Breakdowns, Doctors and Shocks

Tangled
 
 

There was a moment of silence because not only Jihyun Myungsoo and Woohyun dad were silent in the audio but The Kim's became anxious to hear what the Woohyun dad would say. Myungsoo wanted to stop the video right there because he was the one that heard what would follow first hand and knew what was about to come – besides, going through that conversation again would break his heart a second time not only because of Jihyun, his precious friend, but for Woohyun, now the most important being in his life – but his family wanted to hear what happened so he could only rub his hands in his face and try to prepare for everything.

Huh?” The other boy came out a little surprised after a few seconds. “I think you called the wrong number.” The boy concluded and was about to hang up when Jihyun tried again.

No, I didn't call the wrong number, I...” She inhaled deeply and quickly. “Taegun oppa, it's me, Nam Jihyun, don't you recognize my voice? We...” As soon as she heard that the boy hissed.

What the NAM JIHYUN! You stalker, stop calling me!”

Oppa, stop avoiding me... we need to talk, please!” She begged.

I don't wanna talk to you, you mother er! Stop pestering me, I'm not gonna date you, stop trying!”

But you told me you loved me....” She seemed disappointed and sad.

And you thought I was being serious?” The boy cracked up... for a long while and the people listening could only hear Jihyun holding her sobs because Myungsoo knew he held himself before saying 'I told you'. “How can I love a like you?”

What?” Bumsoo gasped but couldn't really put a sentence in an order and voice out because the conversation continued on the audio.

I'm-I'm not a .” Jihyun stuttered, probably out of betrayal, but her broken voice didn't seem to make any good to stand her ground.

What?” They heard low a shocked gasp from Myungsoo in the audio.

Of course you are.” The boy continued with every intention to hurt her, they could feel by the way his voice came out. “You spread your legs around, you're a !”

No, I've never.” He sounded like she was begging for him to believe. “You had my first time and... and... I'm pregnant with your child now.” She said the last sentence in one go, repeating her first statement so they could focus on that.

The guy hysterically a second time. “HAHAHAHAHAHA! Do you think I'll believe that?”

Oppa, please! This is not a laughing matter, I'm pregnant, I don't know what to do.” She sobbed in desperation.

That's a laughing matter.” Taegun replied evilly. "I'm not the one pregnant and I have nothing to do with that...”

IT'S YOUR BABY!” She yelled. “We had and made the baby together, you have to take responsibility too!” The guy quickly shut up and they could hear Myungsoo whispering that she was doing well standing her ground.

You offered me once because my girl wasn't in town and you expect me to chain me to you with such lies?? For god sake, just accept you were just a plaything and get over it!” Taegun hissed angrily.

A girl?” Her voice sounded broken with the discovery. “You know things didn't happen like that, and I don't...” She was about to argue but then the focus was the baby so she just had to redirect the guy to the baby topic again. “Taegun oppa! I'm being serious! We are having a baby!” She whined.

Not we, you! You are going to have a baby, if that what you saying is true.” The guy then added maliciously. “It's probably Myungsoo's after all everybody knows you're his buddy.”

What?” Myungsoo again sounded distant but shocked in the audio.

What?” She also gasped horrified. “This is an absurd, Myungsoo oppa and I had never... it's... it's yours...” She stuttered and hiccuped, not able to do anything else aside to try to repeat the truth.

And who will believe that?” The boy interrupted her to ask in a daring tone. “We barely cross paths at school, no one knows we had and as far as everyone knows, we just exchanged two sentences at most, and you spend all your time with your watchdog, so clearly it could've only been his, HAHHAHAHAHAHA, ISN'T THAT FUNNY?!” He enunciated every word of the question to purposely hurt her more before he hissed. “I get that you tired of Myungsoo, he is getting popular with his basketball skills and might dump you for a hotter chick and you probably want to dump his first, but you'll not destroy my life, you'll not tie me up with you because of a stupid kid that isn't even mine. I couldn't care more about you or this stupid baby and I won't take any responsibility in any one place, you could die for all I care.”

Now wait a minute here.” Myungsoo was heard, still faintly, and there was a weird sound heard as if the phone had been yanked from Jihyun, but he hadn't a chance to defend his hiccuping friend because the next second they were already hearing the guy last sentence.

If you know what's good for you, stop looking for me or I'll report you for stalking,” Taegun hissed before hanging up.

You son of a... I can't believe he hangs up!” Myungsoo said before Jihyun started to let it all of her sadness and frustration in the form of loud cries. “No, no, no, Ji, don't cry for that idiot!” He begged and the audio ended right there.

Myungsoo back then had been somehow stunned, having a child was one of his dreams (one he thought it was impossible) so at first it was absurd in his head that a person would not take responsibility for a child they made it, but apparently, people like that existed. After a moment, the absurdity he thought it existed was thrown into the garbage bin when he remembered that Jihyun mother took responsibility and still she often made his best friend unhappy. He remembered that that state had completely disappeared when Jihyun hugged him right after that phone call, and his brain started to think about everything she would face and all the countermeasures they could come up to make the situation easier.

All his thoughts back then were about Jihyun and the baby (they thought it was gonna be only one) well being and that's why he thought he forgot to release his full anger until he saw the guy face to face a month later and maybe because he got to land a well-aimed punch in the bastard face that made him feel avenged. All of his reactions seemed no match for the reaction his family had when they finished hearing the audio though.

Moonsoo had been hyper when he was a kid but calmed down as he grew up and his personality grew to match his brother a bit, he usually had a soft heart and forgave things after a day or two, but Myungsoo had never seen his brother with so much anger, gritting his teeth and pulling his hands into tight fists.

As for his parents, Sonmi broke into tears right after the audio ended and Myungsoo could count on his fingers the times his mother had been this sad: 1 - when his grandparents died, 2 - when Jihyun died, and 3 - last year when a friend died and she couldn't attend the funeral (had that been Sungyeol mother?).

He would have hugged his mother and comforted her to the best of his abilities if he hadn't had to get up to contain his enraged dad that had started to throw all the snacks and wine, that had been sitting innocently on the kitchen table, on the ground.

Myungsoo knew how much he and Moonsoo were loved but it was no secret his father had wanted a girl too, but that dream was kinda ruined due to complications in Moonsoo pregnancy. When they met Jihyun Bumsoo kinda of fell in love with her, he always treated her like a daughter and at some point, he kept rooting for Myungsoo to marry her so she could officially enter the family. It hurt when he realized/was told the truth about Jihyun and Myungsoo marriage, but, despite that, his love for her was pretty much like his love for Woohyun and his sons, it couldn't be shaken, so when he heard the things the boy said (Moonsoo had turned the volume up), all he wanted to do was to destroy things.

He alone wasn't able to make his father stop so Moonsoo had to intervene to help and it took a lot of time and struggle until Bumsoo anger was exchanged for tears of frustration. They couldn't watch or listen to anything that night anymore, they also couldn't sleep and time seemed to stop and trap them with those feelings for longer than what it seemed.

It was about 4 AM when they started to give each other indications that they should talk, about something, anything, so the heaviness of the situation wouldn't swallow them all.

What now?” Moonsoo asked, trying to seem calmer but by the hand gripping the couch armrest strongly gave away that he wasn't.

I don't think it's a good idea to let Namu watch this, it will break his heart.” Sonmi said, lifting up her head from her maknae shoulder and by the silence it seemed that everyone agreed with her.

I told you all that that never wanted Woohyun.” Myungsoo said still showing his anger, this time he couldn't help himself. “You all heard how badly Jihyun was treated and he even confessed that he used her. With this audio, it's proven that he knew about Woohyun and he didn't want him, now can we let go of that idea of finding that ?”

Yes, that proves something.” Bumsoo agreed. “But not everything.” Myungsoo promptly ran his hands through his hair in frustration. “Look, son, I recognize that you pulled a smart move and that audio helps a lot, but what if the guy regretted that at some point?”

Seven years passed, six of those I lived at the same place if he or Jihyun mom regretted something they could have found me, but they haven't. Jihyun mom moved to Seoul and that was off to college before Jihyun gave birth. I had never seen him around Incheon anymore, even during breaks.” Myungsoo argued.

I know...” Bumsoo agreed. “ ... look, I don't like this situation any better than you, but wouldn't be better, reassuring even, to have a signed paper with them abdicating their rights over Woohyun?”

Moonsoo squinted his eyes at his father in some disbelief. “You still want to go through with this idea? How come you're saying this when a few hours ago you wanted to kill the guy?” He asked and Myungsoo raised a brow that clearly asked his father to explain things. “If you go talk to him then we will have to take you out of jail.”

That's why Myungsoo should go as soon as he gets the guy address.” Bumsoo retorted.

You know I might land a punch on him, again, right?” The young dad asked, almost glaring at his father.

Then if he already knows you land punches you have nothing to worry about. Come on please, go talk to him, your mother and I can handle Woohyun grandma.” Bumsoo bargained.

But Jihyun said in the video to not look for her mother. I understand her because her mom was so... ugh, I don't even know how to describe her...”

Myungsoo sighed. 'She always sat near her window and watched us play longingly, wanting to play too but her mom always kept her locked....”

And I had to beg every time for the woman to let Ji out...” Sonmi said with some anger but then said a bit worried. “I wish to honor Ji wishes but I think it would be the best to have her abdicating of her rights too, just to give us some security. So what are we going to do?” She ended up asking a bit confusedly.

In the video she addressed the kids. That particular video she told them to not look for her mother because she didn't want her kids to go through what she did, but that doesn't mean the rest of us can't.” Bumsoo reasoned.

And Woohyun doesn't need to know we are taking these measures.” Moonsoo said, siding with his parents then looked at his brother. “If I were you I'd try the guy because you know you can't land a punch on an old woman and I know how much you two despise each other.” The younger Kim suggested only for Myungsoo roll his eyes at him before speaking.

Let's say we do that, having them signing a paper saying they know about Woohyun but willingly give up their rights on him, what will I do when I tell the truth to Woohyun and he says he wants to meet them, what will I do?” Myungsoo asked trying to contain some sass.

Why would Woohyun want to meet those two when he has us?” Sonmi asked.

Mom, he already asked me about her twice, he is curious like that, he definitely will want to meet them.” He said matter of factually and when the three other Kim's stayed in silence. “No answer? That's what I thought.” Myungsoo crossed his arms over his chest, in another moment he might have seemed smug but he just sounded tired right now, which his father noticed quickly.

You know what, we won't be able to reach a conclusion right now, we are too tired for it. Why don't we just sleep on it for some time? I think we need to calm down and evaluate things better.” Bumsoo suggested.

And how long that will be?” Sonmi asked. “We need to prepare well for anything that might happen.”

Of course, but I'm not exactly having the most peaceful time of my life right now, there is Woohyun, there is work, there are college and my graduation project and basketball...” Myungsoo listed counting on his fingers. “I have a bunch things to do and...”

You can't delay this forever hyung.” Moonsoo interrupted.

I just don't want to do the things I have to do fearing our parents might approach those two without me knowing, Moonsoo. I need at least until after the exams to sort of my life a bit more before focusing exclusively on that because if we have to do that I want to be there. Besides you have to take into consideration I didn't get the guy address yet.”

Ok ok, I swear on our dear Namu name that we won't approach his grandma without you.” Bumsoo agreed and Sonmi raised one of her hands in the air and nodded too. “But maybe it is better if you told us all the information you so we could locate him through a detective.”

Fine, fine.” Myungsoo ran his hands over his face tiredly.

Ok, wait a minute, I'm gonna write this down.” Bumsoo said confidently and in the next seconds, he was running for his room to grab pen and paper, which left his wife kinda worried.

Myungsoo, I'm sorry we are pushing you to do this and meet with people you don't want to but you have to go talk to this guy at least. After a breakdown that left my kitchen basically a mess I won't let your father go see him, he might create problems instead of finding a solution and your father is the one that understands law related things here, if he is jail then who will guide us during this?”

Myungsoo sighed tiredly. “I understand.”

Got it, got it!” His father came running back. “You can talk now.”

I'm gonna make some coffee, you guys need to stay awake to be able to go back to Seoul.” Sonmi promptly excused herself and directed herself carefully towards the kitchen, she was in no mood to clean anything so the kitchen was still a big mess.

Come on Myungsoo.” His father insisted, already impatient (and with a mad glint in his eyes too) and in a position that he could write so, Myungsoo could only nod to his mother before spilling what he knew.

His name is Jung Taegum, he is three years older, he went to Hanan for to college and the last I knew he had moved to Busan for work. I don't know many people from his class, the only friend we had in common stopped talking to both of us because he got a scholarship in Ohio, EUA and we all basically just moved on with our lives.”

Jung Taegun, isn't? I'll find him and he will be under my watch and if he tries anything …” Bumsoo mumbled wickedly to himself and Myungsoo was kinda weirded out by his father antics when Moonsoo leaned over the couch and touched his knee to get his attention.

Hyung, I have to give Woohyun something.” He kindly remembered.

He can't watch those videos Moonsoo, this isn't a content I can throw at him randomly, he has to be prepared to watch.” Myungsoo argued.

I know but I just had an idea, what if he only hears Jihyun noona? Wouldn't he like to hear his mom calling his name?” The younger Kim Suggested.

Still, the content...” Myungsoo hesitated.

If you buy me some time I can watch the entire DVD, separate audio from the video and then cut it so he can listen to her saying a few words. We just need to filter and take things out of context, that way he get's something.”

Do you think it can work?” The young dad bit his lips.

Yeah, of course it can, we can say what I found was really damaged and if we have to show this DVD to him later we can say mom found inside of an old DVD movie case in the attic, or the basement, between old stuff, Woohyun can mess with without sneezing his nose out.”

Myungsoo rested his elbow on his knee and his chin on his hand. “But that's kinda cheating him.” He said with a bit of pity for his son as he looked down.

It's necessary and it will buy you lots of time to discuss this with him.” Moonsoo said firmly. “Besides, at this point what is this lie compared to his origins?”

Myungsoo just sighed as Moonsoo came closer to his brother and patted his shoulders. The younger tried to comfort his elder brother while his father plotted some evil and his mother finishes coffee, one that Myungsoo didn't accept but Moonsoo did and regretted. The younger had almost puked out - although worked wonders to make him awake enough to drive back to Seoul – while Myungsoo informed everyone about his son performance and it didn't take long for the two boys bid their goodbyes.

He arrived home around 6 AM, looking like a bus ran over him. He was emotionally too tired to even express his feelings in his face and honestly he just wanted to sleep and forget that night ever happened. But, when he opened his room door, he met with a scene he didn't expect: Sungyeol was sleeping in his bed, seemingly holding the two kids against his body and the two boys held each other's hands with intertwined fingers over Sungyeol thorax while a Harry Potter book rested on the elder abdomen.

Myungsoo wanted to cry again though for completely different reasons. Not only the scene was cute per se due to their positions, but seeing Woohyun accepting Sungyeol enough to sleep comfortably surrounded by the elder long arms warmed his heart, and it also showed how far Sungyeol has opened up this year, not only to Sunggyu - that was sleeping latching on Sungyeol right side with a leg thrown over his brother body – but to Woohyun as well and not only because they had feelings for each other, but because he started to genuinely liking the boy. He knew Sungyeol already told him that but seeing them like this made Myungsoo heart melt in ways he never knew it would be possible.

He wiped a tear before it could fall and then walked as silently as he could and laid beside his son only to make the boy kind of wake up.

Daddy?” The boy asked in a cracked sleepy voice and he tried to open his eyes and turn to try to see something in the dark, but sleep was preventing him from doing so.

Shhhh, I'm here.” Myungsoo whispered in his son's ear and placed an arm around his waist to hug him despite having Sungyeol arm trapped between them. The boy patted away with his free hand only to entwine his fingers with his father's once he found them and then moved a bit to get comfortable enough to sleep again.

Myungsoo found that endearing because who else was able to sleep in a man embrace while at the same time entwining fingers with two other people and still feel all kinds of comfortable? He was in the middle of these thoughts when he felt some fingers grazing the inside of his arm, and since the current situation of his son didn't allow him to do this, the only one who could be Sungyeol so he tried to look at him in the dark.

Shhh.” Sungyeol whispered once he heard and felt Myungsoo moving on the bed. “How did it go?” Myungsoo stayed in silence for a couple seconds, pondering if he should reply to Sungyeol. He wanted to share things with his boyfriend but it wasn't the best to do that with Woohyun squeezed between them, who knew if the boy would wake up and hear.

Fortunately for him Sungyeol understood his predicament and just squeezed his arm to to assure he got it and pressed his finger on the younger arms to tell him to just come closer, so Myungsoo adjusted his position to place his chin a bit above Woohyun head, where Sungyeol could just turn enough to kiss him good night.

Myungsoo slept better than he thought he would and he didn't know if it was because he knew his son was sleeping safely in his arms of if it was because Sungyeol slept within an arms reach. Despite sleeping better than he thought, he didn't think he had slept enough to wash all emotional and physical tiredness away, but he couldn't really think about that when Woohyun jumped, literally, on his stomach.

Daddy!” The boy called cheerfully in the air.

Oooof!” Myungsoo complained, Woohyun was getting heavier these days and if he had landed 5 cm below him, and Sungyeol, would lose a very precious part of his body.

Oh gosh! Woohyun!” Sungyeol hissed in an exasperated tone as he tried to drag the boy from Myungsoo. “Your father is tired, let him rest.”

But it is lunchtime already!” Woohyun argued, sort of fighting Sungyeol adult hands and kinda pressing his body against his father's tummy even more.

Yes, but he can eat later.” Sungyeol tried again in a hushed tone.

Wouldn't hyung be upset we ate kimchi jiggae without him?” Now it was Sunggyu voice coming near his ears and Myungsoo could tell the boy was probably trying to inspect his face.

No, Sunggyu, you're gonna wake him!” Sungyeol hissed at his brother as he tried to get Woohyun to move again but the boy used his legs this time while pressing his elbow near Myungsoo diaphragm.

I'm already up.” Myungsoo decided to say as he tried to push Woohyun elbow, and any other pointy part of his son body, away from him but still hold him in place.

See!” Woohyun chortled then turned to his father without ceremonies and asked. “Did uncle Moonsoo sent mom's DVD through you?” Myungsoo stayed silent for two seconds and that was enough for Sungyeol cross his arms, Sunggyu sits near his feet and Woohyun to grab his cheeks and force him to look into his eyes. “Did he?”

Would you believe if I said he didn't?” Myungsoo asked taking Woohyun hands from his cheeks and looking seriously at his son.

Daddy, are you lying to me?” Woohyun squinted his eyes and asked carefully, almost threatening, almost like Jihyun sometimes.

Of course not. I didn't bring back any DVD, but hey, grandma, grandpa and uncle Moonsoo will come to watch you perform.” He offered, hoping to get his son distracted.

YAY!” Woohyun beamed before he remembered the main issue at hand, he wouldn't let his father distract him. “But he promised me!” The boy complained displeased and Sungyeol just raised a brow at him, clearly wondering how his lover would get out of this one, as Sunggyu furrowed his brows.

I know.” Myungsoo agreed and then pushed his son slightly back so he could balance his weight on his elbow and look properly at his son. “He said he found it, but the major part of the files were kind of damaged so he asked a friend to try to recover. them”

Oh, ok.” Woohyun said letting go but clearly disappointed. “When he will bring it for me?”

I don't know... and exams are coming soon, I think you'll have to wait for when his friend has the time to help.” Myungsoo explained and Woohyun pouted, but there wasn't much he could do about that aside throwing a tantrum, but he wasn't much keen on throwing tantrums when he and his father had a relationship that allowed the young boy to understand things.

Then you're getting busy again!” The boy complained.

And Myungsoo chuckled and pulled him closer. “You're complaining about me when you have exams too? I bet you'll be the one that will be so busy you can't play with me this time around.” He teased and tried to half- tickle his son but Woohyun evaded him just in time, giggling away.

Don't worry daddy, I'll include you in my agenda.” The boy said with a bit of sass, kind of surprising his father and Sungyeol with such a remark, before slightly pushing Sunggyu out of the bed. “Let's eat, the last there's a monkey uncle.”

I'm not a monkey uncle.” Sunggyu complained revolted as Woohyun ran away giggling. “YAH! I'm not a monkey uncle!” He repeated and ran after his friend, leaving the two adults alone and they both watched the boys disappear before Sungyeol sat at the edge of the bed, crossed his legs elegantly and just gave pointed look at his boyfriend.

What?” Myungsoo asked as he sat on the bed and Sungyeol just crossed his arms now. “What?” He repeated.

You are not lying to Woohyun, right?” He asked slowly so make sure Myungsoo would think twice about his answer.

No, we found the DVD, but the files are kinda damaged so we will save what we can and give to him later.” Myungsoo assured, and it wasn't necessarily a lie he just didn't need Sungyeol on his neck.

Sungyeol let out a breath of relief but then he noticed Myungsoo face was different from yesterday, he was still handsome but he looked, swollen? “Is there anything more? Now that I'm taking a good look at you I'm seeing that your face is a little bloated, you cried yesterday.” He pointed and Myungsoo hesitantly nodded.

Hearing of the voice of my best friend after such long time made me kind of remember some things and...” He sighed. “...some weren't good... at all.” Sungyeol leaned to his front and massaged Myungsoo's calves for comfort. “Yesterday we had a collective breakdown and...” He rubbed his forehead. “...and we tried to decide how to solve Woohyun's problem.”

I know you have been trying to talk to him to prepare him but was there any idea on how to continue that or...?” Sungyeol hesitantly asked, leaving things in the air because he didn't want to seem like he was adding pressure.

Not really.” Myungsoo sighed and put his feet on the ground, signaling that this conversation was about to end. “We need to search everyone involved in case of eventualities. They have the address of one, but there is another pending. So we decided to let my parents handle that and once the exams are over...”

Oh.” Sungyeol leaned back and looked up to his boyfriend in a surprising way. “I didn't think it would happen that soon.”

It was a comfort to know that Sungyeol could hang with this secret for longer but Myungsoo thought it wasn't to him, for himself and to Woohyun. He was already burdened enough and even if he would have problems with his son he knew he was on his limit.

He ended up forcing a tight-lipped smile while trying to pat his hair down. “Knowing Woohyun I don't think it will happen that soon, but I'll start to be more proactive.” He said then threw a pick out of his room to try to see what the boys were doing, they were silent and sometimes two kids their age in silence wasn't a good thing. “Aren't they too silent?” He asked suspiciously.

Sungyeol sighed but nodded. “I guess duty calls.” He raised himself from the bed and followed his boyfriend out of the room, promptly offering another topic of conversation. “My auntie called me yesterday, she told me she can see Sunggyu and Woohyun on Tuesday next week. I know it's kinda pushy but will you....” Sungyeol halted his words out of surprise when they entered the kitchen because of the following scene:

The kids were big enough to fumble with the oven (even though they weren't allowed to) but to take a big heavy pan from the stove they needed to be in the right position. That being said, there was a chair in front of the oven where Woohyun was standing, holding the pan and trying to incline enough for the food to fall in the bowl Sunggyu was holding with his good hand. The thing was.... there was some food spilled on the floor.

Boys?!” Myungsoo called and approached they both, putting the bowl Sunggyu had been holding on the counter and helping his son to place the hot pan back on the stove. “What do you think you were doing?” He scolded.

My food.” Sungyeol mumbled disheartened as he looked at the ground.

It's his fault!” Both boys said together pointing to one another. “You didn't hold the bowl right.” Woohyun added looking at his friend. “I have a cast Woohyunnie.” Sunggyu was flabbergasted with such accusation. “And you learned the pan too much.” He made his own.

Enough, go to the living room and wait there.” He ordered and the kids pouted but did what he told. “Gosh, what a mess.” He mumbled once the kids left and he looked at his kitchen floor, then grabbed a kitchen cloth and went down to his knees trying to clean it (or at least lessen it).

Now, Sungyeol didn't mean to look but Myungsoo had a nicely shaped that he liked to grab sometimes - even if he wasn't allowed to play there - and that nicely shaped was dressed in perfect shaping jeans because Myungsoo hadn't changed before sleeping and when he got to that position...

Hyung!” Myungsoo called, snapping Sungyeol from his bad timed thoughts. “Can you help me here?”

'Y-ye-yeah.” Sungyeol stuttered and averted nervously his eyes to the stove and tried to jump the mess in the ground to check if there was enough food there.

Myungsoo promptly went back to cleaning while faking normality, but he knew what just happened, he knew Sungyeol had been staring at a particular part of his body. He felt looks on his body from people before but usually girls looked at his upper body and since he was deeply concentrated on his son before he wasn't aware if any man had looked at in such obvious way, but hey, that mean Sungyeol desired him (of course he knew that already) but in way that they hadn't tried before. That awareness made him blush faintly, but also made his mood improve drastically and hold a smirk.

_________________________________________________

After some pushing Myungsoo ended up accepting to take Woohyun for a checkup with Sungyeol auntie despite knowing that he might have some trouble. The boy usually didn't trust doctors much and he hated the stethoscope with a passion – just thinking about that cold thing touching his chest skin made him shudder – but he became more comfortable once Kibum dad started taking care of him. The thing was that Woohyun friend, and obviously his parents, moved out of the country and that meant it was over a year Woohyun didn't visit a doctor, it was more than due time.

The next week Myungsoo organized himself. Sped up on work to be able to skip a day to take Woohyun to the doctor, and he finished a significant part of his project (you could say he was halfway from finishing it) and prepared Woohyun mentally so the boy could brace himself for the doctor visit and that actually made him earn two doors on his face, aside every tactic his son knew to try to dissuade him. And that didn't happen, Myungsoo was able to stand his ground.

A week later and Tuesday arrived - Sungyeol usually didn't go to university on that day, but he was going every day the past week and that's the only reason the two adults were able to speed their things – so, like they had agreed beforehand, Myungsoo would take the kids to school then drop Sungyeol on college before he drove to Incheon to get some family photos he might need, then he would come back to pick Sungyeol up and then pick the kids and finally take them to the doctor.

It was the third week of September and exams were around the corner - though the young dad was ahead with his group project and wouldn't have any problems during one of the busiest weeks of the semester – so Myungsoo expected Sungyeol to be studying when he wasn't looking but he definitely wasn't expecting Sungyeol arrive at the parking lot on that Tuesday with a pile of papers so big that he could barely be seen.

Open the trunk.” Sungyeol ordered as he lightly kicked the driver's door to take Myungsoo out of his stupor. He then moved to the back and Myungsoo saw Chanyeol pass by his side and follow Sungyeol with an equally big pile of paper. He was briefly confused until Sungyeol entered the car and sat in the passenger seat.

Call me when you finish your part of the paper, ok?” Chanyeol said.

Have I ever delayed anything? Sheesh.” Sungyeol complained, apparently that somehow offended him. “Thanks for the help, see you tomorrow, bye.” The younger Yeol nodded and waved his goodbyes at them before he ran back to their building and Myungsoo started the engine.

What was all of that?” Myungsoo asked.

That's what I wanted to question. The trunk was full of albums.” Sungyeol pointed behind himself.

I'll need for my project.” Myungsoo briefly explained and repeated his previous question. “What were all those papers?”

That's my homework.” Sungyeol shrugged.

All of that? But you're like a week away from exams.” Myungsoo argued incredulously.

Yeah... I still have to deal with that.” Sungyeol sighed in resignation. “After we take the kids to the doctor I'm gonna need to work those two piles of paper down so can you please watch over them?” He begged.

Sure.” Myungsoo readily agreed and Sungyeol just went about to turn on the radio and find the station he liked when Myungsoo called him hesitantly. “Hyung...”

Hmm?” Sungyeol leaned back in his seat and eyed his boyfriend attentively but Myungsoo stayed silent as he drove away, apparently afraid to speak what he had in mind. “What?” Sungyeol asked with a gummy smile, trying to relax his boyfriend enough so he could say what was on his mind. “We know each other deepest secrets already, you can talk about anything...”

It's just...” Myungsoo hesitated as he a corner and chanced a glance at his boyfriend before he decided that keeping his eyes on the road would reduce his embarrassment. “Hum, after the midterms week...” Sungyeol hummed, prompting Myungsoo to continue. “... and before I focus on Woohyun problem...” Sungyeol hummed again and Myungsoo seemed to get more nervous. “Can-can we try?”

Try? Try what?” Sungyeol blinked.

Hyuuung~” Myungsoo made his eyes big and slightly moved his chin and nodded his head, apparently trying to convey some message Sungyeol wasn't sure he was getting.

Ooooh.” Sungyeol opened a smile. “You're talking about .” He said with a tone that practically said he was proud of himself for getting this one, even more, when he saw Myungsoo cheeks reddening and found amusing, though he chose not to comment on that. “What do you want to try?”

Don't make me say it.” The younger pleaded.

When we started this...” Sungyeol pointed to them before resting his hand on Myungsoo knee. “... you knew most things already and we even went all the way already, so just relax, you can openly talk to me about it.”

I could never be open about anything about my uality so I feel a little awkward to talk about it.”

Hummmm, we have to change that.” Sungyeol nodded to himself. “I'm your partner it would be better if talked to me openly.” Sungyeol added before he leaned back a bit and squinted his eyes at his lover. “How did you even managed to learn the things you knew if you don't talk about it.”

There was this MT...” Myungsoo started and Sungyeol playfully jabbed at him.

So MT's are your excuse for everything...” Sungyeol held on a laugh.

Shut up!” Myungsoo tried to slap his boyfriend which made the old giggle.

Ok, go on.”

Actually it wasn't an MT, it was like a camp for young players all over Korea.” Myungsoo restarted warily. “It was my last year of high school, Woohyun was already three and it was the first time we separated for long – though the camp was like a week only – anyway, I was quite worried because Woohyun had cried a lot and I was texting my parents when the guy approached me.”

Hum...”

He asked me if I was texting a jealous girlfriend and I said no he then asked if it was a jealous boyfriend and I held a laugh but said no and I chose not to talk about Woohyun.” Myungsoo tried another look at Sungyeol, but the elder had no expression his face. “We kept talking for four to five days and he was very subtle and careful while trying to discover if I would be up for hooking up with him and, at some point, he asked me if I want to take a stroll after people went to sleep.”

I'll assume you accepted...” Sungyeol tried not to sound bitter, but deep down he knew he felt a little jealous, still, he held himself because he had no control over the younger life.

I did, I was curious and I knew I wouldn't have many opportunities so we sneaked out at night, and found a place... private enough.” He hesitated with the last words and Sungyeol couldn't help but assume things.

In the open?” He ended up asking surprised/amused despite a little jealous.

No, actually, it doesn't matter because, despite picking up some things, I think we were a bit incompatible. I didn't know what to do and I think the guys expected me to take the lead so we just... ” He stopped his narrative a little embarrassed. “We just made out and had some hands working. I kissed two or three people after but that was it.”

Okay.” Sungyeol said and looked out of the window, he recognized the place, they were getting close to the boy's school.

Hyung,” Myungsoo called red in the face as he kept driving. “What-what about you?” He stuttered curiously.

Let's not talk about that.”

Now that isn't fair.” Myungsoo complained only for Sungyeol to laugh.

But you already know.”

I don't.”

Ok, you're asking for it.” Sungyeol warned. “You're number thirteen.”

What?” Myungsoo gasped and looked at his boyfriend briefly but shocked.

Hey, don't make that face, it isn't what you're thinking.” Sungyeol said and Myungsoo looked at him again clearly asking for an explanation. “That's the number of tries I gave at relationships but I got easily bored with most of them, freaked out before with a good amount of them too... so most of these people lasted in my life for two months at most so I don't even know if it counts.”

You gave me a scare.” Myungsoo placed one of his hands on his chest if Sungyeol had laid with twelve people before him... Sungyeol should have some expectations about his performance right? Was the elder being sincere with all the giggling they did after they had ? Not to mention that he didn't know about the health of the others that had been with Sungyeol.

Sungyeol tapped the younger knee to get his attention. “Relax, you don't have to worry. You were the third I laid with, I use condoms all the time and I did HIV tests after I broke up with my ex, I'm clean.” He assured. “Let's not talk about my life anymore, I don't want to make you uncomfortable or feel insecure about your performance.” Myungsoo stopped at a red light and Sungyeol took the opportunity to cup the younger chin and kiss him. “You didn't disappoint me, that's for sure.” Sungyeol said and kissed him again.

A honk came from behind so they parted for Myungsoo to resume driving, while Sungyeol opened the window and showed his middle finger to the driver behind them just to get a honk of complaint back. They stood the rest of the way in silence until Myungsoo parked in front of the kid's school and it wasn't until they crossed the street and were about to reach the school that Myungsoo grabbed Sungyeol arm back and stopped him.

Do you have experience changing roles?” Myungsoo asked embarrassed, concerned and with a red blush on his dimpled cheeks.

Some.” Sungyeol replied vaguely then pulled his arm away enough so Myungsoo hand would slide to his. “If this is what you were referring when you asked if we could try, then I'll do my best so it won't hurt a thing.” He squeezed his boyfriend hand to assure him.

Did it hurt when I did?” The younger asked, looking at his boyfriend worriedly, the last thing he wanted was to hurt Sungyeol in any way.

Not as much as you're imagining, you're earnest and pick up things fast, that's what I like about you.” Sungyeol ended up quickly scanning their surroundings and pecked his boyfriend for the last time before pulling Myungsoo to walk. “We can't get late.”

After the school procedures to take both kids from school all four of them went back to the car to take the kids to the doctor and the way there was a bit messy, despite the adults being relieved with their conversation they still worried about their interactions while Sunggyu asked if Hoya's mother would give him a lollipop and Woohyun still tried to dissuade his father from bringing him there. Once they arrived at Sungyeol auntie office, the boys were encouraged to do whatever homework they had before they were called in the office together.

Hoya's mother greeted them warmly, hugging Sungyeol, shaking hands with Myungsoo and tickling the living daylights out of Sunggyu to loosen the boy up while Woohyun hid behind his father tall frame, he hated doctors, and Sunggyu kinda did too, but there was no way the oldest boy couldn't like Hoya's mother, she was so lovely... and sneaked more lollipops into his pockets when Sungyeol wasn't looking.

She weighted Sunggyu, measured him, checked the movements of his broken arm (he had taken the cast the day before), heard his lungs with the stethoscope, and touched his belly a bit then wrote everything down before she moved to Woohyun.

Woohyun had seen this old lady before in Sungyeol and Sungjong birthdays before so she had a bit of trust from him though that didn't mean Woohyun wasn't still suspicious of her with that cold thing she would put in his chest. But while Woohyun was being examined, Sunggyu kept walking around them and talking to his friend to lose him up and Sungyeol auntie rubbed the stethoscope on her clothes for a bit to try to make less could due to friction.

Once she wrote everything down in a file just for Woohyun she ordered the adults to shut up so she could talk to the boys about food and exercises, making sure to show them big reactions. She then asked some questions about Woohyun so she could add to his file, like things he might be allergic to, before she explained to Myungsoo that despite seeming small, Woohyun still could be considered to have normal growth and that he didn't think too much about that right now because boys developed their bodies later than girls and he would probably grow a lot once he reached puberty.

So Soohyunnie would have grown taller than me?” Woohyun gasped at some point and his stupefied expression was enough for Sunggyu and Sungyeol to giggle.

Probably and maybe because that she was bigger than you even in mommy's belly too.” Myungsoo replied only for his son to cross his arms.

That's unfair!” The boy huffed and crossed his arms in displeasure though everyone ended up laughing with his antics.

Jina explained to both adults that the kids were fine and even praised them for the attention on the kids health, but just in case asked them to get the kids blood tested to see if they weren't deficient in a particular nutrient, Sunggyu, for example, had been a bit deprived of Vitamin D the last time he came, though he seemed healthier now.

Myungsoo thought that their joint appointment would end when the doctor grabbed a handful of lollipops and divided among the boys much their glee, but the next thing he knew the doctor was pulling a thick file from her drawer and telling Sungyeol to get up to get examined before he told Myungsoo to go out with the kids.

She wasn't originally my pediatrician but she took care of me in many ways when I was at my worse and help me back to health so I don't trust anyone else to take care of my body.” Before Myungsoo could even ask Sungyeol explained a little embarrassed once he went out of her office, he didn't want his boyfriend to .

It's ok, trust is important and she even tamed Woohyun so I guess she has a way with people.” Myungsoo assured with a smile before he and Sungyeol had their shirts pushed to force them to look at the kids.

Can we have milkshakes?” Sunggyu pleased.

I'm hungry.” Woohyun complained next and the adults could hear his belly emitting weird sounds.

Isn't too early for dinner though?” Sungyeol asked as he pulled his phone to look at the time.

But by the time we find a place to eat and the time the food arrives it will probably be dinner time.” Myungsoo reasonable.

Sungyeol motioned them to follow him out of his auntie office and towards his car. “There's a place around here, it has good food, many different beverages and the nice I'll need to pull an all-nighter.”

It was a short five minutes drive to the café Sungyeol talked about and Sunggyu beamed when he recognized the place they were going because he often came here with his mother whenever his mother took him to the doctor and they had yummy food, and milkshakes too!

They sat at the table and called a waiter to order their food. The girl made sure to take notes of everything, confirm everything and even chuckle one Sunggyu whispered to her to bring more milkshake for Woohyunnie so he could grow taller, but before she went back there was something she warned them.

Usually I take the orders on an Ipad but we are having a problem so it had to be old style. I'll leave a paper with a list of everything you ordered with the cashier so when you finish, you can go directly there and just say the number of the table so you can pay ok?” She said with a smile pointing to the label in the middle of the table.

It's six daddy!” Woohyun said as he rubbed his finger on it.

Thank you Woohyun.” His father smiled but pushed the label out of his son reach so he wouldn't destroy it.

The girl went back with their food half an hour later in which their table spent talking lively about the progress of decisions about the kids festival – Sunggyu and Woohyun were trying to convince Dongwoo to forget the play idea and just let them sing – and they continued with that subject through their meal aside making plans for after the exams (Woohyun wanted everyone to go play in his grandma pool).

When they were done Sungyeol mentally calculated more or less how much they would pay and opened his wallet to take some money from it. “I don't have everything but here, go pay while I clean Sunggyu.” He had said, placing the money in Myungsoo's hands then pushed Sunggyu gently towards the bathroom.

Don't you want to go wash your hands too Namu?” Myungsoo asked but the boy raised his hands in the air and smiled brightly.

I'm clean.”

Then, let's go pay.” He got up and walked towards the cashier with Woohyun walking on his toll.

When they arrived there Woohyun pointed at some cookies in display and asked with puppy eyes if Myungsoo could buy them so he could eat with milk before he went to bed and the elder, albeit hanging his head down and patting his pants for his wallet, just automatically grabbed some and put in front of the cashier, so she could add on their bill just for his son to beam.

The lady in front of him sighed tiredly. “Loud kid, huh?” She said.

Myungsoo head never snapped up so fast, his jaw hung low, he literally froze in place and Woohyun thought it was very weird but when he looked up to the old lady in the cashier she seemed equally shocked and petrified, and now the poor kid couldn't understand a thing.