Change of mind

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

[Listened to Stacy Orrico’s I promise while writing this and Michelle Branch's Goodbye suits this.]

The day came for my final performance. For others, it was merely a special stage, no one knew that I was really saying my goodbyes.As I was singing, there was a huge screen behind me, showing pictures and videos from my pre-debut up to now.

As I sang my song, I can’t help tearing up and at times my voice shook. I also saw some of my fans tearing up which caused me even to be sadder. When I sang the last line, I bowed down my head, not wanting to let anyone see that my tears have come out.

That same night, we had a party at SM and not just an ordinary party either, it was my birthday/ farewell party. I seemed happy as usual but being surrounded by people who were so important to me, the pain was just unbearable.

I leaned at the food booth, taking a sip out of my drink. I sighed and looked around me. Everyone looked so happy. I peeked at my watch for like the 91327th time. I haven’t seen a sign of Donghae. Wasn’t he going to come?

I looked up just in time to see Donghae coming through the door. I smiled happily for the first time in so long. Donghae looked at my direction and smiled, he quickly maneuvered his way through the crowd and went into Jessica’s arms. He didn’t even see me.

A staff came and whispered to me through the loud music. I nodded my head and set my drink on the table. The lights dimmed and the music stopped. My manager came up on stage and called me up.

A spotlight came on me and I instantly smiled. As I made my way to the stage, people sang the happy birthday song to me. I stepped on stage and took the microphone from the manager.

I looked at the crowd and smiled “First of all, I would like to thank you all for taking time off your busy schedules and coming. It has only been a short while since my stay here but I already feel at home here. For that, I thank you.” I bowed down to show my gratitude as everyone clapped

“This day is very special to me and not just because it’s my birthday but also because, today will be my last day as G.A.L’s member and being a part of SM Ent.” I paused and sighed “I’m sorry for only telling this to you now but I didn’t want to burden you all and it was kept as a secret between me, my manager and LSM. Once again, I would like to my express my gratitude for everything and I hope you all nothing but the best. SM Ent. Hwaiting!”

With that said, I stepped off the stage and left the room. Together with my manager, I entered the van and left for the dorm. I finished my packing and did some last minute check to make sure I wouldn’t leave anything behind.

you , are you ready to go?” The manager asked

“I still have to do something oppa. Go ahead, I’ll catch up.” I smiled

The manager nodded and left the room. I put down my bags and went around the dorm, it was the last time I was going to be here. It was over. Everything was really over. Before I could start crying, I picked up my bags and opened the door.

“What are you doing here?” I blinked my eyes rapidly, making sure if what I seeing was real.

Kibum lifted his head “Can we talk for a bit?”

==

“So you’re really leaving?” Kibum asked

I nodded my head.

“When?”

“Now.” I answered

“Why are you doing this?”

“Is there a reason for me not to do this?”

“Of course there is. There are many reasons.”

“But none of it means anything to me.”

Kibum scoffed “Really? If it didn’t then you should have left a long time ago.”

“I have to go.” I picked up my bags and started to walk away

“Are you really going to leave everything behind? Your friends, your dreams and most importantly Donghae!” Kibum shouted

I froze at the mention of Donghae’s name

“Are you really prepared to see him in the arms of another woman without even fighting for him?” Kibum calmed down

“I don’t care about those things anymore. The you you’ve met, the one who cared so much about her friends, the one whose dream was to be an idol and the one who loved Donghae oppa is now gone.”

I took a step forward but froze once again as I heard another voice.

“I don’t believe you.”

Donghae. I quickly turned around to see if I was right and I was. Donghae walked towards me, grabbed me by the shoulders and put his lips on mine. My eyes widened and I dropped my bags.

From afar, Jessica was watching a corner, tears spilled from her eyes but she still smiled. Happy that finally, the truth has come out.

Donghae finally separated his lips from mine and gave me an intense look “If I ask you to be my girlfriend, would you stay?”

Tears spilled from my own eyes but this time it was because I was happy.

“Don’t cry.” Donghae wiped my tears and gave me a tight hug “you -sshi, saranghamnida.” Donghae whispered