Trace of Memories Pt. 1

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 26- 


 

I join Yugyeom to accompany Youngjae in the room. Yugyeom is sleeping beside Youngjae. Somehow he managed to climb up the bed and snuggle closer to him mommy. I walk closer towards them and put a chair beside the bed.
 
Yugyeom is clutching to Youngjae’s side as if he can’t let Youngjae go anywhere. And there is still a stain of tears on his round cheeks. I caress his cheeks to dry some stain of tears. 
 
“M-mommy…” Yugyeom stirs in his sleep, calling Youngjae. It must be hard and a good shock for him. He’s never been this worry about Youngjae before. I sigh as I sit beside the bed. I take Yugyeom and Youngjae’s hand and kiss them.
 
“Be well soon, baby.” I mumble to their hand and feeling a bit dizzy since I didn’t get enough sleep and this situation somehow making me more tired. I am about to doze off when I hear Youngjae mumbles my name.
 
“J-jaebum… h-hyung… J-jae-bum h-hyung…” I immediately stand up again and watch Youngjae who slowly open his eyes.
 
“Baby? How do you feel?” I ask him in concern tone. He blinks his eyes a couple of times before squinting it to look at me. I take his hand and call him again, “Baby?”
 
“Ugh…” he groans.
 
“Why? Do you hurt anywhere?” I ask again, looking at him anxiously, scanning his body.
 
“Jae-jaebum…” he says my name again and I can’t help but to think he sounds so y and cute at the same time when he calls me without nickname or honorifics.
 
“Youngjae-ah… baby… I am here…” I say, squishing his hand.
 
“Oh… Jaebum hyung…” he weakly says. “What—” he looks at Yugyeom who sleeps peacefully on his side.
 
“Yugyeomie…” he mumbles Yugyeom’s name.
 
“He is sleeping, Jae. He has been worrying you a lot and he couldn’t even go to the star gazing camp. He called me earlier.” I explain the situation to him. He nods, shifting a bit so he can hug Yugyeom better.
 
“I am sorry for making you worry, baby… I am fine now.” He gives Yugyeom a little kiss on his nose.
 
“Baby… are you good?” I ask him again. He looks at me, nodding, “I am good, hun. Don’t worry. It’s just… I thought that I will give birth because my belly was so hurt. I thought Jaejae want to come today.” He says, smiling reassuring to me.
 
“That was a false sign, baby.”
 
“Yeah… I know.”
 
“Hm… so, how do you feel? Are you really okay?” I can’t help but ask again and again because I am so worry about him.
 
He chuckles a bit, muffle it with his hand, looking at Yugyeom briefly making sure that he isn’t disturbing Yugyeom. “I am not child, hun. I am okay. Really. Just, still got a little bit dizzy. But, overall… I am good.”
 
“Good to hear that. However, if you ever feel unwell or weird… Please, tell me so, baby. Don’t hide it. I don’t want something like this happen again. And I am sorry because I wasn’t by your side today when you were in pain. I am sorry that I didn’t notice it. I am sorry. I—”
 
Youngjae squishes my hand tightly, “Stop it, honey. Don’t need to say sorry. You are not wrong, honey. The important one now is you are here with me right now and I am good and I am glad. And… Yugyeom is beside me also. Okay?” He looks at me in the eyes, giving me his signature bright smile and I can’t to not return his smile, so I smile to him.
 
“Thank you, baby. And I will make it up to you.” I say, leaning down to kiss his lips.
 
“Oh, really? Anything?” he asks, breaking the kiss.
 
“Yes. Anything.” I pull away a bit to look at his face who made a mischievous smirk.
 
“Then, kiss me. I will tell you my wish later.” He grins wide and I am not so sure if I should be happy or not because Youngjae’s grinning is one of not too good sign. I just hope he won’t wish for something bad.
 
“Stop thinking. I will tell you at the right time, baby. Now, kiss me.” he chuckles a bit, breaking me from my thoughts.
 
“Alright.” I lean down again to capture his pink and plump lips with mine. He kisses me back almost immediately. And he obeys me when I want to take this kiss deeper. So, without hesitation, I deepened the kiss, darting my tongue to enter his sweet mouth and meets with his own in a good and nice battle. 
 
My position isn’t the best, but I try to stand good by putting both my hands on the side of his body. One of my hands intertwined with Youngjae’s. I keep kissing him until I hear a mild moan from Youngjae and I know that soon he will be running out of breath, judging by the way he squish my hand. So, unwillingly I pulled away first, breathing heavily.
 
