You give me something - Teasings - Damage control

Tangled
 
 
 

Sungyeol didn't know if it was because of the anger this situation brought him, because he was thrilled to get back at his ex-lover to prevent any attempt of reconciliation he didn't want, or because Myungsoo was even more handsome (he swore he had never paid attention to this before) this close, but his heart was beating so, so, so fast.

His mind was in conflict though and this was why he couldn't move. A part of his brain screamed: ', run for the hills, he is straight, straight! You will develop feelings and he won't be able to reciprocate! You'll regret, he'll be disgusted, please push him away!'. The other part of his brain screamed: ' that, take advantage of someone else for once, he is hot, kiss the living daylights of him and make Sangwoo wish he never cheated on you!' And the tiny little of coherence he still had couldn't decide which way to go.

Sungyeol hadn't paid attention before but Myungsoo had something in him, and he felt that something the moment their lips touched because a long shiver ran down his spine. The problem was that Myungsoo felt that too because Sungyeol felt his hands holding him tighter.

Sungyeol couldn't believe this was happening, he was being kissed by the person he hated just a couple of weeks before, not to mention they barely started again and were still a little awkward, so he didn't know what to feel much less how the hell he would face Myungsoo after that was over.

It was only when Myungsoo was angling his own head to have better access that Sungyeol felt a slight trembling against his lips that made his senses come back to him. Why was Myungsoo trembling? Was that... disgust? Could it only be right? After all, he was gay and Myungsoo was a straight man, and maybe he meant well by trying to help, but this was him doing something against his nature so it could only be...

you two.” Sangwoo hissed and finally moved.

They heard the door of the bathroom open and close with a loud bam and Sungyeol found strength in himself and pushed Myungsoo away. “I can't believe you did this... Is this a joke to you? Do you think because I'm gay and in this kind of situation you can simply do whatever?” He asked in surprise and trying his best not to blush and make his heart stop beating.

Myungsoo closed his eyes and gulped hard.

He closed his eyes and gulped hard, he knew he didn't have many options, but he had to do something, Jihyun was right there and she needed him, now more than ever. He tried to quickly think about a solution, but everything he thought had bigger consequences and the only thing he thought that could do some damage control was this. So he took a deep breath and lifted a trembling hand and tried to slide the strap of her dress down her shoulders.

She promptly slapped his hand away and pushed him down the bed before running all the way to the other side of the room.

Is this a joke for you? Do you think because I'm a girl in this kind of situation you can simply do whatever?” She asked with the most betrayed but even tone she could muster at the time. “I trusted you all my life, how could you!? Were you lying to me?”

Let me help you.” He pleaded.

How can this be 'help' Myungsoo?” She asked and at that point who would think about using honorifics? “HOW!? Don't be disgusting!”

No, no, no.” Myungsoo tried to say softly although he looked guilty and quite distressed and his manly voice might or might not have cracked. “I-I was trying to help you and-and...”

I didn't say anything because it was advantageous to me, but you went too far! Just because I'm gay it doesn't mean that you can do this, you're straight, you didn't have to go to such lengths if that disgusted you.” Sungyeol explained with an emotion that Myungsoo didn't know what it was.

I'm not that kind of person, that didn't disgust me, that...” Myungsoo tried to defend himself but words were halted, it seemed that he wanted to say something but something was preventing him and he looked utterly conflicted. “I'm sorry, please forgive me, I didn't mean to make you angry, please! I don't want to fight you again, I...”

Sungyeol breathed deeply in and out and then pinched the bridge of his nose to alleviate before sighing. “Yeah, because of the kids. Look.... we both have different interests and this won't ever happen anymore so let's forget this, besides you were trying to help me so I'll forgive you because you also forgave me.” Sungyeol forced himself to pretend everything was ok. “Now, let's go back to Sunggyu’s birthday.” He added trying to bring his tone and inner emotions for an even state although it was evident in his semblance that Sungyeol seemed a bit upset.

But...” Again words were stuck in Myungsoo’s throat and Sungyeol just shook his head.

Let's not make them wait anymore, come on.” With that Sungyeol went for the door and Myungsoo couldn't help but sigh and follow him, after all, if Sangwoo was still lurking around they had to go on with the lie.

Sungyeol walked two steps ahead of Myungsoo and the younger had his head down as he tried to make sense of what just happened and it was because he was looking down that he saw Sungyeol’s hand urging him to hold hands. A quick look ahead and Myungsoo saw that the old guy was back at his table and his friends seemed to be asking him why he took so long in the bathroom, but, as soon as his eyes saw him and Sungyeol, Myungsoo felt his skin burn with the elder hatred, so he did what he had to do.

He grabbed Sungyeol's hand and slightly pulled him back so they both could walk side by side and plastered one of his best-dimpled smiles before whispering through his teeth. “Do you think he will bother you again today?”

No, not in front of his friends, he never introduced me to them so he probably won't create a scene.” Sungyeol answered back, making a show of flashing a smile back at Myungsoo.

The young dad was thinking that Sungyeol’s smile was something really really nice to see when they reached the table and Sungyeol lets go of his hand to plop down in front of Sunggyu that surprisingly was still eating half of his hamburger although Woohyun seemed to have finished his and was talking animatedly with Dongwoo.

As soon as Sungyeol sat down, everyone eyes were automatically on them, some of them wore knowing/teasing looks, some were concerned, and some (the kids) were lost.

Are you ok?” Dongwoo was the first to ask in concern and Myungsoo finally sat and started to prepare to eat his salad.

Yes.” Sungyeol replied. “I guess.”

Daddy, can we open the cake now?” Woohyun asked eagerly.

Woohyun, it is Sunggyu’s birthday, you have to wait for him to finish eating so we can sing and cut the cake.” Myungsoo said with a half smile.

I can't believe that person followed you to the bathroom.” Sungjong huffed. “What did ... want?”

I can't eat this anymore.” Sunggyu whined. “Hyung, I want cake.”

Let me have it.” Moonsoo asked and Sunggyu passed his half eaten a hamburger to his friend’s uncle.

To get back together.” Sungyeol explained as if nothing and started to unwrap his burger then spoke to Sunggyu. “Wait for me to finish this and then we will cut it.”

And how did that go?” Hoya asked.

Sungyeol squinted his eyes at his cousin and hoped to be doing something similar to his cousin’s face. “How do you think it went? Do you really think that we would get back together? Hyung please, I won't let anyone fool me twice.” He gave his cold hamburger a bite and spoke with his mouth full after some seconds. “Myungsoo gave me a bit of help.” He admitted.

And what he did to help you, Sungyeol-shi?” Now it was Moonsoo’s time to look past Sungjong towards Sungyeol and his own brother on the other side of the table and ask with some innocent curiosity, but Sungjong, Hoya, and Dongwoo looked at them with not so innocent eyes and even some wriggling brows with the courtesy of Lee Howon, the shipper.

Oh, shush it.” Sungyeol complained and threw a ketchup sachet towards his cousin, and the guy thanked the gods it wasn't open or else his white jacket would be totally sprayed in red.

Nothing big happened, I just subtly implied he might get a beating if he tried to get back with hyung again.” Myungsoo lied again, hoping that everybody let this go and concentrated on... they didn't have any more food to be concentrating on anymore, but he hoped his tone made people think nothing big happened.

Yeah, nothing big.” Sungyeol confirmed with a hint of bitter tone and going back to his hamburger. “I don't want to talk about this anymore.” He said in a definitive tone before he gave his burger another bite, doing his best to push that memory to the corner of his mind, he didn't want to remember things that he felt that could make him very uncomfortable right now.

Hoya, Dongwoo, and Sungjong looked at each other kind of disappointed they wouldn't be hearing anything juicy, but they weren't expecting what came next.

Liar, liar pants on fire.” Moonsoo sing songs.

Are you lying daddy?” Woohyun asked right after.

No.” Myungsoo denied.

He is.” Moonsoo smiled although he still had some food in his mouth, as he watched his brother bemusedly.

He is.” Woohyun agreed but Myungsoo just gave him one stare and the young boy was already looking at something else, oh, look how those veggies Sunggyu didn't want were so interesting.

Sungyeollie, what aren't you telling us?” Hoya asked showing his fangs of the devil and Sungyeol winced.

Guys, please, it's Sunggyu’s birthday let's not talk about this...” Sungyeol was about to try to appeal to their soft spot for the clueless Sunggyu when Moonsoo interjected.

It was skinship, right? Myungsoo hyung did skinship, right? You can tell us, Myungsoo hyung is a big skin shipper.” Myungsoo tried to glare at his brother to shut his trap but noticed from the corner of his eye movement from Sangwoo table.

Actually, it was more than skinship. Sungyeol thought but knew it wasn't wise to vocalize this and get all kinds of teasing from his family and even before he could say anything he felt Myungsoo put an arm around his shoulders and Sangwoo and his friends pass by his table.

It's fine hyung, daddy loves doing skinship, he hugs me and Uncle Moonsoo all the time.” Woohyun giggled, finding the situation funny while his friend followed the conversation with his small eyes, and Sangwoo stopped a couple of feet away to give a double take at them.

Myungsoo took this opportunity to lay his head against Sungyeol’s shoulder and the taller played his part and caressed Myungsoo’s chin. “You need to shave.” He said playfully.

Aigoooo, aren't they two cute muffins?” Hoya teased and Sungyeol wanted to kill him, but not right now when Sangwoo was still within the radar. “Look at this, you have competition hyung.” Hoya teased Dongwoo next and earned a soft slap on his leg, not that he minded, he actually embraced.

Sangwoo gave the last huff and went out of the precinct with his worried friends behind him and Sungyeol grabbed Myungsoo chin and detached him before taking the younger’s hand and taking it from his shoulder as well. “Ok, it was a bit of skinship.” Sungyeol lied as he thought the grinning boys before him would be satisfied with that. “But I feel uncomfortable doing skinship with someone like him.”

Well, that's understandable.” Sungjong said a bit awkward as Myungsoo went back to his salad with his head down and Moonsoo to his hamburger. “I'm sorry hyung it was my idea.”

Always, you, stop butting in my life.” Sungyeol half assed a complaint.

But, why you don't like? Is it because daddy is a boy?” Woohyun asked dumbfounded. “Two boys can do skinship too, see?” Woohyun hugged Sunggyu that indulged on the hug and Myungsoo chuckled as he ate. “And daddy hugs are the best hugs ever!” The boy added.

They are!” Sunggyu agreed. “But I prefer Woohyunnie's.” He almost purred which earned a laugh from Dongwoo.

But some kinds of skinship can only be done between lovers and I'm a boy and your dad is too and we don't....” Sungyeol was about to try to explain that whatever happened between them shouldn't happen because they were two boys that liked different things when Woohyun interrupted him.

Hyung, I don't understand but do you know that two boys can like each other too like Uncle Moonsoo likes Sungjong hyung so they can do skinship.” Woohyun announced and Sungyeol paused and blinked a bit only to turn to the teenagers and see that Sungjong was frozen and Moonsoo was pale, both of them were totally uncomfortable.

Woohyun who taught you that?” Myungsoo gave the second glare as a warning and Woohyun shut up and shrunk, finally getting the hint he was behaving badly if he got the third warning he would be grounded for sure.

Like friends right?” Sunggyu asked for the umpteenth time. “Because Sungyeol hyung said Sungjong hyung likes Moonsoo hyung but he is also in love.” Poor Sunggyu confused everything, but that was enough to make a mess since now Sungjong was the one pale, much for Dongwoo and Hoya’s pleasure, and Moonsoo choked with the last piece of hamburger.

Both Myungsoo and Dongwoo promptly got up to help Moonsoo while Hoya was cracking up. Sungjong was too embarrassed to do anything and the two kids looked confused and seemed to not follow what was happening.

Sungyeol cleared his throat. “I guess it's time for the cake right?” He suggested as Moonsoo finally got to cough food out of his throat

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY CAKEEE!” The boys cheered happily, quickly forgetting whatever mess they created and Sungyeol put his half eaten a hamburger to the side to open the cake and put the candles Myungsoo brought on it while the said guy wrapped himself around his brother and patted him until the boy felt better.

Are you ok?” Myungsoo asked once he let go.

Moonsoo leaned on his chair and looked at the ceiling before rubbing both of his hands on his face to hide his blushing cheeks. “I want to die.”

Myungsoo chuckled. “You'll survive, I'll have a talk with him later ok?” Moonsoo nodded dispirited after all whats done couldn't be undone.

Once Sungyeol lit the eight candles, he started singing the birthday song which was followed by the adults and the other kid. Sunggyu was grinning all the time and both Dongwoo and Myungsoo were taking pictures of the moment, although Dongwoo’s pictures were nothing compared to those Myungsoo and his experience as a photographer created.

Once everyone ended the song, Sunggyu was about to blow his candles but Woohyun held him back. “Hyung, you have to make a wish! My wish came true, yours can too!” He said and finally, Sungjong smiled bemusedly.

Sunggyu thought a bit before saying aloud. “I wish for Myungsoo hyung and Sungyeol hyung to become best friends too so Woohyunnie and I can spend even more time together.” And Fuuuuh, Sunggyu blew his candles as the other boy clapped excitedly.

Sungyeol and Myungsoo glanced at each other and then avoided gazes, and the tallest dared to pretend that Sunggyu wasn't talking about him.

You know you weren't supposed to say out loud right? Or else it won't happen.” Hoya said and Sunggyu was about to make a disappointed face when Woohyun patted his hair.

No, hyung, don't listen to him, my birthday wish came true.” He repeated.

What was his birthday wish?” Moonsoo asked his brother but before Myungsoo could answer Sungjong answered in his place.

If I recall correctly it was something about Sungyeol hyung allowing him and Sunggyu to play together.” Sungjong threw a teasing stare at Sungyeol’s way before adding. “I never thought that that would happen but here we are.” He said deviously, momentarily forgetting how embarrassed he was with the kids exposing him.

Let's just cut the cake.” Sungyeol said annoyed, although he was already planning in his head how to get back at his brother.

He then positioned himself behind Sunggyu and helped the maknae to cut the first slice of cake then asked to whom he wished to give it. Everyone knew that the first slice of cake was always given to the one the birthday boy liked the most, so everyone was kind of anticipating that moment, that, due to the absence of parents and the recent closeness between Sungyeol and Sunggyu, it seemed that Sungjong would have competition this year.

Sunggyu’s eyes wandered and Hoya and Dongwoo perked up with the possibility after all Hoya was Sunggyu’s funny hyung and Dongwoo was his favorite teacher that came to celebrate his birthday for the first time. But also there was Woohyunnie, his best friend, that thought he wasn't gonna receive it but was still expectant, and Myungsoo, who apparently had the best hugs ever, not to mention that Moonsoo was trying to win Sunggyu’s heart by doing some aegyo.

The first slice is mine.” Sunggyu smartly announced, he didn't want to hurt anyone with his choice and could have the cake at the same time, a clever decision, really.

Dongwoo laughed hard and complimented Sunggyu’s brain as Hoya and Sungjong playfully complained and bickered with each other and Sunggyu secretly, or what he thought it was secret because Myungsoo was actually taking pictures of the moment, shared his slice of cake with Woohyun.

As for Sungyeol, he observed the others and smiled to himself, despite everything that happened last year and what happened with Sangwoo in the bathroom, they were having such a nice time, the kids seemed happy and he felt proud not to mention that the journey they were trailing was starting to have fewer bumps on the way.

They ate exactly ¾ of the small cake Myungsoo brought, and while doing that they goofed around and Hoya and Myungsoo apparently connected as they talked about webtoons and exercises. It wasn't until Dongwoo announced that he had to go home because he would be visiting his newborn niece next morning that the party was over.

They cleaned up the table and Sungyeol collected Sunggyu’s gifts and the rest of his cake to go. When they got to the parking lot Hoya and Dongwoo quickly said their goodbyes and left and then the rest of the group walked towards Moonsoo and Sungyeol cars that were close to one another. Myungsoo was about to walk ahead with Woohyun to his brother’s car when Sungyeol called him.

Hey, where are you going?”

Get a ride with my brother?” Myungsoo asked confused with Sungyeol because it was pretty obvious what they were doing.

Why? We are going to the same place, I can take you and Woohyun, it's no problem.” Sungyeol offered, although if it wasn't for him wanting to mess with Sungjong he would have probably skipped the invitation due to embarrassment, unfortunately for Sungjong, he was up to no good today. Myungsoo wanted to refuse but his neighbor was quick to add something that convinced him. “Besides Moonsoo and Sungjong are going to the same place as well so...”

But I'm not going to the dorms, I'll sleep over at your place tonight.” Sungjong said, trying to avoid being alone with Moonsoo when he remembered the events of the night.

Well, you can't.” Sungyeol quickly said.

Why?” Sungjong was confused.

Because.... because Woohyun is going to sleep over and the kids will use my bed.” Sungyeol quickly came up with an excuse and Myungsoo just smirked at the two teenagers while Sunggyu cheered.

Yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! Sleepover!”

But hyung... I'm getting a bit sleepy.” Woohyun said rubbing his eyes cutely.

Well, good luck champs, do us all that favor ok?” Myungsoo patted his brother shoulder for Moonsoo mortification and opened the door for the kids and Sunggyu climbed on the car while Woohyun briefly gave his uncle a waist hug and said his goodbyes before climbing too. “Bye Sungjong.”

Myungsoo also sat in the passenger seat and Sungyeol gave Sungjong, that had his jaw hanging low in disbelief, a devious smile before getting inside the car and speeding up, now the maknae of both families would have to solve this between themselves.

The ride towards their building wasn't big, but Myungsoo thought that considering what happened in the bathroom, it would be awkward which happened but at the same time didn't happen.

Woohyun started to doze off the moment he sat in the backseat and eventually gave up and just leaned on Sunggyu’s lap to sleep, and Sungyeol decided to strike up a conversation so he could show Myungsoo that he had every intention to keep his word and work on a friendship with him, not to mention to make the ride more pleasurable for them, although he wasn't sure if he would make this plan work.

I teased Sungjong earlier, but I didn't know your brother...” He started and Myungsoo chuckled.

I started to suspect when he started to volunteer to babysit Woohyun every weekend.” He admitted.

Sungyeol hummed in agreement. “Now it makes sense why you don't mind...” He concluded his thinking without concluding the sentence because Sunggyu was pretty much awake behind him.

Actually...” Myungsoo hesitated. “Before I noticed something growing between them I didn't know about him.”

Oh really? That's surprising.” Sungyeol gasped and Woohyun stirred up in his sleep which made Sunggyu look down and pat the younger’s hair while the two adults look in the rear view mirror to be sure the boy didn't wake up. Sungyeol spent some good minutes in silence before talking again. “For me... there was.. there were some unfortunate circumstances that brought this to my parent's attention, but Sungjong... by the time he realized I already knew it.”

Myungsoo stopped to think about that statement. Sungyeol was so mysterious to him it seems like he had a lot of issues and mysteries and just like Sunggyu with his jigsaw puzzles, he felt tempted to solve that hyung. Still, they had been talking during their rides but haven't talked about anything that Myungsoo would consider an essential/valuable piece of information that could be the starting piece to solve the puzzle that was his neighbor.

So, what do you think about them? I mean... you know... together.” Myungsoo ended up asking after some minutes of silence, but he could already spot their building in the distance.

Well...” Sungyeol hesitated as he thought about that matter. “I had a good impression of him.” He said and Myungsoo felt relieved for his brother, but at the same time he felt hurt, were the bad impressions reserved for him only? “But of course this means nothing, I end up always proving that I don't always get the correct impression from people.” He ended up concluding. “But if you're asking me this question to know if I will mess with them, then the answer is no. Sungjong can smell trouble on people better than I do so he probably get himself out of complicated situations before anything can happen. Say Myungsoo, your parents know/care about these kinds of stuff?”

My parents accepted me getting married and having a kid, isn't that worse?” He asked back although his tone indicated some tension in it which the taller decided to ignore for now. Sungyeol thought Myungsoo’s situation was more concerning if he took in consideration his neighbor was quite young when he had Woohyun, but, again, not everyone thought the same way as him. “Don't worry about my parents, Moonsoo probably wins over anything.” Myungsoo added when Sungyeol finally parked his car in front of their building.

We're here.” He announced and both men went out of the car to get their respective kids.

Myungsoo was very careful to detach his son from Sunggyu and accommodate him against his waist and chest, a place that the younger, despite being seven years old, still fitted so well because he was small for his age while Sungyeol got his brother’s cake and guided a now sleepy Sunggyu by the hand towards the elevator.

Isn't he heavy?” Sungyeol asked to break the silence once they were inside the elevator.

Myungsoo chuckled and patted Woohyun’s hair fondly. “He is pretty light for someone that eats so much and I'm used, he helps me exercise.” He said although Sungyeol didn't know what he meant with that.

But isn't about time to let him walk?” Sungyeol questioned again.

He walks.” Myungsoo said as he held his son tightly. “But he's small and lightweight so I can still savor the moments where he can fit in my arms, I think I'll miss that once he grows up and starts to hate me.” He said the last part with sadness in his tone as if he was convinced that would happen, a thing that Sungyeol thought it was strange.

I don't understand very well the dynamics between you two but I think it works for you two, I don't think Woohyun will be that kind of teenager.” Sungyeol didn't know why but he wanted to soothe the young dad. “But I see in Sunggyu’s small eyes that he will give me trouble, it's incredibly easy for me to upset him so... Yeah.” Sungyeol added awkwardly.

Myungsoo wanted to thank the kind words because he thought Sungyeol was awkwardly praising his relationship with Woohyun, and he was. Unfortunately, his neighbor knew nothing but Myungsoo knew that sooner or later that day would come, he knew why Woohyun would hate him and he knew he could delay but couldn't avoid. Myungsoo settled for a sigh that made Sungyeol furrow his brows, but, before he could even think about asking what made him think that about his own son, the door of the lift opened and Myungsoo quickly went out which made the taller lose his opportunity.

The young dad made some gymnastics to take his keys out of his pocket without waking his son and Sungyeol also opened his door for Sunggyu to go inside before he called his neighbor.

Myungsoo, thank you for coming.” He said politely.

Thank you for inviting us.” The other replied just as politely.

Good night.” Sungyeol gave a half bow and quickly disappeared behind his door before the other could say anything more.

Myungsoo also closed his door as silently as he could with his feet then directed himself to his son’s room. He left the boy on the bed to grab his panda pajamas and then changed him carefully before tucking him in and kissing the boy on his forehead.

Can't you ever grow?” He whispered although he knew that this wouldn't happen and no one would hear him either.

With a sigh, Myungsoo left his son’s room and directed himself for his. He changed his clothes into more comfortable ones, black pants, and a black t-shirt before he laid on his bed to sleep as well although it wasn't very late at night.

The thing was sleep obviously didn't come to him, he kept turning in his bed and images of what happened today appeared before his eyes every time he closed them. He sighed, it wasn't the first time Sungyeol occupied his thoughts.

At first, he was plainly angry with his neighbor, how could a person tell him in his face that Woohyun would be a bad influence to anyone? This piece of muffing sleeping next room? Then he remembered the part where Sungyeol told him that he couldn't be trusted and he spent many nights thinking about what the hell he did to be the reason why Woohyun and Sunggyu couldn't be friends. He thought over and over and fell asleep in the process a lot of times, but eventually, he came to the conclusion that it was because he was a young dad.

There was also that one time he thought about how was the best way to try to invite Sungyeol and Sunggyu to Woohyun’s birthday. He failed, but it was worth a try. He also spends a lot of nights thinking about how Sungyeol would react, and how he would fight Sungyeol back, once the neighbor realized Sunggyu had been coming over behind his back and what ended up happening wasn't like any scenario he imagined. And then there was the parent teaching meeting where his anger towards his neighbor didn't let him get a wink of sleep.

And then when Sunggyu came to him for help. Maybe he developed a soft spot for Sunggyu and wanted to help the boy, because Sungyeol clearly didn't deserve anything from him at that moment, maybe it was because he wanted Sungyeol to change his impressions of him and let the kids play, but he stayed up all night to help, and worry over, his neighbor.

A sick Sungyeol was a quiet Sungyeol and Myungsoo preferred this one better because it was simply way easier to deal with, he obeyed every time Myungsoo asked something of him and he was glad for it, really glad. When he finally laid down to sleep beside his neighbor he couldn't help but to take a good look in his face and... Sungyeol, despite being sick, was a very handsome man: pale complexion, but rosy and slightly pouty lips, dark brown hair that could be styled to make him look cute or y, long eyelashes in his big eyes, and the right amount of cheeks. He remembered that right before he slept that night he thought why this handsome man had such personality... there had to be something that explained that.

And Myungsoo thought hard about that, creating theories in his mind until he was caught by surprise when Sungyeol hadn't made a scene when he found out about Sunggyu and invited him for dinner next weekend. He was even more caught by surprise when Sungyeol apologized for everything he ever was done - awkwardly, but kind of adorable – and Myungsoo forgiveness came easy mainly when his heart made a different leap that day when Sungyeol smiled.

He spent some time to assimilate that he and Sungyeol had made up and were now 'friends', but, really, who would blame Myungsoo if he didn't believe that yet? But Sungyeol had meant that, because he had been pleasant during the rides he offered in the mornings and they were being able to talk about this and that and know more details about each other. He caught himself enjoying that and even anticipating, so it was with a smile on his face that he accepted the invitation to Sunggyu’s birthday, this way the kids would enjoy themselves and he would get to meet the older neighbor friends and get to know more about him.

He really wasn't expecting what happened though. At first, when he volunteered to help Sungyeol, his intentions were to safely him back to the table, but then he ended up pretending they were lovers and went for a kiss, which happened.

Honestly he thought that after that, all their efforts would crumble and he would be hated again, but then the moment his lips touched Sungyeol he felt something and he knew by the way Sungyeol shivered against him that he felt that something too, their bodies simply reacted to each other and that made Sungyeol hold him tighter.

But then that moment was broken when Sungyeol’s ex-lover went out of the bathroom and Sungyeol pushed him away. He seemed angry, almost as if Myungsoo had taken advantage of him somehow and he misunderstood everything, Myungsoo wasn't disgusted at all, Sungyeol was a handsome man, how could he be disgusted by kissing him? He was only nervous because it was Sungyeol, a handsome man, with a difficult personality, that used to hate him with all his guts, he was only afraid to go back to square one.

Sungyeol told him Myungsoo would be forgiven because he had been forgiving too but he knew that something wasn't alright for Sungyeol, and would not be for him as well and as long as he believed that he couldn't sleep. Myungsoo sighed and sat up on his bed to get his phone and look at the time. 10:30 PM, would Sungyeol still be up? He quickly got up and went for the door, he had to try to apologize right now when the kids were sleeping or else he wouldn't have another opportunity until Monday morning, and, knowing himself, he wouldn't be able to sleep till then.

He knocked on Sungyeol’s door and shifted his weight from one foot to the other nervously, there was only silence on the other side of the door and he thought his neighbor was probably sleeping, still, he wanted to try. Myungsoo was debating himself if he should try again or go back to his own apartment when the door finally opened and Sungyeol poked his head outside with a confused expression.

Myungsoo?”

Hi, hyung, did I wake you up?”

No, no, I wasn't sleeping.” Sungyeol said as he opened the door to show all of his body in all gray pajamas.

Am I interrupting something then? I'd like to talk to you.”

No, I was working a bit but I can spare you some minutes. Is this about the boys?” Sungyeol asked in concern.

No, this is about you and me.” Myungsoo replied as bold as he could and the confusion and hint of concern he had disappeared completely so he could use a poker face so Myungsoo continued. “I know you said you'd forgive me, but I can't sleep if I don't talk about this again, I don't want you to misunderstand anything.”

Misunderstand? What's there is to misunderstand?” Sungyeol tried to sound confused. “If you are worried because I am gay and I might develop some sort of feelings...”

I just don't want you to think I was disgusted.” Myungsoo interrupted and Sungyeol was taken aback a bit but figured that in this situation the best course of action was to let Myungsoo take things out of his chest and then he would see what he would do from there. “Because I wasn't.”

Ok?” Sungyeol mumbled unsurely.

I just...” He ruffled his own hair in frustration because he wasn't being able to translate the things in his mind into words. It wasn't disgusting, it was something else.

OK Myungsoo, something else then, but since we are talking about this, explain to me why a straight man would tremble while kissing a gay man. If that wasn't disgusting what was it then?” He asked as he referred to the way Myungsoo lips trembled against his. “Because I'm sure you didn't need to go to such lengths, Sangwoo hyung was falling for the act without the kiss already and...” Sungyeol tried to argument and Myungsoo instantly looked down to his feet.

Among other things.. fear.” Sungyeol raised a brow at him and Myungsoo finally lifted his head to look at him. “I thought you would hate me again and we would go back to square one.”

Well, I could.” Sungyeol admitted. “Even if I were to be a girl that attitude was...”

But I wish you wouldn't.” Myungsoo interrupted him again. “Because I want to be your friend. He added and Sungyeol frowned. “In my situation, it's quite difficult to live a normal life without having to hide Woohyun. I don't want to hide him, I'm a proud father, but sometimes I have to because when people don't look at me like I'm the most irresponsible person in the world they look at Woohyun as if he is weighing me down and… I don't know if you get what I mean but even if we started on the wrong foot I want to build a more structured friendship with you and...”

Ok, calm down. If you want me to forget that happened it is ok, I was going to do that anyway.” Sungyeol said and Myungsoo made an expression as if his neighbor didn't quite get what he meant. “I'm putting effort so we can get past misunderstandings and I also don't want to fight anymore because it is so stressful for me as well. I hope you know that what you did... He hesitated as he scratched his nape nervously but then he decided to just tell him. … and the way I reacted... leaves me embarrassed and a bit awkward so it will take me some time to feel normal again, but still I'll keep putting effort to overcome that and stay friends, ok? Don't worry about that.” He assured.

Myungsoo seemed to relax a bit but then he bowed. “All I had in my mind was the thought to help you because you seemed to be fed up with that guy, I didn't think about the consequences. I'm sorry I went overboard, but I want you to know that if we stay friends I'll back you up on everything you might need. E.ve.ry.thing.”

It's ok.” Sungyeol said once again as he tried to pull Myungsoo straight. “I also hope you can excuse me for my harsh words, I was angry because of the situation and I got angry at you for something that hadn't deeper meanings. This won't happen again so if we can just put this behind us ….” Sungyeol said with a hopeful tone.

Yeah.” Myungsoo agreed, but he still seemed dejected and defeated. “Thank you for your understanding, it wasn't disgusting, you are not disgusting, I swear.”

Ok. Myungsoo, ok. I believe.” Sungyeol let out an amused smile and that made Myungsoo feel better. “You should go to sleep now, you won't be coherent pretty soon.” Myungsoo stretched his lips in a half smile and was about to go back to his apartment when Sungyeol remembered something. “Wait, Myungsoo!” He called and the younger turned around. “You said that that was fear among other things, out of curiosity... what are other things?”

Myungsoo looked at him with an almost depressed expression. “I'm sorry hyung, I can't tell you this. I don't want us to be more awkward and I need us to build more trust on each other if I ever decide to tell you. Good night hyung.”

Myungsoo disappeared behind his door and Sungyeol closed his apartment door and went back to his room. Arriving there he saved his progress and turned off his laptop, after all, because of this conversation he was sure he wouldn't be able to concentrate on anything anymore.

Actually, it was hard to even before this because, despite knowing what happened was wrong, all that he could think about was the brief kiss he shared with his neighbor and the way his body reacted with a long shiver. If Myungsoo were to be gay he would be giddy all over and probably wouldn't be able to sleep due to excitement, but then he wasn't and Sungyeol had to confront the reality that nothing had any meaning.

He thought they would take some time to be able to meet eyes again, he wasn't expecting for Myungsoo to approach him and apologize to him again, and although he appreciated and was willing to forgive and forget, it didn't seem as if Myungsoo was completely satisfied with that and he didn't know why. He knew that before knocking on his door Myungsoo probably also had been thinking about their kiss (probably not in the same way as him), and that situation distressed him, but what Sungyeol really didn't understand was what he meant when he said that he felt other things, what, as a straight man, did he felt then?