Closer – Almost – Don't be Happy – Again

Tangled

 

 

Next day was hard, but mostly for the kids that had to deal with the awkwardness of entering the classroom and having all the classmates looking at them weirdly, as if afraid to come close, but it wasn't as if Sunggyu wanted to talk to anyone. Thankfully Dongwoo was still there so Myungsoo and Sungyeol apologized for the boy's behavior and promised the kids would behave like lords from now on.

Dongwoo had to laugh with that, he had been upset, not with the kids or the fight, not even for being scratched in the process, but with the annoying principal, although he assured that with Myungsoo and Sungyeol threatening he wouldn't be kicked out or anything, besides, this was his last year there, on the next one he would rotate and would teach in another school.

As the two adults went for college they kept the conversation about their studies. Sungyeol said that lately because he was paying more attention to Sunggyu, he had been slacking off his studies since he used the time Myungsoo had the boys over to concentrate on his work to make some money. Myungsoo hadn't been having full time to concentrate on his projects with an energetic kid that demanded constant attention around, even more when he had practice at least twice a week and had to figure who would take care of him on those days.

What if we expand the time they spend together?” Sungyeol suggested.

What do you mean?” Myungsoo asked confused as he parked the car on college parking lot.

Somebody said we could help each other before but I wasn't thinking straight at the time and I also didn't think they meant helping that way, but what if I take care of both of them one day and you take care of both of them on the next and so on? That way we could have more time to fully concentrate on the things we have to do.” He elaborated.

Myungsoo stopped to think, Sungyeol didn't seem to be extremely bad taking care of kids, every day he got even more close to Sunggyu and he had learned to look at the elder with other eyes. Still, he was a bit unsure, would the kids get homework done at all? If something happened and this kid started to yell on Sungyeol apartment he surely would be disturbed on his apartment.

But when he thought about what Sungyeol said... he did have a lot of projects to finish, he needed to think about the final project for his graduation and choose a professor to work with him, he also needed to go to practices and Woohyun had been complaining that he would have to wake up too early on Thursdays because on the Wednesdays he slept at his grandparents and had to come from another city, so of course it would be better for him to just accept it.

Ok, but I'll leave my door open for Woohyun if he wants to go back to pick up some toy and he still has bedtime at 9 PM.” Myungsoo agreed but left his conditions.

Sungyeol smiled pleased. “Ok, then I'll leave my door open as well, so you can come check on him or if the boys want to go to my apartment if they want something. Bedtime at 9 PM is a must.”

Myungsoo chuckled with the elder the last sentence but also almost felt like blushing, Sungyeol had warmed up to him rather quickly once they started talking on their way to college, yesterday he had called not only him but Woohyun as well friends and now he was giving Myungsoo a free pass to his apartment. That chuckle became a pleased proud smile. “You can come over whenever you want too. We don't mind.”

Maybe I will go to save Woohyun, he says you're not the best in the kitchen.” Sungyeol accepted but couldn't help to tease the younger a bit.

Well, in my defense he is alive and well until now.” Myungsoo replied crossing his arms against his chest and feeling extremely wronged by his own son.

Sungyeol his lips and gulped hard, that action made Myungsoo flex his nice athlete muscles and Sungyeol didn't want to have any kind of lust towards his neighbor, he had to remember that Myungsoo was a straight, straight, straight, straight man that had a son. He averted his eyes and opened the door, which made Myungsoo do the same before he asked.

So, today is my turn or yours?”

No one.” Myungsoo said as he and the elder walked together to the entrance of their building and Sungyeol was a little lost, didn't they just agreed otherwise? “My parents will pick Woohyun up and entertain him like every other Wednesday but when I finish practice we will have a parent day late celebrations since yesterday....”

Oh right, right. I'm sorry, I forgot... Not that I don't have mine anymore it just became another day for grief.” Sungyeol said a bit dispirited and Myungsoo felt the urge to comfort him, but before he could say or do anything the elder was already talking cheerfully again. “Though with the fight, Sunggyu had I couldn't even remember that, which was good, very good.” He smiled to himself as if he managed to finish a personal quest or something and suddenly didn't feel like comforting anymore but praising him somehow.

Things get better hyung, we just need to live one day at the time. If I can you can too.” Myungsoo said with an almost fondness which left the elder a bit dazzled in place. “I need to go now.” For the first time, Myungsoo gave a single pat on the elder's shoulder then turned left and went up the stairs, leaving Sungyeol a bit dumbfounded but fighting internally not to melt. This was so sweet considering that Sungyeol hated his neighbor guts before, it made him feel guilty.

That day Sungyeol went against what he always did and finally joined Chanyeol, with his now girlfriend Dara, on the cafeteria for lunch, but he couldn't get a glimpse of Myungsoo that day. He felt a little disappointed but refused to acknowledge it, he didn't think Myungsoo would talk to him in public anyway, after all, he was the nerd without friends and Myungsoo was the popular athlete. But Sungyeol was wrong because on Thursday Myungsoo actually approached him, looking like a shy kitty.

Hyung.” He greeted with a shy smile as he felt the other two people at the table look at him, Chanyeol was even glaring and Myungsoo didn't know what he did to deserve this kind of look.

Myungsoo!” Sungyeol greeted him cheerfully with a gummy smile, a rare sight in Sungyeol face even in college grounds.

Hyung, can we talk for a minute?” He asked as he side eyed the other two.

Sungyeol got the hint and quickly turned his head to glare at his friend (?). “Snap out of it.” He hissed at Chanyeol that looked at him like a kicked puppy, he only wanted to help in case something was not right, but Sungyeol ignored him and looked at Myungsoo with the gummy smile back in his features. “Don't mind those two, you can speak freely.”

Myungsoo wasn't sure but decided to give it a go, it was a simple and quick question anyway. “Hyung, about that thing that we agreed, we forgot to decide whose turn would be today. I mean, I have no problem, but if you want to...”

Oh, no, it will be ok, it can be my turn today.” Sungyeol readily agreed as his friends looked at each other with raised brows, Sungyeol and Myungsoo conversation seemed suspicious to them.

Nice, I can't wait to have the apartment all to myself, we'll be able to do so much stuff like this...” Myungsoo said excitedly and he obviously meant that without a kid in their apartment they both would be able to concentrate and have their own respective work, assignments, and projects done on the days they wouldn't be taking care of the kids but of course Sungyeol friends didn't know that and were giving knowing looks at him, mainly when Myungsoo talked next. “I have to go now, see you at night hyung.”

Bye.” Sungyeol waved at a retreating Myungsoo then turned his head back to his friends to notice

their knowing looks. “What?” He asked irritated. “It's not what you're thinking, he is only doing me a favor.” He tried to explain but Chanyeol had to be an .

ual favor? Do you take turns in bed? I would never guess this guy...”

He is straight you moron, I don't do straight people.” Sungyeol hissed interrupting him much for Dara amusement. “Why do I even hang out with you? I hate you, I need to find a friend asap.”

Hey!” The other tall man complained hurt but Sungyeol was already up and leaving the table they were at.

The arrangement they made was really good. Myungsoo had picked Woohyun in school and delivered him already bathed on Sungyeol door so he and Sunggyu could spend time together during the week. The boys were ecstatic to do just that but Sungyeol gave them a pointed look and announced no play would be happening until them both finished homework. Woohyun instantly deflate but Sunggyu encouraged him.

Come on Woohyunnie, I'll help you with math so we can finish faster.”

This helps you're offering... it better be you teaching him how to do it and not you doing for him.” Sungyeol slightly scolded before the kids scurried off to do homework, after all as soon as they finished the soon they could play, then he turned to speak to his neighbor. Enjoy your time Myungsoo, if something happens you can come in ok? He said with a smile and both adults closed their doors.

Just as Sungyeol hoped, Myungsoo got immersed in his projects, and while he couldn't finish them all in just a couple of hours, he was able to fully concentrate and make a good progress. He decided to have a break to drink some water and it was just then that he saw the clock in a 9:15 PM position. Damn, it was past Woohyun bedtime already, he completely forgot about the time to go pick him up. As he scrambled out of his room, he saw the handle moving and the door opening, before he saw Sungyeol hand tentatively push the door open.

Myungsoo ran for the front door and when he pulled it fully open Sungyeol gave a startled step back, but the young dad could see his son in Sungyeol arms, resting his head on Sungyeol shoulder and with his small around the older neck, already fast asleep.

Oh my god, I'm so sorry, I totally forgot about the time.” Myungsoo apologized and sauntered around Sungyeol as if trying to figure it out a way to take Woohyun from the older arms and into his own.

It's ok, it's ok.” Sungyeol assured with a bemused smile. Just show me the way to his room. Sungyeol asked because he had never really stepped inside his neighbor apartment and the young dad quickly did that.

He placed Woohyun gently on his bed and waited for Myungsoo to finish tucking him in before both adults left the kid room and Myungsoo tried to apologize again.

I'm so sorry you had to carry him here, please forgive me.” He tried to bow but Sungyeol managed to grab him by the elbow before he could and straighten him.

It's ok.” Sungyeol chuckled. “Is he always like this? One minute he was playing actively than one minute later he was sleeping on the floor, so I picked him up dressed him in Sunggyu pajamas and brought him over, he is really light so it wasn't a big problem.”

Ahn yeah, it's weird but it is like he shuts down, it's good though because when he was a baby he didn't give me many sleepless nights, it's like his body knows I need to rest too.” Myungsoo said awkwardly. “And yes, he is very light for his age, I don't know where all the food he eats goes. Thank you for the pajamas too, I'll wash it and return it.”

It's ok, do you want to take back his clothes now?” Sungyeol asked and Myungsoo shrugged so they both left to Sungyeol apartment to grab Woohyun clothes as the elder talked. “So you're up for Saturday right?”

Saturday?" Myungsoo asked confused as they crossed both doors.

Yes, Saturday, you didn't receive any message?” Sungyeol stopped to turn around and lift an inquiring brow at him.

What message?” Myungsoo asked dumbfounded because he was so eager to have some progress on his projects that he forgot his phone inside his bag.

Sungyeol could have let out sigh but instead, he opened a devilish grin, pleased he was the one that was relaying this to his neighbor. “Sungjong finally contacted me, he asked if I could join him and Moonsoo for dinner. I think they have something to announce. Come on, tell me you'll be there too, we can play good cop bad cop on them.”

No way!” Myungsoo opened an equally devilish smile and giggled. “Yeah I would love to, but I have practiced on Saturdays, talking about that I should ask Moonsoo if he will be able to come watch Woohyun and...”

Dude, haven't we agreed to take turns? You can leave him here, Sunggyu would love it and won't pester me.” Sungyeol used a tone that clearly said he was hurt that Myungsoo didn't think about him first.

If you're offering..” Myungsoo let out a sheepish smile and Sungyeol also smiled before he grabbed the clothes he placed on the couch earlier and passed to Myungsoo.

The young dad was about to thank again when Sungyeol interrupted him. “Myungsoo, I've been thinking... it would make things even easier if we both didn't need to go pick up the boys. I mean, I can authorize Sunggyu to leave school with you already so... ehr, do you know how to drive?”

I don't drive much but I do have a license.” Myungsoo said although he was frowning at Sungyeol.

Good, then I'll lend you my car, so make sure to come find me to get the keys before you leave college. I would hand you the keys after we arrive there but sometimes I go out and come back so yeah. I'll trust you with my car ok? Please don't leave any scratches on it.” He ended playfully.

Why?”

Well, it would be a bother to have a scratch on it? This car is like six months old.” Sungyeol deadpanned about Myungsoo kept frowning at him so he guessed the younger wasn't talking about that. “I always pick Sunggyu up before you show up for Woohyun and the boy stays waiting there for god knows how long, probably because the bus takes a while to come and the route is quite long... “He tried to explain again but Myungsoo interrupted to do his own explanation, Sungyeol definitely didn't get his question.

No, I mean, why are you doing this? You've been doing a lot of things for us lately and I'm not doing anything back.”

Sungyeol stopped, that was a very good and pertinent question that he didn't think he had an answer. Was this really just because of the kids? Was this because he was being selfish and greedy for time alone so he could do things from adult life that he couldn't always do because of the kids? Was this because he genuinely wanted to help Myungsoo? Was this because he wanted to change his image? And if so why he would want to do that? He wouldn't gain anything from it. He gulped and decided to go with the most generic answer he could give right now.

I want to be a better person.”

You don't need to try hard, I already think you're a good person.” Myungsoo offered a gentle smile. “As I get to know you better I understand that you were not in the right state of your mind and you've put your prejudice to rest now so... yeah...”

Sungyeol didn't know what to say next and Myungsoo regretted deeply what he just said because that caused him to lose his own words too. They spent a couple of minutes just looking at each other and not knowing what to do or what to say until Sungyeol gulped hard and forced himself to break the silence.

So... will you drive the boys?” Sungyeol made an expectant expression.

Sure, if you'd entrust Sunggyu, I'll bring him home safely.” Myungsoo agreed and after more five minutes talking amenities he went back to his apartment not missing the way his chest felt warm when he noticed he gained a bit more trust from Sungyeol, gosh he felt so good when he managed to change people opinions on himself.

On Friday morning Myungsoo and Sungyeol both woke up early so they could have a talk with not only Dongwoo but the school staff as well, about their arrangements which left the said teacher kind of beaming secretly. At the end of the afternoon Sungyeol and Myungsoo met briefly at the halls so the eldest could give his car keys so the other would pick the boys up, and if it was Sungyeol picking up Woohyun the boy would have struggled at least a bit – they both were still a bit awkward towards each other - but Sunggyu only beamed with this news.

On Saturday Myungsoo and Woohyun left early to play soccer in the park, Sunggyu woke up a bit later and dreaded sports. On the way back Myungsoo and Woohyun had a conversation, the boy understand that his dad and Sunggyu brother had agreed on his and Sunggyu playing, and he was really thankful he could see his hyung out of school everyday, but couldn't understand why his dad seemed to be befriending Sunggyu brother so freely, that scary hyung hated them both before, and it broke Woohyun heart that someone could hate his dad.

Woohyun...” Myungsoo stopped a second to arrange the thoughts in his head. “As you know Sungyeol hyung and I talked, we forgave each other and decided to start anew, just like you did with your classmates, and Sungyeol hyung is putting effort into changing and getting to know me better so his prejudice goes away. I didn't expect much from him from the beginning, but now... now I like him.”

Myungsoo only noticed the implications what he had said when he saw Woohyun eyes getting big and searching in his own eyes for some explanations. “You.. you like him?” The boy stuttered.

The young dad gulped hard but tried to suppress any emotion that could show in his face, he didn't know why he blurted that, he didn't know what meaning, from the two possible ones, he even meant, and, honestly he was just as lost as Woohyun seemed to be in this one.

You know daddy get's lonely sometimes...” Myungsoo tried to explain but instantly cursed in his mind, couldn't he say anything without double meanings? “I mean, you have Sunggyu, right? He is your friend, but I...”

But daddy has friends in school too right?”

Yes, but they are different.” Myungsoo conceded. “You'll learn through your life that not everyone that spends time with you is your friends and not all your friends you can truly count on, and even them might not stay forever with you, like Kibummie...” He said and his friend looked down at his feet as he remembered the friend that moved outside the country. “Dad has some friends in school, like uncle Minho and uncle Jungshin that play with me, but it's hard to make friends when everybody it's full of prejudice because I decided to be a young dad. And while this is not your fault at all...” He added when he felt the kid eyes getting sad. “I wish I could have a friend that could understand me better, because... people at my age like to go out to drink, like to go to clubs, like to date and they can't understand or don't want to respect, the fact that I have responsibilities over you and I prefer to spend my free time with you as well.”

Hum. So Sungyeol hyung...” Woohyun prompted Myungsoo for a conclusion.

Sungyeol hyung has Sunggyu, so he has potential to be the kind of friend that I need at the moment, like for example if I want to talk about the fight you and Sunggyu were in, or if it's ok to offer you cake before dinner time, those kinds of things that adults that have kids think about all the time. Do you understand?”

I understand.” Woohyun said but scratched his head in confusion.

You still don't like him is that it?” Myungsoo asked softly although he thought it was too late for Woohyun to think about that when he was spending 50% of his time at the neighbors.

No, that's not it, I like him, he has been nicer to me so if you want to be his friend it's ok.” He said and Myungsoo held a pleased smile. “It's just...” Woohyun played with the hem of his shirt since he couldn't bite his lips, he still had the stitches on, and Myungsoo made a worried expression before the boy continued. “Mommy is still your number one on everything right?”

Myungsoo didn't know if this came out of insecurities set on Woohyun by Minggyu early that week if this was because he was showing some kind of different behavior lately or something else, but he felt his blood run cold with that statement. So to gain time to answer, and discover the reason for this question, he threw a question back at his son.

Why are you asking me this?” He forced an amused chuckled although he dreaded the answer he could see that his son was already making an upset expression.

I don't know... but I don't want anyone becoming more important than omma.” The boy said firmly and Myungsoo heart sunk and he tried to not seem hurt even though he was, it was like Woohyun was saying he didn't have permission to rebuild his life and be happy.

You don't have to worry, your mom will always be the only girl in my heart.” He assured kind of stiffly but he didn't think Woohyun noticed that sad undertone in his voice because the boy seemed pleased with his answer. “And Sungyeol hyung is just a friend that maybe one day will be like Sunggyu for you.” He added.

Woohyun squinted his eyes at his dad, clearly not believing this. “No, it's different.” He said. “After omma and appa Sunggyu hyung is my favorite person, even more than Kibummie.”

Again Myungsoo didn't know what to take that for but he decided to take the humorous and amused road. “What about grandma? What about grandpa? What about Uncle Moonsoo? They'll be hurt when they hear about this.” He said playfully and Woohyun seemed conflicted and guilty for a minute until he found an answer.

Daddy will protect me and won't tell them.” The boy said pleased with his own answer and Myungsoo wanted to laugh, the way Woohyun spoke was too cute and funny.

Ok champs, I won't tell them, it will be our little secret. Just be sure to give lots of love to them whenever you meet them so they won't get suspicious.” He advised and Woohyun promptly nodded in agreement. “Now, do you prefer to come with me and watch my practice later or do you want to stay back and play with Sunggyu?”

Sungyeol hyung let me? And can I really chose?” The boy's eyes twinkled.

Yes, Sungyeol hyung said he could watch over you if you decided to stay back, but you'll have to behave and obey him.”

Will daddy be sad if I stay back?”

Not at all.” He assured.

Then I want to play with Gyu hyung.” The boy squealed in happiness and clapped his little hands together.

Ok, then, let's go home to eat and take a bath, then you can go play with Sunggyu. But when I get back Uncle Moonsoo will come and we will probably have dinner together with him ok?”

For the first time, Myungsoo left Woohyun in Sungyeol care during one of his practices on that fine Saturday afternoon. He was a bit worried, he wanted Woohyun to trust Sungyeol a bit more since the elder was putting so much effort into changing but at the same time he wondered why Woohyun was worried over his friendship with Sungyeol.

Yes, they were slowly becoming close, but in Myungsoo head it was nothing that could make his son feel that he was putting his wife into second place in his heart or something. He ended up figuring that Woohyun was sensing something wrong with him, but he didn't know what it was, so he decided to self-reflect, but that would have to wait because Moonsoo and Sungjong were going to come over today and Myungsoo and Sungyeol conjured some fun teasing for them, besides they had to figure how to drop this kind of news to the kids.

When practice ended Myungsoo called Sungyeol to ask if Woohyun had behaved and if he should bring some take out, and Sungyeol answered yes to both questions, but because the boys apparently played too much while showering (thing that Sungyeol assured over and over that he was not mad and that he didn't care), now the bathroom was all messy and Sungyeol would have to clean which left little time to cook. Pity, Myungsoo liked Sungyeol cooking on the few occasions he got to taste it.

Myungsoo ended up bumping with Moonsoo and Sungjong in front of his building and, although he tried to tease both teenagers closeness, the youngsters turned the game around by asking where was Woohyun. He explained that Sungyeol offered to take care of Woohyun all day and Sungjong gave a knowing grin although Moonsoo was a little lost. They ended up parting ways in front of Myungsoo door, the teenagers would go to Sungyeol apartment with the food while Myungsoo would take a quick bath to come as well.

That knowing grin Sungjong had done? He made one even bigger when he noticed that Myungsoo entered Sungyeol apartment without hitting the doorbell and unannounced.

Daddy!” Woohyun exclaimed once he saw him and ran to give him a hug, even Sunggyu ran to give him a greeting hug too and Sungjong whispered something in Moonsoo ear that made the latter stare at the scene as if he couldn't believe. “How did the practice go?” The boy asked.

Namu! I was failing because I missed you so much, you're the one that gives me strength.” Myungsoo cooed as he hugged his son and patted his hair which made his son giggle. “Hi to you too Gyu, do you want a hug too?” He let go of his son to give Sunggyu a hug that the boy indulged in it, Myungsoo hugs were the best even though Sungyeol hugged him every now and then. “How was your day?” He asked the boys.

It was awesome, we baked cupcakes today!”

Really?” Myungsoo gasped and finally looked at Sungyeol that seemed to have some flour on his hair although both boys looked bathed and just pristine.

Really! It was so nice, though Gyu hyung kept looking for onions to peel.” The boy said then laughed hard, he was having the time of his life teasing his hyung.

Mom always told me to peel onions.” Sunggyu huffed feeling wronged and crossed his little arms over his chest.

You can't put onions on cupcakes hyung, it would taste weird.” Woohyun added and laughed even more.

Hey, hey, don't , maybe he isn't used to watching people cooking, not everyone is like you.” Myungsoo lightly scolded his son and poked his sides, which pleased Sunggyu. He then got further inside the apartment and talked directly to the owner, ignoring both teenagers for further Sungjong amusement. “Hi hyung, how did baking go for you?”

It was better than what I initially had imagined.” He said but Myungsoo kept looking at his hair as if he didn't believe and only then Sungyeol noticed there was flour on it and groaned. “This was Sunggyu getting frustrated, Woohyun is surprisingly good at it.”

He likes to watch our mom cook.” Moonsoo offered an explanation.

Really?” Myungsoo still didn't believe.

You can see for yourself, we baked three batches.” Sungyeol pointed to the small table where they had had dinner some weeks ago. There were three different kinds of cupcakes there, those perfect puffy with different frosting colors, there was another batch that wasn't fully developed but came pretty close but had multi-colored frosting and the other was something smashed with a messy blend white cream lazily put on top, well Myungsoo could guess whose was whose.

Hey don't look too much at it, dessert only after dinner.” Sungyeol playfully scolded and only now Myungsoo noticed that the dinner was over Sungyeol coffee table, and also his own – what his coffee table was even doing here? - where they all would crowd to have dinner.

Myungsoo followed him and the boys also settled to eat, and while Sungyeol usually let Sunggyu take his vegetables out of his food, this time he already had prepared food without vegetables for the boy because he wanted the boy to finish eating faster, he had some teasing to do.

Over dinner, they chatted about innocent topics, mostly about the boys, although Sungyeol made sure with his eyes he was up to no good and Sungjong felt some shivers on his spine because of that. The boys made quick interruptions here and there on their conversations, mainly because they were quite interested in finishing dinner fast so they could eat the cupcakes before playing. Myungsoo was amused, cupcakes, Sungyeol was a mastermind.

As soon as Woohyun left his dishes in the sink ( a habit that Sunggyu didn't pick up yet although Sungyeol was praying hard that he did), the boys scurried to the table and got cupcakes to give the hyungs. Woohyun brought the ones he made himself for his dad and uncle and waited anxiously until he received a positive feedback while Sunggyu just gave his hyungs the cupcakes made Sungyeol - he knew he big time on the kitchen and didn't even want to try those he made himself – before both of them left the living room beaming with cupcakes on their tiny little hands.

Once they were sure the boys were back on Sunggyu room both Myungsoo and Moonsoo put half eaten cupcakes at the table again and drank their soda to wash their mouths.

Too sweet.” Moonsoo explained when Sungjong made a concerned face, but, aside from that, Sungyeol was looking at the teenagers with an evil glint in his eyes and a bemused smirk on his lips.

So, do you two have something to tell me? Us?” He asked and a the topping of his perfect cupcake and Myungsoo didn't know what to do with that image, he hoped the two teenagers were too uncomfortable in their own shoes to even look at him.

Sungjong looked at Moonsoo, and they both seemed to be exchanging telepathic messages before the younger Lee decided to talk. “Ok, we are dating.”

Since when?” Sungyeol probed further.

Urgh, hyung, you know already, why do I have to spell it out for you? Since Gyu's birthday.” The youngest teenager replied annoyed.

Finally.” Myungsoo chose to mess with them as well. “So Moonsoo finally grew a pair or did you do all the work?” He directed his question at Sungjong for Moonsoo mortification.

Hyung!” The boy whined but then cleared his throat once he noticed Sungyeol scrutinizing him. “We decided that these kind of questions, and bedroom-related questions, are not going to be answered.”

Sungyeol smiled wickedly. “But I will know because Sungjong will tell Hoya for sure, and if Hoya knows, Dongwoo hyung knows and then I know as well.” He then turned to Myungsoo. “Then I will tell you.”

Why would I want to know what my brother and your brother do inside the bedroom?” Myungsoo made a disgusted face as he received a mental image of both teenagers at it.

Both teenagers flushed beet red. “We are not going to tell anyone about this!” They said together but were ignored by their hyungs.

Aish, I wasn't talking about , I was talking about who asked who out. I knew there was a limit to your openness somewhere and here comes your straightness messing up everything. Just know that right now you're the minority here, mister.” Sungyeol complained and went back to his cupcake.

Sorry, I misunderstood your words, I just don't want to receive mental images that could be traumatizing.” Suddenly Myungsoo halted his explanation and seemed like he realized something. “Oh my god! Noooo!” He wailed and although the mental images were rather traumatizing he exaggerated on his act to make the boys embarrassed.

Sungyeol eyes Myungsoo judging before muttering grumpily. “Suddenly I don't like our families connected.”

What?” Moonsoo gasped.

Hyung, you won't create problems for us right?” Sungjong asked in suspicious but Sungyeol just looked t him blankly, waiting for him to finish his tantrum.

Sungyeol-shi, I really like Sungjong.” The younger Kim at the precinct pleaded.

Hyung, I won't let you dictate my love life, Moonsoo hyung is a good person.” Sungjong replied now angered that Sungyeol wasn't giving a reaction.

Before his brother could say more profanities, Sungyeol phone rang and he looked at the screen to see who it was, once he saw the screen he grew pale before he refused the incoming call. “Where were we?” He asked distressed.

Who was it?” Sungjong halted his wrath to ask.

No one.” Sungyeol replied nervously and Sungjong didn't believe while the set of brothers beside them looked at the exchange in confusion.

Hyung, who...” Sungjong tried to ask, this time menacingly, but the phone rung again and after checking the call Sungyeol refused it nervously once more. “It's him! Hyung, why the hell are you still talking to that dude?” The younger Lee accused and Myungsoo didn't know why but he felt his heart sink with the revelation.

No, I'm not. It might not look like it but I do love myself, I don't want that jerk in my life anymore.” Sungyeol barked. “I'm not contacting him, I even deleted his phone number, you can check if you want it.” Sungyeol unlocked his phone and gave to his brother that wasn't believing his words. As for Myungsoo, he finally felt a little of hope but convinced himself that it was because he didn't want Sungyeol to dump the babysitting work all on himself.

Sungjong was going to do just that, he was going to check Sungyeol call log, Kakao Conversations and Facebook for any hints that his brother might have possibly been contacting the spawn of Satan dude, but the moment he pressed the call log icon the phone rang a third time. As Sungyeol had stated before he seemed to have deleted the guy phone since it didn't appear a name but he figured his brother recognized the guy by his phone number.

You know what? You're not going to talk to him.” Sungjong said in a definitive tone as he turned Sungyeol phone off.

I didn't want to in the first place. I just feel angry that he called me now when I already told him we are over.” Sungyeol huffed annoyed then drank a sip of his soda while Myungsoo was secretly pleased to hear that, because, you know, he didn't want to do all the babysitting alone or else he wouldn't have time to do anything more in his life. Let's just ignore him and continue where we were before. He said getting serious. “We need to think about how to drop the news to the kids.” Sungyeol suggested but at the moment the boys came from Sunggyu room.

Hyung!” Both boys screamed at Sungyeol that looked puzzled. “Hyung, did you hear? Someone is calling you.” Sunggyu said and everyone went quietly to try to hear.

...OOOOOOOOOOOOOL” They heard someone screaming/slurring faintly.

Oh my god, there really is someone calling you hyung.” Moonsoo agreed. “I think the sound comes from the other side.” He added and it made sense, Sungyeol had a small veranda it didn't face the street. He also didn't live on the lowers floors so whoever was screaming his name was putting some effort to be loud, soon enough his old neighbors would start getting mad.

Maybe we can hear better from your apartment, hyung.” Sungjong said directing his words at Myungsoo.

Yeah, maybe, let's check it out.” Myungsoo suggested and they all got up to go to his apartment but as soon as they opened both doors they heard the guys scream again.

SUNGYEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, COME BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!” The guy screamed even louder.

Back to where?” Sunggyu asked puzzled looking at his elder brother that had to dig a hole and hide, that voice was definitely from Sangwoo and Sungyeol was embarrassed with that not to mention he was totally frozen and pale.

I can't believe this guy had the nerve to come here, I'm going to give him a piece of my mind.” Sungjong said in utter anger and was about to enter Myungsoo apartment when Myungsoo grabbed his collar and then pushed him lightly towards Moonsoo.

You two go back to hyung apartment and take care of the kids, Sungyeol and I will deal with this guy once and for all.” The young dad instructed and clearly meaning distract instead of taking care.

What?” Sungyeol suddenly snapped back to reality.

The pair of young lovers looked at Myungsoo hesitantly but when the guy screamed Sungyeol name again, and Myungsoo gave them a pointed look, the teenagers were quick to distract the kids.

Who wants more cupcakes?” Moonsoo offered.

ME! ME! ME!” Sunggyu raised his hand and jumped in place, he loved to eat.

YAAAAAAAAAAAY!” Woohyun cheered.

Once the kids were safely inside Sungyeol apartment Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol wrist and brought him inside his apartment and towards the small veranda, but the taller resisted.

Wait! Myungsoo, just wait! I don't want to talk to him.” He said as he managed to free himself.

Ok, if you don't want to talk to him it's ok, but we have to make him go away in a definitive manner...” Myungsoo said and Sungyeol agreed with him, but as he thought about the way Myungsoo 'solved' the problem last time he wasn't sure he wanted Myungsoo to help this time.

SUNGYEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL, I MISS YOOOOOOOOU~~~~!” The guy screamed louder to further Sungyeol mortification, now everybody in the building already guessed he was gay.

Leave this to me, I'll deal with him.” Myungsoo said with confidence and next thing Sungyeol knew he was taking his clothes off until he was only in his underwear.

Oh my god.” He gasped and quickly closed his eyes with both hands, Myungsoo had a beautiful body but he shouldn't look, he just shouldn't look at all. He was a gay man watching a straight man undress, if he got hard it would only make Myungsoo be uncomfortable and the effort they were putting to become friends go all down the drain.

Then he remembered there was a person screaming his name and a semi man that a minute ago wanted to go to the veranda. His neighbor said he would take care of this situation and, from all the things he could think that Myungsoo could do, he was only sure of one thing: this would be worse than their bathroom kiss.

He quickly uncovered his eyes just in time to see Myungsoo messing his hair and taking a deep breath. “Myungsoo wait!” He pleaded but the younger just stepped outside to the veranda.

 

_________________________________________________________________

AN: Hi, it's been a while right? Sorry but this week we had Carnaval in Brazil and I had to run away from this and hadn't a good connection not to mention I was recovering from my wisdom tooth surgery.
A big shout out to @infinite_myeongyeol, our birthday girl, and @shana_o7 that I always hear about though we never talk.