“Wow… it’s been so long, right?” he smiles.
 
“Yes. And I want it again, baby.” Soon, our lips meet again in new kisses. Luckily that Yugyeom doesn’t even budge beside us.
 

 

“You are good to go today, Youngjae-ah. Be careful with your pregnancy and please, tell your husband if you feel anything. We don’t want anything like this happen again, alright? Stay healthy always,” Nichkhun hyung did his last check up before giving permission for Youngjae to go home today.
 
I stand on the edge of the bed hug Yugyeom who still looking at his mommy with some anxious eyes.
 
Nichkhun hyung turn to look at us before bending himself, hands on his knees, “Your mommy is good, Yugyeom-ah… Smile, big boy. Here… Take this.” He gives Yugyeom a candy to brighten this poor boy.
 
Yugyeom takes it, staring at Nichkhun deeply, “Thank you…” he whispers. Nichkhun hyung ruffles his hair before standing up again to look at me, “Take care of him, Jae. Call me whenever.” He smiles.
 
I give him a simple smile, “Thank you so much, hyung.”
 
“Okay. Better I don’t see you again except for your check up schedule and your giving birth time, Youngjae.” Nichkhun hyung warns him with a chuckle. Youngjae is pouting a bit before smiling, “Thank you, hyung…”
 
Nichkhun laughs, “Well… I am full with your thanks. So, please excuse me…” he smiles to us, patting my shoulder a bit on his way. Yugyeom immediately climbs up to the bed and snuggle closer to Youngjae again, hugging him.
 
“You scared me, mommy. I don’t want to lose you. I was so scared. Are you really okay, mom?” he asks.
 
Youngjae caresses his hand, “I am okay, baby. I am sorry that I made both of you scared. Let’s go home. I miss home already.”
 
Yugyeom lifts his head a little. Youngjae takes this opportunity to rub their nose together, earning a giggle from Yugyeom.
 
“Honey…” Youngjae reaches out his hand, calling me. I smile before closing the gap and wrap them in my embrace, kissing Youngjae’s head.
 
“I love both of you so much.” I mumble in Youngjae’s hair.
 
“Let’s go home.”
 

 

“Mommy… what do you want to eat? Appa said he will make dinner now.” Yugyeom’s voice is ringing in all corners of the house. Youngjae can’t get tired, so I and Yugyeom force him to lay down on the couch and giving him some leisure time which is earning a good protest from the latter.
 
“Yugyeom-ah… can you come here, baby…” Yugyeom who is helping me in the kitchen, looks at me briefly before running, “Coming, mom!”
 
“Yes, mom, what’s that?” I still can hear their voices, somehow it makes me chuckle. 
 
I frown a bit when I don’t hear their voices anymore. Curious, I walk towards them and find Youngjae is whispering something to Yugyeom. I can’t tell Yugyeom’s expression.
 
“Hey… I am here, you know. Stop talking behind my back.” My voice makes them separated. I stand close to them. Youngjae is grinning widely at me while Yugyeom gives Youngjae some unsure expression.
 
“Baby~…” Did I just hear Youngjae’s plea? … to Yugyeom? What’s this?
 
“What’s going on? Tell me…” I demand an explanation.
 
“Uhm, well… so, Appa…” Yugyeom trails off. I look down at him while he looks at me briefly. He looks scared.
 
“Honey, don’t give him that look! He is scared now.” Youngjae tugs my left arm, scolding me.
 
I chuckle, “Oh my God, I am sorry. Yes, baby… what are you going to say?” I ask him in my friendly tone.
 
“Look, Appaaa… Soooo, mommy asks me if we can eat dinner outside aaaand…” he trails off again. I feel tired standing, so I sit beside Youngjae on the couch. Youngjae immediately wrap his arms around me, put his head on my chest and kissing my neck. I know that he wants something. He never acts cutely like this again.
 
“And what, baby? Hm?” I look at Yugyeom and Youngjae.
 
“Mooo~m…” Yugyeom whines. “I can’t. Just say it.” he pouts, sitting beside me, crossing his arms above his chest, sulking by his self. I chuckle at Yugyeom’s unusual behavior.
 
“What’s that? It can’t be bad, right?” I ask Youngjae, leaving the sulking Yugyeom beside me.
 
“So, you want to eat dinner outside, Jae?” I ask again. Youngjae nods.
 
“Uhm… well… remember last night when I say I have a wish? And you will grant it for me?” he asks me.
 
“Uhm… y-yes?” I answer him, unsure. “Why?” I ask again.
 
“So… I want to ask you if we can take a walk of this neighborhood this night. Something like trailing behind our memories? I miss this neighborhood so much, honey. Please? Can we?” he pleads, blinking his eyes couple of times, just like Yugyeom when he pleads to us.
“I told mommy that it would be too risk for him, Appa. He has just coming out from hospital.” Yugyeom mumbles beside me. I look at him who looks at me back.
 
“But, it won’t be long, honey. Please?” I turn to look at Youngjae again. “I kind a really want to have a walk with both of you. Beside, didn’t Nichkhun hyung say that I should take a walk to smoothen the process of giving birth?” he says.
 
“Yes, he did.” I simply say. Youngjae tighten his embrace.
 
“See? Please, honey?”
 
“But, Yugyeom is right, baby. You are just coming out from hospital this afternoon. It will be too risk for you. And plus, I don’t want you to be tired again and collapse. We can take a walk tomorrow morning. How?” I explain to him. Youngjae breaks his embrace. I know he is sulking now.
 
“Yes, mommy… tomorrow, okay?” Yugyeom adds, smiling cutely. He blinks his eyes couple of times, pleading to Youngjae.
 
“But, tomorrow morning, you have to work and you, baby… you have school.” 
 
“I won’t.” both Yugyeom and I replies him at the same time after he finished his sentence. Youngjae looks at us questionably.
 
“Mommy… I won’t go to school tomorrow. I want to accompany you.” Yugyeom says.
 
“So do I. I have informed my secretary that I will work from home and won’t go to office unless it’s necessary.” I add.
 
“Really?” he asks in disbeliefs.
 
“Yes. I will grant your first wish, dinner outside. But for walking out, no. You need to have a good rest.”
 
“Okay. I agree! Promise me that three of us will take a walk tomorrow morning?” he begins to smile again. At this moment, I feel Yugyeom is a lot mature than his mommy. Maybe it’s our Jaejae’s mood, but by this pregnancy, I just realize that Yugyeom is growing up fast.
 
“We promise!”
 
“Fine. Let’s get ready to have dinner.” I say, standing up and taking both of my babies’ hands.
 

 

The next morning, I wake up to no one beside me. I remember having a long hearty talk and a lovey dovey moment with Youngjae before knocked out. I rub my eyes and yawn out loud, reaching out to kick out the blanket around my body. I sit and search for the clock. It reads 6:12 AM.
 
“Still early…” I mumble, can’t help a yawn escape from my mouth.
 
“Baby…” I shout out softly, looking for Youngjae. “Youngjae-ah… baby…” no answer. In the far away, I hear a faint “Ow!” and I abruptly get up from the bed, dashing towards the source of that voice.
 
“Baby!”
 
“Mommy!” Yugyeom and I shout at the same time, catching our breath because we run there. We both thought something bad happen to Youngjae in the kitchen.
 
Youngjae jumps a little before turning around to meet us. Suddenly he laughs. I exchange a questionably look with Yugyeom.
“A-are you okay, m-mom?” Yugyeom asks, walks towards Youngjae who still chuckling.
 
“Your expressions are priceless. Both of you. Oh my God, I wish I have my camera with me,” he says still chuckling. I exchange gaze with Yugyeom before joining Youngjae laughing. Our home is filled with our laughter.
 
“So, are you okay?” I ask as soon as our laugh dies down.
 
“I am fine. I just got cut a little, but it didn’t that bad.” He says, showing his scar. I walk closer to him, taking his hand as I examine it.
 
“Hold on. I will take first aid kit.” I say, walking away from the kitchen.
 
When I find the first aid kit in the bathroom, I go to Youngjae again who is resuming his cooking with Yugyeom by his side, whining to Youngjae to gives him permission to help.
 
“Mommy~ let me help you~”
 
“No. You can get burnt or cut, baby.”
 
“Baby…” I call both of them. “Jae-ah… here, let me take care of your scar first.” I say as I take Youngjae’s hand again, lowering the stove. Yugyeom is watching us.
 
“Is it hurt, mommy?” he asks, concern.
 
“No, baby. I just got surprise just now.” Youngjae answer while I clean his scar and put a band aid on his finger.
 
