Afterglow - Breaking and Fixing things

Tangled

 

 

Sungyeol didn't know what to expect after Myungsoo opened up to his brother about his problems and he didn't know how that would affect the beginning of their relationship, but after that day everything stayed the same, still, everything seemed to change.

Everything was the same because they still followed their own routines, still had the same meaningless conversations here and there, and still pulled the same efforts to get to know each other so they could make the kids feel that their friendship wasn't threatened by past problems.

Everything was not the same because now Sungyeol got more comfortable to go over his neighbor's to spend time there (even if he was constantly typing on his laptop) and there were hidden touches and hidden pecks that left Sungyeol giggling on his own once he went to bed. Another change came in the form of text. They already texted previously and before this week it was something like: 'is it my turn to go pick up the kids today?' 'What time do you finish your classes?' 'can I take Sunggyu to the park?' 'Woohyun is becoming lazy with his math homework.' 'hyung, where are you? I need your car keys to pick up the kids' and so on, but now it was like: 'what are you doing?' 'come back home soon', 'I wish I could be there with you', ' Did you eat well?', 'I cooked your favorite dish' 'I will cook yours tomorrow then' 'I want to hug you.' and so on. To resume the story... both of them were quite happy with the recent developments even though things still were a bit chaste.

On the weekend Myungsoo convinced Sungyeol to go exercise and play basketball with him and he was surprised Sungyeol could calculate precisely how to throw the ball inside the basket but when they moved, with Myungsoo going all over him to steal the ball, of course, Sungyeol couldn't focus on anything. The young dad ended up winning their little game and asked for a fancy meal which made the kids delighted.

When Myungsoo started to work on Monday, he spent at least half a day out if he was taking pictures for a wedding or some rich kid birthday, but the rest of the week he worked from home, kind of across Sungyeol while they entangled their feet once the kids weren't looking.

As the days passed one by one they became even more entangled in each other's lives. Before they took turns to take care of the kids, even though they shared a meal here and there, creating their own free time but now one of them would simply wake up, take his computer and kid to the other apartment and then stay there for the rest of the day, helping out with everything they could, obviously.

Of course, the kids weren't bothered by that, it was more time together, of course, they wouldn't complain.

When they weren't working on something while the kids played, they started to plan things that the four of them could do together. Sometimes Sungyeol would be teaching the kids to play on his keyboard when Myungsoo would join him with the guitar that had been long forgotten since Woohyun was born. There was a day that Sungyeol indulged on a pillow fight with the other three, that he later admitted it had been fun. Once they also had a tickling fight that got the kids cheering for their respective adults; the newly made couple might have enjoyed that physical contact more than they should, but Myungsoo was the one winning that.

The next weekend they went again to the park, this time not to play sports and exercise but to have a picnic and for Myungsoo to teach his son and Sunggyu how to fly a kite, thing that practically melt Sungyeol because Myungsoo had real pleasure on being with the kids, and he extended his love for Sunggyu as well which meant that if they ever told the boys about whatever they were having, Myungsoo wouldn't have a problem fitting in his life, Sunggyu already liked him a lot.

On Sunday, a day where Myungsoo wasn't working externally, they started to watch movies together. Sungyeol would make some snacks for them and they would watch some light headed movies, animations or series wrapped around blankets and the two adults took advantage of that to sneakily hold hands underneath it, or, in Myungsoo case, caress whatever part of Sungyeol body he came in contact with.

On the next Monday Moonsoo and Sungjong created a family group with his brothers so they could discuss how to tell the kids about their uality and relationship. After some time discussing it, they decided that they would take advantage of their movie times to introduce movies with that theme so they could grasp the kid's reactions.

The thing they watched first was Reply 1997, a drama, which the focus wasn't on gays, but because the mystery of who was the husband, the kids ended up not paying too much attention to the poor Junhee aside commenting things like: 'He looks like Hoya hyung.'

The two pair of brothers decided to search for movies that talked about gays in a clear but also in an innocent way, sometimes gays were seen as obscene, too loud or were over ualized and they didn't want that, they were kids after all.

After a lot of searches, Sungjong found a short Brazilian movie: The way he looks. The movie was about a blind teenage boy that discovered he had feelings for a male friend in school and was uploaded on Youtube with subtitles so the kids could actually understand.

On the day they watched that movie, the kids sat in Myungsoo couch huddled in blankets and with a bucket of popcorn each on their laps, Myungsoo was right on their side with a blanket over his legs and Sungyeol chose to sit on the ground.

The movie was really short, only 17 minutes, and not that deep in the sense that the boys didn't need to think much about it, it was shot very simply and it showed a slice of life. As they watched the movie, with Myungssoo wriggling his feet to caress the sides of Sungyeol legs while he played with the elder nape hair, the kids paid attention to the seemingly slow and a bit boring beginning where Gabriel, a transfer student, introduced himself to his class.

Poor Leo, he is blind.” Sunggyu said as soon as the movie began.

His classmates are mean, I don't like them.” Woohyun said in the beginning.

Does she likes Leo?” Sunggyu wondered after a certain scene. “I thought they were best friends.”

It doesn't matter hyung, Leo likes Gabriel, I'm sure of it.” Woohyun said with conviction as the two adults snapped their head at him before looking at each other with little hopeful smiles on their face.

What is he doing?” Sunggyu eyes became big as they watched a scene where the main character sniffed the other male hoodie. “That's creepy.” After that comment from Sunggyu, the two adults didn't know what to think of it anymore.

OMG he saw it! HE SAW IT!” Woohyun gasped in shock and stayed in that state as he waited for further development.

Then...” Sunggyu was about to ask some question when the male lead confessed to his female friend he liked the other boy. “Is he in love? Like in ….” The boy on the TV said 'as boyfriends' and Sunggyu gasped. “Is that possible?” Sunggyu asked with big eyes while Woohyun squealed.

I told you that he liked Gabriel!!! Aw, he is in love.” The younger beamed.

But it's a boy.” Sunggyu was still somewhat incredulous. “Are boys even allowed to like each other?” Sunggyu asked then looked at his hyungs for some answer.

The movie is ending Sunggyu, we can talk about it later.” Sungyeol said a bit tense and Sunggyu nodded and turned towards the TV as Woohyun slapped his legs.

OMG OMG HE KISSED HIM, HE KISSED HIM! HE LIKES HIM TOO!” Woohyun beamed.

Can he do that?” Sunggyu asked dumbly.

As the blind boy in the TV realized the one who kissed him was not the girl as he initially thought but his crush instead, and the movie came to an end, both adults decided to ask the kids their thoughts about the movie.

I don't understand, they are boys, aren't they supposed to be just friends?” Sunggyu asked.

Sunggyu-ah, sometimes a boy might develop feelings for another boy and a girl might develop feelings for another girl. It can happen, it is not anyone fault.” Myungsoo tried to explain softly as he looked at the boy beside him.

Who cares?” Woohyun laughed and half crawled on top Sunggyu to look better at his father. “Leo liked Gabriel and Gabriel liked Leo, they love each other. This is love this is love Lalala Lala” He ended up singing a bit of Super Junior lyrics and giggling before leaning back until he left his small body fall on the couch and looked dreamily to the ceiling, a thing that surprised the adults, at least Woohyun was very open about that.

Sungyeol then touched Sunggyu small feet to get his attention and the boy looked down to his brother.

Sunggyu happiness it the important thing. Did you see how Leo was happy in the end that he discovered he was loved back? When someone you like likes you back you are just happy, it doesn't matter if it's a boy or a girl.” Sungyeol tried to explain a bit more though it came a bit awkwardly, his own statement making him think about his mother divorce and relationship with Sunggyu's father.

YES!” Woohyun agreed still looking dreamily to the ceiling. “Love makes us happy.”

Oh.” Sunggyu replied awkwardly as he seemed to be still thinking about what that meant. A couple of seconds passed where Myungsoo and Sungyeol didn't exactly know how to extend that conversation and Woohyun kept his twinkling eyes as he thought about love. “Then...” Sunggyu tentatively began a question as he scratched his head. “What's the difference between two boys being best friends and two boys being lovers?”

Judging by Sungyeol utterly awkward face, he didn't know exactly know how to answer that question because people usually were not his thing, so Myungsoo stepped in to answer. “Both of them always spend a lot of time together, lovers can spend even more time together, and they can kiss, they can hold hands and touch.”

Can they make babies?” Woohyun raised from his spot to ask.

No, unfortunately, they can't.” Myungsoo chuckled because his explanation would be too deep on that matter and the kids were... well, kids, but that made Woohyun seem little sad as Sunggyu looked curiously at him.

That's so sad!” Woohyun said.

Some times they raise pets.” Sungyeol offered.

Or they can adopt kids if the law allows.” Myungsoo added.

What's adopt?” Woohyun asked and Myungsoo became a bit tense since he never touched that topic with Woohyun, but luckily for him, Sunggyu decided to explain.

That's when they take kids from the orphanage to raise them.”

Orphanage?” Woohyun asked innocently.

It is a bad place for kids that don't have parents,” Sunggyu added.

It is not a bad place.” Sungyeol said with a slight scolding tone. “Hoya hyung came from one and he never said it was a bad place per se, it's just that sometimes they don't have enough money to give the kids things but mainly the kids don't have the love of a family there, and that makes you feel lonely. His words.”

Ooooh.” Woohyun seemed to understand.... kind of, because the next thing he said triggered an unexpected reaction. “But if they don't have at least a mommy or a daddy to receive love from how can the kids be happy?” He asked innocently, completely forgetting that he could hurt his best friend and, before the adults could say anything, Sunggyu slapped his friend hard.

Sunggyu!” Myungsoo and Sungyeol gasped incredulously.

Hyung!” Woohyun was more surprised by the sudden attack, he didn't know what he said to upset his friend and that hurt, not only the place where he was slapped but his little heart too, after all, he liked his hyung so much, why his hyung hurt him?

Unconsciously Woohyun eyes started to water as he looked at his hyung in disbelief and the boy got up angrily and headed for the door to go to his own apart, thing that made Sungyeol get up quickly to go after him.

I'm so sorry for this, I'm so sorry Woohyun, I'm sorry Myungsoo, I will talk to him and I will scold him properly.” Sungyeol promptly apologized.

Myungsoo sighed deeply. “No, it was Woohyun fault.” He finished with a hand motion dismissing the elder apology.

But daddy...” Woohyun was kinda lost, he couldn't understand the reason he was hit and why his father was saying it was his fault but before he could whine, complain or defend himself he was interrupted by his father.

I'll talk to him as well, go be with Sunggyu.” He instructed.

Ok.” Sungyeol nodded then looked at Woohyun. “Don't take this to heart kid.” With that, the elder neighbor ran out of Myungsoo apartment leaving the son and dad pair alone.

Myungsoo sighed deeply then slid off the couch so he could get closer to Woohyun and inspect him, there wasn't much damage done by Sunggyu, Woohyun knee was just reddish. Still, to comfort his almost crying son he rubbed his hands against the small knee, massaging so the younger felt better.

Does it feel better?” Myungsoo asked softly.

No.” Woohyun said with conviction even though indeed the pain was subsiding. “Hyung hurt me here too.” The young boy pointed to his little heart.

Myungsoo, let go of the boy's knee only to grab him under his arms and pull him on his lap before speaking again. “You hurt him too.”

How come? I...” Woohyun was about to argue but Myungsoo interrupted him.

Namu-ah, where am I?” He asked and Woohyun squinted his eyes in confusion.

What that has to do with...” He was interrupted again by Myungsoo persistent yet soft tone.

Just answer the question, where am I?”

Here?” The younger hesitantly offered, was that a tricky question?

And where is your omma?”

The boy looked down at his lap. “Heaven.” He answered in a small voice.

And where are Sunggyu's omma and appa?” Myungsoo asked, it was a simple question but he was sure Woohyun would be able to connect the dots.

Hea...” Woohyun was about to answer but then it dawned on him his mistake, so he looked up at his father with rather desperate eyes“Daddy, what did I do?” He asked flabbergasted as he realized what he did.

So now you realize what have you done?” Myungsoo asked although he didn't wait for an answer. “You've hurt Sunggyu here too.” He added with a poke on the boy's heart direction. “From what Sungyeol hyung tells me, Sunggyu is not totally used to his parents being in heaven yet and he was sad for a long period of time. Maybe you didn't mean to hurt him but maybe he understood as if he didn't deserve to be happy.”

But he does!” Woohyun argued. “Hyung is the nicest hyung ever, he is my best friend, I love him this much, of course, he deserves to be happy!” The boy said outraged by the supposed misinterpretation.

Now that his parents aren't here Sungyeol hyung is the one taking care of him and maybe he didn't know how to make Sunggyu happy in the beginning but he has been doing his best, he even came around and let you two play together, and he is putting effort to like us so Sunggyu stays happy too.” The young dad softly explained. “And when Sunggyu gets happy his hyung becomes happy too, you can see that they changed a lot the past couple of months.” Myungsoo added and Woohyun nodded in agreement but he saw how his son's eyes started to water again.

Daddy, what do I do? I don't want Sunggyu hyung to be upset with me.”

Then you should tell him.” Myungsoo said with a gentle tone. “Tell him that he can be happy and that he will receive lot's of love from his brothers and even from our entire family. Everyone likes him, even if he doesn't have parents there are a lot of people who love him still, right? You love him too, right?”

I do!” Woohyun said confidently as he wiped his forming tears.

So he deserves to be happy and receive love from everybody just like you, right?”

Of course!” Woohyun agreed.

Sungyeol hyung too right?” Myungsoo asked and Woohyun actually took his time to answer, so before he reached a bad conclusion Myungsoo decided to better talk to the kid. “Woohyun-ah, why are you thinking so much? Sungyeol hyung doesn't deserve to be happy as well?” Again the boy was silent so the father decided to proceed with his speech. “I know Sungyeol hyung wasn't the nicest to us in the beginning but you have to understand that people deal with things differently. Apparently Sunggyu got depressed when his parents died but Sungyeol hyung, because he had to concentrate on taking care of Sunggyu, couldn't cope with that properly so this is why he was mean when we met him, but you know him better now, you stay a lot of time with him and he even has been teaching you piano nowadays, don't you like him now?”

Well... his food is tasty.” Woohyun said pensively while he scratched his head before looking to his father. “I like when he is nice, I like when he teaches me piano, Sungyeol hyung knows a lot of things.”

Myungsoo chuckled. “Is that so?”

Yes.” The boy nodded and hesitated a little before throwing a question to his dad. “Daddy, will Sungyeol hyung be hurt by what I said today? Will he let me play with Gyu hyung again?”

Maybe.” Myungsoo said.a bit pensive. “But he didn't look angry so I guess you will be able to play with Sunggyu again. You just need to apologize, Sungyeol hyung likes you now so he will probably forgive you if you are being sincere. Will you apologize to him as well?”

This time Woohyun nodded and Myungsoo felt like his job was done so he was ready to slide Woohyun back into the couch when his son asked another question.

Daddy, what's cope?”

Oh, that.” Myungsoo smiled. “It is a process of dealing with something difficult. Losing someone important to you is something difficult right? To get over the pain people do different things so they can cope.”

Like what?” The boy asked curiously.

Well, from what I know, when Sunggyu cried a lot and stayed home until he met you and decided to socialize again. As for Sungjong, he cried for some time then to forget his pain he dedicated himself to study to enter university, although that doesn't mean he forgot his mom, and Sungyeol hyung, because he didn't have the time to cope, he got mean.” Myungsoo explained the best he could.

Ahh.” The boy seemed to understand now and once again Myungsoo was ready to slide his son back to the couch and get up to feel his numbing legs when Woohyun threw him off with another question, this time one on the personal side.

What did you do when you lost mom?” The boy ended up asking in a serious tone that made Myungsoo instantly saddened and stopped for a minute, he actually needed some minutes to think about an answer that, thankfully, Woohyun decided to respect.

Your mom was the closest person to me...” He gulped a lump forming in his throat while his son waited patiently. “You know she was sick while she was pregnant, you'll probably know more of that if you finish reading her diary and... she was too young to die... your... your sister too.” With that Myungsoo was already fighting tears. “So I cried... I screamed too.” He admitted. “I didn't feel like doing anything, I felt... no, I feel like you I failed your mom, I promised I would take care of her but she.. and Soohyun too... but then you were there... and you were alive...”

Woohyun himself had watering eyes, the absence of his mom in his life was something painful, and there was the fact that he had a sister too and he would never be able to grow up with that special connection twins had in tv shows. At this point he did the only thing that could to comfort them both: he hugged his father as hard as he could.

Myungsoo promptly hugged his son back and ran a hand through the boy's hair as he wiped a tear that insisted to fall as he tried to recompose himself.

You were such a beautiful baby and you were needing me, so I decided that I would continue the promise I did to your mother: I would take care of you with all that I got, I would do the possible and the impossible to be the best father you could have, raise you into a fine man, and love you for both of us, because you're the one that heals my heart.”

But daddy...” Woohyun voice came out emotional. “ I don't do anything... I'm just a kid.” He added in a mix of hesitance and confusion and Myungsoo leaned back, wiped his face then cupped his son cheeks before he directed his words at him.

You do Woohyun, you make me feel things that I never thought I would feel. Besides, you are a piece of your mom and the biggest gift she could ever give me. I don't have the means to know if I'm being a good dad to you but I love you with all my heart and I will keep doing my best because I love being your dad.”

I love being your son too, you're the best dad in the whole world.” The boy said with all of his sincerity only to make Myungsoo pat his head and chuckle before squinting his eyes to playfully question his son.

Really?” The young father asked. “So if you had the opportunity to have another daddy you'd still stick with me?” He added to gauge Woohyun thoughts.

Why would I have another dad? That would be weird, you're my dad and it will always be.” The boy said with some confusion, but also with some conviction, and Myungsoo felt a pang in his heart, he wasn't sure if he could trust those words after all Woohyun didn't know a lot about his own origins.

But before Woohyun even noticed that he got sad, he decided to shrug to tease his son.

Heeey!” Woohyun complained giving a scolding yet lazy slap on his father arm.

You dare to slap me?” Myungssoo gasped, pretending he was flabbergasted with Woohyun audacity, but both of them knew he was just playing and that was reason enough for the boy giggle and his father start tickling him.

Appa... Keke-Keke.... Stop it...” Woohyun pleaded after a couple of minutes, he couldn't take any more even though he was dissolving himself in laughs. “I have to go apologize.” He added and that was enough for Myungsoo stop everything so his boy could get up from his father lap and catch up his breath.

Actually, I don't know if this is the best idea right now Woohyun. Sunggyu was really upset, he might not want to see you right now.” Myungsoo said and the boy looked down at the ground with a guilty pout in his lips. “Why don't we let Sunggyu sleep? Tomorrow his anger will probably have faded a bit, then you can try to apologize, I also think you should think a bit how you will apologize to him if you stumble upon your words maybe he will not like it.” He suggested.

Woohyun slowly looked up to his father again and begrudgingly nodded. You're right.

Now that we came to an understanding..” The young dad poked his son's nose. “Let's prepare ourselves to sleep. It's almost your bedtime and the sooner we go to sleep, the sooner another day will rise and then we can go over their apartment to apologize.”

Woohyun didn't feel sleepy, but he thought his dad was absolutely right, still, he wasn't able to move from his spot, he just wriggled his small body from one side to the other as he held himself not to ask the question in his head. Unfortunately for him, Myungsoo knew him like the back of his hand so he quickly voiced a suggestion that would please his son.

Do you want to sleep together today? He asked and by the sheepish smile and shy smile Woohyun did, he knew he hit the nail.

That night son and father went to bed together, a thing that it was usually reserved for when one of them felt really down. Woohyun didn't seem like reaaaaaaly down but he was surely too nervous and scared of Sunggyu deciding not to be his friend anymore due to his mistake. After the lights were turned off the boy revolved in bed a lot, probably thinking about Sunggyu reaction to his apology in the morning.

Although his son's movements were a factor that didn't let Myungsoo sleep, he also was lost in his own thoughts. Today he gave the first step to test Woohyun reactions to his deepest secrets and while he was kind of accepting in a way, he didn't think that would apply to him, after all Woohyun always thought marriage was a definitive thing and that he should stay faithful to Jihyun forever. At some point, he sighed deeply, what he would do when the time came to tell Woohyun the truth?

By the morning Myungsoo hadn't had a wink of sleep, a thing that could not be said about Woohyun, that managed to sleep some hours at least simply because Myungsoo felt that he would be too evil if he were to wake the boy.

But around 9 Myungsoo was tired of staying in bed thinking of a way to tell Woohyun everything, after all, he knew that, if he progressed with Sungyeol, he wouldn't accept staying hidden forever. It was not like he wanted to be in an undefined situation forever as well. So, after untangling his son from his torso, he went for the kitchen to make breakfast.

Once they were both fed, bathed and ready for the day, they got out of their apartment to knock on the neighbor's door and, while the boy fidget nervously in front of it, Myungsoo tested the doorknob and found strange Sungyeol still hadn't opened the door for them, so he decided to ring the doorbell and knock on the door a couple of times.

After a minute without an answer, both of them hear a noise and soon enough Sungyeol was open the door with bed hair and squinted eyes. “Myungsoo?” Sungyeol asked sleepily.

Hey.” Myungsoo greeted as he took in Sungyeol appearance - he found it cute, and to tell the truth kind of y - but he decided to focus on what he actually knocked Sungyeol door for. “I know it's early but... I had a long conversation with Woohyun yesterday and now that he understands the situation better he is feeling really guilty and... do you think Sunggyu would be inclined to hear his apology?”

Hum..” Sungyeol just blinked and rubbed his eyes a bit, his brain wasn't entirely working yet. “Yeah, sure.” He mumbled then patted his disheveled hair down and opened the door for his neighbor which made Myungsoo give him a relieved and thankful dimpled smile before addressing his nervous son.

Now, now you can talk to him, have you thought what you wanted to say?” He asked just for the boy fight a yawn and nod. Myungsoo thought Woohyun would boldly enter Sungyeol apartment like he always did since they all got close but the boy just fiddled with his shirt nervously. “Come on now, I know it is hard but the sooner you apologize the sooner this bad guilty feeling will go away.” Myungsoo advised.

The boy hesitated for a second, looking between his father and his oldest neighbor – thing that Sungyeol couldn't comprehend why the boy was doing it because he was still sleepy – until Woohyun decided to take a step forward and enter Sungyeol apartment with his father following him right after, for support (supposedly).

He stopped and waited for the neighbor to close the door and, as Sungyeol turned around, he saw that the kid wasn't moving inside the apartment like he always did so he decided to address him.

Sunggyu is sleeping in my bedroom, you can walk...” Suddenly he stopped his words when he felt two little arms around his long legs and a small body close to them.

I'm sorry Sungyeol hyung.” The boy said as he tried to meet Sungyeol eyes from down below, a thing that surprised his father because Myungsoo thought the boy would be more uncomfortable apologizing to the oldest neighbor.

Sorry? Sorry for what?” Sungyeol asked kind of confused then briefly looked at Myungsoo for an explanation, but the boy father just shrugged and Sungyeol looked back at the boy as he talked again.

I didn't mean to hurt you. I didn't mean to be tac-tac-tac...” The boy tried but he couldn't remember the word so he looked at his father, desperately asking for help.

Tactless?” Myungsoo offered and Woohyun promptly returned his gaze to Sungyeol, this time making sure to make puppy eyes.

I didn't mean to be tactless.” The boy repeated more confidently. “I didn't mean to say that you weren't allowed to be happy just because you don't have a mommy and daddy and I'm sorry if it seemed that way, please forgive me hyung.” He pleaded.

At first Sungyeol thought Woohyun was loud, impolite and troublesome, but, even though he changed his opinion on him, he had to agree that the boy just finished the process of charming him with those big puppy eyes, guilty tone and a too fancy word for a seven-year-old, but then again, Woohyun was kind of a fast learner.

Sungyeol just sighed and untangled Woohyun arms from his legs just so he could squat and be at eye level with him. “It's ok Woohyun.” He said but the boy didn't look convinced, he just kept looking at the older guiltily. “It occurs to me that I asked your father for forgiveness but I never apologized to you so just don't mind this ok? We're even. Besides, I know you didn't mean to hurt anybody, you were just curious right?” He asked and the boy nodded still guiltily. “It is possible, it's just harder for some people than it is to others.... don't worry about me, you just need to talk to Sunggyu, ok?”

Ok.” The boy finally agreed, although the guilty look didn't leave his features and Sungyeol hesitated a bit but patted his hair to comfort him.

Sunggyu is sleeping in my room, what do you think of waking him up so you can talk to him, hm?” He offered and Woohyun nodded so Sungyeol breathed relieved and grabbed his hand to pull him to his room.

As they arrived there Myungsoo stopped to observe at the door as Woohyun waited near the bed for Sungyeol to wake his hyung.

Sunggyu-ah, Sunggyu-ah, wake up.” Sungyeol shook his brother softly and the boy moved in bed to blink his small eyes confusedly. “Someone wants to talk to you.” He added.

Sunggyu threw him a questioning look and he replied by making a head motion for a nervous Woohyun behind him and Sunggyu was about to send laser beams of rage through his small eyes for his hyung when Sungyeol spoke again.

Myungsoo gave me a chance to apologize and thanks to that you and Woohyun got close. You don't have to say anything if you don't want to, but give him a chance to apologize at least ok?” Sunggyu just sighed and reluctantly nodded so Sungyeol swiftly got up and headed for the door as Woohyun shifted nervously in place. “I'll leave you two alone but don't hurt each other physically, ok?” He said as he softly pushed Myungsoo one step back and closed the door behind him only to sigh deeply once the door separated them from the kids.

You are getting the hang of it.” Myungsoo said with a hint of pride in his tone only for Sungyeol give him a curt look. “I mean it, you're a lot better.” He praised only for Sungyeol to sigh again and walk past him, so Myungsoo followed after him.

Sunggyu cried himself to sleep, and he kind of took some time to actually sleep so I didn't sleep that well too.” He explained as he entered the kitchen and walked directly towards his precious coffee machine, he had to drink some coffee to wake himself completely.

That's parenthood for you.” Myungsoo said with an amused smile as he watched Sungyeol press some buttons. “And you're definitely getting better at it. And if it makes you feel any better, I couldn't get a wink of sleep either.”

Sungyeol rose a brow. “Why?”

Woohyun wanted to sleep together but he couldn't stop toss and turning.” Myungsoo explained with a yawn and as Sungyeol deemed that a reasonable explanation he went back to the previous topic.

I hope you're right” He mumbled and sighed once more as he waited for his coffee to get ready. “But our plan totally backfired and Sunggyu doesn't want to talk again.” He sighed. “What if Sunggyu goes back to how he was last year?”

Now, Sungyeol didn't expect an answer to that question, not even some comfort from Myungsoo but the younger got close so he could grab Sungyeol elbow and turn him around gently so they could talk face to face.

No, it didn't, Sunggyu just needs some time to digest it but he didn't show disgust and as for Woohyun.... I'm sure he will accept you once he discovers you're gay, so don't be down, hm? Besides, I talked to Woohyun and he is determined to fix this too, ok?” Myungsoo said and placed a well-aimed kiss in Sungyeol cheeks. “As soon as they get over this fight we can tell them about the hyungs and the maknaes relationships.” He added and packed Sungyeol this time on the lips, which made the elder stop being upset and actually giggle and push Myungsoo away a bit.

Stop, I'm sure I'm having a bad breath and I didn't even take a shower yet, besides the kids can come over any minute.” He playfully complained even though he loved the gesture.

I don't mind that, I just need to kiss you, give me just one kiss.” The younger pleaded and Sungyeol hesitated for a couple of seconds but he saw in Myungsoo eyes that he was kind of needing it so he shyly pecked the younger lips, which made the younger make brighten up a bit. “Thank you.” He said with sincerity as Sungyeol turned around to get his full cup of coffee.

What happened with you? You don't look so well too.” He asked then sipped his coffee.

Nothing... it's just...” He hesitated but next time he spoke he lowered his tone. “I tried to test Woohyun reaction if he were to discover my secrets... I think I will need some time to prepare him, and I don't think he will like it when he discovers I am interested in a boy because in his head I'm his mother's only.”

I'm sorry man.” Sungyeol said genuinely sincere although he didn't know how to comfort Myungsoo better, people were definitely his thing.

That's ok.” Myungsoo gave a resilient smile. “The time I'll need to prepare him will be the same time we can take to see if this is going to work out, right?” He suggested more positively

Sungyeol smiled although that sentence pained him a bit, Myungsoo couldn't give him a deadline and that probably would be hidden for as long as the younger needed to deal with Woohyun, but he had already fallen too deep, there was no going back in that sense anymore so he could only nod in agreement. They looked at each other eyes for a couple of seconds and Sungyeol felt he was starting to become awkward, so Myungsoo tried to bring the attention to something else so he could make his neighbor feel better.

Aren't they too quiet? I was expecting to hear some screams.”

Well... that would happen if it was me and Sunggyu in that room, but maybe Sunggyu is plainly ignoring him.” The elder suggested.

No, Woohyun isn't bothered by Sunggyu lack of replies, he will insist for sure.” Myungsoo disagreed.

Let's check on them.” Sungyeol suggested as he placed his coffee on them.

The two adults promptly left the small kitchen and went towards Sunggyu bedroom, but as they got close, they didn't hear any sound coming from it which they found strange. Yes, Sunggyu could be giving Woohyun the cold shoulders, but for woohyun to stop talking completely it was almost impossible, right?

Sungyeol pushed the door open and they had quite a nice surprise: Woohyun was comfortably laying on the older boy bed, with his head on the older boy chest as they happily hugged each other underneath Sunggyu Nemo covers.

Are they good now?” Myungsoo asked a bit dumbfounded, he didn't expect forgiveness come so quickly from Sunggyu.

At least it is one less problem to worry about.” Sungyeol said with a shrug. “They kind of look like they are enjoying to sleep in each other arms.” He added after some seconds analyzing the scene.

Maybe we should take the opportunity to spend some time in each other arms too.” He said as he quietly reached for Sungyeol hand to tangle their fingers.

Sungyeol looked down at their tangled fingers then back at Myungsoo, and the younger squeezed the elder hand encouragingly. Sungyeol tried to contain a shy but pleased smile and a second after he made up his mind and started to close the door.

Little they knew that one of the boys had opened their eyes.

 

____________________________________

AN: My life is a mess right now, but, after a long time thinking and rewriting I finally managed to pull a chapter together. Even if it is not that coherent I think I wrote all the elements I wanted for it. If you think I failed somehow, please point that out so I can correct later, but the essence will keep being the same.