The Fear of Losing

Our Little Star

Kyuhyun opens his eyes slowly and tries to sit with his back is supported by the wall as his body feels weak and his head is throbbing in pain . His eyes wander around the small room as he searching if there is someone else other than him . He is only accompanied with a dim light above his head . The fear starts to fill in when he knows he's alone in that room . He hates the feeling of loneliness .

" Where am I ?" Kyuhyun mutters himself before he realises both his hands is tied at his back and also his legs . The sudden memories flash into his mind makes Kyuhyun shivers because of fear as he already aware his situation .

" Appa...help me ...Hyungs.." Kyuhyun mutters . His movement is limited as he's being tied up tightly . He doesn't know how long he's been here since he was unconscious all the time they brought him to this place . It must be because of the chloroform effect .

Kyuhyun drags himself to the corner of the room and make his body as small as possible . It is not long after he wake up , the door is suddenly opened from outside revealing two figures walking into the room . He cannot see the persons clearly since the room is not that bright until one of them stands under the light . Kyuhyun's eyes widen as soon as he recognizes the face .

" Aunty....Hye..Hyerin ?" Kyuhyun stutters in shock . He looks at Hyerin and sees nothing but hatred and grudge in her eyes .

" You wake up , dear ... I thought you want to sleep forever ?" says Hyerin softly while caressing Kyuhyun's pale face . Her voice is enough to make Kyuhyun shivers until his spines . He flinches at every Hyerin's touch .

" Why you don't want to look at me ? I'm your mother too.." says Hyerin again when Kyuhyun looks down to the floor not looking at her .

" You...you..are.not my mother ." says Kyuhyun bravely as he looks into the woman eyes after she said those word . Kyuhyun sudden boldness makes Hyerin changes her behaviour and slaps Kyuhyun harshly until the boy's head slamps on the hard floor . Kyuhyun lets out whimper of pain and tears starts to flow out from his eyes when she does that . He closes his eyes for a while to make the pain subsides and also because he doesn't dare to face the furious Hyerin .

Jaemin only stands there looking at Hyerin cruelty action towards the innocent boy . Honestly , he doesn't really agree for Hyerin plans to kidnap the boy since he thought Hyerin only wants to take a revenge on her husband . Though he had killed a few of people before but deep in his heart , there is kindness and sympathy when it comes to a kid or woman . The death of Kang Min Ah really hunts him for these all these years as he didn't really want to kill her . He had to do it only because of Hyerin . That woman still doesn't realise everything he does is all for her including this kidnapping plan . All these past seventeen years since he knows Hyerin , he only wants to be at her side and willingly to do all of her evil plan .

" I dare you to say that again...say it again !!! You idiot !" Hyerin shouts while grabbing Kyuhyun's face that already drenches with tears .

Kyuhyun still crying and keep his eyes shut . His heart and mind already shout for his father and brothers . Before he can say anything again , he feels another pain on his stomach when Hyerin kicks him mercilessly .

" Hyerin-shi ! Stop it ! He'll die if you continue like this ! " shouts Jaemin while holding Hyerin back before she can lands another kick on the boy stomach .

" Let me go ! This boy really need some lesson..." Hyerin struggles in Jaemin's grip before she shouts in frustration that makes Jaemin let go of her .

Hyerin walks towards the door after she calm down and fixing her hairs . " Make sure he's not dead...I still need him to fulfill my revenge . That was just a little ." she says with a smirks before she leaves Jaemin with the weak boy in the room .

Jaemin sighs after he make sure Hyerin is left then he looks at the boy who his eyes still shut and lying weakly on the floor . He cannot help but carreses the boy hair gently and stares at the boy with pity eyes .

Kyuhyun opens his eyes weakly when he feels someone touches his head . He knows Hyerin already gone from the room when he heard the door slamped earlier . 

" Are you hurt ?" asks Jaemin softly when the boy manage to look at him .

Kyuhyun nods slowly and tears begin to flow out again as he remembers Hyerin cruel action to him . ' Why she hates me too much ?' Kyuhyun says in his mind .

" I'm sorry kid...." says Jaemin while checking the boy's face . There's bruise on Kyuhyun cheeks and blood at the corner of his lips . He wipes the blood before he lifts the boy's shirt to check on Kyuhyun's stomach where Hyerin kicked him earlier . He can see the red mark on the stomach then he places the ointment his .

" Ahjusshi...why did you help me when you supposed to be on aunty's side ?" asks Kyuhyun as he bewildered with Jaemin kindness . He only stares at man's doing in helping his cut and pain stomach .

Jaemin stops his doing when he hears the question . It's indeed an innocent question from the innocent boy like Kyuhyun ." Because.......you don't deserve this kind of treatment . She's just......blinded with greed and ...grudge ." replies Jaemin though he knows Kyuhyun may not understand his answers judging by the looks Kyuhyun gives to him .' You're indeed a good and beautiful boy , Kyuhyun . Too bad she wants to hurt you , why she doesn't just accept you as her son ?' Jaemin asks in his mind .

When he's done attending Kyuhyun's injury , he stands up and begins to walk away from the lying boy . But the, he stops when Kyuhyun suddenly asks him a question again .

" Then , can you help me to let me go ?" Kyuhyun asks half pleading . If only Jaemin turns his face at Kyuhyun , he will see the pleading teary eyes Kyuhyun gives to him .

" I'm sorry....but I can't . Just pray you will be save soon by your family ." answers Jaemin before he walk out the room and close the door leaving the devastated and broken boy alone in the room .

 

 

The Kim Mansion is tensed and sorrow since the incident of Kyuhyun's kidnapping three hours ago . Leeteuk and Hankyung is still out looking for Kyuhyun at any possible places . Meanwhile , Yesung and Kangin are waiting at the mansion with Kyuhyun's grandmother who have arrived an hour ago after she recieved the news from the boys . They are anticipating any call from the kidnapper who may be ask for ransom to release their brother . Heechul is in the guest room helping Yunho for his injuries and taking care of Changmin since the boy has fainted for the second times as he was histeric when he remembers his bestfriend was kidnapped in front of his eyes .

Shindong and Sungmin become the pillar for the middle brothers and the two youngest as they do not want to add the burden on their brothers' shoulder . Donghae and Eunhyuk are barely coping with the news as they still crying in the room .  Siwon is there with the twins as Sungmin asks him to watch out for the crying twins especially Donghae . As for Ryeowook , he's busying himself with cooking something for the others in the kitchen to divert his mind from thinking too much about Kyuhyun . He keeps praying and hoping his only little brother will be fine . Shindong and Sungmin are more worry about Kibum as the boy only remains silent since earlier . They do not how Kibum feels since the boy only stares at nothing when Shindong ask him . Though they know it is Kibum's nature to be the silent type but they cannot help to feel unease at the boy's attitude . The said boy stays in Kyuhyun's room and play with Kyuhyun's game to distract his mind . 

There's still no news about Kyuhyun until the night comes and they are entering the fourth hours of waiting . Leeteuk and Hankyung has come back and Jiwon also is there . Jiwon and the other two , Taecyeon and Minjun rushed to Seoul as soon as they heard the news . Jiwon's heart stopped for a while when he recieved the news from Leeteuk .

Jiwon thought everything will be over once he found the way to make Hyerin admit her crimes after he managed to recieve help from Tak Jae Hoon, , earlier in Mokpo . He was ready to return to Seoul with an ease heart until he recieved the news about Kyuhyun .

 

Flashback

" Jae Hoon-shi ." says Jiwon in shock when he sees the man condition .

The man is full of bruises on his face with his arm in cast and looks so weak . Jiwon immediately rushes to the man's side to assist him . He walks inside the house with Jae Hoon followed by Taecyeon and Minjun .

" What happened to you ?" Jiwon asks after he take a seat .

" She knows you will find me ." says Jae Hoon instead of answering his question .

Jiwon doesn't need to ask Jae Hoon to explain more as he understood his words . He changes the glance with Taecyeon and Minjun before he looks at the injured man back . He should have know this coming and Hyerin would not stay still if she knows everything . 

" She sent her men to you ?" Jiwon asks to reassure .

" I don't think so ...but one of her man from before came here by himself and on his own will . And yeah...he beat me up and said he had to do this ." explains Jae Hoon . Her wife who sits beside him help him to get the coffee for him .

" Who is that man , Jae Hoon-shi ?" asks Taecyeon .

" He is Hyerin-shi right man . He was the one who work for her and did everything that Hyerin told him ." says Jae Hoon .

Jiwon sighs ." Jae Hoon-shi..now that I know everything . Can you help me to get the justice for my late wife ?Only you can help me with this ." Jiwon looks pleadingly to Jae Hoon .

" But , sir....what will happen to my husband ? Will you charge him too ? Sir...please don't arrest him . I know he made a big mistake before but I can't bear to let my husband stay in jail ." Jae Hoon's wife interrupts with a broken voice .

" I'll try my best to help Jae Hoon-shi after this . Don't worry I will prepare the best lawyer for him , Mrs Tak . It's as a sign of my thanks to your husband for helping me . " says Jiwon while smiling reassuringly to Mrs Tak .

" Thank you sir...and I'm sorry for everything I've done in the past . I really didn't mean to do that to her...I was too desperate for money . I'm sorry sir ." Jae Hoon reaches Jiwon right hand and grabs it while crying .

" Everyone make a mistake ....none of this world is perfect . As long as we regret for what we did...and ask for forgiveness...we will live in a happy way and appreciate each other in our life ." says Jiwon while patting the crying man's back .

With that , Jae Hoon agrees to help Jiwon by telling everything to him and he also agrees to go to Seoul with him to solve the case .

 

Jiwon is really happy as he believes everything will be settle then he and Kyuhyun will be happy together . The guilts he always has in his mind and heart will soon leave him when Hyerin out from his life . He has thought of forgiving Hyerin , but after what she did that cause a lot of people hurt because of her he wash away the thought .

They are ready to back to Seoul that evening when suddenly he get a call from Leeteuk . His heart beat strangely fast the moment he looks at caller as if his heart telling something . He breath deeply before he slide the phone to answer the call .

" Teukie.." calls Jiwon .

" Appa.....Kyunie.." Jiwon can hear the shaken in Leeteuk's voice .

" What's wrong with him Teukie ? Is everything alright ?" He abruptly stands up when he knows something bad must have happen .

" He..Kyunie..he get kidnapped ..appa." Jiwon drops his phone on the road  accidently and grabs the car door for his support .

" Sir..! Are you okay ? What happened ?" asks Minjun rushly when he run to Jiwon's side . 

Taecyeon who still helping Jae Hoon in walking immediately walk to them when he sees Jiwon sits in the car with Minjun tries to calming his boss . He takes the phone and check for it . He answers the phone when he notices the caller doesn't end his call yet .

" Hello.." greets Taecyeon .

The next thing he knows is he immediately asks everyone to get into the car . Jiwon still unable to say anything as he still in shock and Minjun drives with full of speed to Seoul . " Sir...we will save Kyuhyun . He will be safe and sound . I'll make sure of that ." says Taecyeon .

 

" Any news about Kyuhyun ?" asks Jiwon as he rushes to the living room .

" Jiwon-ah...our Kyuhyun ." Lady Cho cries in his embrace .

" We will save him ...don't worry mum ." Jiwon hugs his mother back . His eyes focuses on two young men who are also has the same look as him . Leeteuk and Hankyung look very tired since they have look for Kyuhyun for three hours .

" No appa...We're almost went out of the Seoul ....still no trace or anything . I've asks my man to look for the van too ...but still no news since three hours ago ." explains Leeteuk .

Ryeowook and Sungmin hand a cup of coffee for all of them . Not long after that , the others also rush downstairs and waiting patiently with the others . All of them are restless since they haven't heard anything about their brother .

The police already reach their mansion and begin talk to Leeteuk and Jiwon to get the details about Kyuhyun's kidnapping . They have been told to not do anything hastily as it will bring a greater chance for Kyuhyun's to get hurt . The police team has prepared a lot of electonics stuff and gadget to trace Kyuhyun's location if they get a call later .

Since they believes this is all Hyerin's plan , they have to act more rationally as they afraid what that woman will do to Kyuhyun . About thirteen minutes later , Jiwon's phone is ringing . He looks at the phone's screen as the caller uses private number . He is quite frustrated knowing that .

" Sir...since this is private number...it'll be take time for us to trace the call . So , please talk to the caller a little bit longer to give us time to trace the call ." explains one of the police officer .

Jiwon nods before he answers the call . " Hello.." 

" Oppa....how are you ? Do you like my surprise ?" asks the caller . Jiwon knows the voice too well .

" Where's Kyuhyun ? What have you done to my son , Hyerin ? Is it not enough for you to destroy my life for killing Min Ah before ?" Jiwon asks angrily . Leeteuk and Lady Cho tries to calm him as they afraid Hyerin will hurt Kyuhyun .

" Woahhh...so you know oppa ? But I did that to you because I love you oppa . She was the one who stole you from me...I just took back what was mine and made her dissappeared from our life..that's all ." Jiwon can hear clearly the laughing voice . His grips his knuckle tightly as he tries to be patient .

" Stop with all your crap ..Hyerin . Now tell me , where's Kyuhyun ? How could you involve him ?...he's just a kid ." says Jiwon .

" Don't worry...oppa . He saves...well for now... only if you follow everything I say ." says Hyerin .

Jiwon grits his teeth before he looks at the police officer who's telling him to keep on talking with Hyerin ." Alright...just tell me what do you want ."

" I give you one hour to prepare 1 Million USD from you and another 1 Million USD from his brothers . They'll not want to see their brother to get hurt right ? And the most important one , I want you to clear my name from the wanted list . I know money is not a problem for a person like you...but remember this little cutie is still with me...don't you dare to do anything  or call the police or else I will only send his lifeless body to you ." says Hyerin .

Jiwon looks at police officer who already manage to trace the call from Hyerin but he still continue to talk as he wants to listen to Kyuhyun's voice ." I will do that....Hyerin-ah..let me listen to Kyuhyun's voice first ." 

"........" Jiwon becomes anxious when there's no answer from Hyerin . Then he hears the sound of the door opens and he hears Hyerin calling Kyuhyun's name .

" 10 second only ." states Hyerin .

" Appa..." Jiwon's leg wobbles and immediately reaches for support when he listen to Kyuhyun weak voice .Since the phone is turn to loud speaker , the others also can hear clearly to the conversation . Ryeowook already cries in Yesung's arm when he hears the voice .

" Kyu...are you ok ? Did she hurt you ?" asks Jiwon .

" Appa...I miss you...hyungs...I miss them ." Jiwon knows Kyuhyun is crying .

" Don't worry appa will save you...Appa-" his talk is cut of when he hears Hyerin's voice back .

" 10 second is up ....I will send you the address and remember to come alone with Leeteuk only . Bring the money together...don't do anything stupid or else I'll kill him directly . You know I have killed someone right ? So it will be no matter for me to kill another one ." says Hyerin before she ends the call .

Jiwon throws the phone on the floor when Hyerin hangs up . His mind is full of anger towards Hyerin . " How could she do this to me ?!" says Jiwon .

" Appa...calm down ..we will save Kyuhyun ." says Leeteuk .

" We've got the location ...let's follow her plan first . The team will make a move first to the location before two of you reach there . We will start ambush her right after she comes out from the place .

Leeteuk nods at the polices when he listen to the instruction . ' Kyu...don't worry ...hyung and appa will save you .' says Leeteuk in his mind .

 

 

Hyerin smiles satisfiedly when she heard the panic voice from Jiwon earlier . She looks at her watch as it's only thirty minutes more until Jiwon comes . She knows Jiwon will do anything to save his only son . She walks to Kyuhyun who still lying on the cold floor . His face is dirty with some bruise and his body also starts to sore as he's being tied up and unable to move freely . Kyuhyun has no will to talk as his body is getting weaker because he doesn't eat anything since the last one during the outing with Changmin and Yunho .

Hyerin looks at her stepson and smirks before she take out a gun . Kyuhyun flinches when Hyerin plays the gun on his face . He doesn't know how many times he's crying today . Fortunately he still doesn't get asthma attack since he is here .

" Do you miss your mother ?" asks Hyerin before she lets out evil chuckles . 

Kyuhyun keeps his mouth shut and not looking at Hyerin which makes Hyerin forces the boy by grabbing his chin harshly to make Kyuhyun looks at him .

" Why you don't want to look at me ?!" Hyerin hisses . " If you're not appear into our life...you would not be like this . This is all your fault...! You and your mother are no difference !" tells Hyerin . 

Kyuhyun closes his eyes tighty not daring to face Hyerin . Seeing Kyuhyun still hasn't say anything , she lands another slap on the boy's face for only god knows how many times before she is stopped by Jaemin .

" Hyerin-shi ! What are you doing ?! Let the boy go ! ." Jaemin pulls Hyerin then rushes to the boy's side and examines his bleeding face .

" You move aside ! This is between me and him ! " Hyerin makes another attempts to hurt Kyuhyun . The boy is already unconscious in Jaemin arms .

" That's enough Hyerin ! You're too much ! He's just a kid ....How could you hurt him like this ? Are you out of your mind ?!" Jaemin shouts at her and looks at the unconscious boy again .

Hyerin looks at Jaemin with a disbelief look . " Are you kidding me ? Who are you to stop me ?! Jaemin..you better know your place...I paid you to work for me and not to instruct me !" Hyerin shouts before she laughs histerically .

" I don't care about your money Hyerin ! All this time...I'm always with you because I love you ! I'm fine if you're asking me to do all your dirty job ...but it doesn't mean I let you to hurt this boy ! He's your stepson for god sake !" says Jaemin .

" What ?! Don't kidding me .." Hyerin shakes her head as she's trying to absorb Jaemin's words in her mind .

" No ...I'm not . Hyerin-ah....let's stop this . Stop hurting people around you..all of this happened because of yourself Hyerin...your life would have been better if you accepts him to.." says Jaemin and points his finger to Kyuhyun . "This boy is innocent ....Don't hurt him anymore...." Jaemin says softly .

Out of nowhere , Hyerin points out the gun to Jaemin's head . She laughs at everything Jaemin said ." I will never stop . This boy ruined my happiness when he suddenly appeared in our life ...He should die just like his mother ...Jaemin...I can't believe your not on my side . I thought you're always with me . I hate when people betraying me..." says Hyerin before she's ready to shoot Jaemin . She really out of her mind .

Jaemin is too shock with Hyerin sudden action until a weak groan from Kyuhyun realises him . Before Hyerin can pull the trigger , Jaemin jumps onto her after he puts Kyuhyun's head slowly on the floor . He struggles to pull the gun away from Hyerin as she holds the gun strongly . He sometimes eyeing the weak boy who barely opens his eyes then fights with Hyerin . They are so into the fight until a couple of shots are released from the gun . Jiwon pushes Hyerin harshly before he successfully steals the gun from Hyerin . Now the gun has switched the owner . Jaemin points the gun to Hyerin who still sitting the floor .

" It's over Hyerin ! Stop it ." tells Jaemin as he still holds the gun .

Hyerin looks at the man who always be with her for sixteen years . Not even once she ever thought the guy who's standing in front of her will betray her one day . She's too caught up with her emotion as she glares muderously to Jaemin . " What are you waiting for ? Just shoot me ." she dares him . 

Jaemin still hold the gun with his trembling hand . He has his chance to kill Hyerin but something inside him telling him not to do so . He pulls the gun down and looks at Hyerin with sad eyes . He kneels down with tears pour out from his eyes . Suddenly the siren is heard from outside the house . Jaemin knows it is the end for him .

" Let's stop..Hyerin . They are here ....we're over ." says Jaemin when he hears the door is opened from outside with a three police surround them with a gun .

