육십칠: small happiness

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

~The dream is gone i have become comfortably numb~

🌟Chanyeol POV🌟

🌟PRESENT DAY🌟

I smiled at her without realizing and said:" It's ok! Don't worry."

She nodded grinning. I wanted to tell her how happy she has made me tonight that kayoung grabbed my arm again and pulled me toward herself and muttered:" gawd oppa how many times do i have to tell you? Don't be so obvious, you are ruining my efforts."

I sighed:" i don't think she is being jealous, we just made her sad and now she thinks she has ruined my stupid birthday. Why would she be jealous? She is back with taehyung and doesn't give a about what I'm doing."

She smirked at me slyly and i rolled my eyes:" don't give me that 'I'm a girl so i know better' again."

Kayoung shrugged: "whatever! I still know better. People only know what they want when they lose it! Everyone knows that."

"How many times do i have to tell you,mind your own relationship. Your boyfriend hates my guts. If he realizes you are here with me again acting like we are dating he might probably murder me."

Kayoung shook her head. "No he won't! I told him how you encouraged me to give him a chance and now he thinks of you as his hyung."

"Heol!" That was all i could say and she started laughing.
"But i have to leave soon...pretend that you wanna give me a ride and i am refusing."

I blinked dumbfounded and kayoung sighed in defeat. "Helping you is so hard oppa..."
I glared at her and hissed:" i never asked for help. It's useless!"

"It's better than sitting on your daydreaming about what ifs!" She fired back at me with the same intensity. That was what i liked the most about her personality. She seemed shallow and childish to everyone but when you got to know her you realized how mature and smart she is. But still she lived carefree. A mixture that i didn't know how she manages to pull.

"It's okay oppa i will get a cab, stop worrying about me i won't get kidnapped." Kayoung suddenly announced, loud and clear for everyone to hear. I just gave her a blank annoyed look but instead she leaned and kissed me on the cheek and said:" sorry that i have to leave soon. I promise to make up for you next time we meet." She added again somehow broadcasting it and winked at me suggestively like i have any ideas about how she is going to make up to me.

"Sunmi unnie thanks for throwing my oppa a birthday party!" She told sunmi in a way as if she was the one who was supposed to do that and i saw how sunmi's face flashed with a hint of anger but as always she managed to smile and nod.
"Take care on the way. Sorry that i didn't ask you to help. I work better alone. Nothing personal. I didn't ask Seoyon or anyone else to help either. I'm sure next year you be able to throw him a birthday party on your own."

Sunmi's last sentence caused a shiver go down my spine reminding me that next year in such a day i might not even have her around. Kayoung noticed my gloomy expression and gave me a sad smile before leaving the room.

Soon the two girls who came with kookie and jimin also left. Sunmi was silently packing the rest of the cake and my gifts for me. Jimin sat next to her and whispered something in her ears. She chuckled faintly and shook her head as a no.

"Sure?" Jimin asked this time not whispering.

"Yeah baby sure and don't go goofing around just get back home. Your mom can't stop begging me to make you finally get your life together... "

Jimin tsked and stood up.
"I'm gone. Take care hyung."

I smiled at him and he walked to the door.

"Yaaah you better get your back home, i will call your mom!" Sunmi threatened.

"I AM NOT A KID!" jimin yelled back.

"YOU ARE TO ME SO SHUT UP AND GO HOME!" sunmi shouted at him with a dangerous tone and to my surprise jimin kinda got scared and mumbled. "Ok i will...don't shout like that."

"That's my baby, i will call you later." Sunmi said this time smiling sweetly.

"You are scary woman..." jimin sighed before leaving the room.

I stare at sunmi who seems overly busy with just a few boxes and can't take my gaze back. In all of my life no one has ever done such a thing for me. It's not that i wanted to believe birthdays are not important, but since no one in my family ever cared about them i came to believe that maybe they are not that important. I sometimes even though how stupid of people to celebrate them. But now thanks to her i knew it's not about the day but about the feelings that come with it. She was the first one that thanked me for being born and those gifts and all this trouble she went through for the sake of making me happy made me wish to have her around next year as well. That was the first wish i ever made while blowing the first candles of my life. Although the whole thing seemed childish to me thanks to the ideas that were fixed deep in my head i still did it. Cause if one stupid wish was going to add 1% to the chances of her staying i wouldn't waste it.

"Sunmi..." i called out wanting to tell her finally how I'm feeling but as soon as i called her name she stood up from her place abruptly and said:" i guess we can leave now." I blinked in confusion but nodded anyway before grabbing the plastic bags.

She walked out the door with steps which were definitely fast for her high heels and tripped twice causing my heart to jump in my chest alongside my body to catch her before she falls. But she managed to stand straight before mumbling something which sounded like 'god damn heels' to me. We left the place and both got in the car. The ride back home was going too silent to my liking. I guess kayoung really went overboard with her teasing.
She was not jealous she was just offended. Who wouldn't? Kayoung practically made fun of the cake she made and about every single thing.
I decided not to break the silence till we get back home and i managed to do that.

She got out the car as soon as i stopped it and was already inside the building when i locked the car.

I followed her in silence as she pressed the passcode in and went inside. She took her heels off as soon as we got in with a groan.

"I will warm up the soup! Go change and then let's eat some." She smiled faintly at me and i nodded.

We both went to our separate rooms and i placed the plastic bags down before changing into a sweat pant and a t-shirts.

When i went to the kitchen she was already there also changed. She was standing in front of the stove staring at the pot thought fully with a pout on her lips.
My breath almost hitched in my throat because it was like she was asking to be back hugged. I tried to push the thought away but before i know i was there doing it.

She trembled outright at my sudden action trying to move away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter