Kiss?

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

 

I opened my eyes and all I saw was whiteness. Omo! Is this heaven? But I realized later that I was only looking up at the hospital ceiling. I sighed in relief.

That’s when I noticed my surroundings. I sat up and saw the SMtown family, crowded into the small hospital room, they were all fast asleep. I was touched but also overcame with guilt.All because of my clumsiness, the filming was ruined.

My members woke up first and they rushed to me. Even though it was obvious I was fine, they continued to question me. They were so loud that others woke up and they had the same reaction as my members.

There were so many questions that I couldn’t answer one of them. Out of all of them, Heechul was the most exaggerated, talking about head injuries, mental illnesses and so on.

We all stared at him as he went on and on and on. Finally, Hankyung tapped him on the shoulder.

“She hit her leg not her head.” He said in his Chinese accent, he also did gestures like pointing to the leg and head.

“Really?” Heechul imitated Hankyung’s accent

“Ah. Really~ You’re making fun of me again.”

They started to argue while Kangin and Leeteuk was trying to stop them. Yesung was narrating the situation to himself.

Siwon was talking about something like “This is GOD’s world. GOD wouldn’t be happy if there are fights.” while Donghae was telling him not to talk about those things because of Heechul.

Siwon was stubborn about it and the two of them also started to argue. So it was a double task for Kangin and Leeteuk who were trying to stop the four guys arguing.

Tiffany was asking the her members what was happening, Jessica was having a slow reaction moment as she looked around The others ones who were just quiet were Shinee, and the rest of Super Junior and SoShi.

The sunbaes like BoA, DBSK, ZLY and CSJH were just hanging back and chatting while my members were talking about me like I wasn’t there. Overall, if I could describe the situation with only one word: it would be chaotic.

I looked around and started to laugh. In an instant, everyone stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. I could care less about them staring at me like I was crazy, all I cared about was how funny the situation seemed.

You know how they say laughter is contagious? Well, it didn’t take long for others to laugh along with me.
==
One by one, everyone left because of their own schedules. I received the diagnosis of my leg right after they left. My leg had a minor injury and I needed to wear a cast but only for one week then I could go back to my old life but I still had to spend 3 days in the hospital.

The first and second days weren’t exactly exciting but they were fine. I received gifts from fans and friends and also had visitors 24/7.

On the 3rd day, Super Junior (besides from Kibum) and my members came to a visit. The others weren’t able to make it due to schedules but they did send me some greetings so it’s alright and besides I’ve bothered them enough already.

Would it be wrong if I said that I was actually glad Kibum wasn’t there? Our last conversation wasn’t exactly something I’d like to store in mind.

“Look at the publicity she’s getting just because of a broken leg. For the past few days, she’s been all over the TV and newspapers.” Heechul said, inspecting a newspaper “Maybe I should break my leg too?”

“Heeeyyy! Don’t think about stuff like that!” We chorused

“GOD doesn’t want any of his children to feel pain.” Siwon said with his hands together

“Aish, I’m going crazy.” Heechul remarked

We laughed.

you , have you already said thank you to Donghae?” Vian whispered

“No, I haven’t got the chance yet.” I whispered back

“Well now’s your chance.” Vian smiled

What?

“Who wants to get some food?” Vian called out

“Me!” Everyone except Donghae and I raised their hands

I smiled. I should have known they would do something like this.

“Donghae, take care of you while we’re gone, ok?” Kangin slapped the back of Donghae and gave me a little wink.

On the way out, Heechul started to sing a song about two people falling in love, exaggeratedly I might add.

“Get out of here!” Donghae laughed and pushed Heechul

Everyone left and there was this unsettling silence in the room. I thought we’re already gotten through the awkward phase?

“Uhmm..so how’s your leg?” Donghae broke the silence

“Well I don’t feel any pain, so I guess it’s fine.” I flashed a smile

“That’s good then.” Donghae stood up and went over to me

“Yeah, good.” I nodded

Then we just stared at each other, smiling. I looked away.

“Uh…thanks by the way.” I fidgeted with my blanket

“Thanks for what?” Now he was right beside my bed

“You know, for catching me.” I gave him a glance

“Ah.” Donghae laughed “Remember when I told you that I’d always be here when you needed me?”

I looked at him and nodded my head.

“Well I was just doing that, I’m a person who keeps his word you know.”

“I know.” I replied and we laughed

I bit my lip.

“I have something to give you.” Donghae smiled shyly

“Really?”

“Yeah. Here.” Donghae handed me a box

“This isn’t a wedding ring, is it?” I joked

“Just open it.” Donghae ruffled my hair

“TADA!” Donghae said as soon as I opened the box.

I stared at it. A necklace?

“You don’t like it?” Donghae asked

A smile slowly lighted my face “What are you talking about? Of course I like it! I’ve always liked it.”

“You’ve seen it before?” Donghae frowned

“Of course. You always wore it during the U days.” I smiled

Donghae smiled back “Right. You want me to help you wear it?”

I nodded and handed him back the box. He took the necklace from the box and leaned towards me as he put the necklace on me. After he locked it, he unintentionally looked into my eyes and his smile faded.We stared at each other.

“What are you two doing?!” Heechul shrieked

Donghae and I separated immediately “Nothing.” We answered

“You two…were you about to kiss?!” Eunhyuk eyes widened

“No!” Donghae and I frantically shook our heads

Leeteuk came from the back with his mouth hung open. He stared at Donghae and I, his hand going back and forth, after a few seconds he fainted

“Hyung!”

“Oppa!”