Yugyeom is who?

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 4- 


 

In no time, we arrive at the office. Yugyeom immediately run here and there, greeting everyone.
 
“Daddy! Daddy!” he runs to Youngjae who immediately stand up to hug him.
 
“Hello, baby boy!”
 
“Daddy, look… look! I got this candy from the pretty noona in front of Appa’s office!” he excitedly tells Youngjae.
 
“Really? You must be a good kid, so she likes you.”
 
“I am always a good boy, Daddy.” He says feeling offended, pouting.
 
“Ehem…” my father clears his throat, making little Yugyeom jumps and immediately hide behind Youngjae.
 
“Daddy, who is he?” he looks up to Youngjae. I walk closer to him, squat down to manage our height.
 
“He is my daddy, Gyeom-ah. Your grandfather.” I say to him. He looks at me, blinking a few times, “My grandfather? Grandpa?” he hesitantly peeking his head to take a look of my dad.
 
“Yes, Yugyeom. I am your grandpa.” My daddy says.
 
“Come on, baby. Introduce yourself properly,” Youngjae ordered him as he taking Yugyeom’s bag.
 
Yugyeom looks at him briefly, then to me, before looking straight at my dad. “An-nyeonghaseyo, grandpa. I am Yugyeom, Choi Yugyeom.” He introduces himself cutely. My dad walks towards him and reach out his hand. Yugyeom hesitantly walks closer to him, looking back a couple times before taking my dad’s hand with his little hands.
 
“Grandpa? Why are you crying?” he asks. I stand beside Youngjae who smiles beautifully. I take his hand on mine and squish it, making Youngjae looks at me. He gives me the same smile as the eight years ago when he first met me.
 
“Because I am so happy, sweetheart. I am so happy that I can meet you. Your dad and appa have been telling me about you. Can I… Can I hug you, sweetheart?” my dad asks him. Yugyeom seems more confidence this time as he wraps his little arms around my dad.
 
“Don’t cry, grandpa. I am happy to meet you too,” Yugyeom cutely says, giving us the warmness of the pureness of his heart. And I feel Youngjae rests his head on my shoulder as he watches them. I try my best to relax before gather the courage to wrap my arms around him too.
 
“I am happy now,” he says, more like a whisper. I stun by his mesmerizing words and himself. Unconsciously, I lean in close to kiss his forehead and mumble, “I am happy too. I love you, baby.” He looks at me briefly before smiling and back to rest his head again. I still keep my embrace on him, just like my dad keeps his embrace on Yugyeom. 

 

My father said that he wants to spend more times with Yugyeom. Since tomorrow is Saturday and Yugyeom has a day off from school, Youngjae agrees to spend the night in my home. Yugyeom gets close to my father as fast as to me. I am amazed by his socializing skill, definitely better than Youngjae.
 
My father is playing with Yugyeom while I make a dinner with Youngjae. I miss this moment when we cook together.
“Jae-ah… I miss being like this with you. Cooking together with you.” I confess to him. He just stares hard at me before smiling. Oh, God, I love his smile!
 
I walk back towards him and wrapping my arms around him, whispering, “Be mine, Jae-ah… I can’t wait any longer,” I confess it all while my hands slipping down to his waist, lift his shirt a little. Youngjae is shocked and immediately take my hands away. Youngjae turns around and looking at me deeply, “I… h-hyung, I… uhm…” he stutters.
 
“It’s okay, Jae. I will always wait for you,” I take a step back. We continue to cook together.
 
“I am really sorry, hyung,” Youngjae mumbles.
 
“No. It’s really okay, Jae. I will wait for you.” I assure him. Youngjae looks at me briefly before nodding. In no time, we finish cooking and gather around in the dining table. Yugyeom looks more comfortable now, a lot. He chats excitedly while munching his foods. My father chuckles with his cute behavior. It’s such a pleasure times.
 
“Baby, eat your foods first, then speak,” Youngjae scolds Yugyeom.
 
“Yes, Dad. I am sorry,” he apologizes. 
 
“It’s okay, Jae. Yugyeom is just excited to tell the story. Right, son?” my father says. Yugyeom excitedly nods, “Yes, grandpa! So, when I told my friends that I got two daddies, they all really shocked. You should saw their face, grandpa. Right, Appa?” Yugyeom turns to me. I nod, remembering the event this afternoon in Yugyeom’s school. I really want to tell Youngjae about it.
 
“Who were they, Gyeom?” Youngjae asks, his face is full of worry.
 
“Jinju and Leejoon, Daddy. They were shocked, like this,” Yugyeom mimics his best friends’ reactions. I chuckle with my dad while Youngjae keeps silent and still looking at Yugyeom full of worry.
 
“Then, they asked me, who was my mother, Dad,” Yugyeom says, making Youngjae chokes in his foods. I give him a glass of water.
 
“Are you okay, Jae?” I and my father ask in the same time. He nods.
 
“And… what did you answer?” Youngjae asks Yugyeom who busy playing with his foods.
 
Yugyeom lifts his head a bit to Youngjae, “I said that you are my mother, because you gave birth of me. Right, daddy?” 
 
Using the word ‘shock’ for Youngjae’s expression is less. Youngjae is beyond shock, I watch his expression so hard. I can tell he is beyond shock, but I can’t name it. I feel something must be wrong.
 
“Why, Jae?” I ask him. My father looks at me, let a big sigh. I know my father must be known something.
 
“Well… Yugyeom-ah… have you done eating, son? Let’s play the game again. I will definitely beat you in the next game.” My father asks Yugyeom who nods excitedly and forgets what he just said. But what Yugyeom just said, still gives Youngjae a strong impact. Yugyeom walks to the living room with my father. I thank my father because he gives me time to talk with Youngjae.
 
I take Youngjae’s hands and squish it, “Baby, are you okay? What happened? You can always tell me everything,” I sooth him.
 
“Hy-hyung…” he hesitantly looks at me.
 
“Hm? Tell me, baby,” I assure him, still squishing his hands.
 
“I… I want to tell you something, but I don’t think that I am ready because I don’t know how you will react. I… I… uhm, can you wait for it?” Youngjae hesitantly says, making me curious to death about the thing he wants to tell me.
 
“What is that, Jae? Why can’t you say it now?” I carefully ask him.
 
“Because… it’s about Yugyeom and me. I… I am sorry, hy-hyung, I am not ready yet.” He repeats his words. I let a sigh, squishing his hands again, “Okay. I will wait for you.”
 
“Just… I want to ask this: will you… will you stay with me, if… uhm, if I say that…” he pauses, taking a long breaths, making me anxious, then he turns to look at me directly in the eyes before saying, “Yu-yugyeom is my own son.” he mumbles, but I still can catch it.
 
“Or… will you leave me?” Youngjae adds. I stare hard at him, don’t really know what should I say because I am still digging the new information. What? Is Youngjae saying the truth? That question is repeated in my head.
 
He is still staring hard at me as I know that he waits for my answers, but I can’t find a word to say. Youngjae must be disappointed at me as he takes his leave.
 
“I am sorry, hyung. I leave you confuse. I… I think I will sleep first,” he leaves me alone with my thoughts. I can hear Youngjae calls Yugyeom.
 
“Yugyeom-ah… let’s sleep. It’s your time to bed, baby.”
 
“I don’t want go to bed now, daddy. I want to play with grandpa.” Yugyeom whines.
 
“Gyeom-ah…” I still can hear Youngjae’s desperate voice. But, Yugyeom still refuses, “I want to sleep with grandpa, Daddy. You can sleep with Appa tonight.” I walk closer to them and watch Yugyeom is still immersed with the games. Youngjae notice my presence and he is avoiding me now, obviously.
 
“Okay, baby. Then, give me a hug and kiss.” He says. Yugyeom put the game stick as he runs towards Youngjae to give him a hug and kiss.
 
“Good night,” Youngjae says as he walks towards the room, guest room. My father looks at me deeply. I know he knows something. He is always the one who knows though. I sit closer to them.
 
In a while, Yugyeom keeps losing the game and my father is happy because of that. Yugyeom seems to think about something.
 
“Appa? Why don’t you sleep with daddy?” he cutely asks, leaving me surprise for a moment.
 
“Oh, uhm… I will. Later. I’ve got something to do.”
 
“Daddy must be sad just now. Grandpa, I think I will sleep with daddy tonight.” Yugyeom says to my father as he gives my father a hug and kiss, then giving me one too.
 
“Daddy!” he runs towards the room while keeps shouting Youngjae. I follow him behind. I hide behind the wall as I hear Youngjae, “Baby… Are you tired now? Don’t you want to sleep with grandpa?”
 
“No. I want to sleep with daddy. I don’t want daddy to be sad.” Yugyeom’s voice is clear full of worry as if he is an adult, he knows Youngjae’s mood.
 
“Alright, then… let’s sleep, baby.” Youngjae’s voice seems relieved.
 
“I love you, daddy.” Yugyeom says.
 
“I love you too, baby.”
 
“Daddy…”
 
“Hm?”
 
“Don’t hug me too tight, daddy.” I hear Youngjae chuckles.
 
“Alright, I am sorry.”
 
“Daddy?” Yugyeom keeps calling Youngjae.
 
“Yes. Baby? Why?”
 
“Don’t be sad. Yugyeomie is sad too if you are sad, daddy.”
 
“Yes. I know. I won’t. Let’s sleep, baby.”
 
“Daddy…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“What about Appa? Where he sleeps?”
 
“He sleeps in his room. Don’t worry.”
 
“Did you fight with Appa, daddy?”
 
“No. I did not.”
 
“Don’t fight. I want you to be happy, daddy. Because I love you so much.” I hear Youngjae sniffles.
 
“Don’t cry, daddy.”
 
“N-no. I don’t.”
 
“Daddy…”
 
“Yes?”
 
“Don’t cry.”
 
“N-no. I don’t cry. I am just happy to be with you and to have you, baby. I love you so much, Yugyeom-ah. You know that, right?”
 
“Hm. Of course. I love you too, Daddy.” 
 
“… and Appa loves you too.” Yugyeom says.
 
“Let’s pray and sleep.” Then, I don’t hear any conversation anymore.

 

I walk back to the living room as my father watches night news. I plop my body on the couch next to him. I watch the news with him in the silent before Youngjae’s words lingering in my head. I don’t get it, really. Was Youngjae saying the truth?
 
“Jaebum-ah… I know you’ve been thinking about Youngjae,” my father says without taking his eyes off from the TV.
 
“Yes, dad. I am confused. Youngjae asked me something just now. Did you know something, dad?” I ask him.
 
“Yes. Youngjae told me everything. But, I won’t tell you. I prefer you know by yourself or Youngjae. He will tell you soon or later, son. Don’t worry. Just know this, remember about the question that Youngjae asked when we were having breakfast in the cottage after your proposal?” I think hard. Youngjae’s question?
 
“I will sleep first, Jae. I just hope you’ll find the answer soon and really think the decision you’ll make.” My father says as he stands up and heads to his room, leaving me alone with the thoughts full of Youngjae. What exactly he hide from me?

 

I am busy again with my work and my father is away to Hongkong again to prepare for the grand opening. He said that I must take Youngjae and Yugyeom when we have the grand opening in Hongkong. I haven’t told Youngjae about it since he’s been avoiding me lately.
 
I’ve been driving back and forth to take Yugyeom to school and pick him up. Yugyeom keeps asking me about the thing that happened between me and Youngjae. Yugyeom is smart kid. He knows something isn’t right just with his feeling. 
 
Today, since I have an important meeting with my client, I can’t pick Yugyeom up. I’ve said it to Youngjae and Youngjae said he will pick Yugyeom up. I wonder if he still angry with me after the night, but we really didn’t have a fight that night, so why our relationship become cold like this? It’s been awkward again between us, more than the first time we met again. I wonder why…
 
When I am in the middle of the meeting, paying a close attention to the presentation about the investment, my phone vibrates. I look at the caller ID, Youngjae. I wonder why he calls me when usually it’s me who call him. And as far as I know him, every time I said that I have a work to do, he won’t call me. I am a bit hesitant to pick it up since it’s an important meeting. So, I leave it.
 
As I am about to give a comment about the presentation, my phone vibrates again. Youngjae.  I think that it must be important to have Youngjae calls me.
 
“I am sorry, but I have to pick the call. Just continue,” I say as I pick my phone.
 
“Hello? Youngjae-ah… I am sorry but I am in the middle of a meeting. Can you-” I muffle my voice to inform him about the meeting, but I hear a sniffle. Youngjae is crying.
 
“Hy-hyung… W-where are you? C-can you come h-here n-now?” He says between a sob.
 
“What’s wrong, Jae?” I ask him full of worry, suddenly I don’t care about the meeting as I talk in the different tone.
 
“C-come here, hy-hyung. Yu-yugyeom has been c-calling you. H-he is s-sick. I… I am… afraid… hyung,” he sniffles.
 
“I’ll be there.” I simply say before hung up and dashing from the meeting. I inform my secretary in the car, “My son is sick. Reschedule the meeting, please, Nayeon-shi. Thank you.”
 
“But, sir?” Nayeon seems a bit hesitant.
 
“If they don’t want to invest, let them. My son is more important than their investment.” I hung up the call and driving speedily to Youngjae’s apartment. I really hope Yugyeom is okay.

 

I arrive at his apartment and unlock the door. Youngjae told me the PIN of his apartment in case there is an emergency situation. This is emergency.
 
“Jae-ah…” I call him as the door of Yugyeom’s room opens.
 
“Hy-hyung…” Youngjae immediately hugs me. I sooth his back to calm him down.
 
“It’s okay, Jae… tell me what happen? Have you called the doctor?” I ask Youngjae after he pulls away from the hug.
 
“I… I have called the doctor, he is in his way. I… I am afraid, hyung. Yugyeom is fine this morning, but he suddenly faint after I pick him up from school. I… don’t know what happen,” Youngjae begins sobbing again, I pull him in my embrace as I take Yugyeom’s hand. He has fever.
 
“Appa…” Yugyeom mumbles, making us pull apart.
 
“Yugyeom-ah… baby…” Youngjae calls him softly as he caresses Yugyeom’s cheeks.
 
“Appa…” he calls me again.
 
“Yes, baby… Appa is here, baby…” I say as I squish his hands. “Yugyeom-ah… baby… Appa is here.” 
 
Then, Yugyeom slowly opens his eyes. “Baby…” Youngjae whispers.
 
“Appa… d-daddy…” his voice is so small that we have to pay really attention to his lips.
 
“Baby…” Youngjae keeps calling him, he muffles his cry. Yugyeom’s eyes opens wide now. He tries to sit up, Youngjae helps him.
 
“Baby… Don’t overwork yourself. Just lay down.” Youngjae softly say and I nod beside him, “Yes, baby. We won’t go anywhere.”
 
Yugyeom shakes his head, “No. I want to see your face, daddy. And you too, Appa.”
 
“Why?” I ask him. He makes me confused.
 
“Hm… can I get hug from both of you?” he asks cutely. I look at Youngjae who look at Yugyeom.
 
“Of course, baby. Here…” he pulls Yuygeom in to his embrace.
 
“Appa?” Yugyeom calls me. I smile to him as I wrap my arms around both of them.
 
“Gyeom-ah… you’ll be fine. Don’t worry. I will always be here with you, baby.” Youngjae muffles his cry.
 
“Yes, baby. I will always be here with you and your dad also. I love both of you.” I say after Youngjae.
 
I feel Yugyeom pulls away from the hug. He looks at me and Youngjae cutely, smiling so wide, “Then… I know that I will be okay now.”
 
“What happen, baby? Tell us.” I ask as I pat Yugyeom’s head. Before Yugyeom answer, there’s a knock on the door.
 
“It must be the doctor,” Youngjae says as he walks to the front door. Yugyeom tugs my suit. I look at Yugyeom, “Why, son?”
 
“Uhm… I don’t want daddy to be sad, Appa. Please, stay with him.” he says with his doe eyes. I sigh.
 
“I…” I am about to say something, but Youngjae comes with the doctor. The doctor immediately examines Yugyeom.
 
“How is he, doc?” Youngjae asks, concerned. I take a seat again on Yugyeom’s bed. Yugyeom is looking at the doctor and Youngjae while he plays with my fingers.
 
“He is fine, just need some rest. This is the receipt. Hope he get well soon.” Then the doctor goes. Youngjae immediately back to the room.
 
“Baby… I will make you porridge. You have to drink your medicine. Appa will stay with you. Alright?” Youngjae kisses Yugyeom’s head before leaving us alone.
 
“Appa?” yugyeom calls me again after Youngjae is nowhere to be seen.
 
“Yes?”
 
“My friends were making fun of me in the school.” Yugyeom tells me, sadly. I remember his friends’ expressions when Yugyeom told them he has two daddies.
 
“How?”
 
“They said that I am weird because I have two fathers, instead a mother. They also said that my daddy is weird because he has a weird kid like me. And… and because my daddy is… he is single… and… he loves guy. I… I am so sad, Appa. Because they were making fun of daddy too.” Yugyeom burries his head on my chest, crying.
 
“Ssshh… it’s okay now, baby. I will send you off to school later and serve them right. They will never making fun of you again. I promise. If they did, then you will just change school. How?” I sooth his back to calm him. He nods.
 
“Appa… am I… am I weird?” he looks at me with his beautiful brown eyes, just like Youngjae. He really resembles Youngjae a lot.
 
“Baby… trust me, you are the smartest, the cutest, the kindest, the best kid I’ve ever met. They were making fun of you because they were jealous of you since they didn’t have two daddies who loves them like I and daddy love you. You are loved, baby. Don’t ever forget that. And, don’t listen to some stupid people…”
 
“Hyung, don’t use that word. Yugyeom is still child. Don’t use dirty word in front of him.” Youngjae stands in front of the door and scolds me. I and Yugyeom are surprised to see him there.
 
“Dad…dy?” 
 
“You have to eat, baby. Here.” Youngjae walks closer and put a tray of foods in front of Yugyeom. He feeds Yugyeom.
 
“D-daddy…”
 
“What?”
 
“I love you.”
 
“I know it. And I love you too. You have to eat much. Don’t you know that Appa will take you to the Amusement Park this weekend?”
 
“Oh, really?” Yugyeom's eyes are shining hearing this.
 
“Sh*t, I forget.” I curse unintentionally, making Youngjae glares at me, “Hyung! I warn you.”
 
“I am sorry, baby… and, yes, I will take you to the Amusement Park.” I grin, scratching my neck nervously. Youngjae huffs a little than continue feeding Yugyeom and gives him the medicine to drink. Soon enough, Yugyeom is sleeping. Youngjae stares hard at him. I watch this beautiful moment and realize that Yugyeom is indeed resembles Youngjae so much.
 
“Hm, hyung… I want to talk to you.” Youngjae says without breaking his eyes on Yugyeom. He makes sure that Yugyeom sleeps well before going out the room with the remain porridge and medicine.
 
“Jae-ah…”
 
“I am so sorry that I disturbed your meeting, hyung. I… I was afraid. He was fine this morning when you sent him to his school. I picked Yugyeom from his school. Yugyeom has been odd since then. He kept rambling about you and me and his baby days. 
When we got home, he suddenly becomes silent. I asked him more than once, but he kept silent. Then, suddenly he faint. I… I was so afraid, hyung. He is my one and only son. And I love him so much. I… I am so happy to have him.” Youngjae’s voice is quivering while telling me all about it. He pauses a bit.
 
“Hyung… I heard it all. What should I do now?” Youngjae looks at me with his sad eyes.
 
“Just be there for Yugyeom. Jae-ah… Let’s rain him with our love so he can always feels that he is loved. And… he asked me to move in and stay with you here,” I say softly, watching Youngjae’s expression.
 
“You don’t have to force yourself, Jae. I won’t move in until you ask me too. I’ll wait for you.” I cut him as Youngjae was about to say something. I am afraid that he will say something stupid. We sit in silent. Suddenly I think about the thing that Youngjae said a couple days ago.
 
“Jae-ah… I really want to ask this. Uhm, is Yugyeom really your own son?” I hesitantly ask. Youngjae looks at me with an expression that I can't tell. He let a big sighs a couple of times.
 
“… What would you do if I said ‘yes’?” Youngjae asks back. I look at him deeply, taking his hands on mine.
 
“I will do anything to make you mine. I love you so much, Jae.”
 
“Then… will you accept me for who I am?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“… even I made a mistake?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“… even if maybe I am a bit different?”
 
“… yes.”
 
“Jae-ah… I don’t understand. What is this all about?” I ask him, confused.
 
“I… I am sorry, hyung. I am not ready yet to tell you. But, thank you for your sincere answer.”
 
“Okay, I won’t push you. I will wait for it patiently. Just know this, Jae… I mean it. I will do anything to make you mine again. And don’t ever think about running away again this time because I won’t let you go anywhere. Here, beside me, is the right place for you and Yugyeom. I love you, baby.” I say as I pull him in to a hug. He hesitantly hugs me back. I have some hunches about what Youngjae’s been hiding from me, but I won’t push him. I will wait patiently for him.

 

 

a.n: Wow... such a long chapter! Hyuuu~

So, how was it? Did you catch the hints? I made them so obvious, right? Kkkk~

 

Wel.. enjoy and like always, comments are very welcome. Thanks for upvoting, subscribing, and reading this story.

Have a good day, all! ^^