칠십일: The End

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

READ THE A/N AT THE END PEOPLE

 

Something was missing! No matter how perfectly everything was going and how happy she was. Her heart felt heavy. After thinking about it and then thinking about it again and thinking about it once more, she decided it's because of Seoyon not paying any attention to her. Sunmi was back at the café hoping that Seoyon would slow down her horses seeing her again but that didn't happen. She became even more disappointed seeing the flashy ring on sunmi's finger. Sunmi knew one day she will stop being mad at her, when she sees how happy she is, when she realizes that sunmi didn't make the same mistake twice. Seoyon just loved her too much and that was the real reason behind her anger.

It was a boring Saturday and sunmi couldn't be more annoyed. Seoyon had left early and jimin was nowhere to be found. Kookie was also rare to find recently cause he hated being stuck between sunmi and Seoyon. Even the new part timer was gone taking a break. Sunmi was sitting behind the counter hoping that a customer walks in giving her something to do. She brushed her finger over the spotless surface of the counter taking a deep sigh. She took her phone out and texted tae cause apparently he was the only one who didn't hate her guts recently.

To my taetae:

I AM SO BORED TT

She waited for almost fifteen minutes but didn't get any replies. She pouted sadly putting her phone away. He was busy probably.

She placed her forehead on the counter sighing again but soon her phone ringing loudly made her jump. She smiled seeing the name on the phone.

"hey." She smiled widely.

"Shorty I am not your personal entertainer!" tae chuckled into the phone.

"So why did you call?" she said with a smirk.

"Ok for the first time in the history I announce defeat!" tae laughed.

"So what you doing? Aren't you at the café? Then why bored?"

"Everyone is being a to me, that's why." She sighed.

"wanna come pick you up and go somewhere?" he asked.

"Yes please. "She giggled.

"okay then, just hang in there for another hour. Okay baby?"

She smiled. "okay. Can't wait."

As soon as she hung open , the door of the café got opened causing her to look up.

Her eyes went wide open seeing the person who walked into the café. There was no reason for them to meet. What the hell was that person doing here?

"hi!"

Sunmi tried her best to smile and muttered a 'hi' back.

"You probably wondering what the I am doing here."

Sunmi nodded without a word.

"Can we discuss this over a cup of coffee?"

"sure." Sunmi said flatly and started pouring some coffee into two mugs wordlessly.

When she joined the table, kayoung looked up from her book giving her a bright smile.

"How you doing unnie?" she asked.

Sunmi smiled shortly. "I'm ok. Thanks for asking."

"You still hate me don't you?" she asked with a laugh.

"what? I never hated you!" sunmi complained loudly.

"you just didn't enjoy my company though." Kayoung said her smile never leaving her thin lips.

Sunmi didn't say anything and took a sip from her mug.

"unnie...can I ask you something?"

Sunmi nodded.

"you and chanyeol oppa...I mean you never loved him? did I get everything wrong all that time?"

Sunmi pressed her lips on each other. It was weird to hear his name after not seeing or hearing from him for weeks. After jimin had informed her about him leaving she has heard no more news and haven't asked for some either.

"why you curious about such a thing?" sunmi asked.

"you know back then when I first met him he seemed so perfect to me...I thought I will do anything to make this guy mine. Later I got sure that he only has his eyes on you. He was practically blinded by his feelings for you and wouldn't even glance at the most beautiful girl in the world let alone me...who is just..." she sighed between her words. "but although I knew that I kept on trying. I thought one day he would get tired and finally move on. You know what changed my mind?"

Sunmi shook her head as a silent no.

"chan oppa thinks I changed my mind because I started dating someone else and moved on...although that happened later and now I only look at him as a friend but it wasn't like that at the start. I stopped trying cause I started to think the feelings are mutual between the two of you. I knew there was hope for you two and I didn't want to stand between you guys."

Sunmi looked at her with eyes widened. Mutual feelings? Where the hell did she get that idea?

"What do you mean? I don't have feelings like that for...for him." she mumbled suddenly feeling unable to say his name out loud.

Kayoung chuckled. "Maybe you do, maybe you don't."

"I DON'T!" she said firmly.

"Okay you don't...but that's not why I'm here."

Sunmi raised her eyebrows in surprise.

"Then why are you here?"

Kayoung took a deep sigh and muttered. "He is leaving for japan tomorrow morning. I tried my best to stop him but he didn't listen. At first I thought I ask you to stop him but then I realized that would be kind of inappropriate to ask because you two are not talking anymore...but I still thought you might wanna see him one last time before he goes away. Cause he is not planning on coming back."

Sunmi just stared at her blankly not knowing how to feel about the new information she just gained without asking for. Before she can react kayoung stood up grabbing her small purse.

"Thanks for the coffee...I would have paid for it but although you dislike me I wanna think we are friends." She smiled warmly at sunmi before leaving the small café leaving behind a bunch of unanswered questions and a hazy mind.

Sunmi grabbed the half empty mugs mindlessly walking to the back of the café and placing them on the sink. So he is leaving...no more park chanyeol in her life...forever... the information was finally sinking in.

There would be no clumsy giant in her life anymore that she can call dwarf and jump scare.

Another person was leaving sunmi's small social circle and she couldn't do anything about it, and not any random person...park chanyeol.

By now tears were already rolling down her cheeks. She had to meet him one last time and take her chance at making him stop. By that thought in mind she ran to the dressing room to change and in a matter of minutes she was out the place running toward the main street to catch a cab.

*************************

She walked back and forth in the alley near their house...Chan's house ...not their house anymore,for almost half an hour glancing at the building every ten seconds. On the way she was so determined to meet him but now she was just afraid.

Maybe he didn't want to meet. That's why he didn't tell her anything about leaving. Chan's car was nowhere to be seen anyway so maybe he was not at home...she leaned to the wall and stared at the house for another five minutes. Maybe I should just go.she thought. But then at the end of the street a car showed up and sunmi recognized it at once. Her heart fell at the depth of her stomach at once and she could hear it pounding in her ears.

No she couldn't meet him. she didn't have the guts for it...just watching him from a far was good enough. She fixed her eyes on the car and waited till it stopped. Her palms were sweaty and her heart was going nuts. If felt like ages that she haven't met him...

And as soon as the car door opened and chanyeol came out of it with his pointy ears and long legs sunmi realized something...something that scared her to the bones.

He was the thing missing...

*********************************

She was sitting on a random park feeling the grasses under her toes. F

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter