Of Ice Cream, Gaming, Invitation, Thinking and Lying

Tangled

 

 

Be... our... guest.” Woohyun said slowly as soon as the four of them sat in a store with their respective ice creams, Moana hadn't been up in the theaters anymore and they decided to watch the next best thing: Beauty and the Beast, which the kids absolutely loved.

Be our guest!” Sunggyu chirped in.

Put our service to the test.” Woohyun continued happily then put a scoop of ice cream in his little mouth.

Na Na na na na na na na na na the rest.” Sunggyu didn't catch the next part because he thought the candlelight talked fast and weirdly, still, he wanted to continue singing with Woohyunnie.

Soup du jour Hot hors d'oeuvres, why, we only live to serve. Try the gray stuff, it's delicious, don't believe me? Ask the dishes.” Myungsoo joined the boys improvised singing time as he threw the more complicated French words, that there was no way the boys could have understood, then the three of them looked expectantly to Sungyeol and waited for him to continue.

Sungyeol sighed heavily then buried his face in his hands clearly wanting to hide himself, he got that the kids were excited and happy to watch the movie, but Myungsoo? Ok, Myungsoo was young, younger than him, but wasn't he a dad? Wasn't he supposed to be matured forcibly when Woohyun was born?

Come on!” Myungsoo urged.

No!” Sungyeol promptly denied.

Myungsoo then chuckled and elbowed Sungyeol sides lazily. “Stop judging, just join us!”

I'm not judging.” Sungyeol defended himself.

You are.” Myungsoo disagreed.

I'm not.”

You are.”

I'm...” Myungsoo gave him a sharp look. “...a little bit.” Sungyeol finally conceded but Myungsoo insisted on the sharp look. “Ok, ok, I'm judging a lot.” Myungsoo, we are supposed to be the adults here, come on dude, don't embarrass us.

Myungsoo ate some ice cream as he frowned then shook his head at Sungyeol. “Hyung, people already judge me 24/7 so I've learned not to care about what other people think, I don't think I am embarrassing anyone though, I have a kid, my kid is happy and if there's anything I can do for us to get even closer and with him happier, I'd do, but, of course, you don't know that you're kind new on this.” He said softly and Sungyeol sighed. “The between Woohyun and I is short, 15 years only, and while that can be troublesome for me to be taken seriously, on the other hand, it's great because Woohyun knows there is a friendship here as well.” He motioned between him and Woohyun and the boy nodded eagerly.

Dad spends a lot of time with me, we do a lot of things together, it's awesome. I especially like when he takes me to play soccer in the park or when we watch movies together in his room. Daddy bed is this big, it fits him, Sunggyu hyung and I and still there's space left.” Woohyun said innocently stretching his arms as far as he could and wasn't that too cute? Myungsoo had to pet his son's head.

It's fluffy too!” Sunggyu added his two cents and Sungyeol didn't want to blush with the thoughts of what a guy with a body like Myungsoo's (it was pointless to say he didn't notice) could do in a bed that big (yes, he saw it yesterday).

Come on, indulge it.” Myungsoo insisted again. “It's bonding, and maybe it's an embarrassment now, but in twenty years it will be memories that can make you and Sunggyu laugh and have another bonding moment over it, and, if Woohyun and I aren't in your life anymore, it can make you remember us.”

Daddy?” Woohyun looked at him rather puzzled and desperate as he thought his dad planned something that would separate him from his best friend, and Sunggyu somehow was mirroring his friend own expressions.

We don't know what life will do to any of us but don't worry ok? I'll try my best so you two can stay close for a long time.” Myungsoo assured with a soft smile and a pat on the two boys head before he looked back at Sungyeol that had a weird expression on his face. The poor conflicted hyung was almost melting, Myungsoo was at it again.

Sungyeol was sure Myungsoo wanted to reduce him into a puddle of goo, because, really, as they got comfortable he thought his neighbor was less and less annoying and more and more … cute? Wait, no! Not cute... endearing! No, not that either.... Sungyeol gave up, he wouldn't find the right words to translate his feelings, though yesterday he might have been a bit angry with the way Myungsoo dealt with things.

Besides, I took all the responsibilities of fatherhood but don't forget I am still twenty-three, I have to have some moments of silliness or else I go crazy.” Myungsoo continued and right after ate a scoop of ice cream. “Gosh, this cookie flavor is too good.”

Sungyeol snorted but opened a smile unconsciously because Myungsoo was making a blissful expression he thought was amusing. “You're kind of a dork.” He said with an accusative but a playful tone that caught Myungsoo by surprise. “Nothing like I imagined.” He ended up blurting more serious and now Myungsoo went still and blinked at him, a lot; as if trying to register and comprehend what he meant.

Sungyeol felt he would start blushing anytime, this definitely didn't come out good. Did he offend Myungsoo again? He hoped he didn't but did he sound like he was trying to say something else? He was about to open his mouth to fix whatever he did but Myungsoo straightened himself in his chair, stuffed his spoon back on his ice cream and looked dead in his eyes, which made the elder feel so bare.

And how did you imagined me to be?” He asked lowering his tone a bit and for a second Sungyeol saw amusement, curiosity and, underneath of that, something that seemed like interest. If he didn't know better he would say Myungsoo low-key just flirted with him.

Sungyeol shrugged and forced a sheepish smile. “Annoying.” Myungsoo made a full amused expression and leaned back on his chair ready to counterattack but Sungyeol was fast and added something else. “And kind of dumb.” Now that threw Myungsoo off, when did he give the impression that he was dumb?

Are you placing me in another stereotype?” Myungsoo asked with a raised brow and an upset undertone.

Oh, no, no, no.” Sungyeol quickly waved both his hands to dismiss Myungsoo thoughts. “I know it seems like I am doing exactly that because, you know...” Sungyeol pointed to his own face though Myungsoo knew the taller was referring to his looks, and he almost let slip a pleased smile because it seemed like Sungyeol considered him good looking. “But I swear it isn't, this is what I usually think about everyone. I don't like people that can't keep up with me, but I am happily surprised that you can, so... yeah.”

Wow!” Myungsoo said in amusement. “Should I consider myself some kind of elite then?”

Sungyeol rolled his eyes. “You should stick with the word friend, coming from me it's already a very good compliment since I don't have many.”

Myungsoo smiled pleased, he was about to thank his neighbor when his ears picked up the boys conversation.

I want to be Aladdin, I look like Aladdin no?” Woohyun asked as he turned his face a bit to the side so Sunggyu could see his face better which almost made Sungyeol laugh.

Woohyunnie, we are talking about princesses! What's the princess you want to be?” Sunggyu said.

Just tell him your favorite Disney princess and why you like her.” Myungsoo encouraged although he had no idea what they were discussing, it somehow caught his interest.

Woohyun turned to his father and hesitated a bit before scratching his head. “I don't think my favorite character is a Princess.”

OK, then the lead character you like the most.” Sungyeol also butted in, thankful that he was able to end the previous conversation with Myungsoo because of this. “It should be someone that talks a lot right?”

Woohyun made a displeased face. “It's Mulan! I like Mulan the best because she is a hero that saves China from the bad guys!”

Hum... that was unexpected.” Sungyeol mused. “What about you Sunggyu? “

Hyung, do you like Belle because she likes to read like you?” Woohyun guessed.

And because I don't think I fit in very much.” Sunggyu admitted.

Well, it fits you...” Sungyeol nodded.

What about you?” Myungsoo asked him.

Me? Come on.” The taller snorted.

Come on, I said to indulge.” Myungsoo insisted.

OK, ok.” Sungyeol begrudgingly relented. “If I were to be a Disney princess...” He tapped his chin as he thought then hesitated a bit before speaking. “I'm a bit torn between two of them... they are a bit underrated for Disney princesses but I'd say I'd be Merida or Tiana.”

Who?” Woohyun blinked, apparently, he didn't know those two, Sungyeol would have to put him to watch later, he was sure Woohyun would like Merida at least.

Why those two?” Myungsoo asked with a raised brow.

Merida is a bit prideful like me, and her problems start because she doesn't want to marry, I think I'm in a similar situation right now. As for Tiana... she is a very hardworking girl, like me.” He explained. “Also, I had a frog in my life and he wasn't even a prince.” He added with a snort that made Myungsoo chuckle and the kids become confused. “What about you?” He asked.

Me?” Myungsoo asked but didn't wait for Sungyeol to confirm, he had his answer in the tip of his tongue. “Elsa.”

Now Sungyeol was doubling over in laughter. Elsa? Come on, this had to be the funniest thing Myungsoo had ever told him, and he had to consider Myungsoo had a good sense of humor. While Sungyeol was laughing, with Woohyun complaining that his neighbor shouldn't laugh at his father, Myungsoo just looked at him a bit sad or disappointed, Sungyeol wouldn't know.

Why Elsa hyung?” Sunggyu decided to ask with a curious expression on his face and after a brief look at him, Myungsoo looked back at Sungyeol very intensely.

Because, like her, I'm misunderstood, I don't need a lover, and I give very good bits of advice but people don't believe in me when I am warning them about bad dudes.” He said with a sad undertone.

Sungyeol suddenly stopped laughing to raise a brow, he wanted to ask what was that but Woohyun beat him to it, then Myungsoo ran a hand on his son's hair, forced a smile and changed the subject. Finish your ice cream, it's early, maybe we can drop by the arcade or the noraebang.

The boys cheered loudly and concentrated in finishing their respective ice creams and Sungyeol discovered that the moment to ask anything and kill his curiosity passed.

__________________________________________________________

Sungyeol thought Myungsoo was a very honest man, he practiced what he preached, and despite Woohyun misbehaving a little here and there he did teach is kid good values and gave him a good education, something he never imagined Myungsoo would do when he first met him.

Myungsoo also was a dork sometimes and, although sometimes very quiet (Sungyeol discovered that only happened in specific dates), he could talk as much as Woohyun if he was comfortable. Giving that they clicked well, Myungsoo became someone Sungyeol liked to have long conversations about all kinds of things, so when they spent the entire day together out of any of their apartments with the kids, Sungyeol caught himself enjoying the younger through the day.

After the ice cream, Sungyeol and Myungsoo agreed to take the kids to the arcade to tire them out enough so they would go to bed early because there was school tomorrow. The kids played all kinds of games that they could, often competing against each other and forgetting about the adults, that quietly watched over them while talking to each other. Sungyeol had tried a couple of times to make Myungsoo explain what he meant when he said 'people didn't believe in him when he gave advises about bad dudes' but every time he tried to approach it Myungsoo majestically avoided that subject, and, yes, Sungyeol had to agree that Myungsoo was very creative when dodging that.

After a dancing match that had the four of them trying to play together because the kids hadn't much coordination to play on their own, they lost and decided to go for the next game.

I can't believe there are people with a perfect score on that game.” Myungsoo said in disbelief as they four walked in search of their next game adventure. “Who's Boradori? Who's DdoDdo? Why they can't let young children be happy with the possibility of scoring?” He grumbled.

Sungyeol laughed hard, Woohyun had been upset when he saw his name wouldn't be in the hall of fame but he already distracted himself with something else while his father was still being grumpy.

Sometimes Sungjong and Sunggyu come here with Hoya. Sungyeol said when he recomposed himself a bit and Myungsoo looked at him with a lifted brow, he didn't know what his neighbor was hinting. “Hoya hyung is very good at dancing, I'm sure you already heard Sunggyu call him dancing hyung. His real name is Lee Howon and his pen name is Hoya, but because he thinks if he would use his pen name on games it wouldn't be that professional...” Myungsoo tilted his head to the side in confusion. “What I mean is, Hoya is Boradori.” Sungyeol finally explained.

But then Ddoddo....”

Ddoddo is Dongwoo hyung, the kid's teacher. After months competing for their names on top of the hall of fame, the hyungs finally met at the gym and after some talk realized they were sort of competing, they had dinner together and the rest is history.” Sungyeol explained with a smile. “When they come here Sungjong plays some shooting game while they play that game and Sunggyu just pick a side and cheer them. He is not much into moving his bones, I'm sure you noticed it already.”

Oh, that makes sense.” Myungsoo finally blinked in understanding a bit embarrassed so he tried to change the subject. “Well, it's not like you're into moving your body much either.” Myungsoo teased referring to the game he played with Sunggyu against him and Woohyun, which the father-son pair won without much effort. “Which game you like to play when you come here then? I'm a bit rusty since I don't play much since Woohyun was born, but I challenge you on the one you like it.”

Nah, if it's playing games, I like those that involve strategy.”

Like what?” Myungsoo insisted.

I like to play chess, though I don't play often.” Sungyeol answered and Myungsoo furrowed his brow, the last time he even saw a game of chess it was in a scene of a Harry Potter movie. He knew the rules and how to play but to say it was an extremely popular game? Well, not in his book. But Sungyeol was different from the most so he could only shrug that off and label one more thing that made Sungyeol stand out from the rest of the people he was used to hanging out with.

Ok, I can play a bit of chess.” Myungsoo said confidently much for Sungyeol amusement. “Let's play some other day.”

You do really wanna play chess with me?” The taller asked in a mix of amusement and surprise. “You want to challenge me?”

Sure, whenever we have the time, why not?”

Next Saturday, my place, we can ask Sungjong and Moonsoo to watch the kids.” Sungyeol suggested now getting excited and Myungsoo couldn't believe he sparked such enthusiasm from Sungyeol just because he agreed to play that boring game. And, just like he said, he wouldn't mind playing that game, but he already had plans for next Saturday.

I have a basketball game next weekend so I kind of have to concentrate on that..” Sungyeol was already making a disappointed face when he quickly added something else. “But if you want you can come watch my game, and then after it, we can have dinner and play some chess, what do you think of it?”

Sungyeol eyes lightened up again much for Myungsoo relief. “Oh, yeah, you play for our college team right? You're kind of one of the kingkas.” He teased and Myungsoo softly elbowed him.

I'm not a kingka. People tend to like me but I'm definitely not one of those.”

I'm kidding.” Sungyeol raised his hands in the air. “But ok, I'll go watch your match, you better win that one because I won't let you win when we play chess.” He said confidently and offered a handshake for his neighbor that took it and shook with enthusiasm.

I don't think I will lose but ok, it's a…” Myungsoo halted his words. Taking part of each other hobbies and spending almost a whole day together seemed like they just agreed to have a date (pretty much like this one, now that he stopped to think about it), but as soon as he thought about that word his brain told him to halt his words, not only because might freak Sungyeol out but because the kids seemed to have found the game they wanted to play and now they ran back at them. “... deal” He managed to complete.

Daddy!”

Sungyeol hyung!”

Great.” Sungyeol smiled pleased then let go of Myungsoo hand and both of them turned to see what the children wanted.

Daddy, we want to play that game.” Woohyun quickly hugged his dad's legs and pointed to a machine with a gun that it seemed like it was something that recreated one of those fair games. “If we win enough points we can exchange the paper coins for a plush toy!” He explained.

And you want to play this Sunggyu?” Sungyeol furrowed his brows as Sunggyu in disbelief while the boy hesitated to hug Sungyeol long legs the way Woohyun had done with his father.

Hoya hyung won me my Nemo plushie, I want Dory now.” It came Sunggyu answer.

Woohyun, I don't have much money left for today alright? So we try once and we'll go home.” Myungsoo explained and his son readily agreed then pulled his dad towards the machine which made Sungyeol just sigh and follow them.

After a quick game of Kai Bai Bo, it was decided that Sunggyu would try first then Woohyun would try right after, but as expected Sunggyu hadn't much luck winning much on the game that would be enough to get his dory plush toy. As for Woohyun, he was a bit short to even reach the gun properly and Myungsoo couldn't hold him completely still so the boy could shoot right.

This isn't fair!” Sunggyu whined and crossed his arms. “This isn't enough to get Dory.”

Daddy, you moooooveed.” Woohyun hugged his father legs again. “Let me try again!”

Well, it's hard to hold you so still, you're already seven Woohyun, you're growing heavy. Besides, I only had more money for one try only and then we would go home, you had your chance now let's go home.” Myungsoo explained and made his son let go of him which made the boy pout. He quickly gave his son a warning look and that told the boy to behave before he looked at the elder that had been quietly analyzing something at the side of the machine. “Right hyung?”

What?” Sungyeol come out from his thoughts and finally looked at the three other boys.

The boys already finished their last game, we can go home now. The young dad quickly explained and waited for Sungyeol to back him up but this was not what happened because Sungyeol just moved his eyes back to what he was looking at before.

Myungsoo, do you remember this?” He pointed to the side of the machine and Myungsoo got near him to look what he was pointing. There was a list of the prizes and how many paper coins they would need to get any of them. High on that list, there was a character of a cartoon that used to be popular when they were about the age of the kids.

Oh, I remember this cartoon, this was quite popular.” Myungsoo analyzed the picture of a character from Card Captor Sakura.

I wasn't much into TV or cartoons but I liked this one, I even had a plush when I was around the boy's age.” Sungyeol admitted with some nostalgia on his voice.

I wasn't going to say anything but since you admitted you had one....” Myungsoo hesitated. “I had one too, but mine was Kero Chan, not Suppi.

The boys looked at the picture and while Sunggyu couldn't understand how an unpopular character would cost so high Woohyun seemed to recognize the said character. “Dad, isn't this that my Kero chan? When are you going to fix it and give me back?”

Yes, sorry for that.” Myungsoo smiled awkwardly and ran a hand through his son's hair while Woohyun pouted. “I got as a gift when I was your age but when you were born you took a liking to it and it would help me to put you to sleep if you were holding something so I had to give it to you.” He then turned back to Sungyeol, ready to urge him home but he noticed Sungyeol was placing his hands on his pockets. “You want to try?” He asked.

Yes! Hyung, get me, Dory!” Sunggyu cheered.

No, hyung, get me, Woody!” Woohyun pleaded.

No, I will try for Suppi.” Sungyeol said in a definitive manner.

Really?” Myungsoo asked bemused while the boys complained.

Of course, Lord only knows when I'll find my favorite character in a plush form again, Suppi is not as popular as Kero and he makes me remember good things.” Sungyeol said as he placed some coins inside the machine and grabbed the gun while the machine beeped signaling for the game to begin.

Ok, but he is expensive so you won't be able to miss that many shots. In another word... you're good at this right?” Myungsoo asked and Sungyeol body went still before he turned very slowly to look at his neighbor as if only occurred to him now that he would need some skill. Sungyeol didn't say anything maybe because of his pride, but his eyes betrayed him and begged for Myungsoo's help which made the young dad chuckle and goes around Sungyeol to give him tips.

You're tall, it's advantageous in a game like this because you can bend your knees slightly for stability.” He said as he was tapping Sungyeol body so the oldest would bend where he wanted. “Yes, keep your posture like this, and lift your chin a bit.” He ran a hand on Sungyeol back and then pulled the older chin up.

The motion sensor of those kinds of games are quite sensitive so your hold has to be steady and then you aim like this...” Myungsoo positioned his body behind Sungyeol, pressing his chest against the elder back, which already made Sungyeol feel extremely self-conscious and nervous, what the hell was Myungsoo doing? “Now you just need to inhale and...” Myungsoo was giving the last tip in his ear with a really low voice when Sungyeol couldn't take more of that situation anymore and just shoot so he would end this soon.

Hyung, you missed a shot, now you won't probably get enough points for Suppi even if you aim right.” Myungsoo complained as Sungyeol quickly pushed the gun on his hands and walked as fast as he could from his neighbor.

I knew he wouldn't be able to make it.” Woohyun blurted upset.

We still can get more points for Dory right?” Sunggyu asked with hope, not even noticing the way Sungyeol was slightly hyperventilating.

Finish the game, get the kids whatever they want so we can go home.” Sungyeol ordered.

Yayyyyyyyyyyyy!” “Daddy, I want Woody!” “No, Dory!” The kids talked interrupting each other.

OK.” Myungsoo found that weird but ended up agreeing then turned around to the game and shoot a couple of times with the best of his abilities, getting the highest score possible and with that the paper price that they would have to exchange for the plushies.

It turns out that what Myungsoo got, summed with what the kids got, wasn't enough to get what the kids originally wanted, but it was enough for Woohyun to get a bunny and Sunggyu a small hamster and make them happy enough to convince them to go home.

As soon as the adults opened their doors the kids quickly said their goodbyes, promising they would see each other the next day, and ran for the bathroom so they could bathe, leaving both adults alone.

Today was pretty nice...” Myungsoo was about to thank Sungyeol with a smile for coming with them when the other pinched the bridge of his nose and breathed deep before addressing him.

Yes, it was nice, you're nice, you're a good company, but can you stop doing things that leave me uncomfortable? I already asked you a couple of times, please stop.” Sungyeol pleaded tiredly.

I didn't do anything today.” Myungsoo said kind of betrayed and defensive and Sungyeol merely squeezed his eyes at his neighbor. Hyung, please, you're only saying this because you think....

I'm not thinking Myungsoo, I am sure we are different.” Sungyeol interrupted to talk emphatically. “Not only because we are different, but because of my personality too, I can be in a difficult position. I know what you do doesn't have a deeper meaning when you do these kinds of things but it can lead me on and I'm sure you wouldn't like it if I developed feelings for you.” Myungsoo eyes grew slightly big. “Hearing no would break my heart and I would never ever be able to look in your eyes again so remaining as friends wouldn't happen. If you don't want to do this for me, do for the kids, how would you explain this to them?”

Myungsoo blinked his eyes slowly, he had to agree that if a reason was a pool Sungyeol would be bathing into it, he could lead Sungyeol into thinking he had feelings that weren't there. Still, this was completely wrong in his eyes as well because he felt good when he touched Sungyeol even when it was only on the wrists (which he did do a couple of times today and it doesn't seem to be the problem).

Ok, hyung, I won't ever get that close from you again without your consent and I'll tone down whatever urge of skin ship I might have.” He agreed with a defeated and guilty tone as he looked down at his feet as an adult scolded version of Woohyun.

Thank you.” Sungyeol said with a sigh as he recognized Myungsoo genuine guilty tone. “It's not like you can't touch me at all. I'm fine with this, this, this and this.” Sungyeol said and demonstrated some friendly/playful touches in Myungsoo's arms, shoulder, wrist, and ribs. “Now, I have to check if Sunggyu is washing properly, see you tomorrow.”

With that Sungyeol forced a smile and Myungsoo nodded weakly before he went inside his apartment and left Myungsoo alone. “Only you think that would be a bad thing, I don't think I would mind.” Myungsoo said in such low whisper that he mistook it as his own thoughts.

Did he really mean what he said? He liked Sungyeol personality, but like that? Sungyeol was right about one thing though, wouldn't all kinds of skinship with everyone making the one feel less special because they would have to share it? Suddenly he thought he had a lot of thinking to do and a headache formed in his head.

Myungsoo would be left there with the brain making a show of hurting him if Woohyun hadn't screamed for him to get a towel that he forgot. “.” He said as he pinched the bridge of his nose to alleviate stress. Woohyun was one more and the most important variant in that equation, how to even share this all with him? Was Sungyeol even worth it a major change in every little ing thing in his life?

With a heavy sigh and a heavy heart, he went inside his apartment to tend to his son.

_____________________________________________

When Monday came Myungsoo was so quiet and so inside his thoughts during their morning ride towards the kid's school that Woohyun asked Sungyeol if the neighbor had said anything bad to his dad yesterday because his father was behaving weirdly since then.

That immediately rang a bell in Sungyeol head because this was probably because of their talk yesterday. Honestly, it made him feel guilty, but he didn't know any better way to protect himself. Myungsoo acts could lead him on, and he slipped a lot about the touching part but it was not like he could see malice in Myungsoo and that was, alongside Sunggyu, the only thing that made him not close his door on his neighbor forever.

He ended up lying to Woohyun and saying that nothing happened but promised him to find out what this was all about, it was not like Myungsoo even noticed Sungyeol and Woohyun talking about him right in his face.

Myungsoo, you're so out of it today, is it because of what we talked about yesterday?” He asked as soon as he took off from the kid's school towards their college.

Myungsoo body went rigid but he shifts himself to look at Sungyeol and forced a smile. “Just a little, it bothers me because it seems like I always do something bad to you despite that not being my intentions, but on the other side it makes perfect sense and this is not all that I have in mind.”

Ok, do you want to share?” Sungyeol voiced his question very hesitantly.

I...” Myungsoo wanted to talk about everything inside his heart, inside his head, about himself, about Woohyun, about Sungyeol and Sunggyu, about his parents, about Woohyun mother and all his burdens, but he knew that this wasn't a moment for it, not when he wasn't sure of what he could say, what he couldn't, so he decided to lie. “I have a problem with Woohyun and I am thinking about ways to solve the problem when the time comes.”

Ok.” Sungyeol said carefully, not knowing if Myungsoo would elaborate but the younger did just that so his lie would be more believable.

It's just... we lived with my parents since Woohyun was born, but this year I managed to gather some money so we could have our own space. While that is being a great adventure, I have been dealing with problems I hadn't before like cooking and house chores and making sure he arrives at school on time - and you've been a great help because I kind of use the time when Woohyun is with Sunggyu to do all of that and you're also helping with locomotion – but finals are coming and we are both still college students, we have to study, and after the next week I have tons of things to do and you'll study as well and I can't bring myself to send Woohyun to your apartment at that time and I have to make sure he studies for his tests as well and... I don't know what to do....”

Sungyeol had no idea of Myungsoo inner turmoil and that was a very valid concern - he didn't even stop to think what he would do this year that Sungjong wouldn't be able to help him and if Hoya couldn't he would probably be doomed - so he had no way to know that this wasn't the complete truth.

Gosh, now that you talk about it what do I do too?” He complained. “Seriously, I have this huge amount of things to do... I really hope Hoya hyung can help me because...”

Sungyeol ranted away but that faded into background noise because Myungsoo wasn't paying attention anymore. The young dad knew he could ask his father to help with Woohyun and that has he had all the intentions to do, what he didn't know was what to do with himself.

When Tuesday arrived Myungsoo and Sungyeol went back to Hoya's dad office so the guy could remove the stitches, thing that only happened after another short story about Woohyun mom and the time she would play Juliet in the school play but ended up not playing because she broke an arm climbing on a three to steal apples.

That Wednesday was Myungsoo last practice before the last match of the semester and, although Woohyun stayed home with Sungyeol and Sunggyu, Myungsoo father popped up there because he thought his son would need help. Funny thing was that Moonsoo and Sungjong also appeared and the youngest Kim squirmed in his seat during practice, afraid that his father would discover he was dating another boy because he hadn't had the guts to tell his parents about Sungjong yet. Once the practice was over Myungsoo went to talk to his family.

Guys, I didn't know you would come!” He greeted with a smile.

I thought you might need somebody to watch over Woohyun for you while you practice. Talking about him, where is my bundle of joy?”

He's home.” Moonsoo explained.

Home?” Myungsoo father asked with furrowed brows.

But not alone, remember Woohyun befriended the kid next door? Sometimes he stays with them during my practice, besides he needed to study so I figured it would be better if he stayed home.” Myungsoo explained.

Sungjong snorted. “And you can trust Sungyeol hyung to make somebody study, he is so evil, I bet Sunggyu and Woohyun are crying right this moment.”

Who's Sungyeol?” The Kim patriarch asked.

My brother.” Sungjong answered.

My neighbor.” Myungsoo answered too but avoiding their gazes, which sent red flags for Sungjong, something was wrong.

The one that...?” Myungsoo father was about to ask about the playing ban when Sungjong interrupted.

Unfortunately, but there was a huge improvement on his character lately and now he spends quite the amount of time with the kids.” Sungjong explained and then turned to Myungsoo. “Did he do something weird again?”

What? No!” Myungsoo lied and forced a smile and both his brother and father eyed each other with raised brows, they didn't know if Sungjong was fooled, but there was no way Myungsoo could fool them. “He has been great and sometimes he even sends us food. I just.. I think we're taking too much advantage of him, and since we are both students and the finals are around the corner, I need to think what to do with Woohyun, I can't simply send him to your apartment Sungjong, Sungyeol hyung has to study too.”

I don't think he'll study, if he sends Sunggyu to Hoya's hyung I bet he will just work or, I don't know, do something else, I don't think he is needing high grades or something.” Sungjong said with a blank expression. “But if you're really uncomfortable with sending Woohyun there during finals week then I don't know what to advise you.”

It's ok because this old man here misses his grandson like hell and has been dying to spend time with him. Your mom will be all over Korea the next couple of weeks, I can stay behind and take care of Woohyunnie for you son, it's no problem at all.”

Thank you, dad, I'll make sure to fluff the pillows in my bed for you.” Myungsoo politely agreed.

You better, I have been having this weird pain on my back lately, maybe I can visit some doctor while our Namu is at school.” The old Kim the hung an arm around his son's neck and started pulling him for the exit. “Now, let me take you home, Woohyunnie must be missing you and I have to hit the road, bye Moonsoo!” He waved with his other hand and Moonsoo breathed relieved once his father and brother disappeared.

I'm sorry Sungjong, I still hadn't time to tell my parents, but as soon as finals are over I'll find a way to tell them and...”

It's ok... I didn't expect you to tell them that soon when you took so long to even profess your feelings for me.” Moonsoo let out another break he didn't know he was holding. “It's just, your brother seemed...”

Like lying? I didn't think you would notice but, yeah.” Moonsoo agreed.

Gosh hyung, when I think you're getting better....” Sungjong suddenly stomped his feet on the ground and pulled his hair a bit. “What should I do with him?”

I don't know, maybe they fought, last time I even saw Myungsoo hyung looking like that, he had fought with Woohyun mom right in the beginning of their relationship.”

Do you think...” Suddenly Sungjong was full of hope.

Look... before you I thought I was straight so I can't say anything about anyone. I am sure just about one thing: Myungsoo hyung hasn't looked at anyone since Jihyun noona died and I don't think he will ever look at anyone, boy or girl, that way.” Moonsoo said, killing Sungjong hope.

Yeah, maybe they just fought about parenting things again.”

No, I think it's more on the personal side but Myungsoo hyung will keep whatever it is for himself, can you, I don't know ask your brother about.”

No, I can't because Sungyeol hyung can be so annoying that...” Suddenly his eyes lighten up with an idea. “We can always call the hyungs to corner him. Why don't we invite Hoya and Dongwoo hyungs to Myungsoo hyung game? We can discuss our theories and tactics during the game and then during dinner, we can convince Sungyeol hyung to join us for dinner and then we can corner him with the help of the hyungs.”Sungjong finished with an evil smirk.

Sounds like a plan, I've never been so anxious to watch my brother's game before.” Moonsoo smirked just as evilly as his counterpart if he couldn't bring the truth out of his brother, he was in to take the truth out of his brother in law.

 

_______________________________________________________________________
AN: Hello, it's me, I was wondering if after all this time you'd like to read... *now hides after parodying Adele*

Hey folks... I had really busy weeks but I hope everything will tone down at least a bit, for the sake of my health, at this point I don't even have a voice anymore. Anyway, I'm back.