Memories of a third party - Irony

Tangled
 
 

Moonsoo sighed deeply and looked down the table.

Jihyun! Jihyun!” She heard her name being called as she stomped her feet around the house until she finally entered her room (that she shared with Myungsoo) and closed the door with a loud bang.

The girl gently lets her body fall on the bed and hid her face on the pillow to purposely hide her tears and muffle her sobs, she couldn't believe it the news she just received. No, this had to be some mistake, why this was happening to her? Why her life was being tragedy after tragedy? Why this now?

A quiet knock interrupted her cryings and she heard Myungsoo voice softly calling her. “Ji, can I enter?”

Go away! Leave me alone!” She yelled.

Myungsoo knocked again. “I don't think you should be alone now Ji, I'm here for you, let me in.” He placed his ear on the door to listen better but either the answer was given in a really low or he was purposely ignored which made the boy by his side worried.

Will she be ok?” An eleven-year-old Moonsoo asked and his brother sighed deeply.

The doctor didn't say good things this time, she is upset.” He tried to explain as he patted his brother's head.

Is the baby sick?” The boy asked getting even more worried.

You don't have to be worried, we just have to be careful with some things.” Myungsoo forced a smile.

Hyung, why do you seem so calm? I don't know what's going on but if I were you and my baby was to be sick I would be scared less.” The boy said exasperatedly.

Myungsoo looked down at his feet for a moment before he locked eyes with his brother. “I am, I am afraid Moonsoo, I'm only fifteen and I just got married, I'm going to be a dad and then Jihyun and our babies might get sick and...”

Wait, right there, did you just used the plural?”

Yes, Ji is pregnant with twins, but it's too early to know their gender.” Myungsoo smile now proudly then patted his brother head again. “As I said, don't worry, it is just that with twins we have to take more care. I am afraid because I don't want anything bad happening to Ji and our babies but if I panic it would be bad for her. She has crazy hormones going on and it wasn't that long ago that her mother... not to mention she received not so good news today as well so she has every right to be sensitive. I have to be calm to help her go through this, for everyone's sake, panicking would be no good.”

Moonsoo looked down as if thinking, he didn't exactly know what was going on but his brother was right, panicking wouldn't help his noona.

Go set the table and help mom, I'll talk to her and then we'll eat ok?” He said and the younger nodded.

I love them, I love the twins already and I also love noona. Please tell her to take care, ok?” The younger pleaded and the elder nodded. “And congratulations for your newest baby, hyung.”

Thank you Moonsoo.” Myungsoo chuckled and the younger turned around and ran toward the kitchen, leaving Myungsoo alone to try again with Jihyun. “Ji?” He knocked and called but the girl didn't answer so he quietly opened the door and entering the room.

He looked at her, spread on their big bed and with her face on the pillows to muffle her sobs and hide her face, that scene made his heart hurt, so he moved quietly and then tried to lay next to her in a similar position, but since she didn't move or yell he was able to reach a hand and caress her hair.

Open up to me.” He pleaded and it took a while and a lot of sobs until she turned his face to him.

Oppa, why?”

Why what Ji?” He asked softly as he kept caressing her hair. “Are you worried because now it's two babies? I already told you, you don't have to worry, I will help you all the way, we will get through this together.”

But haven't you heard what the doctor said?” She said with a pained voice.

Yes.” Myungsoo said with a heavy sad sigh.”But it doesn't matter, I will take care of you and you won't have any problems.” He tried to assure her but as she stayed quiet he thought it was better. “I promise you.”

Now setting the table wasn't a very difficult or long task, not to mention that reheating food in the microwave also didn't take that long, so it didn't take long for Moonsoo to go back to the young couple bedroom to announce food was ready to eat. An easy task he had right? But suddenly that was very hard to do when he noticed the door, that usually was closed when the couple was inside, open and heard the two talking.

Hm? Talk to me.” Myungsoo pleaded.

I'm so scared.” She admitted. “You keep saying you'll take care of me but I keep feeling this won't be enough.”

What do you mean?” Moonsoo heard his brother's voice come out concerned.

I...I don't know. You know that at first, I didn't want the baby...” Moonsoo was about to gasp in horror but he managed to put a hand on his mouth not to give himself away. “ then you convinced me otherwise and I want it, but now it's double the trouble oppa, I can't let you be tied this way to me, we have to tell the truth to your family.”

Shhhhhhh!” Myungsoo hissed with some anger. “We are past the point of no return, we can't tell them and if your pregnancy will have some risks we definitely need their support!”

Oppa, I love your parents, they already doing a lot for me, but this is wrong.” She tried to coax him but Myungsoo was irreducible.

No Jihyun, we are in no position to tell them.”

Oppa, you can't just raise two kids that aren't yours like this. We married, we can explain to your parents that you want to be a father, but they need to know, I am afraid Karma will come to us.” She whined.

Nam Jihyun, we made a deal!” He hissed. “You'd give me chance in fatherhood in exchange for the support until you can get on your two feet, for that support we need to lie, there is no way back you know it. Once we can pay them back we tell them.” He ended up conceding but something told Jihyun that she shouldn't believe him, Myungsoo wish to be a father was too strong, he would never reveal that secret.

She sighed deeply, she wouldn't be able to convince him now and he was right about one thing, she definitely would need their support during the pregnancy so she decided that once the babies were born before they were registered, she would tell the truth.

I'm sorry, I'm just really scared.” She ended up apologizing.

I know, I know, I'm scared too, but we can't falter on this, we need this ok?” Myungsoo said as he tried to hug her on the bed.

Moonsoo was stunned outside the room, he definitely couldn't enter and call his brother though he knew he couldn't come back without calling him, his mother would definitely ask so he simply stood there with his brain in short circuit.

So you heard us.” Myungsoo concluded as he leaned back in his chair with a defeated expression.

Moonsoo nodded guiltily, this is why I tried to make myself scarce whenever she was present for the next couple of weeks, I didn't know how to process that.”

But you kept a secret till now, why?” Myungsoo seemed confused. “Why you never confronted me?”

Mom travels a lot and there was never a proper time to tell dad.” The younger told his brother reluctantly. “Besides, a couple weeks later noona and I had a conversation.”

It was a Saturday like just any other on the Kim household, once more Sonmi had been traveling for work, Bumsoo had to go to his office because of a mistake one of his underlings did while Myungsoo had some basketball training in the morning and Moonsoo had overslept after playing some game all night long.

The boy woke up craving for food so the logical thing was to get something to eat now before his brother arrived home because then he would be forced to have lunch with his brother and his sister in law. He snorted with the thought, that was the biggest joke of the century. He didn't think he would be able to wrap his mind in that so soon but he decided not to in, he knew the both of them were aware that their secret could explode on their faces later.

As he passed with a bowl of cereal back to his room something he had been avoiding for a couple of weeks happened: Jihyun called him.

Moonsoo-ah, can you come here please?” She called and Moonsoo immediately stopped and groaned. Liking or not her and his brother lies she was still a pregnant woman with a risky pregnancy, if anything were to happen it would harm innocent babies and of course it would be him the one to call the ambulance.

Do you need anything noona?” He asked as he poked his head inside the room, doing his best to seem normal.

Can you brainstorm baby names with me? There is a possibility of the twins having different genders.” She said with a smile and Moonsoo felt awkward.

Isn't that Myungsoo hyung job?”

Yeah but his suggestions are ty.” She laughed as she picked a paper to read. “What do you think of Boohyun?” She asked but Moonsoo didn't answer and once she noticed that she raised her eyes to look at him. “Is there anything wrong with you?”

I can't.” The boy said with a strained voice.

Oh yeah, you've been quite busy lately, do you have anything to do now?” She blinked innocently and Moonsoo avoided her eyes so she easily put the pieces together. “You've been avoiding me on purpose. Moonsoo, have I done something to you?” She asked worriedly.

No~!” Moonsoo said frustrated as he placed the bowl of cereals he was holding on the couple desk and approached her. “Noona, I love you as if you were a sibling and I don't want to in when you have so many problems and stressing you can hurt your babies but I know ok, I know they aren't Myungsoo's hyung kids!” The boy said frustrated.

Jihyun tightened her grip on the paper she was holding and her eyes immediately produced some tears but she was able to force a smile on her face once she placed the paper down on the bed she was laying. “I feel very relieved that you discovered somehow“.

I overheard a conversation between you and Myungsoo hyung.” The boy admitted awkwardly. “But... I saw you two together...”He added confused.

I-we-we...”She stuttered with blushing cheeks. “That was staged. Myungsoo oppa never touched me in an inappropriate way. Every little touch, every little kiss we do is staged, Myungsoo oppa will never look at me like that and I also don't look at him like that, we're friends.”

Noona!” Moonsoo was horrified and extremely disappointed with her. “We know you for ten years! TEN YEARS! “

I know, I know!” She said as she looked down at her lap before she sighed and rubbed her face a bit before looking at him again. “Moonsoo, I want you to know that I am aware that this a very bad thing and, it doesn't matter the way you look at it, it will always seem like I'm taking advantage of Myungsoo oppa and your parents and that's because I am.”

Why are you doing this?” He asked in a hopeless tone.

Do you wanna know? I can't tell you some details but I can tell you why this is happening.” She offered but she wasn't sure he would take the offer, but she was surprised by the boy moving ahead and sitting in the corner of the bed.

Then please explain it, because I can't understand anything.” The boy pleaded frustrated.

Jihyun looked down her lap and played with her fingers a bit to find her strength, but Moonsoo was already here and he already knew, whatever he decided to do it with the information she was about to give to him she knew that it was her fault.

As you already know Myungsoo oppa isn't the father of the twins.” She started carefully. “I fell in love with this sunbae and oppa tried to tell me he was a bad guy but I didn't want to believe it. When I got pregnant I told the father but he... he didn't care about it....” Moonsoo sighed deeply, what a mess. “...so I got really scared, I'm fifteen, I have no financial means or psychological structure to raise a kid and, knowing that my mother treated me as a burden all my life, I knew she would kick me out, which she did.”

Your mom is crazy and evil and crazy and evil... you get it.” The boy rambled because... well, that was the truth, if her mother hadn't kicked her out there was no way she would be here with his family.

At first I wanted to abort, I asked your brother to go to a clinic with me but he was strongly against it, he said he wouldn't let me kill this innocent life, that now are two, and that he wouldn't let me go to a procedure that could kill me too.” She slowly caressed her belly. “The other option was going through the pregnancy, but at that point, it didn't matter if I would raise it or give for adoption, I wouldn't have a place to go or money to support me through this and this was when Myungsoo oppa came up with this idea. ”

Wait, are you telling me that this was hyung's idea? Why would he put himself into this?” The young boy couldn't understand.

Because he wanted to.” She said in a sad tone. “He is just looking after me.”

Why?” The boy seemed way more lost now.

Jihyun sighed deeply. “Because I'm a friend in need because he wants to be a dad - he said countless of times before – and because he has some private reasons as well.” She tried to explain but when she saw her younger friend with a dumbfounded place she added something more. “I don't think I should tell you his reasons, this is something for him to tell you himself when he's ready.“

Ok, fine, whatever. What bugs me the most is why you two have to lie, our parents are supportive noona and they would have taken you and your babies in regardless.” The boy reasoned.

Because your brother thought they would draw a line and wouldn't let him take full responsibility, I mean, they wouldn't let Myungsoo oppa put his name on the babies register and this is exactly what your brother wants.” She said a bit exasperated. ”If I were to be sincere I don't want to lie, I don't want oppa to throw his youth away and be tied to the babies like I am. This is my fault so I should be the only one to deal with, but instead, I dragged everyone in.” She stated in a mix of guilt and regret.

You say you don't want to do these things but that is exactly what you've been doing.” The boy shook his head in disappointment. ” Once you and hyung married my parents were over the moon with the idea of being grandparents and now that they know there will be two babies instead of one they are even more, don't you think that won't hurt them?”

I don't think it will hurt them, I am sure this will hurt them.” She said in a sad guilty tone. ”But Myungsoo oppa is my best friend and he wants to be the babies father so badly, that telling your parents would also devastate him.” She ran her hands over her face. “I'm so torn, I know lying is wrong but Myungsoo oppa had always being there for me and is helping me so much right now... and since I was, am, in a very bad situation I hadn't much choice aside accepting.” She sighed showing her own frustration.”But it isn't like I plan to stay like this forever you know?”

Huh?” Moonsoo raised a surprised brow.

When the babies are born and I am healthy again I will tell your parents.” She confessed.

What if they decide not have your back anymore?” Moonsoo scratched his head he was skeptical.

She sighed. “I haven't thought that far ahead.” She confessed looking down her belly and caressing it. “I love my babies now and I want to keep them, but if everything goes badly I rather give them away to someone that can raise them well.”

Moonsoo rolled their eyes.”Stupid noona, my parents are never going to let you do that if you really want them.”

But they can at least force some sense into your brother. He is my best friend and he can help me all he wants, but he doesn't have to be married and tied with me this young. He can still enjoy his life, keep playing basketball, go to university and party hard there, I don't know.” She shrugged.

Moonsoo rubbed his temples as he felt a headache coming. “Knowing Myungsoo hyung, he won't do that if you're not there with him, you're kind of glued together.”

You're right.” She chuckled sadly and sighed regretfully. “I tried so badly to tell him this was too much but he insisted on making this lie more credible... I wasn't in a good state of mind to think this deeply. But now my head is clear, if Myungsoo hyung still doesn't want to tell the truth once the babies are born I will work hard to find a job so I can raise my kids and pay your parents back for everything, then I am going to divorce him.” She said the last part with confidence.

She waited for some reaction out of the kid in front of her but he stayed quiet, processing his thoughts until she became a bit nervous. ”Now you know almost everything. How do you feel about it? What will you do?”

Moonsoo was surprised. When he first heard his brother and his noona talking he thought she was using him to gain some serious advantages, but after knowing his brother was the one that actually forced her to lie for some unknown reason, he wasn't sure what to think anymore. But, now that she opened up to him and showed that she was pretty decided to not let this go on forever, this calmed his heart a bit, she seemed like the noona he knew all his life all over again.

I feel bad noona.” He confessed.”I love you, you're a very nice girl but you have a really bad fate.” She forced a crooked but very sad smile when he said that. “And you're even sick.”

I just have to rest and take care of the food I eat.” She tried to brush it off.

He was pensive for a couple of seconds before he talked again.“I don't know how our parents will react upon knowing the truth, they might feel betrayed but maybe they won't care because they are already too attached to the kids, I will leave the decision of telling the truth to you and Myungsoo hyung.” He ended up saying.

Are you saying you're gonna keep this a secret as well?” She asked dumbfounded.

Yeah, as of today I will pretend I didn't hear that conversation. You don't even need to tell Myungsoo hyung that I know, you two are in too much trouble already, I don't want to be another problem. I will keep loving you and your two mandu's and we are going to be one hell of a family. ” He said confidently and she giggled at the nickname Moonsoo was using after a couple weeks.

Thank you Moonsoo, this is very weird but very sweet of you.” She said with a kind smile though she was still a bit confused.

You know noona...” He said a bit shyly. “ I saw somewhere that friends are the family that you choose.” She looked at him kind of confused, not understanding where he was getting at. “You're my friend, therefore you're my family too, so if Myungsoo hyung wants to be your babies father I can be your babies cool uncle.”

But I will keep trying to talk to your brother about this, I don't really like lying, but I can't do it before the babies are born because of my health, you know I can't get stressed this is why your brother has been winning these fights.” She then added in a finally playful tone. “You know he has nothing on me normally, once the babies are born he is done for.”

Yeah, hyung is kind of lame like that.” Moonsoo agreed. “He can't even choose a good name for his kids. Boohyun is totally fine if the other is a boy, what about Soohyun if it's a girl?” He suggested.

She smiled and grabbed the paper she had been writing some babies names to chose later. “You're way better at this than your brother, Soohyun, I like Soohyun.” She mumbled as she wrote the name down then looked up at him with big eyes. “What if it's two girls?”

What about Taehyun? It's uni!”

You're way smarter than your brother.” She said then finally laughed hard.

Myungsoo crossed his arms and made a weird pout. “I'm not that bad at giving names. Choa was a good name.”

Minsoo is lame though.” Moonsoo said which made his brother snort but the elder instead of bickering back avoided his eyes and stayed silent for some minutes.

So she explained everything to you.” Myungsoo admitted in a reluctant way.

Not everything.” Moonsoo kindly remembered. “She didn't tell me why you wanted to be her kids' dad soo badly, but, now that you told me you are gay it makes sense you would jump at that opportunity. You can't produce your own kids with another man and the Korean government prefers kids to be adopted by straight couples.”

Myungsoo didn't say anything but his eyes started to water and before he knew some very heavy tears started to pour. “What I was supposed to do-do? I knew her mother was very evil but-but deep down I hoped that maybe if-if I were to take the responsibility and marry Ji at-at least she would accept the pregnancy and stay beside her-her and that would mean the kids would have a family. And-and I tried my best to be the best father I co-could since day one and-and....” He ranted stuttering.

Hey, hey, hey.” Moonsoo interrupted his brother to get his attention. “I'm not discussing your parenting skills. You have to juggle a lot of things and we help you because of that, but all in all, you are a wonderful dad.” Moonsoo said in an assertive tone and Myungsoo quickly nodded and wiped his tears.

I guess you did a lot for me without me even knowing as well, thank you. Thank you for not telling mom and dad.” Myungsoo said with sincerity and Moonsoo sighed.

Hyung, even though I know the story, I know all the reasons and I support you, it doesn't change the fact that I still think you shouldn't lie. It's been seven years hyung and you always have to lie more to make sure no one discovers your first lie.” Moonsoo kind of scolded frustrated. “I don't know who Woohyun biological father is, noona never told me that, but he doesn't look like her and it won't take long for excuses like 'he looks like her father or you when you were a kid to work', you won't be able to hide all the pictures of you and noona as kids forever. At some point, mom and dad will notice, and Woohyun will start questioning why he doesn't look like you soon.”

I know and I am deeply aware of all of that, this has been consuming me for the past seven years.” He leaned over the table and rubbed his face in his hands. “But this is such a delicate subject, I don't even know where to start.”

Hyung, you're actually lucky that you and Woohyun have such an open and close relationship, you just have to stop lying, tell him the truth and apologize, I'm sure Woohyun will still love you the same.” The younger reasoned.

I don't know. I just... I don't know, I have to think about how to do that, I don't want to hurt him.” Myungsoo said in exasperation as looked at his brother. “I think he will hate me if he knows I forced his mom to lie so I could be selfish and have him and his sister as my children. He will definitely be disappointed because I didn't follow what I preach.”

He will forgive you in the end though, Woohyun likes everyone but he idolizes you. You're, liking or not, everything he has.” The younger tried to cheer the elder up.

Myungsoo crossed his arms over the table and looked at it. “I don't know I just don't know.”

The conversation was suddenly interrupted by the lady at the balcony that screamed for Myungsoo name for the umpteenth time, they were so into their conversation that it seemed like they didn't listen to the girl yelling their names twice. The younger decided to get the receipt and get their order so he could give his brother a couple of seconds to recompose himself, but when he got back and saw his brother still pensive he decided to ask something that could take his hyung mind out of such heavy thoughts.

Hyung, why you chose now, from all of all times, to tell me you're gay?” The boy asked in genuine curiosity as he sat back down again and Myungsoo bit his lips. “Come on, I know your biggest secret, everything else pales next to it.” The boy insisted.

Myungsoo cleared his throat and scratched his head only to shift a bit in his seat, still, Moonsoo stood there looking at him as if telling him 'just let it all out.

I... I love Woohyun with all my heart and every fiber of my being and I am very happy to be the dad of that wonderful child...” He started and Moonsoo lifted a brow, he didn't know what that obvious part had to do with his brother timing. “... but sometimes... sometimes I feel like something is missing...”

Hum...” Moonsoo said as he slurped a bit of his juice. “You're twenty-three and you already have been through a lot of phases ahead of time not to mention Woohyun is a kid and your son, he can't give you the love and comprehension that you need.”

Yeah...I feel lonely.” Myungsoo admitted with a sigh.

This is to be expected, it just baffles me the amount of time you took to admit that.But considering that you had to take care of Woohyun and deal with the way he thinks about you and Jihyun noona, I guess that you wouldn't have had space to, you know, date or something, not to mention that you'd have to find a boy that didn't mind Woohyun and... ” Moonsoo scratched his head in frustration. “Hyung if you want I can take care of Woohyun for you to go out, but you'll go into a lot of trouble to date, I don't know if Woohyun will like this... You'll have to do something about that.”

I know.” Myungsoo rubbed his hands over his face. “Sooner or later I will have to.” He added then sighed. “But I don't want to go to all that trouble if the person isn't worthy.... in other words, I don't want to tell him before I decide to get serious and enter a relationship.”

Well, that's understandable.” Moonsoo agreed then slurped his juice one more time. It's not like you will starting dating as soon as you find a boy, you need a bit of time getting to know each other and flirt.” Suddenly an idea seemed to pop in the younger mind. “What if I stay with Woohyun this Saturday so you can go to a club or... hey there is this place Sungjong and I go all the time and..”

Actually, it is not necessary.” Myungsoo kindly declined the offer which made Moonso tilt his head in confusion. “I already know someone.” The elder explained much for Moonsoo delight.