 

 

Jiwon and Leeteuk have arrived ten minutes earlier at the place where Hyerin had sent to him earlier . They wait patiently in front of the house which is small with no lamps brighten up the house . The police team have take their position in surrounding the house . Jiwon cannot wait longer when he hears the shouting voice coming from the house . He almost run into the house when the police leader stop him . He only thinks about Kyuhyun safety now .

" Don't make it worse , sir . We don't know what happen inside the house . Let's wait for the right time ." says the police leader .

" How long sir...another waiting will make a greater chance for Kyuhyun to get hurt ." Leeteuk interrupts . That's when the gunshot is heard from inside the house . Leeteuk's legs weaken when he heard the gunshot . ' Please protect my brother....please .' Leeteuk prays silently .

The police team get into their position ready to take in action . Jiwon is too shocks when he is shoved away by the police leader who's rushing to his car .The police leader takes no time as he immediately turn on the siren .

" Hyerin-shi..you've been surrounded . Put down your gun and come out ." instructs the police leader .

The house becomes quiet after the gunshot . No sounds of shouting is heard and it makes Jiwon and Leeteuk more nervous . The leader instructs his team to ambush the house after a minute . They break the door and rush into the house looking for Hyerin and Kyuhyun . They save their time when the door for the small room is already opened with Jaemin kneeling on the floor with Hyerin .

Hyerin shocks seeing the polices have surround her and Jaemin . She needs to find a way to escape . She has too . That's when she tries to grab the gun beside Jaemin and quickly pull out the trigger before another gunshot is heard . 

Leeteuk and Jiwon run into the house ignoring the shout from the leader who's stopping them from going . They straightly go to where the other polices stands . There is Hyerin lying lifeless on the ground with a pool of blood and Jaemin holds his bloody right leg where Hyerin shoots him . Their eyes quickly focuses to the unmoving figure at the corner of the room behind Jaemin . 

" Kyuhyun !" shouts both Leeteuk and Jiwon .

" Oh my god ...Kyuhyun please wake up son..please . Don't do this to appa ." pleads Jiwon as he continuously slaps the boy's face gently .

" Kyu...we are here..please open your eyes ." says Leeteuk in his cry . His heart shatters in pieces when he sees Kyuhyun's condition .

" Please save him !" Jiwon shouts when there's no movement from the unconscious boy . 

The boy is totally broken . He quickly opens the rope that is tied on Kyuhyun's legs and hands before he brings the boy closer to him . Kyuhyun's face is deathly pale with a dried blood at the corner of his lips . His face is swollen and bruises are everywhere. The bloody red mark is clearly seen on Kyuhyun's wrists .  Leeteuk eyes widen when he notices a blood profusely flow out from Kyuhyun's chest . He realises that Kyuhyun got shot .

It happened when Jaemin and Hyerin fought for the gun earlier and a couple of gunshot is released . They didn't notice one of the bullet had hit Kyuhyun who was still lying weakly at the corner .

" Please move aside sir ." the police leader rushes to them and checks on the unconscious boy . Jiwon and Leeteuk move away from Kyuhyun to let the police check on Kyuhyun . They're pleading continuously to save Kyuhyun .

The leader checks on Kyuhyun pulse to find out the boy still alive or not as Kyuhyun's body starts to cold and more paler . " He's still alive . His pulse is weak . He needs to be bring to the hospital now !" says the leader before he informs one of his team member to call the paramedic team who are already waiting at the outside of the house .

The paramedic team are carefully attend Kyuhyun by putting the breathing mask and put his body on the stretcher . Jiwon and Leeteuk can only watch their Kyuhyun being brought by the paramedic to the ambulance .

" Please save him...don't leave us Kyuhyun ." says Leeteuk in his cry .

 


Done for this chapter <3

Enjoy the reading : )

I'm deeply sorry for not updating last night . I'm quite busy this week ..please bear with me if I can't update this story everyday . I'm so sorry . So , here is a long chapter ... Anyway this story will be end soon . I hope you guys can stay until the end of this story . 

Thank you for everyone who keep reading this story . I really appreaciate it :)