Why does it always rain on me? - Relieving Guilt

Tangled
 
 

Say ah.” Sunggyu said as he tried his best to keep balancing the food on a fork while he waited for Woohyun open his mouth but the boy only shakes his head and keep sobbing quietly. “Hyung!” Sunggyu whined worriedly as he shifted his eyes on his brother.

Why he can't pick up the phone?” Sungyeol half-yelled frustrated and both boys shivered more from surprise than fear, Sungyeol was in his best behavior for some months already and none of them could really complain when they faced a situation like this.

The elder lifted himself from his couch and walked towards the table to sit on Woohyun other side and pat the boy in the head. “Woohyun, you never gave me trouble to eat, eat at least a little.” Sungyeol pleaded.

Ho-how ca-can I eat?” Woohyun lifted his round crying eyes to look at Sungyeol. “Daddy is .. Daddy is...” The boy started sobbing again and Sunggyu begged with his little eyes for his brother to do some things but there wasn't much what Sungyeol could do.

I'll keep trying but if he doesn't pick up in the next twenty minutes, I'm calling your entire family and the police.” Sungyeol said then dialed Myungsoo's number again.

The eldest had no idea what was happening, Myungsoo wasn't one to disappear and even before they got together he always sent at least messages like: 'is Woohyun ok?', 'I'm arriving in ten', 'leaving Incheon right now','caught up in traffic', 'left Hoya hyung apartment', 'we're leaving the park' and so on.

Sungyeol had seen Myungsoo freak out if he took too long to bring Woohyun home whenever he took the boys out alone but he had no idea that Woohyun could go on a crying spree if his father got late. Ok, maybe Woohyun didn't go on a crying spree for simple lateness - since Sungyeol knew for sure Myungsoo sometimes got late to pick his son in school before the rides arrangement – but this was beyond lateness, Myungsoo had been MIA for three hours already.

Sungyeol tried again and he was really this close of changing the number and calling Myungsoo family when the door opened.

Finally!” Sungyeol mumbled to himself, ready to complain, as he heard Woohyun voice.

Daddy!” Sungyeol turned around just in time to see the boy run towards his father but gasp shocked (and Sunggyu might have echoed that) before he could hug the said guy. “Daddy, are you hurt?” At first, Sungyeol found it strange to hear this and see Woohyun desperate expression but he understood everything when his eyes landed on Myungsoo.

The young dad didn't say anything he only dropped his bag on the ground and leaned on the door then let his body fall to the ground, which ends up worrying everyone even more. Woohyun eyes filled even more with tears and he ran to inspect his father followed by Sunggyu that seemed pretty much terrified himself.

Daddy! Daddy!” Woohyun called desperately, trying to lift his dad's arms.

Hyung~, what happened?” Sunggyu added though he didn't know if he should touch the elder.

Myungsoo, god, what happened?” Sungyeol asked still kind of shocked as he squatted beside his boyfriend as Woohyun tried to lift his father clothes to be really sure his father wasn't hurt.

It's not mine.” Myungsoo explained in a whisper as he made Woohyun leg go of his shirt only to embrace the young boy. “It's not mine, I'm fine.” He said softly as he tried to assure everyone while he hugged Woohyun for dear life.

Sungyeol immediately let out a relieved sigh, as for Sunggyu, he didn't seem too convinced and looked at his brother asking with his little eyes if he should believe but Woohyun wasn't calmed at all. “Daddy~~, you scared me so much~~.” The boy wailed.

It's-it's not mine.” Myungsoo managed to say again only for Sunggyu to let out a breath he didn't know he was holding while Woohyun tried to hug his father.

Daddy, you scared me so much, don't ever do that again!” The boy scolded his father for letting tears of relief out.

Shh, I'm not hurt, daddy is ok.” Myungsoo tried hugging his son without dirtying his torso but it wasn't like the boy cared, he just wanted to hug his dad to know that he was fine. “Daddy is...” Myungsoo halted his words because his voice was choked with tears. “I-I love you so so much.” He ended up saying and Sungyeol decided it would be better if he grabbed a wet cloth to try to clean what he could before Myungsoo went for a bath.

When he came back from the kitchen Sunggyu had busied himself with his buttons and father and son were still in the same place hugging each other. “Woohyun-ah, let's clean your father first.” He coaxed and only then Woohyun tried to let go of his father hug but the said guy kept him pressed against his chest.

Both Sungyeol and Sunggyu brows rose when they saw that scene so Sungyeol decided to intervene before the king of skinship could actually kill his own son by suffocation. “Myungsoo! Woohyun isn't going anywhere. Please, let him go, you should clean and he should eat something now that you appeared.” Sungyeol coaxed after placing a hand on Myungsoo shoulder.

You're right...” Myungsoo's finally Woohyun go enough for the boy to breath but he grabbed the boy by the cheeks and, with eyes filling with some tears, leaned to kiss the boy head before he completely let go. Woohyun tried to get up while wiping his eyes and almost lost his balance but Sunggyu was fast enough to help him in his two feet. “... I should go take a bath....” The young dad said while trying not to stutter, but Woohyun didn't like that one bit.

NOOOOO, daddy, noooooooo!” The boy begged and latched on Myungsoo's legs to keep him in place and Myungsoo ruffled his son's hair affectionately and immediately looked at the ceiling to contain some tears that were produced.

OK, ok, let's get you fed.” Myungsoo ended up agreeing and coaxed his upset son towards the table.

I think it got cold.” Sunggyu chirped as he followed them and once they sat on their place Sungyeol placed the wet cloth in front of Myungsoo.

You can clean yourself a bit while I reheat his food.” Sungyeol offered as he took Woohyun bowl. “Sunggyu, come and help me a bit here.”

Despite pouting, Sunggyu moved to follow his brother into Myungsoo's kitchen, leaving father and son alone, a moment in which Woohyun kept his eyes on his father while Myungsoo tried not to look in his son's eyes while hesitantly picking up the cloth to try to clean himself.

It didn't take long for Sunggyu come back running to place Woohyun bowl of food in front of his friend then climb into the chair beside his friend.

I'm here now, eat it.” Myungsoo said as he slid the cloth on the palm of his hand for the first time, a little part of the dried blood came off but he still had to rub a lot of times if he still wanted to come out completely.

Sunggyu tried to coax gently as he scooped some food and moved a bit towards his friend. “Woohyunnie, please!”

I'm not hungry.” The boy whispered as he managed to lock his eyes with his eyes and Sunggyu drop the food back on the bowl dejectedly.

Well, you all worked hard to make me nice and soft so don't make me angry by wasting my food. You two better eat.” Sungyeol said firmly as he placed a bowl in front of Myungsoo. Hearing his brother speech Sunggyu gasped, no, he didn't want his brother becoming mean again.

As two scolded kids, father and son looked down at the bowl of food in front of them and as Woohyun grabbed his chopsticks from Sunggyu and Myungsoo let go of the wet cloth for the meantime in order to grab his.

Sungyeol sighed with a bit of satisfaction before sitting on Myungsoo other sides and waited as both ate at least a bit of their food and while Myungsoo seemed to be eating lazily with eyes unfocused Woohyun gave in to his hunger and ate well.

Now, can you tell us why you disappeared for three hours and appeared covered in blood?” Sungyeol asked the words Woohyun didn't know how to ask. The young dad stopped his chopsticks halfway to his mouth and gulped a lump before placing it back on the bowl but he didn't say anything so Sungyeol had to scold him. “Myungsoo, you owe us an explanation. Do you know the things we start to think when you didn't come home and didn't send a single message? I was this close to calling the police. You always send a message even if it's asking about Woohyun, why didn't you send one? We were freaking out, Sunggyu and I don't deserve to go through this again this soon and Woohyun only has you, it's better if he never goes through that and then you appear like that?”

Myungsoo grabbed the wet cloth again and tried to wipe his arm clean for the second time but Sungyeol took from his hand and grabbed his lover pulse. “Start talking.” He demanded.

I... I was in college to, you know, talk about my project with my professor.” Myungsoo started talking but it didn't seem like he was completely there.

Did you talk with her at least?” The elder asked as the boys kept paying attention quietly.

I tried but...” He gulped hard. “... something happened.”

I think that part we can tell.” Sungyeol said sarcastically as he rubbed a particularly part of Myungsoo's arm a bit rough but the said guy didn't recoil his arm. “Where did all this blood came from?”

It's my professor's.” Myungsoo said as his eyes started to water again and Sungyeol actually started rubbing the cloth on his boyfriend's arm to look at him as the two kids gasped. “ She-she is, was, I don't know, pregnant... we had barely started talking and she became pale and-and she seemed to be sweating and..... the last thing I know she was bleeding and fainting, I didn't exactly had the time to send messages...” Myungsoo explained nervously.

Did you rescue her?” Woohyun asked as he stopped feeling sadness to feel proud of his father, at least he saved his the teacher, no?

I brought her to the hospital, this explains the blood...” Myungsoo tried to say but he was interrupted.

Is she ok?” Sunggyu dared to ask with a fearful.

Myungsoo glanced at his son and the boy seemed anxious to hear his answer but Myungsoo couldn't stay looked at him too much because he felt a whirl of emotions appearing and weighing in his heart. “I-I don't know.” He confessed with his voice quivering while he balled his free hand into a fist and held Sungyeol hand with too much force.

Myungsoo...” Sungyeol hissed with the force the said guy was doing.

But, hyung, you brought her to the hospital, no?” Sunggyu insisted as Woohyun placed his small hands over his father's hands.

She is going to be fine, right?” The youngest boy asked with hope on his tone.

I don't know.” Myungsoo pulled both his hands back and got up. “You can leave everything there, I'll wash everything tomorrow. Woohyun, go to bed, it's past your bed time.” Woohyun was about to say something but Myungsoo didn't wait for it because he turned around and left the table in the direction of his room only to close his door.

The boy became a little sad that his father acted that way, practically ignoring him because he had never acted that way before like he couldn't stay in his presence while Sunggyu looked at Sungyeol with a puzzled expression, he definitely didn't know what to do.

Boys...” The elder started and Woohyun produced a lone tear that fell from his eyes.

He never avoided my eyes before, he never took his hands out of mine like this...” Woohyun mumbled hurt. “Why he scolded me, what did I do?”

Nothing Woohyunnie, whatever this is, it isn't your fault.” Sunggyu tried to calm his friend with a hug.

Sunggyu is right, it isn't your fault.” Sungyeol added. “You know your father even better than we do but even I know he was acting weird, but Sunggyu is right, it isn't your fault. You're probably hurt but I'm sure it isn't your fault and Myungsoo didn't mean to hurt you.'

But he...” Woohyun was ready to argue but Sungyeol interrupted.

I know, I know. Let's do it like this, you and Sunggyu go change into your pajamas and sleep, and I I'll explain your lack of homework to Dongwoo hyung tomorrow, then I will go nag at your dad until he explains his behavior to me and then I'll convince him to talk to you and apologize in the morning, how about that?”

Woohyun seemed distrustful so Sunggyu decided to help a little. “Sungyeol hyung knows how to nag.” He confirmed.

But hyung won't be scary, right?” The youngest asked.

No~! I mean, yes, if I have to talk some sense in him, but don't worry, we will not fight, nothing will change and we won't stop being friends ok?” Sungyeol tried to use an assuring tone that he didn't know if it would work meanwhile Woohyun squinted his eyes a bit while a pout was evident in his lips but then he looked down at his hands and whispered a sad 'ok'. “Good, Sunggyu, stay with him and do whatever Sungjong did last year to make you feel better while I talk to his dad. This will probably will take some time so I might sleep on the couch later.”

Sunggyu nodded and made a messy salute because mission given was mission accomplished and he was sure he would take care of his best friend well because he was sure Myungsoo was taking good care of his brother and making him such an enjoyable person.

The elder accompanied the kids towards Woohyun room and as soon as they closed the door Sungyeol moved towards his boyfriend room and opened the door without hesitation only to find Myungsoo sitting on his bed practically curled up in a ball.

Myungsoo?” He called and the said guy turned to him only to show a face full of shed tears. Sungyeol was kinda of confused why so many tears were coming out of his boyfriend, he definitely didn't know what to do but the one thing he knew: there was more to the story Myungsoo told them a few minutes prior. He sat beside his boyfriend and caressed his face softly and then asked in a soft tone. “I left Woohyun with Sunggyu so he probably won't interrupt us, is there anything more you want to tell me?”

Myungsoo took two deep intakes of air and promptly started talking. “I took that long to return home because her husband took some time to come, so I stayed there but when I was about to go home one doctor came out to explain things and ask about a procedure...” He sniffed then looked at Sungyeol with a pair full of pain and spoke with a voice full of sadness. “Hyung, she had the same thing that Jihyun had.”

Gosh.” Sungyeol ended up saying before hugging his boyfriend, he had no idea what health problem Jihyun had in the part, but if it killed Woohyun sister and Jihyun herself because of it, e was sure the situation was pretty serious.

Hyung, what will I do if things don't work?” Myungsoo ended up asking brokenly as he hugged Sungyeol for dear life.

Why are you asking me this?” Sungyeol asked in confusion.

What if I failed again?”

I want to go! I don't want to stay home anymore.” Jihyun whined as she watched Myungsoo stuff a towel in a bag.

No, Ji, you have to rest.” He turned to look at her as he zipped his bag then dropped on the ground to sit beside her in their bed and caress her hair. “ Come on think about yourself and the babies, you if you attend my match someone might hit your belly and we don't want to accelerate the things more than what we already doing it. You know they are getting too big, you only have to endure one more month and they will be born.”

I know, I know.” Jihyun agreed although a single tear fell from her eyes that she was quick to wipe. “It's just... I'm deeply bored, I need to see people.”

I know, I know what you feel, and I know it , but it's not like we are keeping you inside the house because we want to lock you up, we are trying to protect you, you know the doctor said there was a lot of risk in your pregnancy and that you needed to rest until the delivery. You did good till now, there is only a bit more to go...” Myungsoo tried to talk some sense in the girl as softly as he could but was interrupted by a knock on the door.

Hyung, mom said you're gonna get late.” Moonsoo said as he looked from one to the other, wondering if interrupted something.

I have to go now, will you be a good girl and behave?” She made a face. “Come on, it's two hours tops, I'll return soon.” The girl sighed but nodded.

But promise you'll beat the out of the other team and make a lot of 3-points.” The girl said and Myungsoo chuckled as he got up to get his bag.

At least 9 points for each of you.” He guaranteed as he walked back to her.

You better.” The girl half snorted and Myungsoo smiled before placing a tender kiss on her head.

See you soon, Ji.” His eyes dropped to her big belly and he placed his hand there. “ Soohyunnie and Woohyunnie, behave, don't trouble mommy while I'm away ok?” Jihyun held a smile, it was always endearing to see Myungsoo act like a dad, it was kinda wrong because of all the lies they kept telling but at the same time it was such a genuine love, Myungsoo loved the kids as if they were really his, and at this point she couldn't imagine anyone else being the father of her kids.

See you soon.” Jihyun retorted in a tone that urged him to go and Myungsoo could only smile sheepishly before he ran out of the room having Moonsoo in his toll.

Jihyun sighed deeply. It was a common thing for students to hate school but being forced to stay home, doing nothing and not interacting with people, too and now that that continued when school began again left her a little jealous that Myungsoo could actually still go to school despite all.

School had barely started and the basketball team of their school was going to play against the team of the nearby school so they could raise some money to donate somewhere – Jihyun didn't even pay attention to the explanation Myungsoo gave her about that – but he was going to play and be supported by Moonsoo while she would stay a home accompanied by Myungsoo's parents. Half an hour after the two brothers left home, Bumsoo and Sonmi entered Jihyun room.

Ji, do you want to stay outside for a bit? I can carry you there as Sonmi prepares something for us to eat.”

I can make that snack of mixed fruits that you love.” Sonmi added with a smile.

The girl avoided their eyes. “I don't want to give you trouble more than I'm already giving.”

You're not a trouble dear, we love you.” Sonmi said as she approached the girl and caressed her hair tenderly. ”Before you married Myungsoo you were already like a daughter to us so don't keep saying these things.”

Besides you're not a prisoner, you have to rest, yes, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't see the sun too. Come on, it will be good for you.” Bumsoo insisted.

The girl forced a smile and nodded in agreement, at least that way she could feel the breeze and the afternoon sun on her skin and that way she could lessen the stuffed feeling she was having since the school year ended last semester.

While Bumsoo grabbed Jihyun on his arms to bring her outside, Sonmi skipped to the kitchen to cook something, but once Myungsoo's father put her in a chair on the garden he noticed it was kind of windy.

I'll grab a cardigan for you, don't move.” He ordered and left the girl alone for a minute.

Jihyun eyes wandered a bit but soon found something that caught her interest, a few feet away there was the swings Bumsoo had made for his children and her a few years back. The knot had undone since she and Moonsoo forced too much weight on it but maybe if she tied again and sat alone...

She got up and walked the small distance towards the swing, thrilled with the idea of having a tiny bit of fun in it, then tied the rope on the board before sitting on it. She tried swinging a little and everything seemed fine so she tried again, putting more effort into it. Unaware of what Jihyun was doing in the garden, Bumsoo searched for a bit and once he got the cardigan, he stopped by the kitchen to take a bowl of cut fruits for her.

Everything happened too fast and at the same time, the scene would be engraved in the older Kim as if it had happened in slow motion. Once he stepped foot outside he couldn't even complain about Jihyun playing on the swings (let alone the height she was going for) when one of the ropes literally broke in the middle and Jihyun slid to fall on one of her sides.

JIHYUN!” He yelled and dropped everything on the ground to approach the girl that hissed in pain but as soon as he got close to her he noticed a deep red stain appearing on the light blue pajamas. “Crap!” He hissed once he squatted beside her.

Oppa, I heard a scream... Jihyun!” Myungsoo mother panicked once she registered the situation where Bumsoo was preparing to take the girl in his arms.

Sonmi, car keys, we need to take her to the hospital.” Bumsoo ordered and Sonmi started running nervously to do what she was told.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Moonsoo smiled happily as he watched his brother celebrate another 3 point score with a few high fives before they resumed the match. The other team must have trained during the break and stealing the ball was currently kinda hard, but at least they were doing things right every time they had the ball and Myungsoo alone managed to score enough points from distance to keep his promise to Jihyun.

The young boy was about to take a picture from the score to send to his sister in law when the phone rang in his hands, it was his mother.

Hello?” He picked up the call as he pressed a finger against his other ear in an attempt to focus on what his mother would say.

Moonsoo, quickly, get your brother and come to XXXXXX hospital, Jihyun had an accident and...”

What? Wait, mom, I can't hear you...” The boy said as he tried to walk to a less noisy place.

Moonsoo, get your brother, Jihyun had an accident and us...” Sonmi started over again but Moonsoo still could get the message but now that he managed to leave the basketball court he would probably hear better.

Mom, can you please repeat? I think I can understand now.”

JIHYUN IS IN XXXXXXXXXXX HOSPITAL BLEEDING, GET YOUR BROTHER HERE FAST, THE BABIES ARE IN DANGER!” Sonmi yelled on the phone only for the boy's eyes practically pop out.

Oh my god.” He whispered in the phone but didn't even bother saying anything more and ran inside the court and try to get his brother attention. “Myungsoo hyung! Myungsoo hyung!” He yelled through the court nervously as he tried to move his arms to get his brother attention, but the older boy was too concentrated getting rid of a player of the other team and shooting the ball towards the basket again.

Myungsoo scored his 30 points that day and once he was returning to his original position he noticed Moonsoo waiving to he tried to get close enough to his brother though he still had to keep his eyes on the game.

Hyung, it's noona, she is in the hospital, the babies are in danger!” The boy shouted and by the way, Myungsoo turned around to look at him with big scared eyes he knew his brother heard him just fine. “We have to go there fast!” The younger urged.

Myungsoo didn't reply to his brother, he turned around and started running to the other side of the court. A player from his team threw the ball his way but Myungsoo could only dodge it before he reached the coach.

Coach!” He called as people started to whisper in confusion and a player on the other team approached the sideline to get the ball in the game again.

Myungsoo what you just did? You could have scored again, go back to your place...” The coach was about to scold Myungsoo but the boy grabbed his coach by the collar.

Replace me! Now!” Myungsoo said in desperation as his brother tried to get close to them.

What? Are you crazy?” The coach tried to make the boy let go and the judge noticed something wasn't right so he tried to approach the two while making a gesture for the other player not to throw the ball in the game again.

It's an emergency, replace me!” Myungsoo begged.

Myungsoo, you're our ace, you're irreplaceable.” The coached took Myungsoo's hands from his collar by force. “Go back to the game, whatever this is we can solve later.”

Hey, whats the matter?” The referee asked looking from one another and placing an arm between the two because he definitely didn't know what was happening.

Hyung, quickly.” Moonsoo urged as he finally reached where his brother was.

this, my wife is in the hospital, my children are in danger, I can't wait!” Myungsoo barked.

What?” Both the coach and the referee asked as some players that had been crowding them gasped in shock as Myungsoo ran past them to jump the small fence that separated him from his brother. He couldn't care more about if the rest of the world knew or believed the rumors, he promised to take care of Jihyun and he would.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Mom! Dad!” Myungsoo arrived at the hospital running desperately with his brother in toll only to find a doctor talking to his parents. The expression of the doctor was sad and Bumsoo was hugging Sonmi that had her head resting on her husband chest. “What happened? What happened to Ji?”

Is this the kid's father?” The doctor asked and Bumsoo nodded.

Myungsoo, Ji fell from the swing...” Sonmi started explaining as she took her oldest son hand while the youngest started to get pale beside him.

What?” Myungsoo gasped shocked. “I don't understand she was supposed to rest, what she was doing...”

We thought she should take some air so we took her to the garden but it was cold and I entered the house to get her a cardigan and when I came back...”

No... no...” Myungsoo started chanting in denial and then the doctor started to explain her current condition.

She arrived here bleeding and in intense pain, and giving her medical records and the trauma she had, it was a given she would have a placental abruption, do you know what that is?” The doctor asked softly but Myungsoo eyes were already producing multiple tears while Moonsoo just let himself fall on the ground with the news.

How is she? How are the twins doing? You're gonna help them, right?” Myungsoo let his mother hand go to try to grab the doctor's and plead. “Please help her, please help my children, please!”

The doctor threw a look at his parents and took a deep breath. “We had to induce the twins birth because the situation was pretty bad and every second that passed they had less oxygen and fewer nutrients, Jihyun survived the procedure but will need some blood transfusions and be monitored closely, she is currently fighting for her life.”

And the babies?” He asked eagerly with hope in his eyes but when the doctor continued his speech that soon faded.

The twins were in a position in which the girl suffered more from the trauma, so her placenta was the most abrupt between the two.” Myungsoo gulped hard with that statement, he knew that that could cause so the grave tone of the doctor already made him shiver and tears fall from his eyes. “By the time we finished the procedure, the girl wasn't alive anymore but we managed to save the boy and...”

Myungsoo started shaking his head as the doctor voice faded in his ears and he cried but once he started to hear 'I'm sorry' coming from his parents he knew what he just heard was true.

No! No! SOOHYUNNIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!” He screamed in pain in the middle of the hospital, knowing fully well that he failed at the promise he made with his friend. He couldn't protect her, he couldn't protect her baby girl, he wasn't even there when Jihyun needed at most, he totally and utterly failed them.

You didn't fail Jihyun back then, you didn't know what was going to happen.” Sungyeol said as he hugged his boyfriend.

That can't be an excuse!” Myungsoo said as he pulled back.

It isn't an excuse!” Sungyeol retorted as he grabbed his lover's head and forced the younger to look in his eyes. “When the world turned it's back on her you were the one that gave her your, and your parents, hands. You gave her more than what she expected, you definitely didn't fail her.”

I know I helped but I should have done more, I should have taken more care of her, maybe if I didn't have accepted to play that match that early ...” Myungsoo disagreed but Sungyeol wasn't going to let him keep this illogical train of thought.

You're blaming yourself thinking what you could have done differently. Myungsoo you can't keep doing that, even if there was something you could do differently it doesn't mean she would do things differently, maybe if you'd stayed behind you'd be the one witnessing her fall and maybe that would have complicated stuff even more for you.”

Sungyeol caressed his boyfriend face gently as new waves of tears came down Myungsoo's face, then he sighed. “You knew Jihyun was sick and you knew the risks she had during her pregnancy, you told me that yourself, and back then you and your family did what you could, but now... you didn't know your professor had the same kind of problems, there was nothing else you could have done aside taking her to the hospital as soon as you noticed the bleeding.”

But what if she loses her baby? What if she dies?” Myungsoo asked with the saddest pair of eyes.

Wait, you don't know how she is doing?” Sungyeol asked surprised.

Myungsoo shook his head sadly. “I stayed till her husband arrived but as soon as the doctor said placental abruption suddenly I couldn't hear anything, my heart felt so heavy and I felt like the air was squeezed out of my lungs so I couldn't stay there anymore. I walked through the streets for a while thinking about nothing and everything at the same time and last thing I noticed I had arrived home and Woohyun was hugging me....”

No wonder you were acting weird...” Sungyeol mumbled to himself then pulled Myungsoo chin up a bit. “If something bad happens it's not on you...” The elder was about to argue when Myungsoo interrupted.

But losing a child hurts hyung, it hurts, that left me broken back then and that made me hold on to Woohyun with all I could. That's why we grew up so attached, that's why I can't accept him being taken away from me and that's why I was so relieved today when he hugged me so tightly. And then.... then...” Myungsoo faltered a bit.” “... the next second guilty invaded me because of his sister isn't here and.... and...”

... and you ended up hurting your son.” Sungyeol completed and Myungsoo halted his words to look shocked so Sungyeol felt like he needed to explain a little more. “ I understand that you're not ok, not only because what happened is dangerous but because it makes you remember an unpleasant memory, but, yes, you hurt Woohyun. While you were so guilty tripped that you couldn't look at him he felt like he wronged you somehow. Though the max the kid did was sit in a corner and cry desperately as he waited for you to come home.”

Myungsoo looked down at his hands sort of ashamed. “I didn't mean to hurt him.”

I know but...” Sungyeol sighed and placed his hands on top of his lovers. “Tomorrow is another day so just talk to him, ok? I know I'm not the best person to give you advise, but logically speaking, if you want to come out with the truth someday you shouldn't screw your relationship with him over something else or everything will be worse.”

You're fine.” Myungsoo laid in bed and sighed in agreement. “And you're right.”

Sungyeol laid beside Myungsoo then hesitated for a second before he voiced another concern. “Maybe I am, I don't know, the only thing I'm sure now is that despite whatever turn the health situation of your professor takes one thing remains the same.”

What?” Myungsoo raised an eyebrow once he heard that.

She won't be able to help you till the end of the semester, you need to find another professor to help you because this one can't do that from a hospital bed.” Myungsoo let out a frustrated sigh after that because he knew his lover was right. “ASAP, Myungsoo.”

You're right, I'll explain the situation to Hoya hyung and tomorrow I'll drop by the university to talk to the head of my department about it, after I talk things out with Woohyun and you take him to school, of course.”

No, I mean, can you take the kids to school this week? You can have my car.” Sungyeol suggested.

Won't you need it to go to work?” Myungsoo asked.

No, I managed to get a break from everything this week.” Sungyeol said then turned his head to look at his boyfriend as Myungsoo looked at him with an expression of confusion. “They set my presentation date, I need to prepare.”

Really? That's great. At least one of us got some good news today, when is it gonna be?”

Friday, 5 PM.” Sungyeol said with some apprehension.

This Friday?” Myungsoo gasped. “That's too close.”

Yeah, but I can make it.” Sungyeol said confidently but then added something with hesitation. “You need to pull yourself together and hang on this week so I won't be worried about you and you keep an eye on the kids so I can concentrate, do you think you can do that for all of us?”

I guess I need to.” Myungsoo sighed.

Sorry to ask your help when you're not in a good moment.” Sungyeol said with a bit of guilt.

No, it's ok, I was freaking out but I should pull myself together if I take care of the boys this week I'll be able to make up with Woohyun and that will make me not think about all the problems that are happening at the moment.” Myungsoo sighed as he looked at the ceiling and Sungyeol did the same.

Sorry still.” Sungyeol said guiltily.

It's fine, let's do this.” Myungsoo raised his fist in the air.

Fighting.” Sungyeol said as he bumped fists with his lover, though he knew both of them were somehow dispirited in one way or another.

_______________________________________________________________

Tuesday morning was different from usual. Sungyeol woke up from Myungsoo bed only to notice there was noise on the kitchen but as he was about to move there to help his lover he bumped with Woohyun and Sunggyu also coming out of their room.

Hyung, did you talk to Myungsoo hyung?” Sunggyu asked.

You slept in daddy's room alone with him?” Woohyun asked with squinted eyes right after and Sungyeol felt a lump forming on his throat, , Woohyun wasn't supposed to put some pieces of this puzzle together but well, he didn't need to give the boy more pieces of the puzzle as he did every day.

We talked until we fell asleep.” Sungyeol said stiffly and Woohyun seemed to accept that answer with ease so he continued. “He said he would be apologizing and explaining a few things to you soon.”

Woohyun face was about to light up when Myungsoo cleared his throat to announce his presence so everyone looked at him.

Guys, can you give Woohyun and I a moment?”

Sure, sure, Sunggyu and I were just leaving, he has to bathe and get ready for school.” Sungyeol said and walked towards his brother to get him by the hand, he was glad he got asked to flee the scene.

But... But...” Sunggyu tried to argue but Sungyeol proceeded to pull Sunggyu towards the door.

Hyung will be super busy so I need you to sleep here for three days, you need to pack a bag too.” Sungyeol announced and Sunggyu opened a thousand-watts pleased smile (before he even registered he should feel upset for being ditched) while Woohyun looked at the pair closing the door and then at his father, he liked that idea but he was a little confused.

Aside from asking Sungyeol to come back with some juice Myungsoo didn't lose time to talk with his son. “Namu, can daddy have a serious talk with you?”

The boy looked at his dad suspiciously but nodded so Myungsoo took him by the hand and lead them towards the couch and once Woohyun sat on it he sat across the boy on the ground. He sighed deeply as he searched in his head for the rights words but decided to just go with the flow and get done with it.

Namu-ah, you know that daddy loves you right?” Myungsoo asked softly but Woohyun started to feel nervous as if his father was pacifying him before dropping a bomb.

Are we moving back to Incheon?” The boy asked in apprehension and, honestly, a bit of fear.

No, that's not it.” The elder assured but Woohyun kept looking at him skeptically. “It's about yesterday. Sungyeol hyung told me I hurt your feelings so I think we need to talk about that a bit.” Woohyun nodded carefully. “I want to apologize to you for arriving late and hurting you with my words and actions even though I didn't mean it that way, I just... I'm very sorry I hurt your feelings when you did nothing wrong. I want you to know that I regret that deeply.”

But if I didn't do nothing wrong why you scolded me? Why you were so cold?”

I didn't mean to.” Myungsoo insisted. “I was very upset yesterday and I just needed to be on my own, I swear I didn't mean to hurt you, can you forgive me?”

Why you were upset? Why didn't you tell me? You said you wouldn't hide things from me!” The boy said upset.

I'm sorry ok? I didn't mean to hide anything, but yesterday I was in shock, I needed to understand a few things better before talking to you so, if you want to, I can explain things better now.” Myungsoo vowed.

You didn't tell Sungyeol hyung too?” Woohyun dared to ask.

He just nagged until I fell asleep.” Myungsoo lied because it wasn't like Woohyun would discover this one and the boy accepted that answer with a nod so Myungsoo elaborated a little more. “For you to understand I need to talk about your mother, do you think you can handle?”

Yes!” The boy said with conviction.

Do you know how she died Namu?”

She was sick.” Woohyun said as he thought about it, wasn't that the truth?

Yes, but that's a simple explanation, there is more to it.” Myungsoo said and held his breath as Woohyun gasped but he didn't seem to take that badly so he continued. “Your mom became very sick when you and Soohyunnie were in her belly, you remember I told that right? That she couldn't go to school and needed to rest all the time?”

She didn't like it.” Woohyun added because by now he already had read most of her diary.

Definitely, because your mom like to move, so having to rest all the time was hard for her.” Myungsoo agreed before he continued. “One day I had to go to a basketball match and I left you mom with grandpa and grandma and they decided to take her to the garden so she could take some air.” He stopped to gulp a lump formed on his throat then tried to not become emotional. “ The swings were broken by then but she tried to fix when my parents weren't looking so she could play on it but the rope... the rope broke and she fell on the ground.”

She fell?” Woohyun gasped shocked.

She did, and because her health was already not the best, she started to bleed. ” The young dad said and Woohyun eyes were already round and sad. “When my mom and dad took her to the hospital the doctors took you and Soohyunnie out of your mommy's belly in the hopes it would save you all but Soohynnie received all the impact from the fall and didn't make it, and because you were hiding behind her you were able to be fine after a month of struggling and, as you already know, your mom became too weak and went to heaven.”

Woohyun looked at his lap and played with his fingers sadly so his dad took the opportunity to continue even though now he didn't know how. “Yesterday... aside the fall, what happened to my teacher was exactly the same thing that happened to your mom so I remembered everything I felt back then...” “Woohyun dared to look at his father but he didn't even need to search for the truth in his father eyes.

When I came home I saw you and suddenly I felt relieved that you were still here with me, but then I also remembered Soohyunnie and your mom so I felt guilty and ashamed I couldn't do anything more to help them so I couldn't look at your eyes and...” Myungsoo halted his words when Woohyun slid to his lap and hugged his neck.

Don't feel bad, please, I'm here.” Woohyun begged then added almost in a whisper. “You shouldn't feel bad, mom wouldn't like to see us sad all the time.”

Myungsoo hugged his son and stretched his lips in a smile because surely Jihyun would say things like that, she didn't like to be a burden to anyone, but at the same time, he felt a big weight removed from his heart. To think he blamed himself for all those years, thinking he prevented his son from having his mother and sister around, when the truth was that, albeit missing them in his life, the boy never blamed him. If only he knew this earlier.....

I love you.” He said in Woohyun ears.

I love you too, daddy, you're the best daddy in the world.” The boy replied but didn't move.

I love you.” Myungsoo repeated.

I know.” This time Woohyun giggled and turned his heart to place a kiss on his dad's cheeks only to pull away. “I have to get ready for school, Sungyeol hyung is going to be here soon.”

Myungsoo smiled at his son and decided to . “Aren't you liking Sungyeol hyung too much that you only want him to take you to school? I can't take you there anymore?"

You will take me to school?” Woohyun asked with hope and forgetting completely about everything from the night before till this morning.

Myungsoo nodded only for Woohyun to hug him tightly, tell him again that he was the best daddy in the world, get up and run towards the bathroom blabbing something about how they would show their love in everyone's face or something the elder couldn't understand.

 

__________________________________________________________________

AN: I was supposed to update on Sungyeol birthday but the dialogues were kinda hard and then this expanded beyond expectations and well I had to break somewhere if I wanted to update soon so here it is.

I'm excited about Namu comeback but a friend of mine explained about Dongwoo enlistment and I got kind of sad, then I'm bit stressed and anxious about wedding related things... Why following the law in Brazil is so bureaucratic when the marriage procedure is so clearly explained in it? On a side note, I took the time to hear Gyu album again since I miss him, and Sentimental is still my favorite song in 10 Stories.

I'll update the next chapter tomorrow (or the day after tomorrow?) since this was supposed to be a double update.