In the dark

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

As our activities end for the day, we were back at SM ENT. where he had another practice.We finally had our break time. Lyn and Vian leaned back while closing their eyes while Regine was listening to her ipod. (Turns out it was just in her bag all this time)

“I’m thirsty.I’m gonna go get something to drink, you guys want anything?” I stood up from my spot

“Food.” Lyn said

“Arasso~” Usually, I would ask at least one of them to come with me, especially since it’s early in the morning and I’m kinda scared. It doesn’t help that they say there are so many ghosts here but since the girls looked so tired, I went by myself.

I took a deep breath and walked out as fast as I can towards the vending machine. When I finally reached it, I put in some coins and I got a bottle of water for myself and a bag of chips for Lyn. I was just taking out the bag of chips when I heard some noise from the door near me.

I walked cautiously towards the door “Hello? Anyone there?”

I heard a groan from inside and even though I was scared to death, curiosity got the best of me. I took another deep breath and stepped into the room. I couldn’t see anything because it was dark. I took a sigh of relief, looks like nobody’s here. I was about to turn around and leave when the door shut by itself.

I gasped and dropped the things I was carrying and hurried towards the door. “Open up! Open up! Sh!t!” I wrestled with the doorknob

Oh my GOD! Did the doorknob just come off?! I tried to put the doorknob back to its original position when I heard something behind me. I stopped moving and stayed as still as I can.

Maybe if I don’t move the ghost won’t see me. Since it’s dark and all. I heard the steps coming closer and closer. Nooo! Get away from me! I promise I will be good from now on, just please spare my life.

The ghost finally stopped walking, just right behind me. I could feel his/her breath and the hair on my neck raised. I started to get teary-eyed. This is so scary. He/she placed his hand on my shoulder and as an instinct, I turned around and started to shout my lungs off.

The ghost did the same. After a few seconds, I realized, ghosts don’t scream. Unless they’re like Casper or something. Oh my GOD! Then this could be a killer or something!

“Wh—Who are you?” My voice trembled

“Why should I tell you?” A male voice replied and somehow it seemed familiar but I just couldn’t point out who.

“Please don’t hurt me!”

I heard some flickering. What is he doing? Is he like, preparing his weapon of choice to claim my life? I closed my eyes and clasped my hand together as I prayed, hoping that my life would spared.

1...2…3..

you ?”

Eh? The killer knows my name? Omo! Must be a stalker!

“Please don’t hurt me.” I repeated

The guy chuckled “Babo~, open your eyes and look at me.”

I slowly opened my eyes and almost fainted as I saw who had been my ghost slash killer slash stalker…It was none other than Donghae himself. Oh and that flickering light was his lighter.

I was sitting and leaning back watching Donghae lighting a candle. How can someone do something as simple as lighting a candle and be so cute at the same time? Donghae looked up and caught me staring.

He smiled “Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Uhmm…nothing. I was just thinking about something.” I said and looked away

Donghae smiled some more then he sat beside me. His smile is so mesmerizing.

“How did you get in here?” Donghae smiled

“What?” I asked in a daze

Donghae’s chuckle put me back into mind. Ugh. you ! Stop making a fool of yourself.

“I heard some noise so I checked it out.Wait a minute, what were you doing here?” I asked

“Just practicing.”

Now that he’s near me, I can see that he was drenching of sweat.

“Omo oppa, you should wipe your sweat before it dries up.”

“Unfortunately, I forgot my towel back at the other practice room.” Donghae gave me an embarrassed smile “I really hate how I’m so forgetful.”

“You could have mine.” I handed him my face towel, which so happens, had my initials engraved in it.

“Are you sure? What are you gonna use then?”

“Well, I’m not the one drenched in sweat here.Don’t worry, it’s clean.” I smiled at him

He smiled back and took the towel. He started to wipe his sweat and I might seem like a total after this but the sight of him, wiping his sweat, HOT!

(Ok, I don’t actually think like this.haha. but most fangirls do…so yeah)

“You’re doing it again.” Donghae pointed out

“Doing what?”

“Staring.” He gave me a smile of amusement

“Well, you couldn’t blame me. There’s nothing else to look at.” I shuffled in my place uncomfortably and I wasn’t lying either. Besides Donghae, I could only stare at the candle, and who wants to stare at a candle when Donghae’s around?

An awkward silence followed.

“I wonder when people will realize we’re gone and start to find us?” He broke the silence

I hope never! “Quickly, I hope.”

“What’s that supposed to mean?” Donghae frowned “Don’t you like being with me?”

“A-Anio oppa, I was just saying that…uhm…well, uh…” I blew out my cheeks and looked away. Why can’t I come up with good excuse?

“I understand. I mean, not everyone can like me.”

Oppa…what are you talking about? Haven’t I said earlier that you were my favorite in SJ? Did you think I was just lying?
“To be honest oppa, I’m glad to be here with you.” I muttered

“Really?” Donghae instantly brightened up

I slowly nodded my head and shot him a small smile.

“You seem uncomfortable. Are you alright?” He asked with a concerned tone

“I’m alright. Wait, oppa, didn’t we just scream our heads off earlier?”

“Yeah, so?”

“Then they should’ve heard us, right?”

“Unfortunately no, this practice room is really far from the other practice rooms. It’s rarely used actually. So there’s a very slim chance that they would hear us even how much we shout, unless they get something from the vending machine.” He explained

“Oh, we could call them but I forgot my phone.” I slumped back

“I left mine too.” He did the same