Already? The younger was surprised. “Tell me more about it, who is it? Is it someone from your class? From another major? From your team? Another single dad you met in Woohyun school?”

Single Dad.” Myungsoo snorted. “No, I met him somewhere else.” Myungsoo added a bit shyly but Moonsoo gave him a look that practically screamed 'SPILL'. “I don't know exactly when this happened but lately... lately I feel like I have been growing feelings for Sungyeol hyung.”

Moonsoo eyes got big and all that he could do was let his jaw hang low, he definitely didn't expect that so his brain practically short-circuited and the elder brother had to snap his fingers in front of his face so the younger could snap back to reality.

Hyung, seriously?” The younger asked in disbelief only to see his brother's face started to get red. “You like him?”
“Yes, I mean, no!” The elder blurted nervously then sighed. “I don't know, I really don't know. I just want to spend time with him and enjoy him and, I don't know, it's different from what I feel around Minho, Jungshin and even Jihyun.”

Ok then, you have a crush.” Moonsoo concluded then pushed his juice aside to place his elbow on the table and rest his chin on one of his hands before letting out a sigh. “Hyung, I am truly happy you're being completely open to me and I know Sungyeol hyung is my boyfriend brother, and this already makes me his brother in law or something, but I can't help but worry a bit about this because... Sungyeol hyung can be really weird, and I think Sungjong said he had a bit of dark past too.”

Moonsoo...” Myungsoo smiled a bit bitterly as he looked down the table a bit pensive. “Who am I to complain over that when I have the secrets that I have?” He then raised his eyes to look directly into the younger's. “I am very aware of what you just said, but Sungyeol hyung is trying very hard to change and as things in his life fall into place everything about him gets better. I think we are in a good place for some time already.” He said in a confident tone.

Sungjong also says that.” The teenager agreed. “If you're not worried about that then I won't be either, but hyung, considering the things I hear from Sungjong, Sungyeol hyung is very confident in his uality, he has even dated a couple guys already, do you think, you know you can deal with that?”

Myungsoo suddenly became completely red as he understood Moonsoo was indirectly asking if he was confident he would please Sungyeol in bed when he didn't have experience.

Yah!” Myungsoo instantly complained and, in one of his rare childish moments, kicked his brother shin under the table. “The hell you're asking me?”

Hey! That's a really valid question.” Moonsoo half complained half laughed. “You didn't have much time to date in the past or did you hook up with someone else when I wasn't looking?”

The boy promptly received another kick in his shins. “I'm not discussing that with you!” He blurted then got Sungjong juice and Sungyeol coffee then got up to leave.

Hey, wait for me!” The boy pleaded as he scooped his own cup of juice and followed his brother. “I can give you some tips hyung!” The boy said laughing, having a good time teasing his brother.

Who asked you for tips?” Myungsoo growled as he stepped into the street. “I don't need tips from you.” He said indignantly. “If I were to follow your tips I'd have to spend months pining over him like you did with Sungjong.” He added as he looked around the street before crossing it and Moonsoo hurried followed him only to grab his elbow and spin him around once they were on the sidewalk. “Yah, you're going to make me spill it!”

The younger totally ignored his brother. “What do you mean by that?”

By that what? ” Myungsoo asked back.

Hyung are you two....” Moonsoo tried to ask but didn't dare to finish his sentence, he was too surprised.

Myungsoo blinked then slowly smirked. “Don't think I will wait now that I have made a decision, I already made a move.”

Moonsoo gasped shocked. “You! Oh my god, what did you do? When?”

Myungsoo shrugged. “It doesn't matter, but I have you know that after we came back from Incheon he slept in my bed two times already.” Myungsoo said with a triumphant smile just to throw Moonsoo off, he wouldn't take his brother teasing and the younger didn't need to know that they didn't do much in bed, at least not right now.

Damn.” Moonsoo lets go of his brother to look at him with some kind of admiration which made Myungsoo internally pleased but he made sure to clear one important part up.

We are currently testing each other to see if this is going to work out before we decide to become a couple so for the life of god don't tell Woohyun, I'll tell him myself once I discover if Sungyeol is worthy of that.” He said the last part as a warning before he added something else. “If you're comfortable then you can tell Woohyun about Sungjong if you want.”

I-I..” For a brief moment Moonsoo stuttered, he was really shocked.

I can explain to him if you want.” Myungsoo suggested and his brother quickly recomposed himself.

I don't need hyung, I think Woohyun already knows, you saw how he spilled my feelings in Sunggyu birthday. I don't want to be awkward with him.”

OK, talking to him myself it is.” Myungsoo concluded. “Don't think too much about it, Woohyun will be happy that you're happy, it is not like you're cheating his mother.” He added with a sad stretch of his lips before turning around and going inside the karaoke place where The other four were waiting for them.

Moonsoo stood there for some seconds, only then downing on him how hard this was going to be for his brother, and how very little he could help his brother with whatever he needed, Woohyun was going to be a huge problem for whatever relationship Myungsoo wanted to have, With Sungyeol or not, and it wasn't goint to be easy to appease the boy.

________________________________________________________________

We're here! Myungsoo announced as he entered the noraebang room.

Moonsoo followed his brother with a couple of water bottles and his juice only for them to see Sungjong laughing his head off the kids trying to get Sungyeol up to sing and the said guy looking done with himself. Once the four in the room noticed the two Kims return, the kids let go of Sungyeol, that raised his head to look at Myungsoo in concern, to crowd around them.

Daddy, uncle, why it took you so long? I'm so thirsty.” Woohyun complained as his father gave him a bottle of water.

Can I have some water too?” Sunggyu asked politely and Moonsoo handed him one.

Sungyeol hyung wanted coffee, there was a big line in the cafe across the street.” Moonsoo answered back as he passed a cup of juice to his boyfriend and then took a sip of his.

Why? Did we miss something?” Myungsoo asked as he fondly caressed Woohyun head as the boy drank his water.

Just Sungyeol hyung losing his dignity.” Sungjong teased as he looked at his brother while the elder snapped his head at him to glare.

I didn't know Sungyeol hyung could dance.” Sunggyu added his thoughts. ”Hihihihi.” He ended up giggling as he remembered the way Sungyeol was dancing.

It was really fun.” Woohyun said as he passed his water bottle back to his dad so he could show the dance, making Sunggyu laugh in the process. “I got it from my DADDY I got it from my DADDY I got it got it.“

Hey, I'm way better! And I actually don't mind doing it.” Sungjong said proudly even though the kids laughed, and the Kims thought maybe he danced in a funny way too.

I want to see you dance too.” Moonsoo complained.

Very well, sit down and watch because I'm going to give you a show.” Sungjong said as he put a song to play. “Come on boys, help me singing this one.” He asked and the two boys hurried up to stay beside Sungjong as the Kims moved to sit beside Sungyeol and watch.

Aha, Listen boy... My first love story....” Sungjong started as Moonsoo tried to contain an amused smile to himself, his boyfriend was being very serious.

Uh oh-oh uh oh-oh, yeah” The boys sang in unison with their attention totally in the song so Myungsoo took the opportunity to talk to Sungyeol.

What did you do that you look so done with yourself?” He asked as he passed Sungyeol his coffee. “Here it is, but I think it might be a bit cold by now.”

Let's just say I'm very happy that you weren't here to witness it, I don't think you would want me if you saw me five minutes ago.” Sungyeol said bitterly then took a bit of his coffee only to spill everything back in the cup, it was definitely too cold for his tastes so it tasted terrible.

I don't think that would happen.” Myungsoo assured chuckling as he passed Sungyeol a bottle of water for the elder to rinse his mouth.

Sungyeol drank some water directly from the bottle then placed it back on the table before he rested half of his weight on his hand to lean over Myungsoo way, looking at him with concern in his eyes. “Forget about me, how did it go? Your eyes look a bit puffy.”

Myungsoo moved his eyes from his neighbor to his brother then the kids before he looked back at Sungyeol and placed his hand on top of the elder. “Surprising, but good.”

Sungyeol sighed then smiled in relief before he straightened himself then turned his hand underneath Myungsoo's so they could hold each other hands underneath the table.

Sungyeol knew that this was a huge step for the younger and, though he knew there was still a lot for both of them to overcome before they decided to get serious, he somehow knew that he would enjoy this thrilling ride with Myungsoo, and maybe they could be each other strength. What he didn't know though was that for a second Woohyun stopped singing and looked at them.


 

_________________________________________________

AN: Helloooooooooo, I'm here again to let one more chapter out. Myungsoo past is half explained a bit but we will only get to know the details after a while, this was Moonsoo input on it.