Hospital

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 9- 


 


After the unforgettable event we had in Jinyoung’s wedding, Youngjae has been over protective about Yugyeom. He insists to stay beside Yugyeom even when he is in school. Sometimes, Youngjae would bring Yugyeom to his school where he teaches. I know his reason. And for that, I am afraid to ask him even though my heart and my mind keep asking me.
 
My father said that it’s about the time Youngjae tells me the truth. He can’t keep the truth all the time. Not, when I also involve in this truth. Once, my father said, that because he knows everything, he loves Youngjae and Yugyeom more. The reason that Youngjae will give me is the logic reason. And there is no way that I can argue it.
 
This information from my father is making me more curious. I have my own hunch about this whole thing, but I am too afraid to ask Youngjae because actually unconsciously or consciously, he said it all, right? That Yugyeom is my son.
 
I am in the office when I hear a knock on my door.
 
“Come in,” I say without lifting my head to look at the guest. So, I am so surprise when I hear Youngjae’s voice calling me, “Hyung, are you busy?”
 
“Baby… you are here?” I ask in awe. It’s the first time Youngjae visits my office, willingly.
 
“Appa…” Yugyeom runs towards me. I pick him up. “Hello, baby. How’s school?” I ask him.
 
“School is good! Put me down, Appa. I have something to show to you.” he says. I put him down and watch him rummages his bag. I squat down to manage our height, “What is that, baby?” I ask him curious.
 
He keeps rummaging his bag with a little pout on his face, “Wait, Appa. I have it here. Daddy… can you help me find my drawing paper?” Yugyeom gives up. Youngjae squats down beside me and takes Yugyeom’s bag.
 
“Today is his schedule to draw, hyung. On the way here, he kept saying he want to give his drawing as a present for you. Hmm… Aaah, here it is,” Youngjae says as he pulls out a piece of paper.
 
“Here, baby,” he gives it to Yugyeom.
 
“Yeay! Thanks, daddy,” Yugyeom kisses Youngjae’s cheek who smile so wide, “You are welcome, son.”
 
“Appa… this is my present for you. I drew it back in the school and the teacher was praised me. Here, Appa… look… look…” Yugyeom hands me the paper.
 
I open the paper scroll and find a beautiful Yugyeom’s drawing. 
 
“This is our family, Appa. This is Daddy with a mole under his eyes, I love his mole,” Yugyeom looks at the real Youngjae and chuckles. Youngjae smiles wide and chuckles with him.
 
“And this is you, Appa, with your twin moles above your left eye. I love it also,” Yugyeom touches my twin moles above my eye. I pull him in to hug, “Thank you, baby.”
 
“Aaah… and this is me with mole under my eye, just like daddy. Right, daddy?” he points at himself on the paper.
 
“And… this is grandpa. He had slanted eyes just like you, Appa. And, this is our home. I drew it blue because I love blue sky, makes me want to fly,” Yugyeom says as he spreads his hands just like wings and running around the office.
 
I and Youngjae stand up and watch Yugyeom who running around excitedly.
 
“This is so beautiful, Jae. Yugyeom’s drawing.” I comment as I look at his drawing again.
 
“I know. He kept saying that will be his gift for you, hyung. He also said that he loves you so much and he can’t wait for us to be family,” Youngjae explains as he stares hard at me.
 
I sense that we come to the topic. I take Youngjae hand and lead him to the couch, leaving Yugyeom plays by himself. I sit across him.
 
“So, Jae… what are you gonna tell me?” I straightforwardly ask him. He looks at me deeply before move to sit next to me.
 
“…hyung?” he calls me, not breaking our locking gaze.
 
“Hm? Tell me, Jae. Don’t you think it is the right time for you to tell me all the truth?” I ask him again. He keeps staring at me without any words. I feel stupid under his gaze.
 
“Jae?” I call him. He takes my hands and squishes it. He leans close to me. I can feel his breaths from his slight open mouth on my lips. I look at his eyes directly. I am feeling a bit suffocated with his intense gaze. Our nose bumps. His lips are just an inch away from my lips.
 
“Hyung… you know that I love you, right?” he whispers, still not breaking our gaze.
 
“…yes. And I love you too.” I say, trying to find what he is thinking exactly.
 
“Do you trust me, hyung?”
 
“…yes. Jae-ah?”
 
“Then… I know that I’ll be okay if I tell you the truth.”
 
“Jae, what are you trying to say?” I ask, a bit confused.
 
“…that I love you so much, hyung. And I want you to stay by myside.” He simply says before close the gap. He kisses me hard. I melt in his kiss. I can feel all his love through the kiss. I bring my hands to rest on his waist, keeping him close, while his hands find their ways to my neck, deepening the kiss. We break the kiss when Yugyeom suddenly interrupts us with his loud yell.
 
“Appa! Pretty noona is here!” Yugyeom shouts loud. I pull away from Youngjae and breaths hard. Youngjae’s face is blushing red. We look at Yugyeom before realizing that Nayeon stands froze after the door.
 
“Pretty noona is here, Appa!” Yugyeom says again as he walks towards Youngjae and sits on his lap. I and Youngjae suddenly feel so embarrassed. 
 
“Uhm… yes, Nayeon-shi. What is that?” I try to calm myself as I look at Youngjae who plays with Yugyeom in his embrace.
 
“Uhm… I… I am sorry to… d-disturb you, Sir. But… but you have… a meeting now. Everyone is w-waiting for… you.” Nayeon says awkwardly as she keeps staring hard at me, Youngjae, and Yugyeom. I notice this.
 
“Oh, I think it’s our time to leave, hyung. We will see you at home.” Youngjae says as he picks Yugyeom up and take Yugyeom’s bag.
 
“Appa is busy, Gyeom. So, we will head home now. Okay, baby?” Youngjae asks Yugyeom who nods understandingly.
 
Before he leaves, Youngjae and Yugyeom give me a kiss. “Appa, don’t be home late, okay? I want to practice dance.” Yugyeom reminds me.
 
“Okay, baby. Be careful on the way.” I say as I give him a kiss on his cheek. He giggles.
 
“What?” I ask.
 
“Nothing. I love you, Appa!” Yugyeom says excitedly.
 
“Okay, we are leaving now, hyung.”
 
“Yes, Jae. I’ll see you at home.” I send them off before heading to the meeting room. And… again, I fail to know the truth from Youngjae. I let a big big sigh.

 

The next few days, Youngjae visits me again. This time, he comes alone, without Yugyeom. I wonder why since he always by Yugyeom’s side.
 
“Hyung…” he calls me as he peek his head, making me lift my head from the documents.
 
“Oh, Youngjae-ah. You are here. It’s fast.” I walk closer to him and giving him a hug.
 
“Well… I am on my way when I called you.”
 
“How is Yugyeom?”
 
“He is still in the school. His teacher said that his class will go on discussion about the end-year vacation. So, I leave for a moment. I’ll pick Yugyeom again later.”
 
“Then… why are you here, baby?”
 
“Hm? You don’t like me visit you?” he asks me, pouting. I keep my embrace on him.
 
“No, baby. I love it. I start getting dizzy with my work and you appear just like an angel who bring peace and set me free from this suffocating life.” I say as I kiss his lips briefly, smiling like an idiot, admiring his beautiful face.
 
“Ugh, you are so cheesy again, hyung!” He hits me on the arms and chuckling. Silent consumes us as I just keep hugging him. I love this feeling, having him in my embrace.
 
“Uhm, are you busy, hyung? Am I disturbing you?” he asks as he pulls away from the hug and looking at the documents on my table.
 
“No, I am not, just examining some documents.” I take his hand and lead him to the couch.
 
“So, what’s bring you here, baby?” I ask him as we sit comfortably.
 
“I make a lunch for you, hyung. I realize that I’ve been so caught up with Yugyeom’s situation, that I don’t really pay attention to you. I am sorry, hyung,” he says as he hand me the lunch. I immediately open it and begin to eat. I am hungry since just now, but too lazy to order some foods. 
 
“No, it’s okay, Jae. I completely understand. Yugyeom needs you the most,” I say as I keep eating.
 
“And he needs you too,” he mumbles, but I still catch it. I smile to him, “He needs both of us,” I say.
 
“And I need you too, hyung,” he sheepishly says, making me stop from eating to look at him.
 
“And I need you too, Jae.” I chuckle before continue to eat again.
 
“Actually, I don’t feeling good leaving him alone, hyung. Uhm, maybe I should just come back to his school,” Youngjae being over worried again.
 
“No, baby… we have a lot to talk, right?” I ask as I pack the lunch box again. I finish the foods, “By the way, thanks for the food, baby.” I smile.
 
“Hyung… I know what you want to know. But, first, I want to ask you, hyung,” he pauses. I stare hard at him before nodding.
 
“Do we really get married in the few weeks?”
 
“Such an easy question. The answer is yes, baby. I want to marry you as soon as possible, so Yugyeom will get his complete parents, right?”
 
“Then… How about the preparation?”
 
“Just leave it to me. I have called the guys to help me with the wedding. I’ve told my father also and he wants to help us. Don’t worry, baby.” I assure him.
 
“So, I have to tell you everything before the wedding which is in a few weeks again, right?” I nod.
 
“Jae-ah… I really don’t want to burden you. If you can’t tell me, then don’t. The main thing one is I can be with you always because I love you so much. So, I don’t really think that the other things are really matter to me. The important one is you and Yugyeom and how we build a nice family.” I say as I take his hand. Youngjae keeps staring at me. Suddenly Youngjae’s phone rings.
 
“Hello? Mr. Choi?” the woman’s voice in the line phone.
 
“Yes, I am. Who are you?”
 
“I am sorry, Sir. I am Park Junhee from Seoul University Hospital.”
 
“Hospital?” Youngjae asks in disbeliefs.
 
“Yes. We would like to inform you that your son, Choi Yugyeom is involved in the accident and now he is in the ICU room. I hope-” Youngjae close the phone. He looks terrible, then suddenly getting weak for a moment.
 
“Hyung… let’s go to hospital.” He says like a whisper.
 
“Hospital? Why?” I ask in confused.
 
“Yugyeom is there, in ICU. He got in accident.” Youngjae’s words seem far away from my ears as I digest the information. Youngjae takes my hand and drag me to the parking lot. He doesn’t look panic at all, but I know him better that inside of his heart, he is dying. 
 
“Hyung… hurry, please,” Youngjae begs. I speed up to the hospital and we arrive at fifteen minutes. It’s my new record. We immediately run towards the ICU. There is a doctor who gets out of the room. I know him.
 
“Khun hyung! How… how is… Yugyeom, hy-hyung?” This time, Youngjae can’t even hold back his tears again as he muffles his cry. I hug him.
 
“How is our Yugyeom, Nichkhun-shi?” I ask him a bit impatient.
 
“Yugyeom is in the critical condition, he lost too much blood. However, we can’t do anything. We have to wait for the laboratory’s result. Youngjae-ah… Keep praying. Yugyeom is an awesome kid. He will survive.” Nichkhun leaves us.
 
I walk towards Yugyeom’s teacher. She told that Yugyeom involved in accident. He was hit by a car. His teacher told us that Yugyeom got hit by car when he wanted to save a baby cat in the middle of the street. His teacher kept apologizing to us, telling me and Youngjae that he really tried to stop Yugyeom, but the car was so fast. Youngjae is shock and he can’t say anything about it. So, I just tell the teacher to go home and take a good rest and tell her that we will inform her about Yugyeom’s condition.
 
I tell everyone about Yugyeom’s condition. And soon, they all gather around in the hospital. I keep my embrace on Youngjae as he keeps sobbing. 
 
“I don’t want to lose him too, hyung. I’ve lose my dad, my mom, I don’t… I don’t want to lose my son too. I… I would rather die than losing Yugyeom, hyung.” As I keep soothing Youngjae to calm him down, Nichkhun comes to us again.
 
“Youngjae-ah…” he calls Youngjae who immediately stands up.
 
“How is he, hyung?” Youngjae asks hopefully.
 
“Yugyeom needs blood transfusion now because he lost so much blood. But, the problem is… we don’t have blood stock for Yugyeom. He is A, rhesus negative. You have to find it soon, Jae. Unfortunately, you are B.” Youngjae begins sobbing again. I look at my father, trying to deliver the message. He got it and the guys also begin to find the solution. 
 
“But, how we find it soon, Nichkhun-shi? How?” I desperately ask him as I tighten my embrace on Youngjae. Nichkhun mumbles, “I… don’t know, Jaebum-shi. I am sorry. But, maybe you can try-”
 
“You, hyung!” Youngjae suddenly lifts his head and stares hard at me. I look at him confuse, the others are looking at us.
 
“You, hyung! You can… you can give our Yugyeom your blood.” Youngjae says, I don’t get it.
 
“How? Why? What?” I mutter.
 
“You are Yugyeom’s biological Appa, hyung. Your blood must be match with Yugyeom since I don’t. Please, hyung, save our Yugyeom. He is your son also, hyung. Your own son. Please, save him. Please, save him. I beg you. Please, save him, hyung.” Youngjae begs me desperately. I am still digging the information as my father approach us.
 
“Yes, Jae… your blood must be match with Yugyeom,” I stare hard at him, before nodding. I pull away from Youngjae.
 
“Come over here, Jaebum-shi,” Nichkhun lead me the way.
 
“We should check your blood first. It won’t be long,” then he begins to take my blood and check it.
 
“Well… just like Youngjae said, your blood is a match with Yugyeom and you can do the transfusion now.” I gasp. Really?
 
“Why I didn’t think of you when I said that I need blood for Yugyeom? I was stupid. I am sorry, Jaebum-shi. If Youngjae didn’t say it, I must forget that you are Yugyeom’s Appa.”
 
I feel dizzy since my blood is being taken and because of Nichkhun’s words. I am Yugyeom’s Appa. I decide to ask Nichkhun to know the answer.
 
“If I am Yugyeom’s biological Appa, then Youngjae is…” I nervously ask.
 
Nichkhun smiles so bright, “His mom. Youngjae is Yugyeom’s biological mom, Jaebum-shi.”
 
“But, Youngjae is a man. Men can’t get pregnant, can they?” I ask again, curious, even though I’ve think so much about this possibility, but still…
 
“Well… Youngjae is a bit different. He was born with a uterus just like a woman. Apparently, he has his twin sister. His parents supposed to be twins’ parents at first, but because of the unknown reason, the twin sister of Youngjae is melt with him. So, when Youngjae was born, he carried his twin-sister-supposed-to-be’s uterus. It’s a rare case. I think Youngjae will explain it to you.” I look at Nichkhun, confused, but understanding the meaning.
 
“And you?” I ask about him.
 
“I am Youngjae’s pregnancy doctor. Youngjae is living with me while he pregnant. We met in Mokpo. And Youngjae has been like my own little brother since he doesn’t have anyone again.” I nod as I finish the transfusion. I really hope that Yugyeom can get better. Now, I must talk to Youngjae about the truth. Yugyeom is my biological son. But, how?
 
“Jaebum-shi… Youngjae has been suffering a lot when he pregnant. So, I really hope you can give him support and love to make him happy. He deserves to be happy because he is such a nice and gentle man. I am really glad that he has you and Yugyeom now.”
 
“Nichkhun-shi… So, the thing that you said back in Hongkong was true?” I ask him again. 
 
“Yes, I tried to give you the hints, Jaebum-shi, because with your personality, it will be hard to reveal.” Nichkhun explains. I nod.
 
“So, I have to talk with Youngjae now.” I mumble.
 
“Yes. I heard that you will be married a few weeks again? I hope you and Youngjae will talk about this matter before your wedding. I wish the best for you and Youngjae. And your little angel, Yugyeom.” Nichkhun says, leaving me alone in the room now. 
 
I fight a battle with my heart and my mind. I feel like crying now. When Youngjae was suffering, I wasn’t there for him. I am such an . I left him alone when he carried our Yugyeom. He’s been suffering alone. With this thought, I promise myself that I will make Youngjae and Yugyeom happy, no matter what. They are my number one persons in my world.

 

I leave the room after doing the transfusion. I meet Youngjae in the hallway. The guys understand me more that I need time with Youngjae alone, so they excuse their selves to find foods for us.
 
I sit next to Youngjae and pull him in to my embrace without any words. My father is talking with Nichkhun now. Nichkhun said that Yugyeom will be okay if he can survive tonight. The blood transfusion means a lot for him.
 
“Thank you, hyung, for saving Yugyeom. I can’t live without him. I… I really can’t even imagine my life without him. I… I don’t want to lose him, hyung. He is my baby,” Youngjae says between his sobs. I pull him closer to me if that is still possible.
 
“Nichkhun told me everything about your pregnancy, Jae.” I simply say, making him stares hard at me.
 
“Why didn’t you tell me?” I ask him. He keeps staring at me.
 
“… because I was afraid, hyung. Still I am. I was just twenty-three at that time,” he says, looking directly in my eyes. I pull him for a kiss.
 
“Don’t be afraid again, baby. I said, I love you and I will always love you. Tell me everything.” I say after the kiss. He nods, “I will. But, the important thing now is Yugyeom, hyung.” 
 
Nichkhun comes with my dad. I and Youngjae immediately approach them.
 
“How is Yugyeom?” I ask.
 
“Can I meet my baby, hyung?” Youngjae asks.
 
“Yes, you can, Jae. But, only two persons can stay there. His condition isn’t stable yet. We have to wait till tomorrow.” Nichkhun calmly says. Youngjae looks at me, “I will stay, hyung.”
 
“Jaebum-ah… you should stay with Youngjae. I will take my leave now. Inform me about the littlest progress.” My dad says. I nods, hugging him, “Thanks, Dad.”
 
“You are welcome. Make sure you always stay with Youngjae and Yugyeom, Jae. I’ve talked to Nichkhun and he explained it all. Youngjae had been suffering so much. Stay with him.” I nod, pull away from the hug.
 
For the rest of the night, I join Youngjae staying in Yugyeom’s room. Yugyeom is sleeping peacefully while Youngjae is sitting beside his bed, caressing his cheeks.
 
“Yugyeom-ah… you can hear me, right? Baby, I love you so much. You have to survive, okay. I know you can because you are my special son.” Youngjae softly whispers. I can’t help but feeling so emotional through it all. Youngjae must be dying inside, looking at Yugyeom’s lying on the bed without any reaction.
 
“Baby… I miss your laugh. Please, stay with us. Don’t leave daddy alone. I love you,” Youngjae kisses Yugyeom’s forehead and cheeks. I see tears running down on his cheeks.
 
“Baby…” I call him, putting my hands on his shoulders.
 
“Hyung, he can survive, right?” Youngjae’s voice laces with worry.
 
“Yes. Our Yugyeom is awesome. He will survive. We have to believe him, baby. Don’t cry in front of him,” I whip the tears on his cheeks. He looks at me, smiling, “You are right.” Then, silent consumes us. I sit beside Youngjae, keeping him in my embrace, patting his arms. Somehow, he calms down now.
 
“Hyung…” he calls me, voice is too thick due to the cry.
 
“Yes?”
 
“Stay with me," he says. I tighten the embrace around him as an answer. I will stay with him forever.

 

 

a.n: Soooooo.... this is the chapter!

Now you know who Yugyeom is, right?

Yes, Yugyeom is 2Jae's biological son.

But how? Well.. you have to wait for the upcoming chapters. ^^

Oh, about the twin-sister-supposed-to-be part, that's just my thought. I don't think it's really exist. Kkkk~

 

Comments are always welcome!

Enjoy! ^^