Im's Family Pt. 2

Another Beginning: When I Meet You

It's double update because today is my last holidays.

I can't promise to update again tomorrow, but I'll try.

Enjoy! ^O^ 


-ANOTHER BEGINNING: CHAPTER 31- 


 

Time flies so fast and it almost reach Jaehyung’s first birthday. For the past year, a lot of things happened. And now, Jaehyung can walk and he also can speak some words. His favorite words are “mommy, appa, heeung, eat, milk, and that”. 
 
I learnt something new that if a baby would be able to do something or showing some progress, they tend to have fever. I remember the first time Jaehyung would be able to turn his body, lay on his stomach, he got a fever. I was panic at that time that I called Youngjae in the school. He immediately came home. And he told me about the fever for showing a progress.
 
“Baby usually will have fever if he will be able to show some progress, honey. Don’t be panic again. Jaehyung is fine.” I remember that words from that day. 
 
Since then, I managed to control my emotion and trying to calm myself down everytime Youngjae left me alone with Jaehyung. Youngjae is an expert with baby, while I am an amateur.
 
I also remember the first word he said. It’s ‘Mommy’. Then, ‘Appa’. At that time, I felt like all the happiness was mine. I really really couldn’t believe it that a simple word from my baby’s mouth could be amazingly brought all the joy in to my world.
 
“Mom-myyyy~” was the first word that Jaehyung said in the dining room. He got us shocked.
 
“What? Jaehyung-ah…” Youngjae couldn’t hide his happiness.
 
“Mom-myyyy… Ap-paaaa…” Jaehyung said, pointing at Youngjae and me with his little spoon. This time, it got me choke on my food because I didn’t expect this.
 
“Baby…” I softly mumbled. Jaehyung looked at us cutely with his grinning smile.
 
“Mom-myy… mom-my…” he repeated again and again as he jumped up and down on his high chair.
 
“Can you say it once again, baby. Who is this?” Youngjae asked Jaehyung, pointed at me.
 
“App--paaa.” Jaehyung stuttered a bit before chuckling after successfully spoke the word that made my heart jumped in joy.
 
“And this?” Youngjae asked again, pointed at Yugyeom. Yugyeom looked at Jaehyung full of anticipation.
 
“Ung?” Jaehyung looked confused. He rolled his eyes to the three of us.
 
Yugyeom scooted closer and slowly told Jaehyung, “Hyung. Hyung. Try it, Jae-ah…”
 
Jaehyung smiled widely and laughing, pointing at Yugyeom’s face, “Hee~ung…” he said it sloppily.
 
“Hyung is a bit difficult, baby. Don’t worry. He will call you right later.” Youngjae encouraged Yugyeom.
 
“I know, mom. I am happy as long as Jaehyung can call me. Heeung is cute too.” Yugyeom said as he kiss Jaehyung’s cheeks, making Jaehyung chuckled.
 
“Heeung… heeung…” Jaehyung said excitedly while he hit his little table and jumped up and down again.
 
“Jae… Jae… Jae…” Yugyeom copied him. We all both laughed.
 
“Mommy, what was my first word?” Yugyeom suddenly asked.
 
Youngjae gave him a tender smile, “Do you want to know it? What it would be, baby? Can you guess it?” Youngjae , making Yugyeom pout as he brought his finger to his chin. 
 
I laughed as I saw Jaehyung copied Yugyeom’s signature thinking pose. Jaehyung looked at me laughing and he joined me too.
 
“Uhm… daddy?” Yugyeom answered unsure. He used to call Youngjae as daddy before he knew the truth.
 
Youngjae shook his head, “No.”
 
“Ung? No? Then… uhm… mommy!”
 
Youngjae shook his head again, “No, baby.”
 
“Aaahh… then what, mommy?” he whined. I chuckled.
 
“Oh, I know!” he exclaimed, pointing his index finger to the air. “Ap-pa! Right?”
 
Youngjae smiled, “Yes. Your first word was Appa.” Youngjae looked at me deeply.
 
“That was his first word, honey. He said it as soon as he looked at your picture. Do you remember the photo I showed you, right? That was the day he spoke his first word. I spelled it for him and he followed me right.” Youngjae told me. I could feel that I was in the cloud 9.
 
“Wow! My first word was Appa!” Yugyeom was still in his excited mode. I looked at him deeply, staring at him affectionately as he talked to Jaehyung.
 
“That’s my baby boy…” I mumbled, only Youngjae could hear it.
 

 

Ever since Jaehyung can walk and run, days became more tired because he would walk and run sloppily here and there. If we didn’t pay close attention, we would find him on the floor, crying hard because he fell. 
 
But, he never gives up as he keeps running around the house. Usually, Yugyeom who will accompanies him. They really love and adore each other. And that makes me and Youngjae happy.
 
A few weeks ago…
 
“Mommyyyyy!!! Jaehyung fell and he is BLEEDING!! Mommyyyy, COOMMEEE!!!” Yugyeom shouted out loud from terrace where he was playing with Jaehyung.
 
I was in the bathroom as I heard Yugyeom’s loud voice and Jaehyung’s bawling. I hurriedly finished my shower and covered my lower body with towel as I sprinted out to the source.
 
I met with Yugyeom who seemed so shock beside Youngjae and Jaehyung. Jaehyung was on Youngjae’s embrace, his body was shaking.
 
“Baby! What happened?” I asked impatiently. They all froze looking at me. I looked at them back, “What? Did Jaehyung hurt somewhere? I heard Yugyeom’s voice from bathroom.”
 
“Honey…” Youngjae stared hard at me.
 
“Huh?”
 
“Appa?” Yugyeom stared at me too. Jaehyung who had his head on Youngjae’s shoulder just now, he stared at me too.
 
“What?” I asked again as they all laughed out loud.
 
I stood there, confused. I looked at my lower body. I have covered everthing. Nothing’s weird except I was still holding my tooth brush.
 
“Have you done showering?” Youngjae asked as he began walking in, “Luckily, that you don’t go out like that, honey, or you will be embarrassed to death.” He said still chuckling.
 
“What?” I repeated again.
 
“Your hair, Appa.” Yugyeom simply said as he trailed behind Youngjae. Jaehyung looked at me again, but he was smiling now although still there were tears on his eyes. I ran my hand to touch my hair where I could feel some foam there. I blushed. My cheeks suddenly got hot and red. I excused myself immediately, running towards the bathroom to clean up again.
 
I still could hear Yugyeom’s mumbled, “Silly Appa,” along with his chuckles.
 
They would always tease me whenever they remembered that event. And that would make me sulk a bit, until they showed me some aegyo.
“Ow… come on, honey… that means you care enough about our baby, that why you sprint out from shower without some thoughts.” Youngjae would always say this as he ended it with some laughs too. 
 

 

Just like his infant inside Youngjae’s belly, Jaehyung is a lot more active than I thought. He really loves to play outside. That’s why I and Youngjae always take turn to bring him outside or to the park. If Yugyeom doesn’t have any class for dancing, he will join us too. Together, we will play in the playground where Youngjae used to play as a kid.
 
We are in the playground. After playing here and there, Yugyeom and Jaehyung are tired enough. I am company Yugyeom to play swing.
 
“Appa… it’s okay. I can push it alone. Look, my feet are on the ground already, Appa.” Yugyeom says as I slowly let him go to play alone.
 
Youngjae and Jaehyung come towards us as they laugh about something. Jaehyung ran sloppily towards me, "App-ppaaa... app-ppaaa".
 
I bent my body to catch him, “Aigooo-yaa, my baby…”
 
Jaehyung was laughing. I was curious as I asked, “What’s so funny, baby?” 
 
He points at some random kids who play across the swings as he chuckles again. I look at him confused. He reenacts the kid excitedly using his whole body, “Hee~ung… run…  dudududu~... to me… ap-paaa… run… run… whooosee… hee~ung… buuh… plop… ap-ppaa… Jaejae laugh… hee~ung funny.”
 
First, he ran around then stopped then clapped his hand one time then suddenly fell in his then he laugh, pointing at Yugyeom.
 
I still confused. Youngjae who still laughing beside me, tells me, “One of the kids was calling him to play together, but as he wanted to approach Jaehyung, that kid fell on his as he bumped with another kid who wanted to ask Jaehyung too. Jaehyung found it funny because that kid’s face reminded him of Yugyeom, I think.” 
 
“Baby… how come you laugh at other kid?” I ask him, amused as I hold him up. Jaehyung looks at me, confused, before pouting, “Ap-paaaa… buuhh… hee-ung… fell…” he says some random words, but I understand it. I will never get angry with this cute baby.
 
“Jaehyung-ah! Swing with hyung!” Yugyeom calls him. Jaehyung looks at his direction as Yugyeom laughs out loud.
 
“Hee~ung… hee~ung… hee~ung…” Jaehyung jumps up and down as he reaches out both of his hands to Yugyeom.
 
“Honey, you can ride it with Jaehyung. I will push you.” I give Jaehyung to Youngjae again.
 
Youngjae sits on the swings beside Yugyeom while Jaehyung is on his lap. Youngjae holds Jaehyung with one of his hand as his other hand hold the cord tightly. I slowly push them upside. Jaehyung’s thin and high voice is echoing in the park as he laughs excitedly. Yugyeom joins him.
 
Suddenly, I remember the first time I was here with Youngjae. I sang to him his song… and I want to sing it again.
 
When I was young, it helped me build my dreams
My small playground that was my everything in my young world
My own world in the old photos
The wonderland in my memories that I dreamed of and played in
Now I’m an adult so will you be my dream now?
I want to stay by your side and run around and play
 
 
Youngjae briefly turns his head to me as I continue to sing, smiling at him.
 
Suddenly, he joins me, singing the song until the end. Yugyeom is so excited to hear us. He claps hard and Jaehyung follows too.
 
 
You are my playground playground playground
In your heart, will I find that dream that I lost as a child?
You are my playground playground playground
I’ll find a love that is better than the one in my fantasies
You are my playground
The slide that I loved to go on as a child and the swings that made me fly high in the sky
Your soft eyes and your voice that makes my heart rush
So I want you be my only one, my eternal rhapsody
Now I realized that you are my wonderland
Now I’m an adult so will you be my dream now?
I want to stay by your side and run around and play
Spread out your hidden wings
Sprinkle your magic powder on me
We’ll hold hands and fly high
You are my playground playground playground
In your heart, will I find that dream that I lost as a child?
You are my playground playground playground
I’ll find a love that is better than the one in my fantasies
You are my playground
 
 
We finish the song and Yugyeom hops down from the swings to hug Youngjae. I stop the swing to join him.
 
“Mommy! Appa! Your voices are so good! I really love the song too… sing me to sleep tonight, okay?” he demands. 
 
Jaehyung gives him some support as he keeps clapping, “Mom-myyyy! App-ppaaaa!! App-ppaaa… mom-mmyyy… good! Hee~ung… hee~ung… hyuuuung… good… good… good…”
 
“Oh? Jae-ah… you call me right!” Yugyeom pull away from the hug, just like me. We all stare at him. Jaehyung just chukles and gives us his eyes crescent smile.
 
“Jaehyung-aaahhhh…” Yugyeom kisses his baby brother’s cheek as he feels so joyful. Jaehyung pouts to the kiss before he puckers his lips and Yuygyeom kiss his little lips.
 
“Let’s go home. It’s almost dinner time.” I remind them. We’ve been in this playground for four hours now.
 
“How about having dinner outside, honey?” Youngjae asks.
 
“Are you sure?” I ask Youngjae back. I don’t want he feels uncomfortable with some stranger’s gaze at him.
 
“I am sure. You are all here with me.” he winks as he gets up, holding Jaehyung.

 


 

We arrive at the restaurant and immediately order some foods. I’ve been hungry since we’ve played in the playground. And Yugyeom too… he kept saying he wanted to eat ramen and ice cream. Today is special day for us. We rarely can go outside since Jaehyung’s born, so I grant their wishes.
 
We eat in not so silence mode because Yugyeom and Jaehyung keep playing with their foods and Youngjae have to scold them. And as the ice cream come, Jaehyung is whining to Youngjae and Yugyeom to give him some. Ice cream isn’t good for him, but Youngjae can’t refuse his baby’s wish.
 
“Just once, okay, Jae?” he says. Jaehyung looks at him, nodding his head eagerly as his lips open and close in such a cute way. Youngjae takes a little ice cream on Jaehyung’s spoon and feed him. As soon as the ice cream invades his mouth, Jaehyung shivers his body and closing his eyes tightly. He never eats ice cream before.
 
“Are you okay, baby?” I ask him worriedly. 
 
Jaehyung opens his eyes and smiling so wide, “Again, mom-myyyy… again… that… that… I want… that…” he shouts excitedly.
 
“Okay, once more, baby. Yugyeom-ah… Hurry up, finish your ice cream so your baby brother won’t ask for it again.” Youngjae says. I help Yugyeom finish his ice cream as Youngjae feeds Jaehyung again. This time, Jaehyung has been adjusted to the cool invasion on his mouth.
 
“Moooreee… that…” he says again.
 
“No, Jae. Hyung has finished it all. Sorry.” Yugyeom says to his baby brother, showing the empty glass. Jaehyung pouts and he almost bawls in the restaurant if Youngjae doesn’t give him a bottle of milk.
 
“You better eat this, baby. You can have your ice cream if you are old enough. I am sorry.” Youngjae kisses his head. 
 
I get up to pay for the bill. Once I back, Jaehyung is already sleeping.
 
“He falls asleep?” I ask Youngjae in disbeliefs.
 
“He is. He’s been sleepy since the ride here, but I guess he held his desire to sleep because he wanted to eat.” Youngjae tells me. I nod as I help him tidy up some our belongings and hold Yugyeom’s hand to lead him out the restaurant.
 
Yugyeom immediately sleeps in our way to home.
 
“They had been playing all time. They must be tired.” Youngjae says as he caresses Jaehyung’s lips.
 
We arrive at home. I hold Yugeyom up to take him to his bedroom while Youngjae immediately goes to our room with Jaehyung. Jaehyung still sleeps with us because sometimes he will wake up in the middle of the night.
 
I change Yugyeom in his pajamas before tuck him to sleep again, making sure that he is covered by blanket and in a comfortable position before turning off the lamp. I walk down stairs to my bedroom and find Youngjae already in his pajamas as he is changing Jaehyung’s pajamas.
 
“I will take shower first.” I say. I take my time in the bathroom. As I walk to the room, Youngjae has been lying on the bed beside Jaehyung.
 
“Honey? Are you sleeping?” I scoot closer to him. He opens his eyes, “No. I am not sleepy yet. It’s still early though.” He says.
 
“Let’s talk about something…” I ask him as I put blanket over us. Jaehyung shifts a bit, snuggle closer to Youngjae as he holds his mickey mouse doll tightly with one hand.
 
“What do you want to talk about?” he asks in whisper.
 
“I don’t know… a lot of thing happened in my life ever since I met you.” I say. We talk in a low voice.
 
“… Is there any regret?” he asks again.
 
I keep silence for a while before answering, “There is.” I turn my head to look at him.
 
“What’s that?” he stares at me hard.
 
I smile to him, “The time when I let you go… nine years ago.”
 
“Do you know? Ever since I let you go, I always count the days as I wish to meet you again someday. I pray everyday to meet you.” I tell him.
 
Youngjae nods, “You’ve told me that, honey.” He chuckles.
 
“Did I?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“That’s the biggest regret that I ever had in my life.” I simply say.
 
“It’s already in the past, honey. No need to think about it again.” he smiles.
 
I nod, agreed with him, “Yes, honey. I know. But, meeting you never brings any regret for me. You are the best thing that I ever had in my life. And now, my life is so full of bless because I have you, Yugyeom, and Jaehyung whom I love and will always love me limitlessly and endlessly.”
 
Youngjae takes my hand and intertwind it, “It’s the same for me too. You are the best person for me and I am really happy to have you, Yugyeom, and Jaehyung.”
 
“Whatever the hardship ahead us, I know that you will always be there for me and give me strength. I know it. Promise me, we will live together till forever…” I squish his hands on mine.
 
Youngjae gives me a soft sweet gentle smile, “I promise. I promise to always be there for you in every situation.”
 
“Thank you…” I whisper in soft tone as I lean in close to him, hovering Jaehyung to give Youngjae a kiss.
 
“I love you, honey.”
 
“I love you too. More than you know.”
 
“I can feel it.” he says, chuckling.
 
Suddenly, the door to our room opens. Yugyeom is standing by the door, rubbing his eyes.
 
“Yugyeom-ah…” I call him as I get up to hug him.
 
“Appa… Mommy… I want to sleep here.” He says.
 
“Why?” Youngjae asks as I lead Yugyeom to lies down on the middle of the bed.
 
“Just… nightmare…” he mumbles.
 
“Alright, baby. Sleep here.” I say as I close the door and turn off the lamps.
 
“Appa… hug me…”
 
“Come here, baby boy…” I say, wrapping him in my embrace.
 
“Sing me to sleep. You’ve promised me.” he asks. 
 
I exchange a glance with Youngjae before chuckling. Yugyeom opens his eyes, pouting, “Appa~ hurry up. I am sleepy.” He whines. I kiss his forehead before sing him to sleep. Youngjae joins me later as he caresses Jaehyung’s back.
 
“Good night, baby.” I feel Youngjae shifts to give kisses for me, Yugyeom, and Jaehyung. I do the same. The four of us are sleeping in one bed. It happened more than once in the next days…