Completing investigations - Offer/Push - Toc Toc

Tangled

 

 

Sungyeol hoped he didn’t get down with a fever. The discovery of two lawsuits had him fainting, but knowing things weren’t exactly what he thought was so overwhelming that he felt like a bus ran over him or something. He hoped he could talk Hoya into playing some game overnight because he surely wouldn't sleep well and maybe he would really come down with a fever.

He stopped in front of his door and tried practicing what he planned to be an indifferent expression, but every time he tried it seemed he couldn't fake them even if he spent two hours trying. He thought briefly about Sunggyu and hoped his brother would be playing in his room quietly so he could delay some explanations but he knew he wouldn't escape Hoya concerns. He inhaled deeply and pushed the door open, the sooner things started the sooner they would end, right?

Sungyeol entered his apartment only to see Dongwoo searching for something interesting on Netflix, but as soon the elder noticed the door opening noise he turned around happily to greet.

“Ho- Hi, Sungyeol!” The elder changed his greeting mid-sentence.

If Sungyeol was in his brightest moments he would have poked fun at the teacher but he only stretched his lips a bit. “ I own this apartment but I wasn't expected here…” He sighed as Dongwoo took a good look at him. “I need to kick Hoya hyung out.” He merely stated as he walked further inside the apartment as Dongwoo observed him.

“Was the meeting with Myungsoo's parents hard?” The elder asked in concern as Sungyeol sat beside him and shook his head.

“They treated me more politely than what I was expecting, just the truth is hard to handle.” Sungyeol said the took a quick look around while Dongwoo pulled his phone and typed quickly a message. “Where is Sunggyu and Hoya hyung?”

“At Myungsoo's.” Dongwoo said as he hit send then continued. “Woohyun wanted to play with his Lego so the boys went to play there and then Hoya just left to give Myungsoo some instructions before he went out for his match.”

“This is why you're alone here.” Sungyeol stated.

“This is why I'm alone here.” Dongwoo confirmed not knowing what else to say.

Sungyeol had a judgemental side he had been trying to suppress but, although with a push from Hoya,  his friendship with Dongwoo happened so smoothly… he liked the elder, he really liked, but at this moment he felt uncomfortable. Perhaps he felt too exposed since he knew he couldn’t conceal his expressions well.

“Sungyeol…” As soon Dongwoo opened his mouth Sungyeol could read his mind, and, no, he didn’t want to talk about it, not now at least, maybe in some hours.

“I’m gonna take a bath ok? Feel free to do whatever.” He quickly interrupted then got up and left the living room only for Dongwoo to sigh.

The teacher pursued his lips and returned to his search for good things to watch on Netflix when the door opened and this time there was no mistake, it was Hoya arriving with Sunggyu in his toll.

“Hoya!” Dongwoo greeted. “Finally you came!”

“Myungsoo’s parents just arrived to pick him up so I felt I would be kicked out soon.”

“Did you see my message?” The teacher asked as Sunggyu walked inside with a displeased face.

“Yeah, I…” Hoya halted his words when he heard two doors open and close which meant that Sungyeol came out of his room and entered the bathroom.

Sunggyu eyes lit up. “Did hyung arrived?” He asked in excitement. “ Now I can ask him if I can go watch Myungsoo hyung match with Woohyunnie.”

“Sunggyu, I don’t think it is a good idea… “ Dongwoo was about to stop Sunggyu to go see his brother but the boy dodged him and ran towards the bathroom while Hoya made a confused face.

“What happened?” The younger boyfriend asked.

“I think the conversation wasn’t that good.” As soon as Dongwoo said that Hoya ran after Sunggyu only to find the boy in front of the bathroom door.

“Hyung! Hyung! Hyung!” The boy knocked.

“Sunggyu, let’s play some shooting game, I think your brother wants to rest.” Hoya tried to coax before Sungyeol came out of that bathroom and used Sunggyu as a scapegoat.

“No, I want to talk to hyung.” Sunggyu said and kept knocking. “Hyung! Hyun--” Suddenly the door opened just a little and Hoya could foresee a fight beginning, but instead, Sungyeol used a soft tone.

“Gyu, hyung was preparing for a bath, what do you want?” He asked from inside but choosing to not show his face in the door gap.

“Ooh, sorry.” Sunggyu said with silly a smile as he retreated his hand from the knocking position it had assumed. “Hyung, can I go watch Myungsoo hyung match with Woohyunnie? Grandpa and Grandma will take us and we will meet uncle Moonsoo and Sungjong hyung there. I have to tell them the answer quickly, they will leave soon.” Sunggyu explained using an urgent tone, he wanted an answer, and he wanted urgently.

There was a brief silence that Hoya prayed to be nothing until Sungyeol spoke again. “You can go but you need to dress up accordingly.” Sungyeol said softly. “Do you want hyung to come out so you can take a bath first?” He offered.

“There is no time. Thank you hyung.” Sunggyu thanked then ran to his room in a hurry only for Hoya sigh relieved.

Sungyeol was about to close the door but Hoya held in place. “Are you ok?”

“No.” Sungyeol said sincerely. “But I would really appreciate if you let me take a bath.”

“You have ten minutes to come out or else I’ll barge in.” Hoya announced and Sungyeol wanted to roll his eyes but he didn’t have much energy for that, agreeing was easier.

“Ok.”

Hoya still squinted his eyes but let Sungyeol close the door then returned to the living room to try to inquire his boyfriend all he could before Sungyeol came out of the bathroom. Five minutes later, Sunggyu appeared all dressed up in a pair of jeans, a simple t-shirt, and a cardigan, saying bye to everyone before warm cardigan.

Hoya gasped when he saw Sungyeol tired appearance but the said man decided to ignore his surprised cousin.

“Has Sunggyu left yet?” He asked before the couple could ask him anything.

“He just left.” Dongwoo said and Sungyeol moved his eyes from him to Hoya.

“Good, now call your parents because we need to have a family talk.” He demanded.

_________________________________________________________________

The mood was weird. Surely, Sunggyu and Woohyun were busily discussing if they should go with a new song or an old song for the festival but Sonmi and Bumsoo seemed to be a bit worried since they came only to get even more when they met Sungjong and Moonsoo, their fight was not completely solved.

Myungsoo knew Sungjong didn’t know anything about his secret and that Moonsoo completely exaggerated things, still, his brother had been trying to protect him so he felt partially responsible for their fight. But honestly, what could he do? Well, he could tell Sungjong he liked him and that his fight with Sungyeol wouldn’t interfere in his relationship with the younger but he doubted his brother lover would feel the same way, he clearly took Sungyeol side and every now and then threw angry looks at him.

“You shouldn’t take this burden on you, it is their problem, let them solve them.” His father said with a pat on his back before pushing him towards the locker room and that’s when Myungsoo decided he would just let it go for now.

The group walked towards the bleachers to find some seats but it didn’t take long for Sungjong got up an announce he would go buy something just to avoid Moonsoo but then the said guy decided to follow him. Both parents were kind of worried but Sunggyu and Woohyun needed some distraction so they asked if the boys wanted to paint their faces only for the boys ask to be painted like warriors.

After Bumsoo did a quick search on the internet to find some examples Sonmi patiently painted both children faces for a while until someone started announcing the match start. Seoul U would be playing against Hongik University but at this point, they were only playing friendly games or for charity-related events. Even so, the players were trusting the rumors and their spirits were raised, they wanted everything to win. Myungsoo didn’t think he was in his top game because of the things that happened to him recently but his teammates' spirits rubbed on him and he caught himself being as just excited for the game.

It was not an easy match, HU had always excellent players and that’s why they were considered Seoul U enemies since Myungsoo joined the team. They were in as if this game was worth an Olympic medal and the Seoul team felt double pressure though they wouldn’t go down into a fight.

They were about to enter the court when the coach pulled Myungsoo the side a bit and whispered in his ear. “Myungsoo, you need to concentrate, we need you today.”

“I’ll do my best!” Myungsoo promised although his coach didn’t seem convinced because of his performance in the last match.

“If I think your performance is dropping, I will replace you.” The coach threatened although he hoped he didn’t get to this point.

Myungsoo only was able to sputter a ‘Yes, sir’ before one of his teammates came to drag him because the game was about to start.

To say they were giving their best was an understatement but these guys seemed to have analyzed their game thoroughly. Defense players were having trouble to do their job, offensive players were being intercepted, someone at some point was on time out and at the end of the second quarter, they were mostly losing. Not by much but still losing.

Woohyun and Sunggyu watched the game apprehensively until it was time for a break and while the coach made instructions to the players, the boys remembered they were promised food by the two young adults that hadn’t come back yet. Bumsoo and Sonmi also found weird the two young adults hadn’t come back so Bumsoo got down the bleachers to look for them or at least to buy some snacks for the kids. Bumsoo found out that Moonsoo and Sungjong had been in a corner discussing their relationship so he just made a signal he would cover the kids' snacks for them and continued with his mission.

By the time he came back with some cola and the snacks the break was about to end and things were not looking good. Myungsoo team seemed a little nervous like they didn’t believe the strategy from the coach would really work, as they waited for the break is over after the coach instructed them.

“This is not gonna work.” A player called Wooseok complained.

“Hyung is right, we are already doing the possible and the impossible but they always intercept us and score.” The maknae of the team, Eunwoo, said.

“, it seems that each player studied not only our team strategies but our individual movement pattern too.” Minho complained.

“If we keep this up we are certainly gonna lose, not only this match but the chance to be professional if there is someone important watching.” Jungshin added a second later.

“Let’s confuse them then.” Myungsoo blurted and the rest looked at him with furrowed brows, totally confused. The young dad thought fast how to explain his plan because he knew these guys were good players that had talent enough to play in other positions whenever they were playing around and that was extremely convenient right now. “Look, let’s start as the coach want us, but as soon as we have the ball in our possession we all change positions.” Myungsoo suggested excitedly.

“Have you gone crazy?” Jungshin asked in disbelief.

“Look, I know each player here has their strong points but it is not like any of us is completely useless in other positions. If we act like we are playing in other positions we will confuse them, everything they know will be useless and then we create an opportunity to use our best skills.” The young dad continued.

“Hyung, you’re your best shooter and you don’t want to shoot? Is this even a strategy?”Eunwoo said scandalized.

“What? I can run 90 minutes if I need to and I’m the smallest, I could steal the ball from underneath their noses. And no, this wouldn’t be the main strategy just a trick.” Myungsoo quickly shook his head, the time was passing quickly and the coach was coming to them again.

“Hey, they are winning because they know what to expect, maybe we should play as unpredictable as we can, strategy-wise too.” Minho said as he was accepting and getting excited with Myungsoo idea

“Like street style?” Wooseok asked raising a brow.

“Without fighting each other for the spotlight though, if there are opportunities we pass the ball and score, the important thing is to score.” Myungsoo said with confidence. “We can do this, are you in it for it?” He asked only to be interrupted by the coach.

“Time is up, get your to the court.” He ordered.

They walked back to the court with renewed fire in their eyes while silently nodding to each other then positioned themselves because the third quarter would be a major change on this game.

It was a confusion at the beginning and no one could understand what was going on.

“What are you doing? What are you doing? Go back to your positions!” The coach screamed enraged at his rogue players.

Despite his tall frame, Eunwoo had stolen the ball from underneath his opponent and the second he secured the ball all the other four players changed positions which confused the team. He then passed the ball to Minho that started moving forward and saw that Myungsoo found a way to mislead his opponent and be free to receive the ball. Once the ball was in his hands, instead of shooting from where he was as people expected him to, he deceived the guy marking him using good footwork that he knew from playing and watching game with Woohyun, passed the ball behind him while giving a first step towards the basket and dunked using his left hand. It wasn't his usual long shoot trademark but those two points not only shortened the difference in the score but gave the team the confidence that they could do that.

Hongik University team tried hard to make sense of this game but Seoul U team was confusing them.

Before they could predict which kind of movement Myungsoo’s team would do because they knew the player weakness in that position, but now they were offensively playing and doing movements they didn’t try in the past half.

The coach was about to replace Jungshin when the team aggressive street style started scoring more often. He couldn’t believe they were pulling off playing in different positions, confusing the opponent as they were doing, without fighting for the spotlight or making fouls left and right. Every player used different movements because when playing on the street they would often mimic the signature moves from their favorite player for fun, and that was a huge advantage today. Each movement seemed unpredictable, with fast dribbles and last second blockings, and even when players were about to collide, they turned their bodies on the last second.

By the end of the third quarter, the players from Hongik University that thought this match was already won learned that the match only ends when the whistle blows, Seoul U was still in it to kick their asses and now they led by a few points.

There was a 2-minute break between the quarters in which each player on Seoul U team congratulated each other for the good job they just did and then the coach came roaring.

“You did nothing as I told you to!” He complained as the guys took advantage of the scolding time to drink some water. “But now that you started this continue until we win, we are leading the score, we just need more ten minutes. I know eventually they will score, we just need to score more.”

Myungsoo smiled proudly when he heard the coach complimenting their new strategy then he tuned out his voice to search for Woohyun in the crowd, the boy liked whenever he did hand gestures to him. Myungsoo found Woohyun pompoms easily and he was ready to throw a wink his way and make two thumbs up when he spotted a tall and skinny man sitting beside Sunggyu and opening some sort of package for him while Moonsoo was nowhere to be found.

It was too far and was hard to recognize the guy because he wasn’t looking straight at him but instead paying attention to Sunggyu but either way his heart started to beat faster, was this Sungyeol? Someone poked him on the shoulder and he instinctively started walking because the last quarter was about to begin, but he couldn’t believe the elder was there to see him play. What is he even thinking? Had he gone crazy? He didn’t know why but he felt the need to impress.

The game restarted with the children happily cheering (although they weren’t screaming because they had a festival to sing on) and the coach biting his nails. Honsik University had seemed to accept that the unpredictable would come but Seoul U took advantage of every hesitation move or mistake to steal the ball and score but, at this point, it wasn’t enough if they maintained the difference and lead the score, the public started to beg for Myungsoo trademark moves.

“Long shoot! Long shoot!” They started to chant and Myungsoo could see his teammates were a bit confused or distracted with that.

“Keep strategy!” Myungsoo would shout whenever he was in direct contact with another player and that seemed to bring the guys focus back before they completely lost it.

In the end, they rearranged themselves in the court while having the ball but, since Jungshin had not looked where Minho was, he ended up passing the ball to the opponent that quickly passed the ball ahead to another player that seemed to have all the space for a perfect dunk. Seeing that, Wooseok pulled the greatest effort that he ever did and started to run as fast as he could to avoid that, and by the time the guy jumped, he jumped a second later and was able to block the ball the last second as his idol Lebron James often did. Eunwoo managed to get the ball and promptly shoot to Minho so he could take further their offensive moment and all the players started to back to either support him or stop him.

Myungsoo had all the intention to run from the free throw line to his left, along the sideline, then  penetrate between other players in order to be certified that his team could have the ball if whoever was shooting missed the basket, but when he was in the middle of it things changed completely because the ball was thrown his way.  He just had crossed the middle line and the ball had missed a player from the opposite team because the guy couldn’t stop in time and suddenly the ball was almost in his face. He managed to take a step back in order to grab the ball while noticing the others weren’t well positioned yet, the next thing he knew the player that had been marking him before came back and he just knew he had one chance.

He made it seem like he was going to avoid the guy and run to his right, and when the guy accompanied him, he kept his left foot on the ground turned his body then jumped back at the same time he shoot the ball. Myungsoo didn’t paid much attention at the time whenever he was playing, he stopped whenever the whistle was blown, therefore he stopped right after he threw the ball and waited anxiously because the ball was still in the air and, if it entered the basket, it was a valid point.

The ball entered the basket and Myungsoo spent a few seconds not believing it until his teammates came yelling in happiness to hug him and hold him on someone (he thought it was Jungshin) shoulders.

“I can’t believe it.” The coach said as he hugged Minho.

“It workeeeeeeed!” Eunwoo chanted as he jumped around Jungshin/ Myungsoo

Wooseok shook one of Myungsoo’s feet in order to scream. “Hyung, you set a record, I’m sure.” He said and Myungsoo knew he was talking about the longest shot he ever made. At this point, he had bee already moved around so he couldn’t confirm it but he agreed that maybe this one broke his personal record.

He screamed then, he screamed hard from pure happiness and then he looked at Woohyun to make the usual W with his fingers for him, and although he did - and Woohyun was happy for it - this time he was able to see that the one beside Sunggyu wasn’t Sungyeol, but Sungjong that was happily clapping and seemed in a better mood than earlier today. Suddenly half of his happiness was taken away.

He asked to come down from Jungshin shoulders when he spotted his parents, brother and son trying to reach him and he commemorated with them for a bit while Moonsoo took photos of the moment, but it was like he didn’t feel complete, something was missing, something named Sungyeol.

After that, he tried to squeeze his way between people to go to the locker room, his family said they would be waiting to have dinner together and he knew people would excuse him for not celebrating further. They knew if his family watched him he would celebrate with them, besides Myungsoo rather spent time with his son, although not everyone knew about him.

He was almost reaching the lockers when someone stopped him.

“Kim Myungsoo?” A small and mustached man interrupted his pace.

“Yes?” Myungsoo asked suspiciously, who was this one?

“I’m Lee Jinho, I’m Kim Mingoo agent and I was hoping we could have a talk, you play well.” The guy said as he offered a hand and Myungsoo gulped hard as his eyes became big. So it was happening? This was not a rumor? This was not a drill either? Seeing that Myungsoo seemed kind of frozen, the guy didn’t got amused instead of offended. “You heard about him right?”

“Yes, of course, Mingoo sunbaenim is a great inspiration.” Myungsoo came out of his reverie and finally shook the guy hand.

“Great, how about we go dinner somewhere so we can talk some business?” The guy asked once they let go of each other hands.

“I really wish I could but… my family is waiting for me.” Myungsoo said as he worriedly bit his lip.

“It’s ok then.” The guy smiled and pulled a business card out of his pocket. “I hope we can schedule a meeting some other time soon if you want to. A talent like you needs to shine and I hope I can help you with that .”

“Th-thank you.” Myungsoo shyly took the compliment. “Mr. Lee, until when this is valid?” Myungsoo hesitantly asked as he showed the business card.

“Had you received another offer already?” The guy gasped in surprise.

“No, it is just I have to graduate really soon and I have little time to wrap my studies, I kinda need to focus.”

The guy relaxed and smiled. “It would be good if we could sit down and talk but, for you, I’d take a call until a day before the documents have to be sent to the draft.”

Myungsoo wasn’t dumb. When he heard the rumor from Dongwoo and wasn’t in the mood to work on his project, he took a peek at those deadlines, at least he knew he had enough time to think about it.

“Oh, that’s time enough.” He said making sure to add a smile and show his charming dimples.

“Then I’ll wait for your call. Bye Myungsoo-shi, see you soon.” The guy shook his hand once again and turned around, meanwhile Myungsoo couldn’t believe what just happened.

_________________________________________________________

They made a video conference and Sungyeol was able to start a long inquire on Hoya his auntie and uncle about things that he heard from Sonmi and Bumsoo today.

It turns out that his father had mentioned his mother debt at some point but he kept quiet about problems of his marriage and how he had been treating his wife. Hoya’s father said he suspected things weren’t as they were in the beginning but was horrified when Sungyeol told them about how his father treated his mother. Hoya’s mother told him that his father didn’t even comment on their divorce and she only came to know when Sonmi asked to take care of Sungyeol while they solved the divorce.

They said Sungyeol parents became distant through the years and when they chose to adopt they searched for a boy Sungyeol age - and thank god they fell in love with Howon, they said proudly - because they hoped the kids' friendship would also bring the adults close again. But since Sungyeol studied in a private academy they only tried to encourage their friendship whenever he was on a break and that Sonmi only allowed Sungjong to spend days with them after he was three but when he grew up a bit he came over a lot. Well, that coincided with what his mom wrote and what Sonmi told him.

When asked about his bullying, they had explained that his parents expressed in different times that they didn’t believe that all his broken fingers were an accident but they couldn’t prove anything so they been upset over that. His auntie said that every medical checkup that she ever did on Sungyeol she didn’t find bruises and that drove his mother crazy.

Sungyeol asked why didn’t they just changed his school then because even without proof that would have protected him. Hoya’s parents seemed awkward with that question, they said his parents couldn’t agree. Sonmi insisted on the best education and development for Sungyeol and she thought that if she took him out of that school she needed to send him abroad. She didn’t like this option and Sungyeol father much less, not only his child would be far, he didn’t want to pay for these kinds of school in foreign currency because it would probably be triple the price he was already against it, and Sonmi had more money but didn’t have the triple to send him to a private academy in America.

When asked about the lawsuit, they said they had conversations with police and psychologists to explain what they knew but at the end, they didn’t seem fit for testimony since.

“All the medical reports I did weren’t useful, first because I’m your aunt so I was seen as biased, second because I couldn’t find any proof so my medical reports would have helped the school instead, third because the sleeping pills you took were mine, and although I never took them in your presence, they could make your entire lawsuit be seen as negligence and improper child care by your family members” His aunt said in guilt. “The thing we could do for you at the time was to welcome you in our house, throw my pills away and then keep an eagle eye on you while your mother busily tried to sue you.”

“Why didn’t you tell me she was suing people?” Sungyeol has asked.

“Sungyeol, we couldn’t even say her name that you were ready to throw things in anger. Once you started talking to her again we thought that she had told you, we didn’t know you weren’t aware of that until you fainted.” Sungyeol uncle said a second later.

It took some time for Sungyeol to believe, it took some time for him to be inquired on his health too, it took some time for Hoya to be scolded about something Sungyeol and Dongwoo couldn’t even understand properly but at this point the teacher decided it was best if he fixed dinner because the other two didn’t seem so close to ending that videoconference.

Meanwhile, for Myungsoo, the mood during dinner was considerably better, not only because his team had won with a beautiful move and a long shot, but because he had to keep retelling  tell the kids over and over about his encounter with the agent< which left the kids excited, until Bumsoo ordered them to quiet down and eat. Also, even though Sungjong spent most of the dinner quietly furring his brows at his phone, it seemed like things between him and Moonsoo seemed to have calmed down. At least seemed so because Sungjong accepted to hold Moonsoo’s hand and let his hair be played with.

When they finished eating, Bumsoo gave his credit card for Sonmi to pay their bill and she got up to do that as Bumsoo and Moonsoo got up to pick their car leaving Myungsoo Sungjong and the kids behind, but it didn’t take long for Sungjong to tell the kids to go wash their hands so he could be alone for a minute. The young dad gulped hard because, even though he didn’t have anything against Sungjong, it was uncomfortable to talk directly with him since he knew the younger sided with his brother.

“It seems that you and Moonsoo made up, congrats.” He tried to say as the boys made their wait to the male bathroom but once they disappeared behind the door, Sungjong turned around to talk to him.

“We didn’t makeup before because he wasn’t telling me the truth, but he explained he was afraid of exposing a secret of yours and, because I know how this is, I forgave him. It wasn’t really a fight because any of us is doing anything bad to the other, we merely placed loyalties.” Sungjong quickly explained. “I wonder what is in the letters that he was afraid that we would discover.”

Myungsoo tried to speak confidently. “Probably nothing that interesting, my childhood was mundane compared to his.”

“Maybe that is true, but when I asked to read our mom’s letter he said he already got rid of them so I’d say he already found whatever he was looking for.”

“I think he lost his time.” Myungsoo insisted as he tried to seem indifferent but that seemed to anger the younger a bit.

“Don’t say that. You’re not together anymore but hyung doesn’t consider time invested on you waste of his time by anyway. I know you don’t think Sungyeol hyung loves you but he does.” Myungsoo was about to brush this away but Sungjong continued. “I know you don’t believe him, I know how hard it is to believe when we are insecure. Growing in Sungyeol hyung shadow wasn’t easy and dating him might not be for you as well...” Myungsoo promptly looked away.

“But the need for approval is inherent to us because the human being wants to belong, we are all insecure in a way or another, even Sungyeol hyung was insecure…”  That managed to surprise the young dad enough for him to move his eyes back on Sungjong. “...this is why he is trying to fix all his bad sides and reflect on his mistake so he can be worthy of you. And I can tell you as his brother he came a long way already.”

Noticing the kids were coming back Sungjong quickly tried to wrap it up. “I know why you were so offended but he didn’t mean that he knows he wasn’t clear and he would explain and apologize if you gave him a chance”

The boys came showing their clean hands and Sonmi, that had been observing Myungsoo and Sungjong from afar, approached them just in time to hear honks from outside, Moonsoo and Bumsoo probably already arrived with the cars. They came out and Sungjong said his goodbyes to the kids and thanked for the food before he entered Moonsoo car and they left. Myungsoo helped the kids inside the car and closed the door before he and his mother turned around the car to enter from the other doors, but before he could do that he stopped his mom for a second.

“Mom, I need you to spend some time with Woohyun this Sunday.” He said with an urgent tone that made Sonmi think about that her son conversation with her and Sungjong might push him to talk to Sungyeol so she didn’t even discuss.

“Of course.” She said and proceeded to her sit while doing the same and after Bum Soo took off she turned around to address the kids. “Oppa, do you want to go to the beach tomorrow? We could sit around or play in the sand then go for the movies...” Bumsoo threw a look of confusion, he was tired, he knew she was tired, why was she asking that?

She quickly made a sign to behind and Bumsoo seemed to get the hint. “I’m tired but if Namu were come to play with us I’d be recharged. Can we take him Myungsoo?” He asked.

“Of course, dad.” Myungsoo said with a smile

“But we have to rehearse the song for the festival,” Woohyun said with a hint of betrayal.

“Have you even managed to choose one, buddy?” Myungsoo asked as he caressed his son's hair.

“No.” The boy replied sheepishly.

“But we have to, quickly.” Sunggyu butted with a tone that was too business-like for a kid his age.

“Why don’t you come too Sunggyu? You can ask your brother permission then I can help you choose the song and then our house is big, you two could rehearse through the day and nobody would complain.” Sonmi invited with what she thought it would tempt them. Well, at least it worked right away for Woohyun because it got him excited.

“Oh, hyung please, let’s go to Incheon, if no one hears us rehearsing then we can really make a surprise.” Woohyun elbowed his friend a bit.

“I don’t know, Sungyeol hyung will be alone.” The boy hesitated

“But Hoya hyung is there.” Woohyun pointed as if he wouldn’t understand what the big deal is, also because he hadn’t seen Sungyeol wrecked stated after the conversation with Myungsoo’s parents. “And hyung said he was not getting sick because he has to help daddy.”

After hearing that Sunggyu was at loss of arguments. “I can ask him.”

“Good, we will wait a bit for you to pack.” She said to the boys then looked from the rearview mirror to her son. “I’ll bring them back before dinner.”

_________________________________________________

When Sunggyu arrived home he found Dongwoo eating quietly at the coffee table while putting another movie on Netflix and Sungyeol and Hoya were in front of his brother laptop busily talking with unknown people as Hoya ate although the tallest plate was untouched.

“Hi.” He announced his presence and the three hyungs almost jumped from their places.

“Sunggyu, you came, how did it go?” Dongwoo beckoned him closer to not bother the other two in their problem-solving quest and the boy came close.

“It was nice hyung, Myungsoo hyung played in a different position today.” He said and Hoya and Sungyeol stopped on their tracks to look at each other. The next second Hoya was telling his parents goodbye and Sungyeol hid half of his face with his sleeve and then both turned to hear the boy. “But they won the match.”

“Because he is so talented.” Dongwoo said with a smile and Sunggyu nodded in agreement.

“He is so talented that a guy wanted to give him a job like hyungs planned.” Sunggyu informed happily.

“It happened, it really happened.”Sungyeol held a smile and Hoya started to elbow his cousin in excitement until the tallest snapped his elbow away.

“Now he won’t go away.” Sunggyu informed with a satisfied smile, not noticing Sungyeol tired eyes.

“But it was your brother idea so all the credit goes to him, though don’t tell Myungsoo about this yet.” Hoya said after some cheering movements. “It is a surprise.” Sunggyu promptly nodded before he paid attention to his brother.

“Hyung, grandpa, and grandpa invited me to Incheon this time, Woohyunnie wants to rehearse the song there because no one will listen, can I ...?” He halted his words when he finally noticed. “Are you getting sick hyung? Do you want me to stay to take care of you? I’m sure Woohyunnie will understand.”

Sunggyu concern was cute, really, and the proof that his relationship with Sungyeol completely changed but the taller didn’t want Sunggyu worrying over him like that besides he thought he needed some time to digest things so it would good if the maknae could spend some time away, he would manage to kick Hoya out later.

“I think I’m coming down with a cold, maybe you should go to Incheon, if you catch it you won’t be able to sing.” Sungyeol tried to lie, but at this point, it wasn’t like he wasn’t saying the truth, maybe he was about to get down with something.

“But, hyung, what if…”

“Hoya hyung will take care of me, I’ll be fine.” Sungyeol said with the most optimistic tone he could muster.

“Yeah, we were just talking to my mom and she told me which meds we should treat your brother with, he just needs to rest.”

“Are you sure I can go?” Sunggyu asked once more hesitantly, he wanted to go so badly but at the same time, he didn’t want his hyung to get sick.

“Yes, it is ok, if you need to pack, go ahead.” Sungyeol assured.

“Ok.” After Sunggyu was convinced and dashed to his room to pack a bag, Dongwoo looked at the two as Hoya looked at Sungyeol.

“Want to continue what we were doing when he is out?” Hoya said and took a bite from his food.

“No, thank you? My head is almost spinning with so many information.” Sungyeol said assertively then sighed defeatedly.

“Yeah, mom said you should take slow so maybe it is better if we stop uncovering secrets for a while.” He squinted his eyes at Sungyeol. “Promise you’ll really take slow.”

Sungyeol lifted his right hand as if he was about to swear on the bible. “I swear, besides I got to work on Monday, I won’t have the time.”

“I don’t think you should go back to work, I think you might really come down with something.” Dongwoo said as he inspected Sungyeol from the sofá.

Hoya placed left his plate at the table and placed a hand on Sungyeol forehead. “I wouldn’t say you have a fever but you are warm, maybe it’s better if we treat you sooner.” He got up to search for some meds. “These kinds of meds leave you sleepy, you might benefit from the side effects.”

“Oh, finally you want to help me with that.” Sungyeol said sarcastically.

“You’re feverish, that’s why.” Hoya said from the kitchen. “I’ll make some tea too.” He added and while Dongwoo felt proud that his boyfriend was so caring and he didn’t feel any kind of jealousy because Hoya was his, Sungyeol thought Hoya was an old lady hidden in that brute body.

“Hyung, just take him away.” Sungyeol turned to Dongwoo and pleaded at the moment Sunggyu came out with his backpack. “Did you pack your pajamas?” He asked the boy.

“Yes.” The boy replied.

“Toothbrush?”

“Yes.”

“Boxers.”

“Yes.”

“Sunggyu, you didn’t forget anything right? If you forgot, Woohyun clothes won’t fit you.” Sungyeol slightly scolded.

“Yeeeeeeeees.” The boy rolled his eyes and started walking towards his brother.

“Nooo, you can catch it.” Sungyeol said as he placed a hand up and spread his finger in a clear signal for the boy to stop while he still kept covering half of his face, for Sunggyu to not notice and don't get worried.

“Oh, right.” Sunggyu smiled sheepishly then changed his way and walked towards the door. “Bye hyungs, I'll come back tomorrow by dinner time.”

“Have fun Sunggyu, ask Myungsoo parents to send me a message so I know you got there.” Sungyeol waved and Sunggyu nodded.

“You better take care of yourself hyung. I want to see you healthy when I come back.” The boy slightly threatened before disappearing behind the door.

“Have you guys heard that?” Sungyeol blinked, he didn't know if he should find that funny, get annoyed or pissed at the kid audacity to threaten him as if he was the one that called the shots in this household. “The audacity!” He said as he decided he felt flabbergasted.

“I told you he is like a mini mafia boss in school, but no, you don't do a thing about it.” Dongwoo half glared at Sungyeol as the taller dragged his feet towards the couch.

“you have been trying for hours, have you found anything we can watch? I want to disconnect from everything I discovered today and give my brain a break, i feel like my head will explode. ” Sungyeol said with a sigh as he decided to ignore Dongwoo remark.

“I dunno, I kinda want to see Umbrella Academy.” Dongwoo said then looked at his lover back in the kitchen. “Hoya are you good with Umbrella Academy?”

“Yes! But wait a minute, I’m arriving in a minute.”

Dongwoo played the series and stopped right away before they actually could watch anything while Sungyeol pulled his legs into the couch and curled himself in a ball. Dongwoo wanted to hug Sungyeol, comfort him somehow, but he was aware that the taller wasn’t in a mood for hugs and that he hadn't any words that could be effective because, knowing that things quite not worked how Sungyeol thought didn't exactly erase what happened right?

His thought was interrupted by the sound of the kids excitedly talking amongst themselves outside until their voices became distant then disappeared when Hoya arrived with an infusion tea and a pill for Sungyeol.

“Take it, you'll feel better soon.” He passed the cup and the pill to Sungyeol that didn't fuss over while Hoya nested himself in Dongwoo arms despite him being slightly bigger. They hit play on the series and Sungyeol placed his cup over the coffee table then adjusted himself on the other side of the couch to watch.

Ten minutes on the first episode and Sungyeol wasn't sure what that series was really about, not that there was a big problem in the plot in such short time but he definitely wasn't paying attention. He had accepted to watch this in the hopes he would take his mind from the things he discovered today and that had actually happened, but not because the series distract him but because Dongwoo and Hoya beside him replaced the things in his head.

Both of them were paying attention to tv but Dongwoo made sure to hold Hoya and caress his hair  while the younger rubbed the elder belly over the shirt. Sungyeol wasn't much into kinship because of what he went through, but the learned to like to do with Myungsoo and suddenly he regretted that they never had an opportunity to have this kind of moment together, where they could simply show their love in the most simplistic way.

His eyes filled with tears and he tried to will them away until he side-eyed the other two and discovered they were so involved in the series he was the last thing on their brain. He quickly wiped his eyes and decided that it would probably be better for him to inconspicuously  leave the couple alone, to enjoy themselves a bit, and just try to sleep. Still side-eyeing the couple, he quickly tried to escape and go to his room, he was about to enter the small corridor on his apartment when they all heard knocks on the front door.

“OMG!” Dongwoo practically jumped on his place because he was so concentrated that the knock on the door had startled him.

On the other hand, Hoya felt more startled by Dongwoo’s movements underneath him than the knock itself but he quickly forgot about that when he didn't see Sungyeol on the couch.

“Omg, we didn't even seen him get out of the couch, where…” His voice came almost panicking but he halted his words and let out a sigh of relief when he saw Sungyeol coming back.

There were knocking sounds again. It seemed more urgent and Sungyeol walked towards the door to open as the couple on the couch asked themselves who could it be, but they couldn't guess so decided to just watch Sungyeol and wait for him to open the door.

