The days after - Namystery

Tangled
 
 

It wasn't completely dark not completely bright when Sungyeol woke up the next day. For a second he didn't know what was dream and what was reality, he blinked his big eyes a couple of times to be able to see things properly and try to understand things better. The first thing he understood was: he was in Myungsoo room, that could only be Myungsoo room because he was not facing his study table and his keyboard so, ok, he had the 'where' covered.

The second thing he noticed it was that he was feeling a mix of hot and cold and it took only a look down to understand why: 1 -he was , which explained the cold and that the last night was definitely not a dream, and 2 - there was a strong warm over his waist which explained the person behind him and why his back felt hot: Myungsoo was hugging him and they must have moved during the night because he was sure he was the one doing the hugging when they fell asleep. Sungyeol wanted to smile, he felt incredibly happy, but he also felt incredibly sleepy, his eyes were really heavy at the moment, so he decided to just go back to sleep.

The next time Sungyeol opened his eyes he felt completely warm all around and the room was definitely bright but the arm over his waist was not there and he didn't feel another body pressed against his back, and that big time. He made a face and turned around to try to find his boyfriend on the bed but then a sound of a door closing gathered his interest and he opened his eyes and raised his head in time to see Myungsoo dressed in only his briefs, closing a door of his closet.

What are you doing? Come back to bed, it's early.” He mumbled as he watched Myungsoo lock that door somehow.

The younger then turned around to look at him and smile before approaching him. “You're awake.” Myungsoo climbed on the bed and laid beside his boyfriend before trying to somehow tame Sungyeol bed hair. “You should sleep more and rest” He suggested. “You didn't sleep well, at some point you were trembling in my arms.”

Trembling? Sungyeol didn't remember trembling, but he wouldn't fight Myungsoo over that so he just asked sleepily. “What about you?”

I already got rid of the evidence, I can sleep more too.” Myungsoo smiled proudly and pecked his older lover lips and Sungyeol tried to look skeptically at his lover but he just looked too sleepy when Myungsoo got inside the sheets and placed his face close to his and that warm hand over his waist again. Soon, they were both sleeping again.

The next time Sungyeol woke up again was different, he was surely Myungsoo wasn't in bed anymore but there was a phone ringing somewhere and knocks on the door. He sat in bed looking a little lost when Myungsoo ran inside the bedroom, the younger was completely dressed for the day with his hair slightly damped. He came, checked his phone and groaned.

Hyung, dress up a bit, the kids are knocking.” He explained and Sungyeol groaned. “I'll tell them you have a hangover so take your time.” He assured before he ran out of the room, locking the door behind him and rushing towards the front door to open it.

Daddy!” Woohyun scolded as soon as the door was opened. “Why it took you so long?”

I was taking a bath.” Myungsoo defended himself as he let the two kids and the two teenagers in, he wasn't exactly lying, his hair was damp.

Where is Sungyeol hyung?” Sunggyu asked after a quick scan on the living room.

Noticing the lack of the eldest Lee in that apartment Sungjong smiled mischievously. “I bet he was....” And he was promptly silenced by Moonsoo hands over his mouth.

Jongie.” Moonsoo hissed scandalized.

What?” Woohyun asked curiously while Sungjong to his boyfriend palm and to be set free, he was about to say something to the boy when Myungsoo interrupted.

Sungyeol hyung drank a bit too much yesterday so I think he is still sleeping. Have you guys already eaten? I was about to fix something to eat.” Myungsoo asked cheerfully as he beckoned for everyone to follow him to his kitchen.

Yes.” Woohyun replied dutifully as he followed his daddy.

Is hyung going to be sick again?” Sunggyu asked naively and very worried.

No, I mean, he will be ok in no time.” Myungsoo assured with a smile before he opened the fridge to look for something to eat and Sungjong promptly elbowed Moonsoo to get his attention.

Hey, that's Sungyeol hyung expensive wine.” Sungjong whispered and pointed discreetly to the fridge while his boyfriend squinted his eyes at it.

So they did drink together?” Moonsoo squinted his eyes back at his boyfriend then smiled naughtily as if he just read Sungjong mind. “Do you think something more happened?” Sungjong could only fight himself not to smile in utter happiness but his scrunched up expression already told his boyfriend everything so they both giggled happily.

While the teenage couple giggled, the kids followed Myungsoo's every moment and as soon as he pulled some fruits out of the fridge Woohyun frowned.

Daddy, are you going to cook watermelon?” He then turned to look at the giggling couple. “Is that possible?” Then his eyes moved to Sunggyu. “Did your omma cooked watermelons for you, hyung?” The answer Sunggyu gave him was one expression of absolute horror so Woohyun knew something not good might come out of it. “Where is Sungyeol hyung? I don't want to eat weird cooked watermelons.”

Who says I'm going to cook watermelons? Don't be weird Woohyun, I'm just going to have breakfast.” Myungsoo replied as he searched for more things in his fridge.

But it's lunchtime already.” Sunggyu butted only to copy Woohyun frowning expression and Myungsoo had to lean back and look at his kitchen clock, it surely marked 12:17.

I guess I have to change plans then.” Myungsoo forced a smile and shoved the poor innocent watermelons back in the fridge - much for the kids' relief - then looked at what he had, just like yesterday he hadn't much to offer, even more, when there was six of them to feed.

So you took some time to wake up, what were you two up for yesterday?” Sungjong asked crossing his arms and smiling deviously.

We went to a club, and then we came back home.” Myungsoo replied idly, even if their relationship was exposed to the kids, their ual life would being private was still a must.

Myungsoo got his phone and started looking for something to be delivered when the kids gasped.

A club?” Sunggyu gasped.

What a club is like?” Woohyun asked curiously.

It's a place dark and loud with a lot of people.” Myungsoo replied as he smiled and patted his son head only to try to look at some menu on his phone the next second.

... That people go to flirt and hook up.” Sungjong added naughtily.

Really?” Sunggyu happily squealed and looked at Myungsoo with twinkling eyes, he knew Sungyeol and Myungsoo were hooking up so if they went to a place that was made for that then it was a good thing right?

With a final tap Myungsoo slowly moved his eyes from his phone towards Sunggyu and for a second he didn't know what to say, which made Woohyun frown until Moonsoo saved him.

People go there to drink and dance too.” Moonsoo explained while slightly elbowed a giggling Sungjong to stop pestering his brother.

Ahnn.” The kids said together and although Woohyun tone seemed to tell the adults he finally got the explanation, Sunggyu seemed a bit disappointed. “Did Sungyeol hyung danced Troublemaker again?” The youngest boy asked curiously which made Sungjong crack up and the boy join him giggling, imagining that scene was hilarious for them.

No, I actually didn't see him dancing.” Myungsoo replied. “I think he only drank with his friends.”

But daddy, you have to see it, it is so funny!” Woohyun insisted, though his friend decided to change the subject as Myungsoo dropped his phone over the table and proceeded to get the plates for everyone.

You didn't drink too hyung?” Sunggyu asked as Woohyun took the hint that they had to set the table and proceeded to get chopsticks from a drawer.

Myungsoo chuckled. “No Gyu, I promised I would take care of Sungyeol hyung, remember? If I drank I wouldn't be able to bring hyung back safely.” Sunggyu smiled pleased. “Now, be a good boy and help Woohyun set the table.” He gave two plates to Sunggyu and then turned to grab more as the boys ran outside his small kitchen, but as soon as he got it and turned around to follow the kids Sungjong block his way.

Hyung, tell us more.” He begged.

Something tells me you're going to use whatever I tell you against us, so this all you'll get: we went to the club, spent some time there, came back home, Sungyeol hyung drank wine and we went to bed.” He said and Sungjong smirked.

Together?” The younger wriggled his brows and Myungsoo rolled his eyes and looked at his brother.

If he asks me one more question I am the one that will make some questions about your ual life and just for your mortification I will talk about it with our parents.” Myungsoo threatened with a straight face and his brother flushed beet red.

Sungjongie, would you be so kind to shut up right this moment?” He half hissed and half begged and Sungjong ended up sighing, surrendering for now.

Thank you, now bring the glasses.” Myungsoo ordered them and then joined the kids on his small table. “Wow, good job you two.” He made sure to praise so the boys felt proud while he placed his plates on the table as well.

Daddy, what are we eating?” Woohyun asked as he sat at the table and watched his dad every move. “Is it gonna take long? I'm kind of hungry.”

Me too.” Sunggyu said as he sat beside his brother.

Bimbibap with some tasty side dishes, I think it will take a while to come.” Noticing the boys making matching pouts he decided to distract them another way. “If you want to you can eat some snacks if you promise you'll eat your food...” Before he could finish his sentence the boys were cheering, jumping from their sits and running towards the kitchen and they almost bumped on the two teenagers coming out of it.

What's the rush?” Moonsoo managed to ask before continuing his route towards the table where Sungjong was already sitting and arranging two cups on the table.

I let them eat some snacks, the food will take a while to arrive.” Myungsoo explained and Sungjong frowned.

Sungyeol hyung doesn't like when Sunggyu eats snacks before lunch.”

Myungsoo shrugged. “There isn't many, and we are six.”

DADDY, YOU ATE MY SNACKS!” Woohyun complained from the kitchen.

Bring what you find, I'll buy more when I go grocery shopping later.” Myungsoo raised his voice to instruct and the next second the boys came from the kitchen holding a package full of peanuts and a bowl.

Daddy, this is unfair, you barely let me eat snacks and then you eat most of it.” The boy said upset as they placed the stuff on the table.

Parents privileges.” Myungsoo immediately retorted as Sungjong helped them open the package and put everything in the bowl so everyone could eat it.

I'll tell your coach.” The boy threatened. “And grandpa too, so he could ground you.”

Are you threatening me? Your beloved cool dad?” Myungsoo asked, kind of flabbergasted then pulled his son and started tickling him which made Woohyun upset expression dissolve on a laugh.

Sunggyu found the scene amusing so he sat on a free chair to watch the scene, making sure to get a handful of peanuts and shove partially in his mouth but everyone stopped when Moonsoo spotted Sungyeol.

Hyung!”

Are you feeling better?” Sunggyu asked the minute he noticed his brother and Sungyeol straightened himself before answering.

Yeah, it wasn't that bad, nothing that a good bath couldn't solve it.” He smiled as he approached the table.

Why are you wearing daddy's clothes?” Woohyun frowned as Myungsoo pulled him to his lap.

I lent to him.” Myungsoo explained as he tickled his son more As Sungyeol approached the table and Sungjong got up from the chair he was sitting previously to sit on Moonsoo's lap so he could make space for his brother. “Why? Doesn't he look cool in my clothes?” Myungsoo added a question.

Woohyun looked Sungyeol whole body as the elder carefully set on the chair Sungjong was sitting. “No, he looks weird.” He ended up saying.

Look, it's not my fault your father uses a bigger size even though I'm taller, I just borrowed them the same way you borrowed Sunggyu over-sized pajamas.” Sungyeol retorted.

Hyung, Woohyun is seven.” Myungsoo looked at Sungyeol like he was saying, 'you're leveling with a kid?' and Sungyeol shifted weirdly in his chair then straightened up.

So what?” Woohyun complained to his dad then turned to Sungyeol again. “It's not the size, it's because you're wearing his sports clothes.” He explained.

Ok, I get it, I don't think sports clothes match me at all.” Sungyeol said and Woohyun smiled because he was finally understood. “But his sports clothes are probably the only thing that can stay on my waist without falling so... yeah...”

You can leave a pajama here too.” The boy suggested happily, not even aware of what the hell he was proposing.

I'll think about it.” Sungyeol smiled and scanned the table before looked in each of the grown-ups eyes. “Are we not eating? Where is the food?”

I'm sorry, I don't have much at home right now.” Myungsoo smiled sheepishly.

But he ordered food, it's probably arriving in half an hour at most.” Moonsoo offered.

This is why we are eating snacks, though we don't have much because...” Woohyun turned his eyes to the bowl to see that it was already half eaten. “Hyung!” He complained to Sunggyu and the boy's eyes grew wide, he had been caught chewing.

I'm hungry!” The boy whined once he gulped everything down.

You always are.” Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “But you have to share, and when the food isn't yours, you have to make sure to let the owner eat it too.” He said then grabbed the bowl with one hand and passed to Woohyun. Sunggyu just sighed and nodded as Woohyun got a handful of peanuts and placed on his mouth and then forced some peanuts on Myungsoo mouth before offering for the rest of the grown-ups.

Awn Namu, just a bit, thank you.” Moonsoo smiled at his nephew and grabbed a few for him.

No, thank you.” Sungjong denied and as Woohyun moved the bowl with peanuts on Sungyeol direction he threw a question to his brother. “So, hyung, how was your night?”

Sungyeol had his hand inside the bowl when Sungjong asked that question and he couldn't help but lock eyes with Myungsoo. “Marvelous.” He said keeping his eyes on his boyfriend as he grabbed a couple of peanuts and put in his mouth and Myungsoo became slightly flushed then hugged Woohyun to hide his embarrassment.

So, hyung, Myungsoo hyung said you two went to a club together yesterday, how did that go?” Sungjong asked interestedly.

They didn't go alone Jongie, Hoya, and Dongwoo hyungs and then that couple of Sungyeol hyung friends went it too, no?” Moonsoo butted in.

Actually they didn't.” Sungyeol said and Sungjong eyes started to twinkle mischievously and once his brother noticed that he was quick to explain. “I mean, Dongwoo and Hoya hyungs ditched us and Hoya hyung will hear from me because of that, he shouldn't have done that.”

What? What happened?” It was Sunggyu turn to ask.

My friend was being annoying and it got too crowded. I've never been to a place that crowded.” He shivered.

Then I'd have to scold Hoya and Dongwoo hyungs as well, how could he leave you all alone in a crowded place? The last club Hoya hyung took you, like two years ago, wasn't as crowded and he kept you safe from...” Sungjong started to become furious so Sungyeol had to interrupt because Moonsoo and the kids seemed to be getting curious.

Enough Sungjong, nothing happened. Myungsoo was by my side all the time and we left there early.” He said and Myungsoo felt a little bit guilty, he wasn't beside Sungyeol all the time so he didn't know much about what had happened with his boyfriend, but considering everything Sungyeol told him about his past, he guessed the elder had a problem with sneaky hands (which he might have felt it too) and the proximity of too many bodies. “It was a good thing actually because we came back home and I drank wine and talked nonsense with Myungsoo until we...” By the end of his sentence, Sungyeol had a dreamy expression on his face, an involuntary gummy smile and seemed to travel to a world that only belonged to him, maybe Myungsoo too.

Until what?” Woohyun asked curiously.

Until we slept.” Myungsoo completed in fear Sungyeol would spill something in front of the kids, who cared about Sungjong and Moonsoo knowing anything when the kids were there?

Yeah, and then I woke up with a hangover, I think that Margarita was too strong and I probably shouldn't have mixed with wine...” Sungyeol tried to cover up but once he shifted in place, he slightly hissed and the two teenagers were sure to let out out happy squeals.

It happened, it happened.” Sungjong chanted, wriggling his on Moonsoo legs, making them hurt in the process and the said teenager stop giggling right away.

No, nothing happened.” Sungyeol tried to deny but , he was happy, his glowing appearance didn't help him right now.

What?” Woohyun and Sunggyu asked together.

Nothing much happened.” Sungyeol insisted as he tried to coerce his brother into stopping with a powerful glare and that's when Myungsoo had enough.

Why don't you guys show us a kiss? You've been dating for months already and the kids want to see.”

KISS, KISS, KISS, KISS!” Woohyun started to cheer and was quickly joined by Sunggyu, and even Sungyeol only for Myungsoo to add something else.

Or should I ask some details of your relationship and call our parents to spread it?” He asked as Sungjong and Moonsoo made faces and then looked at each other to telepathically agree to give each other the quickest peck of history. And Sunggyu was about to get happy when it stopped and Woohyun stopped clapping to proceed with some complaints.

That wasn't a real kiss, I want to see one like the ones in the movies.” The maknae demanded and now the two teenagers were already wanting to hide.

I guess we should go, right Jongie? We have the assignment to work on.” Moonsoo excused themselves as he tapped Sungjong so he could get up.

Uh, yeah, it's a report, right?” He said as he got up and Moonsoo nodded once he did the same before Sungjong grabbed his wrist and dragged him to the door. “We are going to report to Hoya and Dongwoo hyungs!” He said before pushed his boyfriend out, despite his complaints, and banged the door loudly.

Report what to Dongwoo and Hoya hyungs?” Sunggyu asked confused and Sungyeol only smirked inwardly with the amazing idea he just had to distract both Woohyun and Sunggyu from that question.

About the fish being wet.” Sungyeol said with the same tone as if he was asking: isn't that obvious?

Huh?” Myungsoo furrowed his brows in confusion because he didn't know about that discussion and Sungyeol lifted his finger in the air for Myungsoo to wait a second that was enough for chaos instantly erupt.

THE FISH IS WET!”

NOOOOO~ THE FISH ISN'T WET!”

Myungsoo couldn't believe that the two kids started arguing quite heatedly, despite being a little (in their our way) cordial, about such nonsense but when he looked at his boyfriend, he just saw him leaning half of his weigh on his elbow and resting his chin on his hand, with a bemused smile on his face, before the elder turned at him and winked. Myungsoo didn't know what this was all about but he was glad that the spotlight was taken from them, this way he could enjoy the memories of the last night without worries a little bit more.

________________________________________________

Aside Myungsoo going to practice in the afternoon and both of them going grocery shopping with the kids later, the couple stayed most of the weekend at home, which means going all the time from one apartment to the other because they didn't want to stay away from each other, but as Monday came they went back to their routine.

They purposely took the kids to school a bit late to escape whatever teasing could come from Dongwoo and on the way to college they kept silent most of the time but throwing pleased smiles to each other as they both seemed to remember how their night together had been. Once getting there and before going about with their own schedules, Myungsoo said that, after his class, he would spend most of his morning on college grounds working on a project so they agreed to meet at the cafeteria for lunch.

We all know how meeting's for projects go, there are a lot of talking and playing before getting to business, and so Myungsoo classmates took that opportunity to try to get him to spill what made him be in such high spirits but being a known reserved person he didn't crack. Once they finished deciding things and the meeting was deemed finished Myungsoo barely gave them goodbye before he sped up towards the cafeteria.

Once he through the walls he could see that he arrived too early, the cafeteria wasn't in his full capacity yet so he decided to try to search the internet to try to get ahead with his part of the project by searching sites with useful content as he waited for his lover to appear. Before through he decided to check on Hoya's page on the webtoon portal how the last chapter was going when someone spoke beside his ear.

This is your work right?” The person said and Myungsoo threw his phone in the air out of fright, thankfully the person caught before it fell and passed to him. “Careful.”

Myungsoo took his phone back, and he wanted to glare once he was able to see the face of the guy who scared him, but despite not necessarily liking him Myungsoo was glad he was able to catch his phone and give it back (without looking at it) so he ended up deciding to be polite, mainly because that was Sungyeol friend.

Thank you for my phone but what a scare Chanyeol-shi.” He said, making sure to put a hand over his chest to calm his racing heart once the taller circled the table and sat in front of him.

Sorry, it wasn't my intention..” Chanyeol smiled sheepishly and once Myungsoo nodded he promptly changed the subject. “But, the webtoon...” He started but leaned over the table to whisper. “...is it true that you're Hoya-nim new assistant?” Myungsoo bit his lip and which left Chanyeol without his expected reaction. “Hey, you can tell me, I swear I will keep a secret, I already know some secrets of yours and you are not hearing people talking right?”

Myungsoo eyes grew big as he remembered Chanyeol had seen Woohyun call him daddy at some point and there was a moment in the club that he wasn't sure if he the other saw but then he squinted his eyes at Chanyeol, it was pretty clear on Saturday that the taller didn't like him so what he was doing here? What did he want?

I was trying to befriend you, I'm sorry for last time.” Chanyeol said and Myungsoo could tell he was being genuine at least at the apology and, though he still thought Chanyeol still had ulterior motives, he finally shifted in his place a bit before answering.

Yes, I was recently hired to help Hoya hyung with coloring, style, and background.” He admitted and Chanyeol smiled happily while the younger looked around briefly before addressed him again. “Please don't spread this, if the dean discovers I am working I lose my scholarship then I will have to work more than part-time to afford four years of tuition and I have a kid to feed. Please.”

It's ok, you don't have to be afraid of that, all your secrets will be safe with me. And Dara noona, because I tell everything to my girlfriend at least.” Myungsoo didn't know if that was good or bad, he would have to inquire Sungyeol more about his friends later, but before he could even say something Chanyeol continued. “I'm an avid fan of Hoya-nim - the fact Sungyeol hyung hid that he was related to him kinds hurts me a little – and I have accompanied his webtoons since the beginning and I have to say, you're improving his work, I mean, I liked the other assistant but you are making sure everything seems more vivid you know?”

Thank you, I'm doing my best.” Myungsoo furrowed his brows, confused by this conversation.

So... I heard you read a lot of webtoons, which are your favorites?” Chanyeol asked.

Uh... I used to, but I have a kid, therefore, I don't have much spare time...” Myungsoo replied mechanically but once he felt Chanyeol expected more from his answer he elaborated a little more. “Hoya hyung previous one was one of my favorites, I already liked the plot and surely the art but Hoya hyung told me Sungyeol hyung helped with the basic idea for the plot twist...”

REALLY?” Chanyeol gasped then laughed. “If Sungyeol hyung helped him no wonder it came out so brilliant that got Hoya-nim noticed, but of course this is nothing for Sungyeol hyung.” Myungsoo raised a brow at him, kinda confused so the other elaborated. “Hyung and I study modern storytelling in Korean Literature and he's like...” He thought a bit of a good metaphor. “Google, he knows everything, so he helps me a lot whenever I'm struggling.”

Ok.” Myungsoo forced a smile because really, Chanyeol was leaving him uncomfortable and he didn't know the main point of this conversation. “Look, Chanyeol-shi, you don't need to force yourself to befriend me, we can coexist as Sungyeol friends without drama, so you don't need to...”

Friends?” Chanyeol interrupted scandalized and leaned over the table to hiss at Myungsoo. “What I saw in the club last Saturday doesn't seem like friendly behavior Myungsoo-shi.”

So? I fail to understand how was that any of your business.” The younger dad retorted with voice calm but slightly cold and with an intense stare to match as if he was getting ready to fight.

Sungyeol hyung is one of my best friends, I owe him a lot. Also, he has feelings for you and I don't want him to get hurt so if you're just playing or using him as a distraction...”

Myungsoo eyes squinted and he was about to tell this guy off when a white hand appeared on Chanyeol ear and pulled him away. “Park Chanyeol, haven't I told you to not in? What were you doing? Were you bullying him? I'll have you know I have a strong dislike for bully people.” It was Sungyeol, having pretty much the same dangerous dark aura he had when Myungsoo first met him, the one that pretty much said he was done with the world.

Ahn hyung!” The younger Yeol complained trying to free himself. “I was just trying to befriend him.” He whined once Sungyeol let go.

I think you mean coercing me into talking about my private life and, oh, you were about to start the part where threaten me.” Myungsoo quickly corrected.

Park Chanyeol.” Sungyeol growled sending laser beams with his eyes towards his friend so the other Yeol was quick to explain himself before Sungyeol pulled his ear again.

I was just trying to understand what I saw Saturday.” He then added in an embarrassed tone. “It would be easier to befriend him if I knew he is not playing around.”

The couple eyed each other then Sungyeol pinched the bridge of his nose, sighed and finally sat beside his friend. “Look, what you saw on Saturday was...” For a second Myungsoo felt a cold sensation on his stomach as if he was afraid Sungyeol would lie and, with that, throw a cold bucket of water on the always growing feelings he had for the other, but he was happily surprised instead. “...what it was, ok? A kiss.” He said in a lower tone.

Yeah but a kiss complicates stuff.” Chanyeol replied in the same low tone, at least it was obvious that none of them wanted to spread this. “Unless he feels the same way he shouldn't go around kissing you.”

I feel like I'm hearing Woohyun.” The younger almost laughed but was briefly ignored by the other two.

Chanyeol, what did I tell you?” Sungyeol asked and the said guy shifted in his place. “I told you Myungsoo and I are in a comfortable position so can you please focus your attention on something else and let me live my life? I'm not dumb, I know all advantages and disadvantages, I'm prepared for every outcome as well.”

What does that even mean?” Chanyeol asked a bit frustrated. “Are you two boyfriends or...”

Myungsoo opened his mouth to say a proud 'YES' and finally shut this guy up but he was interrupted by his lover. “He is what I want him to be, so keep your mouth shut and stop butting in, I can deal with my own life.”

Ok, whatever, if you want to do whatever you are doing I'll apologize for my behavior up till now.” Chanyeol said trying, and failing miserably, to pretend he wasn't a tiny bit hurt then turned to look at Myungsoo. “Congratulations on whatever this is and as long as you treat hyung nicely you'll have a friend in me Myungsoo-shi.”

Okay?” Myungsoo said warily.

Thank you Chanyeol.” Sungyeol forced a smile and then added in a much calmer tone. “I heard Dara noona was looking for, so you could excuse us a bit...”

Sure, I'm probably on the way.” Chanyeol said as now it was painfully obvious that Sungyeol wanted to be alone with Myungsoo. “Let's try a double date sometime, I swear I'll be more welcoming.” Again Myungsoo was gonna say something but Sungyeol, slightly red in the cheeks, pushed his friend away.

Bye, Chanyeol.”

Myungsoo raised a brow and waited for Chanyeol pout again and leave and Sungyeol face came back to its usual paleness before he dared to talk.

I think you hurt him somehow.” He pointed and Sungyeol just shrugged.

He had it coming. Besides, being friends with him sometimes is overwhelming, it's like he wants to know and in on everything but there are things that I simply don't want to share. I mean, considering that I don't get along with people that well, he is already high on my small friend list.”Myungsoo thought Sungyeol had a point, if you want to forget some dark overcome past you didn't need to keep repeating it, but then there was something that unsettled.

But if he is one of the closest people in your life and he says he can keep a secret, why you didn't confirm we are together already?” Myungsoo asked.

Myungsoo, as much confidence I have with my uality and everything I feel for you, discretion is something that people like you and I should prioritize in certain places, you should know how this goes right? Besides you have a lot of problems in your life and you are giving steps in order to fix them, I don't want you to worry about anything else.”

Yeah, but hyung, aside Woohyun, a relationship with you is not a problem for me.” He said honestly. “It's-it's a solution.” He added in such a low tone that his lover wasn't able to hear what he said.

Even if our relationship is not a problem for you, people can annoy you because of that and right now you should focus on Woohyun and your project and that's it.” The elder replied with a kind smile and Myungsoo was about to reply to that when Sungyeol continued, changing the subject. “How is that going by the way? And your project? Did the meeting go well?”

You know how these things go...”

I actually don't, even if I do have the opportunity to work on groups I always ask to do the assignments alone...” Sungyeol stopped talking because somebody that passed by greeted Myungsoo and looked weirdly to him, as the person was confused as to what Myungsoo was doing talking to a 'stranger'.

At that moment, Myungsoo got what Sungyeol meant by people annoying him because of their relationship and he wanted to get up and tell everyone he knew a big 'SO WHAT?', but because Sungyeol was discreet to the point of almost being a ghost in their college grounds, he decided to just to wave and made a point to focus all his attention on Sungyeol again.

Well, now that I know your personality a little more, I guess that's true. But then I should tell you that it goes with a lot of small talk and distractions before we get to the point. Half of my group were talking about a project for another class before we actually got to the point, but, once we did it, it went great.” Myungsoo replied, surprising Sungyeol a bit, the taller thought that Myungsoo got distracted by his friend passing by but instead the younger continued the conversation where it was left of, showing that Sungyeol still held his attention.

The elder was stunned for a couple of seconds as he processed what Myungsoo just said and the younger wondered if he had said something wrong. Once Sungyeol processed everything, he smiled showing that he was pleasingly surprised with what he just heard and Myungsoo made a puzzled expression though he looked intently to his hyung still paying attention to whatever the older might do, tell or show in his face or eyes.

This was something new for Sungyeol. In his past relationships, when this sort of situation happened, his lovers would take the opportunity to beg the passing person to come talk for bit to save them (as if Sungyeol was torturing them with words) and once the person left they took the opportunity to ignore whatever Sungyeol was saying and then start talking about themselves in a narcissistic way. The only that had never done that was Sangwoo, but only because Sangwoo never met him in public too.

Sungyeol liked that very, very much, but it was not like he wanted to tell Myungsoo he briefly made a comparison and put him on the top spot on his 'best things that happened to me' list so he just decided to change the subject.

The cafeteria isn't that much crowded yet, let's get some food already or else we won't have a table when we go back.” He suggested and beckoned Myungsoo to get up and follow him.

Despite the weird mood Chanyeol brought up, the lunch was good. Myungsoo asked how Sungyeol morning went and the taller explained he mostly worked on editing a book for Woollim, and that he had talked to a student that wanted some help today. After that, they spent some time coming up with some theories for Dark (a series they were watching together when the kids fell asleep) until they had to part.

Myungsoo thought that working for Hoya was very good, he was paid decently – not enough to cover all of his monthly expenses but certainly more than enough to indulge on a few luxuries and still be able to keep some money for the next month – he could build up certain skills and have his work appreciated by Hoya's fans (Holy's, yeah, he discovered Hoya had a fandom name). Today though he wasn't sure if it was a good idea accepting to work for Sungyeol cousin.

Come on dude, spill the beams.” Hoya asked after half an hour trying to hold himself up.

Spill what?” Myungsoo replied idly, not taking his eyes off the screen and not stopping his work.

Of course I'm talking about Saturday.” Hoya finally made it clear.

Uh, it was nice. I have never been to a club, you know, because of Woohyun I don't have the time for these stuff people my age like to do, or go, in this case.” He tried to reply and hoped that Hoya would be satisfied with that, unfortunately, that was not the case.

Because things will get really weird with Woohyun in this conversation let's forget about him a little.” Hoya said carefully before he continued. “You nailed the surprise party, everyone noticed that Sungyeol liked, and Dongwoo and I decided to go home because we thought you might lose that couple of weird people in the crowd and make out, so, did you reach the third base with Sungyeol or he is still being careful...”

Yes, he liked.” Myungsoo smiled pleased he earn e a million points with Sungyeol that day. “But it seems that Sungyeol hyung is holding a grudge because you ditched us.”

I ditched him because you'd be there with him to protect him a place like that, and, because I have a boyfriend that I love and because Sungyeol is my cousin and I can't look him like that, you would still be there to make out with him in the end.” Hoya explained and, noticing that Myungsoo was still diligently working he turned the younger chair around so Myungsoo would face him. “What happened on Saturday?”

Sungyeol hyung wasn't that much comfortable in the club so I brought him home.” Myungsoo played dumb.

What happened then?” Hoya asked excitedly.

Oh, we drank wine – the one Sungyeol hyung got as a gift – we ate Woohyun snacks and then talked about silly stuff.” Myungsoo dismissed and was about to turn around to continue his work when Hoya held his chair in place.

Aaaaand?” Hoya wriggled his brows.

That's it.” Myungsoo lied.

What? I can't possibly be hearing that. You didn't seal the deal?” Hoya asked surprised.

What deal?” Myungsoo played dumb.

Urgh, Myungsoo!” Hoya whined in frustration. “Sungjong told me something happened between you ok? Just spill, have you reached the third base or did you hit the home run already?”

I don't understand baseball metaphors, I am a basketball player.” Myungsoo simply blinked and Hoya was this close to pulling his hair off so he decided to use another tactic.

I'm sure I'm paying you well for the amount of work you're doing...” He started.

Thank you hyung, I'm very grateful.” Myungsoo smiled.

Yeah, ok, how do you feel if I pay you more to disclose that information?” Hoya suggested and threw a business-like smile.

What information hyung?” Myungsoo blinked and tried to sound innocent if his boss was expecting to extract information out of him he was confident he could withstand until it was time for dinner and then he would flee Hoya's place to reunite with his lover and their respective kids.

Hoya got tired of waiting and decided to be more than blunt and direct. “Have you two had ?”

Myungsoo smiled. “Ahn, that.” Hoya nodded in anticipation. “Stop hyung, it's weird discussing that with my boss during my work time.”

You don't have to think about me as a boss, think of me as helping family member – because if you are Sungyeol lover then you're somehow my cousin too – you can talk to me about anything and this can be considered a break.” Hoya encouraged with a smile that showed his pristine fangs, the perks of a dentist father.

Anything?” Myungsoo asked seeming surprised, even more, when he added the fact that he was apparently having a break after 40 minutes of work only.

Anything.” Hoya replied, thinking Myungsoo would finally tell him something.

The younger looked at his lap and played with his fingers a bit. “Sungyeol hyung dirtied my couch a bit with wine and it is not like I want to complain or nag him about it, but the furniture isn't exactly mine, I rented the apartment with it so I don't think the owner will like if it doesn't come off and I already tried....”

Hoya finally snapped with a growl then got up to pace back and forth before he came to Myungsoo and squinted his eyes at him. “At the beginning, I thought you were being very naïve or dumb, but now I think you were smartly, and purposely, playing dumb since the beginning of this conversation.” He accused.

Myungsoo eyes instantly got big, he didn't know if he angered Hoya too much and for a moment he was afraid of losing his job - because the other was still his boss and could fire him even though he had been friendly up til now – so he waited, kind of petrified, for Hoya to sit and sigh before talking again.

You suit each other. There is no way Sungyeol would ever entertain a crush or be that careful more than a few months if you weren't smart enough to keep up with him.” Hoya grumbled and Myungsoo was still a little bit scared of losing his job when Hoya, way more calmed, dismissed his fears. “You can act normal, you won't lose your job, I need you.” He said and Myungsoo sighed relieved but then he continued. “You aren't telling me anything, right?”

About that? No.” Myungsoo replied carefully then decided to change the topic. “But I can talk more about how we can use this new pattern to make the characters clothes seem more trendy and...”

I double your payment for that info.” Hoya made a final gamble that left Myungsoo quite stunned and he thought the younger was actually contemplating the offer until the younger inhaled deeply.

My financial situation is not that critical that I would forego my ethics and morals. Unless Sungyeol hyung tells you something, and I hope he doesn't, I won't be telling you anything about things that are meant to be private.” He said and then finally turned to get back at work.

Fine, fine, fine.” Hoya finally relented. “Jongie doesn't tell me anything, Yeol tells me nothing too, nobody shares a thing nowadays, ungrateful people. Humpf.” Hoya turned as he grumbled again and turned his chair to focus back on his work.

Half an hour later the atmosphere was heavy with Hoya puffing angry/hurt every five minutes, and Myungsoo decided to reconcile with his boss by giving him something, although he was set to not talk about the details of Saturday night. He turned his chair a bit and then touched his boss forearm to get his attention.

What?” Hoya spat. “Do you have a question?”

Hyung...” He couldn't help a shy smile this time, because honestly whenever he thought about his night with Sungyeol he felt butterflies on his stomach. “We are really happy, ok? And I'll make Sungyeol hyung happy for as long as I can.” He said honestly only for Hoya go from grumpy to utterly happy.

You little! You two did it right?”

Not telling you.” Myungsoo laughed and turned around to pay attention to work again, hoping Hoya didn't notice his cheeks getting a little flushed.

You totally did it! You totally did IT.” Hoya beamed and clapped his hands in happiness. “KKKKKKKK YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!”

I'm wearing my earphones.”~Ok now Myungsoo was done with this.

_______________________________________________________

Sungyeol peeked at his watch briefly as he maneuvered his car while parking, thankfully his class ended early and he could take his time walking lazily to pick the boys up, though he was sure the usual rushing would have to be used on their way out so he could dodge Dongwoo possible questioning about his birthday, there was no way he could talk about that, even more in a place full of seven-year-old kids.

If his clock was marking the time right the kids had just finished their classes so all Sungyeol had to do was to enter the school, spot them, and pray Dongwoo to be talking with some parent before he had the chance to ambush him. Unfortunately for him, he was one of the firsts to appear that day, so Dongwoo was just keeping an eye on the kids that were starting to play around when he was spotted.

Sungyeol, you arrived early!” Dongwoo smiled and approached him.

Yeah, my class ended early.” Sungyeol forced a smile. “Where are the boys?” He asked looking around and eager to leave the school.

Dongwoo tried to look at him in the eyes but Sungyeol avoided. He didn't need to be a genius to know Sungyeol was desperate to leave, probably to avoid some questioning about whatever Sungjong said, still, he had to talk with him.

Actually, can I talk to you for a minute?” Dongwoo asked and, honestly after Chanyeol shenanigans today Sungyeol wasn't in the mood to have another person butting in his life so he quickly snapped.

Hyung, Sungjong had no right to talk about...” He was in the middle of a hiss and probably a long rant too when Dongwoo interrupted him.

It's about the kids.” He said and Sungyeol immediately shut up and straightened himself a bit.

In this case what it is?”

You told the kids about Sungjong and Moonsoo and on your birthday you sort of outed Hoya and I and the kids' reaction were positive, but have you and Myungsoo had a talk with them about you two?”

Ehr, not yet.” Sungyeol admitted awkwardly. “Why?”

Nothing.” Dongwoo forced a smile. “It's just Woohyun seemed distracted today so I thought you might have. Do you know if there was anything wrong between them this weekend?”

Sungyeol frowned. “No. Woohyun was excited to come to school the same way he is any other day.”

Dongwoo turned around and instructed the kids to go pick up their bags to go, and while boys rushed to do what they were told, Dongwoo fixed his eyes on Sungyeol but didn't say anything more, actually his mind seemed to wander a bit.

Hyung, are you ok?” Sungyeol asked concerned.

Oh, yeah, yeah.” Dongwoo came out of his thoughts nodding away.

Are you sure? You're not one to space out.” Sungyeol insisted as the kids came beside them looked from one adult to the other.

Yes, yes.” Dongwoo forced a smile then looked down at the two boys and ruffled their hair. “Bye kids, do your homework and talk to your brother and your father about our festival ok?”

Sunggyu smiled brightly and his eyes twinkled, he seemed excited about whatever this festival thing was, but Woohyun didn't seem to be too happy about it because he looked away and shift his weight on the side of his feet like he often did when somehow nervous.

Ok then, I think we are ready to go.” Sungyeol said carefully, and the kids said their goodbyes to their teacher before turning to go, what they didn't expect was for Dongwoo stop Sungyeol with matching worried voice and eyes.

If something happens, and if I can help here, message me, ok?” The pink haired teacher said before moving to talk to another arriving parent and Sungyeol was left rooted in place for a couple seconds and then he moved only to see the kids waiting for him a few feet down the hall and while Sunggyu seemed puzzled Woohyun seemed completely uninterested and that was definitely odd.

When they arrived home they found Myungsoo finishing dinner (inside Sungyeol apartment because the elder had some kitchen apparatus that he didn't) and despite the couple wanting to talk to each other about their day, Sungyeol made sure to ask Woohyun to bathe first with the excuse he wanted to have a brief talk with Sunggyu and the boy just obeyed, he knew that Sungyeol often pulled Sunggyu to a corner when he wanted to complain about something the boy did.

What did I do? I'm eating the vegetables.” Sunggyu asked pitifully (because he couldn't think of anything else he could have done wrong) once his friend disappeared into their bathroom with the pajamas and boxers he left at their place.

Forget the vegetables. What is happening with Woohyun? Do you know anything about Dongwoo hyung too?” Sungyeol pleaded.

I don't know about hyung, he taught us like any other day.” Sunggyu promptly informed and Sungyeol nodded, maybe Dongwoo was just worried about Woohyun, so he prompted his brother with his eyes to continue. “Woohyunnie... Woohyunnie...” the boy hesitated.

You are not getting into trouble, you can trust me Sunggyu, is there anything wrong with Woohyun? I want to help him.” Sungyeol insisted, maybe he could have a word with Myungsoo before Woohyun came out of the shower.

I don't know.” The boy said with a tone that begged to be believed. “Maybe he is tired, I don't know, he didn't tell me he was upset with anything.” Sungyeol sighed deeply, if Woohyun didn't open up to Sunggyu there was nothing he could do to try to help with whatever this was, he tried to think positively though because maybe the boy would open up to his father later.

He just...” Sungyeol looked into the boy small eyes while he hesitated, he didn't know if what he had to say explained anything. “We were playing with the other kids well and then I needed to go to the bathroom but when I came back Woohyunnie was all alone and quiet....”

Did you think they said something to him? Maybe they treated Woohyunnie badly like those bad kids treated you last year?” Sungyeol suggested.

I DON'T KNOW!” Sunggyu whined frustrated.

 

______________________________________________________________
AN: HEy guys, sorry for taking so long, things have been a rush, BUT INFINITE IS FINALLY BACK !!!!!!!!!!!! And their album is sooooooooooo good. OK, I confess I didn't like Tell me as much as I did the others (still I'm streaming whenever I can) for me it's Pray all the way (couldn't help the pun). What's your favorite song? Or top 3? Tell me luv luv luv .

What do you think about the reactions? And what do you think about Dongwoo and Woohyun?