Faith/Fear - Undercover Help - Rumors

Tangled
 
 

Myungsoo placed his hand in his face and inhaled deeply as one more problem was thrown at him. “Hyung?” Moonsoo called once his brother became too silent and the elder rubbed his hands in his forehead.

Moonsoo, no.” He said tiredly.

No?” Moonsoo gasped in surprise. “How come no? Why no? Hyung, what do you mean?”

No means no. Which means I refuse to worry over that.” Moonsoo gasped again so Myungsoo proceeded to explain. “Seriously Moonsoo, I just broke up my relationship, I have to super speed up my project to be able to graduate, I still have to face my ex even if I don't want to, I have practices, classes and matches to attend, assignments to do, work to be done, go grocery shopping, pay rent and bills find a job and we don't know exactly where Woohyun biological dad is... I simply can't handle more problems, I can't. There is so much a person can take without going crazy.”

I understand, but hyung, aren't you afraid that they can discover your secret?” The younger insisted.

I'm afraid of Woohyun discovering this without any preparation but at the end, I don't care about speculations mom might have done in her letters and Sungyeol hyung heard the story directly from me already because it was only fair telling him about my past when he told me his. Besides, there isn't much he can discover reading these, there is also nothing else worth of some fear or shame.”

Moonsoo spent a few second in silence out of shock because he didn't know that Myungsoo had told Sungyeol about his biggest secret but he soon gathered his thoughts. “And you aren't worried that Sungyeol hyung might spread this?”

Now it was Myungsoo waiting for a few seconds to give this question a thought. “If you didn't hear anything about that from Sungjong, he didn't say anything till now.”

That was before when he was dating you, what guarantees that he won't spread things now?” Moonsoo asked desperately for his hyung give this issue at least some thought.

Nothing.” Myungsoo begrudgingly and tiredly answered and Moonsoo thought that now he was starting to talk some sense in his brother.

He might tell Woohyun or maybe Woohyun can find pictures and letters laying around. Do something!” ”

I just gave Woohyun permission to visit their apartment again, he has been inconsolable over that and giving me a hard time too, I can't simply prohibit him from visiting there again.” The elder argued. “Realistically speaking, there isn't much I can do to control that.”

Of course there is, you can talk to him about it.”

You know I don't even want to see him, much less talk about something that it isn't necessary and...”

It is necessary!” Moonsoo interrupted and Myungsoo got up to pace, he was already becoming annoyed with this phone call even though he was grateful for his brother being worried about him.

It is not because what you're saying won't happen!” Myungsoo said firmly because he truly believed that. “Woohyun won't get to know this through him.”

How can you trust him on this?” Moonsoo asked in an almost betrayed tone.

I don't exactly trust him.” Myungsoo finally answered and paused to gulp some saliva, he didn't believe he was about to say this but deep down he knew it was true. “All he needed to destroy me at this moment is saying he won't advise me, but I believe in myself and I didn't do anything in the relationship, or outside of it, that could inspire such wrath or wish for vengeance that he would feel like he needed to hurt Woohyun like this... He simply doesn't have any motivation, he wouldn't step so low.”

Are you sure Sungyeol wouldn't tell him just because?” Moonsoo asked unsure although Myungsoo was able to make his panic fade a bit.

If he did that he would be a complete jerk and... I know no one can erase the past, but he and Woohyun got close to the point of him getting worried when Woohyun had a problem in school. I have faith he won't tell Woohyun anything.” Moonsoo took a deep breath to calm himself and Myungsoo took that opportunity to sit down again and continue. “And I don't know your boyfriend that well but; if he knows, I don't think he is the type that would spill a secret to hurt a child.”

You're right, he isn't.” Moonsoo said regretfully but agreeing with his hyung. “What do I do? Now I fought him.”

Just go talk to him.” Myungsoo advised.

Ok.” Moonsoo agreed and Myungsoo could hear the younger gulping some saliva like he was preparing himself and gathering some courage until Moonsoo made a question that surprised him. “If you still trust Sungyeol hyung so much is there any possibility of what is going on between you two be a misunderstanding?”

Myungsoo stopped to think, how could everything be a misunderstanding? And even if was, would everything have had a different outcome? Would he hurt any less with this situation?

Good night Moonsoo, I wish you luck.” He said and turned off his phone, he obviously didn't know the answers to so many doubts he had but he also didn't want to occupy his mind with that now that he had been progressing with his project.

Also, Sungyeol wasn't on top of his list of priorities anymore, although he couldn't pretend that the elder was out of that list or at the bottom of it.

________________________________________________

At the beginning Sungyeol thought Woohyun just turned off when it was his time to go to bed but, after some months spending practically every day with the kid, he was able to see that the younger indeed let out some signs that his battery was low, like rubbing his eyes every now and then. So once he noticed that Woohyun started to rub his eyes and Sunggyu let out a yawn he knew it was time for playtime to end.

The boys whined they didn't want to separate now that they got together but Sungyeol remembered them that Woohyun had to follow new rules so they could keep playing and that was enough for the boys to accept part ways.

Sungyeol ushered both of them to the bathroom to take a quick shower, dressed the boys up in their pajamas (Woohyun always had a pajama in his apartment before) then encouraged the boys to brush their teeth. Once they were done, Sungyeol gathered Woohyun clothes in a bag and put the boy toothbrush there too, before grabbing Woohyun by the hand to drop him home (the kid was about to bump into the walls out of sleep) while Hoya placed Sunggyu in bed.

They talked briefly about the new rules during playtime but Sungyeol guessed that if Myungsoo went to the trouble to give Woohyun keys of his own, he had all the intentions to keep him and Sunggyu out of his apartment, so wouldn't be wise if he was to use Woohyun keys to enter the younger apartment so he rang the door bell.

Myungsoo opened the door with a puzzled face since he expected his son to enter the apartment on his own, but one look at the kid leaning on Sungyeol legs and he just automatically entered in father mode without saying anything to the elder.

Come here.” Myungsoo coaxed the boy and placed his hands under the boy armpits so he could lift him. “You're tired Namu?” He asked with a found voice and the boy nodded as he leaned his head on his father shoulders and took off for dreamland.

I gave him a bath and he already brushed his teeth.” Sungyeol informed.

Thank you.” Myungsoo said quietly, and for a brief second Sungyeol thought he wanted to say something but didn't know how so he tried to prolong the conversation a bit more to see if the younger would gather some courage.

He told me he needed to follow new rules so I guess sleep overs won't happen anymore, so...” Sungyeol showed the bag in his hands. “I put his clothes, toothbrush, and keys here.” Myungsoo nodded and shifted his son weight a bit so he was able to get the bag. “Thank you for letting him come over, he Sunggyu and I were very happy with his presence tonight...” Sungyeol said with sincerity and he wanted to say the only thing missing was Myungsoo presence but he held himself and Myungsoo took this opportunity to talk more after a sigh.

I don't want him to be dependent on you again.” He said and Sungyeol seemed to not like hearing that, but before he could say anything, Myungsoo continued. “I don't think he will break the rules because he wants to stay close badly so as long as you take care of him he can play.” Myungsoo said.

Of course I will continue taking good care of him.” Sungyeol easily agreed despite thinking that that kind of speech was unnecessary.

I still trust you with my child so don't hurt him in any way, I mean it.” Myungsoo gave a last warning glare and Sungyeol tilted his head to the side in confusion. The young dad walked backward inside his apartment and closed the door in Sungyeol face, only then Sungyeol was able to blink even though he wasn't less confused.

He turned around to go back to his apartment while thinking why Myungsoo was making sure to stress that when he always took care of Woohyun whenever he was over. Didn't he feed, bathe, and made sure the younger did his homework and played well? Didn't he give cooking, piano lessons every now and then? Didn't he answer Woohyun questions patiently and comforted him when the kid was feeling a bit down? Hadn't he tried his best for his break up with Myungsoo don't get in between the kids?

He entered his place with furrowed brows and a million thoughts only to get Hoya, that was now cleaning the living room, attention. “Your phone was vibrating.”

Still finding the small conversation with Myungsoo strange but choosing to put that to the side, for the time being, Sungyeol reached his phone but before he could call back he saw a message from his brother.

Sorry, I fought Moonsoo hyung earlier and went out with my roommate to cheer myself a bit so only saw your message now.

I'm not gonna call you today because I'm upset and ing tired too.

Moonsoo hyung saw me with some pictures and threw a fit as if I've committed a big sin or something alike.

This is suspicious hyung, if he got so pissed it is because he is afraid, there is something in these letters for sure.

Did you find anything? What developments were you talking about? Now I need to know.

I have classes early but maybe we can have lunch together tomorrow and talk about everything.

Sungyeol frowned as he read those messages then lowered his phone as he started to think about today's events while Hoya stopped to look at him curiously a second but once he heard gears moving inside Sungyeol brain he then decided it was better just to throw the garbage out and do some work, he could ask things to his cousin tomorrow, right?

OK, from what Sungyeol read up til now it wasn't like he discovered any big secret from Moonsoo so he hadn't a clue on why the younger got so pissed because Sungjong had some inoffensive pictures of him and Woohyun in his teenage years, Sungjong boyfriend wasn't even ugly back then. He knew that there was some drama in Myungsoo life more or less until Moonsoo was born, but aside some insecurities here and there he was sure Myungsoo had an almost normal childhood and adolescence until...

His eyes became big, that was it, right? The things between Myungsoo and Jihyun and everything about Woohyun conception, Moonsoo was definitely afraid that Sungjong would have discovered that. He didn't know if Myungsoo told his brother that he knew about Woohyun background since the beginning, but Moonsoo might have freaked out about that and called Myungsoo and that's why his ex-lover said to take care of Woohyun and don't hurt him in any way right? Myungsoo knew he took good care of Woohyun physically and that he got close to the boy and he changed, he couldn't be rude to Woohyun anymore, but this was the only thing that they talked about over and over that was able to hurt Woohyun so this has to be.

He promptly marched to his room, locked his door and opened his bag to get Sonmi letters. He tossed the letters he took to read in college on his bed and then proceeded to grab the ones he had hidden in his closet and do the same, there wasn't the same amount as his mother wrote but it was still a lot of letters.

Sungyeol inhaled deeply and decided he had to go through all of them quickly, it didn't matter if there was anything about Myungsoo insecurities, it didn't matter if Sonmi talked about Jihyun past either, but he definitely needed to sort them out and hide those that could hint Woohyun wasn't Myungsoo son, because those Woohyun couldn't even dream that existed much less have access to those.

Besides, his mother was an unorganized person, so if he hid a few letters and Sungjong asked to read them he could simply tell the younger the set was incomplete because his mother lost it.

He looked at the pile of letters and pictures he had on his bed and inhaled deeply before he grabbed his phone to send some messages back to his brother and sidetrack him.

I can't make tomorrow so we talk later.

I didn't read that many letters, I didn't have time, but up to where I read I didn't find anything that could be embarrassing for Moonsoo, nor any hint that Myungsoo is an insecure person yet.

It wasn't nothing too big, Myungsoo only treated me a little less worse today and I wanted to share.

See you soon.

He lastly wrote before inhaling deeply, grabbing a random letter and starting to read, he was sorry for Hoya but he needed the privacy of his own room today.

________________________________________________________________

Woohyun woke up beaming in happiness, that much Myungsoo could tell so he could only guess that his son still didn't know about anything. He knew that Moonsoo could be right but he opened up a lot to Sungyeol about this issue so the elder would get the hint right? Just to be sure he decided to be really clear the next time they saw each other but that also left him a bit nervous, what if Sungyeol didn't get the last night hint? He didn't seem to catch on when he hinted he didn't have choices within their relationship, right?

He tried to be inconspicuous in front of his son but the boy was so happy that he didn't have to put that much effort, the boy was practically having a conversation of his own as he thanked his father for letting him play and talking about a shooting game and that Sunggyu and Sungyeol weren't mad with the new rules and that he was hugged and something more that Moonsoo chose to tune off as he took the boy to school.

This time Sungyeol dropped by the school early because Sunggyu was there already when he arrived with Woohyun, and after a brief talk with Dongwoo in which he said he gave permission to Woohyun to play in the neighbors apartment but Sungyeol still couldn't pick his son up from school, he came back to a Starbucks near his place where he and Hoya decided to meet to work.

Meanwhile, when Sungyeol arrived home Hoya was finishing putting his things inside a backpack and it didn't take long for the thick brows man to say that he was going to work with Myungsoo then solve a few things for his mother later He said he would only arrive home at night so they should make time to talk and asked Sungyeol to send Myungsoo schedule as soon as he could so he could help to try to contact scouts.

For Sungyeol it was a huge relief that he didn't have to deal with his cousin today or even explain yesterday behavior. So, after sending Hoya the info he needed, he entered his bedroom and continued reading Myungsoo mother letters. Of course he took a nap at some point since he didn't need to go to college, but before it was time to pick Sunggyu up he already had separated all pictures (with or without Jihyun) and about three letters but ended up hiding everything so his brother and his cousin couldn't see and annoy him later.

He was tired and knew he didn't look the best, and that was very obvious by the kids reaction and Dongwoo gasping when he arrived to pick his brother up but he still had to keep himself awake to take Sunggyu home as safely he could then make some dinner. At night Hoya arrived home when Sungyeol and Sunggyu just sat at the table to eat and picked up a conversation.

Hey guys, I sent Myungsoo schedule and I already got some replies from the scouts I've been trying to talk to.” He said as he dropped his backpack on the couch and approached them.

What did they say?” Sunggyu asked in interest although Sungyeol had told him he shouldn't talk about that with Woohyun or Myungsoo to make a surprise.

They say that they are going to check him out but didn't give me a specific date and...” Hoya halted his steps as he looked at Sungyeol. “Duuuuuude, what happened?”

What do you mean?”Sungyeol asked.

You looked a bit tired and quiet this morning and I thought you hadn't slept because of a nightmare, and since you didn't share I thought you had things under control but now... now you look a walking corpse.” Hoya said as he dropped some food on the plate reserved for him

Hyung, you have dark circles till here.” Sunggyu informed as he poke his cheek right beside his nose, obviously exaggerating on the size of his brother dark circles.

I took a nap today but I don't feel well rested.” Sungyeol said after a sigh.

We can tell.” Hoya said with an expression that said it was really obvious and Sunggyu nodded agreeing. “What happened? You arrived with raised spirits yesterday – which we didn't even talk about it - but then after you took Woohyun home you locked yourself in your room and now you're like this...”

I was mildly happy because Myungsoo treated me slightly better yesterday but It's just... I have a lot to read in little time, and things keep happening so I'm tired and overall stressed...” He said vaguely.

Don't tell me you're reading Myungsoo's mother letters? My mom told me you should take slow with those things so you don't faint again.” Hoya scolded.

Hyung, please don't faint.” Sunggyu pleaded. “If you faint we can't play together again.”

I wasn't.” Sungyeol lied and was relieved that he was able to hide all those letters before Hoya arrived home and before he could leave to pick Sunggyu so they wouldn't know. “I read a book for my selective process, that should be happening in a bit, and I also corrected a bunch of essays, I keep thinking about what I already read and things with Myungsoo, and I didn't sleep well for the last few days so this happened.” He motioned to his face.

You need to rest so badly.” Hoya concluded.

Can I get a pill to help me?” Sungyeol pleaded.

No.way.in.hell.” Hoya enunciated every word, pills were his biggest fears when it came to Sungyeol. “Maybe passion fruit juice or chamomile tea... I bet there is chamomile tea somewhere, I can make it for you.” The elder offered.

Fine.” Sungyeol sighed but chose not to discuss and just talk to Sunggyu. “Is ok if you play with Woohyunnie over there?”

Sunggyu tilted his head to the side. “It's ok, but isn't he allowed here anymore? Did we do something wrong?”

No, absolutely not, it's just that I am really tired so I wanted to try to sleep early and Hoya hyung can call you when it is time for bedtime.” Sungyeol assured, besides that also would help to know if Sunggyu was still able to go inside the neighbor's apartment if he was given permission.

Are you going to be ok?” Sunggyu asked in concern but this time it was Hoya that replied.

He is going to be superfine, we will just talk a bit and I'll put him into bed, I'll take good care of your brother.” Hoya assured the boy then added a wink that practically said he had this covered.

Actually, I just want to go straight to bed.” Sungyeol said with apologetic eyes to Hoya, it was not like he knew he would be able to sleep but he didn't want to talk. “I should rest while I can because I'm going to start to work again soon.”

Really?” Hoya asked in surprise while Sunggyu made an upset face and pouted.

Hyung won't play with me anymore?”

Of course I will.” Sungyeol said while rubbing a hand on Sunggyu hair like he watched Myungsoo do countless of times with Woohyun. “But if hyung won't work how can I feed us all?” Sunggyu was still pouting but he looked down and nodded understanding. “I promise I will take slow and work will only be done after you go to bed so we can play a bit, ok?”

Now Sunggyu seemed satisfied that Sungyeol would probably still give him attention and finally relaxed while Hoya was trying not to dissolve himself in a puddle of goo. The brothers in front of him had never been like this, he only had Myungsoo to thank for giving Sungyeol some tips and pushes for his tall cousin become softer.

After dinner, Sunggyu brushed his teeth and started his homework while the adults did the dishes until Hoya phone rang and he engaged in a fond conversation with Dongwoo. Sungyeol could only sigh at this, he knew how much Hoya cared for him but he knew how badly his cousin missed his boyfriend - he needed to make his cousin go back home but honestly... Hoya was the last thing he could worry about. Once Sunggyu was done with homework Sungyeol let him go to Myungsoo apartment and told Hoya to call him if Sunggyu came back too early before he locked himself in his room.

While Sungyeol continued with his personal mission with the letters, Sunggyu knocked on the neighbors' doors and waited for someone to open the door.

Hyung, you came?” Woohyun seemed to be surprised once he opened the door and Myungsoo looked at him from the couch, wasn't he expecting Sunggyu to come to call him to play today?

Of course I came.” Sunggyu said. “Did you finish your homework? Can we play already?”

Well...” Woohyun said as he scratched his head, then he broke out in a sheepish smile. “I was still finishing it.”

Then let me help you so we can play.” Sunggyu suggested and tried to enter the apartment but Woohyun got in front of him to block the passage and while Sunggyu seemed a little surprised that caught Myungsoo attention.

Any problem over there Woohyun?”He asked and Woohyun looked conflicted at his friend, he knew that, by the new rules, he wouldn't be able to play with Sunggyu if he didn't finish his homework, besides he didn't want to upset his father by letting Sunggyu come inside.

Hyung, I... can you wait? I promise I won't take long, I was finishing.” Woohyun asked his friend awkwardly and Myungsoo decided to give him a break.

Let Sunggyu come inside Woohyun, he can wait for you to finish here and then you can go play.” He offered and that made the boy sigh and finally move to let Sunggyu pass, then he locked the door and sauntered through the living room to go to the coffee table where he had his book opened while his friend followed him.

I just need a minute.“ Woohyun promised as he sat and immediately started concentrating on his homework as Myungsoo decided to start some small talking.

Hi Sunggyu, are you're still up for playing when you woke up and arrived at school so early today?”

Yes.” Sunggyu replied not very interested then took a peek at Woohyun book. “You added wrongly here.” He pointed then turned his body completely to Myungsoo. “Can we play here today?”

Here?” Myungsoo raised a brow, not that it would be forbidden for Sunggyu to play here, but he didn't think it would happen so fast and he was counting on that to move on with his project at least a bit.

Yeah, Sungyeol hyung needs to rest so... not to bother him...” Sunggyu replied awkwardly because he didn't think Myungsoo would want to hear about his hyung.

Myungsoo opened his mouth but Woohyun turned to Sunggyu, showing his book and stealing his attention. “Is correct now?” He asked as he pointed to where Sunggyu spotted the wrong addition. “Hyung is Sungyeol hyung ok?”

Sunggyu examined his friend math and nodded then shrugged and made a clueless face. “He said he just needs to sleep but he has dark circles till here.” Sunggyu pointed beside his nose to show.

Woohyun breathed in relief and started writing down his book again. “If he only needs to sleep he is not sick, right? He was...” He stopped to think about the question in front of him then continued writing and talking in confusion. “He was fine yesterday, I don't want him to get sick.”

Hoya hyung says he is stressed lately so hyung decided to rest today because he will go back to work soon.” Sunggyu commented and Myungsoo perked up because that interested him since it could influence on the time Sungyeol had available to advise him. Sunggyu got frustrated as he just saw what Woohyun had written down. “Woohyunnie, read the question again, 'Jinho mom has seven sons. Her sons' names are Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, and Indigo. What's the came of her last son?' It isn't Boranie.”(AN: Who remembers Sesame Player?)

Ah, Hoya hyung, he likes purple.” Woohyun snapped his fingers together as that new answer came to him and he was ready to go back and rewrite his answer. “I didn't know Hoya hyung had so many brothers.” If Myungsoo were paying attention to the kids' conversation he would laugh but he still was digesting the information Sunggyu was previously spilling about his ex.

He hasn't, he is an only son.” Sunggyu said then pointed again to the question. “The answer is Jinho.”

Why is it Jinho?” Woohyun looked plainly confused and Sunggyu laughed.

kekekeke, why? Because it says in the question. Jinho mom...”

Ah.” Woohyun turned around then erased the answer and rewrote before he turned with a big smile. “I finished.” He shook his father shorts a bit to get his attention then clasped his hands together in a begging manner. “Daddy, can we play here today?” He added puppy eyes which Sunggyu made sure to do it too.

Yes, of course.” Myungsoo said as he came out of his reverie and as the boys started to cheer he decided to add something else “But don't make too much noise, ok? I'm studying for my project.”

_______________________________________________________

Before leaving Sunggyu in school, Sungyeol got the letters and pictures that no one could see and shoved inside his bag. He was decided that he would talk to Myungsoo about it today so he could ask what the younger wanted to do with them. If he found more letters/pictures later, he would keep doing whatever Myungsoo told him to do. Also, he and Hoya had come up with this plan to tell Myungsoo about the scouts, though Hoya had said the correct term was agents, and keep him motivated.

He arrived on the campus rubbing his tired face to wake up (he had slept after some reading hours but he still didn't feel well rested) because he was on a mission and that pretty much involved Chanyeol, his favorite frenemy. Sungyeol didn't know if at this point of his college life Chanyeol still appeared around the campus for his classes but they had classes together today and he hoped to find his friend in the cafeteria before it.

He indeed found Chanyeol, unexpectedly having a very polite conversation with Myungsoo, which kinda screwed his plans for today's mission, though it would be indifferent in the near future. As he came close, Myungsoo said his goodbye and left Chanyeol before even spotting Sungyeol and the taller Yeol turned around to sit and eat his sandwich when he spotted the Ph.D. Student coming his way.

Hyung, what the hell is going on? I don't see you like this since your mother...” He halted his words because he thought it would be insensitive if he continued.

Sungyeol sighed and sat where previously Myungsoo was. “There is a lot going on, and I'm a mess, I know.”

Is it because of Myungsoo?” Chanyeol asked.

No.” Sungyeol said and Chanyeol squinted his eyes at him, clearly not believing. “Not entirely.” Sungyeol said awkwardly. “But it's family stuff that you don't need to know, was that Myungsoo?” He promptly changed the subject. “Why were you two together?”

We happened to meet at the paying line, I asked how things were going with his project, though I obviously wanted to know about your current relationship and he said that working with you was weird, I expected that already because you're you...” He lowered his voice the max he could. “...and you're his ex....” He then returned his voice to normal. “But he cheerfully said that things were progressing a bit and he started writing again though he wasn't sure he would finish in time, then he said he would go to the library to concentrate and left.” Chanyeol blabbered.

Hum.” Sungyeol hummed thinking Myungsoo probably was trying to work on his problems without distractions, and that could be Hoya or his own bed, but at the end, he decided to let that go.

You're meeting today?” Chanyeol asked and that made him regain Sungyeol attention.

Yeah, later.” Sungyeol said then decided to go directly to the point. “Chanyeol, I need a favor.”

The guy raised his brows. “I'm not redoing anything on our paper, professor Song said it was fine and we already sent for publication.”

Sungyeol groaned. “This is not it.”

Then?”

Look, you're a popular person, right? You know a lot of people from many majors, right?”

You could say so.” Chanyeol replied a bit suspiciously. “What do you want? You're not wanting a blind date, right? I kinda like Myungsoo... also, I'm not spreading more rumors than what he already has.”

No, not a blind date! And it is not a rumor about him either, who do you think I am?” Sungyeol denied exasperated and glared. Hard.

Then?” Chanyeol asked as he took a bite from his sandwich then raised a brow to prompt Sungyeol to talk already.

The older of the two stopped to look around, to see if anyone was paying attention to their conversation, then returned his attention to Chanyeol once he noticed people were not interested in their exchange. Still, he made sure to use a low tone.

I just need to tell him something I discovered that can help him in a personal matter but in my current position I can't, so I need you to spread a rumor around the campus and it needs to reach him.” Sungyeol whispered.

Why don't you just knock on his door and say face to face? It isn't like anyone from college will know.” Chanyeol asked curiously.

Sungyeol sighed “He can't absolutely know I'm being the source of this particular information, he is very pissed at me at the moment, he is making sure to put as much distance between as he can and aside his project, that he kinda has to lean on me, he doesn't want me trying to help him any other way.” The taller explained.

This information you have, can't you wait till you finish his project to tell him?” The younger said and took another bite.

Sungyeol made a sad expression. “No. It will be too late by then but it is something really really important for him right now.”

Chanyeol swallowed his food. “What it is?”

I heard that there are some agents coming to Seoul U to watch Myungsoo team.”

Chanyeol blinked then leaned towards Sungyeol more interested. “Where did you get this info? When they will come?”

Remember Dongwoo hyung, my cousin lover, Dara noona friend?”

The pink haired guy, right?”

His brother in law is a reporter for KBS N Sports and he knows some people, so when Dongwoo hyung mentioned he knew someone from our college team his brother in law spilled that agents would come to watch them because KBL had to Draft new players soon.” Sungyeol lie came natural, not only because Dongwoo had helped to inform some emails, he and Hoya had made extensive research on how players were draft in the league before they came up with this. Chanyeol didn't need to know that he and Hoya had sent Myungsoo's videos to the agents and beg them to come to watch Myungsoo specifically. “I don't know when that will happen, they can come any moment, I don't know if they will come in a bunch or individually., but can you do this for me? Can you make this reach Myungsoo's ears?”

Hum..” Chanyeol leaned back and thought for a moment. “OK, I can spread that but what if people don't believe? What if people ask me for the source? What do I say?”

Are you a journalist now?” Sungyeol complained but replied anyway. “I arranged something with Dongwoo hyung to assure that it is true at least for Myungsoo. But you can say you heard from a friend of Dara noona that has connections. Theoretically, it is not a lie.”

Chanyeol ended up nodding agreeing but decided to still ask something. “Why are you doing this?”

Sungyeol looked down and inhaled deeply but he didn't take long to answer. “Because he deserves and he is worthy of anything.” He lifted his eyes to look at his friend confidently in the eyes. “I love him as I have never loved anyone, and I love him so much that I chose to help him even knowing I could lose him.”

Chanyeol briefly recalled everything he ever talked with Sungyeol since they met. Sure he didn't know that his hyung once had a crush on him but it was not like Sungyeol ever showed he was bothered by any love delusion, cheating or unrequited feelings, at least not for him. But damn, no one needed to take Sungyeol a second to know that whatever he was going through was something that was taking a toll on him. He liked and owed Sungyeol a lot and he definitely didn't like to see his hyung like this.

Damn, man.” Chanyeol could only say. “Give me some hours after classes end, ok?”

Sungyeol lips stretched a bit - and that would be a smile if it wasn't his current depressive mood didn't prevent him from doing so - and he got up to leave. “OK, I'll wait for you in class, professor Song will give half of the lecture today.”

_____________________________________________________________________________

Since Chanyeol promised to help him to spread the news to Myungsoo, Sungyeol was sure he had one thing less to worry but he didn't count with both professors Song cornering him to start inquiring him about his appearance and health.

I was just trying to prepare myself for the selective process.” Sungyeol had lied to try to get them off his back.

Song Jongki squinted his eyes at him, clearly not believing it. “You don't need preparation.”

But I'm not sick, just tired and a bit stressed.” Sungyeol said with a sigh.

Song Hyekyo made a concerned face. “Your brothers are giving you trouble again?”

Sungyeol inhaled deeply as he thought about that question. He knew those two were making bets on him for the selective process and treated him mostly like a colleague already, but that was a personal question, therefore unethical, that they only knew because the woman forced him an explanation on why a genius like him would give his Ph.D. a break the year before.

No, everything with them is fine.” He tried to assure.

Then advising the photography student isn't working?” The male professor asked.

No, no, there's nothing wrong with that.” Sungyeol replied instantly, becoming a little tense. “We're meeting often and things are working smoothly, he will probably appear later so I can read what he wrote.” He cleaned his throat then added. “For a person that has to take care of a kid alone, he is writing things pretty fast and progressing quicker than I thought.”

That's so good to hear.” Hyekyo said with relief. “The first time I advised someone I was mostly freaking out, but it is like you were born to do this.”

Right...” Sungyeol mumbled - as if he wasn't constantly freaking out about the possibility of someone discovering that he and Myungsoo were once lovers - then spoke loudly “I'm just going to start to work again soon so I was trying to study everything again while I can. Just to be sure.”

Now that seemed to convince both professors as they looked at each other and decided to get up to go to their respective offices. “If I were you I'd be sleeping, things won't enter your head now and that's not like you don't know you will proceed to the next round without much effort.”

He is kinda right, don't forget the first exam is next week.” Hyekyeo said and Sungyeol nodded.

I know. I know.”

Once both professors left, each through a different door, Sungyeol was anxious for Myungsoo arrival, first because he wanted to check the younger progress and corrections – he was kinda anticipating that because their last meeting went so well and Myungsoo surprised him a lot although he already knew the younger wasn't the typical dumb athlete - and know if Chanyeol managed to spread the rumors already.

But he waited, waited, waited and Myungsoo didn't come by 2 PM.

He thought it was strange since he saw Myungsoo himself in the cafeteria today, but Chanyeol said he would work on his project at the library so he waited more and by the time he had to go pick Sunggyu up, Myungsoo still hadn't come.

He wanted to send a message to Dongwoo and ask if the teacher had also passed the message to his ex-lover but he knew Dongwoo wouldn't be able to check his messages until his last student was out of school. He sighed as he drove there, he could ask personally right?

Sungyeol arrived in school to see Dongwoo talking to some girl's parents. They locked eyes for a second and Sungyeol decided to proceed to look for his brother while the teacher finished that conversation. It wasn't enough that he saw Myungsoo and Chanyeol together and that Myungsoo didn't come to see him today, he was surprised for the third time today when he spotted Woohyun and Sunggyu hurdled in a corner together.

What you guys are up to?” He asked.

Sunggyu practically jumped in the air. “Hyung!”

Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you.” Sungyeol apologized as he rubbed a hand on Sunggyu shoulder.

We were trying to choose a song for the festival.” Woohyun explained. “But we can't agree on it yet.”

Sungyeol furrowed his brows and made a confused face. “I thought you had decided on the song and were rehearsing already.”

We had, but ...” Sunggyu said while scratching his nape. “We think we need to change.”

But we still have time to rehearse.” Woohyun offered while his friend nodded.

I see.” Sungyeol nodded then poked Woohyun belly. “Why are you still here, hm?” I thought since your daddy didn't come to see me in college then you'd be home already.”

Woohyun sighed when he heard that, he looked sad. “Uncle Moonsoo will pick me up today because Wednesday's daddy has practice so he will take me there.” Sunggyu pouted as he heard because he knew they wouldn't play together today.

You don't want to see your daddy play? I thought you were his fan.” Sungyeol said trying to make his tone amused.

Woohyun bit his lips, he seemed in conflict for a few seconds until he decided to just open up. “I like his matches but his practices are boring, we arrive home late and I don't think uncle Moonsoo likes it too.” Woohyun made Sungyeol heart squeeze, he knew Myungsoo had practices usually on Wednesdays or Saturdays but Woohyun was usually tired from school so in the recent past Sungyeol was taking him home and he couldn't do that anymore.

Hyung, can't we take Woohyunnie with us today?” Sunggyu asked.

Sorry, I don't have permission to take Woohyun anymore so even if I wanted Dongwoo hyung wouldn't let me pass through this door with him.” Sungyeol said apologetically.

Woohyun sighed. “I knew it.” He then gave two steps back and sat again. “I'll wait for uncle Moonsoo then.”

Hyung, do something.” Sunggyu tried to whisper and Sungyeol made a sad face.

I'm already doing what I can, as long as Myungsoo has this project we can't talk freely because I'm like his teacher.” Sungyeol explained to Sunggyu then turned his head to Woohyun. “Don't worry, I'm trying to push your dad to finish the project fast, ok? And once he is done with it, I will try to solve this fight between us ok? I promise you two.” The boys looked at him then looked at each other then nodded. “Would you feel better if I taught you guys to play the song you choose on the piano? You could play during your performance.”

Sunggyu gasped and Woohyun eyes lit up. “That would be so coooool!” “Kyaaaaaaah!” The elder boy squatted to hug his friend and they were in the middle of some cheers when Dongwoo finally approached him.

Sorry, it took some time, those two like to talk a lot.” The pink haired teacher said then looked at the boys' joy. “What is happening?”

Nothing, much, I just told them I would teach them to play the song they want to sing on piano.”

Our school doesn't have a piano Sungyeol... and I don't think the principal would let the boys play on our keyboard.” Dongwoo said awkwardly.

What?” Both boys gasped horrified, so their joy was just killed?

But they know how to play a few things, I've been teaching them, right boys?” Sungyeol argued.

Yes!” the boys nodded away. “I know how to play lady gaga song from the movie.” Woohyun added a second later.

Still Sungyeol...” Dongwoo was about to say that maybe it wasn't a good idea and Sungyeol snapped his fingers together as an idea crossed his mind.

Hey, I can bring mine, you'd just have to connect to the sound system and that's it. I don't think they will break anything - because I've been teaching them - but if they break it is mine and it is kinda old anyway, so it will be fine.”

I'll talk to the principal then.” Dongwoo said and the boys started to beam again which made Sungyeol put a satisfied smile on his lips. “Sorry Sungyeol, as you can see, I couldn't talk to Myungsoo yet.”

It's fine, Moonsoo is coming to pick Woohyun today so will probably see him tomorrow. Send me a message during lunch if you manage to talk to him ok?” When Dongwoo nodded Sungyeol grabbed Sunggyu backpack and touched the boy shoulder to get his attention. “We need to go Gyu.”

Bye Woohyunnie, see you tomorrow.” Sunggyu hugged his friend and said his goodbyes then held Sungyeol hand to go.

Both of them had taken a few steps and Woohyun was making a pout because he was going to be alone and then he would be taken to college when he didn't want to go and watching his friends backs made him feel lonely but then Sungyeol turned around and dragged Sunggyu to him again before he hugged.

Dongwoo sighed, he could only hope that this fight ended soon, this was starting to seem like a divorce.

_________________________________________________

Myungsoo smiled to himself, today was so productive that he thought it was better to skip his meeting with Sungyeol to continue writing and it was so worth it. Not only he fixed things that Sungyeol asked him too he tried rewriting a few paragraphs he thought might get unfavorable reviews and continue with content. He also saw that Hoya wanted him to redo a few things but that had to wait till tomorrow because today he was doing good, today he was on a roll.

He had spent the day at the library and right now he sat at the bleachers, completely dressed to practice in a bit but he still tapped on his laptop consistently while sitting on the bleachers and waiting for the others to arrive. He was never the first to arrive but lately, he was barely making in time so it would be a nice change for him to be the one waiting for the others for a change.

There were about twenty minutes until the practice begun and people usually arrived like ten minutes earlier but he was surprised when his concentration was interrupted when he found his teammates arriving racing each other.

First!” Minho said.

No, it was me!” Jungshin complained.

Guys?” Myungsoo said and both looked at him and cursed under their breath, none of them was the first. “You're early.” He pointed with a certain amount of surprise.

Minho patted Jungshin on the belly and both of them walked to where Myungsoo was sitting. “And you finally arrived on time, what are you doing here so early?”

Myungsoo let out a happy and proud sigh. “I decided to spend the day at the library to work on my project and is finally is coming out. I was on a roll today...” He saved the file closed his laptop then looked at the other two. “...but I thought I would lose track of the time so I got ready and moved here.”

Jungshin raised a hand so the young dad stopped talking. “Can we not talk about that, please? My adviser is kicking my , he complains even if I breathe beside her, I think she loathes me.” He said.

Loser, I'm already on chapter 3.” Minho said and as his friend pushed him lightly and glared he giggled then looked at Myungsoo. “What about you? ”

I fixed a bunch of stuff, I added new references, quotes, paragraphs..., I worked on my intro although my adviser said I shouldn't do this now and I just need an ok for my first chapter but since I skipped some advising meeting today, I already started to work on chapter two.” Myungsoo reported and Minho made an impressed expression.

Just kill me now, you're ahead of me and you just changed your adviser, can't I change mine too? This one is not helping.” Jungshin complained but the other two didn't pay him any attention and only now Myungsoo realized how much he progressed as Sungyeol pushed him into directions he didn't think it would be needed. He felt weird inside, should he be grateful? But he was still hurt by their break up...

Damn, when you said you were on a roll I imagined you had written two pages at most.” The most competitive out of Myungsoo's friends said. “Did Woohyun let you have this much time?” He continued since he and Jugshin were the closest out of Myungsoo and the only two that knew about him having a son.

My parents took him on a small trip on the weekend so...” Myungsoo smiled. “But he is coming with my brother in a bit so you might see him today.”

Nice, it's been a while we don't see him.” Minho offered a kind smile.

He is the cutest kid, I swear.” Jungshin added a second later.

Thank you.” Myungsoo opened a proud smile then decided to change the subject. “Why were you guys racing each other? We are all early here, it was not like you were gonna miss anything if you walked.”

Because we wanted to check if the rumors are true and if they were, arriving early and enthusiasm could cause a good impression.” Jungshin said and looked around but there was only Myungsoo in the court with a janitor cleaning in something far in the corner. “ Well, there is no one here today.” He concluded as Myungsoo looked from one to the other in confusion.

What are you talking about?” Myungsoo asked as he grabbed his backpack and put his laptop inside.

You don't know?”Jungshin head snapped back at him and raised a judging brow.

Hey, he was in the library.” Minho gave Jungshin a reproving look then finally sat beside Myungsoo. “There is a rumor going around – I don't know who started – that says big agents have their eyes on our team and since the draft for professional players will happen in late December they might drop any moment in practices or matches to offer some deal.”

Myungsoo eyes grew large. “What?”

Jungshin sat on Myungsoo other side and bumped his shoulder on him. “Exactly, we can be professionals, and I don't know about you, but I want to.”