Freedom

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

I tapped my phone on my palm, deciding whether I should call Donghae or not.

“Would you stop pacing around?!” Lyn said, irritation in her voice

“You’re giving me a headache.” Vian whined

“Just call him if you want to!” Regine urged

I frowned at them “That’s easy for you to say.”

I plopped on the couch.

“Then go to him.” Vian said

“What? How am I supposed to know where he is?” I looked at her

“Duh. Check his schedule on their website.” Regine rolled her eyes, making me feel so stupid.

The girls and I rushed to the computer and went to Super Junior’s website. The girls were dismayed as we saw that the places for Super Junior’s schedule were either too far away or we never even knew existed.

“I guess we’ll have to wait later at dawn!” I perked up, glad that there was a delay

Time passed faster than I thought so and soon it was dawn and Super Junior had arrived for practice. I tried to avoid the fact and made it seem like I really wanted to practice but the other members quickly saw through me and somehow, they managed to push me out of the practice room.

After realizing that they weren’t going to let me in anytime soon, I decided to look for Donghae. I went to where Super Junior were practicing and luckily, they were on a break.

“Annyeong-hasaeyo.” I greeted, bowing down

“Annyeong.” They greeted back

“Uh..is Donghae oppa here?” I asked

The members exchanged glances.

“Isn’t he with you?” Leeteuk asked

“No.” I frowned

When we found out, Donghae was missing, we started to go and search for him. It took awhile for me to realize as to where he might be. When I did, I didn’t waste any time, to tell the others. I just told them I’m going to go and left.

“Oppa, let’s go to ??? bridge.”

The manager started the car and we left.

“Oppa, quickly.”

The car stopped a few meters before the bridge because of traffic. 3 minutes passed and we still weren’t moving.

“Oppa, I’m just going to walk.”

“But—“

I stepped off the car and ran towards the bridge. My heart fluttered nervously. What if something had happened to him? Donghae, please be safe. I finally saw a figure and I ran towards him.

“Oppa?”

As if in slow motion, I watched the figure turn around and when I could finally really see him, I smiled. I was right. I was about to go and hug him when he held up his hand, stopping me.

“I’ve been thinking about the things you said.” Donghae looked at the ocean with sorrowful eyes “And I think you’re right, it’s best if we just stay friends but… I’m still trying to move on and I might regret this but you-sshi, we should avoid each other for awhile.”

I felt my heart rip apart and scatter into pieces. Donghae turned to me and smiled.

“I wish you the best.” Donghae gave me a soft peck on the forehead before turning and leaving.

==
I came home, still in a daze. The members gathered around me, asking a bunch of questions.

“He said we shouldn’t see each other anymore.” I choked

The members quieted down.

“Well… didn’t you tell him that you want him back?” Vian asked

I shook my head “I was too shocked to even say a word.”

“Then you should just go and talk to him again.” Regine said

“Maybe he’s right.” I said “Maybe we should just focus on our careers right now.”

“Are you sure?” Lyn frowned

I nodded “Positive.”

And so it happened. Donghae and I didn’t talk to each other or contact each other. Avoiding wasn’t a problem because we were always busy but in the rare times that we saw each other, we would smile and just pass.

I knew that I still loved him. That he still owns my heart. People around us were shocked about our decision. Not really understanding why we chose to end the relationship but I believe that if we were really meant for each other then we will be together in the end. For now, I’ll just savor the freedom and will let fate decide.

==

Check out my new story! Click here! And if you can, please vote and comment.

ANyway, I just felt like sharing. When I wrote this story, THIS chap was almost the ending but due to the fact of numerous complaints, I conitnued. I'm a fan of tragic , boy doesn't get girl stories. Unless of course if I was rooting for the couple too much. :) Anyway, comments are much loved :D

AND btw! I have another old story.  Another DH fic. I used to be obsessed with him, I know. :DD And I was wondering, maybe you'd guys want that? I'm not sure if I'm gonna edit it, though. haha. I'll have to check it first. And also Yoona is sort of the uh...lead of the story but if you'd like I'd change it back to you.