Before The Day

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 19- 


 

Sun shining brightly and warming the whole room of mine. It’s D-1 before the wedding. I blink a few times before yawning and take a good look of Yugyeom who sleep in my arms. I hope he sleeps well because last night I could hear some random words from Yugyeom.

 

I hear a light knock on my door before Jackson peeking out his head in.

 

“Hyung, sorry to disturb you. Are you awake?” he asks before walking in to the room.

 

“Yes. Why, Jackson-ah?” I ask him as he stand on the edge of my bed. I feel Yugyeom shifts a bit. I tuck him to sleep again.

 

“Your father called me and saying that he is on his way to here. Probably in the plane now.” He informs me in which I nod. Last night I had a phone call with him.

 

“Yeah. I know. I told him that I will go to visit Youngjae’s parent’s graves. He said he will join us and we have to wait for him.” I say as I rub my eyes with my free hand. I feel Yugyeom shifts again, mumbling, “Mom…my…” Jackson and I exchange a glance. I let a sigh. He really misses Youngjae.

 

“Uhm… I will try to make breakfast, hyung.” Jackson says as he walks out from the room.

 

“Yah! Try not to make a mess with my kitchen!” I shout at him before chuckling.

 

“Appa?” I shock for a bit hearing Yugyeom’s voice. I look at him who blinks a few times to adjust his eyes.

 

“Oh, you are awake, baby? Did I wake you?” I ask as I hug him again. He shakes his head and burying his head deeper in my embrace.

 

“I am still sleepy, Appa.” He mumbles. I chuckle a bit, patting his back, “Then, sleep again, baby…”

 

He shakes his head again, “No, Appa. We have to wake up. You said that we will visit grandma today.” He says, lifting his head a bit. I look down at him.

 

“Yes, we will visit her, but we have to wait for grandpa. He is on the plane to here now. He wants to visit grandma too, baby.” I smile at him, ruffling his hair. He looks at me cutely, nodding his head.

 

“Grandpa will come? When?” His eyes shine.

 

“Soon.” I reply him. He abruptly gets up, leaving me dumbfounded.

 

“Appa! Let’s get ready now! I miss grandpa!” he excitedly says, no sign of sleepiness anymore.

 

I laugh at him before tackling him down to the bed again, he whines loudly, “Appaaaa~ let go of me… I want to see grandpa and grandma…”

 

“No. Appa is still sleepy. Let’s sleep more.” I , faking a yawn. He pouts, hitting me in my arms, “Appaaaa~ don’t sleep again… come on! Sun is up highly. Come on~” he whine, trying to get off of my tight embrace. I pretend to sleep, snoring.

 

“Appa~ Appa~ Appa~” he keeps calling me, poking my cheeks.

 

“Huft. Appa really loves sleep, just like mommy.” I can sense his pout now and I can’t hold my laugh any longer as I burst in to laugh.

 

He keeps hitting me, “Appa is bad… pretending to sleep. Yugyeomie knows it.” he gives me a tongue as he get up and run out from the room.

 

“Yugyeomie need to go to the bathroom, Appa!” he shouts out loud, making me chuckle. Today is better than yesterday, definitely.

 

I walk out to the kitchen to find Jackson happily whistles as he cooks something.

 

“What are you cooking?” I sneak to stand beside him, making him jump in surprise, “Oh, Hyung! You shocked me!”

 

I laugh. “What are you making?” I ask again as I look at the pan on the stove.

 

“Kimchi Bokkumbab,” he answers, grinning wide.

 

“Seems promising.” I simply comment as I walk back and sit in the dining table.

 

“Appa?!” Yugyeom calls me.

 

“Here, baby! In the kitchen!” I shout, answering him. Yugyeom runs to me. I quickly pick him up to sit on my lap.

 

“Uncle Jackson is cooking?” he asks in disbelief as Jackson serves the “Kimchi Bokkumbab”.

 

“Yes, kid. I cooked. And you… eat.” Jackson sternly says, making me and Yugyeom giggle.

 

“What’s so funny?” he asks.

 

“You, Uncle. You are weird as usual. Anyway, thanks for the food. I will eat it.” Yugyeom excitedly says as I put him on the chair next to me.

 

“Do you want me to feed you, baby?” I ask because Youngjae always feed him. To my surprise, he shakes his head, “I will eat by myself, Appa.” He munches his food.

 

“I shall be a big boy if I want to have little brother. I have to stand independent. Right, Appa?” his words left me and Jackson in surprise.

 

“Hey, kid. Where did you pick those lines from?” Jackson asks him.

 

Yugyeom looks at me confusedly, “Huh? What did Uncle Jackson say, Appa?”

 

“He asked you where did you get those kind of words, baby? Stand independent isn’t a common words to be said by a kid like you, baby.” I explain to him slowly. He nods.

 

“Uncle Jinyoung teach me those words.” He simply answers.

 

“Really? That Jinyoung! Now, you sound like him, Gyeom-ah…” Jackson mocks him, making Yugyeom pouts.

 

“Jackson-ah…” I scold him.

 

“Woops… sorry.” He grins before continue eating.

 

“Is there something wrong with my words, Appa?” he asks me sadly.

 

I sigh, “No, baby. Your words are right. But, those weren’t words that said by little kid like you, baby. Most of the kids don’t know how to say it properly or even probably don’t know that those words exist. But, since you use it, then you are my smart boy. You can use those words, baby. Those aren’t bad words.” I smile to him.

 

He nods eagerly, “Now, I am feeling better.” Then we eat calmly.

 

“Appa?”

 

“Yes, baby?” We finished our foods and I am washing the dishes because Jackson has cooked for us. Yugyeom is standing beside me, helping me drying the wet dishes. He really surprises me a lot this morning since he insisted he wants to help me because that’s what a big boy does. I chuckle a lot, slowly getting use to the change of Yugyeom’s words. I guess Jinyoung is infected my baby in one day. I sigh.

 

“After this, can we shower, Appa?” he looks at me hopefully. I meet eyes with him.

 

“… but big boy can shower by himself, right?” I ask him. He nods, shoving his head down.

 

“Why, baby?” I ask him as he mumbles something.

 

“I want to shower with you, Appa. Your bathroom has a bathtub and I don’t want to shower alone.” He sadly says. For a moment of silence, I think a lot what makes Yugyeom this sad. Then, it hits me. Youngjae used to say that Yugyeom almost drown in the bathtub. That must be it.

 

I finish washing the dishes as I take the last glass from his little hands and pick him up, “Let’s shower now, baby.” I softly say, kissing his cheek. He looks at me brightly, nodding his head repeatedly.

 

“Thank you, Appa.” He mumbles against my neck as he clings on to me.

 

“No need to say thanks, baby. I am always here for you.” I pat his back.


 

My father arrived at home around two hours later and Yugyeom immediately clings to him, stick to him like glue. He stays for a while to rest his body a bit before we are heading to the graveyard. Jackson is driving, while I sit beside him on the passenger’s seat next to the driver and Yugyeom sits with my dad at the back seat.

 

We talked a lot. Well… more like Yugyeom told him so many things since they didn’t meet for a long time. Yugyeom told him about Yerin and Jimin, then he gets teased by Jackson.

 

He also told my dad about the dance class and Jonghyun and how much he wants a baby brother. I exchange gaze with my dad thru the mirror. He smiles gently at me while I return his smile. I know that smile means something.

 

We arrive at the graveyard to find Youngjae and Mark standing too close for my like. Mark has his hand around Youngjae’s shaken shoulder. I think Youngjae is crying. Jackson is about to hold me, but Yugyeom is running towards them.

 

“Mommy~ Mommy!!” Yugyeom shouts out loud, making Youngjae and Mark look towards him then us. I walk slowly to them.

 

Youngjae hugs Yugyeom tightly and hold him up. I walk towards him a little bit faster almost running. In this distance, I can clearly see his glistening cheeks. He is really crying.

 

“I miss you, mommy. I miss you so much. Yugyeomie couldn’t sleep well without mommy…” Yugyeom whines as he keeps clinging on to Youngjae. I stand in front of them, don’t really know what to do.

 

“I miss you too, baby… I miss you so much.” Youngjae rains him with kisses before he looks at me.

 

“Hyung?” he calls me. I just smile at him like an idiot.

 

“Why do you stand so far away from me? Come here… I miss you.” he reaches out his hand for me to hold. I take his hand and walk closer, wrapping my arms around my two precious persons. I can feel Mark, Jackson, and my dad’s gaze at us, but I ignore them as I hug Yugyeom and Youngjae tightly.

 

“I come here to visit your parents, Jae, before our wedding tomorrow.” I say after we pull away.

 

“Is this grandma, Appa?” Yugyeom cutely asks. I take his hand and enter winded it with mine, “Yes, baby. This is grandma and that is grandpa.”

 

“Annyeonghaseyo, grandma… grandpa… I am Yugyeom, Im Yugyeom, son of Choi Youngjae and Im Jaebum. Yugyeomie would like to see you, grandma, grandpa, but I can’t and I am sad. Yugyeomie promises to be a good boy, a good big boy because I will have a little brother, grandma, grandpa.

 

Appa said that you live well in the heaven. If you meet God, tell him that I want a little brother and I will be a good hyung for my dongsaeng later. Okay, grandma, grandpa? I love you so much. And… and… I will protect mommy and Appa too.”

 

I smile upon hearing Yugyeom’s words. I feel a light tap on my shoulder and I look at my father who smiles.

 

“Jinhyuk-ah… Hyujeong-ah… It’s me… Jaehyung. It’s been a long time since my last visit, right? I come here with my boy, Jaebum, who supposed to married with your own son, Youngjae. And with our precious grandson, Yugyeom. I wish you were here with me to watch Youngjae and Jaebum tie a knot tomorrow. I know that both of you will send them your blessing from heaven. I hope you do well there.

 

It’s such a shame that kind persons like you both are gone too early. But, don’t worry I will take care of Youngjae well. He will be my son-in-law and we finally will be a family, just like you used to said, Jinhyuk-ah. Don’t worry. Don’t worry. We will take a good care of Youngjae and Yugyeom. I love him so much. And I love both of you too.” My dad finishes his greetings. It’s time for me to say mine.

 

“Eomma… Appa… it’s me again, Jaebum. Last time I visited you was five years ago. I remember that day when I cried myself out of my longing for Youngjae. I am sorry if that time I said something bad and crying hard. But, now, I am standing in front of both of you again to say that I will marry Youngjae tomorrow. I don’t have so much to say, Appa, Eomma. I promise to be a good husband for him and I will take care of him well.

 

And here, I bring Yugyeom, my own son with Youngjae. He is such a cute and smart kid, Eomma. He resembles Youngjae so much. And I love both of them so much. They are my world and I will protect them from the world’s craziness. I wish you were here to give us your blessing directly, but… it’s okay, because I know that you already accept me. I will take care of Youngjae well. I promise.” I finish it with so much difficult. Youngjae takes my other hand and resting his head on my shoulder.

 

“I am glad, hyung. I love you so much.” He whispers softly to my ears. We stay there for a while.

 

“Yugyeom-ah… have you done? Come with grandpa… let’s get ice cream there.” My dad says Yugyeom who immediately stand close to him.

 

“Can I have the chocolate flavor, grandpa?” Yugyeom asks as my dad picks him up. My dad chuckles before nodding, “Of course you can. You also can order the big size.”

 

“Yes! I will order the biggest, grandpa, because I am a big boy.” Yugyeom exclaims excitedly as I see they walk away together. I smile upon seeing this beautiful moment.

 

I feel Youngjae tugs my shirt, “What, baby?” Youngjae doesn’t answer me, he only pointing with his head to the direction where Mark and Jackson stand, literally kissing each other. I gasp due to shock.

 

“Hey, you-” I want to scold them because they kiss in the graveyard, moreover in front of Youngjae’s parents’ graveyard.

 

“Hyung… No. Let them.” he sternly glare at me.

 

“But, Jae… they…”

 

“Ssshhh…” Youngjae shushes me, walking closer to me, leaving no gap between us as he encircle his arms around my neck. I look at him confusedly.

 

He chuckles a little before tilting his head, “You know… I miss you so much, hyung.” he simply says. Before I can answer him, I already have his lips on mine, kissing me sweetly. I slowly wrap him in my embrace, pulling him closer. I kiss him back, sweeter and sweeter and sweeter until it turns me on when I hear Youngjae moans.

 

“Hyung?” he calls me between the kiss in which I hum against his lips. He pulls away a little, but I can still feel his lips on mine. He smiles widely before pulling away to whisper right in to my left ear, “I want a baby.” He states softly before nibbling my earlobe, making me shivering.

 

I pull him away from me, still having him in my embrace though. I look at him sternly as I see something in Youngjae’s eyes that I can’t describe.

 

“Youngjae-ah…” his name slips my mouth.

 

“I want a baby, hyung.” he looks at me too. We exchange an intense gaze.

 

“You?” I can’t find a word.

 

“Do you remember, that it was exactly after our visit to my parents’ graveyard that we made Yugyeom? So, I want to repeat it again. I want a baby, hyung.” he states again softly, more like a whisper.

 

“I… I…” before I can complete my sentence, Jackson and Mark already call us.


 

AN: Hi, it's me again. Sorry for the late update.

I will try to double update, so you can expect another chapter here. Kkkk~

Thanks for the 5000 views. You guys are amazing T_T

 

Till the next update. And please tell me about this little chapter ^^9

Thank you. :))