The Truth Behind The Disguise

Our Little Star

" Kyu !" the loud voice comes out of nowhere shocking Kyuhyun who is enjoying the view from the rooftop . He looks behind him and rolls his eyes as he sees the running figure with a wide smiles .

" You know you don't have to shout right ? " says Kyuhyun not after he shot a glares to his bestfriend , Changmin .

" I know... but I just love to annoy you ." says Changmin with a grins on his face . He sits beside Kyuhyun with his arm on Kyuhyun's shoulder .

" Ryeowook hyung asked me to give this sandwich to you . He said to me to make sure you to eat this ." Changmin adds before he hands the sandwich to Kyuhyun .

Kyuhyun sighs . " Thank you . " says Kyuhyun before he eats the sandwich .

" You must be happy now . With twelve brothers and your real family by your side ." says Changmin with a smile . He was quite shock when he knew the story before but after he saw Kyuhyun's happy face , he also happy for him .

" Yeah , I really like it ! I have a nice appa , loving halmeoni and....." Kyuhyun smiles fades when he thinks about his stepmother . He doesn't know how  to describe his stepmother . Sometimes she acts so nice to him when they are together with his father and grandmother . But when he only with her , he feels more like a stranger than a family . 

" And...?" Changmin asks confusedly . He notices the change on Kyuhyun face as his bestfriend is in a good mood earlier .

" Minnie-ah , what do you think about having a stepmother ?" asks Kyuhyun instead of continuing his sentence before .

" Why are you asking me that question ?" Changmin squints his eyes to Kyuhyun .' Is his stepmother treats him badly ?' Changmin says in his mind .

" I just want to know ." answers Kyuhyun before he takes a bite of his sandwich . He avoids Changmin eyes as he doesn't want Changmin to notice his worry face .

" Kyu , look at me ." Changmin says seriously before he lifts Kyuhyun's chin to face him ." Are you having a problem with your stepmother ? I mean Aunty Hyerin ." asks Changmin .

Kyuhyun sighs deeply as he knows he cannot avoids Changmin ." No I'm not . She's nice person but...." Kyuhyun stops for a while . " But I don't know if she's really likes me or not . She's very nice with me whenever appa or halmeoni are with us . But , when we are alone ...she seems ignoring me like she's not interested in me . I just want to have a nice relationship with her since she's my eomma too ." says Kyuhyun honestly . 

Kyuhyun has been staying with his family since a week ago after his brother let him to stay with them as much as Kyuhyun wants . They told him to be close with his family though they will miss his presence in their mansion . They know they need to give Kyuhyun and his family a space for Kyuhyun to be close with them . After their dinner with Cho family , they believe Kyuhyun is in the right hand . Since that day , Kyuhyun will spend his time after school in his grandmother house and go home with his father after having a dinner with the family .

" Have you told about this to your father ? Or try to talk with Aunty Hyerin ?" Changmin asks worryingly . Seeing Kyuhyun face , he knows Kyuhyun rather let to keep his feeling by his own than telling it to the others . It is nice to see Kyuhyun tells his feeling to him .

" No , I don't want to worry appa . Besides , it's not that she's being bad to me ...she's just not really talk to me when there's only two of us . Maybe she still feels awkward with my presence . Yeah...that's it . She only feels awkward with me ." Kyuhyun tries to put a smile on his face . But Changmin know it is a lie . He decides to let it off since he doesn't want to let his bestfriend worry and sad .

" Okay , if you say that . I hope you're okay with her ." Changmin smiles . " So...what do you plan for this holiday ?" asks Changmin as he wants to change the topic . Today is their last day of school before summer vacation which is starting tomorrow .

" I don't have any plan actually . I'll live with my father for this week again maybe . " answers Kyuhyun .

" Really ? Don't you miss your brother ?" Changmin chuckles when he sees Kyuhyun's pouty face . He knows how much Kyuhyun misses his brothers knowing how close they are .

" Yah ! Of course I miss them... I call each one of them everyday you know . I want to go home but they ask me to stay a bit longer with my father ." says Kyuhyun . 

" Aigoo...my friend is sulking . Aww...you're so cute !" says Changmin teasingly while pinching Kyuhyun's cheek .

" Minnie !" shouts Kyuhyun before he hit Changmin's back strongly then rubs his red chubby cheek . Changmin already rolling on the floor while holding his stomach as he laughing at Kyuhyun grumpy face . He keeps teasing his bestfriend until the end of the recess .

 

 

Yesung knocks the door of Leeteuk's room after he make sure the older is not busy in his office . After receiving a signal from Leeteuk , he get inside and give a smiles towards the older .

" Yesung-shi , is there anything important ?" asks Leeteuk formally . That's how when they are in the company . They keep their formality whenever they're around the company since it's necessary for them to show respect between each other as a co-worker . Leeteuk finds it odd seeing Yesung in his room since his dongsaeng by two year isn't always meet him unless it is important or during the board meeting as Yesung is always working at the project site . He's the engineer after all .

" Teuki hyung , you're not busy right ?" asks Yesung seriously .

Judging the serious look from Yesung , there must be something important that Yesung wants to tell him and he sures it must be regarding family matters since the younger calls him as ' Teukie hyung' instead of  'Leeteuk-shi' in the office like this .

" No I'm not for now since it's almost lunch time . Why Yeye ? Your face doesn't look okay . You want to talk about something ?" asks Leeteuk softly not as CEO but as a brother to Yesung .

Yesung sighs before he takes a seat at the sofa in Leeteuk's room ." It's about Kyunie actually . I've keep thinking about this since the day he went to appa's mansion and I think I should tell this to you . " tells Yesung and looks at Leeteuk who's already sits in front of him .

" What's wrong with Kyunie ? Are you worry about he's staying with Jiwon appa ?" asks Leeteuk with full of concern .

" I'm not worrying about he's staying with appa .In fact , I don't really mind but I'm worried about aunty Hyerin ." says Yesung . Since the day he met Hyerin in the clinic before , he couldn't help but feels something off about her .

" What's wrong with her ?" Leeteuk asks confusedly .

" Hyung ...don't you sense something is wrong with her ? I honestly thought she's not really like our brother ."

" Yeye-ah , I think you're worry too much about Kyunie that's why you're saying like this . I don't see anything wrong with her . What's making you think like that ? asks Leeteuk again . To him , Kyuhyun's stepmother is nice like the others since she always smiles whenever they meet .

" No hyung . Can't you see the way she looked at Kyunie whenever everyone didn't notice her ? Her looks for Kyunie is nothing but hatred . I know what I'm saying about her is a little bit rude since she's Kyunie's stepmother after all . But I can't help to think like that after noticed it for a couple of times . You guys might have not saw it since she acts so well . My guts says she's hiding something from us especially from Kyunie's appa and halmeoni ...Hyung , I'm scared she will hurt Kyunie ." explains Yesung with a worry looks on his face .

" Yeye don't worry too much okay ? If it's true she's hiding something from all of us and all of her nice attitude towards Kyu was just an act , we'll have to find it out why . I think you're just overthinking about this . I'm sure Kyunie is fine in their place . If something is not right with Kyunie , let's talk with Jiwon appa about this . Now , let's just hope and pray Kyunie is doing fine and happy okay?" Leeteuk gives him reassuring smiles .

" But hyung....." Yesung wants to deny but then he only gives a loud sighs ." Okay hyung ." Yesung smiles a little to Leeteuk .

" Let's have a lunch together ? I'll call Kangin to lunch with us ." says Leeteuk after he make sure Yesung is fine .

" Okay hyung ." Yesung answers shortly .

' I will find it out by myself . Aunty Hyerin , I'll not let you hurt our Kyunie .' says Yesung in his mind .

 

 

Kyuhyun jumps out from the car right after the driver parks the car in the porch . He is in a good mood since the summer vacation has starts . That means , no books and homework for Kyuhyun ! Not that he hates books or anything related to school , he only wants to rest from all school stuff for a while since he's always work hard and study during school day . Now , he can rest as much as he wants without worrying about the school for almost a month . Nothing will harm him or effect him if he doesn't study as he's gifted with a smart and intelligent brain since he was born . He can catch up everything in the blink of eyes .

Kyuhyun waves a goodbye to his driver since the drive has to go somewhere before he walk into the mansion . Today , he's not going to his grandmother's mansion since Lady Cho is not at home . So , he just go straightly to his father's mansion after school . His father's mansion is not as big as their Cho mansion where his grandmother lives now since only two person and five workers live in the mansion . 

" I'm home !" greets Kyuhyun cheerfully . He's looking around to find the house maid since usually one of the maid will be waiting for him whenever he just arrives . He loves to talk with them as he used to treat his workers like a family but it's only when there's no Hyerin around . Kyuhyun finds out Hyerin is very strict to the mansion workers when he noticed one of them got mad by her three days ago .

" Ahjumma ?!" Kyuhyun looking for them when he notices no one is answering him .

" They're not here ." a sudden cold voice shocks Kyuhyun .

" Aunty ..." Kyuhyun gulps when he sees Hyerin is staring at him with a smirks on her face . He suddenly feels scared since there's no one other than them inside the mansion .

" Why ? You're shock looking at me suddenly appeared in the house earlier than usual ? Is it ?" Hyerin walks slowly to him making Kyuhyun takes a few steps behind . He doesn't dare to look into Hyerin eyes .

" No..no ." Kyuhyun stutters . His mind suddenly reminds of his brothers . He needs them right now .