“It’s okay now.” I finish take care it.
 
“Thank you, honey. Now, why don’t both of you wait a moment while I am cooking. I’m almost done.” He stands and resuming the cooking.
 
“Mommy… I want to help.” Yugyeom whines again.
 
“Baby… let’s make juice.” I say to him, stopping him to disturbing Youngjae.
 
“Yes!” He’s excitedly helping me. In some while, we are done preparing breakfast.
 
“So, baby… what’s got you cooking in the early morning?” I ask Youngjae while munching my foods.
 
He takes a sip of his special milk, “Don’t you remember your promise last night?”
 
“Huh?”
 
“Promise, Appa. Our promise.” Yugyeom adds, shaking his head. “You’re getting old…” he mumbles and chuckles.
 
“Yes. Your promise to take a walk around our neighborhood.” Youngjae states.
 
“Oh, that’s one.” I remember, scratching my head.
 
“You forget?!” he asks again in disbeliefs.
 
“No no no. I do not forget. It’s just… it’s still early in the morning, so my brain doesn’t work properly.” I grin, trying to find an excuse.
 
“Oh, whatever. Now, if you two are done eating, let’s get ready.” He picks up some dishes before we are really done.
 
“Are you really, baby? It’s still sooo early… way too early, baby…” I say, yawning a bit. Honestly, I prefer to just spending time in the home, cuddling all day with him and Yugyeom.
 
“Oh come on, honey… Don’t be a baby…” he says, frowning.
 
“Yes, Appa. Let’s get ready! I want to detour here too. I am so excited! Let’s shower, Appa!” Yugyeom adds excitedly. I sigh.
 
“Okay. Fine. I am up!” I say defeatedly. Taking a last sip of my juice and going to the bathroom with Yugyeom.
 
“Don’t take too long, baby…” Youngjae kindly shouts to remind us.
 
“Will do!” I shout too.
 

 

The spring breeze is welcoming us as soon as we get out of the house. Yugyeom and Youngjae is so excited about this little tour. And I can’t hide my happiness to seeing their bright expression.
 
Youngjae is wearing dress and I forced him to put a coat to prevent him from the windy day. And Yugyeom dress casually, like me. Even if it’s spring, but the wind is cold enough. I think winter is going back.
 
“Are you okay, baby?” I can’t help but ask Youngjae again and again, making sure that he is alright. He stops for a moment from his story to answer me, “Yes, honey. I am okay. How many times do I have to answer the same question from you?” he asks in amused.
 
“I am sorry. I can’t help it, baby. I just… worry, I guess.” I honestly answer.
 
“Stop worrying, hun. Let’s go to that bus stop!” he says. We continue our little journey. We arrived at the bus stop. We sit on the bench there and Youngjae begins his story again, telling Yugyeom our first meeting.
 
“So, I and your Appa met in the bus. I didn’t know his name yet at that time, but I remember calling him phone guy because his phone kept ringing while he was daydreaming.” Youngjae let a chuckle.
 
“Hey, it’s not like that. I wasn’t daydreaming at that time.” I defense.
 
“Oh, really?” he ask in mocking tone. “Then, what were you doing? You had a blank expression that time, hun.” He says, chuckling again. This time, Yugyeom joins him, “Really, mom?”
 
“Trust me. His expression is like this…” he mimics my “expression” at that time according to “his”.
 
“Hey, I wasn’t making that face. Never!” I say, defense myself a bit louder because of their laughter.
 
“So, tell me, honey… What were you thinking if you didn’t day dreaming?” he asks again. I think that I should reply him.
 
“I was…” I trail off.
 
“Yes?” he asks expectantly. I chuckle a bit.
 
“I was admiring you because at that time, when you were in to the bus, I thought that I saw an angel. You were shining so bright at that time that I felt dizzy and amazed by your light.” I say a bit cheesy, but it doesn’t 100% lies. It’s true though because I was literally being in to his bright circle.
 
Youngjae smacks me lightly, “Stop joking. You are lying.” He says.
 
“I am not.” I simply state. “Yugyeom-ah… your mommy was an angel. My heart was captivated by him right at that moment. And… do you know… since that day, I kept thinking about you, Jae. I couldn’t get you out of my head. Really.” I add.
 
“Really, Appa? Wow… it’s like a drama.” Yugyeom comments cheekily. I notice a pinkish colors in Youngjae’s cheeks.
 
