Tribute - We are never ever getting back together

Tangled
 
 

While Hoya and Dongwoo discussed the bad omen and Moonsoo tried to reach his brother, Sungyeol was teasing his brother. “Now I know why you were so eager to take Sunggyu to play over the neighbor's, you like Myungsoo’s brother.”

Moonsoo hyung?” Sunggyu asked confused. “Like friends?”

Sungjong flushed beet red, and Sungyeol just knew he had nailed it, before pointing at Sunggyu with his chin and looking at his older brother horrified. “Hyung!” He hissed.

What?” Sunggyu asked curiously but was being ignored.

He likes you back.” Sungyeol merely said with a knowing grin.

He doesn't...” Sungjong was ready to argue but the maknae interrupted.

Like friends?” Sunggyu asked once again but before the hyungs could answer his question Woohyun arrived with his dad and Sunggyu totally forgot about that for the time being. “Woohyunnie!” Sunggyu smiled brightly and climbed off his chair to run and give his friend a hug.

Gyu hyung! Happy birthday!” The boy cheered.

Woohyun be careful with Sunggyu’s gift.” Myungsoo slightly scolded as he approached the table, where the other two brothers were, with a small cake and some plastic plates. “Surprise~.I'm sorry for arriving kind of late but I had to go pick up the cake and Woohyun wanted to wrap Sunggyu’s gift himself and that took some time.” He explained but shut up as soon as he met eyes with his older neighbor.

Talking about the gift Sunggyu and Woohyun came running to the table so they could unwrap it. “Is it a puzzle?” Sunggyu tried to shake the gift to hear the noise but didn't hear any.

No hyung.” Woohyun giggled. “It's something even more special.” He then briefly turned to Sungyeol and Sungjong and waved his hand cutely and bowed a bit before focusing his attention back on Sunggyu that was now trying to tear the wrapping off.

You didn't need to bring a cake.” Sungyeol said a bit flustered and surprised that Myungsoo would get out of his way to bring a cake for Sunggyu, aside from that the way Myungsoo looked at him made him feel a bit shy, he knew Sungjong would overdo, his looks today were too much right?

Oh it's nothing, I just wanted to make it more special since Sunggyu is finally celebrating his birthday after a while.” Myungsoo finally found his voice. “Besides, it's what my brother says: what's a birthday party without a cake, right?” Myungsoo smiled showing a flustered dimple.

Meanwhile, Sunggyu gasped with his gift. “Woaaaaaaw.”

Talking about your brother, he is here.” Sungyeol said. “I haven't noticed him before but he looks a lot like you”

Isn't nice hyung? Did you like it?” Woohyun asked in anticipation.

Moonsoo is here? Where?” Myungsoo turned his head around to search for his brother.

I loved it.” Sunggyu eyes were twinkling in satisfaction.

There.” Sungjong pointed to Moonsoo, now desperately trying to call his brother since Dongwoo and Hoya were placing their orders. “You should go talk to him quickly if you don't want to wait to order, I think he is trying to contact you.”

Myungsoo quickly patted his pants. “Oops, I forgot my phone home. I'll go to talk to him so excuse me a minute. Woohyun, let's talk with Uncle Moonsoo and order.” Myungsoo called, offering a hand, and the younger eyes got big.

Is Uncle Moonsoo here?” The boy promptly left his hyung with his brothers and held his dad’s hand before the two left to surprise the maknae Kim.

Both brothers watched as Woohyun wrapped himself around his uncle’s legs while Myungsoo engulfed his brother in a back hug and left a teasing kiss on the teenager’s cheeks, then the younger let out some complaints before the three of them placed their orders, and it was only when Sunggyu called that the brothers snapped back to reality.

Hyungs, isn't Woohyunnie gift daebak?” The maknae asked showing his gift: a big framed picture of him and Woohyun at the center with Sungyeol and Myungsoo crouched beside them smiling ( actually only Myungsoo, Sungyeol was poker faced).

That's different.” Sungyeol admitted as he got the frame to examine the picture.

Aw, doesn't this look like a family picture?” Sungjong teased and instantly was elbowed in the ribs with the courtesy of his elder brother though Sunggyu hadn't seemed to notice.

Yes, there's Woohyunnie’s family here.” Sunggyu pointed to Myungsoo. “And mine here.” He pointed to Sungyeol. “But Jongie hyung is missing, hyung, you should take a picture with us next time.”

Truce remember?” Sungyeol hissed lowly.

Absolutely.” Sungjong gasped for air and answered both of his brothers at the same time.

Hyung, can I hang it on my wall?” Sunggyu asked excitedly.

You realize that there is no more wall for you to hang things right?” Sungyeol turn to playfully scold the maknae and the boy pouted. “Start thinking what you want to take it down if you want to hang this on your wall.” He advised and started to gather Sunggyu’s gifts in one place when Sungjong recomposed himself and addressed him again.

I think he likes you hyung.” Sungyeol turned to glare at his brother again when Sungjong raised his hands in surrender. “Not like that hyung, as a person.”

What are you saying?” Now Sungyeol just giggled. “How can that happen? It's only been a week. Your imagination is really wild these days Sungjong, maybe because you're in love?”

Hyung, you're in love?” Sunggyu perked up.

No.” Sungjong denied and blushed faintly. “I just thought that he was very thoughtful by bringing a cake for Sunggyu’s birthday and giving him such a meaningful gift since Sunggyu’s favorite people nowadays are in the picture.”

That's because Sunggyu charmed him when you brought him to play.” Sungyeol found an excuse.

Even if that's so, it is actually a good thing since people our age tend not to get too close when there is a kid involved. You need friends, real ones that can have your back, and...” Sungjong shrugged. “Maybe he feels he needs it too and is putting effort.”

I...” Sungyeol was about to retort but Hoya and Dongwoo came bickering at the table. “What happened?” Sungyeol asked with furrowed brows as the elders placed burgers and distributed food and beverages.

Hoya is being silly, don't mind him.” Dongwoo dismissed but Hoya wouldn't let that go.

There is a guy that is looking at our table all the time.” He explained.

He thinks he is looking at you.” Dongwoo explained further.

Me?” Sungyeol was dumbfounded. “I knew you would overdo it, now I'm the center of attention and I don't like that.” He complained to his middle brother as Sunggyu unwrapped his burger and started taking the veggies out because apparently, Hoya forgot to order it without them.

But attention is good for your self-esteem.” Sungjong disagreed.

See Hoya, it is good for self-esteem, now stop thinking silly stuff and let's eat.” Dongwoo suggested as he sat and unwrapped his own burger.

How many times do I have to tell you he is looking at Sungyeol weirdly? It is not like he is amazed by Sungyeol beauty, there's something strange in his eyes that I don't like it, and he keeps looking here all the time even though he is accompanied.” Hoya argued.

Maybe he is accompanied just by friends, so maybe we should write Hyung's number on a napkin and hand it to him.”

Sungjong no!” Sungyeol said almost pleading, he wasn't ready for that but was ignored.

Who is him hyung? Can you discreetly take a picture so we can analyze if this guy is worthy of my Hyung's time?” The teenager asked.

Ok, get close so I can pretend to take a picture.” Dongwoo ordered as he pulled his phone out of his pocket as Hoya rolled his eyes. Once Dongwoo took the picture he passed the phone to the brothers. “I think he is good looking although a bit old for Sungyeol, but, Hoya and I happened right? So, who knows?”

Sungjong and Sungyeol practically joined their faces to look at the picture, and thankfully Dongwoo even used the zoom, but when they saw who the hyungs were talking, the two brothers were tense and spent some seconds in a weird silence.

This is Sangwoo-shi.” Sungjong announced in a grave tone and both Dongwoo and Hoya gasped while Sungyeol looked down at the table and balled his hands into fists.

I knew this guy was trouble. I knew it. See hyung? I told you.” Hoya said.

What are you going to do?” Dongwoo asked worriedly once he realized who they were talking about and what the guy had done.

At that point Woohyun came slurping his soda to sit beside Sunggyu and Moonsoo moved to sit beside Sungjong leaving the only spot available for Myungsoo next to Sungyeol and as he distributed the burgers the younger put his hands together to send some prayers to his mom and while Hoya frowned the others seemed to be used to this.

Nothing, he isn't going to do anything, this guy doesn't deserve a spare look from hyung.” Sungjong said in an angry tone and with gritted teeth.

Sensing the tense atmosphere the Kim brothers looked around for answers but people seemed to forget their presence. “Did something happen?” Moonsoo was able to voice their question as Myungsoo preferred not to in, the last time he did he messed things up for him.

Hyung’s ex-partner is here.” Sungjong said with anger underneath his breath.

And the bastard keeps looking here.” Hoya hissed with as much anger, making a point to glare to the guy even though the guy wasn't minding him one bit.

Myungsoo hesitated but ended up asking softly and lowly. “Do you want me to go talk to your friend? Apologize?”

Apologize for what?” Moonsoo asked confused and the kids moved their little heads from him to Sungjong then Sungyeol then to Myungsoo, then back at Sungjong.

Oh no no no no! No one here is apologizing for anything when he was the one messing things up.” Sungjong practically roared making the two kids look at him confused, though he had the decency not to curse in front of the kids

Hyung are you ok?” Sunggyu asked in concern as he held his burger in his little hands and observed Sungyeol with his small eyes.

It's ok Myungsoo, it is not your fault. I'm ok, I'm perfect.” Sungyeol tranquilized his neighbor though he seemed to be the one needing some tranquilizing because he was paralyzed and frankly about to hyperventilate, it was clear he wasn't ok.

Then what do we do? Should we grab our food and go to end the party in your apartment?” Dongwoo suggested.

No. Leaving is like losing, this guy has to know that Sungyeol moved on.” Hoya disagreed.

I agree with Hoya hyung.” Sungjong nodded as Moonsoo just sighed and took a bite of his hamburger, he had given up understanding this.

Sungyeol forced a smile. “We are here to celebrate Sunggyu’s birthday so we are going proceed with our plans, I think I just need to wash my face, so I'll be right back.” With that, the taller of them got up from his chair and went to look for the bathroom.

They all watched him retreat before Myungsoo sighed deeply. “This is my fault, I know he says it isn't but it is if I hadn't picked that phone call....”

Dad, don't be sad, you're the best daddy in the world.” Woohyun tried to cheer him up and Myungsoo chuckled at him and the boy smiled widely thinking he had cheered his father.

Which phone call? Can somebody let me in?” Moonsoo ended up pleading.

Hyung got sick around midterms remember? Your brother ended up helping him but he picked up a phone call from Sungyeol’s lover and that didn't end up very good.” Dongwoo decided to elaborate.

So you broke them up hyung?” Moonsoo gasped and Myungsoo guiltily nodded.

No, you didn't.” Sungjong assured. “That person got mad and decided to punish Sungyeol by not seeing him, and, yes, he is weird like that, and I guess Sungyeol hyung was kind of expecting that and some fighting, but imagine our surprise when we saw his lover in the book shop with someone else, looking deeply in love?”

No way.” The Kim brothers gasped surprised and synchronized.

If I were you I'd not worry myself over that, even if you broke them up no one would blame you, all of us here agree that that person was not worthy of Sungyeol.” Hoya added. “I know you probably know Sungyeol’s jerky side the best but deep down he is a good person, he is committed, hardworking and responsible, he was just in an overbearing situation that made him do mistake after mistake and he hated himself for it.”

I don't know him that well as Hoya and Jongie but I believe Sungyeol wasn't able to relax, his fights with Sunggyu were constant and he thought his lover would make him relax and provide a sense of normality in his life, but that didn't happen.” Dongwoo added his two cents.

Yes, that didn't happen, but it didn't happen even when our mom was alive and well. Sungyeol Hyung's ex-lover is like fifteen years older than him, Sungyeol hyung doesn't have many people that are close to him but his lover never wanted to be introduced to any of us and I just met him because I decided to do a surprise visit once, he never introduced Sungyeol hyung to his friends or parents either.” Sungjong explained, now he was in for bad mouthing that dude.

His lover had never wanted to meet Sunggyu and called him a hassle, that person was never understanding of Sungyeol Hyung's new situation and didn't come to the funeral, a moment where Sungyeol hyung needed him the most. He wanted hyung to spend every Saturday with him, the whole day too, not caring if hyung had to take care of Sunggyu, and if hyung couldn't meet or did something else wrong in their book he would be ignored and/or punished by not meeting the next week. Isn't that absurd? A lover is supposed to be a companion, and this…” Sungjong held himself not to let out a bad word. “...person had never shown him that.” When Sungjong finished ranting he was red in anger and Moonsoo started to rub circles on his back for him to calm down while a deep silence fell up on them.

That person is bad.” Woohyun ended up concluding for everyone's surprise.

Gosh, a person like this exists?” Myungsoo ended up asking but regretted as soon as he let the words out, he knew first hand that people like that, or worse, existed. “Why did he accepted this kind of treatment?”

That's a very good question, we don't know.” Dongwoo said sadly.

Actually I think that guy might have brainwashed him somehow.” Hoya decided to explain his theory. “Sungyeol was charmed and he thought that with a mature person he wouldn't need to go through things he went through before and would have a stable relationship, because... well, if you knew Sungyeol like me you would say this is what he needs, someone by his side, helping him with things that are easy for you and me but quite difficult for him.”

Like?” Moonsoo asked.

Look, Sungyeol hyung has a lot of problems and I shouldn't go spreading them around. He tends to treat everyone like a potential threat and be really guarded due to things that happened to him before, which leads him to push people away, and if he is stressed.... I think Myungsoo hyung already knows how he behaves. He can be scary but if we manage to win his heart... let's just say he is a really good person to back you up if you need.” Sungjong explained to his friend.

Yes, he let me play with Woohyunnie, but I never want to see hyung scary anymore.” Sunggyu agreed.

Guys, I'm sorry to interrupt the dissing and the explanations about Sungyeol’s personality, but I just noticed the person we were talking about ditched their friends and is nowhere in sight.” Dongwoo called them nervously as he tried to look around, which the other adults tried to do as well.

Don't tell me that person went to find Sungyeol hyung.” Sungjong got pale.

Then we just have to have a definitive talk with this person so they leave Sungyeol in peace for good.” Hoya quickly said.

What if Sungyeol hyung doesn't want this?” Moonsoo asked.

Moonsoo-yah, Sungyeol was devastated, the guy broke his trust and although he still suffers there is no way they will ever go back together.” Dongwoo explained softly.

I don't think he would listen to us Hoya hyung and even though Sungyeol hyung might not want to go back together I don't know if he is ok enough to show his pissed self to this person, after all, he was deeply disappointed.” Sungjong grabbed his hair and start to pull it, he was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

Maybe I can help?” Myungsoo offered in a really small and unsure tone and everyone looked at him. “I mean, I talked to his lover on the phone right? And if his lover got jealous over that maybe...” The others stopped for a minute and looked at Myungsoo as they evaluated his suggestion, but Myungsoo felt like they were judging him. “Forget it, I barely know him, he wouldn't be comfortable and I would be butting in his life too much, we just solved things and I don't want problems anymore.”

How?” Woohyun looked at his dad inquiringly but before Myungsoo could open his mouth the others started to talk.

Actually... I think that can work.” Dongwoo said opening a smile.

Yeah, you have a good face, it can work.” Hoya was the second to back the idea up.

If you think you can do something to help hyung please do, even if Sungyeol hyung isn't comfortable, he will thank you in the long run. But if he complains now I'll take all the blame.” The teenager said bravely, it wasn't like this would be the first fight with his brother or the last one.

Myungsoo breathed in and out and got up from his chair. “Please watch Woohyun a minute for me.” With that, he left the others and went towards the bathroom.

_____________________________________________________

Sungyeol entered the bathroom and went to the closest stall to lock himself there, and once locked, he sat over the toilet and just let himself hyperventilate. He didn't want to look weak in front of his neighbor, friends and family, and much less his ex-lover, but the truth was: he wasn't ok and he had to gather himself quickly because, knowing Sangwoo, he would find a way to come talk to him.

He thought about how everything began. A couple of years ago Sungyeol got his first job at Woollim and around that time he actually spent his working time in the company and that's where he met Sangwoo. Sungyeol task was to proofread the books and fix their mistakes, and one of his coworkers had fallen sick and wouldn't be able to finish correcting the last chapters of a school book, so Sungyeol had accepted to finish it for him. That day the author, Sangwoo, appeared to complain about something that it wasn't really Sungyeol’s fault, but they were able to work through that and after some hours Sungyeol was charmed by the older guy.

Under the excuse of the book they were working on they exchanged numbers, and, after a couple of months with Sangwoo confusing Sungyeol with his behavior even though the book was long finished, the older finally invited Sungyeol for coffee and then the rest was history.

Sangwoo was someone very intelligent and most of his opinions and views in life coincided with those Sungyeol had and the younger was happy he had someone that could challenge and understand how his mind worked. But although Sungyeol had already acknowledged and got over of how naive he was back then, he knew that it was this that had been great.

What it wasn't that great was that Sangwoo had very restricted time to date. Not that Sungyeol had much either, he studied, worked and taught, while Sangwoo wrote his school books to be released the next school year. The thing about the older was that he was trying to transition to another genre and wrote his novel in every odd hour, still, they made a point to see each other once a week but spend the entire day together. Sangwoo would often come to Sungyeol’s apartment, the elder preferred to stay at home and enjoy Sungyeol company there, but Sungyeol had never visited his boyfriend, Sangwoo only took him to a friend apartment whenever he wasn't home. Sangwoo had said that he took care of the said apartment because this friend traveled back and forth from Japan.

Sungyeol had never found strange that Sangwoo had never introduced him to his parents or friends, the elder had said that his parents lived in the countryside and re rarely got to see them and that most of his friends lived in other countries or cities, but he promised to introduce his adorable boyfriend (his words, not Sungyeol's) to his friends once they came to visit. Sungyeol was ok with that, he was honeymooning after all and everything about Sangwoo charmed him.

Things became sour after Sungyeol mom died. Sungyeol didn't even want to think about that moment of his life but now that he thought back this was really when things started to become different. Suddenly he had two kids to raise and his boyfriend said that that was a hassle for them and although he didn't say anything more, Sungyeol could read in his eyes that the older wanted to tell Sungyeol not to assume the responsibilities for his brothers. That day Sungyeol fought Sangwoo hard and that had earned him two weeks without meeting his boyfriend, not to mention Sangwoo skipping his mother and step dad funeral.

At first, he gave excuses that Sungyeol could believe, inspiration had hit him hard and, no, Sangwoo wasn't mad about their fight. But as problems developed at home, with Sungjong quickly recovering himself in order to study for college and Sunggyu starting to fight him almost every day not to mention he was starting to be bullied in school, Sungyeol started to need more from Sangwoo and the older guy started to get tired of that drama.

The point was that Sungyeol didn't want to believe that someone like Sangwoo, someone he chose to give himself to and be his lover, was like that, like any other person that ever tried to take advantage of him, but, at the end the only difference was that Sangwoo was older and more experienced in doing these kinds of things with more finesse.

Now, Sungyeol couldn't say that after a year and a half of this he didn't notice anything changing in their relationship and he also couldn't say that he was expecting Sangwoo to change as well. Still, things worked between them, because it was familiar, and Sungyeol needed familiar things in his life at that moment. They had some chemistry in bed and although that didn't help Sungyeol emotionally, it helped him forget his problems momentarily and have stress reliefs.

Once Sungyeol wrapped his head with that, their relationship was fine for a couple of months although here and then there was a fight, but, if you asked him, not once in his lifetime he had imagined he would ever witness Sangwoo act a scene like he did in the book shop. With a girl. And he looked like he was in love, in love, and that was much more than Sangwoo ever pretended to feel with him.

What kind of was that? Even if Sangwoo liked both genders he couldn't simply have the best of both worlds at the same time without both their consent. But, judging every aspect of his relationship and the way Sangwoo behaved at the book shop, he could clearly see that the girl, young and pretty like him, got all the glory of a very public relationship while he was, and apparently would always be, the dirty little secret his boyfriend kept behind closed doors. That was the part that hurt because of all of his life he went through hardships and hardships and he considered that, despite all, he deserved some exclusive attention as anybody else did.

As he finished remembering everything in this love story - love? Yeah, right – Sungyeol was surprised that not a single tear ran down his cheek and he seemed to have calmed enough to be able to breathe just fine. Yes, when he saw Sangwoo with a girl it had hurt him, but as he said he would, he cried, he got better and the only thing missing was not caring, but that would be easy once they had a final talk, after all, Sangwoo didn't know Sungyeol was done with him.

He took a deep breath in and opened the stall and luckily nobody was there, he didn't know how much he spends there but he knew he had to come back to Sunggyu’s birthday, so he directed himself to do what he said would do and go back to the few people that actually cared for him.

He had just opened the sink and placed his hands under the water streak when the door for the bathroom opened and closed. He kept his head down, washing his hands slowly, as he heard footsteps until they stopped behind him. Sungyeol lifted his eyes slowly to look at the mirror only to spot Sangwoo standing behind him so he merely looked back at his hands and kept washing his hands.

Sangwoo then got close, grabbed Sungyeol gently by the arm and turned him around. “Hi, Sungyeol.” His tone was breathy and he took the opportunity to look over the boy’s styled-by-Sungjong appearance.

Sungyeol squinted his eyes at him as if he was having difficulties to remember who was this guy. “Who are you?” He asked and the guy chuckled.

What's with this question Sungyeol?”

I know your name, but I have no idea who are you.” Sungyeol clarified but used a cold tone, he wasn't finding anything funny.

Of course you know who I am, we've been together for a year and a half.” The guy chuckled still finding whatever game Sungyeol was playing amusing.

This is exactly why I asked you who are you. I've been together a year and a half with a guy and it seems like I don't know him at all.” He explained with an impassive tone.

Now Sangwoo scoffed. “Shouldn't I be the one saying that? Aren't you sleeping with someone else behind my back?”

Sungyeol scoffed back at the accusation. “I would never, I'm a monogamous kind of guy.”

As if I'd believe that when someone else answered your phone and said they were taking care of you.” Sangwoo said with anger evident in his tone.

So that was what Myungsoo said right? Such a double meaning sentence, no wonder that had pissed off his ex(?) boyfriend, but it didn't matter anymore. “That's the truth, after all once a person has a strong fever they should be taken care of no?” Sungyeol asked with his most innocent tone, he was so calm that it surprised him.

Fever?” The guy asked confused.

Maybe you were too blinded by your jealousy to even listen to what the guy on the phone had to say. The guy is my neighbor by the way, and Sunggyu called him because it was an emergency.” Sungyeol explained as he turned back to the sink to wet his face and close the faucet before reaching up for a few paper towels. “Not that you even thought about that possibility, right? You don't seem to think much about me.” Sungyeol mumbled the last part for himself and dried his face.

The guy hesitated but then conceded. “Sorry baby, I was really upset that day and I were so eager to meet you again and fix things between us.” Sangwoo said with a sickening sweet tune as he approached Sungyeol to hug him, but the taller just gave a couple of steps back to avoid him.

What are you doing? Why?” Sungyeol asked.

Doing what? I should apologize if I misjudged you right? Come here, let's ditch the world and fix things between us.” Sangwoo suggested.

I have company and you have too, I'm not going anywhere.” He said firmly.

Come on, just say the word and we can ditch them and have a good time.” Sangwoo tried to seduce Sungyeol out of his seriousness and tried to hug him again, but Sungyeol felt sick to his stomach.

No, that's not happening.” Sungyeol moved away a second time. “Do you think I wouldn't reach a limit? Do you think that one day I wouldn't find out the truth?” He asked dryly.

What are you talking about Sungyeol? Which truth?” The guy asked, after all, he didn't know what Sungyeol had seen. “The only truth that I know is that you love me and...”

And you don't love me back.” Sungyeol completed for him which made that guy taken aback. “Do you think I wouldn't notice when you keep giving me excuses not to progress with our relationship? Let me tell you something, when you didn't attend my mother's funeral that was a huge clue, but I turned a blind eye because I needed something in my life to be exactly the same way it was before.”

Again with this?” Sangwoo asked annoyed though he didn't deny he didn't love Sungyeol.

Of course and I will talk about that as much I want because it is ing important to me!” Sungyeol hissed angrily. “Not that it matters to you but I am just a 23-old guy, adult life just began for me, and I wasn't given a choice to fill in in parenthood. I needed you by my side to comfort me and to support me, and how many times did you do that? Zero, zilch, none!” When he finished his angry rant he took a couple of breaths in, he was starting to get aggravated even though he didn't want to because Sangwoo didn't deserve it.

So you want me to go over your apartment and play house with you? Gosh, Sungyeol, for the love of god, I have more important stuff to do. You know I am a busy person and I already take enough time out of my obligations to meet you.”

Enough....” Sungyeol almost laughed right there, but quickly recomposed himself and made his expression sarcastic. “Oh yeah, I forgot. I forgot you have time for everything else but me.” He then placed a finger on his chin and pretended to think hard. “But maybe that has something to do with the girl you actually take out to places.”

What girl?” The guy to pretend he didn't know what the taller was talking about, and maybe he had succeeded in deceiving Sungyeol before, but now, just like waking up from an unpleasant dream, Sungyeol could see what was true and what was not.

Spare me, you and I are over.” Sungyeol spat in disdain and was about to move for the door but Sangwoo grabbed him by the arm and spun him around. Sungyeol only had time to look at the elder’s hand, almost hurting his arm, to the elder’s eyes when the door opened and closed and a known voice filled the small bathroom.

Hyung~.” Myungsoo used a whiny cute tone but changed strategies as soon as he saw what was happening.

Myungsoo!” Sungyeol said surprised and tried to make Sangwoo let go of him but the guy was holding him too strong.

What is happening here? Let go of him!” He growled in protection mode and ran towards the two men in the middle of the bathroom only to force Sangwoo to let go of Sungyeol arm. “Are you ok?” He asked in concern then turned to the older man to make use of his powerful eyes and glare at the older, not bothering if the guy was older or not. “Who is this guy? Why is he hurting you?”

I'm fine Myungsoo, thank you. Let's not mind him, he is somebody that I thought I knew, but I actually don't.” Sungyeol explained although he didn't want to give details.

SOMEBODY YOU KNEW? I'm not somebody you knew Sungyeol, you are MY boyfriend, and who the hell is this guy? Who the hell he think he is to in our business?” The guy huffed in anger getting close to stare at Myungsoo.

Sungyeol wanted to reply and say it wasn't his business, that Sangwoo should just accept that they were over and get away from there but Myungsoo went ahead of himself.

You must be Sangwoo-shi, Hyung's EX lover, he told me a lot about you.” He said making sure to stress the 'ex' word and Sungyeol thought to himself: when did I ever? “I believe we talked on the phone.”

So it was you! You brat without manners! Don't you know you shouldn't pick it a call from other people's phone? Do you know the amount of trouble you caused?” Sangwoo hissed in Myungsoo’s face, probably wanting a fight, but Myungsoo wasn't scared, he could deal with this midget just fine, years of sports made him bulk it up enough.

I don't, but I don't care since Sungyeol hyung is mine now.” He said dryly and with such confidence that, if that wasn't about Sungyeol himself, he would have been fooled. Still, he almost choked up with that bold statement, but thankfully the elder seemed distressed enough to even notice how taken aback he was. “Right baby?” He looked at Sungyeol with moon enamored eyes.

WHAT?” Sangwoo asked in disbelief and anger.

You heard me.” He said coldly and crossed his arms in front of himself, daring the guy to do something. “Honestly when I met Sungyeol hyung I was disappointed he was in relationship. I thought about stealing him, but I ended up not even needing to do that, he came to me on his own because you practically placed him on my lap, after all, you're this... old... and you still haven't learned how to treat a lover well? Tsk tsk tsk.” Myungsoo shook his head in disapproval.

Myungsoo, enough, don't...” Sungyeol tried to placate the situation, and even pull Myungsoo out of place, he wasn't liking where this was going, but he was ignored, and Myungsoo stood his ground as he looked at the ex-boyfriend.

What are you even saying? This must be a lie!” Sangwoo scoffed. “Besides I'll have you know that my years of experience made him always be pleasured by me.”

You gotta be kidding me!” Sungyeol was flabbergasted and totally red, for god sake, this wasn't a topic that should be discussed in front of a straight person he barely knew. Sungyeol wanted to die out of embarrassment when this conversation became a competition over ? At this point, he wouldn't expose Myungsoo’s lie anymore even if he was embarrassed, after all, if Sangwoo believed he had moved on it would be better, although he had to have a serious conversation with Myungsoo after this.

I wasn't talking about that at all, but your argument is , really?” Myungsoo scoffed at him and turned to Sungyeol. “What the hell did you see in this old dude? No, don't answer.” He caressed Sungyeol cheek with a faint touch although the enamored eyes were still there, and he had to agree that Myungsoo acting was quite good. “The best thing you did was to accept me.”

As I'm going to believe the nonsense you're sputtering.”Sangwoo tried to pull Myungsoo from Sungyeol but Myungsoo didn't even bulge. “Yah! Out of my boyfriend! He is mine, MINE, AND MINE ALONE! EXCLUSIVELY” He screamed.

THE ? I'M MY OWN! AND FOR GOD SAKE STOP PRETENDING THAT YOU DON'T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND AROUND MY AGE BEHIND MY BACK. I KNOW ALREADY, I SAW WITH MY TWO EYES!” Sungyeol yelled back, he had enough. “I WON'T ACCEPT CRUMBLES OF YOUR LOVE AND I WON'T BE AN EASY MALE ANYMORE, WE ARE DONE, DONE, DONE, OK? SEEING ME WITH A NEW LOVER ISN'T ENOUGH PROOF I DON'T WANT YOU ANYMORE?”

See?” Myungsoo smirked. “Now do us all a favor and stop bothering my boyfriend.”

And you, stop making things worse, I didn't ask for your interference.” Sungyeol hissed at him too, but it didn't come out as if he was angry at him, just at the situation, that kind of Myungsoo relax, maybe this wouldn't be too disastrous for their friendship(?) later.

I'm sorry.” He said guiltily and dared to get close to Sungyeol, wrap his hands against his waist and rub his face all over Sungyeol’s shoulder, what was Myungsoo even doing? One straight man doesn't do this to a gay man, Sungyeol was confused. “I know you can handle yourself, love, you have a quite challenging personality, but we are partners now so your fights are my fights and I want to do my best to support you because at the end of the day my main goal is to make you happy.” He then looked at Sungyeol with this puppy eyes - Woohyun should probably have learned this with his father, it was like this he charmed Sunggyu into becoming his friend right? - as if he was asking for forgiveness.

Sungyeol sighed but tapped Myungsoo a bit impatiently as if saying this was enough. Obviously, that made Sangwoo interpret things as if he was assuring the other that everything was fine, but that kind of left them in a semi-hugging position.

You know that I love you, right?”The younger suddenly asked and Sungyeol had a bad feeling settling in his stomach, but it wasn't until he saw Myungsoo closing his eyes, leaning his face close and feeling one of the hands leave his waist only to arrive trembling (?) on his neck that he understood that Myungsoo was going to kiss him.

Sungyeol held his breath and suddenly he couldn't move.