육십육: failed BD Party

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~you are a new definition to an overused concept for me~

🌈Sunmi pov🌈

🌈present day🌈

I looked up at the tall building standing in front of me a small smile appearing on my lips. I couldn't wait to see the look on Chan's face. Today was his birthday and i had planned out a small party for him outside the house in one of the norebangs(karaoke) i knew.

I even have called kayoung to attend. Cause well if they were dating she had to be there. For this i had to lie to Taehyung again but this was the last time. After so many useless arguments i have finally given up. I was soon going to tell Chan everything and the fact that we cannot live with each other anymore. But not for now. Today was his birthday and i wasn't going to have that talk with him at least till the next week. I walked inside and walked to the elevator, i wanted to get to the parking area and scare the out of him....i mean surprise him. I reminded myself with a chuckle remembering how easy it always have been to jump scare him.

After i got out the elevator i looked around for ten minutes till i finally spotted his car. I smiled viciously walking up to it and finding a nice hiding spot behind the next car. I waited there for like two minutes till his secretary texted me saying about him leaving. Yeah i had everything planned out. EVERYTHING! i giggled to myself patiently waiting till i finally noticed him walking up to his car holding his laptop bag with one hand and other hand busy checking the phone. He looks kinda cool like that... stop drooling girl. I shook my head and watched him getting close to his car, he stood in front of the door and started searching his pocket for the car keys.
My smile only grew as i carefully placed the plastic bags i was holding containing a cake i made for him and his gift on the ground and tiptoed to his back.

"BOO!" I shouted loudly hitting him hard on the shoulder with both hands.
He jumped up letting out a not so manly screech and i burst into an uncontrollable set of laughter.

He stared at me shocked and looking pale, i was laughing so hard i had to lean my back to the next car in order not to fall on the ground.

"What the you doing here? Don't tell me you came all the way here just to do that?"

I tried to stop laughing but it seemed impossible. "No...i...i didn't... but even if i did...it... it was totally worth it. i should do that more." I managed to say between laughs.

"Idiot!" He glared at me.

"Awwww you are so tall but you are such a scaredy little cat. Ouri poor chanchani!" I grabbed one of his ears jokingly pulling it and for that i had to get on the tip of my toes again.

"Aish let go!" He freed himself giving me another glare.

I poked my tongue at him and grabbed my bags off the ground.

"So what you doing here looking all dressed up?" He asked again.

I smirked." Let's get going and i will tell you on the way."

He nodded and i walked to the other side of the car. He walked after me and i gave him a questioning look, but when he opened the door for me i realized why he did that.

"you such a gentleman dwarf! My heart goes for you."

He rolled his eyes. "I do that all the time it is called common manners and for the millionth time dwarfs are short i am freaking tall."

I got inside the car and so did he.

"But they have weird ears!" I argued.

"Yeah but my height is more obvious than my ears and when it comes to dwarfs people think about their height first." He argued back.

"Whatever they still have weird ears!" I poke my tongue at him again.

He rolled his eyes buckling his seat belt on.

"You are impossible!" He sighed.

I just chuckled in response. We have had this conversation and it always ended like this.

"So where should i drive you?" He asked as he drove the car out of the parking area of the building.

Did he think i am here to get a ride? I guess he really had no idea today is his birthday or maybe it wasn't! Did i get the date wrong? I panicked all of a sudden but then i remember i have double checked with his mom.

"Going to a karaoke. I will give you the directions." I said.

He nodded keeping his eyes at the road. I guess he thought he is just going to drive me there because i was sure he would start nagging if i told him he has to come.

"You coming!" I said with a smile waiting for him to start complaining.

"WHAT? Why??? What would i do in a god damn karaoke?" he said instantly.

"God you so predictable." I smirked.

"What's that supposed to mean?" He asked.

"Being a little salty today yoda! Aren't you?" I .

He didn't reply and kept his eyes on the road. I sighed looking at his side view. He was getting less and less friendly by day and i could guess the reason. He apparently had sensed the things that were coming up on our way.

"You seriously don't know what day is today?" I asked trying to warm up the cold atmosphere.

"No...Should i know?" He asked.

I sighed. "It's your birthday silly!"

He remained silent for a few seconds and then said:" i guess it is..."

"You guess it is? What the hell? How can someone be so indifferent to his own birthday?"

"Well i... "

"GO LEFT GO LEFT!" i suddenly yelled causing him to jolt.

He gave me a fuming glare before making a turn.

"Sorry i had to...you were saying." I said apologetically.

"I never had a birthday party. I don't actually care." He muttered.

"WHAT? How is that possible? Didn't your mom throw you one? Or any of your friends?? " i asked.

"My parents were busy and gave me money as gift and i never had close friends...birthdays are just another day." He said with an emotionless tone.

"Park anywhere in this area." I said and he nodded his eyes starting to search for a good spot.

"You mean you never had seaweed soup for your birthday?" I asked.

"Nah...My mom doesn't cook." He finally stopped the car. What a ty mom i thought to myself. But then i started smiling again feeling proud of myself because of also making soup for him.

"Well that is about to change cause i made you some and you can have it when we get back home."

He turned to look at me with surprised eyes. "Really?"

I nodded. "Yeah really... and happy birthday." He just stared back at me in shock and i couldn't help myself and ended up leaning in placing in a soft kiss on his cheek.

"Thanks for being born." I muttered before pulling back with an embarrassed face.

Chan was looking at me with shocked eyes and the car suddenly seemed too hot to breathe in so i opened the door and jumped out and after a second he got out too and locked the car.

"Let's go!" I said pretending nothing embarrassing just happened and grabbed his hand and dragged him toward the karaoke place. The place was really popular and always jammed pack at this hour but we had reservation and others were already there. We passed so many rooms with different faint sound of songs coming from inside them till we finally reached the room i was looking for. It was one of the special rooms of the place and i felt really proud of myself for getting it reserved. I have been calling for it for over a month.

We walked inside a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter