The Lost

Our Little Star

Kyuhyun opens his eyes and find himself lying on a soft grass field . He stands up and look around the scenary . The day is windy and bright with sounds of birds chirping everywhere . He can feel the calmness though he is alone in the wide grass field . Then , suddenly he feels something is playing around his legs . There's a white cute rabbit with a fluffy fur hopping at his legs .

" Hey cutie , what are you doing here ?" Kyuhyun tries to touch the rabbit before the rabbit runs away .

" Where are you going ?" Kyuhyun chases the rabbit until the rabbit lose from his sight . He takes a deep breath after he's running quite far . When he is about to turn around , he notices a woman standing not too far from him and looks at him with a smiles . His lips immediately grow a smiles when he recognize the woman .

" Mother !" Kyuhyun runs to the woman and hugs her tightly . The woman carresses his hair lovingly before he loses his hug .

" Mother , do you know why are we here ?" Kyuhyun asks confusely . He looks at his mother then to himself as he notices they're both wearing a white colour dress and shirt .

" I just want to look at you for the last time my dear ." Mrs.Kim stares at her son softly . Though she is smiling warmly to her son , her eyes shows a different feelings she has now . The sad eyes .

" For the last time ? What do you mean mother ? I don't understand ." Kyuhyun tilts his head cutely . His hands wrap his mother's hands gently .

" Shshh , let's just enjoy the view ." says Mrs Kim before she drags her son with her . 

Kyuhyun just follows his mother obediently with his eyes focusing on her mother who is undeniablely beautiful today in her long white dress . They walk in the grass field and enjoy the view of it . They can see a large white windmills rotating is arranged in the middle of the grass field . There is big tree in front of them with a two cute rabbits chasing each other around the three . The big tree is decorated with colourful butterflies flying around it . Some are resting on the leaves making the tree becomes more beautiful .

His mother stops walking when they reach the big tree . She releases her hands from Kyuhyun's and looks at her son .

" Son , it's time for me to leave ." Mrs . Kim touches Kyuhyun's cheek . Kyuhyun stares at her with large adorable doe-eyes .

" Where do you want to go ?" asks Kyuhyun . He wants to be with his mother .

" Somewhere far from here . I don't belong here anymore son .Can you promise me for something dear ?" Mrs.Kim smiles warmly to him .

Kyuhyun's heart starts to feel unease when he listen to it . He holds his mother's hand back not wanting to let it go . " I want to go with you ." Kyuhyun's voice shaken .

" No son . You can't follow me . It's not the time yet . You've your brothers to be with you .Don't you want to be with them ?" Mrs . Kim says calmly .

" Yes I want to be with them , but I also want you to be with me . You've promise you're not going to leave me . Mother ...don't go anywhere ." Kyuhyun begins to sob . He looks down to the ground as he cannot bear to see his mother's face .

" Dear , listen to me ." says Mrs . Kim while her hands lift Kyuhyun's face . " Look at me ."

Kyuhyun looks at his mother with tears in his eyes . His hand still holding tightly his mother's .

" I'm sorry for not be able to hold my promise to not leaving you dear . I need to go to a better place since I'm not belong to here anymore . I want you to know that I always love you and you're always in my heart . Same to your brothers . I love them so much too . All of you have special place in here ." she puts Kyuhyun's hand on her chest right on her heart ." I want you to promise me , not matter what happen I want you to always be a strong kid and believe in yourself . Your have twelve brothers that love you so much . You can depend on them dear , they will protect you . You're always be the special one for me and for them . I may not be able to be with in the future , but you can always remember me in your heart right ? Remember that I'm always with you and I'm going to miss you . Can you promise me to be a good boy ?" says Mrs Kim . A drop of tears fall on her cheeks as she non-stop staring at her youngest son .

Kyuhyun is sobbing when he listens to his mother's word . He doesn't say anything but just wrap his hands to his mother's waist . " Mother..don't leave me." He cries with all his heart .

" Son , don't make it hard dear . You don't want to make me sad right ?" Mrs . Kim asks . She can feels Kyuhyun nods in her hug . She smiles at it .

" Then promise me that ." Mrs. Kim persuades her son . She let go of the hug and stares lovingly again at Kyuhyun .

" I...pro..promise ." says Kyuhyun in his cry .

Then Mrs . Kim pull her hands from Kyuhyun and put a long last kiss on her son's forehead . She begins to walk away from his sons heading to bright light that is waiting for her .

" Mother.." Kyuhyun wants to chase her but his legs do not allow him to do so . He can see his mother waves her hand at him with a smile . Kyuhyun cannot do anything to stop her as she slowly dissapears along with the bright light before suddenly the world turns dark  . He knows his mother will not come back .

" Mother ... I love you ."

 

Kyuhyun's eyes is flickered when he feels someone is caressing his right hand . He opens the eyes slowly and looks around him . He stares at the white ceiling before he listens a voice calling his name .

" Kyu ..you're wake up . Are you okay ? " Yesung talks to him . Kyuhyun looks at his brother who sits at his side with his hand is gently hold by Yesung .  He gives a small smile to his brother .

" I'm okay . Where am I hyung ?" Kyuhyun asks his brother . He can see the sad look in Yesung's eyes .

" Kyu , we're in the hospital . You're fainted before ." Yesung's answer . 

Kyuhyun tries to remember the reasons he fainted . He remembers he was waiting for Hankyung earlier to pick him up from school . He remembers Hankyung got out from the car and hugged him . He remembers when they got inside the car , Hankyung got a phone call from someone . It was a called from Heechul . He remembers the panic looked on his brother's face and the phone dropped from Hankyung's hand . Kyuhyun widen his eyes and abruptly try to get down from his bed before Yesung hold him . The IV drip on his left hand is unattached from him due to his sudden movement.

" Kyunie ! Calm down first . Please listen to me !" Yesung grips both Kyuhyun's arms to stop the younger from struggling .

" No ! I want to meet mother . Where is she ?! ." Kyuhyun pushes Yesung harshly . His eyes fill with tears when he remember the dreams before he regain his concsious just now . He wants to believe that it was just a dream .

" Kyunie , please ! Listen to me first !" Yesung can't help but shouts at Kyuhyun making Kyuhyun stops struggling . The door of the ward is opened from outside . Shindong who is waiting at the outside rushes to Kyuhyun's room when hears the shouting .

" Hyung , what's wrong ?" Shindong approaches his brothers . He can sees Kyuhyun's crying in Yesung's arm . He is sure Kyuhyun already aware what happens around him but the youngest doesn't know the real truth yet .

" Kyu ." Shindong calls the youngest name .

" Hyung , mother . Where is she ? She is okay right ? Tell me she is alright ." Kyuhyun asks . His face already wet in tears .

Shindong and Yesung look at each other . Shindong doesn't have courage to tell Kyuhyun the truth . He himself still in broken state although he tries to act strong in front of his younger brothers . Yesung sighs as he knows he will be the one who should tell the truth about his mother to Kyuhyun .

Yesung looks at Kyuhyun again . " Kyunie , mother is not with us anymore . She's gone ." tells Yesung then he looks away from the youngest as he doesn't want to see Kyuhyun sad eyes .

Kyuhyun feels as if his world stops rotating . He clearly heard what his brother told him . " You're kidding me right ? Dongie hyung , you too . What do you mean she's gone . I'm sure she's alright . Maybe mother just have small injuries , that's all ." Kyuhyun denies it . 

" No , Yeye hyung is telling the truth Kyu . Mother is not with us anymore . She's died two hours ago . She can't be save from the accident ." explains Shindong .

" Son , it's time for me to leave ." Those word from his mother lingering in his mind .

" No ! Hyung I want her back ! Mother please come back ...don't leave me ." Kyuhyun shouts . His heart clenched as he knows the truth that his mother will never comeback . He cries heavily in Yesung's arms .

" Kyu , please don't cry . Mother will be sad if she knows you like this . You have us Kyu , we'll protect each other ." Yesung tries to hold his tears . He pats the boy's back gently to calm him down . He already did his best for holding his crying when recieved the news earlier .

Flashback...

Two hours ago ...

In front of the operation room , the ten young men are waiting for their mother who still inside the operation room . Leeteuk sits with Kangin side by side with his hand on his face . Kangin pats the older's shoulder to tell him everything will be alright . Hankyung is standing in front of them with his back leaning on the wall . He closes his eyes hoping the time will fly fast while Siwon is sitting on the bench with Ryeowook sleeping on his lap after Ryeowook cried for an hour . Sungmin tries his best to sooth the crying twins since they arrived here three hours ago . Kibum is praying silently on his seat . Heechul is not with them as he's also inside the operation room to assist his mother's surgery . While Shindong and Yesung volunteer to wait for Kyuhyun in the ward as the youngest still in unconscious state . They were so panic when they saw Hankyung lifted Kyuhyun who was fainted in a bridal style to the emergency room earlier .

The time is entering the fourth hour . Everybody sighs when there's no sign from the operation room about their mother yet . When a nurses or  a doctor come out from the operation room , they just says the operation is still ongoing . A moment later , the light on the operation room is off . Everyone stands up from the sit when they see Heechul and his the other doctor come out from the room . They are waiting for Heechul answer and hoping their mother is alright .

Heechul opens his surgical mask and look at his brothers one by one . He gathers his courage to deliver the news about his mother .

" We're going first . Dr.Kim . Be strong ." says the female doctor who is with Heechul before she walk away with the nurse .

" Thank you , Dr. Jung ." Heechul replies with a small smile .

" Chullie , how's mother ?" Leeteuk asks first .

" Is she safe ?" it's from Hankyung .

He takes a deep breath . " Guys , I'm sorry . We've try our best to safe her . But the injuries on her head was too bad . She suffered brain hemorrhage (bleeding) due to head trauma she recieved from the huge impact during the accident . She lost too much blood due to bleeding when she was on her way to hospital . " explains Heechul professionally . He can't let his emotion controls him in this situation . " I'm announcing the death time is 8.45 p.m ." Heechul sighs .

" Chullie hyung , you're lying right ? Mother is still inside there breathing ." Eunhyuk broken voice can be heard .

" No , I'm not . I'm sorry Hyukkie ." Heechul replies .

" What do you mean she's dead ?! You're a doctor , Heechul ! You're job is to save someone's life ! " Kangin's voice echoes around the waiting area . The nurses who are on duty surprise when they hear the shouting voice but they do not dare to come nearer . Kangin grips Heechul's colar and pushes him to the wall . Heechul knows this will happen knowing Kangin temper . He decides to not fight back as he stares his other brothers already in broken state .

" Kangin , stop it . Don't make it worse . This is hospital ." Leeteuk tries to calm Kangin . He has to act strong in front of the others . His heart hurts when he sees Kangin in rage . Ryeowook already cries in Siwon's arm . Sungmin hugs the twins together unable to hold their tears . Hankyung hugs Kibum who just stand still like a statue . He knows although Kibum doesn't cry like the others , the younger is already broken inside .

Kangin releases the grips from Chullie when he realises what he have done . He supposed to be to act strong and calm in this state . His tears forms in his eyes . Leeteuk who see him pulls Kangin in his hugs . From the hug , Leeteuk looks at Heechul who still standing in front of him .

" I'm sorry , Teukie ." says Heechul once again . His unshed tears can be seen at the corner of his eyes .

" It's ok ." Leeteuk replies . His free hand pats Heechul shoulder to reassure the doctor that he knows Heechul and the other doctors have tried their best to save their mother .

" I'm going to tell Yeye and Dongie ." says Heechul but he is stopped by Kangin who already loosen his hugs from Leeteuk .

" No , let me go and tell them . You've done a lot today , hyung . Just rest for awhile with the others . I'm sorry for my sudden burst earlier . I didn't mean it ." Kangin looks deeply at Heechul .

" I understand ." Heechul tries to smile at Kangin .

" I'm going first ." says Kangin . Heechul nods at him .

 

Kyuhyun's cry starts to subside as Yesung manage to calm him . He has to accepts the truth thought it's hard to do so . Three of them hug each other on the bed quite a long time before the door is opened again . All of the other brothers already inside the room including Heechul .

Kyuhyun who's looking at them broken in tears again . Leeteuk get nearer to Kyuhyun and hugs the youngest . Leeteuk knows Kyuhyun must have a hard time to accept the truth as Kyuhyun is really close with their late mother .

" Shhsh , Kyu . Although she's not here with us but she's always in our heart right ?" Leeteuk caresses the boy's head softly . 

Kyuhyun realises it was the same words his mother told him in his dream . He nods at the older .

Soon the others also join the hug together crying for the one that have been taking care of them and love them like her own sons . From now they only have each other to support themselves . Only thirteen of them .

' From now on , I'm promise mother to be a shoulder for them to cry . To protect them and to continue loving them . I'll not dissapointed you . ' Leeteuk thoughts .

' Don't worry mother , this family I'll protect with my own life .I'll not let anyone mess with our family .' Heechul thoughts .

' We'll make you proud mother .' Yesung thoughts .

That night , each one of them have their own thought . From Leeteuk until Kyuhyun . All of them cry together in their hug knowing they only have each other now .

 


Finish chapter 21 <3

I don't know why but I cried when I wrote this chapter . :'(

Anyway enjoy the reading <3

Yeayy this story have reached 50 subscribers . Thank you so much . XD

See you tomorrow