" Do you know how much I'm waiting for this ? Two of us alone... without anyone...without your appa ?" she smirks again before suddenly she suddenly pokes Kyuhyun's forehead with her fingers harsly making Kyuhyun falls on the floor .

Kyuhyun looks at her with a fear looks in his eyes . His hand rubs his forehead slowly as his eyes slowly gathering a tears ." Why..why are you doing this to me ? Wh..what..is my..faults ?" Kyuhyun starts sobbing .

Hyerin approaches him by lowering her body to be with the same level with Kyuhyun ." You dare asking me why ? Huh ?!! Why are you suddenly shows up after sixteen years ?!!! Why don't you just died with your mother before ?! " Hyerin shouts histerically at Kyuhyun's face before she grabs Kyuhyun's hair harshly making Kyuhyun winces in pain .

" Do you want to know what's your fault ?" she laughs mockingly and caresses Kyuhyun's crying face then she grabs his face with her other hand . " Your faults is you dare to born in this world and ruining my life . I hate you for born in this world...I hate you for having Min Ah face . I hate you for the fact your appa never love me like he loved your mother ! And now you dare to show yourself and claiming you're his son which makes his love for me lessen day by day ! I hate you for all of that ! " she shouts again .

Those words are enough to make Kyuhyun's heart shatters in piece and feels pain . Never once he thought Hyerin will hate her so much . He suddenly remembers the dream he had before . This scene is familiar with the scene inside his dream . ' Was she the one who hurt me in my dream ?' Kyuhyun thoughts .

" Why ? What was eomma faults until you did this to me ?" Kyuhyun asks in his cry . His cheeks are in pain as Hyerin still grabs his face strongly .

" Because she stole your appa from me !" Hyerin shouts before she shoves Kyuhyun's head harshly . Kyuhyun is lucky enough since he manage to prevent his head from hit to the floor .

" You listen to me ." Hyerin hisses angrily and grabs Kyuhyun's face again ." Don't you ever think to live happily in this house after you stole Jiwon from me . I'll make sure to make your life in hell until you feels like want to die , you piece of trash ." she smirks . " Don't ever tell everything about what happen today to your father , halmeoni and your brothers if you don't want anything bad happen to them . Do you understand or not ?" she threaten Kyuhyun with a scary soft tone . 

Kyuhyun doesn't dare to reply and he still crying . ' Hyung help me .' Kyuhyun pleads in his mind .

" Yah stop crying ! Answer me !" Hyerin shouts .

" I...I..unde..understand ." Kyuhyun answers in fear .

" Good boy ." she smiles nicely and caresses Kyuhyun's hair softly .

" Now you better get out from my face before I lose my temper again ." says Hyerin dangerously .

Kyuhyun takes no time and rushes quickly to his room . He locks the door and sits at the corner of the room with both knees closer to his chest . He starts to sob again and he wants nothing but his brothers by his side . He clutches his chest when suddenly he feels trouble in breathing . He immediately reaches his school bag and take out the inhaler from it . Kyuhyun quickly bring the inhaler closer to his mouth and sprays out the medicine before he breath it in . He does it for two times until his breathing becomes normal again .

Kyuhyun lies on the floor before he starts crying again . He clutches his chest again when he thought of his fate . ' Why suddenly it turn out to be like this ? Am I really supposed to die like she said ? Am I not worth to live like the others ?'

" Hyung ..eomma..mother...appa..halmeoni ." says Kyuhyun . The tears keep pouring out from his eyes . He keeps crying until his body feels weak and tired . He falls asleep on the cold floor with a stain of tears on his face . In his sleep , he keep mumbling for his brothers .

He doesn't even wake up until the night come . A numerous calls from his brothers from the evening until the night .

 

 

" What's wrong with Kyunie !" I called him for ten times already . Where's he ?" Donghae whines . He wants to talk with the youngest since the evening as he misses the youngest very much .

" Hae-ah , don't shout . Maybe he left his phone somewhere ." Eunhyuk tries to ease his twin . He also feels strange when the youngest doesn't pick up the phone . Usually after one or two time , the youngest will answer it already .

" But , hyuk..-" his talk is cut off when Ryeowook open the door of Eunhyuk's room without knocking with a panic face .

" Hyung ... I can't reach Kyunie . I'm worried for him ." says Ryeowook .

" See ! Wookie is also worried about him . " says Donghae to Eunhyuk .

Eunhyuk sighs ." Alright , please don't panic okay . Wookie , please relax . Let's tell this to older hyungs when they get home later ." says Eunhyuk .

Ryeowook and Donghae only sighs in defeat . They only hope Kyuhyun will be fine . This is the first time they being away from Kyuhyun for this long and now they really miss him so much .

If only they know what happen to Kyuhyun ...

 


Done with this chapter <3

Enjoy the reading :)

a/n : This story only has a few chapters left , maybe around five chapters more . Thank you for everyone who keep supporting this story and reading this story . I really appreciate it :)