The Birthday ( Part 2 )

Our Little Star

Kyuhyun feels weird for these past three days . He notices it when most of his brothers try to avoid an eye contact with him . Everytime he wants to talk with them , they always said they have another things to do . " What's wrong with them ? Am I doing something wrong ? Even Hae hyung trying to avoid me ." He says to himself while looking at the ceiling in his bedroom . He pouts unconsciously thinking the others may angry at him for something .

' Tomorrow is my birthday . Why they still didn't ask about it ?' Kyuhyun thought . Usually , his brothers will make fuss about his birthday and keep pestering around him just to make sure he will recieve the presents from them as they would make a bet between them who's present Kyuhyun will accept first .

Like last year , Heechul won the bet as Kyuhyun recieved his present first and Donghae was the last one who able to give it to him . Heechul gave him a set of Xbox and the latest version of Starcraft while Donghae gave the delicious Chocolate fountain . Though , Kyuhyun actually didn't mind about the presence . He had a hard time to choose which present he was going to accept first since none of the presence were bad for him . The last place would recieved the punishment from the first place . As a results , Donghae had to help their maids to do the housechores for a week and recorded his crazy dance at the outside of the mansion . It was Heechul crazy ideas . 

" Are they forgetting about my birthday ? " Kyuhyun asks himself . " I can't blame them for it since they're always busy these days . Even Wookie hyung and Kibum hyung . It was difficult to meet them during recess nowadays ." He sighs .

He thought about his mother suddenly . ' Mother also didn't say anything to me .' 

Kyuhyun moves from his bed and walk out of the room to meet his mother . 

He knocks the door slowly before he opens it . Kyuhyun smiles at his mother when he sees his mother is reading a book on her bed . Without saying anything , Kyuhyun launches himself to his mother side .

" Kyu are you okay ?" Mrs Kim asks . She puts the book at the desk beside her and looks at her son lovingly . She knows why Kyuhyun acting like this . It's probably because the others try hard not to make an eye contact with him since they afraid they may blurt out the surprise event for Kyuhyun .

" Do you know what's wrong with hyungs ? They keep avoiding me these days . " Kyuhyun tells his mother . He lies on her mother laps .

Mrs Kim chuckles hearing it . " I don't know Kyunie , they're busy perhaps ? Don't worry , I'm sure it isn't their intention to ignore you . "

" Mother , do you know what day is tomorrow ?" Kyuhyun tries to put a hint .

" Hrmm , tomorrow is Wednesday . Why ?" Mrs Kim can sees Kyuhyun dissapointed face . She has agreed with the others to keep a secret about the surprise birthday party for Kyuhyun .

' I guess , mother don't remember it too .' Kyuhyun thought . " Nothing mother , I was just asking ." He smiles sadly .

" Can I sleep with you tonight ?" Kyuhyun adds . He just feels wanting to spend time with his mother tonight .

" Sure  , come on let's sleep now . You're going to school tomorrow ." says Mrs.Kim warmly . Kyuhyun nods at her . He lies properly on the bed and let his mother pats his back softly . He slowly drives into his dreamland . 

 

" Min , make sure you bring them back on time today . Wookie and Bummie , don't slip anything about today . Understand ?" whispers Hankyung at them . His eyes looking around the dining room to ensure Kyuhyun is not there .

" Yes , hyung ." Three of them reply in unison .

" Good morning ." a voice from behind shocking the twelve brothers . All of them looks at the owner of the voice who sits his usual place before take a toasted bread and strawberry jam without saying anything . Kyuhyun doesn't even look at his brother and only eats the bread silently .

" Good morning , Kyu ." They reply shortly . Seeing no reaction from the youngest , they're sure Kyuhyun must be upset since no one have wish his birthday yet . They looks at their mother who just shruggs not wanting to involve with matter .

Kyuhyun eats in a speed of light and finishes his hot chocolate . " I'm going to wait in the car ." Kyuhyun takes his school bag and leaves the dining room .

" Hyung , look at him . He must be upset , though ." says Ryeowook as he feels guilty towards the youngest for making him sad early in the morning .

" Don't worry , I'm sure he'll be happy after this . Just endure it until this evening .Can you look after him in school ?" asks Leeteuk . Ryeowook nods as the answer . 

After they're finish with their breakfast everyone goes to the usual routine except for Hankyung and Siwon who are the only one free from the any schedules . So , both of them decide to go for a shopping to decorate the house later . Mrs . Kim also will not be in the mansion as she wants to go somewhere with her driver .

 

Kyuhyun becomes more sulky when his only bestfriend , Changmin is also ignoring him in the class . He thought someone can make him feels better when come to school . Kyuhyun stares out of the window when the teacher is not looking at him . His mind wanders everywhere but class as he cannot focus at all . This is all hyung faults ! He thought . He feels like want to cry when nobody wished him his birthday  when he woke up this morning .

He didn't even join the recess with the others as he was too lazy and angry to do so . He didn't want to meet his brothers . Kyuhyun spends most of his time in the class for today . He is able to finish all of him homework that is given by his teacher .

Little did he know , Changmin take a glance at him . He can see Kyuhyun sad face though the boy doesn't look at him . What can he do ? He already promised with Kyuhyun's brother yesterday to keep the secret about Kyuhyun's birthday . 

Flashback..

Changmin have just finish his homework in the library when suddenly a boy come out of nowhere and sits in front of him . He shocks the moment he acknowledge the face .

" Ryeowook hyung ?" says Changmin half shout . He kind of nervous when his senior a.k.a Kyuhyun's brother sit in front of him .

He watches the older attitude as Ryeowook keep looking everywhere as if he's searching for someone . " Hyung ? What's wrong ?" asks Changmin .

" Changmin , do you know what is the day of tomorrow ?" Ryeowook stares at him . He let the younger take his time to think of it .

' Is there a special day tomorrow ? Other than Wednesday...' Changmin thinks" Aha!" Then he remembers of something .

" Kyu's birthday ! Am I right ?!" exclaimes Changmin excitedly . 

" Yah ! Slow down your voice !" Ryeowook smacks the younger head . Luckily , there are not many people in the library . Changmin looks down immediately and rubs his head . ' Ryeowook hyung is scary !' 

" Glad you remember it . So I need your help with something . Can you do that for me ?" Ryeowook continue .

" Help you with what hyung ?" 

" Tomorrow we're going to have a surprise birthday party for him . We'll invite you since you're his bestfriend . But , I don't want him to know about it since we're already keep this from him very well . So , can you not wish him his birthday tomorrow ?" explains Ryeowook .

" You mean , you don't want him to know that everyone acknowledge his birthday ?" Changmin asks to ensure . Ryeowook nods at him. 

Changmin thinks  for a while . He is sure Kyuhyun maybe upset since no one wish him a birthday . But , it'll be no harm right since they wanna hold a surprise party for him .

" Okay hyung . I can do that . " Changmin agrees earning a pats from Ryeowook . 

 

" I'm sorry Kyu . Just wait until this evening ." Changmin mumbles to himself . Then he continue to focus in class letting Kyuhyun in his own world.

The class end awfully for Kyuhyun . Kyuhyun cleans up his table and put all the book in the bag when Changmin nudges his elbow . " What ?" asks Kyuhyun .

" I'm going home first . I'm sorry I can't wait with you today since I have important thing to do ." answers Changmin and flashes a smile towards him making Kyuhyun's heart becomes more hurt . ' I thought he will the first one who's going to wish me .' Kyuhyun thought .

He looks at Changmin's back as the taller already walk out from the class . He sighs . Kyuhyun take his backpack and begin to walk towards the school gate . He can sees his two brothers already waiting for him with a smile . They wave a hand to him . ' For these three days , you guys keep ignoring me and now you're acting friendly with me ?' Kyuhyun replies their wave not wanting to be rude and sits beside them quietly .

Ryeowook and Kibum smile when they look at sulky Kyuhyun . To them , he looks too adorable . ' Just wait Kyu , you're going to be happy after this ." After a few minutes , Ryeowook quickly pull Kyuhyun to get in the car when Sungmin is arrived . Sungmin speeds to their mansion as he cannot wait to bring Kyuhyun home . He already recieved a messages from Shindong telling that everything is done . 

Kyuhyun have no idea when he looks at the excited Ryeowook and non-stop smiling Sungmin . Kibum just sits calmly beside Sungmin . The whole ride seems too long for Kyuhyun as he still feels dissapointed with his brother . His stomach is growling since he didn't eat anything from the morning . ' Pabo Kyuhyun , who told you not to eat during recess ?' His mind told him . He closes his eyes to let the hungry away from him . He doesn't want anyone notice it as he afraid to get mad by his brothers later . He fall asleep after that .

Sungmin looks at Kyuhyun from the backview mirror . He smiles seeing the youngest sleeping soundly . He tells Ryeowook not to wake Kyuhyun up until they arrive to the mansion .

" Hyung , should we wake him up ?" says Ryeowook almost whisper to Sungmin when the car has safely parking at the mansion .

" No , I'm sure he will wake him up on his own later . Let's go inside first and waiting for him ." Sungmin answers .

" I'm going inside first , hyung . To tell the other hyung to get ready ." says Kibum before he get out from the car .

Sungmin stop the engine car and slowly get out from the car with Ryeowook . They leave the car door opens .

 

Kyuhyun groans as soon as he wake up from his sleep . He looks around to with his sleepy eyes . " We're arrived ? Why they didn't wake me up ?" asks Kyuhyun . He begins to get angry with his brothers . He has hold it for a long time since they started ignoring him before this . " What's wrong with them ?!" Kyuhyun hisses .

Kyuhyun immediately get out from the car and close the door harshly . He doesn't care if Sungmin mad at him later . " Hyung !" shouts Kyuhyun as soon as he opens the front door . He runs to the living room to find his brothers but no one is there . The mansion is strangely quiet and dark . 

