The Story of Im Brothers Pt. 1

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 33-

[MOMMY'S LOVE] 


 

Hello, everyone… I am Yugyeom. Im Yugyeom. Son of Im Jaebum and Choi Youngjae. You probably had known half of my life from the story of my Appa. But, now… I and my baby brother, Im Jaehyung, will take over this story. The story you’ll read is in my point of view and my brother’s.
 
~OOO~
 
The season changes again. From the hot summer to the chill autumn to the freeze winter to the breezy spring to the hot summer again and to the rainy chilly autumn. It’s in the middle of autmn, but the wheather seems like going to change to winter in just blink of eyes. Even the wind blows so freezingly cold and the rain that falling from last night until now just double the freezing wheather.
 
“Baby… Yugyeom-ah… Wake up. You have to go to school.” Mommy’s soft voice slowly ringing to my ear with a faint knock on the door.
 
“I am up, Mom!” I mumble. I slowly lift my body and rub my eyes, but I still hear some knocking on my door. I guess mommy didn’t hear my answer.
 
I let a loud yawn and stand up, stretching my body and take a glimpse of Jaehyung who sleeps on his bed beside mine. He frowns. I ignore him before going out to greet my mom.
 
“Glad that you are awake! Good morning!” he pecks my cheek just out of habit. Even though I am already 15, mommy and Appa still have their old habit to kiss us every morning and night. I don’t complaint though because that’s just the way they show their love to us.
 
I sratch my hair and yawn loud again, smiling at him sleepily, “Good morning, mom.”
 
“Yugyeom-ah…” he says my name in different tone. I finally open my eyes awake, “Yes, mom?”
 
“I have to accompany your Appa to his business trip. Just for two days. But, I am a bit hesitant to leave you and Jaehyung alone.” His voice is evident how much he worries about us.
 
I chuckle, sometimes mommy is just so cute. “Yeah, I know. Appa told me last night.”
 
“He did?”
 
I nod, “Yes, mom. It’s okay. You can go. I promise to take care of Jaejae until you’re back.”
 
“Well… it’s just two days. Tomorrow I will be back.”
 
“I know. So, don’t worry. We will be fine, mom. You can go.” I assure him.
 
“I know that I can depend on you, baby.” He caresses my cheeks as he tilt his head to look at Jaehyung inside the room.
 
“Your brother is still sleeping?” he asks.
 
“Yes. I think he is a bit tired, still adjusting with his days in school.” I say.
 
“Okay. I already make breakfast. So, hurry up and wake your brother, okay? I’ll meet you two in downstairs.”
 
“Okay, mom.” I watch as he leaves our room to talk to Appa.
 
I close the door, stretch my body again. I take the towel and walk closer to Jaehyung’s bed to wake him up before taking shower. Surprisingly enough, Jaehyung has been awake.
 
“You’re awake, Jae?” I ask in amused.
 
He nods weakly and smiles faintly, “Will mommy go somewhere, hyung?”
 
I nod and notice his weak voice, “Yes, he will accompany Appa for business trip today and will be back tomorrow. Why?”
 
He shakes his head and closed his eyes again. I put my hand on his forehead and feel the warm from him. “Are you sick?” I ask worriedly as I sit beside him.
 
“No, hyung. I just feel a bit dizzy, but I am okay. Don’t tell them, please. If you said that I have fever, they won’t go anywhere. Please, hyung… you know how important this business trip for Appa, right?” he says, asking me for hiding his sickness. I think for a while as he keeps muttering ‘please, hyung’. 
 
“Okay, I won’t tell them. But, they will be suspicious if you won’t wake up from your bed and meet them downstairs. They will go after breakfast.”
 
“I know. Hyung, you can take shower first. I need some more time to rest.” He says. 
 
I nods and once again put my hand on his forehead, “You should just rest at home, Jae. Don’t go to school.” I get no respond from him, so I walk to the bathroom.
 
After I finish my shower and put my uniform on, I wake Jaehyung up again. And he walks to the bathroom limply. I can’t help but feel worry over him, but I’ve promise him. I wonder if I did right.
 
We meet our parents in the dining room and Jaehyung is really trying to cover up his sickness as he tries to act natural. If you ask me, he is a bit exaggerating. 
 
“Appa! Mommy! Good moring!” he greets them happily like always as he enters the room and plop his body on the seat across mommy.
 
“Hello… morning, baby…” mommy greets him as he serves our breakfast. I notice the big luggage beside the table.
 
“Good morning, Appa.” I say, kiss his cheek and sit across him. 
 
“Where is my morning kiss, Jae?” Appa asks him. Jaehyung flusteres a bit before smiling, “I won’t give you one, Appa. I am seventh now.”
 
“And so what’s the deal about seventh years old? You are still my baby. And your hyung gave me one. Come on, baby… you know that Appa and Mommy will go for business trip, right?” Appa says. Jaehyung seems a bit hesitant.
 
“Okay, I will give you one, Appa.” He stands from the seat to plant a little kiss on Appa’s cheek. I know that he hopes Appa didn’t notice his body heat.
 
“What about the hug?” Appa asks again.
 
“Uuughh… mommy… why is Appa so demanding today?” Jaehyung whines cutely at mommy. We laugh as usual.
 
“I know, baby. He keeps talking about this business trip and how we must leave you two alone.” Mommy says as he takes a sit beside Appa.
 
We begin to eat. Jaehyung is a bit talkactive this morning, just because he wants to make sure Mommy and Appa won’t notice his sickess. I let a sigh and Appa catches it like usual.
 
“What’s with the sigh, Yugyeom-ah?” he asks. I feel a bit offended as I immediately look at Jaehyung. I feel Jaehyung kicks me under the table.
 
“Nothing, Appa. It’s just… I think today will be extra tired because I have basketball practice.” I lie a bit. It’s true that I have basketball practice, but not for that I sighed.
 
“Hey, it’s still morning. You have to be cheerful, baby. Fighting!” mommy cheers me up.
 
“Yes, hyung. You will do great like always! And and… you will be taller again and again. I promise to be as tall as you.” Jaehyung adds with his signature cute chuckle.
 
“Oh, my… we should leave now or we will be late for our plane, honey.” Appa says as fast as he finishes his food.
 
“Now?” mommy asks him, following him to eat fast.
 
“I will company you to the door, Appa.” Jaehyung stands from the seat and freeze a bit. I catch Mommy’s eyes looks at him worriedly.
 
“We will be fine, mom. I will take care of him.” I assure him. He nods and we company Appa and Mommy to the door.
 
“I am sorry I can’t take you to school, baby.” Appa says as he gives Jaehyung a hug that Jaehyung have to pull away fast.
 
“I will be okay. I will take bus with hyung. Don’t worry, Appa. Just have fun!” he says cheerfully and suddenly pulled in to hug by mommy.
 
“You’ll be okay, baby? You sure?” he asks. Once again, Jaehyung pulls away fast.
 
“I’ll be okay, mom. Don’t worry.” He chuckles.
 
“We’ll go in moment. And we won’t burn this house. Don’t worry!” I put an arm around Jaehyung’s shoulder. We both laugh.
 
“Okay, we go, baby. Make sure you wear something warm. Take care and call me if anything happens.” Mommy says the last time. We watch as their car disappears. I close the door and Jaehyung immediately plop down on the floor.
 
“Hyuuuh~ That was close. Now, let’s go to school, hyung.” he says as he stands up and walks to the room.
 
“Jae, are you okay? You don’t have to go to school if you’re not okay.” I say, put my hand on his forehead. He takes my hand off quickly.
 
“I am okay, hyung. Don’t worry.” He smiles. But I worry about you.
 
We walk together to the bus shelter. Luckily, Jaehyung’s school is right beside my school. So, I can take him and make sure he sits properly in his class before dashing off to my school.
 
An hour and another two has passed. It’s almost recess time when my phone rings. Mommy.
 
“Hello?”
 
“Yugyeom-ah…”
 
“Yes, mom?”
 
“Is Jaehyung okay?” he immediately asks.
 
“Yes. He is.”
 
“Where is he now?”
 
“He is in the school, mom. I took him to his class this morning. Don’t worry, mom. And, I am sorry… but I am in the middle of lesson. I’ll call you back later, mom.” I hurriedly hang up before breaking my promise.
 
When we are in recess time, Jimin and Yerin run to me.
 
“Yugyeom-ah… your brother… Jae… Jaehyung…” Jimin says run out of breath.
 
“He is sick in his school. His teacher told us to have you take him home.” Yerin says after she evened her breaths. Hearing this news, I sprint out to Jaehyung’s school without any thoughts.
 
I arrive at Jaehyung’s school and meet with his teacher who was my teacher too back then.
 
“Mr. Hwang?” I try to catch my breaths.
 
“Oh, Yugyeom-ah… Jaehyung is feeling unwell. He has fever. Can you take him home? I can’t reach your parents.” He tells me.
 
“Yes. They are probably in the plane to Busan now, Sir. Where is Jaehyung?”
 
“He is in the school’s nursery room. I took him there.”
 
“Okay. I will take him home, Sir. Thank you, Sir.” I excuse myself, walks out from the teacher’s office to the nursery room.
 
I find Jaehyung’s sleeping there. I walk closer to him and greet the nurse there.
 
“Your brother’s fever is a bit high, better to take him home, Yugyeom-ah.”
 
“Oh. Yes, Mrs. Kim. Thank very much. I will take him home now.” I say as I check his fever. You are burning, Jae. 
 
I let a sigh and watch him closely. Jaehyun is already in pain. His breath and heartbeats are faster. Suddenly, Jaehyung calls mommy for a few times. I shakes his body a little and he opens his eyes slowly.
 
“Hy-hyu-hyuung… yo-you are h-here.” he weakly says.
 
“Yes. I am.”
 
“I… m-my head’s s-spin-spinning, hy-hyung…” he whines weakly. I can’t help but become more worry about him.
 
“Stupid boy. Yes, you are. Are you strong enough to stand? Let’s go home.” I say. He lifts his body and tries to stand, but fail. I catch him right on the time.
 
I pick him up to piggy back him. “I’ll be okay, right, hyung? Don’t tell mommy and appa. And don’t worry.” He mumbles agains my neck.
 
“Silly. Now, I am more worry about you.” I say as I take his bag and adjust him on my back.
 
Suddenly, it’s raining agian outside and it’s impossible to go to the bus shelter in the middle of the rain, but since Jaehyung keeps muttering mommy and appa, I think it will be better if we get home as soon as possible. So, I take off my coat and wrap it around Jaehyung and open up the big umbrella that I borrowed from the school guard.
 
I slowly take steps in the rain and making sure Jaehyung won’t be wet. We arrive at the bus shelter and wait for the bus in a while. Jaehyung keeps muttering mommy’s name.
 
“Hang on there, Jae. We’ll be home soon.” 
 
The bus arrives in time and I take the closest seat to put Jaehyung. When we almost arrive at our destination, there are a few kind people who help me with Jaehyung. I thank them all as I get out of the bus. In this crazy world, there are still a lot of kind people.
 
After some struggle, we finally arrive at home. I immediately take Jaehyung in the room and change his clothes. I check his fever and put on a wet lap on his forehead, just like what mommy usually did when I have fever.
 
“Your fever seems higher than before, Jae.” I sigh.
 
“Mom—my… m-mommy… s-so s-sick… m-mommy… h-help m-me… J-aejae is s-sick… m-ommy. A-ap-ppaa… c-cold… m-mommy… a-app-ppa…” Jaehyung talks in his sleeps. I pull up the blanket and make sure he is warm now.
 
“Hang on there, Jae. Hyung will make porridge for you. And you have to drink medicine.”
 
I walk to the kitchen to make some porridge. Again, I go with my basic instinc because I never cook before, but at least I ever saw Mommy made porridge for Appa. 
 
As I am making porridge, Jimin and Yerin bring me my bag after school and they ask about Jaehyung. But, since they have vocal lesson after school, they couldn’t stay long.
 
After a while, the porridge is done. Thanks God that I didn’t burn anything. 
 
“Jae-ah… Wake up. Hyung made porridge for you. You have to eat before taking medicine, Jae. Wake up.” I softly shake his body. Jaehyung opens his eyes slowly.
 
“H-hyung?” he asks weakly as he lifts his body. I help him and put a pillow under his back so he can lean comfortably.
 
“You have to eat. I made you porridge and it’s still warm.” He nods. I feed him slowly and just like a good boy, he almost finish the porridge.
 
“Is it good?” I can’t help but asking. Jaehyung smiles a little before nodding.
 
“Thank you, hyung. I am sorry for making trouble for you.” he apologizes.
 
“Stupid. I’ve been worry about you since this morning. But, because of that one promise, I can’t tell mommy or appa.”
 
“You don’t call them, do you?” he asks concern.
 
“Nope. I never break my promise, Jae.:
 
“Yes… I know you, hyung. And thank you so much. You know how important their business is.”
 
“Yeah… yeah… yeah… Im Jaehyung is really mature now…”
 
“Hyu~ng…” he whines. Finally, he can be himself again and I let a laugh hearing this.
 
“Are you feeling better, Jae?”
 
“Yes, hyung. Thanks to you.”
 
“Now… take this medicine.” I give him his medicine and a glass of water.
 
“You should rest more, Jae.” I tuck him to sleep again.
 
I really can’t do anything except being there beside Jaehyung. He was fine a while ago, but as the night comes, his fever seems higher again. It get my nerves. I am so worry. 
 
“Maybe I should call mommy…” I mumble, but immediately shake my head, “No no no… he is in Busan right now.”
 
“Oh, I should call Uncle Nichkhun!” I say loudly. 
 
As then… Jaehyung mumbles again in his sleep. He keeps calling mommy and appa. At that time, I know that I should call mommy and appa since earlier.
 
“I am sorry, Jae, I will break my promise. But, you need mommy the most now. I’ll call him.” I say as I dial mommy’s number.
 
In a moment I hear ringing voice on the line and mommy’s ringtone which come closer. I put my phone away to hear better and almost drop it when mommy suddenly comes to the room with appa, making me shock.
 
“JAEHYUNG-ah!” he immediately goes to Jaehyung’s bed, completely ignore me. I watch mommy hugs Jaehyung.
 
Appa taps my shoulder and that brings me back to the world, “Appa…” I faintly call him, a bit guilty as I hung up the phone call.
 
“I am sorry… for not telling you.” I apologize to him.
 
“No matter, Gyeom… I know that you promised to your brother. But, we are his parents and mommy keeps worrying about Jaehyung since he acted weird this morning.” He says. I nod, stand beside him.
 
“Jae… Jaehyung’s fever was better this afternoon, but it got higher again. So… So… I was panic and I debated myself whether to call you or not, but you were in Busan. Then… Jaehyung kept calling you, mom. So, I called you. And I don’t know that you’ve already here.” I explain the situation.
 
“Had Jaehyung drink his medicine?” Appa asks.
 
“Yes. I made him porridge and he drank his medicine already. But, his fever seemed higher.” I say, following Appa to stand beside Jaehyung’s bed. Mommy said nothing and that scared me more. He keeps caressing Jaehyung’s face and kisses him.
 
“Don’t worry, Yugyeom-ah. He is better now. His fever is gone.” Mommy suddenly says, looking at me. I look at him confuse.
 
“Really, mom? But… but… just now… before I called you… his fever is about 39.6 degrees.” I doubt him.
 
Mommy smiles sweetly at me, “Come here… your baby brother is fine now.” Mommy pulls me closer. I put my hand on Jaehyung’s forehead and I feel nothing burning. His forehead in his usual warm now.
 
“How…” I mumble.
 
“Jaehyung only missed his mommy.” Appa answers for me.
 
I look at him confused before Appa let a chuckle, “Just like you, Gyeom-ah… Jaejae also will be fine around mommy. The one and only best medicine for you and your brother is mommy’s love.” He tells me. I finally can understand it.
 
“But, you are helping so much, baby. I am so proud of you. You took care of him just like your promise to me.” Mommy says as he looks at Jaehyung. Jaehyung holds mommy’s hand tightly.
 
“Come here… I miss you too, Yugyeom-ah.” Mommy calls me. I kneel in front of him and he pulls me in to his embrace. I know this feeling, the feeling that I get used ever since I was born. Mommy is calming down. His heart beats is calming down. And… this is what you called mommy’s love.
 
Appa joins us. “I love you all so much.” He says, giving Jaehyung a kiss and hug.
 
“M-mom-my…” Jaehyung stirs from his sleep. Mommy caresses Jaehyung’s hair and tucks him to sleep again. And for the rest of the night, Jaehyung is sleeping peacefully in mommy’s embrace.

 


The next morning, magically enough Jaehyung wakes up with new spirit. He is completely different from the other day.
 
“Is mommy home, hyung?” he asks as soon as he wakes up and heard mommy’s voice from the downstairs.
 
“Yes. He was home with Appa since last night.” I simply answer, adjusting my eyes to the new light.
 
“What? Yesss!” Jaehyung jumps up and down on his bed and running out of the room. I follow him behind.
 
“Mommy~ Mommy~ Mommy~” Jaehyung keeps calling him as he runs towards the kitchen to meet mommy.
 
“Hello, baby. Good morning? You feel better?” Mommy gives him hug and kiss as he greets Jaehyung. Jaehyung hugs him tightly.
 
“I miss you so much, mommy.”
 
“I miss you too… and glad that you are better now.” I take a seat in the dining table, watching Jaehyung helps mommy cheerfully.
 
“Good morning…” Appa greets us sleepily as he yawns.
 
“Are you not getting enough sleep, Appa?” I ask him as soon as he takes a seat across me and plops his head down the table.
 
“No. I can’t sleep because the bed’s so empty last night.” He says. Jaehyung walks towards us excitedly.
 
“Appa!” he exclaims.
 
“… because someone was sick last night.” Appa mumbles, smiling weakly at Jaehyung who looks at him confused.
 
“Why, Appa?” he asks. Appa opens his eyes and pulls Jaehyung in to him lap.
 
“Are you okay, baby? Feeling better?” Jaehyung nods.
 
“Why, Appa?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Why you couldn’t sleep last night?” he asks again.
 
Mommy enters the dining table with some foods, “Oh, come on, honey… you don’t get jealous with your son, right?” I laugh out loud because of this. We begin to eat and Jaehyung sits on his chair beside Appa now.
 
“Appa got jealous because of me?” Jaehyung asks again, pointing at himself.
 
“Yes, Jae. Because mommy slept with you last night. So, Appa slept alone.” I simply explain to him.
 
Jaehyung looks at us cutely, before apologizing at Appa and peck his lips, “I am sorry, Appa. Uh, no wonder I feel so warm and calm last night.” He says, grinning widely.
 
“Yes… you felt so warm and calm while I felt so cold and scared because of thunder.” Appa slips his words as he immediately covers his mouth.
 
“Oh my God! Was there any thunder last night?” Mommy asks worriedly as he tidies up the dishes. I help him to take it to the sink.
 
“Yes.” Appa softly whispers.
 
“Oh my God… I am sorry, honey… I couldn’t stay beside you.” Mommy apologizes as he give Appa a little kiss.
 
We all walk to the living room. Luckily, it’s Saturday and we don’t have to go to school.
 
“It’s okay. I survived thru the night.” Appa says as he plops his body on the couch.
 
“Definitely not.” I mock him softly, plopping beside him.
 
“What, Gyeom-ah? What did you say?” Appa asks. I grin widely at him, not anwering him.
 
“I can’t believe this happened…” Mommy says, sitting beside Appa, Jaehyung sits on his lap. He still clings to mommy a lot because of his fever. We look at him. I kind a understand him.
 
“What if we all need mommy’s love at the same time?” I kind a and looks at Appa mischieviously.
 
“Then… mommy will be here with all of you.” he sassily says.
 
“Ugh… I need you, honey~” Appa hug mommy by his waist.
 
“I need you too, mom~” I joins Appa. Jaehyung isn’t really happy with this.
 
“Aaahh~ I want mommy for myself! I was the one who sick yesterday~” he whines cutely, trying to detaches my arms and Appa’s from mommy’s body. We all laugh out loud.
 
“Jae-ah… share mommy with us too. We also need mommy’s love.” I say to Jaehyung, kissing his chubby’s cheek once and Appa follows me kissing his other cheek and Mommy joins to by kissing his lips. Jaehyung’s pout.
 
“Yeay! It’s cuddling time!” I exclaim loudly. Appa and mommy laugh out loud as they wrap me and Jaehyung in a better hug. Not only mommy’s love, we all need each other’s loves, just like mommy said.
 


AN: I was thinking about ending the story with Yugyeom and Jaehyung's POV.

So, there it was... this chapter is part of the ending.

I hope I will do better in the next chapter. ^^

See you soon ^O^~