The Suspicious

Our Little Star

Kyuhyun doesn't know how long he sleep until he hears a loud knock from outside his room . He opens the eyes slowly and just realises he has been sleep for a long time when he looks at his dark room . He rubs his puffy eyes and massages his ache limbs since he sleeps on the cold floor for almost three hours . Then he hears the knocks again making him straighten his body before he goes to the door to open it .

" Appa ." says Kyuhyun with his hoarse voice . It must because he cried so long earlier .

" Kyu ! Oh my ...do you know how much I'm worried about you ? Why are you staying in your room for three hours ? Were you crying ? What happened to you ? Teukie called me and he told me you didn't answer their call . Why kyu ? Are you sick ?" Kyuhyun's father bombards him with a question as soon as he reveals himself . Jiwon caresses the boy's face gently and stares into his puffy eyes . He gently put his hand to Kyuhyun's forehead to check the boy's body temperature . 

When he just arrived at the mansion earlier , the panic looked from his wife welcomed him . Hyerin told him Kyuhyun was locking himself in the room when the boy's got back from school . He became more worried when he got a call from Leeteuk who was asking about Kyuhyun . Leeteuk also told him , they couldn't reach Kyuhyun since the evening .  Jiwon had no choice but ensured them Kyuhyun was alright if not , the brothers will end up rushing to his mansion just to check on Kyuhyun .

Kyuhyun is about to tell his condition when he notices Hyerin standing not too far behind his father while smirking at him and not to mention the vicious looks she gives to him . He focuses his eyes back to his father who is still looking at him worryingly .

" It was nothing . I was having some bad headache earlier and runny nose . Maybe because of the weather . I straightly went to sleep to reduce the headache and didn't notice I locked the the door . I'm sorry appa for making you worry ." explains Kyuhyun while looking down to the floor . He is bad in lying as his brothers always caught him lying through his eyes .

" Are you telling me the truth Kyu ? Then why are you not looking at me ? And what's wrong with your eyes ?" asks Jiwon to his son when he notices Kyuhyun purposely avoid his eyes .

" Uhh...I'm telling you the truth , appa ...I cried before because I miss hyungs ." Kyuhyun braves himself to look at his father .

" Appa...don't worry.. I'm okay ." says Kyuhyun when his father just looking at him silently .

" Oppa..when he says he's fine that means he's really fine . You wouldn't tell us a lie right , dear ?" Kyuhyun startles when Hyerin suddenly interrupts them . She caresses Kyuhyun's hair softly with a nice smile on her face making Kyuhyun flinches at her sudden touches .

Jiwon notices the flinches Kyuhyun makes . He wonders why Kyuhyun acting like this then he looks at Hyerin who still smiles at his son ." Okay son ...please tell me immediately when you feel sick . I've promised to your brothers to take a good care of you ." Jiwon smiles ." Don't forget to call your brothers . They were so worried about you when you didn't pick their call earlier ." says Jiwon .

" Okay appa , I will ..." Kyuhyun puts a small smiles . " Hrmm appa..." Kyuhyun calls his father again .

" Yes , son ."

" Can I go back to hyungs tomorrow ? I miss them ." says Kyuhyun with a teary eyes .

" Sure...I'll send you tomorrow okay ? Don't cry or else your brothers would beat me up if they see you crying like this ." says Jiwon and wipes Kyuhyun's tears . 

Kyuhyun nods at his father ." Thank you , appa ." 

" Kyu , let's have a dinner after you clean yourself okay ?" asks Hyerin .

" It's okay aunty . I'm not hungry....I maybe sleep again after I take a bath ." Kyuhyun rejects nicely . He thinks how could his stepmother manage to put a good act whenever his father is around .

" Are your sure ?" Jiwon asks worryingly .

" Yes appa , don't worry ." Kyuhyun smiles .

Jiwon kisses his son before he leaves the room with Hyerin clings onto his arm when they make his way to the downstairs . He knows something is wrong with Kyuhyun as he can sense the lie in Kyuhyun's word . Somehow he feels it must be related to Hyerin .

 

 

" Hyung , are you sure we don't have to go to appa house ?" asks Donghae for the fifth times .

" Hae-ah , appa said there's nothing wrong with Kyunie . Let's just wait for the call ok ?" Leeteuk says to Donghae . 

