First Night

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

A little chapter for you :* 


-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 3- 


I am busy again with my works, more than usual that sometimes I really want to quit from this job. I rarely see Youngjae and Yugyeom. Even though I always send Youngjae messages and calls, I still miss them both. And today just like another day. I feel dead tired, but I have to finish my work soon. I am currently judging the designs when my phone rings. Youngjae’s ID is on the screen. I immediately pick it up. Youngjae calls me, I really happy since it’s his first time to call me, and it turns out to be Yugyeom who wants to talk with me.

 

“Appa?” I hear Yugyeom’s voice on the line.

 

“Yes, baby?” I answer him as I keep my focus on the designs in front of me.

 

“You said that you will teach me dance, Appa. When will you come to my home?” I forget, totally forget. I put my pen downs as I pay really attention to Yugyeom.

 

“Appa, when will you come to my home? It’s been a while since I saw you, Appa. I miss you. I miss you. I miss you. Don’t you miss Yugyeomie?”

 

“Of course, I miss you, baby. I miss you so much. I am sorry, Appa has some works to do. But, Appa will come tonight. Is it alright? Is your daddy there, baby?”

 

“Yes, daddy is here. Daddy, Appa wants to talk to you.”

 

“Hello? Hyung?” I hear Youngjae’s voice on the line.

 

“Youngjae-ah… I am sorry. I’ve been so caught up with my jobs. I forget my promise. Is it okay if I come to your home tonight to fulfill my promise?” I ask him. I really hope he says yes.

 

“Hm… Yugyeom’s been asking for you for the past few days. Come, hyung. He really missed you and I don’t like to see him sad.” Youngjae explains.

 

“Okay. I’ll come tonight, Jae. Thank you.” then, I hung up, not before I heard Yugyeom’s yell out loud after Youngjae informed him about my visit.


 

I’ve been so caught up with my jobs for the past few days. I arrived home very late, sometimes until midnight. But, tonight, I leave earlier since I don’t want to make Yugyeom disappointed at me. Not, when I’ve already got his love and support to be back with Youngjae.

 

Before I head to Youngjae’s apartment, I buy a cake first. I know that Yugyeom loves cake and chocolates, so I buy them for him. I arrive at his home around 8 pm.

 

“Oh, hyung, you come. Let’s in.” Youngjae says as he scoots over to let me in.

 

“Yugyeom refuse to go bed. He’s been waiting for you.” Youngjae informs as I put off my shoes.

 

“Yugyeom-ah… Appa comes!” Youngjae informs a bit louder. Then, Yugyeom immediately runs to me. I open my arms, ready to give him a hug.

 

“Appa! Appa! Appa!” he yells excitedly. “I miss you so much,” he says as he rains me with kisses. Youngjae takes the cakes and chocolate.

 

“Yugyeom-ah… let him in first, baby. He’s just come from work. He must be tired.” Yugyeom takes my hand and drags me to the living room.

 

“Look what I bring for you, baby.” I say as I open my suit and tie, put it on the couch.

 

“CAKE AND CHOCOLATE! Thank you, Appa. You are the best!” he thanks me excitedly as he begins munching the chocolate.

 

“You don’t eat the cake, Jae?” I ask Youngjae since he just cuts the cake and gives it to Yugyeom.

 

“Later. I will eat it later. Have you eat, hyung?” he asks. As I am about to answer, my stomach growls, making him laugh. I miss his laugh.

 

“Come in, hyung. I’ll prepare dinner for you. Yugyeom-ah, eat nicely, okay sweety?” Youngjae pats Yugyeom’s head before go to the kitchen. I follow him.

 

“I heard you’ve been staying up so late for the nights before, hyung.” he says as he put some foods to the oven.

 

“Yes. My father is about to open another branch in Hongkong, so I am making a plan now for the grand opening.” I say as a yawn escape my mouth.

 

“I see… Is father okay, hyung?”

 

“Yes, he is fine. He is in Hongkong now. I’ve told him about you, Jae. And he really wants to meet you. He missed you so much.” I tell him.

 

“I miss him too. Let’s meet.” He smiles before turning around to take the foods from the oven and serves it in front of me.

 

“Your cooking skill is definitely better now, Jae.” I compliment him. He blushes.

 

“Eat much, hyung. Don’t skip eat and don’t over work yourself.” he nags me just like before.

 

“Yes, baby. Don’t worry.” I say as I continue to eat while he stares at me.

 

“Daddy?” Yugyeom calls him. He walks towards us, rubbing his eyes cutely, the sign that he is sleepy. His hands are full of chocolate and whipped cream.

 

“Oh, my God. Let me clean you first before bed, sweety,” Youngjae immediately stands beside Yugyeom and takes him to the bathroom.

 

When he finishes cleaning Yugyeom, I finish my dinner and wash my dish. I walk towards Yugyeom’s bed where I watch Youngjae changes him in to his pajama.

 

“Appa? I am tired, I am sorry. I can’t dance tonight,” he says cutely as he climbs on his bed.

 

I walk closer, “It’s okay, baby. We will practice in another time. Okay?”

 

“Promise?” Yugyeom asks as he shows me his little finger. I link it with mine, “Promise.”

 

“Then, Appa, will you stay tonight? I want you to read me a story.” I look at Youngjae who has an expressionless.

 

“I… I will clean up the living room.” He dashes to the living room, leaving me with Yugyeom. I think that this is the sign that he gives me permission to accompany Yugyeom.

 

I make myself comfortable on his bed, with one of my foot hangs on the side of the bed since his bed isn’t big enough. Yugyeom snuggles closer to me and put his head on my chest. I begin read the story. Not too long, Yugyeom fall asleep and I join him. I guess I fall asleep immediately before I feel a light tap on my shoulder.

 

“Hyung, wake up. Let’s move to my room,” I open my eyes and find Youngjae in his pajama, so beautiful like always. I smile to him before nodding and carefully put Yugyeom’s head on the pillow. I kiss him briefly before following Youngjae out the room. In front of the room, I lost my balance, but Youngjae catches me.

 

“I am sorry.” I say as I suddenly feeling a headache.

 

“You must be tired, hyung. Let’s take a rest,” Youngjae help me to his bed where I immediately lay back on. I close my eyes and before I drift to sleep I can hear Youngjae mumble, “Sleep, hyung. I’ll protect you. Sleep well.” Then, I wrap my arms around him, ready to take the long awaiting comfortable sleep.


 

I wake up to the sound of someone’s calling. I open my eyes and still feel a bit headache, but I really enjoyed my sleep since Youngjae hugged me tight last night. I can’t help but to think about our great times seven years ago.

 

“Hyung? Are you awake?” Youngjae peek his head as he walks closer to me. I nod.

 

“Do you feel better, hyung?” I nod.

 

“Where is Yugyeom? What time is it?”

 

“Yugyeom is in the school. I’ve just come back sending him to school. It’s 9 am now.”

 

“What?!”

 

“Relax, hyung. You must be really tired, so I let you sleep for a little more. Yugyeom asked you before and I told him that you feel unwell. He was sad because you can’t send him to school.”

 

“I am sorry.” I apologize.

 

“No. Don’t worry, hyung. Yugyeom completely understand you.” he assures me.

 

“I am such a bad Appa for him,” I blame myself.

 

“Hyung, don’t say that. You are great. And Yugyeom is happy now that he has you. Now, take a shower. I’ll prepare breakfast for you.” he says as he stands up to search for some clothes for me.

 

“Take this.” He hands me a t-shirt and trousers. The t-shirt is so familiar.

 

“Jae-ah… this?”

 

“Yes. It’s yours. You left it back then and I still have it. Now, I get the chance to return it to you. Okay, well… uhm, have a nice shower.” He says, leaving me in the room alone.

 

I look around his room. He has a nice room just like his room in his home, not too big but cozy. I stand up to look at the pictures that hanging in the wall. Those are mostly Youngjae’s pictures with Yugyeom since he’s baby until now. Then, my eyes fall in to one picture: Youngjae and me. I don’t remember taking this picture with Youngjae, or did I? I don’t know.


 

Youngjae has a day off and my father is just come back from Hongkong. So, I arrange their meeting today. After I have a breakfast, I and Youngjae immediately go to my office to meet my father.

 

“Youngjae!” my father exclaims as he literally runs towards Youngjae and hugs him tight.

 

“I really miss you, son. How are you? Are you doing good, son? Oh, my God, I am so worry about you since you left without words. I miss you so much.” He pulls away before hugging Youngjae again. He cries on Youngjae’s shoulder and I see Youngjae’s eyes are glistened by tears too.

 

“I am sorry, Dad. I left you in the dark. I am sorry for being a bad son in law for you, leaving you and Jaebum hyung. I am sorry. I am sorry. I am sorry.” Youngjae keeps apologize.

 

They pull away from the hug and talk about the past. My father tells him about my condition when Youngjae left me.

 

“Dad, stop it. It would just making him more guilty,” I softly say to my dad.

 

“But, it’s true Jae. You almost kill yourself more than once. Lucky I still have you now.” He says.

 

“I am sorry.” Youngjae mutters in silent.

 

“It’s okay, Jae. That’s in the past. The important now is the present and the future. I will be glad if you reconcile with Jaebum and be the part of our family, Jae. Please?” My dad pleads.

 

“I… I don’t know, Dad. I am not ready yet. I am afraid that I will hurt both of you again in the future, Dad. And I am not ready to tell y-” he tells the same reasons.

 

“Tell us what, Jae?” I frown, because I catch his muttered words.

 

“No-nothing, hyung,” Youngjae asnwers.

 

“Jae, listen to me. We will wait for you to be ready to accept Jaebum and me again. But, please, can we go back to our great times? You, Jaebum, and I. Oh, and Yugyeom too. Don’t you think that Yugyeom will be happy to see you with his ‘Appa’?”

 

Youngjae lifts his head, staring deep in to my dad’s eyes, “Thanks for understanding me, Dad. And you too, hyung. I am really sorry.”

 

“Okay, Jae. Enough for the apologize. Let’s start the new page of life,” I say to him as I take his hand. He smiles at me. His smile always so beautiful and I love his smiling face so much. If I don’t have any control, I might jump in to him and kiss him.


 

I let Youngjae and my dad talk more as I excuse myself to pick Yugyeom up from his school.

 

“Appa!” he shouts as soon as he sees me. He is talking with his friends. He runs to me excitedly. I immediately hug and pick him up.

 

“Appa, they are my friends, Jinju and Leejoon.” He introduce his friends as I put him down.

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, ahjussi,” they greet me.

 

“Oh, annyong, Jinju and Leejoon-ah.”

 

“Yah! I don’t know you have another dad, Yug!” the boy named Jinju asks Yugyeom.

 

“Hm. He is my Appa. He is… hm, my daddy’s boyfriend?” Yugyeom hesitantly says, making me gasp for a while because I and Youngjae isn’t boyfriend anymore.

 

“Yes, I am his daddy’s boyfriend.” I say.

 

“So, you have two daddies, Yug?” Leejoon asks. Yugyeom nods, “Because I am special.”

 

“But, who is your eomma?” Leejoon asks again.

 

“My daddy is my eomma, of course. He gave birth of me.” Yugyeom pouts. I chuckle for a while before noticing Yugyeom’s friends’ face looking at Yugyeom differently. I sigh.

 

“Well, Gyeom… we have to go now.” I remind him. He immediately waves towards his friends. We walk to the car.

 

“Are you okay, Appa? Daddy said this morning you felt unwell,” he asks me, concern. I pinch his nose because he is so cute.

 

“I am okay, baby. Daddy is in my office, so let’s go to my office now.”

 

“Really?” he asks with his doe-eyes. I nod.

 

“And there is someone that wants to meet you.” I inform him as I help him get in the car.

 

“Huh? Who is he, Appa?” he asks cutely.

 

“Someone who will love you. You will know when we arrive at my office.” I start the engine and drive immediately leaving the school.

 

“Appa?” he calls me. I look briefly at him. He looks hesitant.

 

“Why, Yugyeom-ah. You can tell me anything.” I assure him.

 

“Hm… do you really love my daddy?” he hesitantly asks. Lucky, it’s red, so I can stop for a while to look at him.

 

“Why do you ask this?”

 

“Hm… because I want my daddy to be happy. And… and I know that he will be happy with you. I… uhm, I also want you to be my Appa.” He says, hopefully. I stare hard at him before smiling.

 

“Yes, baby. I love your dad, so much. And I really want to be your Appa. But, hey… don’t be sad, I am practically already your Appa, right?” I say to him as I kiss his forehead. He smiles brightly at me.

 

“Then, I will help you, Appa!” he exclaims, making me chuckle.


 

A.N: I tried to write in my free times because I like writing more than my works. Haha.

*sst, don't say it to my boss :p

 

A lot will happen in this story. So, prepare yourself, prepare a box of tissue, prepare your best smiles,

and the main thing one is prepare your mind and heart. ^^

Enjoy! ^^