오십구: closer to you

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

✘Author POV✘
✘PRESENT DAY✘

Sunmi laid down on the sofa with a sigh after she managed to clean the kitchen without making any sound. Tae was in his room and didn't seem to have any plan of coming out. What was the point of making her stay? She held the fluffy cushion to her chest and pressed her eyelids on each other. She had texted Chan about not coming back tonight but didn't get any replies. She wasn't asking for one anyway. It would make her only more embarrassed. It took her another fifteen minutes of thinking before she was almost drifting away into sleep. But then she heard the door opening which caused her eyes to snap open. Although it was dark in the living room but she managed to see the figure of taehyung walking to her. She closed her eyes fast as she held the inside of her lip between her teeth.

Taehyung stopped next to the sofa for a few seconds before felt a pair of arms going under her body to lift her up. She almost gasped as he took her up bridal style and walked back to the room. Sunmi tried her best to act asleep but as the door was closed behind their back tae almost loosened his grip on her in a threatening way and sunmi who felt like she would fall flat on her any second ended up grabbing his shirt unconsciously. Tae pulled her more to his chest and Sunmi didn't have to see his face in the dark to know he is smirking. He did that on purpose. Tae placed her on the bed without a word and sunmi moved to her side and buried her face on the pillow her back facing him. It smelled just like him.

She felt the other side of the bed moving and realized he had laid down too.

It was just like before when they fought and she had no place to go and he would take advantage of that. That's why none of their fights lasted more than a day and sunmi would end up just giving up. She tried to fall asleep again but soon a pair of arms went around her waist and she was pulled back. She tried to free herself but he didn't let it and easily turned her around so they would be facing. They stared at each other in the faint light which was coming from the night stand for a few seconds before tae's gaze moved to her lips and once more before she could make sense or protest he pressed his lips on hers harshly.

Here we go again...she thought to herself. Why can't you just for once stand your ground? With that thought she almost tried to push him back but he didn't even bother as he got on top of her. By now the kiss was even deeper and sunmi didn't even remember when she gave him the permission to invade and she was already kissing back. She was too much of a wimp in his presence to fight back more. So when his lips trailed down her neck again, this time obviously leaving marks she didn't stop him.

You got it your way again...you always do...i hate you for that.

******

When she woke up next morning tae was already gone. She sat on the bed hugging her knees for god knows how much time. The only feeling that made sense inside her head was the feeling of wanting to run away. She was with taehyung but still she was not with him. It was like now there was a barrier in her heart which didn't let her to openly love him anymore. She was tired of all of it. Of the fact that one part of her was badly craving love while the other parts were scared of letting anyone in again. How badly she wished none of this have happened. She would give anything to get her trusting-self back. But it was impossible and she knew it. And no one would ever get that. Every single day at least one of her friends were asking her whether she is loving tae again or not and all she could say was she doesn't know. She was so used to loving him that didn't know how not loving him feels like. All this time that he was gone she kept repeating to herself that she doesn't love him anymore but it was like loving him has become a permanent part of her that she couldn't throw away. She peeled herself off the bed and walked to the bathroom with a sigh.

She had to go to the café today after she goes back home to grab some stuff and change but first she needed a shower. She stood in front of the mirror and then her eyes widened. She gasped loudly as she traced her fingers over the skin of her neck. Marks everywhere. And in such an obvious way that it was like they were screaming 'look at us.' She wanted to scream in frustration.

"I belong to no one...a mark on my neck doesn't change anything tae." She murmured to herself before she silently striped out her clothes to take a shower.
********

She closed the door behind her back and walked quietly inside the already quiet house trying not to disturb the peace for no reason. She pulled her purse down her shoulder ready to throw it on the sofa but stopped when she noticed sofa is already occupied. Chan was sleeping on it his back facing her and his laptop and work sheets were scattered all over the coffee table. She thanked God that she didn't make any sound coming in and tiptoed to her room. She placed her purse on the bed fast and changed in the speed of light before grabbing her Concealer and standing in front of the mirror. It took her a good 20 minutes to cover her neck. Although they didn't disappear completely but now they wouldn't be seen until someone looks closely. She moved her head to different sides so she can get view of her neck in different lightings and finally left the room.

Chan was still soundly sleeping now facing the ceiling his mouth half open like a stupid child. Sunmi chuckled inside as she made her way to the kitchen wondering why he hasn't gone to office. She got herself busy making some pancakes. She wasn't hungry but wanted to pay Chan back for making her soup the other day. She placed the fresh pancakes on a plate and put them on the counter. Then turned around to find sticky notes to leave Chan a message but gasped when she found him standing at the entrance of the kitchen watching her.

She closed her eyes putting her palm on her chest.
"Damn chan...i just lost two years of my life."

"What are you doing?" He asked taking his gaze away from sunmi.

"Making pancakes." She answered with a smile.

"For who?" Chan asked as he opened the refrigerator and grabbed a bottle of water. Sunmi gulped looking at him. Something was strange.

"For

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter