Together Again

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

A glum Donghae opened the door but when he looked to see who it was, a smile lit up his face.

“Jessica.” Donghae said before pulling Jessica into his arms and hugging her tightly

While me? I was in a corner watching the events. I turned away and tears started to flow from my eyes. Why was I even crying? When I was the reason this was happening? But I couldn’t help it, I couldn’t.

==
I didn’t stay too long. I started to take a walk even when it was raining. In some strange way, the rain actually comforted me. Like, someone up there knew what I was feeling. I entered the dorm and as usual, the other members panicked. I can’t blame them though, I was drenched in water.

Suddenly, I felt weak and would have fallen on the floor if someone hasn’t caught me.

“I’m tired.” Those were the last words I spoke before darkness came over me
==

I woke up and looked around, my eyes were still a bit misty. My eyes stopped by the window, there was a familiar figure there.

“Who are you?” I asked

That figure turned around but before I could get a good view of him, I started to feel sleepy and fell asleep instantly.

==
I woke up again in the middle of the night. The other members were gathered in the room, talking about me.

I smiled “Are you guys…backstabbing me?” I joked

They stopped talking and headed to me.

you , are you feeling ok?” Regine asked

I nodded my head “My head…uh, I feel kinda dizzy, that’s all.”

I saw the sorry looks of my members “____..” Lyn started

“Do we have some food? I’m hungry.” I abruptly changed the topic

“I’m going to cook some ramen for you.” Vian headed out the kitchen

I smiled at the other members “I’m alright. Don’t worry about me.”

==
The next day at SM building. During the break, the girls rested as usual. I quietly left the room and went to the room near the vending machine. I opened the door and saw an image of Donghae and I during our first meeting.

I smiled at the thought.

“What are you doing here?”

I was too accustomed with Kibum’s sudden appearances that it didn’t surprise my anymore.

==
“You know, I’m jealous of you.” I said

Kibum stared at me. He didn’t need to ask, I already knew what he was thinking.

“The way you just appear and disappear anytime you want. I wish I could do that.” I sighed

“You… when you say it like that, it seems like I’m a ghost or something.” Kibum replied

I burst into laughter that quickly faded away “Can I ask for a favor?”

“What is it?”

“Could you hold me?” I turned to look at Kibum and hugged him. I started to cry.

==
I walked along as I remembered Kibum’s words.

you , do you know why there are ghosts?”

‘They’re used to scare people, why?” I answered confidently

Kibum laughed and my confidence sank with the Titanic.

‘Ghosts were once people too. People who laugh and smile but also get hurt and cry. Even after they die, nothing gets changed that much. Just like when they were alive, they still smile and they still cry. The reason why there are ghosts is because these people died with things still left undone and words unsaid.’

‘I don’t get it’

Kibum smiled ‘What I’m trying to say is, you can never run and escape from your problems. Even if you died, you can’t say you’re entirely happy because like I said before there are things left undone and words unsaid.’

Just then my phone rang.

“Yobosaeyo?”

you ! I have good news for you!” An excited Donghae met me

you could we meet?”

“Now?”

==
“Oppa!” I called out

Donghae turned around with a huge smile on his face. He ran towards me and hugged me tightly.

you , you , we’re together again. Jessica and I.”

“Really? That’s great.”

Donghae stepped away from me “You don’t sound too happy.”

I forced a smile “No, I’m happy. I really am. Listen, I have to go. Schedule. It was nice seeing you.”