육십오: i hope you are happy

Me Before You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

~when i look back at us
there is nothing left to see
it's like you took all of me
and then gave it away for free~

long chapter and last one of the flashbacks

💢flashback💢

Taehyung grabbed the hand that was s around his waist and carefully freed himself. He slowly got out the bed giving the sleeping girl a short glance to make sure she is not awake.He moved away from the bed and stood in front of the huge glass wall staring outside. Sun was slowly rising making a spectacular view in front of his eyes but for him who hasn't fall asleep the whole night, the only thing that came to mind was the annoying brightness which was hurting his eyes.He heaved a heavy breath as he ran his hand through his hair and walked away from the wall to take a shower. He stripped out of his clothes and stood under the water and let the warm droplets engulf his body. He stood there silently for almost fifteen minutes and tried to ignore the fact that some of the drops on his face are not actually water drops. He would never admit that he is crying.
It has been almost nine days that he hasn't seen her or heard her voice or felt her comforting warmth. She was somewhere cursing his name while he was on a trip with a girl he barely cared about playing house.

Priorities Kim Taehyung! He reminded himself. She might love you now but one day she will regret loving someone as useless as you...you will win her back. Only this time you will make her happy for real. You will give her whatever she asks for and have her family's acceptance. And then no one will be able to take her from you ever again.He repeated the sentences he has been repeating on and on in the past days once more. Before walking out the shower and putting a towel on. He walked inside the room and to his delight she was still sleeping. He opened the closet and looked at all of the designer clothes that miyong has bought for him.

He growled internally cause all of this only made him feel like a cheap object which can easily be bought... he was one anyway. He pushed the thought away cause as always he believed when it comes to money you shouldn't let your pride get in the way. But still he ignored the fancy clothes and picked one of his own shirts and sweat pants which still smelled like sunmi's favorite softener. He put them on and grabbed his phone. He needed to get out of here because the fancy room was actually suffocating him. He closed the door behind his back and walked into the huge living room and next he was out of miyong's huge mansion in jeju.

He still couldn't get why the world has to be so unfair? Miyong was the lone heir to a range of hotels. Her parents both were dead. She had no siblings. All she had to do was just spend the money that was directed to her countless bank accounts while others managed the business.
She was spoiled to the core and Tae could swear he has never seen someone so selfish his whole life. Someone could die in front of her out of hunger and she wouldn't give a damn. But somehow he has managed to have her in control. First time when one of the club owners he used to know told him about her, he never thought she would fall that easily but somehow she did and before he knew he was in too deep. At first he just wanted to use her for a while cause she had connection and a fortune but later when he realized she is into him for real, he changed his plans. Maybe she was his key to a better life after all.
Before he didn't want so much. As long as he didn't have to work his off it was enough but now he wanted to make someone happy and he believed this is the way, he couldn't rely only on love to keep her happy. He never wanted her to regret staying with him and above anything he wanted her family's approval. Since the day that her mom came to visit him something inside him changed. The woman seemed so confident about the fact that he can never make her daughter truly happy and he took that as a challenge. Just wait and see...he thought to himself walking away from the mansion.He brought his phone out hoping to see any sign from his friends but they have stopped contacting him after a few unreplied messages.

He knew he is being selfish but still he wished to hear from them...or maybe hear about sunmi from them. He started checking jimin's SNS and his heart almost skipped the beat seeing his last feed. It was a group pic in front of jungkook's family mansion and the location was jeju. He stared for a whole two minutes at sunmi in the picture. She was smiling faintly leaning to kookie as Seoyon had her hand around her waist and jimin was holding the camera. The yearning feeling inside him only increased seeing the picture."They are here..." he whispered to himself.
She doesn't want to see you! The voice inside his head claimed.

"She doesn't have to see me." He muttered before running back to the mansion to grab the car keys. He just wanted to get a glance of her.
Before he knew he was driving to kookie's family mansion full speed. He has been there twice before so he already know the location. It was early in the morning. The chances of him seeing her were close to zero but still he wanted to test his luck. He parked the car a few meters away from the gate and leaned his head back. From here he could see the entrance of the mansion easily. He brought his phone out and texted miyong saying he is meeting a friend and be back soon and then stared at the entrance without blinking. He remained in his place for God knows how long till he saw the gate open. He sat straight his heart pounding hardly in his chest. And there she was.
He sighed with a small smile. It was always like this. Even before when he just has got to know her,they would run into each other in the most unlikely time and places.And now she had to leave the house so early in the morning so he can see her. She closed the gate and put a hoodie she was holding on before putting a pair of headphones on which even from this distance Tae was sure they belong to kookie.She started walking in the opposite direction not even giving a single glance to the car parked meters away. At first Tae decided that's enough but he knew it was not enough at all so he got out the car and locked it and then started going after her.

Sunmi kept on walking and walking. To Taehyung it seemed like she will never stop. But he didn't mind. It was the closest he had managed to be to her recently so he didn't mind even a little bit. She was so lost in her thoughts and didn't even notice how far she has gone and also didn't notice that someone is silently following her. Tae was starting to force himself to get back that all of a sudden she stopped and decided to turn back. It was so sudden that Tae couldn't even think of hiding himself. he stayed frozen at his spot with her eyes on him in shock. She was so motionless as if she has stopped breathing.Tae not bearing the look in her eyes. Stared at his feet. Almost two minutes went on without any of them breathing a word.

"What are you doing here?"

Sunmi asked flatly. To be fair she already knew the answer. She knew he is not here for her and she also could easily guess whom he might be here with. It was obvious to her that answering such a question can be a real struggle to him but she didn't mind. She wanted to see him suffer for even a single moment maybe that would make her feel a little better.A short sigh left Tae's lips. He looked at sunmi which was standing there with an over the top smile dancing on her lips. As if she is trying hard to say i am ok.

"Trip... "

He finally breathed out briefly.She nodded.

"Woow cool! I hope you have fun."
With that she started walking away. But he couldn't let that happen. Maybe this was the last time he got to be alone with her for a long while. He grabbed her wrist but she freed it at once without even glancing at him and continued walking as if nothing just happened.He stood at his place for a few seconds trying to stop himself but didn't succeed, so he ran after her and put his arms around her small figure pressing his chest to her back.

"Please....just for a few moments... "He pleaded not caring about sounding weak and desperate.

She stood motionless letting h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter