Birthday preparations

Tangled

 

 

Myungsoo was decided to honor his words and promises for everyone but first, he had to figure it out how he would do that.

On Friday after Sungyeol dropped the kids at school he spent the day in college, while Myungsoo visited Hoya apartment for the first time so they could talk about work. Hoya explained he lived alone so if Myungsoo needed guidance and company for work he should come there because he had sort of an office and more than a computer with big screens that Myungsoo could use for work. He also explained that his parents lived two floors above and that sometimes his mother appeared with some takeout for lunch or some homemade food for dinner too.

After explaining more of the creative process Hoya his computer and showed to Myungsoo his webtoons (as if Myungsoo wasn't a reader), graphic patterns, typography, then talked about the plot and the characters and how he liked them to be usually portrayed, there was a series of files explaining most things in detail which would easy Myungsoo work a lot.

Sungyeol is kind of a methodical perfectionist, he rubbed off on me. Not that I'm complaining.” Hoya had explained.

On Saturday Myungsoo decided to take Woohyun to Incheon but, of course, he invited the brothers that lived across them as well. The boys were excited to play in the pool (though Sunggyu would still have to use some floater because he needed more practice swimming) but Sungyeol felt a bit awkward, it was going to be his first time there as Myungsoo official boyfriend and he thought something might go wrong.

But it didn't. Myungsoo father made some barbecue and shared some kitchen tricks with Sungyeol as Myungsoo and his mom played with the boys on the pool and then everyone sat down to eat later as they discussed the last happening in the boy's life.

Dongwoo hyung said there will be a festival at the year-end.” Sunggyu spoke idly.

Oh, are you going to participate?” Bumsoo asked looking from one kid to the other. “What are you going to perform?”

We don't know yet, I think a play?” Woohyun wasn't sure. 

“It will be your first play right?”Sonmi asked excitedly.

I preferred to sing a song.” Sunggyu pouted and Woohyun gasped, remembering something.

Grandpa, grandma, Sungyeol hyung is teaching us English songs and Piano.”

The conversation flowed from there, quite easily Sungyeol might add and somehow Sungyeol thanked the lords that he put some effort to get close to the kids because they were a major help on the not-feeling-awkward-with-the-in-laws-that-know-my-past department. Once the sunset, the boys were rushed to take a bath together (with Sungyeol volunteering to supervise) when Myungsoo's parents pulled him to the side to have a conversation.

Awn Myungsoo, you're two are so cute together.” Sonmi beamed.

Yeah, kind of” but you can fawn over them another time.” Bumsoo scolded his wife that pouted and turned to ask his son. “Any news?”

Not a thing about the guy yet.” Myungsoo sighed. “Moonsoo didn't give me news on the DVD and I hadn't the time to look for my phone either.”

We have news for you though. We found a lead on his grandma, an address, we will go there this week but I'm not sure she still lives there if she doesn't we expect to get some clue with some neighbor.” Bumsoo dutifully informed.

And what will you tell her?” Myungsoo asked nervously.

We just want to confirm the address first, we have to think about that further, this a delicate matter, we can't piss her off if we want that from her, besides I think it would be better if you talked to her directly.” Sonmi added just for Myungsoo to sigh.

I don't know... I don't want to meet these people, but if it's for Woohyun...” He shrugged and sighed as his father patted him on the back.

Everything will fall into place.” He tried to comfort his son. “Are you trying to talk to Woohyun?”

Yes, but he refuses to hear things about his mother when it is not something that he likes.” He huffed and ran his hands over his hear. “I don't know what to do, I don't want to be mean and force these things on him.” He sighed. “I don't know, I just don't know.”

His parents gave him some encouraging words but then the boys came running to the living room so they quickly changed subject to Myungsoo new job while his son demanded his dad to fix his hair before they came back to Seoul.

The next week was crucial for Myungsoo to adapt but at some point, he decided that he would work at Hoya place (so he could concentrate), and he would go there on Wednesdays and Fridays and stay all day long while Sungyeol stayed in college. On Mondays, he would do whatever assignment of his only subject he had to do then prepare his project the rest of the day. On Tuesday he and Sungyeol spent time at Sungyeol place and they both worked on their own things and Thursday they ended up having some intimate moments as well. At night they helped the kids with homework and spend time with the kids, and just like Myungsoo promised, Woohyun didn't feel the effect of his father work on their life, which left him quite happy.

Hoya and Dongwoo dropped by Saturday morning just about the time the adults were taking the kids to the park so they tagged along. Woohyun loved going to the park because he could play soccer, his beloved favorite sport, and though Sunggyu still kind of he, and even Sungyeol, were getting less lazy.

Dongwoo and Hoya stayed with them until lunchtime in which Hoya informed that he was getting good feedback on Myungsoo work. His praises left Myungsoo being a bit shy but of course, Woohyun would be cheering and saying 'daddy is the best!'.

During the week Myungsoo was able to manage his time in a good way so Sungyeol was kinda relieved and pleased that things were working for his boyfriend in a way that benefited them as a couple as well. But as much as he was happy for that, he took the chance to ask about Sunggyu social life to Dongwoo and the pink haired teacher was happy to inform that Sunggyu started talking to a girl called Shinhye, and a boy called Junhyung sporadically, but of course Woohyun was still around, helping with the flow their small conversation.

Next week went more or less like the previous week, the only difference was that Myungsoo managed to finish reading a couple of books for his thesis and now that he understood the work better he was able to become faster, which left Hoya beyond happy and free to get on with his Cheese on a Trap adaptation for the last two episodes with the screenwriter.

On the next Wednesday, Myungsoo was working on Hoya apartment rather focused when the said guy tapped his arm to get his attention to ask something he wasn't expecting.

Myungsoo, what are your plans for next Saturday? “

Myungsoo frowned deeply. “Why? Do you want me to work? If is that so I can probably pull some all-nighter but on Saturday's I spend time with my son and Sungyeol hyung, I can't simply ditch them without some come commotion from both of them.” He tried to make his boss understand and Hoya did, but the elder didn't mean to talk about work.

I know, I know.” Hoya chuckled and waved his hands in dismissal. “I just wanted to know if you and Sungyeol decided to do something special because Sungjong and I were thinking about stopping by with dinner for him, but if you decided to do something else we can drop by on Sunday or wait to see him next week, there's not a problem at all.” Hoya explained and smiled showing a harmless smile, unfortunately for the young dad he didn't understand what his boss meant and just blinked confusedly at him.

What do you mean?” He ended up asking.

Hoya laughed. “Sungyeol birthday, silly.” He was going to laugh more but, with the face of surprise Myungsoo made, Hoya understood he knew nothing about that. “Wait right there, Sungyeol birthday is around the corner and you didn't make plans yet? What kind of boyfriend are you?” He asked playfully although with some surprise.

The kind that didn't know it was his birthday.” Myungsoo mumbled guiltily.

You didn't know?” Hoya furrowed his brows.

No, I knew it was in late August but he never told me which day it was...”

Than thank god I touched the subject before everything was screwed, Sungyeol is not that materialist but if he likes you and you forget his birthday he can hold a hard grudge.” He said then got up and motioned Myungsoo to do the same. Come on, let's drop by on Sungjong dorm so we can plan something.

Thanks to Hoya, Myungsoo discovered that Sungyeol birthday would be on August 27th and Sungjong celebrated his on September 3rd, and that meant he had at least a few days to think about something. As soon as they dropped by Sungjong dorm, that Hoya seemed extremely familiar with, the Lee and Kim maknaes came out and demanded to get a ride to the mall because they wanted to buy a gift.

Sungjong and Moonsoo bought a rare edition expensive book and Hoya bought a pair of jeans because, really Sungyeol was in need of new casual clothes, most of his were button-ups he used for work/college and he often used those ugly black trousers that made him look even skinnier. Myungsoo didn't really know what to buy, he didn't know Sungyeol too long but he decided to give him a new button up shirt, because he felt Sungyeol liked that style better.

When they paused for a snack Sungjong tried to scoop with his brother what he wanted to do this year.

Yeol: Don't know, staying home?

Jong: You meant to say 'dinner at our usual place at 7 PM, right? We will be there.

Yeol: Wait, Sungjong, I don't want to go out.

Jong: Fewer dishes to wash.

Yeol: I've been convinced.

Sungjong smirked proudly to himself and warned the others about the plans, though they agreed they would wait to see if Sungyeol would invite them.

Does Sungyeol hyung likes surprises?” Myungsoo suddenly asked. “I could try to surprise him somehow, do you think he would like it?”

If it involves you I'm sure he will like.” Hoya said with a devious twinkle in his eyes and a smile that showed his fangs.

HYUNG!” Both Kim brothers were horrified with Myungsoo blushing hard, not that he wouldn't do that if he could, but with the kids around and Sungyeol not completely comfortable either he doubted the other would be pleased with that kind of pushing surprise.

Well, Sungyeol hyung had big parties until he was seven but most people that were invited didn't come or they came because of our mother, not because they actually liked him.” Sungjong thought aloud before he focused on Myungsoo. “I don't think he ever had a surprise party before.”

Talking seriously now, if people who genuinely like him attended, I think he would be touched.” Hoya gave his input. “I know he doesn't have many but would invite his friends if I knew them.”

Hyung, do you know his friends?” Moonsoo asked curiously.

I know one of his friends, though I suspect the guy doesn't like me.” Myungsoo said as he thought about Chanyeol.

Eh? What's there not to like you? Aside from that one fight in high school, you are pretty harmless hyung.” His brother was surprised and Myungsoo became uncomfortable, he had a reason to fight back then, a strong one, but he didn't want to talk about that. Hopefully, Sungjong came to his rescue.

But do you think you can talk with this guy? Invite him or something?” Sungjong asked.

Yeah, I mean, if I see him of course. But I only go to college on Mondays....” Hoya and Moonsoo sighed deeply as Sungjong tried to think of a solution but Myungsoo came up with one himself.

But I have a friend that dated a girl from Sungyeol hyung department and she knows that guy....” He pulled the phone out of his pockets and started typing on it. “I think I can get his number.”

Marvelous, don't forget to ask if he has another close friend there and invite them.” Sungjong pointed and the young dad hummed in agreement.

But what are you going to do?” Hoya asked. “You have to do something different from the others.”

Definitely.” Sungjong agreed as he looked at Myungsoo.

Hmm.” Myungsoo thought a bit once he pocketed his phone again. “I can say I have basketball practice till late – and I really do have but it ends at 6 PM - and won't come but I can appear with a cake for him later, which kind of cake he likes?”

Coffee.” Hoya and Sungjong said together. “Mom has a friend that bakes wonders he likes her cake the most.” The younger added.

Later that night Myungsoo had already hidden Sungyeol gift and was cooking when Sungyeol came with the kids and he thanked all the gods that he already talked with Chanyeol over the phone at that moment.

Heeeey.” Myungsoo greeted happily once his son and Sunggyu came to hug him, half hugging them and placing a kiss on top of each head. “ The dinner is almost finished, go take a quick bath.” He instructed and the boys scurried off to Myungsoo bathroom together and, once they were sure they were totally alone, Myungsoo came close and pecked Sungyeol. “Hi, love.”

Sungyeol avoided looking into his boyfriend's eyes because of these little displays of affection, simple pecks, were so simple, so kind and came so naturally that he often caught himself blushing, not that Myungsoo ever pointed that out although Sungyeol was sure the younger noticed.

Hi, how was work today?” The elder asked as he started moving in the kitchen to take bowls and chopsticks, by the smell of Myungsoo food he was almost done the cooking.

I think I'm adapting quickly and, once I feel confident enough, I will ask Hoya hyung to work from home, it will save me some commuting time and it will give me more concentration, Hoya hyung unexpectedly likes to talk a lot.” Myungsoo said with a concerned tone but Sungyeol just chuckled.

That means he warmed up to you, silly. If Hoya hyung had to make a friend on his own he would be quite awkward but he can be a big gossiper, this is why he get's along so well with Sungjong.” He smiled to himself a bit shyly. “He liked you a lot from the beginning.”

Ahnnnn.” Myungsoo finally as he took the pot from the oven and directed himself to the small table in his living room. “How was your day hyung?” He asked once he spotted Sungyeol coming with bowls and chopsticks on his hands.

It was fine, I guess.” He mumbled. “I think the other students are not entirely comfortable with me yet but I'm doing my best, learning or not is on them.”

Are you being difficult?” Myungsoo asked playfully but Sungyeol gasped indignantly.

What are you hinting, mister?”

Nothing.” Myungsoo held a chuckle. “Just wanted to tease you.” He looked at his boyfriend and smiled showing his dimples and Sungyeol could only sigh, those dimples.... he wondered if Myungsoo used them to get away with everything, because as soon as Sungyeol noticed them his stone cold heart started to melt and he fell in love with him.

Myungsoo, can I ask you a question?” He ended up asking awkwardly.

Sure.” Myungsoo replied as he turned things into the pot so it could cool down a bit.

Do you have plans for Saturday?” He asked and Myungsoo thought 'it is coming'. “Aside from taking the kids to the park, that is?”

Actually I have.” Myungsoo said with a tone that seemed distracted. “It was a really short notice but the basketball team are going to have an MT, thankfully is just one day. On Saturday. I'll leave around six and come back late so I won't be able to take the kids to the park.”

Sungyeol opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, he wanted to ask Myungsoo to stay and spend the day with him, even though they wouldn't be able to be alone, he just wanted them to be together on this day. Still, basketball was something serious for Myungsoo, something that he could still make a living out of it so he just gulped a disappointed lump.

Why? Did you want to go somewhere and need me to take care of the kids?” Myungsoo made sure to look at his most innocent face but made sure to use a worried tone too.

No, not at all, I can take care of them.” Sungyeol forced a smile to hide his disappointment.

It's ok hyung, I asked Moonsoo to sleep here so he will come to give you a hand with the kids.” Myungsoo assured before a loud 'Kyaaaa' came from the bathroom.

The conversation ended there, with Myungsoo leaving to check on the kids and Sungyeol pulling out a chair to sit and sigh, he wanted to spend the day with his boyfriend and he blamed himself for not informing Myungsoo about his birthday before. At the same time, he didn't think the younger would be able to escape this MT to spend the day with him so the only thing he could do about it was to sigh, have dinner with his brothers on Saturday and then beg Sungjong and Moonsoo to stay around on Sunday so he and Myungsoo could go out on a date.

Once he made that plan and was working on the details, searching on his phone for a movie to watch and restaurant to take Myungsoo, the said man came back followed by Sunggyu rubbing his and Woohyun having a worried look on his face.

Sunggyu fell.” Myungsoo dutifully informed and of course, that explained everything, little disasters followed Sunggyu everywhere, the poor boy was a bit clumsy. “But he is fine now, right Gyu?”

Later that night Myungsoo couldn't help but feel guilty, it didn't matter how much Sungyeol smiled, there was no denying that his sudden (and totally fake) MT had saddened him. And he lied with such a straight face too... he sighed, years lying to Woohyun gave him that kind of experience still he felt bad. Hopefully, this lie had time set to end, he wouldn't need to pretend that long.

Thursday was one hell of an awkward day, they were supposed to have some sort of adult time alone, but Sungyeol came up with an excuse to work, or just not to even see Myungsoo before he brought the kids from school, he didn't even want to stay around much once the kids ended their homework to play, he simply told Sunggyu he could sleep over and that was it.

The kids found that behavior strange, the two adults nowadays got along well and it was another day that Woohyun was jealous over their relationship so of course, they asked Myungsoo about it once Sungyeol fled his apartment.

Hyung, did you fought with Sungyeol hyung?” Sunggyu asked.

Why?” Woohyun asked somehow conflicted about what to feel.

Come here.” Myungsoo said and pulled them both to sit on the couch then sat on the ground so he could be more or less on their eye level. “We didn't fight but I think Sungyeol hyung is hurt about something I said.”

Sunggyu gasped in shock, how could that happen, they were hooking up, right? That meant dating without actually be dating right? They shouldn't fight or else they wouldn't become a couple. As for Woohyun he just crossed his little arms and somehow glared at his dad, openly scolding him with his eyes.

Sunggyu should know this best but hyung birthday is coming and...” Myungsoo had to halt his explanation because both kids eyes became insanely huge, which was particularly funny given the usual size of Sunggyu eyes.

Daddy, hyung needs a cake and a gift.” Woohyun said in a tone that he thought it was scolding but Myungsoo just found too amusing.

Hyung, can I call Jongie hyung? We need to buy hyung a gift.” Sunggyu was deeply worried, last year Sungyeol had been moody on his birthday.

Myungsoo thought back to this afternoon when he Sungjong, Moonsoo and Hoya went out to buy their gifts, every one of them bought a present but the younger Lee clearly forgot about the maknae Kim. What to do now? Sunggyu would surely be sad if he hadn't the opportunity to give his big brother a gift and Woohyun didn't seem to be liking the idea of Sungyeol not receiving a gift from him either so there was only a solution left.

Don't worry, I bought something so you two can gift him and Jongie and I already ordered the cake.” He said only for the two boys sigh relieved.

What is it?” Sunggyu asked excitedly.

A shirt.”

Is it black?” Woohyun asked but he didn't let his father reply. “Daddy, you can't buy black for everyone, I like red, hyung likes blue and Sungyeol hyung likes....” the younger turned to Sunggyu for some help. “Which color Sungyeol hyung likes the best?”

Pink? I don't really know.” The small-eyed boy replied idly as it dawned on him he didn't know about that, they never talked about that topic.

It's gray ok? It's not black.” Myungsoo explained and Woohyun gave him a doubtful look but he decided to ignore him. “Do you guys can keep a secret? Sungjong, Hoya hyung and I came up with a plan to surprise hyung, do you want to participate?” Myungsoo didn't need to speak a second time to get the kids excited, they actually didn't need to do anything much but they were tricked into believing that their help would be huge.

The plan was simple: Woohyun would have to pretend he was upset about his dad MT on Saturday, Sunggyu would ask Sungyeol help to distract Woohyun with another piano lesson and then they would keep showing off to Sungjong and Moonsoo once they came and would pretend they didn't know it was Sungyeol birthday. If Sungyeol talked about it they would have to greet as if they didn't care too much and then go back to playing right after, if he didn't talk about it, they would pretend they didn't know until it was time for dinner when they were supposed to go out to eat. He explained that all the gifts Sungyeol would be receiving would stay on Moonsoo car and Myungsoo would supposedly borrow it to go to the MT but he would meet them later on the restaurant and would call Moonsoo to help him with them because he would be holding a cake.

After all the explanation the kids were really excited and, not only to help to control them but so the kids could give their touch on the gift too, Myungsoo encouraged them to make drawings and write a message to their eldest hyung, thing that occupied them until their bedtime.

On Friday Myungsoo didn't need to go to college but still he went with Sungyeol to drop the kids at school and then to college, he claimed he would see his professor and renew a book on the library before he headed to Hoya's apartment. During the ride, the kids talked about silly things as they always did and Sungyeol seemed to have his mood improved a bit though it was obviously a part of him was still somehow upset.

So what time will you arrive at your MT again?” He asked after they dropped the kids at school.

Around eleven? I wonder.” Myungsoo pretended to be pensive and his boyfriend became all serious, it was obvious he was sulking and probably cursing the world inside his head. “Why?” He asked in his most innocent tone.

Nothing, just to know, you know? Besides I don't want people accusing me to not to care about you later.” He mumbled awkwardly only for Myungsoo become amused, everybody said Sungyeol didn't connect, had troubles making friends, and that might be true but no one could say Sungyeol wasn't a caring boyfriend in his own way, well he didn't think that way at least.

Myungsoo snorted as if he didn't believe what he just heard. “You just need to do things in your own way but that doesn't mean you don't care and I know that.” He said as he touched Sungyeol knee gently as he parked the car. “And despite the limitations, I hope I'm being a good boyfriend for you too.” He smiled an retreated his hand once Sungyeol turned the engine off to look at him.

You could be a better boyfriend if you didn't have to go to that MT. Sungyeol thought but quickly shrugged that thought off. “But Sunday you're free right?” He tried to ask inconspicuously but Myungsoo just laughed.

We are both never free hyung, we have kids, but if you want to go on a date I can ask my father to come on Sunday, Moonsoo said he will leave early because his friend is celebrating his birthday with a barbecue.” And that was a lie, but Myungsoo couldn't help but throw the word birthday to see how Sungyeol would behave.

I don't think it will be necessary, you'll probably be tired too so yeah we can try next week.” Sungyeol forced a smile but his eyes twitched and Myungsoo knew he had to get out of that car if he didn't want to spill anything and beg for forgiveness before he could actually surprise him.

If you say so hyung.” He smiled back and then pecked Sungyeol really quick. “I have to go now, I want to do everything earlier because I'll have to go to bed as soon as Woohyun today. See you.” With that Myungsoo let he got out of the car and ran towards the library as Sungyeol bumped his hair on his steering wheel a couple of times before he went on about his life.

Sungyeol stayed moody for the rest of the day and with that his patience was kinda thin, mainly when he thought he saw Myungsoo and Chanyeol disappearing together somewhere- and that was inconceivable in his head-, so he ended up scolding a student or two during his classes later that Friday and also give them assignments that they dreaded doing.

When Sungyeol woke up on Saturday Myungsoo was already long gone and Sungjong and Moonsoo were already inside his apartment, feeding two kids.

Why daddy didn't take me?” Woohyun whined.

Woohyun, I already explained you, you know that Myungsoo hyungs go on that kind of MT every now and then.” Moonsoo tried to patiently explain to his nephew as Sungjong and Sunggyu eyed each other, the three of them probably thought the young Nam deserved an acting award, he changed moods so quickly once he saw the birthday boy.

Sungyeol could only sigh foreseeing this would be a really long day and as soon as they finished breakfast he decided to play some piano to distract the kids, unknowingly following their plan.

As for Myungsoo, he left home early in Moonsoo car. He didn't exactly had anywhere certain to go until it was time for his practice so he decided to park somewhere and then take a stroll, maybe, if he was lucky, he would find something interesting to gift his boyfriend with since the gift he originally bought he decided to put the kids names on it.

He walked around a bit until he passed in front of the arcade he once visited with Sungyeol and the kids and then he remembered something.

No, I will try for Suppi.” Sungyeol said in a definitive manner.

Really?” Myungsoo asked bemused while the boys complained.

Of course, Lord only knows when I'll find my favorite character in a plush form again, Suppi is not as popular as Kero and he makes me remember good things.” Sungyeol said as he placed some coins inside the machine and grabbed the gun while the machine beeped signaling for the game to begin.

~~~~~~~~

And we even got you a gift... see the plush toy? Myungsoo gave it to you.” Sonmi explained. “And you liked so much Sungyeol, your face lit up so much and you instantly warmed up to Myungsoo, thing that your mom said it didn't happen often and...”

Myungsoo could help a huge smile on his face: that was it! Sungyeol liked Suppi character, he had a plush toy because Myungsoo himself gave one to him on his birthday and Sungyeol used to associate that with good memories. This had definitely it if he gave Sungyeol a Suppi plush toy every meaning it had for Sungyeol would increase and with time he would associate to new good memories made with him.

He didn't think twice and, as if in a trance, entered the soon opened arcade to try to win Sungyeol that prize. It was kind of boring and a bit weird to play alone, and for such a long time too, but since this time he didn't have the kids to help gather enough paper coins, he decided to play those games he had more ability with to speed things up.

It took some long time to get enough paper coins and Myungsoo had the slight sensation that he spent more on the games than what the plush toy was really worth it, but he made it and left the arcade with the plush toy.

He was sure to leave the plush toy on the car and call to confirm the cake would be ready on the arranged time before he ate and then he strolled a bit more before going to his practice. When he arrived there, there was nobody around yet so he just got a ball and started his practice first, that would surely help him to leave him earlier.

As Myungsoo took a quick bath on the college bathroom and readied himself, Sungyeol was almost having a mental breakdown because the kids were being unusually uncooperative= - even Sunggyu, that traitor, he went back to his bad ways - and he was this close to losing patience, now they were late and probably would lose their reservations.

I swear to god I'll snap someone neck today, what's with them?” He asked frustrated. “They didn't even congratulate me and even slaved me around the afternoon playing the piano.”

Congratulate you? For what?” Moonsoo asked with big curious eyes.

You didn't tell him?” Sungyeol asked and Moonsoo just blinked as Sungjong rolled his eyes.

It's his birthday today. There, I told him.” Sungjong said monotonously.

Congratulations hyung, ehr, I didn't know.” Moonsoo smiled sheepishly.

Thank you.” Sungyeol tried to be thankful but he was still sulking. “Kiiiiiiiiids, hurry up, we are going to miss our reservations.” He added impatiently.

Hyung, if you don't tell people about your birthday you can't expect them to guess when it is, why you're upset, hum? You're being worse than last year.” The teenager complained and Sungyeol just let his body sink on the couch and sighed heavily while the younger couple shared a look and Sungjong opened a devilish smile. “Does this have anything thing to do with Myungsoo hyung?”

Now Sungyeol whined and crossed his arms. “Stupid MT.”

I was right kekeke.” Sungjong couldn't help but laugh and even Moonsoo chuckled. “Hyung, if you're just hooking up he not necessarily needs to congratulate you.” The teenager added in low volume but Sungyeol turned to his brother and glared.

I agree with you, if it is just hooking up he doesn't have that obligation right?” The elder said though he still seemed sulking, and Sungjong didn't understand why so Sungyeol furthered his explanation. “I know he didn't know but he could have asked, and I tried to invite him to have dinner with us but he had that stupid MT, but what it really doesn't help him in this is that he is actually my boyfriend.” Both teenagers gasped in shock, how come they didn't know about that already? “ Did it cost him to send a message? Any kind of message? A message that said 'hey, I'm alive, is Woohyun behaving?' at least? But noooooooo.” Sungyeol kept complaining.

What the hell? Hyung why didn't you tell me that?” Sungjong complained in a hiss.

When did that happen?” Moonsoo added more calmly but equally taken aback and Sungyeol flushed hard, but thankfully he was saved by the boys going out of Sunggyu room to announce they were ready and so the chance of the young couple to discover anything ended just like that.

The ride to the restaurant seemed long, not because the restaurant was far but because Moonsoo seemed to be driving at an unbelievable low speed and that only didn't upset Sungyeol even more because the kids seemed to have started an argument about fishes being dry or wet once they were inside the water and that was leaving him rather amused. He might have been or might not have been filming the whole exchange it.

Woohyunnie, the fish is not wet under the water because it isn't surrounded by air!” Sunggyu argued from his side by the door.

NOOOOOO~~~hyung, noooo~~~~” The second boy wriggled his whole body in frustration. “How can the fish not be wet when he is UNDER the water?” He then turned around to his other side to talk to Sungyeol. “Hyung you tell him!”

Ok, ok.” Sungyeol decided to fuel them more, just because this was too amusing, while Moonsoo parked his car. “Let's take a look at this from another side. If I take a cup of water and throw all its contents on, let's say, a pool, does the pool becomes wet?”

No” Sunggyu replied but Woohyun only snorted.

So if I have a jellyfish, that has 95% of their body made of water and put on the sea, wouldn't I be adding water to the water? It would never be wet, right? At the same time, my body is made by, let's say...”He briefly took a look at his body. “at least 55% of water, wouldn't that make me permanently wet even if I'm surrounded by air?” Sungyeol took advantage the kid's science knowledge was limited to throw them off.

WHAT?” Woohyun gasped in shock.

That's absurd!!!!” Sunggyu also disagreed. "I'm dry!"

And we arrived.” Moonsoo briefly informed and every adult took their seatbelts off and opened the doors.

I think you both should consider this situation in your debate.” Sungyeol just chuckled to himself once he was out and the two boys also unbuckled their seat belts only to try to get out the car.

They started to move towards the restaurant entrance with the two kids now united to take Sungyeol argument down which utterly amused him even further because they were taking that rather seriously and while they wouldn't probably reach an agreement, they at least were polishing their debate skills.

Sungyeol was so distracted with the kids that he didn't pay any attention to what was around him, but as soon as they passed the door the lights went off and the debate was ended with two yelps from the kids.

It's ok kids, Sungjong, Moonsoo and I are here so just get close and... Kids? Kids?” He asked frantically, trying to reach for them in the dark but not being able to touch them and he was a millimeter away from getting really worried when the lights went on again and he saw a bunch of people he knew.

Happy birthday to you...” They started singing and he saw Hoya's entire family with Dongwoo on their side as well. “Happy birthday to you...” He then saw his college friends Dara and Chanyeol throwing some confetti his way and was those Myungsoo's parents? “Happy birthday dear Sungyeol~~” Moonsoo, Sungjong and the two jumping kids drawled.

By then he already had his eyes producing big tears that he was fighting to keep them in place. When he had big parties nobody came or they came because they were friends with his mother, but this time people actually came to see him on his birthday out of their own free will and that thought left his chest warm alone. There was only one thing that could make this feels even better...

Suddenly Sungyeol felt movement beside him so he turned to look at it just to see Myungsoo with a dimpled smile on and a cake with candles on it as he joined the song. “Happy birthday to you.”

, that was too much.