D-2

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 18- 

 


 

It’s been a day without Youngjae and I can’t keep myself from thinking about him so much. Jackson’s answers never satisfy me, so I begin to message Mark to know more about Youngjae. 
 
This noon, Minjun Hyung and Fei Noona will pay visit and since I can’t go to office, I bored to hell this morning. I hear Jackson is talking with someone by phone in the kitchen. He uses English and Mandarin, I guess he is talking with Mark. Out of curousity, I walk to the kitchen, pretend that I need coffee and plop my body on the dinner table. Jackson seems no bother with my presence, so I stay.
 
“Yeah. Jaebum hyung is here.” Jackson says in whisper, then suddenly Mark’s voice rings up to my ear. Jackson put the phone on the speaker.
 
“Yah! Im Jaebum! I know that you love Youngjae too much and I know you miss him, but keep your hands from your phone, will ya?! I need my time. Stop bothering me with your message. You drives me crazy, dude! Way to go! You hear me, Im Jaebum?!” Mark yells a loud. I see Jackson bending his body, laugh so much. I look at him blankly.
 
“Oh!” an exclaimation escape my mouth as I realize what Mark means to. Yes, since I can’t message and call Youngjae, I bother him. A lot. 
 
I chuckle a bit before saying, “Sorry, Mark! I won’t stop till my wedding day. Just bear with it. Two days more.” I shout at Mark, returning their words yesterday “just three days, bear with it, hyung.” 
 
I am still sitting on my chair, sipping my morning coffee.
 
“Yah, Mark! Tell that same exactly your words to Youngjae too. He disturbes me so much with his nags and messages.” Jackson casually talks to Mark in a flat tone. The phone is back to normal mode, but I can clearly hear Youngjae shouts at him. I choke my phone upon hearing his voice. I miss him.
 
Jackson ends the phone with “I love you. I will see you soon.”
 
I look at him blankly, unconsciously staring hard until he snaps me, “Hey, hyung! What?!” his face close to mine, making me shock. And if this is drama, I will have fall from my chair due to shock.
 
“YAH! YOUR FACE IS TOO CLOSE!!” I shout at him. He pulls away and laughing hard, walking away to the living room and turning the TV. I plop my body next to him.
 
“I miss Youngjae.” I softly admit.
 
“So does he, hyung.” He simply says, changing the channels.
 
“Does he?” I ask in disbelief.
 
Jackson turn the volume down and turning his body to me, facing me, “Yah, believe me, hyung. I never get so annoyed with someone before I met Youngjae. Ever since you left his apartment yesterday, he keeps messaging me, asking what are you doing, what did you eat, did you rest well, what about your fever, did you drink your medicine, and bla bla bla.
 
I am sick of it, really. I think Jinyoung didn’t think about this before he told us about the rules. He didn’t think about me and Mark’s suffering here, answering your questions. I and Mark agreed that I think it would be better if you guys just keep staying together now.” He sighs.
I laugh at his silliness, “That why, Jackson-ah. Don’t ever separate two persons who are in love so much.” I simply say, taking the remote to change the channel.
 
“By the way, hyung… when will Minjun hyung come? I miss him so much.”
 
“This afternoon.” Jackson nods.
 
“I will take shower.” I say as I walk away.
 
I take my time in the bathroom, really taking my time. When I walk out to find my clothes, I hear a light knock on my door.
 
“Hyung?” Jackson’s voice.
 
“Yes? I am changing my clothes. Wait!” I shout. I hurriedly put my clothes on and meet Jackson who loud so loud with Mark. What? Mark? Mark is here? If Mark is here, then...
 
I immediatel fly to him as I search for someone. Youngjae. I look everywhere. Jackson and Mark are looking at me confusedly.
 
“Hyung, what are you doing?” Jackson finally asks.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Hey, JB! What are you doing? Flying around here and there. You didn't even greet me.” Mark asks.
 
“Did you come alone?” I finally stop searching and standing in front of the couple.
 
“Y…yes…” Mark says, hesitantly.
 
“Why, hyung?” Jackson asks me. I sigh as I sit across them.
 
“I thought you came with Youngjae.” I pout. They laugh.
 
