Prank'd - Lee's problems

Tangled
 
 


 

Myungsoo lowered his voice as he tried to speak with his father as the others filled Sungyeol trunk and then proceeded to smile away as he heard his father explain him something during five minutes into their ride to Incheon, pretty much like Woohyun did when he was offered another cupcake.

Sungyeol tried to hold a smile as he thought about that. Myungsoo and Woohyun were not related by blood but no one could really tell that, if they took in consideration how they acted, they didn't resemble each other, after all with only one parent o look up to Woohyun copied a whole ton of things.

The way they walked? Similar. Frowning? Identical. Pouting? Myungsoo didn't pout often but the similarity was there. Liking for sports. Check. Love for food? That was spread into the whole family. Romantic side? They both had but Woohyun had it worse. Brain capacities? Sungyeol would think if he compared Woohyun to a seven-year-old version of Myungsoo the boy would be on the winning side, but only because Myungsoo closed his eyes to things he didn't want to see in order to protect himself. Silly but sincere smile. Oh, how he loved it.... on them both.

What grandpa said?” Woohyun chirped as soon as Myungsoo finished the call on Moonsoo phone, starling Sungyeol out of his thoughts to concentrate fully on the road again.

He said he and mom will try to come back to join us on Sunday.” Myungsoo turned around in his seat to look at both boys in the back with a contagious smile.

YAAAAAAAAAAAAY” The kids cheered together and Myungsoo giggled then turned to face the front but he ended up throwing a smile Sungyeol way as the kids made plans in the back.

Sungyeol made a serious face. “Are you sure they don't mind us using their bedroom?”

No.” Myungsoo smiled but Sungyeol didn't change his concerned expression. “What?”

Nothing.”

Come on, tell me.” Myungsoo insisted as he patted Sungyeol leg on its sides and Sungyeol turned to glare at him briefly then looked at the rearview mirror to see Sunggyu convincing Woohyun that it was better if they set a puzzle together and then do moving activities in the beach tomorrow. “Sorry.” Myungsoo whispered when he realized what he did. “But seriously, tell me, are you upset with something else?”

No. Not with anything you did at least, I'm happy for you.” Sungyeol said, releasing a sigh he didn't know he was holding.

Then?”

My own stuff.” Sungyeol replied quickly.

Share with me.” Myungsoo insisted, he was eager to help Sungyeol just as much as he thought Sungyeol helped him and he would do whatever he could that didn't involve spilling the truth to Woohyun right now though he knew the time was coming since all side problems that could relate to his son were having closure.

I just...” Sungyeol started but he didn't know how to express himself well most of the time mainly hen that had to deal with certain emotions he had. “I just didn't think I would see your mother this soon.” He tried to explain awkwardly as the boys started some sort of singing game in the back only for Myungsoo to frown. “You know I'm in the possession of something that belongs to her.”

Ahn, the letters.” Myungsoo snapped his fingers as he understood what Sungyeol was referring to and with just one more look at his boyfriend he kinda understood what his brother was hinting. “It's ok hyung. Take your time, I'll talk to my mom and explain that you didn't have that much time to read them. It's ok.”

Sungyeol just sighed and nodded not wanting to dwell on this problem right now when everyone was so excited, even more, Myungsoo with what he discovered today - the main problem was not on Sungyeol lack of time or not, but instead the courage he lacked to read and understand things his mother wrote down – so he decided to change the topic. “I heard guys are bringing wine, are you up for a sip?”

Wine?” Myungsoo let out an amused gasp.

Yeah, to celebrate...” the taller looked at his lover for a second and with a twinkle of mischievousness in his eyes.

Celebrate what?” Woohyun asked squeezing his face beside Sunggyu in between both adults seats.

What? Kids, lean back and wear your seat belt properly so you won't get hurt in case of an accident.” Myungsoo pushed both kids back.

Celebrate what?” Sunggyu insisted although he did what Myungsoo asked.

Our, full of fun, weekend.” Sungyeol quickly as came up with an excused as Myungsoo gave a final glare to the boys, that jointly pouted, then turned back and tried to not let out a smile.

I'm in.”

_________________________________________________________

I thought we were going to have fun.” Dongwoo complained and crossed his arms. Both Woohyun and Sunggyu turned their little heads to Sungyeol, that was in the living room but looking at the kitchen where Moonsoo and Hoya were taking turns to fight the wine cork, and pointed to their pink haired teacher as he had all the right arguments to win any fight.

Do you think because Dongwoo hyung is complaining you have the right to complain too?” Myungsoo came from the kitchen and placed two grape juice bottles in front of the kids. “It is your job as students to do homework.”

But I already did my job!” Dongwoo complained.

You said you'd do anything later. Just help the kids with their homework once and then, after you know how much it takes to make them finish it, you'd think again about the amount of math you send home.” Sungyeol looked at the teacher doing his best to not laugh at the face of pure betrayal Dongwoo was making.

With that statement, the kid's jaws hung low. Sungyeol was a known homework dictator and they knew they wouldn't be able to escape homework, but their teacher was sitting beside them in homework duties as Myungsoo or Sungyeol did, and maybe that was maybe, maybe, the way the tallest in the room had found to help the kids reduce the amount of homework they had lately. Once Sungyeol winked at them and the boys realized that chaos ensured.

I WANT TO DIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEE!” Woohyun whined dramatically, much for Myungsoo amusement but Dongwoo desperation and Sungjong frown.

Give me here, I'll do it quickly.” Sunggyu said and pulled Woohyun notebook in front of him and started writing on it right away.

What? No, Sunggyu, no! Woohyun has to do his own so he can learn too.” Myungsoo pulled his son notebook back to the boy. “We already talked to you about that.” He said with a warning tone.

Nooooo.” Woohyun complained and looked at his father with something that was close to betrayal, though Myungsoo knew better his son's mischief before he turned to Sungyeol and Dongwoo and made puppy eyes.

But...” Sunggyu was about to try to reason but Sungyeol made sure to snap a bit.

Kim Sunggyu!” Sungyeol hissed and the boy made a show out of a pout, that made Sungjong eyebrows almost fly from his face after he raised so much, and then resume his homework.

Sungyeol hyung and Dongwoo hyung will help you today and I'll be cheering on you as I prepare some snacks for us, ok?” Myungsoo kissed his son's hair, threw a pleading look at his lover that made Sungyeol sigh and sit beside them before he went back to the kitchen as his son glared hard at his notebook.

Ok, do you have any doubts about what you are supposed to do?” Sungyeol asked Woohyun as Sunggyu sighed tiredly, he just wanted to finish this quickly, quickly.

Not til here, but it is so biiiiiig.” Woohyun whined as he grabbed his pencil and started calculating things, and writing things down slowly.

I know, how do you think I feel every time I'm working? Sometimes it seems like I will never have time for anything else, but here we are, there is only half of this math homework separating us from having fun.” Woohyun pouted but not replied.

Are they like this every day?” Dongwoo asked and Sungyeol looked at him.

Yes. I mean, Sunggyu whines to start but he does everything diligently, Woohyun knows he has to do it but he tends to procrastinate to finish it, most the time they take to 'study'..” Sungyeol made air quotes. “They take too long to be coaxed into doing it because you give them too much homework for first graders. If Sunggyu finishes soon he just reads the next the lesson while he waits for Woohyun to finish his so they can play.”

Dongwoo tipped Sunggyu that he had written something wrong then turned to look at the tall man. “Is he studying to, you know, go back to his original grade?”

I don't know, are you interested in going back to your original grade Sunggyu?” Sungyeol directed his voice at Sunggyu and the boy lifted his head only to meet Woohyun concerned eyes.

Hyung?” Woohyun sounded scared.

Can Woohyunnie skip a grade too?” Sunggyu looked from his friend to his brother with pleading eyes.

If you want to skip a grade you'd have to pass an exam Sunggyu.” Sungyeol explained. “Woohyun would have to pass the exam as well.”

Do you want to do the exam Woohyunnie?” Sunggyu asked

Woohyun made a frightened expression and shook his head. “Hyung, please let's not separate.” The boy pleaded.

Since Woohyunnie doesn't want it I'm not interested. And I like to be the hyung, I can order the others around.” He said with disinterest and looked back at his homework, much for Woohyun relieve.

See, they are like mini mafia bosses.” Dongwoo pointed and Sungyeol just chuckled at that and shrugged before talking.

There you have your answer, they don't want to separate. Sunggyu is doing fine with Woohyun by his side, I don't see the reason to push Sunggyu for that.”

It isn't like Sunggyu life will be the same as yours if he decides to take this path hyung, but I kinda agree with you on this. Sunggyu is in a nice environment now and it is important for him to stay like that for a while.” Sungjong butted in their conversation to give his opinion and then turned around to hiss in the direction of the kitchen. “It is a simple bottle of wine, why is it taking so long to open?”

You know nothing about wines.” Hoya complained loudly. “Do you ever look at the expiration date?”

He said it tasted like vinegar. We are trying to open the bottle he brought.” Moonsoo added from the kitchen.

And failing miserably.” Myungsoo elevated his tone so Sungjong could hear him from the living room before he addressed the others. “Do you actually need help?”

NO!” Both Moonsoo and Hoya said together and Sungjong rolled his eyes.

I can't deny that I'm on the strict side, but when it comes to Sunggyu education I promised myself I wouldn't burden him up with expectations, I don't want him to be like me. ” Sungyeol told Dongwoo seriously.

But I want to be like you.” Sunggyu interrupted before Dongwoo could say anything and Sungjong snorted from his corner.

No, you definitely don't.” Sungyeol said with a sad smile. “You just think you do now.” Sunggyu looked a little confused but Sungyeol got slightly up to pat his brother hair on the other side of the table as Myungsoo came back with popcorn for the kids and some sliced cheese and salami that he placed far away from them.

Are we finishing?” He asked as he kissed the top of his son's head because Woohyun had been pouting.

Yay!” Moonsoo chirped from the kitchen and a second later he and Hoya came from the kitchen to fill the glasses Sungjong had been cleaning earlier.

Finally.” Sungjong complained from his seat, shuffling some Uno cards.

I want to play too.” Woohyun shook his body and then turned glaring at Dongwoo, clearly blaming the pink-haired teacher for his misfortune.

Ok, I'll send another kind of homework and we'll do math together in school.” Dongwoo finally relented as the rest sat at the table and prepared to distribute glasses.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaay” The kids cheered together because they were way faster when it came to other subjects and Sungyeol winked at them mischievously.

Dongwoo got up and moved his chair beside Hoya. “But don't tell anyone this.” He ordered and Woohyun made a show of closing his little mouth.

Can we have more essays? I like writing.” Sunggyu asked hopefully as he closed his notebook and scooted next to Myungsoo, he already finished his homework.

We can write a song!” Woohyun squealed with his own idea and pushed his notebook away. “We could write a song to sing in the festival.”

Have you finished?” Sungyeol pulled Woohyun notebook to inspect and surely the boy had finished too, even though he had a mistake or two.

Dongwoo placed both of his hands on Hoya's shoulder and hid his face there as Sungjong distributed cards to everyone. “Why did I accept this invitation?” The teacher asked dramatically before looking at the boys. “It has to be a play so everyone can participate, I already told you this countless times.”

Sunggyu got on his knees on the chair and leaned half of his body over the table to look at his teacher. “But we sing really well.” He placed both hands together and made a cute face. “Dongwoo hyung pwwwwease!”

They actually do.” Moonsoo said as he took a look at his set of cards.

And Sungyeol hyung is teaching them to play piano. Sunggyu already plays Violin, and if I'm not mistaken Woohyun also plays flute.” Sungjong offered.

I do.” The boy did the same as his friend to get some cards for himself. “I'm not that good though.”

What you're talking about? You are, be confident.” Sungyeol patted Woohyun.

Dongwoo then moved his eyes between Sungyeol and Myungsoo. “You promised to have a talk with them, they are torturing me with aegyo.”He whined only to be patted by Hoya, that really didn't know how to solve his lover problem.

Myungsoo sighed and snapped his fingers in front of the kids to have their attention. “Boys, you are being unfair to Dongwoo hyung. Complaining and asking him to fulfill your wishes won't work because he doesn't have the power to change anything. Just like I have to do what Hoya hyung asks from me, Dongwoo hyung has to do what his boss say.” the young father patiently explained

The kids gasped as they realized what Myungsoo was saying and looked at each other as if communicating mentally, and that made Dongwoo relieved. “Thank you.”

It's nothing.” Myungsoo waved a hand at the teacher then looked from one boy to the other. “Did you guys understood that you shouldn't whine to Dongwoo hyung about that? It has to be a play.”

The boys nodded and while Sunggyu pouted angrily Woohyun was about to give up and just ask his father to not participate anymore when Sungyeol spoke, again a bit mischievous.

Yeah, if you want to sing you have to ask the principal and show him how good you can sing.” He said and the boys immediately had some hope again.

Urgh, here we go again.” Dongwoo groaned and Moonsoo giggled.

Hey, at least they will not complain to you.” Sungjong offered.

Yes, you're free from their aegyo torture.” Hoya patted his boyfriend a bit more.

We have to practice to show the principal we are good.” Woohyun said worriedly but full of hope.

Don't worry, we will be the main attraction of the show.” Sunggyu said confidently and then grabbed some popcorn to throw in his mouth.

Seee, seeee!” Dongwoo pointed an exasperated finger from one kid to another. “Sunggyu thinks he rules the school now.” The said boy frowned.

Ok, you all will think about this later, I'm starting this game.” Sungyeol said and placed a card in the middle of what would grow to be a pile of cards later much for the others surprise. “Yellow.”

Sungjong squinted his eyes and glared at his brother. “Plus four already? I hate you.” He said pulling four cards from the deck which made his lover find his reaction funny.

You'll hate him either way at the end.” Sungyeol counts the cards most of the times.” Hoya offered as he placed a yellow card in the pile to skip Dongwoo turn.

It's based on probability until a certain point.” Sungyeol defended himself as Moonsoo also skipped his brother and that made Sunggyu turn.

Sunggyu made an apologetic expression. “Sorry, Woohyunnie.” He said as he placed a yellow plus two card in the pile.

In his turn Woohyun giggled and looked at Sungyeol mischievously before he let out a naughty smile and placed another yellow plus two card in the pile.

HAAAAAAAAAAA!” That certainly made Sungjong happy.

I see that I have an opponent.” Sungyeol made a displeased expression and started picking up card from the deck as the rest laughed at his misfortune.

______________________________________________

Are they asleep?” Hoya asked as Myungsoo came from his parents room.

Yeah, we woke them up early and they played a lot, they are tired.” The young dad said and that was understandable.

After the Uno game they all went to sleep and they woke up early to go to the beach, where the boys had the time or their lives playing sports on the sand and trying to swim with the assistance of Hoya, Sungjong and Myungsoo while Moonsoo and Dongwoo tried to get tanned and Sungyeol tried to hide from the sun at all costs when he wasn't trying to read a book.

Once they came home, the adults heated the food Sungyeol prepared the day before and then they moved to the pool to play. Late in the afternoon, they took turns to bath and then they ordered a bit of food to complement things (because Sungyeol miscalculated) while the kids watched The Hobbit on TV. It was just their look that the kids seemed absorbed by the adventure and it was airing a marathon because they ended up fixed in the movie until both of them fell asleep.

Once rightfully placed in a bed by Myungsoo while Moonsoo and Sungjong dealt with the dishes, as good maknaes should do, the young dad returned to the living room to sit beside Hoya that had been watching Sungyeol and Dongwoo discuss a magic trick. Sungyeol was not willing to tell Dongwoo how he could manage to make a coin levitate.

Give up.” Sungyeol said pushing Dongwoo slightly away.

Dude, do you know how much this could be helpful for me? Teach me! Come on, you love to teach so teach your hyuuuung.” Dongwoo whined.

What are they up to?” Myungsoo asked Hoya though his eyes didn't leave the two that sat on the ground.

Something silly, probably.” Hoya replied but then moved his head to see Moonsoo and Sungjong coming from the kitchen.

We are done.” Moonsoo announced.

Yes, so we can start.” Sungjong rubbed his hands together excitedly as he ran to sit on the ground beside Dongwoo, making Myungsoo innocently frown but some bells ring in Sungyeol head.

What are you up to?” The taller asked his brother as Moonsoo and Hoya sat on the ground.

Me? Nothing, but we...” Sungjong said wickedly as Hoya motioned Myungsoo to join them.

What is happening?” The young dad tentatively asked as he sat on the ground beside Hoya.

Sungyeol growled in warning but it came out louder than he was intending. “LEE SUNGJONG!”

Shhhh, you don't want to wake the kids up.” Moonsoo advised.

Let's play a game.” Hoya said showing his fangs deviously and Dongwoo giggled.

I think it's been fifteen years I last played this game.” The pink haired teacher clasped his hands together in excitement until he remembered something. “Wait, I think I played once in college.” He looked really at loss.

Which game?” Myungsoo asked innocently.

Truth or dare, what else?” Hoya asked as if it was obvious, and it was once he placed a half drunken bottle of water on the ground in the middle of them all, but not for Sungyeol.

How do we play that?” Sungyeol asked already kinda regretting because he had a hunch on where this was going, those four people together were dangerous.

Hyung, you never played truth or dare?” Moonsoo jaw hung open.

So what?” Sungjong turned at his lover slightly glaring and sort of defending his elder brother. “Sungyeol hyung had a lot to deal with in his teenage years, he didn't have time to play around.”

Let's not get into that.” Sungyeol suggested placing a hand on Sungjong forearm to calm him.

But seriously, hyung, you never?” Myungsoo asked a bit surprised.

Did you?” Sungyeol turned his head to inquire his lover.

Yes, once.”

Once?” Sungyeol frowned. “Let me guess, in an MT?”

Myungsoo slightly flushed. “No, not on an MT, but I had a life before Woohyun.” The young dad explained before he remembered he could be interpreted wrongly. “Not that he doesn't let me have one right now...” He was about to explain nervously when Dongwoo waved a hand at him.

You don't need to explain yourself about that.”

I didn't know that.” Moonsoo said almost at the same time. “What happened then?”

Nothing much, people asked me if Ji and I were dating, then I had to take four big glasses of water in one go for a dare. There were many people playing so the bottle didn't point at me anymore after that.” Myungsoo briefly explained and smiled embarrassedly. “I never thought I would pee so much.”

I don't think I'll like to play this game.” Sungyeol said worriedly then looked at his boyfriend.

Come on, it will be interesting.” Hoya tried to encourage his cousin.

For whom? You?” Sungyeol asked in distrust.

Definitely.” Sungjong confirmed only for Moonsoo and Dongwoo to giggle.

I thought you were open to your friends, hyung.” Myungsoo said.

I am but I still have to draw a line sometimes because of they... they...” Sungyeol ended up groaning to himself and continued exasperated. “I don't think you'll like that game either. There are only couples here, they certainly won't ask us to kiss a random person and Sungjong and Hoya together won't settle for drinking water till our bladder burst, they might ask us to make out in front of them.”

Myungsoo looked from Hoya to Sungjong and even Moonsoo (Dongwoo had something in him that made him never be accountable for his naughty acts) in distrust “When you put like that then I don't think I'll enjoy either.” He said carefully and then prepared to get up. “I think we have another card game in my room that we could..”

No.” Hoya pulled him back down. “No card games.”

Hyungs, please, there are a few things I need to know.” Sungjong begged.

He is going to die out of curiosity, I'm not playing.” Moonsoo pointed to his lover.

Maybe it would we be better if we explain what the shipping squad is.” Dongwoo suggested.

Stop with that .” Sungyeol asked annoyed only to hear a collective 'No' he then pulled his hair in frustration.

What is that shipping squad? That's the third time I hear that and nobody ever explains me.” Myungsoo asked curiously.

Awn, can I hug him?” Dongwoo squealed, finding Myungsoo cute.

No.” Hoya said with some jealousy but that made Dongwoo giggle and crawl beside his boyfriend so Moonsoo and Sungjong adjusted their positions.

Ok, I'll explain.” Sungjong volunteered once he settled. “Once upon a time our dear and beloved Sungyeol met a handsome young dad in the lift of their building and instantly hated him...”

Stop.” Sungyeol pleaded.

It's the truth though.” Myungsoo said calmly because he wasn't bothered by their rough start.

Because that hate was purely wrong and because we wanted to annoy him, we founded the shipping squad, where we started coupling you two together.” Sungjong finished part of that explanation not noticing that Myungsoo slightly tensed as he hugged his knees together and paid more attention.

Teasing Sungyeol was a lot of fun until you two started to become close and he started changing.” Hoya continued from where Sungjong stopped making Sungyeol groan. “He entered a very annoying denial phase, at first he denied he had feelings and then he thought you were straight.”

It's not his fault hyung, no one knew, I didn't even know. Our parents didn't know either, though I think mom considered it being possible.” Moonsoo offered.

But then you had this particular talk with Sungyeol that left him freaking out and then the shipping squad came back to all its glory with a new purpose, new members, and a mascot to push you two together for the greater of our nation.” Hoya said passionately.

Mascot?” Moonsoo asked.

Yes, Sunggyu.” Dongwoo offered with a smile until he looked at Myungsoo to see his eyes filling with tears. “Uh, oh.”

Myungsoo inhaled deeply before he talked with a broken and disappointed tone. “So you're basically saying that while I was tiptoeing, being careful on how to open myself, and telling him all my secrets, he was brainwashed into thinking that he likes me back? And all these months he has been toying with my feelings and nothing was real?” His eyes darted everywhere begging for an explanation.

Sungyeol gasped and promptly scrambled to be in front of Myungsoo. “Nooo, what are you talking about? Myungsoo, this isn't it, I wasn't influenced, my feelings are my own.” The others looked at each other tensed, not knowing what to do.

This... this is the first time in my whole life I open up to someone like this and... I-I don't know... My-my own brother is involved, I'm disappointed.” Myungsoo voice cracked and a lonely tear escaped from his eyes. “I can't continue this.” Myungsoo ignored his brother, let go of his legs and slightly pushed Sungyeol hands back to try to get up but Sungyeol pulled his hands down.

No, no, no! Myungsoo, come on, just hear me out. I wasn't... I'm not playing.” Sungyeol said desperately while the younger resisted his hands so he turned around to talk to the others with tears of despair forming. “See what you did? Gosh, I knew that this was going to bring problems someday, tell him this isn't true!” He pleaded then turned back to Myungsoo. “Please, please, you can't do this to us.” He begged.

I'm sorry hyung.” Moonsoo was the first to say guiltily. “I didn't mean to hurt you but it isn't like you are thinking.”

Seeing that Moonsoo was the first one to apologize Dongwoo decided to be the next. “I'm sorry too, but we didn't brainwash him or forced him, I even told him that you two should talk a lot about your feelings before you got together, he took his own decisions.”

We didn't do anything with malice, hyung.” Sungjong said next, his eyes big with apprehension. “You're really important for my brother and I have never seen him so dumbly happy before, your love changed his ways.” He said a bit fearful because Myungsoo seemed to still be struggling and Sungyeol probably didn't have enough force to keep holding him.

Hoya scooted over to help Sungyeol to try to hold Myungsoo in place. “Seriously you have to listen to me, I've been together with Sungyeol almost all my life and I have never seen him with such intense feelings. For god sake, he is trying to get over his fears, traumas, insecurities, and limitations to become what you expect him to be because now he needs you as much as he needs the air that he breathes. If you want to be mad at us it's ok but don't end what you're two have now.” He said seriously.

Myungsoo stopped trying to move to hide his face in his hands and everyone in the living room watched him holding their breaths and waited for his next action.

I swear I'm not lying. Please say something.” Sungyeol gave the younger a final shake but the younger raised one hand up, pushed Sungyeol gently away before he inhaled deeply to talk.

You have been pranked.” He announced and Sungyeol turned around smirking just in time to see Dongwoo letting his body fall ungracefully on the ground, Sungjong eyes water, Hoya expression get dark and Moonsoo look confused, still processing the situation.

What?” Hoya dared to ask angrily.

You planned a prank on us?” Moonsoo said in disbelief, he never thought his brother would conjure a prank, he wasn't that mischievous.

I thought I wouldn't be able to pull through.”Myungsoo said with a relieved sigh and wiping his fake tears.

You did great.” Sungyeol patted him and then turned to face the others. “I know you were planning to corner us somehow, I just knew it, and guess what? I'm never wrong!” The tallest gloated.

My heart was this close to breaking and I think my soul flew out of my body.” Dongwoo said raising a hand to show a small distance between his fingers but didn't move from his position on the ground.

So you are fine?” Moonsoo asked just to be sure.

Yes, yes, we are fine, we are as close as we can be.” Myungsoo smiled showing his dimples and then turned to Sungyeol and the elder close in to give him a peck.

This is the sort of thing you want to see, right?” Sungyeol asked and then moved to sit beside Myungsoo and lean his back on the couch like his boyfriend had been doing, only to grab his lover's hand and interlock their fingers.

Yes, wait, no!” Hoya said crossing his arms upset. “I was scared less and ready to make Myungsoo listen by force. You shouldn't do this with a shipper heart dude, I'll only forgive you if you two kiss properly now.”

Myungsoo blushed a little but looked at Sungyeol hesitantly but with a small smile on his lips and Sungyeol looked back at his lover as if he was the most endearing thing that he had ever seen. It only took Sungyeol a flicker from the younger eyes to his lips before he was leaning in again to give his boyfriend a proper kiss.

Before the kiss became too heated or Hoya could tease them they heard someone getting up so they broke the kiss just in time to see Sungjong passing beside them to go to Moonsoo room.

Wait, Jongie.” Moonsoo called, promptly going after his boyfriend when he saw his boyfriend wipe a tear before opening and closing the door.

I think he was fighting tears.” Dongwoo offered sitting up straight again.

Will he be ok? We just wanted a little turn of tables.” Myungsoo voiced his thoughts.

It is not like Sungjong can't take pranks but I don't think he liked this one.” Hoya frowned before looking at Myungsoo and Sungyeol with scolding eyes. “We really have only Sungyeol best interest in mind and it was too hard for Sungjong to watch his family fall apart. It was especially hard for him to try to be the glue that held everyone together when Sungyeol insisted on a relationship that wasn't going anywhere.” He then focused only at Sungyeol that was already very guilty. “He is not as strong as he tries to show and he often calls me crying and frustrated whenever he gets in a fight with you. I'm sure he didn't tell you this but he was not inclined into getting in a relationship with Moonsoo if he thought Kim's brothers could bring problems to both of you. I bet Moonsoo doesn't even know the number of tests Sungjong put him through to know if both Kim's were worthy.”

Hyung, I appreciate the love, care, advice, and patience but we are not monkeys in a zoo, there are things we don't want to share and we are allowed to have privacy.” Sungyeol tried to justify himself. “you shouldn't be cornering us every chance you get, If I feel like sharing I'll share.”

Ok Sungyeol, but then you should make it clear what you'll share or not, with the problems that you have it isn't like up till now you hid details.” Hoya said sarcastically and Sungyeol avoided his gaze. “Remember when you first told him what was really happening and he cried every time the thought of it crossed his mind? He loves you and he has been over the moon since you two got together. He is even trying really hard to stay away as much as he can to not bother your dynamics with Sunggyu or Myungsoo. He is your number one supporter, he didn't deserve that.”

All of Hoya's words made sense in his head and now he realized the things Sungjong did for him without him knowing. Once he realized that he knew he had to apologize to the maknae for pranking him so Sungyeol inhaled deeply and started getting up a bit nervous because he was never good with those. “Fine, fine.”

You can do it.” Dongwoo and Hoya cheered together.

Fighting.” Myungsoo cheered as well before Sungyeol entered Moonsoo room.

_______________________________________________

Moonsoo, can I have a moment with Sungjong, please?” Sungyeol asked as soon as he closed the door and the said boy looked at his boyfriend, silently inquiring him if it was ok.

Don't go.” The youngest teenager pleaded.

Jongie, it's going to be ok, if you don't want to talk you don't talk but listen to him at least once, hum?” Moonsoo encouraged his lover and once the younger gave a reluctant nod he placed a kiss on the top of his head before he walked towards the door. “If you need me, I'm outside.”

Sungyeol waited for the other boy to leave the room and the approached the bed to sit beside his brother. “I'm sor-” He was about to place both hands in the younger shoulders but Sungjong pushed him away.

Jongie-ah...” He called the boy and this time turned his back on him but kept quiet, waiting. After waiting a few seconds, and guessing that Sungjong wouldn't speak, the elder decided to try other tactics. “Thank you.”

The younger knew Sungyeol didn't say sorry often, instead he cooked a meal, but now that Myungsoo had some influence he thought he would hear at least words of excuses, but Sungjong never imagined his brother would say thank you to him, so he couldn't help turning around squinting his eyes at his brother in suspicion.

I... I never thanked you properly because since mom died you were the one that glued us together.” Sungyeol said as he looked down at his lap and fiddled with his fingers. “You gave love to Sunggyu and you gave me enough room to breathe, often abandoning your other responsibilities to make sure we didn't kill each other.” Sungyeol forced a sad smile, now finding a bit weird that two people an of 16 years were able to fight like that. “You also often put Sunggyu and my emotions first, you always tried to understand us and advise us on how to act towards each other. Even though you fought relentlessly in Sunggyu favor and butted in my personal life, I recognize that you were fighting for our individual needs and for our relationship.”

Sungjong bit his lips, fighting another wave of tears because he didn't like crying in front of others and because Sungyeol hadn't stopped there.

If it wasn't for your advice I think Sunggyu and I would never have made up, if it wasn't for you I would never have stopped to think and maybe I would still be in an abusive relationship, if it wasn't for your encouragement I would never have given Myungsoo a chance as a friend and certainly I would never have the happiness I have with him now, so thank you.”

Are you trying to make me cry or what? Stop that.” Sungjong complained while wiping his face but there was no heat in his voice and that was enough for Sungyeol let out a small smile.

Sungjong, I know it is kinda obvious but I'm changing, I'm improving with everyone important in my life but I wish I could show that in a better way for you.” Sungyeol said carefully with a hint of hope. “I-I would like to stop being only a provider and walking problem and effectively develop my brotherly side with you the same way I'm doing with Sunggyu.” He added almost afraid that Sungjong would reject him.

Sungjong eyes got big and he didn't have a clue on how he was supposed to react.

Back then you were too small to understand certain things but you are already an adult so I want us to be there for each other on the same terms.” Sungyeol insisted and took advantage that Sungjong was kinda frozen until he placed his hand on top of his brother's. “But I get really uncomfortable when you treat my personal life as a game or something made for your enjoyment.”

But...” Sungjong was almost finding his words but he was interrupted by the elder that wanted to finish his speech.

I regret the prank I just did, I really do, I didn't know you'd be so shaken by it.” Sungyeol said with sincerity. “But if you give my new relationship a bit more of respect and I know that we won't become the subject of your teasing, maybe I can open more to you and when you want to know something you'll just have to ask.”

Would you really tell me?” The younger asked a bit doubtful as Sungyeol pulled his hand back.

With a bit of time, yes.” The elder smiled then nudged Sungjong arm a bit with his elbow. “What do you say, hum? Will you forgive this hyung and accept my thanks?” Sungjong avoided Sungyeol gaze but nodded. “Will you be comfortable with a hug to seal the deal? I heard it works wonders.” The younger sighed but scooted closer to Sungyeol to hug him though he still didn't meet his brother's eyes.

They stayed that way for some seconds and as soon Sungyeol noticed Sungjong wanted to part he let go of his brother and smiled. “You're the strongest and bravest from us all, you make me proud.”

Sungjong sighed. “I don't think so, I'm just useless, how can anyone be proud of me when I had never been able to replicate your awesome accomplishments?”

Sungyeol frowned completely, finding totally weird to hear Sungjong saying that, but when the younger didn't say anything he was the one sighing. “What did they say to you?” He asked referring to their parents.

No one said anything, but I could feel that I lacked because I wasn't like you and I got that impression from mom's letters too.” He said sadly. “Dad was ok most of the time, he complimented me every now and then. As for mom... she got overjoyed even if Sunggyu farted, but even if did well in school people didn't even say anything.”

Mom thought it was our obligation to do well, I didn't receive praises as well, only pressure.” Sungyeol didn't think he was defending his mom, he didn't want to, especially when he was yet to read her letters, but that was the sad truth.

The youngest snorted a bit. “But behind your back, she was like: you have to do like Sungyeol, Sungyeol learned how to cook alone, Sungyeol can play the piano well, Sungyeol won a chess tournament... Sungyeol lives alone, Sungyeol can do this, Sungyeol can do that.” Sungjong mimicked her voice. “....and praise, praise, praise, though that all kinda stopped when they started to fight.” He sighed. “By then they couldn't see anything else.”

Ok, that's not cool at all, if I were to be you I'd hate to be compared.” Sungyeol acknowledged as he tried to figure out how Sungjong was feeling.

And I should have hated you at some point but I never could because you would come home and spend so much time to teach me whatever it was...”He sighed a bit embarrassed. “... I kinda owe you a few things... especially when you helped me review for my entrance exams whenever you could, so it isn't like you never supported me.”

Sungyeol couldn't help but smile although he was still a bit worried. He didn't know Sungjong had problems with his self-steam but, just like him, hiding his feelings Sungjong also hid well, they weren't totally different.

He grabbed Sungjong chin and moved to his side so they would be able to lock eyes. “Too bad for her that she couldn't see the amazing children she had right? But you can't say no one feels proud of you. Moonsoo does, Dongwoo hyung does, Hoya drew you and updated all his SNS with your drawing to show everyone how proud he was, Sunggyu felt so proud of you that he squealed despite being down for the whole year and I...” Sungyeol smiled at him fondly. “I was proud of you since you said your first word.”

Sungyeol leaned and planted a kiss on top of his brother's head, a thing that Sungjong wasn't definitely expecting. Before he could say anything or they both could feel embarrassed, Sungyeol got up from the bed. “I'm calling Moonsoo to talk to you now, I think you need more hugs.” He said and quickly left the room, leaving Sungjong kinda confused.

_______________________________________

Whose idea it was to do this?” Hoya asked as soon as Sungyeol closed the door.

Sungyeol hyung.” Myungsoo answered truthfully and Hoya held a smile.

Not bad, he is becoming more playful and that's a good thing.” The teacher smiled satisfied.

We only need to adjust them to each other now and...” Hoya was in the middle of doing some mimic of two pieces put together but stopped when he saw Moonsoo approaching them. “Are they gonna talk?”

Yes.” The younger replied and sat on the couch to look down at the rest. “I'm kinda worried though, Jongie has his feelings always so collected so it's weird seeing him like that.”

That's just a front. Sungjong can be a mess, get used.” Hoya said and then moved his eyes between brothers. “Actually they all are.”

Eh? How so?”

Well, Sungyeol seems like he hates everyone at first because life made him that way before what happened to him he was more like... indifferent. He was not completely impolite but he didn't bother talking to others - and with a talk I mean have conversations and not just saying hi here and there. It takes some time to make Sungyeol look at you as a human being that can care for him and once he notices that he will take everything that he can.”

Both Kim's and Dongwoo frowned so Hoya lifted his hands to explain himself better. “I don't mean that in a bad way. He lived most of his life away from his family without emotional support in some critical moments and now when he feels he can get attention or love from someone, he gets so eager that he jumps on it head first without even checking things and let's just say he had been hurt by this more often than not. But if you are a sincere person and whatever you have with him is mutual, Sungyeol can be reaaaaaaally helpful. I mean, he helped me enter college, then helped me drop from it and the next thing I knew he gave me a bunch of information to help me plan for a life of a webtoon artist and everything just worked.” He looked at Myungsoo eyes and patted his shoulder. “Take good care of him for me, will you?

As for Sungjong.” He looked at Moonsoo. “It seems like he is independent and collected but that's only because he thinks that showing this side of him would make him look weaker in front of most.” Moonsoo made a face as if he didn't understand so Hoya continued. “Most of Sungyeol knowledge is self-taught, he would often surprise his parents with the knowledge they didn't know a boy his age could have so I guess my auntie most of the time didn't know what she was doing with him. When Jongie came I guess she expected for him to be like Sungyeol? When I recall my memories, I often get the impression that she would always expect more of whenever he was just being... normal. At some point he started to work hard to seem strong, to seem independent, to seem smart when inside he is mostly freaking out, hoping he would get out from his brother shadows and be seen for his own merits.”

I hadn't the slightest idea of this.” Moonsoo was shocked.

Don't be like that and don't ever show him pity.” Hoya said seriously. “Sincerity, patience to listen when he needs to rant and appreciation can get you far with him. Especially if you compliment him on his silly and small quirks.” Moonsoo made a determined face and nodded to the elder continued after a tired sigh.

And Sungggyu... I didn't have that much contact with him as I had with the other two. When his parents had him they already were kinda old so the approach with him was really different. It was a blessing for his mother that she managed a pregnancy at her age without complications so Sunggyu didn't have much pressure to be like his bothers, he just needed to exist healthily. As for his father, Jongwan-shi spoiled Sunggyu in any way he could because on his side Sunggyu was the only son. Jongwan treated Sungjong in a friendly way and he wanted to treat Sungyeol like that too but he was always seen as an enemy by Sungyeol because he thought his mom was prancing around like a school girl in love when he was at his worst and not doing anything about it. At the end, because his mother always talked about Sungyeol accomplishments, only Sunggyu, that didn't know him that well, got the impression he was the most perfect thing ever and aspired to be like him but the one always there for him it was Sungjong so he is more prone to show love for Sungjong. Yes... that's basically them in a nutshell.”

Wow. That's really complicated, I'm not even going to pretend that I understand everything.” Dongwoo said. “My parents have three kids and despite my middle sister being a bit of a troublemaker we grew up very united.”

We weren't also raised like that. Our parents treat us equally most of the time and they often encouraged friendship, teamwork, companionship, and sharing between us, even though we have some . They also encouraged individuality and used different approaches to get to the same result.” Moonsoo said as he thought about it. “We had some spats because kids fight and makeup but it was kind of rare?”

It is rare.” Myungsoo corrected his brother then turned at Hoya. “Such discrepancies made them grow apart right?”

How do I explain that?” Hoya asked himself. “When they started living together it was when they really started to know each other and that's what I think it really brought problems. First, Sungyeol felt burdened and lost for the first time, he had no clue on how to take all responsibility for his brothers. Secondly, Sunggyu discovered Sungyeol wasn't so cool as he thought and he demanded things that Sungyeol was already bad at it. Thirdly, Sungjong took upon himself to be their mediator but that often frustrated him beyond belief and his relationship with Sungyeol could have been very bad - especially before their parents divorced - but it never was never, they drifted a lot due to all the fights they had last year.”

How were they before living together?” Moonsoo asked curiously.

Humm, Sungyeol lived with me for a period of time and then he got his own apartment, he barely visited home since he was seven. When he came, it often felt like he didn't really belong. I mean, everything his mother tried with him backfired in a way or another when he was a kid and as he grew up everything was just worse. In the rare moments he visited, his visits were quick, he never acknowledged Sunggyu and the boy always thought that it was because Sungyeol was always busy being awesome elsewhere. What Sunggyu didn't know was that Sungyeol and auntie fought hard before he was born, and I think the only reason he ever visited his mom after Sunggyu birth was to check on Sungjong because they got very close when their father died.”

So they were close before?” Myungsoo asked.

Hoya giggled. “As close a person can be with Sungyeol, yeah. It was frustrating for me but it was kinda cute in their own way.” Hoya said absently minded as he memories came alive in his head.

Howon observed the two in the living room ground and inhaled deeply, his new parents and their parents were hoping that they would become friends but he hadn't been having much luck every time they met. Sungjong was too small to know what he was doing and Sungyeol... well, Sungyeol had absolutely zero interest in him, still, he decided to try again.

He scooted next to the pair of brothers. “Hi, what are you doing?” He asked but the boy his age didn't even acknowledge him.

Hippopotamus.” He said shaking a toy in front of the youngest but the boy just looked from one boy to the other and smiled mischievously. “Hippopotamus.” He repeated.

That word is complicated, I don't think he will learn that.” Howon tried to give an advice but the boy his age just gritted his teeth and shook the toy in front of his brother again.

Hippopotamus.” He insisted.

Have you tried something shorter as... car?” He looked from the other boy to the baby. “Say car.”

Ha.” The boy replied as he tried to give Hoya some random toy he had in his hands.

That was far from it.” Howon acknowledged awkwardly as he picked up the toy.

APPA, WHY WON'T HE LEARN?” Sungyeol yelled in frustration which made Hoya become startled but the baby opened big eyes.

Sungyeol, are you scaring your brother?” His father asked from the dinner table where he was having a conversation with his brother and his sister in law.

No, I'm trying to teach him!” Sungyeol replied indignantly as if he would dare to scare his baby brother.

It's ok if he doesn't talk right now, you took your time to talk too.” The father tried to coax but that only made Sungyeol look at him.

I've read in a book that babies start to say their first words when they are a year old. Sungjong is two years and two months old, he should have been saying something by now.” The boy said with conviction and that made Howon feel really dumb beside him, he knew nothing about babies.

Leave him alone Sungyeol-ah, go play with Howon for now, I'm watching him from here.” His father ordered.

Do you like Pokémon?” Hoya tried to get his cousin interested in him but the other boy didn't move an inch, he just shook the push toy he had in his hands in front of his brother again.

Hippopotamus.” He coaxed trying to smile this time and Sungjong spent about two seconds looking at him to forget what just happened and to make some noise.

Hi-” The boy halted his words and Sungyeol gasped happily, was his brother about to talk?

Hippopotamus.” He insisted shaking the toy in front of Sungjong again and Hoya sighed in frustration.

Hihihihihi.” Sungjong just laughed and tried to get the toy but Sungyeol pulled away.

Are you teasing me?” He asked squinting his eyes at his brother. “Hippopotamus.”

Hy-” The boy stopped whatever he was gonna say and looked into his brother's eyes.

You can do it, you can do it.” Sungyeol cheered. “Hippopotamus.”

-ung.” The baby said and Sungyeol leaned back and squinted his eyes again.

Oh my god he just spoke.” Hoya cheered and the adults came running beside them.

What?” Sungyeol asked because wasn't really sure he heard correctly. “He said hyung?”

Jonggie, say it again.” Their father begged.

Hyung.” Now the baby straight pointed to Sungyeol and as everyone cheered, laughed or awed.

Wow.” Sungyeol marveled for a bit, feeling proud, but then quickly shook his head and pointed to the toy. “Let's try again, Hippopotamus. Come on, you can do it.”

Hyung!” Sungjong repeated laughing away.

Sungyeol takes time to open up and it takes some huuuuuuuge time for one to get his trust completely - at least it was like that with me - but he was a good hyung for Sungjong in the beginning. Maybe if they spent more time together when they were kids they would be very tightly bonded right now.” Hoya said his honest opinion.

How about you?” Dongwoo asked.

Me? I was simply there. I often took care of Sungjong whenever our parents were busy and that made us really close because I sort of took Sungyeol place when he was away. Sunggyu... he's more alike to Sungyeol than both of them can see but we all have so something in common, so sooner or late I got close to them individually.” Hoya tried to explain what he didn't need to explain.

In common?” Both Myungsoo and Moonsoo asked together.

Yes, we are afraid of being alone. The difference is that Sunggyu fears people he likes are going to die and you could guess that happened because of the accident and the bullying. As for Yeol and I... we fear to be abandoned by people we love and trust.” He paused to swallow hard and avoid everyone's gaze. “It happened before, traumatically, for both us.” He added and Dongwoo instantly moved close to hug him tightly.

Myungsoo didn't exactly know what Hoya was talking to when it came to him but he understood right then that his boss was probably talking about how Sungyeol parents acted when he was being bullied. Moonsoo though didn't know about that so he wanted to ask, the only thing that prevented him from doing so was the door opening and Sungyeol calling his name.

Moonsoo, Sungjong needs you now.” The taller called as he approached the group.

How did the conversation go?” Moonsoo asked, already getting up.

Fine, I did what I could and now is up to you.” Sungyeol forced a smile and patted the younger shoulder and with that Moonsoo nodded and then hurried to where his lover was. For the short seconds until the door closed against Moonsoo's back Sungyeol observed the other three. Hoya seemed a bit ashamed and Dongwoo was hugging him, probably for comfort, while Myungsoo was just emitting awkward vibes. He could feel some tension in the air.

What's up? What were you guys talking about?” He asked with some tension in his tone as he sat on where Moonsoo had been previously.

Nothing much.” Hoya forced a smile.

Hoya here was telling us how you taught Sungjong to speak.” Dongwoo said to try to lighten up the atmosphere even though he didn't stop hugging his lover.

I'd be very proud if Moonsoo first word were to be 'hyung' when he started talking he used to call me cat.” Myungsoo added. “It was really sweet of you to try to teach him how to talk.” He assured and patted his lover's knee.

Dongwoo and even Hoya giggled finding what Myungsoo said amusingly. “It must be the smile, you ha a kitten-like smile.” The teacher offered and Myungsoo shrugged.

Sungyeol held a smile at that memory, he couldn't really help feeling proud, but soon enough he shook his head. “I'm not that good hyung, I didn't notice he was having self-steam problems because of me. Why didn't you tell me?”

That's not really your fault.” Dongwoo offered.

And I didn't tell you because Sungjong didn't want to. Right now he is in an environment totally different from yours and where he can be himself and have his own merits, that's really helping him. But here it is a tip: he likes when you follow his advice so if you have a fashion problem seek him out.”

Still... I should have...” Sungyeol was about to disagree but Myungsoo got up to sit beside Sungyeol on the couch as the other two observed them

Don't start.” Myungsoo said firmly. “Remember what I told you in the beginning? People don't change overnight. You're changing because you're set to it, you just need more practice and then it will become a part of you.” Myungsoo placed a hand around Sungyeol back and the other on his knee while both Hoya and Dongwoo turned to each other to smile.

Do you really think so?” Sungyeol asked as he fumbled with his fingers.

Of course.” Myungsoo smiled.

Hoya elbowed Dongwoo and motioned for him to leave. Lately, Sungyeol was becoming more aware of people around him to the point to get really worried when they had the slight problem, it happened with Myungsoo, Sunggyu, Woohyun, him and now with Sungjong. But Hoya knew that Myungsoo had a way of helping the taller with that, so it was no surprise when Sungyeol focused completely on Myungsoo to get some tip and didn't even notice the older couple leaving the living room quietly.

 

_________________________________________________________________

AN: wow, almost 10k words, I think this is the biggest chapter I ever wrote for this fic, but well I wanted an excuse to talk about Sungjong and Hoya a bit because Hoya at least will be very necessary for the future. On the other hand, I'm quite upset, college never ends, and I was supposed to finish my exams this week but now I have a contagious disease and I can't leave home til Tuesday I think, at least. Urrrrgh. Next update next week, not sure exactly what day.