칠십:The smile

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 ~but until you come back to where you belong

it's just another lonely Sunday....~

 

The rushed knocks on the door forced sunmi to crawl out of her comfortable spot and walk out the bedroom. Who could it be? Tae usually didn't have any visitors. She combed her hair using her fingers as an attempt to make herself more presentable before opening the door. Whoever it was hadn't wait in front of the main gate and already has come inside. Maybe they had the key or the passcode because she was sure the main gate was locked.

She opened the door and stared curiously at the middle aged woman who was scanning her with a slight frown.

"Where is the taehyung?" the woman asked boldly.

"Who are you?" sunmi asked feeling offended.

"Are you the new maid?" the woman asked completely ignoring sunmi's question.

Sunmi took a deep breath trying not to get offended, she didn't mind being called a maid but she hated being ignored.

"Excuse me ahjumma! You are the one knocking on my door so I guess I have the privilege of asking questions here." She tried her best not to shut but her voice came out louder than usual any way.

"Your door? This is my son's house." The woman announced irritated. Sunmi's breath hitched in .

"Could it be..." the woman raised one eyebrow observing her closely.

"You can't be that stupid." She scoffed.

"W...what?" sunmi managed to ask.

"You decided to run back to tae. Didn't you?" she asked with a disappointed look but didn't wait for an answer and invited herself in, leaving a shell shocked sunmi at the door.

"Come inside girl. We have a lot to catch." Sunmi heard her shouting from the living room. She gulped and closed the door, joining Tae's mom in the main hall. The woman was already comfortably seated on one of the couches and was taking her coat off.

"Do you want me to bring anything for you? Coffee? Tea?" sunmi tried her best not to stutter.

The woman scoffed. "No need for such acting child. Just sit down."

Sunmi bit her bottom lip before nervously settling down on the nearest spot.

"What the hell are you doing here girl? Aren't you married?" she suddenly asked.

Sunmi just managed to stare back at her surprised.

"why can't you just leave him alone? He was doing well, in fact great before you showed up again giving him false hope. He could be owning the largest range of hotels in Korea but now all he has is a stinky little restaurant! All this for the sake of a stupid girl."

Sunmi couldn't believe her ears. Stinky little restaurant? That place was huge and what else Tae could ask for?

"Excuse me but who are you to judge me? You have no right! Where were you when your son had no place to live and was almost kicked out of his place? When he had to work on part time jobs one after another? I was there with him, his friends were there with him but you were nowhere to be found although you lived in the same city as him. Now I understand why he didn't tell me about you being back in his life, if he was happy he would have told me." sunmi blurted out not being able to control her anger anymore.

"That's none of your business. I did what was best for him. He learned the ways of life because of me and you must be stupid to think you can keep him. His wife..."

"You mean ex-wife!" sunmi cut her off fast.

"Whatever! His wife won't let that happen. Tae still needs her and she is helping him. You think how long it would take before she gets him back?"

Sunmi tried not to let her fear and frustration reach her eyes and expression. She smiled sweetly at Tae's mom and said:" I don't need to worry about that cause whatever he has done has always been for me." she stood up from her place and added:" I am sorry but I have things to do. You can wait here for your son or leave, the choice is yours." She speed walked to the bedroom and closed the door fast leaning to it.

She thought that girl is gone for good. But it seemed like she is still a part of his life. She sighed walking to the bed and sitting on the edge of it.

Till when just till when she had to deal with this nonsense. She wished she could make him leave everything behind and just go away with her. To somewhere else. Somewhere which didn't carry the memories of their hurtful past.

************

She felt a hand going gently through her hair before she was fully awake by the gesture.

"You up." Tae murmured as he placed a soft kiss on her forehead.

"When did you come back?" she asked rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand. "Just now." Tae said with a chuckle looking at her sleepy face.

"Why were you sleeping?" he asked while taking his coat off and loosening his tie.

"I was bored...and had a headache." She answered truthfully.

"Headache? Why?" he asked knitting his eyebrows.

Sunmi we

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter