사십구: not you but someone else

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

little do you know,
how I'm breaking
while you fall asleep.
~
little do you know
I'm still haunted by the memories.
~
little do you know i'm trying to pick
myself up piece by piece.

💜Sunmi pov💜

🔯Present day🔯

I jumped out the car as soon as Chan stopped it and ran into the hospital my heart beating fast. I just became an aunt. I couldn't believe this! I hope after this my mom starts treating my sister like her daughter again.
"Lee eunmi!" I reported to the reception while moving my body back and forth anxiously.

"Gawd you run faster than a tiger girl!" Chan exclaimed as he joined me.
I chuckled looking at him who was panting and said:" you didn't have to run after me you know! "

"I thought you might fall down or something!" He retorted still trying to catch his breath.

"Room 113!" As soon as the words left the nurse's mouth i started running again earning an annoyed sigh from Chan.
We both reached the room and i knocked just once before barging in.
My sister was sitting on the bed with my brother in law sitting next to her both staring at the little thing in her embrace.
My eyes got full of tears at once.

"Eonniiiiii!" I whined as i walked to them.

They both turned to me. I hugged my sister and then her husband. He ruffled my hair and said:" aigooo look at my dongsaeng! Why you panting!?Did you run all the way to meet me!?"I just LOVED my brother in law. He was the kindest sweetest person alive.

"Opppaaaahhh!" I made a fake cute annoyed noise as i hugged him again.

"I can't believe this little brat is already married!" He chuckled as he patted my head.

"Move away i wanna meet the angel!" I pushed him away with a frown and he muttered:" ungrateful kid!"

I sat next to my sister and she smiled softly at me...she seemed tired. The baby was already sleeping. She seemed like a little angel for real. I couldn't stop my tears. I heard Chan greeting my brother in law and congratulating him.
Since they were busy talking i found my chance.

"Where is mom?" I asked in a law voice.

"She was just here...left a few seconds ago."

"Left???? Why??" I asked with a disappointed tone.

"Calm down sunmi...i needed some stuff she went to grab them for me. As soon as she laid eyes on this angel her attitude changed totally. "Eunmi insured me with a smile.

I took a breath of relief. My mom and sister getting along again was one of my wishes.

"Can i hold her?" I asked with a pout.

"Yeah but be careful" i nodded as i nervously held the little thing.

"Chan come see her! She looks like a little chipmunk!" Chan stood next to me and he gently ran his finger on her cheek poking it. then he moved it away fast.

"She is so soft!" He exclaimed with widened eyes.

"Well no Sherlock she is a baby. they all are soft!" I said with a chuckle.

"Yaaaa i never had any experience with babies!"

We heard a knock on the door and we all turned.

And the last person i wanted to meet walked in. My dad, the guy who didn't even attend my wedding... i frowned at once. Although i haven't met him for over a year i didn't miss him at all.

Kyung my brother in law bowed politely at him greeting him and Chan did the same.

I placed the baby in my sister's arms and muttered. " i guess i better go..."

"Sunmi..." she pleaded with her eyes.

"I'm sorry eonni..." i sighed before leaving the room not granting him a single glance. He didn't even try to stop me or anything. My eyes got teary as i started walking down the corridor with short steps waiting for chan.
After a few seconds he came running.

"You ok?" He asked as soon as he reached me.

"Yeah..." i lied staring at my feet as we left the hospital. A good day just got ruined for me thanks to my so called father.

We got in the car in silence and chan started driving...

"Wanna go have dinner?" He asked cautiously as he looked at me from the side of his eyes.

"I...i donno..." i said as i secretly wiped the tear at the brim of my eye.

"Wait a second... are you crying???" He asked concern apparent in his voice.

I didn't answer cause i knew my voice would come out shaky.

He drove the car to the side of the road and stopped.

"Why did you stop?" I asked trying my best not to seem obvious about being sad.

"Sunmi...avoiding him won't help..." he said softly.

My eyes widened slightly and i turned to him.

"You have to forgive him and move on!" He added.

"W..what?" I breathed out.

"He is your dad after all!"

"No! He is the guy who never took my back and let me suffer alone and then left when i needed him the most!" I exclaimed tears threatening to fall any second.

"I know but..."

"No you don't know... don't take his side! Why are you defending him!??? You should believe me! You should be on my side! Don't tell me i should forgive him...i know i am not such a good person...i don't have a forgiving heart...but can't you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter