Nightmares - Request - Revelations

Tangled
 
 

After his bath, Myungsoo tried to contact his brother so he could apologize, but the younger was still avoiding his call. He dried his hair after that and once he went back to the room he saw Woohyun was already sleeping and Sunggyu was in the process of doing so - with Sungyeol patting his head and assuring he would teach the boy to swim tomorrow – so Myungsoo went directly for his mattress and laid down there.

Myungsoo rested his head on a pillow and hugged another one to sleep, but sleep took a time to come to him, mainly when Sungyeol laid down on the mattress beside his. As for the taller neighbor, he felt too much adrenaline on his body to be able to even think about sleeping and it was only when Myungsoo turned his back to him (supposedly settling in a good position to sleep) that it occurred to him that he could do the same and pretend Myungsoo wasn't there.

Both of them were awoken by small feet running inside the room and jumping to wake them. The boys woke up a bit early and found out the grandparents already making breakfast so they only came back when it was time for everyone to eat. After eating, dressing up - Sungyeol wore a black shirt over his body because, really, his body was nothing like Myungsoo's - and a lot of sun block (mainly on Sung brothers), the six of them headed for the pool. Myungsoo's dad would prepare the grill while the mom would is preparing the meat and the two young adults and the kids headed to the pool.

The first to enter was Woohyun, the boy couldn't touch the bottom of it but he could swim a bit and float, his father entered right after him making a huge splash on the other side of the pool and swimming towards his son just to hold him before the boy would tire out. As for Sunggyu, he needed more coaxing. The boy wanted to learn how to swim so he could play in the pool but he was suddenly scared because the water was so deep and Sungyeol had to enter the pool first and then help him inside just so the boy could hold his brother for dear life like a monkey.

They spend an hour teaching Sunggyu how to swim.... but of course Sunggyu wasn't able to do it right from the start so, when Sonmi appeared with some snacks for them, Myungsoo got out of the pool, told his mother to keep an eye on Woohyun and when inside his house only to come back with two arm buoy for Sunggyu and a couple of other toys.

Sunggyu-ah, Woohyun used this to learn how to swim a couple of years ago, I think it will help you to be more confident.” He said once he came back and helped the boy to wear it, very patiently because Sunggyu didn't want to wear something that looked so ridiculous. Well, let's say the small eyed boy didn't complain anymore after he was able to have some autonomy in the pool and play with Woohyun.

They lost track of the time and, at some point, it was hard to take the kids out of the pool to eat, but once they started eating they didn't want to go back to the pool. At some point, Myungsoo dad entered the pool to play with the boys and Myungsoo and Sungyeol helped Sonmi to clean stuff and by 6 PM they were already bathed and ready to eat out.

They ate at a Korean traditional restaurant that was one of Sonmi favorites (though she insisted it was hard finding a good chef like Sungyeol mom was) and as Myungsoo's parents spent the night trying to convince Sungyeol to let Sunggyu stay until Friday at least, Myungsoo seemed to take some time to be thinking hard about something while the kids were playing some 'guess the song' game and were throwing knowing looks Sungyeol way every time one of them would hum a love song.

At the end of the day Sungyeol had already had a talk to Sungjong and decided to let Sunggyu stay until Friday with Myungsoo's parents and maybe that decision had to deal with the fact that Sungjong said he would be accompanying Moonsoo to spend some days there, he also promised to bring more clothes for their maknae.

They went to bed early, not only because everyone was tired after playing in the pool all day but because Myungsoo and Sungyeol had a parent-teachers meeting to get the boys grades the next day and they wanted to go soon to be free soon. Myungsoo and he laid down with backs facing each other in order to sleep but Sungyeol doubted he would be able to sleep after he saw Myungsoo half body in the waters, he didn't know how he managed to not show a reaction through his body but he was afraid of his brain creativity tonight.

Sungyeol settled for thinking about some next steps he should take professionally, his improving relationship with Sunggyu, or wondering about what would Dongwoo would tell him about Sunggyu the next day, and he didn't know how much time it passed but he at some point he felt Myungsoo shifting around in his mattress to quickly to be a normal should he wake him up? Should he not?

_______________________________________________________________

Hyung.” Myungsoo practically purred trying to get the older attention.

Hm?” Sungyeol asked as he caressed Myungsoo's hair.

Let's tell this to everyone.” He suggested and Sungyeol leaned away from him a bit to be able to look at his eyes.

You are telling me that you are willing to let go of your title of the most wanted bachelor in college to assume our relationship to everyone? Your fan girls will cry, you know that right?” He asked half jokingly and Myungsoo rolled his eyes.

Their opinion doesn't matter.” Myungsoo said firmly. “But it's been a while and I want to tell people that are important for us.”

Sure, we can tell Dongwoo and Hoya's hyungs in college and then try to talk to Sungjong and Moonsoo on the weekend, separately.” Sungyeol suggested, and Myungsoo hummed in agreement before he remembered something. "Then we have to think about what to say to your parents."

Yes, I guess I have to find a very delicate way to tell them this.” Myungsoo agreed. “But I think that they will understand, they are very supporting, always have been.”

Sungyeol frowned deeply as he stopped caressing Myungsoo hair. “Are you sure?”

Of course, they are my parents, I would know them better no?” Myungsoo chuckled.

This is exactly why I am asking you that, but if you are saying it's ok, then it's fine with me too.” Sungyeol decided not to press on that because he thought they might fight so he went back caressing his lover hair the way Myungsoo liked.

Have you thought about how to tell Sunggyu about us?” Myungsoo asked after some time of silence. If I have to be honest I don't know what to do with Woohyun. He said pensive and Sungyeol promptly stopped caressing Myungsoo's hair to support his body on an elbow so he could look down at him.

I don't think I'll have a problem with Sunggyu, he likes you, but, Myungsoo....” He hesitated. “Who is Woohyun?”

Who is Woohyun? Why are you asking me this? You know who is Woohyun.” Myungsoo said chuckling but Sungyeol was serious.

No, I don't know, should I? Who's him? “He asked again and Myungsoo became upset, why Sungyeol was asking this?

Woohyun, my son, Woohyun.” He explained. “Sunggyu best friend, Woohyun.”

Myungsoo, you don't have a son.” Sungyeol said seriously and kind of worried. “Sunggyu best friend is called Junhyung.”

Of course I have a son!” Myungsoo disagreed as he sat up in bed. “His name is Woohyun, he is seven and he is kind of tiny for his age, he is in the same class as Sunggyu. Ask Dongwoo hyung, he will tell you that Woohyun is in his class.”

Myungsoo, how this Woohyun would be in Dongwoo hyung class if he is seven? Dongwoo hyung is my Sunbae in college.” Sungyeol said worriedly as he also sat up in bed.

Hyung, stop kidding me, is this some kind of a prank? I am not finding it funny.” He complained.

I am not pranking you Myungsoo, you don't have a son.” Sungyeol repeated.

I have!” And Myungsoo disagreed angrily.

You don't.” Sungyeol insisted.

I have! He was born Feb 8, his delivery was quite complicated, it cost his mother's life, and I became a widower at the age of fifteen. I've been trying to raise Woohyun alone since then and it was so difficult when I moved out of my parents... then I met you and at first, we didn't like each other even though we discovered we met as kids and liked each other... Anyway, we became close and you help me with Woohyun almost every day...”

Myungsoo, you're being weirdly detailed but I honestly don't know what you're talking about.” Sungyeol said worried and a bit exasperated. “You told me all you did when you were fifteen was taking pictures and how can you say we ever hated each other?” He asked in hurt.

Because you hated me, all you did was judge me because I am a young parent and I think you cursed me too, but later you told me you were stressed because of Sunggyu, college and your work at the publishing company.... you ended up overcoming your prejudices and we became friends because of the kids and because our brothers hooked up too.” Myungsoo tried to explain.

No, no, that never happened. I don't work for a publishing company, I work at a library in the mall, and we met there when you came to buy a book about photography and it was love at first sight.” Sungyeol said still hurt. “And Sungjong and Moonsoo never hooked up, they are both gay, yes, but they hate each other and we always have to separate a fight whenever they meet.”

No, hyung, what are you talking about? Moonsoo and Sungjong do everything together, they love each other and you, and Hoya and Dongwoo hyungs, love teasing them together whenever we go on a triple date with the kids.”

What triple date Myungsoo? I just told you Sungjong and Moonsoo never got along and Hoya and Dongwoo hyungs don't even know each other.”

What? Impossible, they are dating for more than a year, you told me they met when Hoya hyung left his webtoons to go to the gym and he met Dongwoo hyung there and...”

What webtoon babe? You know Hoya hyung prefers to dance any time of the day instead of sitting in front of a computer and Dongwoo hyung hates gyms, and if you'd ask me he should join one because he is getting fat.” Sungyeol tried to add a joke because he hoped that would make Myungsoo

This is all wrong!” Myungsoo got up from bed ruffling his hair in distress, what ed up reality was that? “This is all wrong!” He then abruptly turned to Sungyeol. “Hyung, we have never met once because our mothers are friends then we met again, in our apartment building when I moved to the apartment in front of yours. We used to hate each other at first, but Sunggyu became my son best friend, Sungjong and Moonsoo are in love with each other and just started dating just like Dongwoo hyung and Hoya hyung are, so our lives became all tangled. And Hoya hyung is a webtoon artist while Dongwoo hyung is out of college for a while, he is the kid's teachers, and I'm a widower and I HAVE A SON, his name is WOOHYUN! He is this tiny bit of sunshine despite having lost his mother so early and....”

Myungsoo! Are you sure you're ok? Do you have a fever or something? We have never been neighbors Myungsoo much less met as kids, our mothers don't even like each other because your mother graded one of my mother's dishes badly like ten years ago. Technically you live in Incheon, that's an hour from here; you have no son and no past wife - how can you even be a widower? - and you don't get along with you parents this is why you spend most of your time here since we started to date.” Sungyeol tried to explain.

Date?” Myungsoo suddenly froze. He was deeply convinced that Sungyeol was telling him a bunch of lies, but dating? He was sure they were not doing that.

Yes Myungsoo, for a year, two months a week and three more days to be precise.” Sungyeol said exasperatedly. “We have never directly told anyone that we were dating but we weren't hiding either, Dongwoo and Hoya hyung, Moonsoo and Sungjong and even Sunggyu knows, a lot of people in college suspects because I ditch all my friends to hang out with you only, my mother knows, Sunggyu father knows, only your parents don't know.”

Wait, wait, wait.” Now instead of being angry, he was scared. “You're telling me you have friends, and your mother is alive? Sunggyu father too?” He asked because he needed to know, Sungyeol was talking with such confidence that he was he was afraid to be hallucinating. But at the same time it couldn't be, he had all of those memories, all of those pictures, and he had all of this specific kind of love for Woohyun only, why Sungyeol was saying he didn't even exist in the first place?

They were supposed to be dead?” Sungyeol placed both his hands on his hips and glared at Myungsoo but all that he could do was to produce some tears. “Wow Myungsoo, thank you a lot.” He said in broken sarcasm. “This is what you're wishing for behind our back?” His voice cracked at the end with disappointment.

What? No!” Myungsoo gasped. “It's just....”

I don't know what's wrong with you today, if it wasn't enough to say absurd things like you were married and that you have a son, you had to be a jerk and wish for my mom and step-dad, people that loves and dotes on you as if you were their own son, to be dead?

But hyung...” Myungsoo still tried to explain but was interrupted by the older.

You don't know how much you just disappointed me.” Sungyeol said with his eyes producing tears but tone ice cold.” After all, we've done for you I've never thought you'd be so... ungrateful.” A tear finally fell and Sungyeol quickly wiped, he didn't want to show weakness. “Please get out of our place, you've not welcomed here anymore.”

What?” Myungsoo gasped again as if he wasn't shocked enough to discover they were dating now they were breaking up too?

Sungyeol merely went to the door and opened and right at this moment, Myungsoo heard a feminine voice that he had never heard before. “Yeollie, Myung, did you two smelled food? Come eat.” She called.

No omma, Myungsoo is going, and he isn't coming back.” Sungyeol said loud enough for his mom to hear. The mother let out a confused 'why?' but her son didn't reply.

When Sungyeol noticed Myungsoo looking confused as hell and not moving a centimeter out of place, he grabbed him by the arm, dragged him out the door and slammed it behind him, and, with that, everything was black.

Myungsoo woke up gasping for hair and having his heart beating so fast in fear that he thought for a brief moment he would die. What the hell was what he dreamed? Everything started very nicely with Sungyeol in his arms (a thing that instead of getting weirded out he completely would have embraced) but it wasn't enough that in reality, he had a bunch of problems that kept him from even approaching anyone, apparently in his dreamland to have Sungyeol he would have to loose Woohyun, because his son didn't even exist there.

Although he did like having Sungyeol in his dreams he couldn't say that was a good dream if Woohyun wasn't present. Simply there was no Kim Myungsoo without Nam Woohyun, the boy was a part too big of his life and, if he were to be missing, everything else would be nothing, and that thought alone was what scared him. The first thing he did was to sit on the mattress and look on his bed to see Sunggyu and Woohyun on top of each other and in a mess of limbs. Woohyun was very much there and only then Myungsoo was able to breathe relieved.

He felt then a hand touch his wrist and practically jumped in place when he heard Sungyeol whispering to him. “Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” He said and Myungsoo nodded but let his body fall back on the mattress. Sungyeol waited a bit for Myungsoo breath to even out and he collects his thoughts before he asked again. “Are you ok? I think you were having a nightmare, I tried to wake you before but you were not waking up.” He explained.

Myungsoo closed his eyes took a deep breath before he turned his head towards Sungyeol and shook his head.

I can't sleep, do you want to take things off your chest?” Sungyeol offered because - who knew? - maybe Myungsoo revealed something and at least it would make the time pass quickly, he already gave up sleeping for today.

Myungsoo seemed to be deep in thinking, as he looked past his neighbor and to the bed where the boys were sleeping, and Sungyeol was almost giving up an answer as well but then Myungsoo moved his lips and an almost barely audible whisper came out. “Not here.”

Sungyeol nodded to show that he understood and he saw his neighbor give one more look at his son before he was getting up and leaving the room. Sungyeol followed suit, closing the door behind him so the boys sleep kept being undisturbed and then followed Myungsoo to the kitchen to watch him filling a cup with water.

Do you want anything to drink? To eat?” Myungsoo asked and Sungyeol knew that if Myungsoo wasn't asking purposely to stall a bit more time wouldn't hurt him as well, it seemed he needed some time to collect himself.

Water, but just half cup.” He said and Myungsoo promptly grabbed a cup, filled for him and placed the bottle inside the fridge again. He handed Sungyeol his cup then went past him towards the living room.

Sungyeol followed him only to see Myungsoo sitting with his legs up on his couch and taking drinking of water from his cup. The tall followed his neighbor almost hesitantly but ended up sitting on the other end of the couch. “So...” He said because he didn't know if he had to ask again or if it was better to wait to hear what his neighbor had to say.

Hyung, have you ever wished for something really bad but there were things holding you back?” Myungsoo started with a question that didn't explain much about what this was.

Yes.” He confirmed.

Do you have something like that right now?” Myungsoo asked with a nervous tone.

Yes, right now there is something like that.” Sungyeol confirmed again and this time Sungyeol forced a quick smile and avoided Myungsoo gaze as he thought about the way he felt.

OK.” Myungsoo said and took some seconds to better think how to word things while biting his lips before he spoke again. “Imagine you dreamed about getting what you wish for, that would be cool right?”

Sungyeol smiled a bit shyly now. “Yes.” He agreed.

Now imagine that in that dream you got what you wished for at the expense of the thing you love the most in the world.” Myungsoo ended up saying and only then Sungyeol looked back at him with a sad look as he understood what Myungsoo was referring to.

Oh, Myungsoo.” He ended up breathing and Myungsoo drank the rest of his water, placed the cup on the coffee table before he circled his legs and his face in it. Sungyeol saw Myungsoo angry, guarded, defensive but he had never seen his neighbor vulnerable and this sight broke his heart. He wanted to comfort his neighbor but, before he even made that decision, Myungsoo looked up and quickly wiped a single tear.

I have nightmares every now and then, I'm used to them, they are mostly produced out of this guilt I have because of Woohyun mom so I usually dream about her dying again.” He explained. “But this time it was new, this time it was about Woohyun and it was like he didn't exist at all.”

But Woohyun is right here, I'm telling you this, he exists, you don't have to worry.” Sungyeol said hoping that he sounded comforting.

Myungsoo snorted. “A couple of minutes ago you told me something different.” He ended up saying and Sungyeol furrowed his brows.

I beg your pardon? Was I in your nightmare?” Sungyeol asked quickly and as Myungsoo noticed what he just said he almost gasped before his brain edited all the dream so he could narrate to his neighbor.

Yes and everything you told me then was different from reality. You told me Woohyun didn't exist, you said Dongwoo hyung was your sunbae in college and Hoya would never be a webtoon artist, you said I had a bad relationship with my parents and your mother...” Myungsoo avoided Sungyeol gaze, afraid of offending him. “Was still alive.”

Well... she isn't.” Sungyeol said bluntly at first then got coaxing. “And Woohyun is sleeping peacefully in your room, so if I were you I wouldn't worry too much about this nightmare. That's what I do whenever I have one, and, believe me, mine tend to be on the gore side because my brain gets creative.”

How can you be fine with this? Myungsoo asked as he couldn't understand and Sungyeol sighed deeply.

Myungsoo, I'm not lying, my nightmares, when I do have them, are like blood everywhere.... I know this is my brain trying to get me scared and prevent me from living a normal life....” He said and Myungsoo wondered what Sungyeol was referring to, why he would dream about violent things when Sungyeol himself, despite being nasty at the beginning, wasn't really a violent person. ...and I know I am hard to deal, a little too bitter and Scrooge misanthrope, as you once called me, but I refuse to get scared to live because I have goals and I have to achieve all of them. If I want something I go ahead and work hard to get it.” He continued

I'm really sorry for that.” Myungsoo said as he looked down and rested his chin on his legs.

Nah, it's ok, now we are cool.” Sungyeol tried to smile and what followed was a silence as Myungsoo thought about what to say.

But what if it clashes with something else that is also precious for you?” Myungsoo finally asked after a few moments.

I try to get both.” Sungyeol answered without even thinking.

But if you have to choose?” Myungsoo insisted.

I choose the most important but that doesn't mean I won't go for the other thing anymore, I will just try to get one at a time.” Sungyeol said with confidence.

And it actually works for you?” Myungsoo raised an inquiring brow.

Most of the times.” Sungyeol smiled with a bit of embarrassment. “I had to put my personal goals to the side to take care of Sunggyu last year, because being close to Sunggyu or not, it's undeniable that he had some very concerning problems. Even if I didn't like it, at the end of the day he was the priority, so I took a year out of college to reduce the number of things I did to... yeah, I think you would have done the same for Woohyun.”

Woohyun...” Myungsoo with a depressed tone that Sungyeol found very weird, but he decided to wait for Myungsoo to elaborate. “Woohyun has always been my priority, and I love to be his father but lately I have been wanting to experiment things that are not exactly related to fatherhood. Still, that doesn't mean I consider that he weighs me down.” Ok, that confession, although not weird considering that Myungsoo was twenty-three, shocked Sungyeol because the younger was so father like that, even liking and wanting to engage in a romantic relationship with him, it was kind of hard for Sungyeol to think about Myungsoo not performing some kind of fatherly magic. “I feel so selfish.” He added.

Huh?” Sungyeol asked with surprise. “Myungsoo I am yet to see how you're selfish when you dedicate your life to Woohyun, I am definitely the one that is selfish between the two of us, because I want everything.” Sungyeol slightly chuckled to himself.

Don't you think I am being bad to think like this?” Myungsoo perked up a bit.

Absolutely not. I think you're a twenty-three-year-old Myungsoo, of course, there will be something you will want to do now that you aren't doing because you think Woohyun is more important. Still, there must be something in the middle of the things that you think you can't do but actually can and is just holding yourself back.” Sungyeol tried to cheer him up.

Hum.” Myungsoo nodded and then went into thinking mode much like Sungyeol, though they were thinking about completely different things: the young dad thought about how to take things off his chest without being too explicit about certain things while his neighbor wondered what Myungsoo wished for, was it a girl? If it so he should discover soon so he could kill this love and end his suffering. So, after some time, Sungyeol gathered a bit of his courage and asked, trying to be the most inconspicuous way.

What do you wish for so much that made you all conflicted?” He blurted but regretted instantly when he saw Myungsoo looking up at him as a deer caught in the headlights. “Ok, you don't need to tell me.” He took his words back as soon as he was able to talk.

I told you that I want to tell you, I just don't know how to do it, many things in my life have the same root.... and it is something I can't easily say to anyone.” Myungsoo sighed in defeat.

Is it Woohyun?” Sungyeol tried to ask.

Of course it is related to him.” Myungsoo confirmed.

I hope you don't hate me for saying this or think I'm trying to force you into spilling your secrets, but damn it's hard to help you when I don't know everything, especially when you talk in roundabouts.” Sungyeol tried to laugh to smooth out a bit of the mood but Myungsoo just sighed.

Sorry for that.” He apologized once more.

It's ok, do you want to go back again from the beginning? What exactly did you dream of?”Sungyeol asked and Myungsoo decided to tell only what was convenient for now.

Hum... I dreamed I got something I wanted, but I when I wanted to tell people important to me about it, you came and told me Woohyun didn't exist and nothing was the way it actually is.” Myungsoo replied omitting the fact that he and Sungyeol were supposedly dating in the beginning of his dream.

So I was the bad guy?” Sungyeol chuckled.

It definitely wasn't you that made the dream bad hyung.” Myungsoo mumbled to himself and Sungyeol wasn't able to hear.

But what did you get?” He asked and Myungsoo avoided his gaze. “Come on, I'm trying to discover the root of this specific problem I am not trying to figure it out your whole life.” Sungyeol insisted but Myungsoo went completely silent.

Sungyeol sighed inwardly because, really, he wanted to help his neighbor, but he was becoming fed up with these long silences, roundabouts, and puzzles.

If I tell you this can I make my request now? “Myungsoo ended up asking much for Sungyeol surprise.

You're ready to request?” He asked to be sure and Myungsoo nodded.

I didn't mean to make my request today in the wee hours, but since we are alone and already talking about these kinds of things, I want to make my request so I can ensure I can tell you something that I think you should know.” Myungsoo explained with a nervous undertone.

Ok, please make our request them.” Sungyeol offered.

It is actually a bunch of pleas.” Myungsoo added. “Will it be ok?”

Sungyeol placed the cup he hadn't drink from it on the coffee table as well and sat straight to look at his neighbor. “If it is something small I can grant it to make you feel better I can grant it or at least try.” Sungyeol said and Myungsoo searched in his eyes for the truth. “So, what do you want?” Sungyeol asked before he became too uncomfortable under Myungsoo gaze. “Just don't make me responsible for Woohyun if you die too because I can't deal with the same situation all over again.” Sungyeol half joked half said the truth and Myungsoo half glared at him and Sungyeol sheepishly smiled before Myungsoo spoke fully nervous.

First of all, I want you not to judge me.”

Ehr...” Sungyeol didn't know how to answer that because in the end he always did that.

Due to the things I can't talk about there are things that I can't say out loud in a straight forward manner but that doesn't mean they aren't true to that they can't happen, so please don't judge me for that.” Myungsoo pleaded.

OK, this is a difficult one since you know I end up always doing it but I can compromise to try very hard, it is enough for you?” Sungyeol asked and the younger nodded slowly not moving his nervous gaze away from Sungyeol. “Next.”

The things I have to tell you are surely going to change the way we perceive each other so, and though I can't talk about certain things, I'm gonna try to explain others, so, even if you can't understand really well, please just accept me. ”

I don't really dwell much on why people are they are, so I think I can do that.” Sungyeol nodded to himself.

Ok.” Myungsoo said and he seemed satisfied with his neighbor answers and he took a few breaths to calm himself as he seemed to get more nervous each minute, though Sungyeol wouldn't know that if it wasn't for him trying to even out his breath. “You said to work hard to keep both things so I'm gonna try that.” Myungsoo decided.

He got up from his spot on the opposite end of the couch just so he could slide Sungyeol cup next to his, and sit on the coffee table as he slightly pulled it closer to Sungyeol, that tensed as his neighbor was sitting close to him and suddenly he was somewhat afraid of what was about to come.

Hyung, I know you don't like it but can I hold your hands, just this once, so I can have a bit of courage?” Myungsoo asked then bit his lips and all Sungyeol could see in front of him was a vulnerability, and though he knew this worsened things for him, he caught himself holding both Myungsoo's hands. The young dad gulped hard and played a bit with Sungyeol hands until he raised his eyes and met Sungyeol's. “Ask me again.” He demanded. "But don't interrupt once I start talking ok?” He pleaded and the older nodded slowly.

Sungyeol was the one gulping hard as everything screamed tension for him now. “What was that you dreamed of that made you so conflicted?” He repeated.

You.” Myungsoo answered with one word and secured Sungyeol hands firmly as if he was afraid the older would run for the hills scared. “I dreamed I was dating you. He clarified and Sungyeol didn't try to move but he looked down his lap sadly so, feeling that Sungyeol thought that this was what freaked him, he was quick to add more explanations. “Hyung, I liked that.” He added and Sungyeol had moved snapped up and he looked at Myungsoo utterly confused.

I... Hum, how do I say this?” Myungsoo trailed nervously. “Remember when I kissed you in the bathroom?” He continued and Sungyeol closed his eyes because this wasn't the time to bring that up, did Myungsoo wanted to kill him and bury him out of awkwardness or something alike? “I know you didn't like that I did that...” He trailed as he blushed just faintly. “But do you remember what I told you about that?”

You told me not to think much of it.” Sungyeol blurted what was convenient for him and suddenly Myungsoo regretted deeply ever saying this.

I told you that, and I was also really scared that you would hate me, because I had never hated you and I always wondered how would you be like as a friend, I just have got that so I didn't want to mess everything again. But when I kissed you....” Sungyeol avoided his gaze and blushed slightly. “I felt other things, do you remember that?” The younger asked and Sungyeol dared to look back to nod. “I trembled because in that moment I was doing something I wanted to do and I felt thrilled and, despite being short, I liked.” He finished with some sincere enthusiasm, his tone becoming more sultry as he slightly pulled Sungyeol hands so the taller could lean towards him and the elder was so entranced that he let Myungsoo do that.

And if could go back….” He trailed but Myungsoo couldn't finish his own sentence because he finished the gap and kissed Sungyeol, this time properly and with confidence and the taller totally didn't see that coming, he couldn't even believe this was happening... Oh gosh, was that Myungsoo lips? Pretty much like the first time they kissed Sungyeol was confused if he should stop or keep going but this time the little coherence he had decided to be really quiet and just enjoy now and worry later because... he could live pretty well with the memory of a full kiss from his crush, couldn't he? He would try at least.

Myungsoo cupped the older jaw and angled his head then made movements with his tongue against Sungyeol frozen lips, trying to gain access inside his mouth in a tentative way and only then Sungyeol was able to part his lips a bit in hesitation. The younger then kissed in a very different way, first because there was no shadow of the trembling Myungsoo Sungyeol remembered, Myungsoo knew what he was doing, and, despite being gentle, he was doing just right enough to make Sungyeol feel like he was melting.

If it was on Myungsoo on his own accord he would keep going, he would kiss Sungyeol with passion and swept him off of his feet, but he wasn't sure how Sungyeol would react to this so he thought it was better to pull back and when he did that Sungyeol was stunned and frozen in place. The young dad waited for a reaction but his neighbor took some time to be able to collect his thoughts, but who could blame Sungyeol? He was mind blown.

That can't be happening...” Sungyeol ended up blurting in disbelief after some time that Myungsoo spent shifting in place, though it wasn't as if Sungyeol noticed. “This has to be a funny dream. Brain, stop getting too creative, you're gonna hurt heart.”

This is very real.” Myungsoo confirmed though his voice was small. Despite having heard Sunggyu talk about Sungyeol falling in love with him (apparently), Myungsoo wasn't sure the taller was enjoying this situation, and, now that he made one of the biggest confessions of his life, one that Sungyeol could make full use of, he couldn't understand why Sungyeol was in denial.

Sungyeol was in shock, but suddenly a lot made sense to him, why Myugsoo volunteered to help him with Sangwoo, why he always went an extra mile for him, why before Sungyeol prohibited skinship Myungsoo touches would linger a bit too much, why Myungsoo volunteered for doing the most annoying tasks as going grocery shopping for him, why he always complimented Sungyeol food too much or insisted in always doing the dishes or making sure to even put Sunggyu to bed for him so Sungyeol could have more twenty minutes to himself, not to mention he was always there for him.He ended up gasping in shock that Hoya and Sungjong could have predicted this but since he couldn't think straight (oh, the irony) he had to ask to be sure.

Myungsoo... does that mean... you're.. you're... aren't you... Woohyun?” Sungyeol wasn't able to finish the question but he was sure Myungsoo understood it pretty well because the younger ran his fingers on his hair nervously before looking at him with sorrowful eyes and stretched his lips into a sad smile.

I have reasons that prevent me of confirming anything so I beg of you to just accept this without judging me.” Myungsoo ended up pleading. “And not telling my family, specially Woohyun.” He added.

I... Of course... that... sure, I can...” Sungyeol stuttered pretty incoherently as he tried to make sense of this, THIS! “I just... wow!” Sungyeol leaned his back on the couch in a sort of a mental breakdown.

You're smart so I was trying to make you discover this on your own and confront me, but you always ended up pushing me away...” Myungsoo scratched his nape as he tried to explain more of his behavior. “Since I can't be straightforward, lately I was trying to low key flirt with you, but I don't think you've noticed and...”

Wait, wait, wait!” Sungyeol raised a hand for Myungsoo to stop. “I can't wrap my head on this properly yet and now you're saying you tried to flirt with me?” Sungyeol blinked stupefied and Myungsoo gave a shy nod.

I'm attracted to you.” He confessed straightforwardly now as he looked at Sungyeol in the eye. “You said to try to get all the things I wanted, right? I-I would like if you could think about the possibility of...” He hesitated before saying. “...us.”

Wha-what?” Sungyeol gasped in shock again.

I am not asking you to take all the baggage I have or anything, I just wanted to tell you that it can happen and that if you want it I want it too, but if you don't I can stop with the flirting just as I stopped touching you in a way you don't want.” Myungsoo explained carefully and touched Sungyeol knee, drawing a circle with one of his finger and Sungyeol could only look from the younger hand to his face.

I... I don't know what to think about this... I'm too shocked. I've always thought you were...” Sungyeol stuttered and Myungsoo felt like he already messed up Sungyeol brain enough, maybe it was better if Sungyeol had some time to himself so he could think.

He got up to go but before that, he addressed his neighbor. “I'll try to sleep in Moonsoo room so you can relax so try to sleep a bit, we have the meeting at the kid's school tomorrow.” He advised. “I will leave Woohyun here at least until Friday, my door is always open for you.”

Sungyeol gulped hard but nodded and Myungsoo got the two forgotten cups of water and left for the kitchen while the tall neighbor kept frozen in the couch, knowing pretty well that he wouldn't be able to sleep not even if he wanted.

What they didn't know was that, after Myungsoo left to drop the cups in the kitchen, a hidden pair of eyes that observed all of their exchange disappeared back in one of the rooms.


____________________________________________________________________________________________________________
AN: Pay attention to this conversation because it will be useful in the future.