Surprise

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 35- 


 

[Jaehyung’s POV]

I don’t know what time it is. I abruptly wake up from my deep sleep due to shock as I hear thunder’s scream and some lights illuminate the sky. I look around my room and find nothing but a pitch dark. I just realize that it’s black out. I sniffle as the fear slowly comes to me. Hyung isn’t with me here. He is having graduation party in one of his best friend’s house.

 

I hear a light knock on my door. I lift my head to look at the direction and see mommy comes with lighter in his hand.

 

“Baby?” he calls me, walking closer.

 

I run towards him, hugging him tightly, “MOMMY~!!!”

 

“Are you okay?” he pulls away from the hug and bent his body to check on me. He whips away my tears. I sniffle again and nod my head. He hugs me again for a while until I calm down.

 

“Let’s sleep with me and Appa, baby…” he holds my hand as we get out from my room.

 

We come to his room and find Appa is sleeping soundly on the bed. Mommy puts the lighter on the bedside desk. He helps me climb to the bed before lying down beside me.

 

“Sleep, baby.” He says, patting my body lightly.

 

“Mommy?” I call him. He hums. I know that he isn’t sleeping yet.

 

“Were you sleeping before?” I shift my body to face him. Mommy opens his eyes.

 

“Yes.” He simply says, caressing my head.

 

“How did you know I was crying?” I can’t help but ask.

 

“Because you are my baby. I will know it when you are sad, happy, scared, sick, even lied.” He smiles.

 

I nod, agreed with him. Mommy closes his eyes again. I want to close my eyes, but I can’t. Instead, I study Mommy’s face. He is indeed so beautiful and I really love his mole under his right eye, just like hyung’s.

 

“Mommy?” he opens his eyes again, sleepiness is clearly seen in his face, but he still smiles at me.

 

“Yes, baby?”

 

“I love you. I am really happy to be your son.” I honestly say before kiss his lips, grinning widely. He looks at me for a moment before pull me in to his embrace, kissing my head a few times.

 

“I know. I love you too, baby. And I am really happy to have you.” he whisper to my ear. I snuggle closer to him as he wraps me in his warm embrace. The thunder once again screams loudly.

 

“Sleep, baby. I will protect you.” he softly says. Slowly as I drift to sleep, I feel another arms join mommy’s to embrace me. Without asking, I already know that those arms belong to Appa.

 


 

The next morning, I feel arms around my body, hugging me protectively. I open my eyes and find Appa’s chest against my head. Appa is sleeping and hugging me tight. I feel his warm embrace around my body. I shift a bit don’t want to get out from his warm embrace. He pats my head and kisses the top of my head. I smile to his small action.

 

“Are you awake, baby?” he asks me with his deep voice. I nod my head against his chest.

 

“I want to stay like this for a while, Appa. I love your embrace.” I honestly say. He hums, chuckling a bit. “Alright. Let’s stay for another minute.”

 

We stay for another minute before mommy calling us to take breakfast.

 

“Well… that is our alarm, baby. We should get up now or he will nag us all day.” Appa says. I chuckle, pulling away from his warm hug with a yawn.

 

Appa gets up from the bed first before reaching out his hands. I jump on the bed happily as I hop to him. He holds me up to the kitchen.

 

“You need to eat much, baby. I feel you are lighter now.” Appa says, pinching my nose.

 

“Hello, you baby bear…” Mommy greets us. He takes me from Appa’s hold, kissing me a few times before he sits me on the chair beside him.

 

“I make your favorite, baby. Eat much.” He says. Appa takes the seat across me.

 

“How was your sleep?” he asks again as I begin to eat.

 

“Great! I sleep very very well, mommy.” I grin at them. We chat loudly in the dining room and immediately silence as Appa suddenly gets up. I look up at him, “Appa? Where are you going?”

 

“I want to open the door. Your hyung is knocking the door, baby.” He says. I frown, looking at mommy, “Did you hear a knock sound, mom?” He nods.

 

“I didn’t hear it…” I mumble. Mommy heard this and he hugs me tightly, “You are so cute, baby.” He says, kissing my cheek.  Soon enough, hyung comes to the dining room with a yawn.

 

“Hyung!” I exclaim excitedly to see him.

 

“Hey, buddy!” he high five me.

 

“I think I will sleep some more, mom.” He greets mommy.

 

“Eat first, Yugyeom-ah.” Mommy orders as he prepares his breakfast. Hyung sits beside Appa. He is clearly tired.

 

“Are you not getting enough sleep, hyung?” I ask, curious.

 

He shakes his head, “Thanks, mom.” He says as mommy helps him with his breakfast.

 

“We slept really night. I didn’t even remember the time. Because I want to sleep more, I immediately going home.” He says. Hyung immediately goes to the room as soon as he finished his breakfast. This morning is just another usual morning.

 


 

A few days from then, in the clear and breezy night, we all gather in the living room to watch some TV Programs. I am playing some games in Appa’s phone while hyung is reading book. Suddenly, the spoiled self of mine comes again as I look at Appa who rest his head on mommy’s lap and play with his hand. Their eyes are on TV, but their body is making a lovely contact.

 

“Mommy?” I call him, lift my head from the phone. I close the phone and return it to Appa who lifts his body from momm’t lap. I cheer inside.

 

“Mommy~” I get up and plop my body on mommy’s lap, hug him and rest my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeats.

 

“Baby…” I can feel mommy and Appa’s stare at me. Without looking at them, I know they have a quizzical look. I just snuggle closer to mommy and slowly feel mommy wraps his arms around me.

 

I lift my head to look at him cutely, blinking my eyes a few times. Mommy and Appa look at me. I know that hyung is looking at me too.

 

“Mommy~ Mommy~ Mommy~ Mommy~” I keep calling him as I tighten my embrace and burry my head deeper. Mommy shifts from the seat to get a better comfortable position as he hugs me. Appa is patting my back.

 

“What happened, baby?” Mommy asks as he caressing my hair. I fall deeper in his warm embrace.

 

I shake my head. I also don’t know why I feel this way. I don’t really like it if Appa or hyung gets too close to mommy. I want mommy for myself.

 

“Baby?” Mommy asks again.

 

Feeling defeated, I lift my head to look at his beautiful eyes. “I want to sleep with you again.” then I burry my head again.

 

“Hey… What happened, baby? You sleep with us every night now.” Appa says. I don’t answer him.

 

“Are you fighting with hyung?” he asks again. I only shake my head.

 

“No. We are fine, Appa. I think Jaejae is in his spoiled mode again.” hyung simply comment.

 

“Are you sure everything is okay?” Appa asks again. I nod my head.

 

Mommy lets a deep sigh, so I lift my head with pleading eyes, “Can I, mommy?”

 

He looks at Appa briefly before smiling to me, “Of course, baby. Are you sleepy now?” he asks.

 

“No. But, I want to stay like this, mommy. I love your embrace.” I say, closing my eyes, listening to his heartbeats.

 

“Okay.” Mommy doesn’t say anything, but he keeps soothing my back and slowly I drift to sleep in his embrace. In the midnight, I stir from sleep with a fear that mommy leaves me. But, instead I find myself in his deeper embrace with Appa. I snuggle closer to him and try to sleep again as I feel secure.

 

“Nightmare, baby?” Mommy’s soft voice rings in my ear. I don’t answer him, just nodding my head and clutch his pajamas.

 

“It’s okay. I am here, baby. Sleep again…” he softly mumbles, caressing my head and kissing my forehead.

 


 

One day, Appa says that we are invited to his colleague’s wedding party. He wants us to come together. So, here we are, in the middle of the business men’s party. Appa and mommy are greeting everyone they know. I prefer to stick close to mommy while hyung is finding interest in the buffet. He surely loves to eat.

 

“Are you okay, honey?” Appa asks mommy. I look up at mommy. Mommy looks really pale.

 

“Mommy?” I call him, squeezing his hand. He looks down, smiling, “I am okay, baby.”

 

“Really?” Appa asks again to make sure.

 

“Yes. Just a little bit dizzy because of the liquor’s smell, I think.” He tells.

 

“Liquor?” Appa asks again. Mommy nods.

 

“You don’t drink, right?” Appa asks again.

 

Mommy shakes his head, “I didn’t drink, but just now there was someone who stood close to me. I think he was drunk. And I feel dizzy after that.”

 

“Alright. Let’s find somewhere to rest.” Appa takes mommy’s hand and leads him out of the venue to the open space garden. We sit in one of the bench there.

 

“Feeling better?” Appa asks again. I know that Appa is worrying mommy. I also worry about him.

 

“Much better. Thank you, honey. I am sorry because of me you couldn’t greet your colleagues.”

 

“No need. I already greeted most of them anyway.” Appa says, wrapping mommy in his arms.

 

“You are more important. Wanna go home?”

 

Mommy shakes his head. “The wedding isn’t over.”

 

“Mommy?” I call him.

 

“Yes, baby? Want me to hug you again?” he asks before I say something. I nod. He smiles at me as he pulls me to sit on his lap.

 

“Are you okay, mommy?”

 

“I am, baby. Don’t worry.” He smiles assuring me.

 

“I think it’s better to go home now. I will find Yugyeom.” Appa leaves us. As usual, I hug mommy tightly.

 

“Don’t be sick, mommy. Jaejae is sad if mommy sick.” I say to him as I look at his eyes. He smiles sweetly, “I won’t. I am just a little bit tired, baby.”

 

“Oh, did I make you more tired, mommy?” I just realize that maybe it’s because of my body weight. But, Mommy is laughing now.

 

“No, baby. I love your hug.” He says, kissing my nose. In a moment, Appa comes with hyung.

 

“Mommy! Why are you so pale?” Hyung immediately asks him worriedly.

 

“I am fine, baby.” He smiles. I climb down from his lap and take his hand.

 

“Let’s go home. Mommy needs to rest.” Appa says. We all follow him as I and hyung keeps holding mommy’s hand.

 


 

Mommy is feeling better the next day. But, Appa is insisted to stay beside him. He took all of his works to home so he can accompany mommy. Appa really loves mommy. Hyung calls me to the room while I am watching cartoon with Appa and Mommy.

 

“Hyung! I was watching my favorite cartoon just now.” I whine to him, crossing my arms above my chest as I sit on my bed.

 

“Hey, don’t be angry, Jae. We’ve got to plan something.” Hyung says, chuckling.

 

I look at him confused, “Planning something?” I ask a bit loud as hyung suddenly covers my mouth.

 

“Ssssttt! Keep your volume, please, Jae.” he takes his hand away. I pout at him.

 

“Look… Appa and Mommy will have their anniversary the day after tomorrow. So, I think I will invite you to make some surprise for them.”

 

“Surprise? What kind of surprise, hyung?”

 

“Nothing much. Just like… uhm… making dinner for them. But, I really really need your help, Jae. So, are you in or not?”

 

“Of course, I am in, hyung. It’s for Appa and Mommy.” I smile excitedly at him. Then, we plan everything. We even gather our allowance to run this plan.

 


 

“Jae… We need so much time to make dinner for them. So, we need them to go far away from home and long enough. Do you have any idea?” hyung asks in the morning. Appa is still taking his break even though mommy is better now.

 

“Hahaha. For this time, I am ahead from you, hyung.” I say confidently as I get up to take two tickets from my drawer.

 

“Tickets?” hyung asks.

 

“Yes. I ask Uncle Bambam to get me these tickets, hyung. These’re musical concert tickets. Appa and mommy loves musical, right?”

 

Hyung is silence for a moment before he pulls me into his bear hug, “You are genius, Jae!”

 

“I know, hyung.” I high five him, grinning widely.

 

“By the way, have you practice the song that I give you?” hyung asks me.

 

“Yes. I’ve practice hard, hyung. It’s a bit hard at first, but I get it now.” I say as I take my guitar with me.

 

“Let’s hear that…” Hyung shifts to comfortable position as I begin to play guitar. I abruptly stop when the door suddenly opens.

 

“Appa!” we shout at the same time.

 

Appa laugh as he comes in, “Sorry. I am just curious about what you are doing here.”

 

We look at each other before smiling, “Where is mommy, Appa?” Hyung turns the conversation.

 

“He is sleeping.”

 

“Is he okay, Appa?” I ask him concernly.

 

“He will be fine. He threw up again just now. So, I asked him to take a rest. Seems like he is so tired these days.” Appa takes a deep sigh.

 

“I’ve been convicing him to go to the doctor, but he refused. I don’t know what I should do.” Appa tells us. We kind of understand him.

 

“By the way, what are you doing, baby?” he asks us again after some times. He leans to my bed.

 

“I am just practicing guitar again, Appa.” I cheekily answer him.

 

“Good. I want to hear that, baby. Can I?” he pleads. I nod and play for him a song. He is excitedly watching me.

 

“You are great, baby. So, gifting this guitar for your last birthday was the best decision. You have talent on it, baby. Keep going. I’ll support you.” Appa sincerely says.

 

I put away my guitar to hug and kiss him, “Yes, Appa. Thank you so much. I love you.”

 

“I love you too, baby.” He kisses me back.

 

“I miss mommy…” I mumble.

 

“You miss his hug? You used to cling to him like a baby koala.” He chuckles.

 

“Appa~” I lightly hit him.

 

“Okay. Okay. I am sorry, baby. Not baby koala…” Appa trails off.

 

“… baby bear…” hyung finishes his words for Appa. I pout at them, “Mommy~” I whine, calling mommy before Appa pulls me in to his hug.

 

“Appa…” Hyung calls him.

 

“Yes?”

 

“Uhm… So, I got these tickets for musical concert tomorrow. I got it from online gifts. I can’t watch it though because it’s for adult. So, I was wondering if you want to watch it with mommy. Just count it as a date, Appa. We won’t disturb you tomorrow.”

 

Appa takes the tickets and examine it for a while before pulling hyung in to his hug too, “Okay. I will tell mommy. Thank you, baby~” Somehow, I feel like Appa can see thru our plan. I really wish I got my hunch wrong.

 


 

[Yugyeom’s POV]

Appa and mommy are going to watch the musical. I and Jae immediately start to decorate the house. We decorate it as romantic as possible. Yerin and Jimin are helping us for a while. We intentionally didn’t call uncles because they are busy and we don’t want to disturb them.

 

After decorating the house, we immediately cook. Well, most of the food we get it done. We bought the food from Mommy’s favorite restaurant because there is no way I and Jae can make it. I and Jae agreed to just make the cake. It’s harder than we thought.

 

We are failed in our second chance. We almost run out the ingredients and time now. But, we aren’t called Im Brothers if we didn’t support each other well. Finally, finally, finally, after some failure attempts we made the cake just right.

 

“We just have to bake it, Jae.”

 

“Then decorate it.” Jae says, high-five me.

 

“Jaehyung-ah~ you are so cute!” I say, pinching his cheeks that cover with white flour.

 

“Aaahh, hyung~ No~” he whines, making me laugh. Then we begin to throw some left over flour to each other. Without realizing the mess we made, the phone suddenly rings.

 

“Oh my God! What time is it?” I ask Jaehyung who run to the living room to look at the clock.

 

“It’s almost 5pm, hyung! We are running out of time.” He shouts at me.

 

“Go get the phone, Jae! I will take the cake.” I shout from the kitchen, finally looking around to the mess that we had done.

 

Jaehyung comes to the kitchen after some while. He grins widely.

 

“Why, Jae?”

 

“We get some more times, hyung. Mommy finally agreed to go to the doctor. So, Appa will go to hospital first.”

 

“Oh, good. I hope mommy is okay.”

 

“Me too. Can I help with something, hyung?”

 

“Oh, yeah… can you clean up the mess while I decorate this cake?” I grin at him. He looks around and pouting at me.

 

“Hyu~Ng… are you really? It’s so a mess here... hyung~” he whines cutely.

 

I chuckle at him, “I will help you too.” I pause.

 

He looks at me expectedly, “After I decorate it, of course.” He pouts even more, but eventually does cleaning.

 

“Ugh, this is the consequence being the youngest. I wish I could have a little sister.” He mumbles while cleaning the mess. I shake my head, chuckling at him. The more he pouts and complaining, the more I want to .

 

“Yeay! I am done!” I shout loudly, stretching my body.

 

“Where… where, hyung? Let me see!” Jaejae runs towards me with a broom in his hand.

 

“Woah… it’s so good! You are awesome, hyung. It’s just like a cake from the bread shop.” He compliments me.

 

I kiss his cheek, “Thank you, buddy. Now, let me help you.”

 

“Oh! Wait a moment, hyung!!” he says, stopping me from cleaning the mess. Jaejae is running nowhere and comeback with the polaroid.

 

“Proof!” he simply says. I nod, taking the camera. We pose a few times to the camera, showing our work with the cake and the mess.

 

“It’s cute~” I say happily as I see the result.

 

“We are sibling, hyung!” he says.

 

“Let’s begin to clean up before Appa and Mommy come!”

 


 

We are done getting ready and take a look around to see if we forget something. Once we sure that everything is perfect, I drag my baby brother to the door, to greet Appa and Mommy with confetti.

 

I put my ear close to the door, Jaejae does the same. We can hear clearly the car’s noise and a lot of bickering from mommy and Appa.

 

“What should we do now, honey?” Mommy says with a higher tone.

 

“I don’t know.”

 

“It’s your fault.”

 

“How come is it my fault only, honey? You did it too.”

 

“Ugh, I don’t know anymore. I don’t know how to tell Yugyeom and Jaehyung now. And…” Mommy pauses. And I can hear they stop walking.

 

“I don’t know how they will react, honey. What if they…”

 

“Ssshhh… believe me, they will be fine with it. Trust me. Now, you have to take a rest and don’t think anymore.” They start walking again.

 

I look at Jaejae who stares back at me, “What are they talking about?” I mutter softly. Jaehyung shrugs his shoulder.

 

They come closer, “Huh? It’s dark inside. Are they going outside without telling us?” Mommy asks.

 

“They said nothing to me. Let’s get inside.” Appa says as he unlocks the door. I look at Jaehyung and give him the sign, “1… 2… 3…!”

 

Appa opens the door. “Happy Anniversary, Mommy and Appa!” We shout out loud and throw the confetti. They look so surprise and shock as they froze about the door. We go to hug them.

 

“Happy anniversary, Appa!” I hug him, kissing his cheeks.

 

“Happy anniversary, Mommy! Are you okay?” Jaehyung hugs mommy by his waist and asks him cutely.

 

“Oh my God! I don’t expect it, baby. I am okay. I am okay now. Thank you so much.” Mommy bends his body to hug Jaejae. We all go inside to the living room that magically we changed in to romantic dining room. I serve Appa and Jaehyung serves mommy.

 

“Do you prepare all of this? Both of you?” Appa asks in disbeliefs as he looks around.

 

“Yes, Appa. I and hyung prepared it before this day.” Jaehyung and I get all the foods and the cake done on the table.

 

“And these foods…?” Mommy asks.

 

We grin widely, “No, mommy. We bought it. We only made the cake. Right, Jae?” Jaehyung nods beside me, pointing at the cake.

 

“Oh my God! Thank you so much, baby. I almost forgot about this day.” Mommy pulls us in to his hug.

 

“Do you forget too, Appa?” I ask Appa as I sit across him, beside mommy.

 

“No. How come I forget it when you plan all of this?” Appa chuckles a bit before laughing.

 

I look at Jaehyung, “WHAT?” we shout out loud together.

 

“You knew?” I ask him in disbeliefs.

 

Appa nod, “Well… I heard about the tickets yesterday…”

 

“I told you, hyung~” Jaehyung lightly hit my arm. I pout.

 

“It’s okay. You are really surprise me, baby…” Mommy cheers us up.

 

“Yes. I only know about the tickets though. I don’t know that you’ve been preparing this. And the decoration… it’s great, baby. I want to eat the cake now.”

 

“Yes, Appa. Let’s eat the cake…” Jaehyung brings the knife, but mommy holds his hand.

 

“No no no… kid doesn’t play with knife, baby…” Mommy says, taking the knife.

 

“But, I am eight, mommy…” Jaehyung whines, making us laugh.

 

“Before that, let’s make a wish, Appa, mommy! Jaehyung-ah… let’s join them!” We all pray to God in silence. Once we are done, we immediately eat together.

 

“I think… this is not all.” Appa says after we ate.

 

“You are right, Appa. So, we’ve been practicing hard. I hope it please you, Mom, Appa. Please, know this, we love you whole heartedly. We love you so much and thank you for being the greatest parents for us.” I say as I and Jaehyung take our position. Jaehyung is on guitar, while I play piano.

 

“Ready, Jae?”

 

“Yes, hyung!”

 

We begin to play the instrument and sing the favorite song of Appa and Mommy.

 

If I had to live my life without you near me

The days would all be empty

The night would seem so long

With you I see forever oh so clearly

I might have been in love before

But it never felt this strong

Our dreams are young and we both know

They’ll take us where we want to go

Hold me now

Touch me now

I don’t want to live without you

Nothing’s gonna change my love for you

You ought to know by now how much I love you

One thing you can be sure of

I’ll never ask for more than your love

Nothing’s gonna change my love for you

You ought to know by now how much I love you

The world may change my whole life through

But nothing’s gonna change my love for you

If the road ahead is not so easy

Our love will lead the way for us

Like a guiding star

I’ll be there for you if you should need me

You don’t have to change a thing

I love you just the way you are

So come with me and share the view

I’ll help you see forever too

Hold me now

Touch me now

I don’t want to live without you

Nothing’s gonna change my love for you

You ought to know by now how much I love you

One thing you can be sure of

I’ll never ask for more than your love

Nothing’s gonna change my love for you

You ought to know by now how much I love you

The world may change my whole life through

But nothing’s gonna change my love for you

 

Jaehyung struggled with the lyrics because it’s all in English. And he made a cute mistake in the end of the song. We all chuckle at it, but I can see that Jaehyung really embrassed by it. His face is so red, like a tomato.

 

“Mommy~” he whines as he walks faster towards mommy and burries his head on mommy’s neck, hugging him tightly as soon as we finished played the song.

 

“Jae-ah… you are so red. Like a tomato. Tomato bear.” I . He hugs mommy tighter, muttering, “Hyung is so mean to Jaejae. Mommy~” Mommy pats his back kindly.

 

He lifts his head after some while and his face is still a bit red. He is pouting at us now. Once he looks at me, he immediately burries his head against mommy again.

 

“Baby… Thank you for the song and the cake. I am really happy today. You were great. No need to be embrassed, baby. Hm?” Mommy’s soothing his back.

 

“Really? I did well?” he asks cutely.

 

“You did great, baby. Not only well…” Appa compliments him.

 

“Come here, let me hug you…” Jaehyung climbs down from mommy’s lap as he goes towards Appa.

 

“Aigoo-ya my baby boy. You are growing up again, baby.” He says, giving eskimo kiss.

 

“Thank you and I love you.” Appa smiles gently.

 

“Oh! We made something for you…” I almost forget the gift. I back to the room to take it. When I am back, Mommy and Appa have quizzical expression.

 

“What is that, Yugyeom-ah?” Appa asks as I put the big gift on the table.

 

“This is…” Jaehyung comes closer to me to help me open the gift.

 

“The Trace of Memories Book, Appa. I collected all the photos that I could get from Uncles and grandpa, also from some of the album in the book shelf. And Jaehyung helped me arranging it. We had fun to make this book, Appa, Mommy. Because…”

 

“There is so much love in every picture.” Jaehyung finished it for me. Mommy and Appa take a look of the book.

 

“Appa! You really love Mommy. I can tell it from the way you look at mommy, so full of love.” I .

 

“No wonder I look like you~” I add, hitting him lightly with my shoulder. Appa is blushing beside me.

 

“Hyung! Appa is blushing! Hyung~ Daebak!!” Jaehyung shouts excitedly, making Appa more embrassed.

 

“Ugh… Appa’s embrassed is so cute~” he adds.

 

“Honey~” Appa whines to mommy who laughs out loud.

 

“And mommy… I can tell that mommy also love Appa so much. The way you smile to Appa is incredible, Mom! Jjang! You have a signature smile just for Appa that sometimes I envy Appa because he receive so much love from you.” I say, teasing mommy a bit. But, mommy doesn’t blush. He keeps cool.

 

“… While the fact is… Appa who is often jealous with us, hyung!” Jaehyung says calmly, but enough to bring storm for Appa.

 

“Yah! Is it Appa’s teasing day, baby?” Appa says out loud, pouting. We find it cute, so we laugh at him.

 

“Ugh… my babies know how to tease me now.” He mumbles.

 

“Don’t be angry, Appa. You know that we are only joking, right? Even though all of the thing that we said were true.” Jaehyung hugs Appa.

 

“Baby… you were off too good to blow me for the second time, Jae…” Appa pinches his nose.

 

“So, do you like our gift, Appa? Mommy?” I ask them. We look at them cutely, blinking our eyes like puppies. They are laughing loudly and pull us in to their embrace. We are in the group hug for a while.

 

“Thanks for the surprise.” Appa says again. Mommy agreed at him. And that really please us.

 

Late at night, after the surprise, we all cuddle in the living room. Somehow, we manage to pull out all the blankets and made a big comfy bed in front of the TV. We are watching a horror movie. Jaehyung and mommy are scaredy cat. They keep closing their eyes.

 

“Mommy~ Jaejae is afraid~” Jaehyung whines as he climbs up to mommy’s lap as usual.

 

“Sleepy, baby?” Mommy asks him. I look at them briefly as I munching popcorns. Jaehyung nods his head.

 

“Sing me to sleep, mommy~” he demands. Mommy is soothing his back while lullby him.

 

“Ow.” Mommy suddenly exclaims. I grab the remote to pause the video. We all look at him. Jaejae is lifting his head.

 

“Mommy?” he asks sleepily. Mommy is winces in pain.

 

“Jaehyung-ah… can you come down from mommy, baby?” Appa asks, worriedly. Jaehyung looks at them confusedly as he obeys Appa. He immediately clings to me. We look at Appa who carefully lay mommy down.

 

“Are you hurt somewhere?” Appa asks.

 

“No. Just… you know…” mommy says vaguely.

 

“Mommy, are you okay?” Jaehyung asks him, concern.

 

“Did Jaejae hurt you?” he looks at mommy full of concern. Appa is caressing mommy’s belly.

 

“No, baby. It’s not you. It’s your sibling suppose to be.” Appa tells us. I and Jaehyung nod, still registering the information.

 

“Wait, WHAT?!” I exclaim loudly, full of shock. I look at Appa and mommy with wide eyes, can’t believe what I heard. Jaehyung gives me a confused look.

 

“Yes, Yugyeom-ah… Mommy is… pregnant again.” Appa softly says. I look at mommy.

 

“Really, mom?” I ask him. He nods weakly.

 

“I think Jaejae feel it too for these past few weeks. Jaejae clings to him more, right? That’s one of the sign that he noticed another soul inside your mom.” Appa explains.

 

“What, Appa? What, Mommy? Hyung? I don’t understand…”

 

“Jae-ah… you will have a little sibling, baby. Mommy is carrying your sibling.” Jaehyung immediately jumps up and down.

 

“Really? Really? Really? Really? Wow! It’s fast! I just wished it today, Appa!” he exclaims excitedly.

 

“Yahoo! Jaejae will have little sibling! Yes Yes!” Jaehyung is super happy.

 

Mommy looks at me, “Yugyeom-ah… I am sorry…” he weakly says. I just realize that I don’t really express myself and probably Mommy and Appa thought that I didn’t like this news.

 

I shake my head and takes mommy’s hand, “No, Mom. I am glad too. Sorry, if you thought that I was angry or anything. I was… I was just… shock. It was surprise me so much. Hm, but… I am happy as long as you are happy. So, don’t overthinking, mom. Keep your health.” I assure him.

 

Jaehyung is tired after running around here and there. He plops his body next to mommy and hug him tighly.

 

“I want to hear it, mommy~” he puts his head on mommy’s belly and smiling like a good boy he is as mommy caresses his head. Both of them are giggling happily as they talk about the new baby.

 

“Hey, Appa… congratulation! Your work is paid off!” I wink mischieviously at him, knowing so much that he really wants another baby. Mostly baby girl.

 

“Yugyeom-ah!” he exclaims, before laughing.

 

“Well… I can’t wait to see mommy in his lady form again~ Yeah… finally, the beautiful queen Choi Youngjae is back!” I tease both of my parents in which they hit me lightly and soon Jaehyung joins them too. We all laugh a lot that night. Among all the surprises today, this baby news is the most surprising for us.



 

an: Thank you so much for being with me for the past three months. Such a great times for me.

Thank you for your sincere supports. I love you, all! ^^