Beside him

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

“Omo!you you’re here!”

“Donghae ah!”

Donghae and I opened our eyes to the noise that surrounded us. We were surprised to see the SMtown family in front of us (besides from DBSK who were at Japan and BoA who was at the US). It took awhile for me to realize that my head was on Donghae’s shoulder, when I did I withdrew it immediately and because his head was leaning on my head, it caused him some pain.

“Omo! Mianhaeyo oppa” I apologized, bowing down over and over

“It’s alright. It’s alright. Don’t worry.” He smiled and patted my head

Aaahhh! Skinship!

“Ya, are you two dating?” Shindong joked

We all stared at him.

“What? Wasn’t I funny?” Shindong looked around us

“Aish. If I was the one who said that then it must have been funny!” Heechul interjected

We all turned to him and laughed.

“What time is it?” I asked, after the laughter had settled down

“4 am. You’ve been stuck here for almost an hour and a half.” Vian’s eyes flickered to Siwon while she spoke.

I tried my best not to smile and ended up biting my lip “So, I guess this means back to practice?”

Donghae stood up then helped me up.

“Actually, no. Our schedule starts at 7 remember? And if we want to get some sleep, we have to go home now.”

“Actually, you’re wrong Lyn.”

We all turned to the manager.

“The managers and I have decided that we should all just sleep here. You won’t mind, won’t you? And LSM has already approved.” Our manager informed.

We all stared at the manager. You mean like our trainee days? Well that’s just….wonderful! We all gathered around the manager and got into a group hug. Most of the girls squealed and smiled widely while the guys did hi-fives and chuckled.

“We’ll go ahead, grab your things and just head on to the practice room.” Lyn said but before leaving, she glanced at Taemin who caught her and smiled at her.

Once again, I tried my best not to smile. I greeted each and everyone there, since this was the first time meeting them, aside from Super Junior and I also apologized for the inconvenience I—(well, me and Donghae) caused.

“It’s alright. We’re just happy you’re alright.” Taeyeon patted my head

The rest also said things along the same lines with that of Taeyeon’s.

“Let’s go. We all better grab our things then head to the biggest practice room.” Kangin said

As I walked out, I was beside Shinee.

“I’m sort of glad you guys got lost because we had some break during practice.” Key whispered and I laughed.

Onew and Jonghyun who had overheard slapped him at the back of his head. They started to argue and I laughed again. I decided to stole a glance at Donghae and just in time, I saw him and Jessica glancing at each other and smiling. Even thought it was just for a split second, I can’t help but feel jealous.

I sighed.

you , are you alright?” Sunny put her arm around me

“Ne unnie, I’m fine.” I smiled

“You speak English right?” Tiffany popped out of nowhere and hooked her arm with mine

“Yes. I can speak English.” I replied in English

“I knew it! I bet we’ll talk a lot to each other.” Tiffany also replied in English

I went to the practice room and saw my members. They had already fixed my things.

“Here.” Regine handed me a cookie

I opened my mouth and she popped it in.

“Gamsahamnida!~” I said as bits of cookie crumbs came out from my mouth

“Ok.Ew.” Lyn scrunched her nose in disgust “Anyway, tell us what happened!” She had that familiar glint in her eyes

I swallowed my cookie “What happened about what?”

“Don’t play dumb! You and Donghae were stuck in that room for more than an hour! Something has bound to happen.” Vian smiled mischievously at me

I pouted “Well honestly, we just talked and then we fell asleep I guess.”

“Awww…” The girls sighed in discontentment

I laughed and they soon followed. We then headed on to the biggest practice room, where we will be sleeping with other SMtowners.

When we arrived, everyone else was already there. We were the last one. We set-up the sleeping bags randomly and I ended up sleeping next to Donghae! Could you say fate?!

“Fate.” Everyone responded

Eh? Did I just say that out loud?! Sh!t! I stood up from my spot and bowed down

“I’m sorry unnies and oppas.”

“It’s alright~” They replied

Their tone made me cringe cause it was like ‘ok, fine. Just go to sleep, we’re all tired. So lie down and don’t talk anymore’ I nodded my head and laid back down. To my left was Donghae while to my right was the wall.

I turned to my left and saw Donghae sleeping peacefully. I smiled, should I totally face him? Hmm… There’s nothing wrong with it right? It’s not like I made this happen on purpose. I shifted in my place till I was fully facing Donghae. I smiled one more time before closing my eyes and falling into deep slumber.

After only minutes of falling asleep, I woke up due to the sounds coming from outside. It was raining hard accompanied with thunders and lightning. I shivered, it was so cold even when the windows were shut and besides from the sleeping bag, I didn’t have anything to cover me up. I laid on my back and rubbed my arms but to no avail, it was still cold.

“Are you alright?” I stopped and looked at Donghae oppa who was looking at me with big, brown eyes

“I’m fine oppa.” I lied “Did I wake you up? I’m sorry. Just go back to sleep.”

“Come closer.” He told me

“Wh-What?” My eyes widened

“Come closer so that I could hug you and give you some warmth.” He continued

I blushed. Thankfully, it was dark and he couldn’t really see me.

“It’s fine oppa, really…I---“ Before I could protest any longer, Donghae put his arm around me and pulled me closer to him.

“Go to sleep.” He whispered into my ear

I subtly nodded and bundled up to him in order to be more comfortable, in a matter of seconds I fell asleep once more.