Cinderella

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

irst step, no one noticed me. Second step, some people started to look at me. Third step, everyone’s attention was on me and 4th step, everyone either looked at me in awe or smiled graciously.

I stood there and tried my best to smile despite my fluttering heart. What am I supposed to do now? Then I saw Kibum walking towards me, he stood beside me and bended his arm, signaling for me to hold on to it which I did.

Kibum was my first dance but Donghae was the last.

“You…” Donghae smiled “look really beautiful.”

I shot back a shy smile “Really? Thanks.”

No more words were exchanged after that, just dancing and smiling. In the corner of my eye, I saw the other G.A.L members on the dance floor, each with a partner. Regine was with Sungmin, Lyn was with Taemin and Venice was with Siwon. It seems we really turned out to be princesses tonight, matched with our prince charming of course.
==
After the dance, I sat on a swing in the nearby playground.

“There you are, I’ve been looking all over for you.”

I looked up and saw Kibum, he took a step towards me. “Aren’t you feeling cold?”

“Just a bit.” I answered

Kibum took off his coat and put it on me “Do you want me to take you home?”

“…..”

Kibum sighed and sat on the swing beside me “What’s the problem?”

I looked at him “What do you mean?”

“Don’t even try to deny it. It’s written all over your face.”

I smiled a little “Do you know Cinderella? Cinderella was a beautiful and kind-hearted girl but no one really noticed her but then one night, on a dance, she became the belle of the ball and got to dance with her prince charming but it struck 12am and she had to leave, leaving behind her prince charming and her fame.”

Kibum reached out and about to ruffle my hair but stopped.

“What’s wrong?” I looked at him

Kibum smiled “Your hair is too pretty tonight, I can’t bring myself to ruin it.”

I smiled back but Kibum suddenly turned 360 degrees around.

“But why are you comparing yourself to Cinderella? You’re not beautiful and you’re not kind-hearted.”

I stood up, took off his coat and threw it at him “If you came here just to insult me then you shouldn’t have come.”

I took off my heels and set out home. Kibum called out to me but I ignored him and continued walking.

==
One by one, the G.A.L members phone rang and one by one we didn’t even bother to check our phone and just cut off the phone call but our manager won’t give up and kept on calling.

Finally, Vian got it and picked it up “Arasso, stop calling already.”

After the call, Vian laid back on her bed and fell asleep. Besides the dance, the girls and I had an after party and we drank some alcohol so we really didn’t feel that good and since we didn’t get up sooner, we ended up missing our first schedule.

We were called in to LSM’s office right after the rest of our schedules were finished and we got lectured on importance of being on time, responsibility and professionalism. We could have gotten into more trouble if the PD hadn’t give us a second chance.

In the practice that followed, the girls and I poured out our frustration and disappointment. We worked so hard that by the end of it, every muscle of our body ached.

==
One by one, we entered the car and laid on a seat. I was lucky enough to get the backseat all to myself. When we arrived at home, even though we were dead tired, we didn’t go to sleep.

We all gathered in the living room. Our thoughts on the same sentence from LSM’s mouth.

‘If you don’t want to disband and continue to be a girl group, you should work harder and be more responsible.’

“He’s right.” Lyn spoke

“We were too irresponsible.” Regine added
“Who told us to have an after party anyway?” Vian frowned

“You did.” I answered

“Oh.” Vian quieted

I got up “Well… there’s no use if we just keep on moping around like this. Let’s just go to bed.”

Vian and I separated with Lyn and Regine.

==

The next day, I was called in once more to LSM’s office.

“What’s this supposed to mean?” LSM put down a bunch of pictures

“Pictures?” I answered

“But what’s the content in it?”

I frowned and picked up the pictures. I gasped as I saw that it was pictures of Kibum and I at the park.