Sungyeol also seemed confused. Sunggyu was out to Incheon, Dongwoo and Hoya, were in his couch, he just talked to his family members and then Chanyeol came to his building a couple of times but Sungyeol had never invited him in so the guy wouldn't know his apartment. He did some quick math on his head, excluding Myungsoo, Moonsoo and Sungjong (This one wouldn't knock, he had the key) and then it seemed more plausible to him that it could be one of his other neighbors, Ms. Baek, that made something for Sunggyu to eat.

He opened the door and was ready to tell her that it wasn't the best times when his eyes doubled its size when he registered who was nervously standing in front of them.

“Hey…” The greeting came out hesitant and both Dongwoo and Hoya gasped when they recognized Myungsoo voice so they tried to stick their necks in order to properly see what was going on.

They kept looking into each other for a whole five seconds and while Myungsoo seemed to be surprised with Sungyeol presence, the said man needed that time to register the younger presence at his door. The younger didn’t say anything else so Sungyeol decided to take the lead and talk about anything too Myungsoo at least know he was ok with seeing Myungsoo outside the college, but he decided that the best thing was to use Myungsoo project.

“You're here because you need the notes you forgot, right?” He asked trying his best to stay cool. “ Just a minute, I’m gonna get them.” Sungyeol made sure to leave the door completely open and was about to go to his room to get the said notes when the young dad interrupted him.

“Actually…” He said and Sungyeol stopped in his tracks to look at him. The young dad seemed a little hesitant but then gulped hard and spoke in a low but soft tone. “Can we... can we talk?”

Sungyeol didn't know what kind of talk his neighbor wanted so he looked at the ground for a brief instant and wondered what should he do. He wasn't much in the mood to play adviser but if he were to tell Myungsoo he wasn't feeling well and that questions should be answered through email or in college he thought it might scare the younger of any kind of conversation later. He ended up deciding to ask to avoid possible misunderstandings.

“Is this about your project? I could instruct you here if it is urgent, but this isn't the best moment for me because…” Sungyeol was about to explain while the couple behind him pulled their hair in frustrated motions but Myungsoo interrupted him.

“No, not the project…” Myungsoo murmured while looking in the elder eyes and Sungyeol was sure he didn't talk more than that but he was sure he could hear the younger voice in his head saying about us.

“Did things changed? Do you think this is the right moment for you?” Sungyeol asked back and the couple behind him were obviously trying to lean their bodies to better hear them.

“There isn’t really a right moment.” Myungsoo looked at the ground. “But I need to put my focus on the right place.”

Myungsoo wasn't always the most direct person either but by now Sungyeol could read between some lines and he knew perfectly well that their personal situation was bothering the younger, maybe more he was letting on. In that case, things were different, this was an opportunity he couldn’t miss.

Finally, they heard someone fall to the ground behind Sungyeol, and while Myungsoo tried to look past the taller, the said man just knew what he had to do.

Sungyeol raised an assuring finger up. “Just a second.”

The taller promptly turned around only to discover that it was Hoya that fell behind him. Sungyeol wanted to scold his cousin, but he hadn’t much time - Myungsoo seemed a bit hesitant so he might regret coming there - so he knew exactly what he needed to do.

“Sorry but out.” He demanded but maybe he didn't need to be so assertive because Dongwoo got up in fast speed then prompted Hoya up only to drag him out.

“Bye Yeol, Bye Myungsoo, see you guys on Monday.” The pink haired teacher said with an apologetic smile as he tried to pass them by with Hoya.

Sungyeol then stepped to the side and waited for the couple come out and younger enter his apartment but, before the young dad could do that, Hoya pulled him to the side.

“Don't give him another pill.” Hoya said and while Myungsoo got confused Sungyeol was done with his cousin.

“Yah!” He complained but Hoya wouldn’t leave without some confirmation.

“Yes, boss?” He said unsure to what had been said to him and only then Hoya relaxed his body and that was enough for his boyfriend to drag him out.

“Please ask him to eat?” Hoya asked as he knew Myungsoo kept looking at him.

“Shut up for god sake!” Dongwoo scolded a second later then pushed Hoya to take the stairs, he wouldn't wait for the lift or else he would probably have to dig a hole to hide.

Once the door to the stairs was closed, he looked at Sungyeol but didn’t move so the said man guessed regret was already growing within the other. “If you’re not comfortable we can go the coffee shop down the block.” He offered.

Myungsoo took a deep breath, shook his head and finally entered his neighbor apartment.

 

 

__________________________________________________

AN: I was planning to update before my birthday but I managed to board an earlier flight and that screwed with the time I reserved for writing. Also I was down with the recent news, not only I felt crazily angry but I wondered if I made a mistake writing and updating a chapter with similar content at the same time or if should rewrite some scenes I wrote not only in Tangled but in DYWTKAS too. I debated myself for some time and asked the opinion of a few readers, after that, I was able to finish the chapter and hid it. I wanted to update yesterday but doing things through the phone is all kind of difficult and I had little time between celebrations because I spent most of the time alone and basically don't know anyone in this city yet so I crave meeting people when I go to my hometown.

On another note.... Guys, Myungyeol convo is happening next chapter, this is not a drill, tell me how you imagine their convo.