육십팔: wrong

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~White noise in my mind
Won't calm down
You're all I think about~

🎀Present day 🎀

After 15 minutes of blankly staring at the ceiling sunmi finally decided to get out the bed. The mixed feelings in her heart have managed to keep her up almost all night. She didn't know how the following week will go on...was it alright to do all this? Wasn't she cheating on Tae like this? She shook her head trying to make herself believe that this is not cheating before she left the room. She walked to the kitchen and got herself busy making pan cakes. She tried to engross herself in making breakfast but her mind wouldn't stop wandering around the ideas she had all night.

"Good morning..." she heard a raspy voice saying and turned around, Chan was standing there with wet hair but he still seemed sleepy.

"g...good morning." She mumbled before turning her attention back to what she was doing.

"You made pan cakes?" he asked happily peeking into the pan like an excited little boy.

Sunmi chuckled and nodded. "And I burned my poor finger!" she held her pinkie finger up with a pout.

"That's because you are so ..."

"I am not stupid dwarf! Shut it!!!!" she cut him off before he can even finish his sentence.

"I was going to say careless but I guess you believe in your stupidity even more than me." Chan teased before grabbing the plate that sunmi has put the pan cakes on and moving it to the table.

Sunmi placed the pan in the sink and muttered:" by the way I turned my phone off...you can have it if you want."

She glanced at Chan for a second before sitting behind the table.

"There is no need..." Chan said briefly and sunmi nodded. They started having their breakfast in complete silence till sunmi decided to break it.

"So what we gonna do today?" she asked eyeing Chan nervously.

"I don't know..." he breathed out. He seemed totally uninterested or somehow sad? Sunmi couldn't pin it out.

She smiled:" well since you have nothing to do you can wash the dishes." She said with a smirk and left the kitchen before he can complain. She grabbed her book from her room and settled on the sofa reading it while hearing Chan groaning like a grandpa in the background. She chuckled because he genuinely seemed annoyed. She knew that out of everything he hates washing the dishes the most and there were a ton of them left unwashed in the kitchen.

She was deeply engulfed in her book by the time Chan came out the kitchen looking like someone whose family just got murdered.

"Let's cancel this week I hate you already." He hissed at sunmi and crashed on the sofa as well.

"You nag too much...just like little girls." Sunmi mumbled carelessly still eyes glued to the book.

"What you reading?" he asked ignoring her remark.

"How to kill a dwarf in seven days." Sunmi exclaimed teasingly.

"Just leave him and he will die on his own."

The teasing smile was wiped from sunmi's lips at once. She gulped holding the inside of her bottom lip between her teeth till she almost felt the familiar metallic taste on her tongue. She had no idea what to say now so she decided to keep on staring at her book.

"Forget I said that and stop pouting! You look like a kicked puppy." He joked dryly. Sunmi pressed her lips on each other before gently hitting him on the chest and turning her back on him.

"I hate you park chanyeol."

"I am already aware of that. No need to make an official statement for It." he exclaimed with a flat tone and then hurriedly added a chuckle at the end of the sentence trying to make it sound less bitter.

Sunmi sighed in defeat because somehow reading his emotions has become such an easy task to her and she didn't like this at all. She rather stay oblivious this time.

"Remember the time we met for the first time?" Chan asked.

Sunmi nodded in silence.

"I wish we had made an official contract and had this huge sums of money as fine...maybe that would change things."

Sunmi let out a brief laugh and muttered. "If a sign on a paper was going to stop people from feeling stuff we didn't have so many failed marriages."

"Let me blame it on something, will you miss smart ?" Chan scoffed and sunmi let out a soft chuckle.

He reached out and put his arms around her all of a sudden pulling her back to his chest. At first she tensed up at the sudden action but then she relaxed and cautiously leaned back to him trying to shove the guilty feelings out of her heart. She wasn't doing anything wrong toward tae.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter