Tooth of the tiger

Tangled
 
 

It was awkward. Despite both men putting effort to get to know each other, Myungsoo and Sungyeol hadn't been meeting eyes, which made Sunggyu feel a bit insecure about it - he thought the adults were going to fight again, but Woohyun was positive that they wouldn't - but of course when things were too awkward the adults had a favorite subject that could make them relax and that actually led them into exchanging phone numbers.

So... do you know if your brother and my brother are dating already?” Sungyeol ask after they dropped the kids at school.

Argh no, I swear to god, that kid is so slow.” Myungsoo huffed annoyed. “I mean, what is holding him back?”

Right? RIGHT?” Sungyeol agreed, he was dying to know how Saturday went for both teenagers, but whenever he tried to approach the subject Sungjong would stop talking right away.

Can't you tell Sungjong to take the initiative instead?” Myungsoo ended up playfully begging.

You don't know Sungjong. He is so used to people chasing after him he wouldn't probably know what to do.” Sungyeol sighed.

But it's Friday already!” Myungsoo whined.

I know!” Sungyeol agreed frustrated as he parked he then looked straight at Myungsoo eyes and with a devious smile, which made Myungsoo a bit stunned, he suggested. “Want to corner them tomorrow? You have practice, right? What if we try to corner them during dinner?”

The neighbor also smirked deviously when he snapped back to reality. “So the tactics are divide and conquer?”

Orrrrrr, we can take them out to the same place and 'oh, what a coincidence'?” Sungyeol faked surprise.

Myungsoo inhaled deeply before showing his dimples in a pleased smile. “I didn't think you had a devious side on you, I like it...” He said and Sungyeol made a confused expression so he was quick to correct himself. “I mean, I like this idea, let's develop this plan further.”

Sungyeol ended up laughing. “I'd like to, but if I don't hurry I'll get late my for my class, I mean, I have literally five minutes to get my into my classroom.”

Oh, I'm holding you back, sorry!” Myungsoo said apologetically.

Let's exchange numbers, so we can scheme later.” Sungyeol suggested and Myungsoo wondered why he always got dragged into scheming with these set of brothers, though he wouldn't comply when that could help he and Sungyeol to become closer.

And they had schemed indeed, but things didn't come out how they wanted and Myungsoo was ditched by his brother on Saturday, while Sungjong refused to come to visit Sunggyu under the excuse of an essay to do, so they decided to wait for the next Saturday to corner the teenagers, and, if they didn't appear, they would all probably pay a visit to the teenagers dorm.

While they waited for the next weekend to come and they were entertained with the possibility of Sungjong and Moonsoo dating, they hadn't thought about the kiss and started to feel less awkward towards each other, but all the calmness of had abruptly stopped on Tuesday, May 8th.

Everything had pretty much been routine and this particular Tuesday would probably be like that too if in Korea wasn't celebrated parents day, that given both Woohyun and Sunggyu situations that wouldn't be easy for them. Dongwoo had asked the class to write a short text about their parents so he could make the boys read it out loud, make some evaluation of their reading skills and for the kids learn about different kinds of families. He expected something to happen with Sunggyu, but how things would go with Woohyun he had no idea.

He had called many kids already until was time for Sunggyu, and, when called, his small eyes went big. He was praying to not be called because he had done this the last year and that didn't end well for him. “Come on.” Dongwoo insisted with an encouraging smile.

I don't wanna...” Sunggyu was ready to refuse but Woohyun grabbed his hand and squeezed it tight.

Hyung, I want to know about your parents.” The boy said and Sunggyu sighed, got up and headed for the front of the classroom as if he was going to the guillotine and with trembling hands, he started to read his essay.

My family.” He read the title first, he was the only one using a title, maybe because Sungyeol told him to do that. “My family is a mommy, daddy, two brothers and me. I'm the maknae, but sometimes I don't like it, especially when Sungyeol hyung screams at me because he is the oldest. My mom was a chef in a fancy hotel and she met my dad when he was traveling for work and they fell in love.” He gulped a lump that had formed in his throat. “Daddy was a singer in a rock band and.....”

Is your father really a singer? Is he famous? Like BTS or EXO?” One kid asked.

Don't be dumb, of course not.” Another one snorted.

Kids, let Sunggyu finish so you can ask him questions if you want to know something.” Dongwoo lightly scolded. “Sunggyu, you can continue now.”

The boy bit his lips, breathed deeply to try to continue, or tried to. “...whenever he was home he sang for me till I fell asleep and he would often take me to rehearse with him whenever he had a concert. I loved to spend time with daddy but usually, I spent more time with mommy.” By then Sunggyu already had tears forming in his small eyes that he tried to blink away. “Everyday mom would cook something different for me and... and...”

Sunggyu stopped and Dongwoo got worried. “Are you ok Sunggyu?” He asked softly.

Sunggyu shook his head and wiped a tear. “I-I miss them-them so much.” He ended up saying while his classmates started to whisper among themselves and Woohyun looked very concerned.

Where are they?” Some kid dared to ask.

Ok, I guess this is enough.” Dongwoo said and approached him, he wiped the boy tears and told him the boy to go back to his seat where Woohyun was taking his water bottle out of his bag to offer to his hyung - his dad always offered him water when he was too upset to think straight – when Dongwoo addressed the whole classroom.

It seems that Sunggyu lost his parents. He spoke as if hadn't already known. Sunggyu, I'm sure your parents are proud that you opened up a bit to talk about them.” He then gave the class an overall glance. “I want you all to think about how painful Sunggyu’s situation is and don't make fun of him because of that, remember that he is the oldest in this class and you all have to be good dongsaengs to him. With all our support I am sure Sunggyu will open up more and we all will become friends.”

Some kids eyed Sunggyu, that had hidden his face in his arms while Woohyun patted his hair fondly, with pity, just only seemed to not understand how someone could live without his parents, but they didn't whisper anymore. “Lee Ahreum, you're next.”

A girl with pigtails ran to the front of the class and started her text. “My mom is a ballerina....”

As the kids focused on whatever the girl, and the classmates after her, spoke Sunggyu was able to calm down and stop crying, maybe because Woohyun was being a candy and very supporting friend and kept whispering in his ear that he was proud of him, that he was happy to know more about his parents and it must have been so cool to have a rock star daddy.

But daddy wore glasses.” Sunggyu replied/whispered in a small voice once he started to feel better. “And mommy always told me to peel the onions.”

That's awesome.” Woohyun cheered in a whisper, although he didn't seem to like to do the same tasks. “Daddy taught me how to cook ramyeon, but I can only cook if there is an adult watching.” He replied.

Nam Woohyun!” Dongwoo interrupted their conversation and the two boys looked at him as if deer are caught in the headlight. “It's your turn now.”

Oh, right!” Woohyun giggled to himself and got a lot of papers on his desk and ran towards the front of the class. “Can I start?” He asked and Dongwoo chuckled as he nodded, Woohyun seemed eager to share so he wondered what it would come.

My daddy is the best daddy in the world.” That statement alone made some kids look at him frowning or glaring, they didn't agree with that. “We live together since I was born but until last year we lived with grandpa, grandma and Uncle Moonsoo in Incheon, now it's just the two of us and I have my own room. Daddy is...” He stopped reading and pulled another paper to show the class. “My daddy is very handsome, this is him, I drew him to i-illu-illustate.” He pointed to a black figure with an L-shaped nose.

Illustrate.” Dongwoo corrected.

Yeah, that... and he likes black, this is why...” He then grabbed his essay and started reading again. “Just like me Daddy also goes to school and he plays basketball there, he always wins all of his games.” He showed a drawing of what supposed to be Myungsoo with an orange-ish ball and a green uniform. “Daddy likes to take pictures, he takes a lot of pictures of me and he says it's because he wants to remember things forever.” Woohyun seemed to be a little sad on the last sentence but showed another drawing of Myungsoo with a big camera on his neck.

Daddy and I spend a lot of time together and he has the best hugs of the world. He takes me to play soccer and sometimes we play in the pool of grandma house. We cook together, we practice reading together before I go to sleep and I can talk about anything with him. I love my daddy this much.” He opened his tiny little arms as much as he could. “End.” He smiled proud of himself.

Let's clap for Woohyun.” Dongwoo said and the kids complied, Sunggyu had been an enthusiast and clapped the hardest. “Any questions for him?” He asked.

Woohyun didn't interact much with other kids but he was still well liked and the kids seemed to wait for any chance to get to know about him and befriend him so they wouldn't let that opportunity to pass and raise their hands in the air and Dongwoo started to point towards the kids so they could start voicing their questions.

Why your daddy still goes to school? Is he a teacher?”

No. Dad is a student.” Woohyun replied.

Why?” “How?” Different kids asked.

Because my daddy is young.”

Doesn't he work to support you?”

Sometimes.” Woohyun seemed unsure about that. “During school break?” He scratched his nape nervously. Dongwoo should take a hint that Woohyun was starting to feel uncomfortable by then, but in his defense, he didn't know how things would turn out later because he let the next set of questions be asked.

Where is your mom?”

She is..” Before he could reply another question was asked.

What does she do?”

No, she..” He was interrupted again.

Why your mom doesn't live with you? Doesn't she loves you?”

Ok, now was enough even for Woohyun, he couldn't take this anymore. “Of course she loves me.” Woohyun was finally able to say angrily. “Mom loves me the most and she is very proud of me, daddy tells me that all the time!”

Wouldn't she live with you if she loves you?”

She can't because she died after I was born.” He explained exasperatedly.

Ok, kids enough!” Dongwoo said, getting worried, but Woohyun was even more aggravated with more questions thrown at his face that he wasn't able to reply, but one of them stuck out for him in the middle of all the noise though.

Did you kill your own mother?” The kid gasped and the papers in Woohyun hand fell.

It only took a blink of Dongwoo eyes as he prepared to go to the kids, for Woohyun, that was very athletic and fast, to run to the kid, grab him by the hair and drag him to the ground before he jumped on the boy and started to hit him.

I didn't kill my mom! Take that back!” He said as he tried to hit his classmate and the boy hit it back as Dongwoo ran to break them apart and the other classmates gasped in surprise, Sunggyu even climbed out of his chair to go help his friend.

Woohyun, Mingyu, stop fighting! YAH!” He tried to break them but as soon as he managed to pull Woohyun off the boy got up on his feet and landed a blow on Woohyun mouth.

YAH! Mingyu! He is not hurting you anymore, this was a low blow.” Dongwoo scolded as he finally was able to put Woohyun behind him and turned around to talk to the other kid.

But he hit me!” The boy said in anger and with eyes full of tears, Woohyun hit him hard.

A fight is unacceptable, it doesn't matter who started!” Dongwoo scolded when it seemed like the boys had calmed down. “And you, Woohyun...” Dongwoo turned around to scold more but only to find Sunggyu trying to pat Woohyun as the boy examined something in the ground.

Hyung, he broke my tooth.” The boy whined. “It hurts.” Ok, it was a baby milky tooth and it would fall anytime now that Woohyun was seven, but it hadn't been time yet so what he felt was the pain, not to mention that the fallen tooth was one of his snaggle teeth and those weren't the ones that fell first.

What? Let me see!” Dongwoo demanded and went to inspect the boy with watering eyes’ mouth. As Dongwoo concentrated on that and was about to suggest to take him and the other boy to the infirmary to be checked when he heard a collective gasp and a hiss of pain.

He turned out to have the shock of his life because Sunggyu just had pushed the boy that hit Woohyun, but the boy’s friends weren't too happy with that and started to push him back. Dongwoo tried to be as fast as his thirty old self could and pull Sunggyu away but Woohyun was already fighting again and now there were about four to five kids fighting.

Dongwoo sighed deeply before getting himself between the boy's pushes, punches, and scratches, Hoya better treat him good tonight.

______________________________________________

Myungsoo walked back to his department after buying a bottle of water on the cafeteria. The day was kind of tiring and he just wanted the next class so he could pick up his bundle of joy in school and wait for his brother – that finally decided to appear because it was parents day – to pick them up so they could have dinner with his parents.

As soon as he was about to push the handle of the door and enter his classroom his phone rang and Myungsoo frowned. Who could it be? He just had spoken with Moonsoo, his parents only called him after school time, and usually when he had Woohyun around him, and few of his friends only texted.

Hello?” He answered his phone despite the number being unknown.

Hello, is this Mr. Kim Myungsoo?” The person on the other side of the line asked

Yes?” Myungsoo answered unsurely.

I'm Seo Inguk, from Youngsang Elementary and we're calling about your son Nam Woohyun...” The guy started to explain but Myungsoo instantly panicked.

Did something happen to him? Is he fine? He didn't fall or anything, right? Is it a fever? But he was fine this morning...” He started to rant with worry evident in his tone.

Sir, please calm down. Woohyun is fine. Mostly.”

How the hell mostly?” Myungsoo hissed on the phone angrily.

We don't know all the details yet but it seems that Woohyun got himself involved in a big fight. The other kids’ parents were already contacted so we require your presence here so can solve this situation as smoothly as we can.”

““Ok, I'm coming, but Woohyun is not to be forced to apologize or anything before I arrive and listen to him. And if I discover that happened...hell will descend upon earth and hit Youngsang Elementary.” Myungsoo growled a threat and hung the phone.

He entered his classroom as the teacher was taking attendance and got his things before he went to the teacher and roughly explained a situation. The teacher was a bit startled by the revelation that Myungsoo had a son but let him go and the young dad started running out of his class, his department, and the building.

He directed himself for the nearest exit to hail a cab and consequently go faster but in his haste to get to the school soon he almost got himself ran over by a car and the driver honked until Myungsoo came to his senses and went out of the way.

Yah! Do you want to die?” The driver yelled from the car and was about to speed up when he noticed who was running. “Yah! Myungsoo!” The said guy turned his head and was surprised to see Sungyeol frowning at him, though he didn't have time to lose.

Can we talk about this later? I have a situation with Woohyun at school and...” He said panting.

You too?” Sungyeol asked in surprise. “Get in, I'm going there as well.” He ordered and Myungsoo did what he was told, he wouldn't miss a ride if he could arrive at the boys’ school faster. “Why were you called in school?” He asked as soon as the other entered his car.

It seems that Woohyun got into a fight.” Myungsoo replied as he fastened his seatbelt and Sungyeol sped up. “I can't believe this, Woohyun is very polite and all about love and hugs, I can't imagine him fighting.” He added nervously.

What about Sunggyu? Sunggyu can't even take his bowl to the sink without complaining, really, he is so lazy, last year when the boys were picking on him he couldn't even defend himself so I wonder what happened for him to get into a fight as well.” Sungyeol ranted his concerns and Myungsoo gasped.

What if they fought each other?” He asked, that was a possibility, after all, kids were kids, they fought and made up all the time.

What? If Sunggyu fought with Woohyun now, after pissing me for months to let them play, he will be grounded until he leaves for mandatory service.” Sungyeol said annoyed but a bit comically, at least it showed Myungsoo that Sungyeol was sticking to his decision and that pleased, and, at this moment, comforted him too.

The car ride was tense, both men were worried about their kids and didn't talk much beyond speculation. They arrived at the boys’ school around 15 minutes later - Sungyeol might have sped up a bit, if he didn't get a fine it was going to be a miracle - and ran to the school office to find a couple of parents talking to each other while waiting or checking their kids.

Myungsoo and Sungyeol looked at each other confused, there were about 4 children there. After introducing themselves to the secretary she told them that the principal was waiting for the kids’ teacher in his office for them and took them there.

Mr. Kim, Mr. Lee.” The guy greeted although very serious. “I'm sorry to request for your presence here on parents-day”

What happened?” Sungyeol asked straight to the point.

Where's Woohyun?” Myungsoo also made his question, more worried about his son.

Maybe we should sit down so we can talk.” The principal said but Myungsoo wouldn't have that.

I'm fine standing, where is my son?” He almost growled protectively.

The kids are in another room with a staff, but don't worry, they are mostly fine but we should talk first. I imagine you already know the kid's teacher....”

Yeah, yeah. We've met him in the parents-teachers meeting.” Sungyeol agreed, doing his best to look like he didn't know Dongwoo, or else the poor teacher might be accused of being biased.

Good, he will explain what happened better, right teacher Jang?” The guy placed a hand on Dongwoo’s shoulder and the poor teacher felt as if he was being conducted to him doom, apparently his seemed to be on the line as well.

Yes.” Dongwoo forced a smile that had Sungyeol frowning, maybe this caused troubles for him as well, no matter what he would have a talk with Sunggyu later to help Dongwoo out. “As you know Sunggyu is very smart and Woohyun is a very communicative boy but..”

truth please.” Both Sungyeol and Myungsoo managed to say together. Dongwoo hesitated a bit, looking at his superior, but the guy almost glared at him so he started talking.

What happened, as you might know, was that both Sunggyu and Woohyun fought other boys in the middle of the class.”

I find that hard to believe when Sunggyu is against any kind of physical exercise.” Sungyeol said in disbelief and, frankly, a bit of sarcasm.

Well, I believe even less. The most complex fighting Woohyun ever did was to kick a plush toy out of his bed while he was sleeping.” Myungsoo added.

But they did.” Dongwoo and held his hands in front of his body so the other two could see some scratches and both Sungyeol and Myungsoo eyes were big.

I don't understand... Woohyun is a really good kid.” Myungsoo was still in denial. “Was he provoked?” He asked. “Even if he was, Woohyun can solve things using words, I don't see why he would fight.... was he defending Sunggyu?” Given how the two boys were attached this was the only option Myungsoo could think of.

Good question, was Sunggyu being bullied again? Because if it was so I will transfer him to another education district and I'll pay a visit to the Education Department to complain about the inefficacy of this school policy against bullies. Your inability to deal with my brother’s problems made me have to pull him off school already and he lost a year, the only reason he is still in this school is that he likes teacher Jang.” Sungyeol growled, hoping to save Dongwoo’s in the process.

Mr. Lee, we did everything we could at the time and....” The principal tried to explain himself but Sungyeol didn't want to know.

And it didn't work! Because of this Sunggyu’s psychological condition worsened even more and he had to go to therapy for months, not to mention he is still scared to open up. If this is about bullying, I won't force Sunggyu to apologize to anyone.” Sungyeol was growling and Myungsoo, that was a first-timer dealing with this kind of stuff only knew how to nod, he would back Sungyeol in everything and if Woohyun was helping Sunggyu he would probably scold him lightly, after all, he was only being a good friend.

Mr. Lee.” Dongwoo interfered this time and both men looked at him. “Let me explain how that happened.” Sungyeol nodded in agreement so he started from the beginning. “Every year on parents days I give the kids the task to write a small text about their parents and read out loud, this is something that helps me to evaluate them although they don't know they are being evaluated so they won't feel nervous, and this year wasn't different.” Suddenly both men faces became pale as they each thought about their own family issues. “Sunggyu made a huge progress from last year and although he cried a bit he was able to talk about his parents and the reaction was good, the other kids didn't pick on him and he was able to calm himself with Woohyun’s help.”

Sungyeol expression became puzzled as Dongwoo moved his eyes to Myungsoo. “The fight started with Woohyun.” He said and the boy's dad almost choked. “He was doing very good, as he wrote a detailed text together with some drawings to illustrate. His text was entirely about you Mr. Kim.” He added and Myungsoo tensed. “We encourage the kids to answer some questions so they can start learning how to talk in public very early and, as you both know, Woohyun and Sunggyu don't let anybody in their world, still Woohyun is very popular and the kids were excited about the possibility of knowing him better. So the kids asked about his mom, why he didn't live with her and...” He was about to continue when Myungsoo interrupted.

I wish to continue this talk after I talk to my son privately about our family matters. I want to know what exactly he was asked, what he felt that made him fight. Where is he?” Myungsoo demanded.

Mr. Kim, I don't think...” The principal was about to say something but Myungsoo didn't want to know.

WHERE IS MY SON?” Myungsoo yelled and even Sungyeol became startled.

In the room at the end of the corridor.” Dongwoo quickly said despite his boss glare and in a blink of an eye, Myungsoo disappeared leaving the other three in a heavy silence in the room.

So... about Sunggyu... how the hell he...” Sungyeol hesitated but broke the silence to ask.

I broke Woohyun and the other boy apart and Sunggyu came to Woohyun’s aid. I turned around to scold the other boy for landing a punch on Woohyun as I was pulling him out and, in the meantime, Sunggyu discovered that Woohyun was missing a tooth.”

Sungyeol gasped. “Missing a tooth?” He was incredulous.

Missing a tooth.” Dongwoo repeated. “So Sunggyu started the fight all over again, this time involving more people.”

No way.” Sungyeol was livid now he blinked a couple of times to assimilate what had happened before he became concerned. “Is Sunggyu missing a tooth too? Is he alright?”

Just minor scratches on his wrists and cheek, but nothing as big as a missing tooth.” The principal butted in. “In the end, he is older, bigger and stronger than the kids in this class, so I hope you understand that this shouldn't happen again. Sunggyu shouldn't turn from a victim to the attacker, Mr. Lee.”

Yeah Yeah.” Sungyeol answered absent minded and let out a relieved sigh then blinked a couple of times more before looking at Dongwoo and pointing to the door. “Missing tooth... He is going to flip.”

Dongwoo frowned, Sunggyu restarted the fight and that was wrong and was accused of becoming a bully himself by the principal, wasn't Sungyeol worried about that?

___________________________________________________

When Myungsoo opened the door of the room, he saw Woohyun crying quietly with his head resting on Sunggyu shoulder and the older boy patted his hair and whispered comforting words in his ear. Both boys seemed to have some scratches and Woohyun had really swollen lips which already made Myungsoo blood boil already but he wasn't expecting more than that.

Woohyun.” He called to get the boy’s attention when he entered the room and the boys sat straight to look at him. Myungsoo then looked at the school staff that was watching the kids. “Can I have a private conversation with my son? Sunggyu’s brother is in the principal office...” He didn't say anything anymore but the girl took the hint and coaxed Sunggyu to accompany her out and Woohyun promptly made a scared expression.

Myungsoo then approached his son and squatted in front of him. “Woohyun, I heard you fought.” The boy sniffed and looked down to his hands balled into fists. “You know that fighting is a wrong behavior right?” He said softly because he didn't believe that relationships between parents and their kids should be based on fear but Woohyun eyes produced, even more, tears and he seemed very conflicted at the moment.

I told you this a lot of times since your entered kindergarten and I have always been proud that you never fought anyone until now.” Myungsoo continued. “You always behaved well so I know that for you to enter a fight something very bad happened, isn't that so?” Woohyun nodded but kept his head down. “You know you can talk about everything to me right?” He squeezed one of Woohyun hands softly and the boy nodded again. “Your teacher said it was you that hit the other boy first, is that true?” Woohyun hesitated but admitted with a nod and Myungsoo this time ran a hand through his head.

Why Woohyun? What the other kid could possibly tell you to make you lose your temper?” He asked but Woohyun just hiccuped a bit and didn't reply so Myungsoo coaxed him a bit more. “Please tell me so I can help you, if I know what's wrong I can teach you the right way to deal with whatever this is so we can avoid you being grounded.” He offered and Woohyun finally looked at him although he was still crying.

The kid raised one of his fists in front of his body and in his father's direction. When he took too long to understand, Woohyun moved his wrists and his hand a bit so, when Myungsoo grabbed his hand puzzled, the boy finally opened his hand to let something very tiny and white fall on his hand.

Feeling the strange thing be placed on his hand, Myungsoo brought his hand close to inspect it and was shocked to discover one small little tooth on the palm of his hand. He gasped and demanded his son to open his mouth and saw that he was biting into one piece of gauze to contain some bleeding. “What the... Woohyun, this is even more serious than I thought. Tell me everything from the beginning right now, even if you started, your classmate shouldn't have done that to you.”

Woohyun took his gaze a bit out and started to explain. “I did this awesome text praising dad, but the other kids started to ask about you and mom and where mom was... I wanted to tell them but they kept asking questions and saying mommy didn't love me and that's why she didn't live with me... when I finally told them mommy died after giving birth to me, Mingyu hyung asked if I have ki-killed her.” Myungsoo totally froze totally shocked about what a seven-year-old told his son, this was too cruel.

Sorry daddy, I know you're disappointed in me but this made me so so mad... and.. and...then I accidentally hit the other boys and the other boys hit me back and.. and... Daddy, this isn't true, is it?” He ended up asking in a broken tiny voice and puppy glassed eyes that made Myungsoo heart break and he instantly knew why his son had beaten the out of his classmate, anything related to his mother was a very delicate issue to him.

No, baby, this isn't true. You were a tiny little baby, how could you have done anything to mommy?” He asked as he gave his son a tight hug. “Sometimes things happen that are out of our control and this is why your mommy isn't here with us.” He said as he patted his son back to comfort him. “You did nothing wrong, that wasn't your fault at all, she loved you deeply even before you were born and I am sure she will love you forever until we go to heaven to find her as well.”

He then leaned back and looked at his son in the eyes. “You shouldn't believe what people say. They do this to me all the time and if I started to believe them I would have been sad all the time and I wouldn't be this cool dad you have.” He said and Woohyun nodded in agreement. “So you shouldn't believe them either.” He concluded caressing Woohyun’s cheeks and the boy nodded in agreement as his dad wiped his cheeks.

Now, I know you probably feel really wronged the boy told you this, and don't worry because I will demand an apology for his hurtful remark and your tooth – that we will fix by the way – but you'll have to apologize for hurting him, and the other kids too.”

I don't wanna. He broke my tooth and it hurts and it bleeds!” Woohyun complained.

Woohyun, I don't know how much, but you hurt him too.” Myungsoo said now more sternly and Woohyun knew his dad wouldn't take bratty behavior. “When something like this happens you should call your teacher and tell him that your classmate is upsetting you then your teacher and the school are going to help. If they don't, I will personally come to school to solve your problems.” He assured. “But your behavior was wrong so you will apologize to Mingyu and the others.” He said.

Woohyun just placed the gauze back in his mouth and didn't reply which made Myungsoo sigh. “Are you still bothered by what he told you?” His son nodded weakly. “What if I told you I can prove your mom loved you with all her heart?” He said and Woohyun looked at his father in confusion. “Your mom wrote a diary when she was pregnant, if you want it I can search for it in grandma’s house and give it to you. Her handwriting was a bit messy but I can help you read it.”

Really?” Woohyun expression brightened up.

I was waiting for you to learn how to read but you're doing quite a good job so why not?” Myungsoo smiled.

Oh, thank you, daddy!” The boy lunged forward to hug his daddy tightly and Myungsoo welcomed the hug but quickly pulled back and stared into Woohyun eyes.

But only if you apologize. Are you ready to do this?” He asked with an encouraging tone. “Don't forget that later you also have to apologize to Uncle Moonsoo for telling his secret.” Myungsoo made him remember and the boy sighed but finally nodded.

Ok, let's go then.” Myungsoo grabbed his son by the hand and directed himself to the principal’s office where all the parents and their kids were there, apparently waiting for something to happen.

Come on Sunggyu, apologies!” Sungyeol insisted in an annoyed tone. “You already apologized to the others, there is only Mingyu left.”

No!” Sunggyu refused for the umpteenth time and stomped his foot on the ground. “He hurt Woohyunnie really bad! And he bit me too!”

Mingyu!” The father of the boy let it out a warning.

I didn't do anything, he hit me first!” The boy replied or lied, no one would know, Dongwoo didn't see it.

The fight wasn't even yours, you should have called your teacher. Apologize right now before I get mad!” Sungyeol hissed.

NO!” Sunggyu raised his voice. “I'll apologize only if Woohyunnie apologize!” He said and Sungyeol’s eye twitched, he wanted to strangle the boy.

Mr. Lee, do you want some water to calm yourself?” Dongwoo offered scared that Sungyeol might do something to his brother and when Sungyeol turned at him Myungsoo finally softly pushed Woohyun inside the room and made their presence known.

Here we are and now that I know what happened we can start solving this.” He announced and the other parents started to whisper, so this was really the boy’s father? He was too young for it, no? Myungsoo could feel they were talking about him already, but before he could even say anything Woohyun got close to some of the boys, without being asked to, and bowed 90 degrees.

Wonwoo, Jihoon, Seokmin, Hansol hyungs I'm sorry for hitting you, I didn't mean it, I was only upset with Mingyu hyung.” He said in a sincere tone. “I hope you can forgive me so we can be friends in the future.”

Really?” One gasped happily.

I would love to!” Another replied.

I really wanna be your friend!” The third said and the fourth was too happy and just hugged Woohyun which made the others follow him too. Sunggyu didn't seem to like it and Sungyeol had to secure his brother in place so he wouldn't do anything.

I'm really sorry about the fight, I've talked to Woohyun and I believe he won't do this anymore.” Myungsoo apologizes to the parents the same way his kid did. “If there is anything more I can do to solve this please tell me and...”

It's ok, kids fight, Hansol wasn't even that hurt.” Hansol’s mother replied warmly as she wasn't one of the ladies whispering about Myungsoo.

We can arrange a play date, tell me your number.” An eager older divorced woman came up with an excuse and Sungyeol scoffed, that lady was openly flirting, and he would be really disappointed if his neighbor...

We can talk to the kids.” Myungsoo forced a smile and Sungyeol almost grinned in triumph, although, if anyone had asked him, he would deny.

Since everything was already pretty much solved by the kids themselves, most parents left the principal office, leaving Sungyeol, Myungsoo and Mingyu’s dad - and their respective kids - behind in a chilling atmosphere and suddenly apologetic Myungsoo was gone and the young dad turned to glare fiercely to the other boy dad, ready to have a thousand fights if needed.

I believe Woohyun deserves an apology.” He demanded coldly as he stared into the older dad’s eyes, not minding he was defying a hyung at least ten years older than him.

An apology?” The guy scoffed. “Your son and his friend almost broke my son’s nose.” The guy complained and both Sungyeol and Myungsoo looked at the boy, although Sungyeol was doing that for the second time. Mingyu had blood on his nose and seemed a bit scratched but there was not even a hint of a broken nose.

Sunggyu then scoffed and crossed his arms. “He is lying! I only pushed him and pulled his hair, I didn't even touch his nose, besides he hurt Woohyunnie.”

Shoosh Sunggyu!” Sungyeol hissed.

He didn't break anything, but it came to my knowledge that Mingyu still punched Woohyun after their teacher broke them apart, and do you know what happened? He broke Woohyun’s tooth.” Myungsoo said in a stern tone and showed the tiny snaggletooth of Woohyun to the guy as proof.

The dad groaned and glared at his son.

I'm not done.” Myungsoo caught his attention again. “Actually I haven't even started yet.”

Sungyeol felt a shiver run down his spine again, although this time for totally different matters and he just waited for Myungsoo to flip because he sure looked like he would.