" But hyung...-" Donghae's word is interrupted with ringtone from Leeteuk's phone .

Leeteuk looks at his phone and immediately answer it when he sees the caller's name .

"Kyu..how are you ?" asks Leeteuk as soon as he hears the youngest voice .

I'm fine hyung ." answers Kyuhyun . Leeteuk can sense somthing wrong when he hears the voice . It is not the cheerful and happy voice that he's always heard whenever he calls the boy . 

" Then , why were you didn't pick up the call ? Are you sick Kyunie ?" asks Leeteuk making his brothers give a panic and worry look at the same time . They become restless when they hears Leeteuk's question to Kyuhyun .

No , I'm not sick , hyung . I'm sorry for not picking up the call . I fell asleep right after I went home ." 

" Kyunie..you know I can tell whether you're lying or not right ? Tell me the truth ." Leeteuk asks in serious tone .

"...."

" Kyunie.." calls Leeteuk when the youngest doesn't answer his question .

" Hyung what's wrong with him ?" Siwon asks when he notices the change in Leeteuk face .

" Let me talk to him , hyung ." Donghae says as he cannot wait anymore .

" Shhsh , guys . Let Teukie hyung talk to him first ." tells Yesung sternly .

" Kyu..are you still on the line ?" Leeteuk asks again . He can hears the sniffles sound from the phone . 'Kyuhyun must be crying .' He thought .

" Teukie hyung...I..miss..all of..you.." says Kyuhyun in his cry .

Leeteuk's heart clenches when he hears Kyuhyun's crying voice . Something must have happen to him .

" We miss you too Kyunie . Don't cry please....I will fetch you tomorrow okay ?" asks Leeteuk softly .

" You don't have to fetch me hyung . Appa said he will send me tomorrow ." Kyuhyun replies .

" Okay...don't cry Kyunie . Sleep well tonight ." says Leeteuk gently .

Hyung...I love you...tell the others too ." says Kyuhyun . Leeteuk feels a bit relieves when he knows Kyuhyun has stop crying .

" We love you too , Kyunie . Goodnight ." says Leeteuk before he ends the call with a long sighs .

He is aware the look the others give to him as they're curious about Kyuhyun . " Kyunie...he just miss all of us . He said appa will send him here tomorrow ." informs Leeteuk . His eyes meets Heechul who is looking at him with a hidden meaning . He nods silently at Heechul .

" Aww ...our Kyunie ." says Ryeowook with sad eyes .

" Kids , don't worry too much okay ? Let's just have some rest ." Leeteuk gives reassuring smiles making the others calm a bit .

" And Yeye , Kangin let's meet in my room after this ." adds Leeteuk .

" Ne hyung ." Kangin and Yesung reply in unison .

 

 

Jiwon stares the view of the night from the balcony of his bedroom . He thinks deeply about his son . " Are you actually okay living with me , son ?" he asks himself before he take a sip of hot chocolate . Then suddenly , he almost loses his hold from the cup when a hands wrap his waist from behind .

" Hyerin-ah .." says Jiwon .

" Oppa ...what are you thinking ?" Hyerin asks as her hands still on her husband waist . She puts her head on Jiwon's back and let herself enjoy it for a while .

" I'm thinking about Kyu ." answers Jiwon making Hyerin's smiles starts to fade . Jiwon notices the hugs from Hyerin become loosen when he mentions Kyuhyun . As he expected , Kyuhyun condition earlier has something to do with his wife .

Truthfully , he is not sure how Hyerin feels about Kyuhyun . From the day Kyuhyun starts becoming his family and staying with them , Hyerin only shows her happy and soft side whenever they're together with Kyuhyun but she never reveals her true thought about Kyuhyun . When he asks her , she only give usual answer of how she's happy when Kyuhyun is with them . He never thought how Hyerin treats his son when there's only two of them .

" What's wrong with him oppa ? " Hyerin asks with a monotone voice . She take a seat at the chair while looking at the night view with uninterested face .

" Hyerin-ah , are you really didn't know what happen to Kyu earlier . I mean you arrived earlier than usual today ... you must have meet him before he went to his room right ? Did he told you something ? " Jiwon asks and his eyes do not leave Hyerin's face as he tries to figure out Hyerin's emotion .

Hyerin looks at her husband with a teary eyes . But , she keep cursing on Kyuhyun in her mind when Jiwon keep saying about Kyuhyun . " Why are you asking me that question ? You don't believe me ? I've told you everything already ...he just went to his room before I could ask him . Oppa...we've been living together for thirteen years..yet you don't trust me ?" she holds Jiwon's hand and crying hardly .

Jiwon feels guilty when he sees the tears in Hyerin eyes . He doesn't mean to make her cry ." Hyerin-ah...I'm sorry..it's not that I'm not trust you but I'm worried about my son . I'm sorry ...Hyerin ." says Jiwon softly and hug his wife . He can't see Hyerin face slowly change into smirk .

" Oppa..your son..he just enter your life....he hasn't living you for a month yet . And you trust him more than me ?"  Hyerin words makes Jiwon stuns for a while . But he just keep listening to Hyerin to hear the next .

" You should learn more about him...who knows he is not a good boy like you always thought ? I'm saying this because I care about him , oppa . I don't want him to rebel one day ...though he is your son , don't just follows and trust everything he said ....like just now . You shouldn't agree right away when he said he wants to go to his brothers mansion tomorrow . He should stay with you more since he's your son ." says Hyerin . Little does she know , her mask is slowly slipped off .

Jiwon release the hug and looks directly into his wife's eyes .' What is actually you trying to say Hyerin ? I know what's good and what's not about my son . I know he's a good kid .' says Jiwon in his mind .

" Okay ... I will try to fix that okay . Let's just let Kyu to be with his brothers tomorrow since he miss them so much . You know I really hate when I see Kyuhyun's crying right ?" asks Jiwon nicely while caressing her hand gently .

Hyerin nods at her husband . " Let's sleep oppa . It's already late ." says Hyerin before she pulls her husband to the room and heading to their bed .

" I'm going to wash my face first ." she says before walking to the bathroom .

Just when Hyerin figure dissappears from Jiwon's eyes , he recieves a message from his private investigator . He looks at the bathroom direction to make sure Hyerin still inside before he opens the message .

To : Mr.Choi

From : Taecyeon-shi

Hello Mr.Choi , I'm sorry for disturbing you in this late . Can we meet tomorrow ? There's a new information regarding your late wife's case . It's really important and please don't let anyone know about this especially Mrs.Cho .

Jiwon reads the message with a mixed feelings . He almost forget about the case since he's too focusing about Kyuhyun . ' Why I need to keep this from Hyerin ?' he thought . Luckily he never slip about the case in front of anyone .

To : Taecyeon-shi

From : Mr.Choi 

Okay , let's meet at usual place tomorrow at 10 am .

He sends the message right before Hyerin get out from the bathroom . He acts normally in front of her and give a small smiles before Hyerin and him lying on their bed side by side . Jiwon keep thinking about Kyuhyun and Hyerin at the same time until he drifts into a deep sleep .

 

 

" Hyung !" shouts Kyuhyun as soon as he get out from the car when he and his father arrive at the mansion . He runs to his brothers who are already waiting for him outside the mansion . He jumps into Kangin hug since Kangin is the nearest one . Kangin chuckles and pats the boy's back softly .

" Kyunie !!!" The twins and Ryeowook shouts loudly when they see the youngest .

Jiwon watches the scene and smiles warmly . He then walk to Leeteuk and greets him . 

" Kangin hyung , let me hug him next ." says Eunhyuk as he having an argument with his twin who should hug Kyuhyun first .

" No , hyung ..Kyunie come here ." Donghae pulls Kyuhyun hands when the boy already loosen his hug from Kangin .

" Yah ! Watch your manners .....Hey my baby ." Heechul comes from behind and smacks the twins head softly before he comes towards Kyuhyun and kiss the boy's forehead gently . The twins pout and show their pity face to Kyuhyun as they know they cannot win their Heechul hyung . Kangin gives a high five to Heechul for smacking the twins head .

" I miss you so much ..!" says Kyuhyun excitedly when he is in Heechul arms with Ryeowook clinging beside him . Siwon and Sungmin ruffles the youngest hair while Shindong and Kibum smiles at the scene after kiss their youngest brother . 

Yesung eyeing Kyuhyun's face trying to find the truth behind the sweet and happy smiles that Kyuhyun shows to them . He remembers their conversation in Leeteuk's room last night .

Yesung walk into Leeteuk's room and notice there are Kangin and Heechul too . He thought Leeteuk only wants to meet him and Kangin . They sit on Leeteuk's bed except for Leeteuk who sit on the sofa in front of the bed .

" I want to talk about Kyuhyun ." says Leeteuk directly . When only the older line discussing something , the mood is automatically become serious and tense .

" You know he wasn't crying only because he misses us , am I right ?" asks Heechul with smirks on his face .

" Yeah...and Yesung , I know you want to say something ." says Leeteuk .

Yesung sighs before he continue ." I honestly thought Kyuhyun cried because of something else . Something must have happened to him in the mansion today and I feel it's because of aunty Hyerin ." explains Yesung .

" Actually , I thought the same too ...hyung . I don't think Aunty Hyerin is as nice as she always act in front of us . Once , I saw her looking at Kyuhyun with hatred when Kyuhyun was talking with appa during our dinner in Halmeoni house before . Trust me , hyung...I know exactly the way people looking at us ." says Kangin .

" I know right . So I wasn't alone to think the same . Did you guys remember when Kyu was confirmed as Appa's son at my clinic before ? When Kyu was fainted due to asthma attack , I noticed she was the only one who didn't do anything nor acting like she was panic or worry . If she really cares about Kyu , she must have come to Kyu too like Appa and all of us did . I can feel she don't really like our brother ." tells Heechul .

" Heechul-ah , you remember about the letter from Kyuhyun eomma before she left ?" asks Leeteuk . Heechul nods immediately .

" In that letter , she personally told us to protect Kyuhyun and she once told in that letter the reason why she ran away to our mansion before because she ran away from someone who was wanting to hurt her and the baby inside her at that time . I don't think she lied about that . Then I remember the story when Appa told me before , he said some incident had happen in the past which was the reason Kyuhyun eomma ran away and missing until she was found dead due to hit and run . Don't you think it wasn't coincidence ? What if Aunty Hyerin has something to do with all of this ?" says Leeteuk . At first , he wants to deny but when he heard Kyuhyun's crying voice earlier makes him thinks back what Yesung had told him in the office before .

" So what are we going to do ? We cannot judge her without any prove ." asks Kangin .

" We find out about it . Actually , hyung I already paid a someone to investigate about her though you asked me to not thinking about that earlier because I know something is wrong with her ." explains Yesung .

" You're great , Yeye !" Heechul exclaimes before he compose himself back .

" That's good Yesung , I'm sorry for not agreeing with you earlier ." Leeteuk pats the younger's shoulder softly .

" For now , let's keep this from the others first . They are studying ...so it will be hard for them if they're involve in this matter . Let's solve this quietly . " says Leeteuk as he doesn't want to make the middle line worry about this .

" I'll tell Hannie about this . He needs to know too ." says Heechul .

Leeteuk nods at him .

" Appa , you're not going inside ?" Leeteuk voice wakes Yesung from his thoughts as he is standing beside the older .

" No , Teukie...I've a meeting with someone today ." Jiwon replies with a smiles .

" Okay appa , be careful ." answers Leeteuk .

" Take care of Kyu...actually he wasn't really well last night . " says Jiwon as his eyes focusing on his son who is pampered by the others .

" Don't worry appa , we always will ." Yesung replies with a smiles . Leeteuk smiles hearing that from Yesung .

" Kyu...I'm going .Be a good boy and listen to your hyungs ." tells Jiwon when he approaches the boy and kisses the boy's forehead .

" Okay Appa..don't worry ." Kyuhyun gives a cute smiles to his father .

Jiwon leaves his son with the others and get inside the car . He waves at all of them when the car is drive out of the mansion . He sighs in relieves knowing his son in a good hands . Somehow , his heart tells him to let Kyuhyun stays with his brothers rather than staying with him when Hyerin is with them . He head to the location to meet with his private investigator to get the latest information .' Hyerin-ah , did you have anything to do with Min Ah's death ?' He thought .

 


Finish this chapter : )

Enjoy the reading <3