“Mommy is blushing again!” Yugyeom yells.
 
“Oh, shut up!” Youngjae sheepishly murmur cupping and fanning his burning face.
 
“Oh… and do you remember, hun… in this exactly place, in this bus station, that was the first time you hugged me. In the rainy and stormy night, you sat here, trembling, and when I tapped your shoulder, you literally jumped in to me and hugged me tight and saying…” he unable to continue his words as I cover his mouth with my hand.
 
Yugyeom looks at us, blinking confusedly, “What did Appa say, mom?”
 
Youngjae takes my hand and squish it, smiling nicely at me, “He begged me to not leave him alone. He was afraid of thunder. He was trembling hard, baby…” Youngjae pause, looks at Yugyeom.
 
“Just like that day, mom? After our Amusement Park date?” Yugyeom asks, looking up at me deeply as he remembers that one day. I can’t tell his expression, but somehow I feel a small hand grabs my hand. I look at Yugyeom questionably, “Huh? Baby?”
 
“Don’t be scare again, Appa. Yugyeom is here with you. I will protect you, and mommy, and Jaejae. Yugyeom is a big boy now.” He seriously says to me. I can’t resist his adorableness as I pull him in to my hug.
 
“I know, baby. And thank you. I will protect you too.” I softly whisper making him smile as I break the hug.
 
“We will protect each other, right?” Youngjae joins us. We can’t agree more as we nod our head.
 
“Continue, mom…” Yugyeom demands.
 
“Uhm… Well… So… And at that time, I thought that it must be destiny for me to meet him again. So, I didn’t want to waste any opportunity as I took him home.” Youngjae takes my hand again, holding it tight, giving the best warm feeling to all of my body.
 
I look at Youngjae deeply, “That was the first time you call me hyung,” I say feeling nostalgic.
 
“And that was the first time someone saw me cried,” he says.
 
“That was my first time too, baby…”
 
“And… that was my first time knowing your name and ended up with embarrassed myself in front of you.” he says with a little chuckle.
 
“That was my first time I let somebody talked to me outside my friends.”
 
“And… that was my first time inviting someone to sleep in my room. I never had any friend before.” He says.
 
“That was my first time going through a roller coaster of emotion, listening to your story, watching you with your mom, and seeing you crying at night.” I say, squishing his hand again.
 
He looks at me deeply, saying, “That was the first time I fell in love with you, honey.” His words ring nicely at my ears as I see his angelic smile once again. I fall deeply in his sea of sweetness as I caress his hand back.
 
“You are falling in love again, Appa, Mommy…” Yugyeom mumbles as he looks at us. “Look, Appa… there is a bus!” Yugyeom exclaims, breaking my and Youngjae’s sweet nostalgic moments.
 
“Oh… let’s take the bus.” Youngjae stands up, holding Yugyeom’s hand. The bus perfectly stops in front of us. We get in to the unoccupied bus. Youngjae still has his habit: greeting the driver. We directly take a back seat.
 
“I love taking bus!” Yugyeom shouts out loud. We laugh at his suddenness.
 
“You’ve got that from us, baby. We both love taking a small tour with bus. When we are together, before you, we would have a small tour around the city by taking a bus, just for sight-seeing. It was so nice back then, just the two of us. And now… it’s more complete with you sit between us…” I say.
 
“… and with Jaejae too, Appa!” he reminds me.
 
“Of course. With Jaejae too.” I smile to him.
 
“Later… when Jaejae comes to the world, we should have a small tour by bus like this again, Appa, Mommy. I bet Jaejae will be very happy.”
 
“Yes, we will, sweety. Oh! Jaejae is moving again.” Youngjae exclaims.
 
“Then… he must be very excited!” Yugyeom concludes making us laugh.
 
After a while, Yugyeom asks again, “Mommy… where will we go?” he looks outside the window.
 
“We will go to the place where mommy having his first concert, baby.” I say, giving him a wink which earns a good smack from Youngjae.
 
“Ouch, baby. It hurts.” I fake the hurt. Youngjae pouts, mumbling, “Don’t tell him that.”
 
He looks so cute with his sulk expression. I can’t help but to pinch his chubby pinkish cheeks.
 
“Honey!”
 
“Sorry. You are just too cute, baby. I can’t resist you.” I grin. Yugyeom is chuckling between us, “I can’t wait to the next stop!” he says.

 



 

AN: Part 2 is on going~

Tell me about this chapter. ^^