He loves me?

Just A Friend ( An Idol's Love Story)

I paced outside SM building. Aish, why did I let Kibum talk me into this? Or more precise, provoke me? I really hate that over-confident guy right now.

“Uh..unnie, what are you doing?” One of the fans asked

I was too busy pacing around that I didn’t realize that the fans were already staring at me. I gave them an embarrassed smile and a bow before going inside. I took my time walking up the stairs as I continued on insulting Kibum in my mind.

I stopped and turned around. Maybe I shouldn’t do this. I should just go home.

‘It’s because you never do anything unless you’re told to. You’re like an obedient dog that doesn’t have a mind of its own, always following what others are telling you. It’s about time you stood up for yourself.’

Kibum’s words came to mind. No, I should do this. Ok, you . Breathe in and out, In and out. You can do this. you fighting! I turned back around and continued walking up the stairs. I bumped into someone and apologized.

“It’s ok.” A cheerful voice, responded

I looked up and I saw a smiling Jessica “Have you watched the tape?”

“Uh-yes unnie.”

“What did you think about it?”

“Very…uhm…. “ I racked my brain, trying to find the right words to say

“Are you going to talk to him?”

“Eh?”

“Go now. I think he’s alone at the practice room.” Jessica made her way behind me and pushed me

“Arasso. Thanks.”

“Good luck.” Jessica waved

I started my way up the stairs once again.

you !”

I looked back and saw Regine running after me. She panted heavily when she had reached me. “We’ve…been…looking all over for you.”
“Why?”

Regine sat down, trying to catch her breath “We had a….sudden schedule.”

“Oh.”

When Regine returned to her normal breathing, we descended the stairs. Somehow, I felt like someone was watching me, but when I glanced back there was no one there. I’m probably just being paranoid. I had the whole day to put up the confrontation but never a second did I forget about it.

We returned at SM building around a little past midnight. After hours of practicing, we finally earned a break. I told my members where I was going and left. I was about to enter the room but stopped when I heard two voices. I might be wrong but it seems to be Donghae and Taeyeon.

It seems it’s no use to try to speak to him. How could he move on so easily? I turned away and left with sad tears in my eyes.

==
[Donghae POV]

I watched Taeyeon as she tried to appear bright and cheerful but I knew, she was deeply worried inside. Taeyeon is smart. I know she knows what’s coming.

“Taeyeon-sshi..” I started

Taeyeon’s smile vanished for a second but it returned quickly “What is it oppa?”

“I’m sorry.”

“About what?”

“Taeyeon-sshi. You’re pretty, talented and very loveable but—“

“Don’t say anything.” Taeyeon pleaded with tears in her eyes, she hugged me tightly “Don’t tell me that until now you can’t accept my heart.”

I gently pried Taeyeon’s fingers off me and stepped away from her. I put my hands on her shoulders and looked in her eyes. “I’m really sorry.”

Taeyeon threw my arms off her and glared at me “Why?! When you fell in love with Jessica, I let you be with her. You two were always happy while I was just watching from the sidelines. I even helped you with her! And now that you’re not together, you still can’t accept me?! Why?! Tell me why!”

“I’m sorry.” I couldn’t bear watching Taeyeon in pain anymore and I started for the door

“WHY CAN’T YOU LOVE ME?!” Taeyeon screamed and I stopped

“Everything. I did everything for you even when it caused me so much pain. Why? Has someone replaced Jessica in your heart?”

I turned around, avoiding her eyes and nodded my head.

More tears came out from Taeyeon’s eyes but she had calmed down “Who is she?”

I lifted my head and looked at her “you -sshi.”

Taeyeon scoffed “you -sshi? I can’t believe it. All this time, it was her?”

“Taeyeon-ah, you’ve been looking at me for too long, it’s about time you paid attention to someone who really loved you.”

Taeyeon stared at me “What are you talking about?”

“I’m talking about Kangin hyung.” I smiled “You should ask him for a date sometime.”

Taeyeon wiped away her tears and returned her poise “Could I ask a favor from you then? Could you hug me?”

I gave Taeyeon a soft smile and proceeded to envelope my arms around her. Taeyeon cried harder, even when she was obviously trying to stop her tears.

==
[MY/YOUR POV]

I went back to the practice room and slumped in a corner. The members gathered around me.

“What happened now?” Vian asked

I sniffed as I tried to held back my tears “I don’t think there’s any chance of Donghae and I getting back together.”

“Because of Taeyeon?” Regine guessed

I nodded my head.

“Aish, let’s go and beat her up!” Lyn gritted her teeth and cracked her knuckles

“Ya! What are you thinking about? She’s our sunbae!” Vian reminded


“I don’t care if she’s a sunbae or not! How dare she do this to our maknae!” Lyn started for the door but was held back by Vian and Regine

“There’s nothing we can do.” I spoke and the members turned to me “If Donghae will be happy with Taeyeon then I’ll just have to accept it.”

The members sat around me once again.

“Then you should try to move on too.” Vian suggested

“How?” I looked at her

“Kibum oppa.” Regine had a cheeky smile on her face

“Kibum? What does Kibum have to do with this?” I looked at them with confusion

Lyn rolled her eyes “To whom do you always run to when you have problems?”

“Kibum.” I answered

“Who always goes out of his way to be with you?” Regine said

“Kibum.”

“Who is the person that-besides from G.A.L- you trust the most?” Vian’s eyebrows wiggled

“Kibum.”

“And who is the person that’s secretly loving you?” They chorused this time

I didn’t say anything for a moment and when I finally understood what they were trying to say, I looked at them unbelievingly “You’re not saying that…Kibum….that….he's in love with me?!”

“That’s exactly what we’re trying to say.” They chorused