“Chill, maaannn… you really miss him…” Jackson’s laugh dies down. I nod sadly.
 
“Youngjae said that he missed you too and can’t wait for the wedding.” Mark informs me and this getting me eager.
 
“He did?” I ask him cheerfully. They laugh.
 
“Aww~ Our Jaebum hyung is really in love with his baby boyfriend. He even made a cute face now.” Jackson teases me. I glare at him when Mark laughs hard.
 
“You kind a remind me of him, JB. Believe me, just one day I stay with him, I want to protect him from the world’s craziness. He is so bubbly and cute...” Mark says before Jackson glares at him and me, tickling him.
 
“You… owe… an… explanation… Mark!” Jackson says.
 
“Alright. Alright. Let me sit properly, Mandu.”
 
“Mandu?” I ask, frowning.
 
“Yes. His nickname is Mandu.” Mark states.
 
“And he is Dimsum.” Jackson states. They both stare at each other before laughing.
 
“Oh, please…” I sigh.
 
“Hey, Mark. Tell me. Jaebum hyung told me about your fight seven years ago and that you had feeling for Youngjae. I thought that you only had feeling for Jinyoung.” Jackson sounds so impatient.
 
“Well… yeah… kind of.” Mark answers, trailing his reply.
 
“Kind of?” Jackson asks, frowning.
 
“I used to love Jinyoung and like Youngjae, Jackson. Believe me, Youngjae’s blubby personality dragged me in to him. I only realized my feeling when he was far gone. I felt empty without his charming an encanted smile and laugh. You know, I wasn’t really good with talking, but with Youngjae, I talked so much.
 
But, I assure both of you, now… I don’t have any feelings for him. Sure, I used to love him, but not anymore, because I found the love of my life. And I love Youngjae as a brother. And I want to protect him as the hyung. Don’t worry, Jae. I’ll behave. I also don’t want any harm at Youngjae. He is my precious little brother.” Mark chuckles.
 
“Believe me, Jack?” Mark asks Jackson who stares hard at him.
 
“I do believe you.”
 
“Does Youngjae know about this?” I ask him. He nods.
 
“We talked a lot yesterday. And he is so cool about it. He even said that he was aware of my feelings, that’s kind a giving him more reasons to disappear seven years ago. He didn’t want to creat any chaos in our friendship. He said that.” I smile like an idiot. I know that Youngjae is younger than me, but sometimes he is the one who thinks maturely. I am kind a proud of him, a lot.
 
I nod in understanding, “By the way, where is he? What are you doing here?” Finally I get the chance to ask this.
 
“The headmaster called him and he went to school. I drop him off to school and missing Jackson. So, I come. I am bored in the home alone, Jae.” he replies. I nod and drown in my own thoughts about Youngjae and the wedding while Jackson and Mark is playing lovey-dovey on the couch. I try to ignore them, but can’t. So, I take a walk to the terrace and open my phone to look at Youngjae’s picture and Yugyeom. I miss them.
 
Hey, they only banned me to meet Youngjae, not Yugyeom. Why don’t I go to see him?
 
But that thought immediately flies away as I get a message about my appointment with Minjun Hyung and Fei Noona.
 
From: Minjunie hyung
I’ll be there soon, Jaebum-ah. You better get ready.
 
I smile upon seeing his message. It’s been a long time. Last time, I only met Fei Noona and their baby, Jonghyun. Jonghyun! That’s it.
I immediately type a reply.
 
To: Minjunie Hyung
Do you come with Fei Noona and Jonghyun, hyung?
 
A single tone.
 
From: Fei Noona
Jaebum-ah… your hyung is driving. Yes, he is coming with me and Jonghyun. We’ll be there soon. :)
 
I reply to her.
 
To: Fei Noona
Oh, I am sorry, Noona. Come soon~ I can’t wait. Drive safely. :)
 
I will get the chance to see Yugyeom. Yugyeom loves Jonghyun so much that I bet he will successful convincing Jinyoung to bring him here. I grin wide at my plan. At least, I will see my baby boy again.
 

 

Minjun hyung and Fei Noona arrives exactly at 1 pm. They bring so many foods that I and Mark and Jackson eat right away. We starve our stomach because three of us are so laze to make food. They keep teasing me that I only cook when Youngjae is around. I admit it. It’s different though. I really like cooking, and since Youngjae and Yugyeom are around me, I got so many strengths and become a diligent person once again. 
 
It is when Jonghyun asking about Yugyeom that I snap from my thoughts.
 
“Oh, yes. Yugyeom is staying with Jinyoung and Bambam now. Do you miss him, Jonghyun-ah?” I softly ask him. We told Fei Noona and Minjun Hyung about the separation and they said that it must be hard. Yes, it’s hard to hell, but I know that if Youngjae is around, I can’t get any practice for my present.
 
Jonghyun nods repeatedly. “He keeps asking about Yugyeom since the last time we met, Jaebum-ah.” Fei noona informs me.
 
“I will call him.” I say as I feel a glare from the duo.
 
“What?” I frown. “You only banned me for having communication with Youngjae, not Yugyeom. I will call my baby.” I sternly say before they chuckle.
 
“What?” I ask again, confused.
 
“Nothing, hyung. Let’s call Jinyoung. I have so many words for him.” Jackson says.
 
“Yeah, me too. Let's do video call!” Mark joins. I look at both of them before dialing Jinyoung’s number.
 
“Hyung? Can you stop bothering me with your call and message? Yugyeom is fine!” Jinyoung immediately says as soon as the phone connected. He looks so tired. We have a video call.
 
“Yah! Jinyoung-ah… pays respect to your hyung!” I say a bit offended.
 
“Sorry hyung, but…” his words are cut by Jackson.
 
“Yah, Jinyoung-ah… so you experience it too, huh? Look who was the one who came up with this idea of banned communication for 2Jae? Mark and I are dying with bunch of tons messages from both of them. They didn’t communicate directly, but thru us! You hear me?
 
Youngjae is bothering me asking about Jaebum hyung. And Jaebum hyung is bothering my Mark asking about Youngjae. They drive us crazy! You, Park Jinyoung!” Jackson snaps.
 
“2Jae?” I ask.
 
“2Jae is you, JAEbum and YoungJAE.” Mark answers for me.
 
“That’s riddiculus.” I mumble before darting my eyes to the video of Jinyoung.
 
“Yah! You must say grateful because only ONE PERSON bothering you. Meanwhile, I HAVE TWO PERSONS BOTHERING ME. You hear me, Wang JACKSON?!” Jinyoung snaps back. I sigh. I need this phone call to tell Yugyeom about Jonghyun, but it becomes a mess.
 
“Look. When I first came up with the idea, I didn’t know it would be this bad. I am sorry.” Jinyoung apologize and Mark and Jackson can’t stand mad at him. To be honest, none of them are mad, they just exaggerating the tone and action.
 
“Jinyoung-ah… is Yugyeom with you?” I finally get the chance to ask.
 
“Yes. He is playing with Bambam and Jimin now.”
 
“Where is Yerin?” Mark cuts me. I sigh.
 
“She is with me, reading a book.” The phone swings around, facing Yerin.
 
“Yerin-ah… It’s Uncle Mark. Say hi.” Jinyoung’s voice says.
 
“Oh, Uncle Mark. Hi~. I miss you.” Yerin grins wide, saying her greeting in English.
 
“I miss you too.” Mark replies to her in English back. I sigh, taking the phone again.
 
“Yerin-ah… can you call Yugyeom. Tell him that I need to tell him something.” I bring the phone out of their reach, to Fei noona and Minjun hyung who play piano with little Jonghyun. 
 
In no time, Yugyeom’s face appears. I miss him so much. He smiles so wide, “Appa! Appa! Appa! How are you?”
 
“I am fine, baby. How are you? I miss you so much.” I stare hard at him longingly.
 
“I am fine, Appa. I miss you too.” He gives a kiss’ face to me. I return it.
 
“I want to hug you and daddy, Appa.” He sadly says.
 
“I want to hug you and daddy also, baby. Did you sleep well last night?” he shakes his head.
 
“No. I couldn’t sleep because I miss daddy. You are right, Appa. I couldn’t sleep without daddy. But, Uncle Bambam was staying close to me all night until I fell asleep.”
 
“Oh, really?” he nods eagerly.
 
“Uncle Bambam is so kind to me and he is funny, Appa. But, Uncle Jinyoung likes to make fun of me. But, but, I defeated him, Appa. I won!” he says cheerfully, a fist to the air.
 
“Great job, baby!” I compliment him. “By the way, Jonghyun visits Appa’s house now. He is here now and he said that he miss you, baby. Here…” I bring the phone to Jonghyun who immediately smile wide while excitedly shouts, “Hyung! Yugyeomie hyung! Jonghyun… Jonghyun is here… with Uncle Jaebum… Hyunie misses hyung…” Jonghyun excitedly look at the phone as if he wants to eat it.
 
“Jonghyunieeee!!!! Hyung miss you too, so much so much. Uncle Bambam! Can we go to Appa’s home? I want to meet Jonghyunie. He said he want to see me. Uncle Jinyoung!!” I can hear Yugyeom’s voice thru the shaking camera. I know that Yugyeom is running around here and there. 
 
And the phone back to Jinyoung, he lets a sigh before saying, “Your baby has so much strength, hyung. I can’t even…” he pauses, letting a sigh again. “I will bring him there.” Jinyoung lastly says. I smile wide. My plan is success.
 
The next time, I am waiting for Yugyeom, Minjun hyung helps me a lot with my song. He is song-writer and I really look up at him. His passion about music is the same as me and Youngjae. We all love music.
 
“You’ve done great, Jaebum-ah. Here. In this part, it will be more touching if you add something like this…" He hits the piano and sings randomly. 
 
… I just wanna stay like this so don’t leave me
Whatever hardships there are
With you, I can fight through them all…
 
I look at him in awe, so do Mark and Jackson.
“Hyung! You are really awesome!” Jackson compliments him, raising two thumbs up. Minjun hyung laughs hard, “Thanks, Jackson-ah…”
 
“Oh, and for the rap part… do it like you used to talk to him. I think it will be more touching.” Minjun hyung adds. I nod eagerly as I repeat his lesson with the piano.
 
Fei noona and Jonghyun clap for me when I finish the song.
 
“You will do great, Jaebum-ah. Daebak! Youngjae will like it. It’s such a sweet song.” She compliments me.
 
“Of course. He is my dongsaeng. You’ve really done great, Jaebum-ah. Keep practicing and you will be fine on your wedding day. It’s such a great present.”
 
“Thank you, hyung… noona. By the way, Yugyeom will come here.” I grin wide. Jackson and Mark pat my shoulder, giving me a bone-crushing hug.
 
“Youngjae will be touched by your song. Seriously.” Mark says seriously. I scratch my head, smile sheepishly to him.
 
“Thanks, Mark. Uhm… by the way… does Youngjae prepare something?” I ask out of the blue, can’t really control my curiousity.
 
Mark chuckles before answering, “Yes. He does. You will know later.”
 
“What does he prepare?” I ask again.
 
“Hey, it’s secret, you know.” he simply answers.
 
“But, you know my present for him.” I frown.
 
“And I won’t tell him. Promise! It will be a secret until your wedding day!” Mark promises me.
 
Then, the bell ring repeatedly. It must be Yugyeom. I jump from the seat and running towards the door to find Yugyeom and Jinyoung standing there.
 
“APPA!” He exclaims, throwing his body to me as I open my arms.
 
“Baby! I miss you!” I exclaim cheerfully too.
 
“I miss you. I miss you too, Appa. Appa… Appa…” he hugs me tight. I hold him up as he kisses my cheek. I laugh.
 
“Thanks for bringing him here, Jinyoung-ah…” I thank Jinyoung who immediately plop his body as he greet Minjun hyung and Fei noona. I put Yugyeom down.
 
“Jonghyun!” Yugyeom shouts out loud as he running towards Jonghyun. They hug for a moment before Yugyeom takes Jonghyun’s hand to play.
 
“Baby… play safe, okay?” I remind him. He nods, raising an ok sign. When we are adult talking in the living room, both of them are immersed in their own world.
 
“Since he met Jonghyun, Yugyeom keeps asking me about how he wants a little brother.” I tell them.
 
“I think Yugyeom will be a good hyung for his little brother later, Jaebum-ah.” Fei noona says. 
 
“I know it, noona. But, I can’t take any risk of losing Youngjae.” I tell them about my concern.
 
“So, Youngjae can get pregnant again, hyung?” Jackson asks as I nod.
 
“Khun hyung said that there always be a chance for Youngjae to pregnant since his uterus is fine. But, it will be difficult. Men’s pregnancy isn’t something in common. And I even don’t know how Youngjae survived thru his pregnancy. I mean… we know how our culture is like, right. And beside, Khun hyung said that it will be too risk having Youngjae pregnant. However, it depends on Youngjae.”
 
“Have you talked with Youngjae?” Minjun hyung asks. I shake my head, “We never really talk about it since Yugyeom told us his wish.”
 
“Youngjae told me.” Mark suddenly says, making us looking at him.
 
“What?”
 
“Youngjae told me. He loves Yugyeom so much and doesn’t want to disappoint him. So, I guess, he will talk about it with you sooner, JB. And about how he survived last pregnancy… uhm… well… so, yesterday, when I search for some clothes, I found a wig in Youngjae’s closet. He told me that he used that wig when he pregnant because the only one who knows that he was a man who got pregnant was Nichkhun. He was afraid of how the community would judge him, so it’s safer to disguise him self as a woman with a wig.” I look at him in disbelief since Youngjae never say this thing.
 
“I said before that I and Youngjae talked a lot yesterday, right?” Mark feels offended. I nod.
 
“I don’t know the whole story.” I mumble, a little bit sad.
 
“Hey, JB. Do you want to hear my opinion?” Mark asks me. I look at him briefly before nodding.
 
“When I talked with Youngjae, I can feel his suffer, but I can tell you for sure that he was so happy to have Yugyeom. You will believe me if you watched his expression when he told me about the hardship he faced. Even though he told about the hardship for having Yugyeom, he had a bright expression. And there I know that he will be fine if he… maybe… have to pregnant again. He was alone last time. But, he will be fine now since he got you and Yugyeom by his side.” Mark says. I listen to him seriously.
 
“And he got us too, hyung. Youngjae won’t be alone.” Jinyoung adds. I look at him who smile wide.
 
“Plus… I think Youngjae really consider Yugyeom’s wish. He doesn’t have any heart to break his baby’s wish, Jae.” I nod as I look at Yugyeom who plays happily with Jonghyun.
 
“Jaebum-ah… you hear us. And now, don’t worry about it so much. Just talk with Youngjae about this matter. Whatever you guys decide, we will support you and we will always be there for you, Jae. Don’t worry. Nothing to be scared of.” Minjun hyung assure me as he takes my hands. I smile at him, got a little teary eyes.
 
After a while of talking about random things, I don’t even pay attention to the time as Mark said his goodbye because he needs to pick up Youngjae from school. I am a little bit sad because it should have be me who pick him up. But, they cheer for me and again, saying that it’s just two days more before the wedding. D-2.
 
And soon, after Mark is gone, Minjun hyung and Fei noona say their goodbye too with Jonghyun. Yugyeom immediately feels sad. So, it is just me, Yugyeom, Jinyoung, and Jackson.
 
“Hey… I thought about paying visit to Youngjae’s mother’s grave tomorrow and I kind a plan to take Yugyeom.” I casually say, praying to God that they will grant my wish to spend time with Yugyeom.
 
“My grandmother, Appa?” Yugyeom cutely asks as I nod.
 
“Yes, your grandmother. I bet she really wants to meet you, baby. How?”
 
He nods eagerly. “I want, Appa! I want to see her!”
 
“You can’t see her, baby… because she is long gone to the heaven, but we will visit her to say our pray for her happiness and to introduce you. Daddy said that you never been there before, right?” 
 
Yugyeom nods.
 
“I think because Youngjae doesn’t want to be sad.” I mumble, but Yugyeom cathced it.
 
“Why is daddy going to be sad about, Appa?” he looks at me curious.
 
“Because daddy loves your grandmother so much.”
 
“Just like daddy loves me?”
 
“Yes. He loves you and he loves grandma.”
 
“And he loves you too, Appa.” He grins widely. I always amused by his words. I pull him in to a hug.
 
“Hey, Yugyeom… it’s time to go.” Jinyoung reminds him. Yugyeom looks sad now.
 
“Uncle, can I… uhm… can I stay with Appa? I… I don’t want to bother Uncle Bambam again because I cried last night. I… I want to sleep with Appa, Uncle. Please?” he begs Jinyoung and it makes my heart hurt.
 
“But, you still have…”
 
“Jinyoung, let him stay, please… don’t go too strict with him. He is my baby and I don’t want to see him sad.” I cut Jinyoung’s words. off with this separation. Yugyeom needs me and I will fight for it.
 
Jinyoung let a sigh, sensing my hidden anger, “Yes, you can, Gyeom. So, uhm… since Bambam keeps messaging me, I guess I have to go now.” Yugyeom is s happy that he begins dancing around.
 
“I am sorry, Jinyoung-ah. I am not mad at you, okay?” I apologize.
 
“No, hyung. It’s fine. You are his Appa and I know that Yugyeom feels safe around you and Youngjae. I understand, hyung. I will text Youngjae that Yugyeom stay with you.” he says before bidding a goodbye. Then, Jinyoung leaves us.
 
“Hyung?”
 
“Hm?” I forget that Jackson is still here.
 
“I will go to the mart first. Do you need anything?”
 
“Uhm… I don’t need any. Just buy some snacks for Yugyeom.”
 
“Okay. I will buy dinner too.” He says as he takes his keys and dashing off.
 
Now, it’s just me and Yugyeom again. And at the time like this, I miss Youngjae more.
 
“Appa?” he calls me as we cuddle on the couch. He said that he was tired, so I let him to rest, but he insisted that he wanted me to hug him.
 
“Yes, baby?”
 
“I miss daddy.” He looks up at me. I grab his hand, “I miss him too. We will see him soon, baby. Don’t worry.” I assure him. He nods, playing with the ring on my finger. This scene kind of reminds me about my first time meeting Yugyeom in the mall. I hug him tighter as the familiar and emotional scene keeps replaying in my head.
 
“Appa…” he calls me again.
 
“Yes, baby?” I answer him, still with closed eyes.
 
“I love your hug, Appa. Just like daddy’s. It makes me calm.” He says. I can feel his gaze at me, but I don’t open my eyes.
 
“Daddy is your mom and I am your dad. We both are your parents, we will protect you, baby.” He nods.
 
“You will protect my little brother too, right, Appa?” he asks again.
 
I defeated. I open my eyes to look him at the eyes. “Yes, baby. I will protect him also.”
 
“So, you will give me little brother, Appa?” I look at him confused. I feel like he is really wanting to talk about this matter now.
 
“Hey, baby… did something happen?” I ask him, concern.
 
He shakes his head, “It’s just that everytime I met Jonghyun, I really wish I had a little brother like him, Appa.” He pauses.
 
“Yesterday I talked with Mommy… he said that he want to grant my wish and he will talk about it with you.” he pauses again, this time because of giggling. I stare confusedly at him, “What’s so funny?”
 
“Uhm… I think I really will call daddy as mommy, Appa. It slips a lot. I think he doesn’t mind because I called him mommy yesterday.” He chuckles again. I join him.
 
“I love you.” he kiss me, I look at him smiling so bright, just like Youngjae. I caress his cheek with the thumb of mine, “I love you too, baby. So much.” I pull him closer as he rested his head on my chest. I wrap him tightly, giving the warmest hug for him and sing him a lullaby, just like Youngjae.
 
“Sleep, baby… I will wake you up for dinner later.” Then, we continue to cuddle till sleep… until Jackson comes home and wakes us up to eat the dinner.
 

AN: So, that's it. Enjoy!

The wedding will be in the next chapter. :)

And thanks for the 101 subscribers! Love you all <3 <3 <3