back to normal

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

A lot of people were awed with my straightforward manner that right after the filming finished, everyone applauded me, telling I did a great job telling those antis whose boss.

I stayed true to my word and G.A.L and I worked harder, improving day by day. There was a huge difference after that, we went from one of the most hated girl groups to one of the most-loved. Sure, we still had anti-fans but they lessened.

It didn’t take long for the scandal to be forgotten and I was called in once more to LMS’s office.

“Everyone was surprised by your statement in one of that shows.” LMS started “And because of that I’m proud of you.”

“What?”

Lee Soo Man smiled “Not a lot of people have the guts to go and tell what they really feel about anti-fans, especially idols. That was a risky but brave move. You’ve proved to me that I was right when I decided to debut G.A.L”

I smiled happily “Thank you so much.”

Lee Soo Man did a little nod. I bowed down and was about to leave the room.

“And by the way, your ban from Donghae is lifted.”

I swiftly turned around “Really?”

Lee Soo Man nodded “I would like to say sorry about that. It was wrong of me to try and break your friendship.”

Actually, he didn’t need to apologize at all. I understand that he was only trying to save my career.

==
I left the office and picked up my phone. Should I call oppa? But he’s probably busy. I’ll see him later.

I rushed to where the other girls are and told them the good news. At first, they stared at me, my words still undigested but when it was finally digested in their minds, we started to jump up and down in a circle.

The manager entered and broke our little celebration.

“Girls, you still have schedules, you know.”

“We know oppa.” We chorused
“But because you girls have been doing so good lately, it was decided that your rehearsal for later is cancelled.”

We ran towards the manager and did a group hug “Gamsahamnida oppa!”

==
The next schedule I had was Star Golden Bell. It was like an idol special. Each idol group had a representative or so. Super Junior’s representative was Siwon, SNSD’s representative was Tiffany, 2PM’s was Nick Khun, SHinee’s was Taemin and etc.

“The girl who always seems to make headlines whether it be a broken leg or a strong statement, you from G.A.L!”

I smiled and bowed, clapping along with everyone else.

you -sshi, you have gained the nicknames ‘saviour’, ‘angel’, ‘brave soldier’ and so on, how do you feel about it?”

“To be honest, I am very honored and happy but sometimes I think ‘do I even deserve all these praise?’ when all I did was speak my mind.” I answered

“You’re modest too.” Kim Jaedong cut in

“Kim Jaedong, please don’t drool.”

The set burst in laughter.

==
The filming finally ended. I said my thank yous and goodbyes.

you -sshi.”

I turned around and saw Siwon oppa.

“Ne oppa?”

“Donghae told me to give this to you.” Siwon said in a whisper and slipped a piece of paper into my hand “Good job.” Siwon returned to his normal voice and gave me a pat on the head

“Thank you oppa.”

==
I waited until I had entered the safe premises of the van before opening the letter and reading it.

you -sshi, oppa is sorry he can’t say this in person. You forgive oppa right?^^ Oppa would just like to tell you how happy and proud he is for you. Keep up the good work! We should celebrate some time!”

I folded the note and smiled. It was the only thing I can do not to go and squeal in the car. Manager oppa looked into the mirror and saw me smiling.

“You seem happy.”

I smiled wider “I am.”

==
I arrived at MBC studios and headed towards G.A.L’s dressing room immediately. I was about to squeal in delight when I saw Tiffany and Yuri there.

They greeted me happily.

“Way to go telling it straight to those antis!” Tiffany cheered

you jjang!” Yuri added

The 6 of us chatted happily until it was time for the make-up and changing. They said goodbye and left the room.

We performed our new song on MBC music core.

Even though Super Junior were also there, we really didn’t get to talk much to each other since our standing positions were far. We only said our greetings but Donghae and I did catch each others’ eyes and we smiled.