The Possibility

Our Little Star

Two weeks have passed since their mother's death . The thirteen brothers are barely coping with their new days without their mother by their side . The older one , Leeteuk , Heechul , Kangin and Yesung try their best to be the strength pillar for the younger ones . Hankyung has to go back to China to manage their company after staying in Korea for ten days though he really wants to be with his brothers . Shindong and Sungmin start to forget the sadness since they are getting busy for the university's activities .

Same goes to the same age trio , Eunhyuk , Donghae and Siwon . Leeteuk had asked Eunhyuk and Siwon to watch over Donghae after the incident four days after their mother funeral . On that day , Donghae was not in the mansion for the whole day making the others worried about him . Knowing Donghae was a fragile person , they scared something might happen to him . They still couldn't find him until they got a call from the unknown person . It was a call from Donghae's dance teacher in university . They were informed that Donghae had collapse due to over practiced . Donghae had practiced non-stop for the whole day until he fell unconscious . Luckily , there was the dance teacher to be with him . Since that day , Eunhyuk is responsible to watch over Donghae and not to let the younger twin be alone .

The other one that they really need to watch over is Kyuhyun . The boy never shows his bright smile , his cute aegyo since that day and it's worrying the others . Leeteuk and Heechul always try to make him smile . In the school , he is back to his old self being the quiet one and secludes himself from the others . His loyal bestfriend , Changmin never leave his side as he promised to himself and Kyuhyun's brothers to bring back the lively Kyuhyun .

" Kyu , let's eat . It's already recess ." Changmin touches the small shoulder softly .

" I'm not hungry , Minnie . I want to stay here finishing my homework ." says Kyuhyun and gives the taller a small smile before he focuses on his homework back .

Changmin sighs as he already expected that answer from Kyuhyun . Whenever he asks Kyuhyun to join him during recess  or study together , the boy surely will reject it . Changmin sits at his place beside Kyuhyun and take the book from Kyuhyun .

" Minnie , give it back to me ." Kyuhyun replies with his hand trying to get the book from Changmin .

" Not until you're agree to eat with me !" shouts Changmin . There are only two of them in the classroom as the others already go to the cafe .

" I've told you I'm not hungry Changmin !" Kyuhyun snaps making Changmin looks at him with a disappointed face .

Changmin doesn't say anything and returns the book back to Kyuhyun . This is the first time for Kyuhyun calling Changmin by his real name since they have declared 'we're bestfriend forever' . He stands up from his seat and walk away from Kyuhyun .

Kyuhyun realises what he have done . He really doesn't mean to raise his voice towards his bestfriend . He runs towards Changmin and grabs the taller arm .

" Minnie ! I'm sorry . I didn't mean it ." Kyuhyun apologizes to him . He hang his head low as he feels guilty towards his bestfriend .

Changmin looks at Kyuhyun before he grabs both Kyuhyun's shoulder making Kyuhyun lift his head with teary eyes . " Kyu , you have to stop acting this way . Do you realise how many people are worrying about you ? I know how you're sad because of your lost .  I feel you Kyu . I've lost my mother when I was ten . I know how it feels like when we lost someone we love . But , life must go on . There's a lot of thing that we have  to go through in the future . Have you think about your brothers ? They are sad too but they know they have to move on . They're trying to make you smile again but you ? I want my bestfriend back , Kyu . The one who always smiles , the one who always act cute if you want something for yourself , the one who always have fun during study . I want that Kyuhyun . Not THIS Kyuhyun . Can't you ?" says Changmin while looking deeply into the sad doe-eyes .

Changmin's word makes him crying more . He knows he being selfish by ignoring his brothers in the mansion . How selfish was he when he didn't think about his brothers feeling . How selfish was he when he thought he was the only want who sad about his late mother . " I'm sorry Minnie for being selfish . I didn't even think about you and my brothers . I don't know how to move on ." says Kyuhyun in his tears . 

Changmin pulls Kyuhyun into hugs and let the smaller stay in his embraces for a while . " From now on I want you to act like yourself again . Your brothers , they are all waiting for you . Can you promise to me , to your brothers and most importantly to yourself ?" asks Changmin while patting Kyuhyun's back .

Kyuhyun loosen the hug and wipes the tears on his cheeks . " I promise ." Kyuhyun answers and for the first time , he returns the sweetest smile to Changmin . 

" My bestfriend is back !  Thank you for returning my bestfriend , kyu ." Changmin exclaimes and hugs Kyuhyun once again tightly .

" Minnie , I ca..can't b.breath ." says Kyuhyun as feels suffocated from the hugs .

"Opps , I'm sorry ." Changmin loosen his hug and grins at Kyuhyun .

" So , do you want to join me go to the cafe ? I'm starving ." Changmin makes a pouty face while holding his stomach .

" You're always starving . Let's go ." Kyuhyun makes a comment before letting himself being pulled by Changmin . He smiles at him .

 

The exclusive cafe is not crowded during this time since people already go to their workplace . It's already past the lunch time . At almost secluded area in the cafe , there are two men seems discussing something seriously .

" What have you gotten so far ?" Mr.Cho asks after sipping a warm coffee .

" As you know , Cho Kyuhyun is adopted by late Mrs . Kim since sixteen years ago . That means , she took care of him since he was a baby . But he wasn't from any orphanage . I've checked to any possible orphanage around our country but none of it had the name of Cho Kyuhyun in their record . It's either that boy had change his name or maybe the late Mrs Kim found him somewhere . There's also the possibility someone might hand the boy to Mrs . Kim when he was a baby ." explains Taecyeon in details to Mr . Cho . He is the private investigator that have been paid by Mr .Cho to find out about Kyuhyun .

Since the day when the CEO of Sapphire had a meeting with him . His mind didn't forget how the young CEO reacted when he asked about Kyuhyun past . Mr. Cho paid the private investigator to find any single details about the young boy . His heart keep saying the boy somehow related to him . From the surname , the smiles , the face , he never forget about the young boy although he only met Kyuhyun for a short time . When the news about the death of Mrs . Kim  spreaded to the whole bussiness world , he couldn't help but to think how Kyuhyun cope with it . 

" Do you find any related to my late wife ? "

" Not really sir . But something regarding the boy that maybe can related to your late wife . His birthday is on 3rd of February . Your late wife was missing around this date sixteen years ago . Based on the info you gave to me , the late Mrs.Cho's due date for her labour was on 5th February right ? It's possible that the late Mrs .Cho had give birth near the date when she was missing since the police only found her body during the hit and run case . The autopsy results also revealed that your late wife had just delivered a baby . The report said it was either the baby died during the labour or the baby had been put to somewhere ." tells Taecyeon again .

" Are you trying to say she threw the baby away right after the birth ?" Mr. Cho raises his voice as he doesn't like Taecyeon statements .

" No sir , that's not what I mean . I've work for you for ten years sir . Although I didn't meet your first wife , but I know she was a good woman based on your story . What I'm trying to say is , if it was true the baby still alive , the late Mrs. Cho might had send the baby somewhere to hide him in a safe place . Actually I've searched something that related to Mrs.Cho accident sir and there is important thing I need to tell you ."

" What is it ?" Mr.Cho relaxes himself again after he listens to Taecyeon explaination. 

" It wasn't just an accident but it was planned . A week ago , I met the ex- detective who responsible for your late wife case to ask about it , actually he said he found the case was odd since she was found in a dark and quiet street . No witness , no clue except for the effects of screeching tires on the road .When the upper instructed him to put on hold the case , detective Lee decided to investigate this case alone as he believed something was missing in this case . Everyday after the instruction from the upper , he went to that street to find any clue . On the 8th day , he found someone wandered aimlessly along the street . It was a homeless beggar . He approached the man and that man tried to run away . He had a hard time to stop the man . He asked the beggar about the case , at first the beggar just shrugged . But , after a couple of time trying to persuades him ,the beggar managed to open his mouth . He said he walk at that street night to find a place to sleep . " Teacyeon stops for a while to wet his dry throats with a drinks before he continue .

"Then he heard a faint woman's voice shouting not too far from his stand . He just let it pass at first . After a couple of minute , the voice is getting nearer and louder . He heard the voice of struggling from that woman . He tried to take a look but then what he found was , a woman was dragged on the street by a man . That woman tried to escape from the man . He didn't dare to go nearer so he decided to hide in a small bushes and looked at the scene . He said the woman managed to run from the man before a car out of nowhere appeared a several meters in front of  her .  The car speeded without showing any signs to stop and hit the woman . The car continue to drive until the car stop far from the woman and fetched the other man and drove away from the place . He can't see the face of the suspects since the man was masked and the car was tinted . The street was only accompanied with one dimmed light only . He ran away after that as he was too scared . The next day he walked again to that street and the street was full with a polices . He ran away again as he was afraid the police might accused him ." explains Taecyeon .

" Why he didn't tell me earlier ! How could he hide this big clue ?" Mr.Cho once again loses his cool .

" He couldn't . After the day he met with the beggar , the upper in the police department found out he carried on this case without informing them . The upper gave a hell for that . He was fired and wasn't allow to have any ties with the police stuff anymore . He couldn't even explained the latest clue he got to them .The worst was , the beggar who was the only witness for this case was found dead with a couple of stabbed on his body . He was at the dead end knowing he couldn't do anything to solve the case . He told me he had planned to tell you but he got a text message from unknown person writing that to not tell you or anyone about everything regarding the case or else his family life was on the line . As he worried about his family safety , he decided to keep his mouth shut and never told anyone about this . He lived with guilty and sorry in his life sir , for not being able to solve this case ." tells Taecyeon .

Mr.Cho remains silent when he listens to those word . He can't believe his late wife was dead in a cruel way . Whoever did this , he will make sure that person will regret to breath in this world and that person isn't even human . His eyes suddenly fills with tears when he thinks about his late wife's suffering .

" Taecyeon-ah , I want you to find whoever the culprit is as soon as possible . I don't want to let the person who still happy walking in this world after what they did to my wife ." says Mr.Cho with full of grudge .

" Don't worry sir , I'll sort this out and update it to you as fast as I can ." Taecyeon reassures him with a smiles . Mr.Cho nods at him .

" One more thing sir , there is possibility that Cho Kyuhyun is your son . Though I can't be sure yet , but all the information I got for this time being can be connected to him . It'll be more easy to find out the truth if we can undergo the DNA test on you and that boy ." adds Taecyeon .

Mr.Cho looks away to the window looking at the busy street . He's thinking on how to get nearer to Kyuhyun . Knowing who Kyuhyun's brother are , he sure Leeteuk will not let Kyuhyun easily to get to him . If it's true Kyuhyun was the baby inside Min Ah womb before , he will do anything to get Kyuhyun back to him .

 


Done with this chapter <3

Enjoy the reading ~~