오십삼: the promise

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
                                                                                                     

~i wish i knew how to quit you...~

♥Sunmi pov♥
♥Flash back♥

The restlessness inside me only ceased when I finally reached Taehyung's door. I gave myself a minute to catch my breath before I started banging my palm on the surface of the door impatiently. Just come out already and hug me...come on...come on. I missed him so much it was indescribable.

I wanted to feel his warmth around me and have his scent lingering on me.

But no one opened the door. I ran my hand through my messy hair frustrated. Where are you damn it?

I stood there like 15 minutes thinking what I should do, since I didn't have a phone while my gaze was glued to the place that connected the stairs to the floor hoping he would show up. Then I gave up and decided to go ask jimin.

I started running again to his house this time. The door was opened fast after a few impatient knocks on it from me.

"Sunmiyaaaa!" her mom chanted with a kind smile.

"Anniyonghaseyo Mrs. Park...is jimin home?" I asked politely.

"Yes dear...come on in. I will let him know you here."

"No its ok...I'm kinda in a hurry. Can you ask him come out?" I said pleadingly.

"yeah sure...wait a sec."

I watched her walk back inside and started playing with my finger and patting my foot on the ground.

"SUNMI!" I heard jimin exclaim shocked before I was pulled into a suffocating hug.

"Let go you jamless goat!" I couldn't help but to chuckle. i missed him lots too.

He tugged my hair mercilessly all of a sudden and said:" where have you been ?"

"It's not the time for that! I will tell you...later! I will tell you first but later...!" I added the last part because I knew recently he has started to feel left out because we all are couples.

He grinned cutely and said:" okay..."

"Where is taehyung?" I asked.

"Oh no..."

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN OH NO?" I yelled at him and he jolted.

"Go ask Seoyon or kooks! I am not gonna get my kicked again! Cause you know my is precious! It has fans and I can't...."

"Oh shut up!" I said before I grabbed the front of his shirt and pulled him to myself. "You tell me where your friend is right now or I swear to god I will kick your precious all the way to japan personally!"

He sighed and moved back suddenly looking all tense and serious which caused my heart to sink.

"What is it chim? Tell me."

He blinked a few times trying to avoid my glance, then he ran his hand through his hair, biting his lips. Whatever he was doing was giving me more reasons to freak out.

"chim..."

"He is in the hospital..." he finally said.

It was like the ground under my feet suddenly disappeared or something because I almost fell on my back before jimin grabbed my arm.

"is...is he ok?" I breathed out.

"yeah he is ...so stupid of me not to say that first knowing what a cry baby you are!" jimin sighed out as he tapped my back gently.

"What happened?" I asked.

"I shouldn't be telling you any of this sunmi...he will be mad at me. Please..."

"Please at least you of all people stop hiding from me.... you know what hell I have been through these past days? Not knowing what the hell he is up to and having no way to find out?"

Jimin rolled his eyes before he sat on the stone stair in front of their porch.

"He did some with that café owner dude...believe me I tried to make him stop but he wouldn't listen. The guy told him it's easy money so he accepted, he had to just deliver some stuff for them...you know what stuff I mean...but then some got lost and they blamed it on him and then he calls me all bitten up...so kookie and I took him to the hospital and he made us promise not to tell you anything..." jimin finished with a low groan remembering his promise again.

"Is it bad? Is he ok?" I said my tears already running down my cheeks.

"Well he got lucky...they stabbed him...once...it almost grazed his kidney but he got lucky..." jimin somehow whispered like he is not able to say that stuff out loud.

My knees finally gave out and I landed next to jimin on the stair my breath hitching.

Jimin put his arm around me without a word. "He is okay Mimi...don't cry you idiot."

"I have to meet him now!" I said firmly as I wiped my tears and managed to get over my shaky legs so I can stand up.

Jimin looked up at me with worried eyes. "But he doesn't..."

"I don't ing care what he said! Take me there NOW!"

Jimin sighed in defeat. "Okay wait a sec till I get my stuff." Then he ran inside and came out after a few minutes holding his wallet and phone.

The taxi ride to the hospital

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter