30

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

Kibum landed on the floor and I ran towards him “Are you alright?” I asked, I looked up at Donghae “What’s your problem?!”

Donghae scoffed “You’re asking me what’s my problem? Do you know how it feels like to see my girl in the arms of another man?”

I slowly stood up and looked him in the eye “And do you know how it hurts to see the man you love kissing another girl?”

Donghae’s expression softened as he remembered his fault. He opened his mouth to speak but I didn’t allow him to.

“Because of you, I have suffered and endured so many pain, you haven’t even felt one half of what I’ve felt. I thought I knew you but it seems the Donghae that I loved and cared for with all my heart is gone. Now please, leave. I don’t want to see you anymore.”

Donghae’s eyes filled with tears but he didn’t do anything and just followed what I said, he left the room. Tears flowed down my face. I wiped them away and rushed to Kibum.

“Are you alright?” I asked him

Kibum smiled, somehow it seemed forced “I’m fine.”

For the next few days, I spent most of my time with my members. I’ve realized that ever since Donghae stepped into my life, I’ve been almost ignoring them. Sure, we were together during shows and performances but after that, I disappeared to my own world. What happened to our pre-debut days when I can’t even seem to live without them? When the mere thought of the possibility that we might not be together forever almost made me cry? As of now, I’ll try my best to forget about Donghae and the pain.

It seemed like someone up there also wanted to see me happy because the girls and I were going to be off to another country for a week to promote our songs. All the girls were happy to be able to travel to another country but I was ecstatic. The best part was that a camera would be following us so I had no time, whatsoever, to think about Donghae. During that week, I regained my closeness to the girls.

A week passed and we were going home.

“Do we really have to leave?” I whined to the PD “Nooo!!” I shook the camera

Not only did I become closer to the girls but I also got attached to the staff.
Regine came up from behind and pouted to the camera. We started to fake cry but ended up laughing out loud. A few hours before going home, the girls had solo interviews.

“First of all, I’m really thankful for this opportunity. I never thought that I could go to a beautiful place like this and get to meet such wonderful people. Also, I think my friendship with the other members have really strengthened. Even though we’re still new to the industry, I’m very happy that a lot of people are paying attention to us. I hope everyone can love and support G.A.L and please watch over us. Saranghaeyo.”

When we were finally aboard the plane, we felt so sleepy and tired that we ended up sleeping.

==
We finally arrived back at Seoul and as I stepped down the plane, all the forgotten pain and sadness came back. I took a deep breath as the gentle wind touched my face.

you , are you alright?” Vian asked

I smiled “Better than ever.”

And I wasn’t lying this time. Sure, I remembered all my problems but I wasn’t as melancholic when I left. The girls and I had just entered the van when my cellphone rang. It was Jessica. She said she wanted to talk.

==
I entered the café with a smile on my face, Jessica looked up and smiled back. We gave each other a brief hug before sitting down.

“Do you want anything?” Jessica asked

I shook my head “Actually unnie, I only have 30 minutes.”

Jessica nodded in an understanding way “I wanted to give you something.H ere.” Jessica took out a tape from her bag and gave it to me

“What is this unnie?” I looked at the tape

“Just watch it. I won’t waste any of your time now. I’ve done what I had to do.” Jessica stood up and gave me a goodbye hug.

I put the tape on my bag and left after buying some snacks. I went back into the van and my members gathered around me, not because they were curious as to why Jessica wanted to meet me, but because they wanted to have some of my snacks but when we started to eat, they started to interrogate me.

“She just gave me a tape. Probably a movie.” I shrugged, biting into a cookie

Our day was full of interviews, filming and photo shoots that the tape was forgotten. We had arrived home around 2am. The usual scene of us, flopping on the different parts of the living room, happened. Then we started to debate on who should use the bathroom first. We started to play rock paper scissors to see who wins and in the end I lost. As the other members went back to the rooms, I flopped on the couch and hit something hard.

“Ah!” I rubbed my stomach where the hard object had it and I rolled off the couch. I had laid on my bag but why is it so hard? I took my bag and opened it. Oh right, the tape. I took it out and popped it into the DVD. I looked around my bag more when I suddenly heard a soft voice saying: neorago

I looked up and saw it was Super Junior, performing their latest song, It’s you but it was solely focused on Donghae. I felt a pang of annoyance at Jessica. I took the remote and was about to turn off the tv when I noticed something. Donghae wasn’t like himself. His dancing was more powerful and his gaze was so intense that it didn't seem just to be an energetic performance anymore. Even when I was just watching, I could feel the tension and aggressiveness. Almost like, he was pouring out all his emotions in this one song.

Tears formed in my eyes and the familiar feeling of confusion came back. Just when I thought I had gotten over him, this happened. I abruptly turned off the television and leaned back, closing my eyes. In a matter of minutes, I had fallen asleep.I woke up. My body hurt from sleeping on the floor and I walked tiredly towards the dining room.

“Oh, you’re awake?” A familiar, semi-deep voice said

I looked up and saw Kibum eating breakfast with the other members. A smile came to my face. What was he doing here early in the morning? After finishing the morning routine, Kibum and I were alone.

I breathed in deeply “Spring is coming soon.”

“Pretty soon, this park would be filled with couples.” Kibum said

“Yeah, couples.” I sighed

Kibum and I looked around. After moments of silence, I finally spoke

“What did you want to tell me?”

Kibum blinked “What?”

I smiled “If there’s something I’ve found out about Super Junior’s Kibum, it’s that he always appears for a reason, never just because he feels like it.” I gave him a knowing look

Kibum smiled “Ya, you think you’ve got me all figured out, do you?”

“I didn’t say that.” I answered
Kibum quickly turned serious “Do you remember what I told you about ghosts?”

I nodded, wondering where this was going to.

“This is the perfect example for that.” Kibum finished

“What are you trying to say?” I asked, impatiently

“Talk to Donghae.” Kibum stated

I looked at Kibum “What?”

“You can’t run away from him forever. You two need to talk, whether you like it or not.”

“But I’m not ready yet.” I muttered

“And when will you be?” Kibum’s voice raised a little “When it’s too late and you end up regretting it? Or are you planning to leave like you did last time?!”

I glared at Kibum “Who are you to tell me what and what not to do?!”

“It’s because you never do anything unless you’re told to. You’re like an obedient dog that doesn’t have a mind of its own, always following what others are telling you. It’s about time you stood up for yourself.”

“What are you talking about? I always stand up for myself.”

Kibum scoffed “Then why haven’t I seen you do it?”

“Fine, I’m gonna show you. I’m going to talk to Do—that person!” I said and left in a huff

AN: The anticipated line ‘why can’t you love me?!’ will probably appear in the next chap. Please look forward to it and I really like how your comments are filled with emotions.^^ Readers hwaiting! You guys are the best set of readers, honestly.