dance

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

I peeled off a piece of bread and chewed it. I am so bored. The other members are at their individual schedules while I was stuck at home. My next activity was about in 2 hours. I should probably rest but I’m not feeling the least bit of fatigue.

My phone suddenly vibrated, indicating that I had a new message. I wiped off the crumbs of my hand on the side of my shorts and grabbed my phone from the counter.

you -sshi, annyeong!^^
How are you feeling today?
You’re so small but so heavy.’

I replied ‘Who is this?’

After a few moments, another message came back ‘I’m a friend. Always take care!’

I replied with another ‘who is this’. After half an hour of waiting, I realized I wasn’t gonna receive from my ‘friend’ anytime soon so now I only have an hour and 30 minutes left for my free time.

What’s a girl like me to do? I groaned and put my head on the table. It didn’t take long before my phone vibrated again accompanied with some music this time, causing my head also to shake.

“Ouch.” I touched my forehead

I grumbled some random words and took my phone. The name ‘Donghae’ with a picture of him came across the screen. I took a deep breath and put on a happy face.

“Oppa? Why’d you call? What?! No! Wait for me! Ok? I’m coming!”

I didn’t even bother to change out of my pajamas and just grabbed a jacket then ran out of the dorm.

==
I ran towards SJ’s dorm and knocked loudly on the door.

“Oppa? Oppa! Oppa, open up!”

The door opened revealing Donghae “You came fast.” He pointed out, looking at the watch on the wall.

Something is very wrong here. Didn’t he say earlier that there was an emergency? And now, he’s standing before me, fine and smiling. I can’t believe he just tricked me.

“You—“ I was about to point out what I just realized when he suddenly pulled me in

“I’m so glad you came! The other members are busy with their own schedules and I’m the only one left at home so I was really bored and I suddenly thought of you!” Donghae said, all the while, dragging me in.

He gently pushed me to the couch. I stared at him. He had a happy smile on his face with his hands on his waist. His eyes went up and down and his smile faded. I silently cursed as I tried my best to cover my outfit with my jacket.

“You came wearing only your pajamas?” Donghae raised a brow

“Well you made it seem like an emergency so I came as fast as I can.” I explained as I felt blood run to my cheeks

Donghae smile “Don’t worry. It’s cute.” Donghae ruffled my hair and went to the kitchen

A smile came to my face. After a few minutes, Donghae came back with a tray of food and drinks. He set it on the table in front of the couch then sat beside me.

“Oppa, how are things with Jessica unnie going?” I asked

“Everything’s fine. Back to normal. It’s just that we don’t get to spend as much time together now.” Donghae sighed “But it’s alright! We still text each other as much as we can.” Donghae perked up

I gave him a small smile. If only he would look my way, I will do anything to spend as much time with him but he chose Jessica. I stayed at SJ’s dorm with Donghae for about an hour, before returning home to change my clothes.

We had a fun time. We joked around and even when the television was on, we didn’t pay attention to it.

I still can’t forget the words he told me before I left ‘you -sshi, Jessica and I will be having dinner later and we were hoping that you would come, you would right?’

His eyes looked so pleading and hopeful that I couldn’t get myself to say no.

==
The dinner wasn’t that grand. It was just the three of us sitting in the floor at the room near the vending machine with lunchboxes. It was fun though.

Donghae fed me lots of times, though I really don’t remember him feeding Jessica. To be honest, Jessica seemed to be quiet the whole time. No, he must have fed her, I just missed it. Yeah.

==

I put my chin on my hands as I thought of what happened earlier. Unknowingly, a smile came to my face.

“You seem happy.” Kibum popped in

“I am.” I sighed dreamily

“Everyone does become happy once they think of me.” Kibum stood beside me

I snorted “You? What makes you think I’m thinking about you?”

“Who wouldn’t?” Kibum replied smugly

I rolled my eyes and smiled “Whatever. I won’t let you ruin my mood.”

All of a sudden music drafted into the room, we weren’t surprised since the next room to us had this grand piano. Probably just some trainee practicing but it did catch our attention. It had a soft and sweet melody with a hint of sorrow.

Kibum and I looked at each other and smiled awkwardly.

“I just remembered. We’re going to have a dance soon. Well, more like a party.” Kibum announced

“For what?”

“Nothing. It’s just an annual thing.”

I nodded my head.

“You could go with a date…” Kibum trailed off

A smile made its way to my face “Is this true? Is the mysterious and silent Kibum asking me out?”

“I—I, who said I was inviting you to become my date? I was just informing you that.” Kibum said

“Uh-huh, ok.” I nodded “ But if the thought ever comes to mind, it’s a yes. Who else would I go with anyway?”

I left the room and shut the door but I stopped when I heard a loud ‘yes!’ from inside. I laughed and went off.

==
The very next day, the members and I went shopping for some dresses and accessories. We played around a first, dressing in pieces that didn’t match or ridiculous outfits. I was browsing through a rack when I finally found the one.

It was almost exactly like the gown that Taylor Swift wore on her ‘love story’ music video. The one where she was in the balcony except it was a different color and a bit shorter.

“Wow, it’s pretty.” Regine said

The other members gathered around me. I took the gown off the rack and went into one of the dressing rooms. When I came out, all the girls looked at me with awe.

you you’re so beautiful!” Lyn jumped up and down

“The cloth is so smooth and soft!” Vian smiled

After I had chosen my clothes, I helped out the other girls find their dresses. We would all look like princesses in the dance with matching accessories.

Sadly, I had a schedule right before the dance while the other girls were free so I had no choice but to be late.

Wearing my heels and gown and forgetting all about poise and sophistication, I ran towards the room where the dance was gonna be held. Surprisingly, it was also the same the room that I slept in together with the other SMtown artists.

I came to a stop just before the door. I took a deep breath, checked myself in my compact mirror then opened the doors….