" Hyung , where are you ?!" He shouts again . ' why the house is dark ?' He thought . He starts to feel scared when there's no answers from everyone .

" Hyung , mother , where are you ?" His voice wavers . Then , a memory of the dream he had before this comes again where he was left alone in the dark place . 

" Hyung , where are you ? " Kyuhyun starts to sobs . He sits in the middle of the living room and bring his knees closer to his chest to make him as small as possible . He puts his face onto his knees and cry . He doesn't realise the mansion turn into bright again .

" Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday to you..Happy Birthday to our Kyuhyun..Happy Birthday to you.." a happy voices echo the mansion . Kyuhyun look up and see his twelve brothers , his mother and his bestfriend are smiling widely at him . There's a large chocolate cake on his mother's hand with a written ' Happy Birthday Kyuhyun , Sweet 16 ' on it . He unable to form any words and pour his tears again making the older surprise at his reaction .

The main living room is decorated with full of blue balloons as blue is Kyuhyun's favourite colour . There is a large chain of words ' Happy Birthday Our Baby Kyu' hanging on the wall . At the corner , a lot of presents are well arranged from the largest to the smallest . Out of the blue , there is a Elsa standee in a blue dress at another corner of the living room . It was Heechul idea though .  Thanks to Hankyung , Siwon and the twins with the help of their maids , they are managed to decorate the mansion within two hours . A lot of foods have prepared in the dining room and most of it are Kyuhyun's favourite .

" Hey baby , why are you crying . You don't like it ?" Heechul rushes at Kyuhyun side and the youngest back . His mother also joins at the other Kyuhyun side . The other brothers watch their youngest who still crying in Heechul's embrace . Donghae and Ryeowook who are known as the crybaby already cry when they see Kyuhyun's tears .

" Shhssh , We're sorry for not wishing you or pretending to not remember your birthday , Kyunie .We've planned this since last three days . It's not that we forget about your birthday , but we try to avoid you as much as we can since we afraid we might slip about this event ." Hankyung explains . He lower his body to be on the same level with Kyuhyun .

Kyuhyun listens to all his brothers as they keep soothing him with a warm words . He never expected this surprise as he knows his brothers are so busy with their own career and study . He feels so grateful as they willingly to put aside everything regarding work just to prepare this surprise party for him . Kyuhyun wipe off the tears on his face and smiles warmly at them .

" Thank you so much , hyung , mother . You don't have to do this , though . It's enough for me just to be with all of you ." says Kyuhyun . Then he hugs his mother .

" Aww , you're so sweet Kyu . " says Yesung with his hand ruffles Kyuhyun's hairs .

" Can I hug all of you ?" asks Kyuhyun with his adorable doe-eyes blinking cutely . Without saying anything , all of the brothers sit around him with his mother and make a group hug . Changmin only standing at the other side looking at the seen warmly . 

Kyuhyun notices Changmin who just standing there . " Minnie , what are you doing there ? Come and join us . You're my family too ." says Kyuhyun . With that , Changmin rushes to Kyuhyun and hug him tightly . They stay in that position for a while .

" Come on let's enjoy the party !" Eunhyuk shouts after they loosen their hug .

" Kyu , faster choose whose present do you want first ?" Sungmin asks excitedly . 

" Hyung , you guys still having this bet ?" He can't believes his brothers this childish .

" Of course we are . We wouldn't let this off once your birthday is coming ." Heechul replies . 

" Aigoo kids , let Kyunie cut his cake first and make his wish before we continue with the next  ." Leeteuk says calmly .

" Omo , come here Kyu . Make a wish !" Shindong pull Kyuhyun to the table with cake on it .

" You're just hungry right hyung ? That's why can't wait for Kyunie to cut the cake ." Donghae says teasingly .

" Yah , this kid !" Shindong wants to chase Donghae who already run away from the scene but Sungmin stop him .

" Ignore them , kyu . Faster , says your wish ." Hankyung ushers Kyuhyun to make a wish before he blows a candle on it .

They focus back on Kyuhyun who close his eyes to make a wish . They wonders what wish Kyuhyun have says in his mind . After that , he blows the candle and cut the cake . The others clap happily for him .

" What's your wish , Kyu ?" Donghae asks curiously .The others also waiting for the answers .

" It's a secret hyung ." says Kyuhyun and winks at the others .

They laughs at him . The next , they having so much fun by playing games ( truth or dare , arm wrestling , rock scissors paper ) with each other , open the presents which is the most waited events by the older brothers and having a happy dinner along with Changmin  . Kyuhyun have a great time on that day . This is one of the happiest moment for him . Having everyone he loves by his side .

' I wish they will always be my hyungs forever . From Teukie hyung to Bummie hyung . Although we're not blood related , but our bond are strong enough to stay together . Thank you mother , for taking me as your family . I wish all of you be healthy and stay with me . I love you all ' - Kyuhyun .

 


Done with this Chapter .

Enjoy the reading ...

Drop a comment if you feels want to :)

Thank you and Welcome to the new subscribers :)